Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Santa Fe Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    tidalwavetidalwave Member Posts: 25
    Hi. I agreed to a deal on an SE late Saturday night and will go back in on Tuesday afternoon to sign the papers. It is a bright silver SE with no options. This trim level seems to be perfect for me. I did not care too much for the leather seats on the limited, am not much of a fan of sun roofs, and don't need a third seat.

My out the door price is a few dollars shy of $22,000. This is in Texas where the taxes and fees are pretty horrendous, so I am pretty happy with the price. Working backwards, I think this makes the price for the vehicle somewhere between $20100 and $20300. (I say "I think" because I don't know where I put my notes at the moment. Pitiful. I know.)

This will make the third Hyundai I have owned and the third I have purchased from the same dealership. (This is why I am comfortable with working out a deal and going back later to finalize it.) I currently have two Elantras, but am trading one in on the Santa Fe. Besides its great mpg, the only thing I will miss from my 04 Elantra GT is the driver's seat. That thing is awesome! It has great side bolstering and is very adjustable. I have not seen a Hyundai seat as nice since I bought that car. I think the salesman thought I was joking when I asked if they could put the Elantra seat in the Santa Fe. Well, I was partially kidding.

In any case, come Tuesday, I will be a happy member of the Santa Fe club. I am excited about the capabilities and apparent quality of the Santa Fe and even happier when I consider the low cost of buying it.
  • Options
    athiappanathiappan Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info mycgilligan. My decision is about 4-6 months away. Will keep your deal in mind as I embark on my search. Enjoy your car.
  • Options
    westvirginiawestvirginia Member Posts: 15
    Santa Fe AWD Limited w/XM, no packages, floor mats and cargo liner. Paid $27,000(slightly below invoice) before rebate, so $26,000 final price before taxes & title.

I did everything over the phone, just went in once for the test drive. I gave them a couple of color choices, but it had to be gray interior. They found one close by with no packages and I had it in one day. Best car buying experience I ever had.

First driving impressions: man is thing quiet. No engine noise except a very low growl under hard exceleration. Its slightly busy on the interstate. Today I'm going to check the air pressure in the tires to make sure they are not over inflated, that could be the cause. Lot's of bells and whistles to get used to.
  • Options
    tidalwavetidalwave Member Posts: 25
    Yes, check the air pressure. I picked up my Santa Fe SE Monday night and checked the air pressure Tuesday before I left for work. Each tire was inflated to 49psi!!!! I thought it handled a bit funny during the test drive, but it actually was not as bad as you would expect with that much over inflation.

Anyway, I got them down to 30psi and it does ride smoother now. I guess they over inflate the tires so they can better handle a train ride from Alabama to their destination. How hard can it be to check the things during the prep process, however? I haven't let the dealer know about this yet, but will call them today.

By the way, my recollection of what I paid was a bit off. I found my notes that matched what I ended up paying when I signed the papers Monday night. I paid $20604 for the vehicle and had Texas taxes and fees added on top of that. That is for an SE with floor mats and a rear cargo mat. It is a few hundred more than I originally thought, but I am still extremely happy with the price. Man, that vehicle is smooth! Like butter.
  • Options
    rick2456rick2456 Member Posts: 320
    I am to pick up my new 2007 White SF SE with the premium package. The deal I got is about 24,300 (includes rebate), plus tax. As the MSRP is ~28K, I think I got a good deal. I am taking a loss on my 2006 Sonata GLS, but I plan on keeping this SUV a long time. So I am hereby welcoming myself to the club. :-)
  • Options
    newbee44newbee44 Member Posts: 1
    First time Hyundai owner? I too may be picking up my SF SE (MSRP $25645) today not with the premium pkg but with the touring pkg. I'm in CA (10% T&L) and was wondering where you are located. I was quoted $25000 OTD but after reading the message boards I think I may reconsider and try for a better deal?
  • Options
    colonel717colonel717 Member Posts: 20
    I got a great price quote for AWD Limited and trying to decide between the Santa Fe and Mitsubishi Outlander XLS AWD. I like the acceleration on the Outlander better and the interior look of the Santa Fe, but Santa Fe price quote is 2k less, so I think I will go with Santa Fe. Has anyone else compared both these vehicles. The XLS with sound and sun and premium pkg gives just about the same options as the Santa Fe Limited base model, no additional options.
  • Options
    westvirginiawestvirginia Member Posts: 15
    I had between 48 and 49 psi in my tires and the placard on the door frame says 30 psi. Go figure! So much for that check list.
  • Options
    ppborcebppborceb Member Posts: 61
    Hey! What do you mean "even if I am a girl"?
    Boy or Girl, you got a great deal and I say congratulations on a great job!
    By the way, I just wanted to know if you got AWD or FWD for that price.
  • Options
    eadlertxeadlertx Member Posts: 20
    Which Texas dealer did you buy from? Thanx
  • Options
    mycgilliganmycgilligan Member Posts: 10
    Well, I overheard the salesman and finance man talking about how informed I was and that most women wouldn't have done as much research on a vehicle as I had done! Kinda ticked me off:) So, of course, I just dug my heels in even more--LOL I got FWD because I had read several posts here about people in snowier areas than mine (southern IN) that had no problems at all with FWD...so why pay more? By the way, I love my Santa Fe---first road trip coming up this weekend to a dog show, so we'll see how dog crates travel in it.
  • Options
    Actually this is my 4th Hyundai, but my first Hyundai SUV. I bought mine in Atlanta where there are at least a dozen or so dealers. Picked it up yesterday. The price I paid includes the rebate, so realistically, I got 2.7k off the MSRP and another 1k from the rebate. Buying the last day of the month made a big difference I think. Good luck.
  • Options
    I forgot to mention, my SF has the AWD option and XM is standard.
  • Options
    mocadmocad Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased my new SF on Tuesday.

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD w/ XM, floormats, no additional options and 370 miles on the odo (I think it was a dealer trade because the window sticker was from a different dealer in MN).

$25,047 from Rosedale Hyundai in the Twin Cities, MN.

I want to get winter mats for the front and cargo area. Has anyone picked up the weathertech mats for the '07 yet? How did they work out?
  • Options
    dealmaker22dealmaker22 Member Posts: 3
    First, thanks for all of the great info in these posts. I bought an SF LTD FWD with option 36 (Premium +Touring) yesterday. Here's what I did... After reading dozens of these posts I found that Fitzgerald (Fitzmall.com) in MD had the best (credible) advertised online prices. Decided on my model, printed the price details out and went to the newest local Hyundai dealer - they're popping up all over and anxious to meet quota. Fitzmall shows a no nensense out the door delivered price before TT&L so there's no way to slip in dealer add-ons like asteroid resistant finishes, VIN etching, save the children, etc. It would only cost me $200 to fly to MD and pick up the car. So, that's my limit. Salesman choked, gagged, and writhed on the floor in agony. After the usual manager games and my starting for the door once or twice, the owner stepped in and made the deal. $24,800 with rebates before TT&L with pkg 36, XM, mats, all-important full tank of gas, and a free keychain (wow!). Also picked up the $25 gift card for the test drive (see Hyundai website) - damn, I'm cheap. Great folks in the dealership but they'll have to make serious money on someone else. Last day of the shortest month didn't hurt. Know your walkaway price and be prepared to justify it. Do both and they'll never let you leave without a car. Email me if you want the dealer's name. I'm in Charlotte, NC. BTW, I have absolutely no idea why I wanted a third row seat.
  • Options
    fullyfiercefullyfierce Member Posts: 3
    Just got a SF LIMITED AWD, arctic white/tan, xm, sunroof, floor mats, cargo mat, for 24,384 in St. Louis Missouri at The Dean Team Automotive. Love it, and love the price!
  • Options
    How did you get such a low price? Is yours a DEMO? MSRP is around $29,800 for that vehicle. Plus the add ons for mats and cargo cover, you are over 30K. Rebates are $1500 if you get owner loyalty. How did you do this...

I am going tomorrow to purchase SF AWD LTD base model and was quoted $24,987. They said they would match any offer I got.
  • Options
    Im not sure if its because we are a returning customer(bought a vw golf a few years ago from them), or because we put $4500 down, or because we didnt originally want AWD or a sunroof but they had it on their lot and wanted to get sell it instead of finding the exact car we wanted. We are so glad we got the AWD! The price we agreed on was 25,884 minus 1500 in rebates making it 24,384. We did extend the bumper to bumper warranty to 70,000 miles for an additional 1293.00(not sure how great of a deal that was). But we agreed on the purchase price long before we talked about the extended warranty. $500 of that rebate was an auto show rebate, we were not eligible for the owner loyalty rebate.
    Hope this helps. Oh, and it was not a demo, it had 12 miles on it.
  • Options
    That is pretty good. That is about what I paid for my SE AWD, prem pkg, but I didn't want leather or the climate control (i just *(&^*()^*()^)*& hate the climate control). I much prefer the manual set whatever temp air to whereever I want. Good luck. Enjoy yours, I am mine.
  • Options
    I believe the resale value and quality rankings for mitsubishi is far worse than for hyundai. Other than that, fairly similar.
  • Options
    piastpiast Member Posts: 269
    "I believe the resale value and quality rankings for mitsubishi is far worse than for hyundai. Other than that, fairly similar."
    Do you have any proof to your claim? I tought so. With 1000 - 1500 rebates on new Santa Fe and none on Outlander I wouldn't be so sure. Time will tell. Reliability and quality has been always pretty good on Mitsubishi's made in Japan, not so on model made here with Chrysler in the 80',that's truth. On the other hand, Hyundai and reliability were never used in the same sentence not that far back. IMO both are good now and it is a matter of personal choice.
  • Options
    Thanks to you I was able to use that quote and get my dealer to match the price. Of course I had to contact Dean and get them to offer me that so I could present it to my dealer here in Pittsburgh.
  • Options
    kwunschelkwunschel Member Posts: 6
    Which dealer in Pittsburgh did you use? I'm close to Cochran and will be looking to purchase a Limited in a few months.
  • Options
    stelmoqnstelmoqn Member Posts: 34
    I just contacted Dean and they said your price was due to

<< Thank you so much for your email. I can match the price you emailed me about. But those people had a owner loyalty rebate of $500, active military rebate of $500, and a recent college grad rebate of $400. Do You qualify for all these. Let me know!!!>>

yet you say it was an auto show rebate, and you didn't previously own a Hyundai...

What's the story?

I'm looking for the same package, just a different color -- platinum sage/beige AWD Limited w/ XM, sunroof, mats, cargo tray.
  • Options
    mikes2mikes2 Member Posts: 43
    Can't provide a specific price for my GLS AWD 5 passenger (equivalent to the US Limited I believe), since they grossly inflated the price for my trade-in, and I simply negotiated the net price, but it was definitely below invoice. I suspect Hyundai has some sort of dealer rebate here in Canada (perhaps elsewhere too?).

PS - We love it!
  • Options
    duchess1duchess1 Member Posts: 1
    I was looking for Hyundai accessories and came across this forum hours after I bought my car. I did my homework, but did not have this forum until now. But to help future price seekers here is what I paid and it was a color combo that took me a month and many states to find Deepwater Blue beige leather interior . Car Price (26,900.00)complete with NY state tax (2,320.13)new plates(140.00) dealers fee(45.00) inspection(10.00)tire recycling(12.50)cash rebate (-1,000.00) GRAND TOTAL: 28,327.63 A dozen roses, first 6 month service free and 1 free car wash all from Huntington Hyundai Long Island NY. Now I need to buy some great accessories for my new car, anyone know any websites that have great items and prices?
  • Options
    gogregogogrego Member Posts: 15
    I have been waiting for the same color combo (deep blue/beige), limited AWD w/option 36 for 6 weeks now. It is rare indeed. The dealer says his computer shows "zero" transit time for arrival. It's been like that for a week now. Fortunately the rebate is intact thru March now so I can afford to wait.
  • Options
    stelmoqnstelmoqn Member Posts: 34
    I'm contemplating making my purchase and saw the comment that the rebate is "intact" through March. How did you find that out?

My husband is sitting on the fence about buying now or waiting, and we have been given an excellent quote for a
    Limited AWD w/ XM, sunroof, mats & cargo tray at a dealer here in Colorado ($24,134.00 plus dealer handling ($299.00) and your taxes, and financing thru Hyundai.)

Should we bite or wait??? I don't want to lose the rebate.
  • Options
    Looks like a great price. I paid about that for an SE AWD. Good luck. It is a great vehicle.
  • Options
    jimsistjimsist Member Posts: 62
    i,ve looked at the santa fe from the first time it was on paper. went to my dealer four times and the same answer come bank in 6mths.well its been 20 mmths sence i bought my 2005 santa fe from harrelson hyundai in charlotte. two weeks ago i went back to buy a new santa fe the salesa men said hay io remember you we still cant do anything your car is the reason. so i left .went to dick keffer hyundai that friday night .my wife had one color in mind with one color for the inside.they were the best dealer i,ve have ever dealt with sence my last ford product.the salemen was very personal.we drove at least 3 before my wife saw on the the ramp white with badge she fell in love .it has every thig the se has except the big engine and tires. gfood price 21000. :) jim
  • Options
    That is a great price. Lowest I have seen anywhere. I'd go for it. You most likely wont get much lower even end of year. That is around 6K off MSRP.
  • Options
    dealmaker22dealmaker22 Member Posts: 3
    Jim,

If you haven't aready purchase the SF, read my post #630, follow the process, and head down to Carolina Hyundai off Rt. 77 in Fort Mill - next to the Ford dealer. One exit south of Carowinds. Be tough and go in for the kill. They can beat Keffer anytime - I've purchased from both.
  • Options
    mrmister2000mrmister2000 Member Posts: 86
    That looks like an amazing price! If I had read your post correctly, this is for an AWD, right? If I were you and currently in the position to buy I'd jump right on it. :) Here in Jersey the dealerships that I've received quotes from for that configuration are asking between $25,300 to over $27,000 for it... and that's for one WITHOUT even mats,cargo tray, or XM.

I hope that I find a deal like that next month, which is when I should "finally" be in a position to lease one! Good luck!
  • Options
    Sorry to say they are lying. We just got a call from our salesman and he is pissed off that we posted this on here. The only rebates we received are the $1000 rebate and the $500 auto show rebate, NOT the rebates he listed to you. In his call to us, he made it clear that they lost money on our deal. (I find that hard to believe) Some people just should not be car salesman! Let me add that the owner of the dealer came over to us and made the final deal, so if our salesman didnt make any money, it sure isnt our fault. Mr. Dean surely didnt have to sell us this car. We were prepared to go elsewhere. And I especially dont feel like I owe our salesman anything for us getting a good price. Think of how many people they screw over every month. Needless to say, we wont be back to that dealer. Sorry for the confusion and good luck!
  • Options
    mrmister2000mrmister2000 Member Posts: 86
    I think you had said that you purchased your truck on the last day of the month, right?

So that means that the owner probably was willing to let it go at that price in order to meet the monthly quota and get a bonus for himself (so, if they really did sell that ONE vehicle at a loss, the loss was probably less than the owner stood to lose in bonuses if he did not meet his monthly quota).

The salesman would probably be pissed mainly because if the above was true then that would mean that the owner stood to get a good bonus placed in his pocket, while the salesperson himself got a poor commission from the sale? At least, that is my thinking, since I believe that's the way it works with car dealerships?
  • Options
    rangersrockrangersrock Member Posts: 21
    I am considering an offer for a FWD Limited with the touring package for $22,750 after rebates. Is this a good deal or should I shop around?
  • Options
    jimirljimirl Member Posts: 31
    I just came back from the Dealership. I live in North Jersey. My Father drives for a company that delivers cars to magazines for photo shoots and evaluations as well as tv commercials etc. His company deals with Jaguar, Mercedes, Lexus, BMW and Hyundai. He started talking to me about Hyundai last year and I guess it sunk in because I took him seriously and did my own research and found that so many people really love them. I really liked the Santa Fe so I checked them out.

He was told to try a dealer that is close to us in Hudson County ( about 5 miles away ) as his company deals a lot with the service and parts manager. That person who was very nice, introduced us to a salesman ( the original one he wanted us to meet was going to be too late for us to meet ). He was told, we are good friends and treat us like family. Well, we got the bums rush really and were being nickel and dimed. I did my research and had a clear picture of what I wanted Bright Silver SE with AWD. Seemed simple enough. They just kept trying to trick us into taking something else. After a lot of aggravation, I placed a small deposit on a Limited ( which I didn't really want, but I do love the spoiler ) with the sunroof option and 3rd row seating touring package. I really really didn't want the touring package ( 3rd row seating, read temp controls, tow package, which is really half a tow package ). But I figured I had no choice and I was probably getting a good deal since we had a great referral.

When I got home I looked over the paperwork and found out what those packages actually cost and the deal I was getting. Some Dealerships can be a nightmare and you hit with so many facts and numbers that you need to clear you head before you see what actually happened. Well, Hyundai has the $1000 rebate incentive going on now. My deal was actually about $700 below sticker even after the rebate before tax, title etc. Add that to the crummy treatment and today I went and cancelled the deal. My Father mentioned the day we had to the people at his job. I am not sure if someone there called ahead before we got there, but when I went to cancel the deal, the people formally involved would not even look us in the eye. They didn't apologize or ask anything. Just ok, see you later.

We drove up to Liberty Hyundai in Mahwah, which is a 50 min. ride with traffic. They are actually the only Hyundai dealership in North NJ that is listed in AAA as a friendly one with great service. We told them the story of what happened. They could not have been nicer to us. I called ahead to the sales manager so they expected us. We met a very friendly, helpful salesman who made the whole deal a pleasure. Although they didn't have the color I wanted ( bright silver ) with the options I was looking for, I did find the one I wanted in Platinum Sage. I have to say, that color is much better in person than on the website, at least on my browser and monitor. I really liked it in person. The best part is the radio comes with XM built in! I was stoked because it is really hit or miss with the Santa fe-s I have looked at. Some get it and some don't so that was a nice bonus.

All said and done.....07 Platinum Sage Santa Fe SE AWD with XM radio 25,544 including tax, title etc. I am pretty happy. It was worth the extra trouble and work just to be treated like a person, rather than a victim.
  • Options
    ccacpccacp Member Posts: 117
    I had a great experience at Brad Benson. Their price was great as above and on top of that their color selection is great !
  • Options
    oceang2oceang2 Member Posts: 40
    How did you get such a great deal 22,750. I'm looking at going to the dealer today. My salesperson just called me up and said they had a lousy week last week (typical) but has my color on the lot. FWD Limited with a sunroof. My figures show 23,870 base, 855 sunroof, 75 mats, 72 cargo tray, and 650 destination. rebates should be 1500 ( 1000 plus loyalty 500) = 24,014...... Does anyone know any other negotiating numbers to plug in to buy the car lower. Advertising, etc?
    please repond asap. thanks.
  • Options
    If you finance through Hyundai, you can get a rebate of $2260. I used the figures from several prior posts in this forum and compared that to MSRP for the vehicle they purchased. It seems that some people have gotten deals at about $5500 off of MSRP.
  • Options
    Where abouts do you live. I'm in south Florida. Is the 2260 posted in addition to the 1000 public rebate. How does the financing affect the rebate that they are offering. I saw that Hyundai is now offering 4.9+ but the dealer's local ad shows a 0% (I'm sure that has restrictions or poss. for 06's still on the lot).

Has anyone actually gotten $4-5,000 below invoice? Do you think its possible on the FWD Lmtd w/ sunroof and mats? I'm not getting the touring but these options almost equal out to the same.
  • Options
    I'm in north Texas. The financing rebate can't be combined with the other rebates. The interest rate is 4.35%.
  • Options
    bperotsbperots Member Posts: 8
    The incentives seem to vary based on region. In New York, I am currently being offered invoiice + $100 w/out any negotiations. Secondly there is a $1000 Manufacturer to customer cash that CAN be combined with special financing (3.9-5.95) plus another $750 off for Hyundai financing. Any suggestions to negotiate off the $100 invoice offer? I am looking to buy in two weeks.
  • Options
    The car show is coming to Ft lauderdale in 10 days. I'm going to hold off and attend the show. Maybe they'll be throwing in a show rebate as someone else had mentioned on this board earlier. I have an 03 Santa fe now and love it but its time to replace. Too many miles on this one.
  • Options
    We went ahead and bought a Santa Fe Ltd with touring package and mats. Ended up paying $22,800 for the color we wanted. MSRP was $28,130. The rebate of $2260 is for 30 months financing with a balloon payment at the end. Hyundai will permit you to pay it off early. I think many customers are going with the financing to get the rebate, then just paying it off in one month.
  • Options
    I was told in my dealership that you had to wait at least 3 months before paying off the loan. They told me I would get 750$ for signing up for financing. But I thought 3 months of interest would eat into that 750 and I didn't bother. It sounds like you got a really super deal on your Limited!
  • Options
    bperotsbperots Member Posts: 8
    Jimrl,did you have any upgrades with your SE (premium)? How much before rebates did you pay above the invoice?
  • Options
    I just got the SE with AWD. I got the $1000 rebate, but the salespeople mentioned that if I financed I could also get an additional $750. I decided not to finance because the said I would have to pay 3 months before I could pay off the loan.
  • Options
    If you read the loan documents, you will see that there are no restrictions on when you can pay off the loan. The dealer would like for you to wait to ensure they get the credit for the loan, but you don't owe them that and you can refinance or pay the loan off anytime. Good luck.
  • Options
    toyotafreektoyotafreek Member Posts: 16
    I decided on a Sante Fe. I wanted a reasonable price and stumbled on this forum. I found the Fitzgelad website from a perusal of this forum. I took the price to a local dealer and he laughed. I took it to Cochran and they took it. Thanks to the people on this forum I got the car with no hassle. The car is a real pleasure.