2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

Talk to the Press

Comments

• Options
    prlady1prlady1 Member Posts: 573
    A radio reporter is doing a story about the controversy involving elderly drivers, and would like to talk with drivers over 70 and younger people who have wrestled with what to do about their own parents' driving. Please respond with your daytime contact info to jfallon@edmunds.com asap, no later than August 7.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    I'm looking for car owners that go to the manufacturer's plant to pick up their cars fresh off the line and drive them home. I would like to interview you on the experience for a national newspaper. Please respond to RichBeattie@hotmail.com. My deadline is Sept. 15.
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 33,058
    I'd like to hear about that. Really didn't know you could do that aside from some overseas programs like Volvo offers. Is this practice possible for other manufacturers like GM, Ford, or even Honda? Maybe this deserves a topic.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    lancerfixerlancerfixer Member Posts: 1,284
    As far as I know, you can't do that except with overseas delivery programs.
  • Options
    Let me see what I can learn from the journalist...
  • Options
    A newspaper reporter would like to interview people who found themselves in upside down situations when they went to purchase new vehicles -- i.e., the amount left on their loan was greater than the trade-in value of their vehicles. How did you resolve the issue? Did you get longer-length loans, did the dealer add some cash, or did you have to walk away from buying altogether? Please reply to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information by Monday, August 25. Thanks!
  • Options
    A newspaper reporter would like to talk with Warranty Gold customers. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information by Tuesday, August 19. Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    hjr2hjr2 Member Posts: 105
    with a Hyundai,from anywhere, that has over 100,000+ miles, let me know. In 6 more months, we will have Two with that many miles(all under 5 years old).
    ;-)
    Take Care.
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing - I'll keep that in mind!
  • Options
    A newspaper reporter would like to talk with Smart Choice automotive warranty customers. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information by Tuesday, August 19. Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A reporter with a major magazine is looking to interview people who were drawn to Chrysler dealerships by the Pacifica, and then experienced sticker shock, and perhaps purchased the Town and Country instead.
    If you fit the bill, please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com by Friday, September 5 with your daytime contact information and a few words about your experience.
    Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A reporter with a major magazine is looking to interview owners and people who have shopped for VW Touaregs or Passat W8s. If you fit the bill, please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com by Friday, September 5 with your daytime contact information and a few words about your experience.
    Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A reporter with a major magazine is looking to interview people who have recently considered buying a Chrysler, but ended up in a Toyota. If you fit the bill, please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com by Friday, September 12 with your daytime contact information and a few words about your experience.
    Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but these requests just get consistently more obscure (and funnier.)

Of course, if a major magazine wants to talk to someone who wants to buy a new European wagon but factors (a wife who doesn't want a car payment) keep him in his 14 year old Volvo, let me know. :-)
  • Options
    Don't make fun of the journalists! :)
    Actually, this next one may suit you...
  • Options
    A reporter with a major newspaper is looking for consumer input regarding the difficult decision: when do you stop fixing an older car and replace it with a newer one? Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com with your brief thoughts and daytime contact information by Wednesday, September 17. Thanks!
  • Options
    I'm in...I think you've got my e-mail.
  • Options
    silvrlvrsilvrlvr Member Posts: 3
    Thanks to everyone who responded to my request a few months back for your thoughts on the American car market. My book, The End of Detroit: How The Big Three Lost Their Grip on the American Car Market, will be published on Sept. 23. You can get a preview by visiting www.endofdetroit.com.
    Your input really helped tell the story, and I hope you enjoy the book!
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Sounds good Silvrlvr. So does your Sears Craftsman bungalow :-)

Steve, Host
  • Options
    swschradswschrad Member Posts: 2,171
    good luck with the book!
  • Options
    ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    Yeah, good luck with that book!

Do you have a list of Edmunds users you quoted? Or did you just gather basic info from them?

-juice
  • Options
    paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    I think I was quoted for the book, but I don't remember! A list of edmunds people would be cool, cause I don't remember if I was or not!

-mike
  • Options
    A Southern California reporter is looking to interview locals who bought new vehicles from Asian or European manufacturers in the last month. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com by Friday, September 12 with your daytime contact information and some basic details on the vehicle you purchased.
    Thanks for your consideration!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    silvrlvrsilvrlvr Member Posts: 3
    I'll be happy to come up with a list. I ended up using about a half-dozen people by name, and I also quoted from some of the emails that I received. It was tremendous help in rounding out the story.
  • Options
    You Town Hallites are attracting another author...this one is looking for stories about women and their cars. The good, the bad and the ugly. Relationship to cars. Experiences with
    cars. Experiences with things going wrong. Experiences at dealerships and with manufacturers. Names of cars. Care of cars. Etc. Please send your input and daytime contact information to mcleodgroup@aol.com by October 31, 2003. Women only, this time, please.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    Folks, I write for the nation media and would like to interview anyone who wants to buy a 2004 Prius. I'm most curious about why you are interested in a Prius, what you drove before and what you find appealing about the car. You must be willing to do a telephone interview and be quoted by name. Please send your contact information to carguy147@hotmail.com by Monday, September 29, 2003.
    Thanks,
    Car Guy
  • Options
    A newspaper reporter is looking to interview BMW and Lexus owners who previously owned or have considered owning a Mercedes-Benz.
    Please respond with your daytime contact info and your current vehicle model to jfallon@edmunds.com by Monday, September 29.
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A major California news outlet is hoping to interview people who registered vehicles in CA since July 2003. Please respond with your daytime contact info to jennifer.oldham@latimes.com or jfallon@edmunds.com by 6pm Pacific on Wednesday, September 24. Please identify whether you recently bought a vehicle or if you recently moved to the state.
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A reporter is looking to interview people who are mad about having to pay more in vehicle license fees starting Oct. 1. Please respond with your daytime contact info to jennifer.oldham@latimes.com or jfallon@edmunds.com by 6pm Pacific on Thursday, September 25.
  • Options
    I always assumed that California residents were by definition angry...<ducks>
  • Options
    For an auto insurance story, I'm seeking an individual to discuss inconveniences and expenses incurred after their car was damaged in a hit-and-run accident. Please respond by Saturday, September 27 to robynhfrankel@yahoo.com.
  • Options
    stubborn1stubborn1 Member Posts: 85
    I suppose you are only looking for stories on the "hit" person and not the "runner".

A while back, an inconsiderate driver friend hit a mailbox on his way home after an all nighter. The next morning, a state trooper was in his driveway. In one hand, he had the license plate which fell off his front bumper when he hit the mailbox. In the other had, he had the priest's broken mailbox.

I didn't cost the insurance company anything, but my friend learned how to install a mailbox quickly.
  • Options
    I'm glad it has a happy ending. That reminds me of my college roommate's long story about driving by a farm late at night and accidentally hitting a pig...the police allegedly showed up at her door the next day to enforce a fine...when she asked how they knew she did it, they told her the pig squealed. (Groan!)
    But let's not make this a forum for bad car jokes...we've got work to do here. (Feel free to start a new board with that goal, though!)
  • Options
    If you're shopping for a used vehicle, a reporter working on a front page story for a major midwestern newspaper is hoping to talk with you asap. Please respond by 5pm Eastern Tuesday, Septmeber 30 to jfallon@edmunds.com. Thanks!
  • Options
    I was interviewed for that NY Times story, and guess what? They are coming to my house to take photos of my family today!

Any how, this is a really cool way to get yourself in a major newspaper, thanks in no small part to Edmunds.com. :-)

-juice
  • Options
    paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Cool Juice!

-mike
  • Options
    Yep, they came by and shot 5 rolls of film. The reporter confirmed that we would be featured in the Cars section on 10/22. Exciting stuff!

So take care of prlady1 folks, she is for real! :o)

-juice
  • Options
    A guy cam by my house, too, for my photo shoot. Don't know when it'll be featured, though. prlady, do you have a point of contact from whom I could find out? I just need to know which Sunday I should trek down to Barnes and Noble.
  • Options
    Stay tuned...I'll see what I can find out.
    PS Did anyone ever doubt that I was for real?! :)
  • Options
    Doubt you? Nope. But I guess I had some doubts about whether what I had to say was interesting enough to print! LOL

-juice
  • Options
    A major magazine is looking to interview someone who recently bought a fun, weekend car, perhaps a roadster like the Nissan Z or the BMW Z4. This should bring your total number of family vehicles to three or more. He'd prefer if it is somebody who hasn't previously owned a fun "toy car" like this. Please respond by October 22 to jfallon@edmunds.com with the list of vehicles you currently own along with your daytime contact info.
    Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A major magazine is looking to interview parents who recently bought their teen a car, increasing the family fleet to three cars. Please respond by October 22 to jfallon@edmunds.com with the list of vehicles you currently own along with your daytime contact info.
    Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A major magazine is looking to interview someone who bought the previous generation Prius looking to save a few bucks at the pump. He'd prefer if this was not an environmental activist, but just a typical daily commuter. Please respond by October 22 to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime contact info.
    Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A major magazine is looking to interview someone who is planning to buy the new Prius, which is bigger and more powerful than the old model, but actually gets better mileage. (In fact, the new one is the size of a Camry). Ideally, this person has already put down a deposit or put their name on a waiting list at a Toyota dealership. Please respond by October 22 to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime contact info.
    Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    A major magazine is looking to interview someone who considered buying a Prius or a Honda Civic hybrid, but decided it wasn't worth the extra $3,000 to $4,000 price premium over the regular gasoline versions of the Corolla or Civic.
    Please respond by October 22 to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime contact info.
    Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    Jeannine: I bought a 3rd toy car used, but that was a couple of years ago. If they can't find someone suitable and they want to stretch the meaning of "recently" a bit, please let me know.

-juice
  • Options
    A newspaper reporter is hoping to interview consumers who have had their auto insurance cancelled because they had a claim or a ticket, or for seemingly no good reason at all. Please submit your daytime contact information and a few lines about your experience to jfallon@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, October 22, 2003.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • Options
    Thanks, but the key is that the purchase took place within the past six months or so. Next time?
  • Options
    Yep. Thanks.

-juice
  • Options
    Hi,
    If you've bought a certified used vehicle and would be willing to talk about your experience on camera for a tv audience, please contact Jackie Sobie at jackiesobie@aol.com asap no later than November 1, 2003. Be sure to include your daytime phone number and your city and state.
    Thanks!
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com