Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Santa Fe Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    srdriversrdriver Member Posts: 48
    December is a slow month for vehicle sales. Make what you consider a reasonable offer and check several dealers.

The following web site has some good info on vehicle buying and can save you a pile of cash!

Link To Web Site
  • Options
    srdriversrdriver Member Posts: 48
    It would be helpful if the dealers would have information on their web sites listing the color, options, etc., that the Santa Fe has that they have in their new car inventory.

The sales staff should also have a computer at their desk so they can keep informed on things like TSBs, Campaigns, etc.

It would also help if the sales staff would be much more familiar with the vehicles and the options available!!!

Hyundai should allow individuals to order a vehicle from the factory with the options they want rather than the sales staff trying to find one at another dealer or depend on an allocation.

The entire sales process needs revamping in many areas in my opinion!
  • Options
    mks12mks12 Member Posts: 3
    Given all of the useful info I have gotten out of this forum, I just wanted to post my recent purchase details.

Vehicle: 07 Santa Fe Limited, Bright Silver, with Touring Package

Deal Breakdown:
    Vehicle Price: $26,000 (including $500 manuf rebate)
    Doc/Processing/Title Fees: $299
    Finance Fee: $17
    Taxes: $1,907
    Pre-Trade Total: $28,223
    Trade-In: ($2,500)
    OTD (incl Trade-in): $25,733
  • Options
    blackexv6blackexv6 Member Posts: 503
    Is your Santa Fe Limted AWD or FWD? Seems like a good deal.

I am getting prices around $26,000 for an '07 SE AWD with Touring - suburban Philadelphia.
  • Options
    Does your Santa Fe Limited have the 3rd row Touring package?

Sounds like you got a good deal. Congrats.
  • Options
    AWD...we do not see many FWDs in Denver
  • Options
    Thanks. Yes, it has the 3rd row touring package...
  • Options
    dobber2dobber2 Member Posts: 2
    We recently purchased a 2007 Santa Fe AWD touring + premium cherry red from Napleton Hyundai near Chicago. We live in Michigan but got a very low quote from the dealership, so we decided to drive the 3 hrs to pick up the car. While we got a very competitive price, the service was (and still is) horrible. It took us more than 3 hrs in the dealership. We filled out the pre-approval finance data on the internet, as recommended by the internet sales rep I had spoken to on the phone. When we got there we find out that she is not qualified to sell cars, so we got handed off to someone else. We find out that they never took the finance data off the internet and it turns out they miscalculated our monthly income. They come back with 13.99% interest rate. Appalled, we laughed, at which point they came back with 10.99%, no, wait 9%....We decided to finance with our banker rather than go through them (one week later, talking to the manager, he says he could of gotten us 7%....odd how it takes a week for him to find that rate!). We left the lot that night with the car (and w/o putting a downpayment down!). They only had one set of keys and didn't have the owners manual, so they promised to overnight it to us. Two weeks later and a load of promises, excuses, and hand-offs, we still do not have an owners manual or a check sent to the local dealership to get another key made (and fob programmed). Also, two weeks later and we have no title-can't register the car, have an expired temporary tag, and the excuses continue. We spoke to the owner, Ed Napleton, who didn't care one bit about the negligent care we have received. After seeing other remarks about this group of dealerships, I would advise everyone to stay away! You may get a good quote, but it is not worth the hassle that you will most certainly endure.
  • Options
    hardlynothardlynot Member Posts: 8
    sorry to hear about your crappy service - that sucks. i just bought this past week from the internet dept of car city motor co in st. joeseph, mo. not only did they beat all the prices in kansas city (olatha mccarthy said they couldn't come close to matching) but i never had to step foot on the dealership lot. we handled everything over the phone and then we met in kansas city at a wendy's to sign the papers. it took about 15-20 minutes. i kept expecting something to go wrong or to hear some bs but i was pleasantly surprised.

i would go straight up the chain to hyundai corporate offices. usually you can get someone at that level to listen to you.
  • Options
    santafeownersantafeowner Member Posts: 15
    Sorry to hear about your experience, dobber2... definately NOT the way to inspire customer confidence. If you don't mind telling us, what did you end up paying for your Santa Fe ("out the door price")? Also, is it an SE or Limited AWD model?

- Frank.
  • Options
    rutan74rutan74 Member Posts: 20
    They come back with 13.99% interest rate. Appalled, we laughed, at which point they came back with 10.99%, no, wait 9%....We decided to finance with our banker rather than go through them (one week later, talking to the manager, he says he could of gotten us 7%....odd how it takes a week for him to find that rate!). We left the lot that night with the car (and w/o putting a downpayment down!).

Interestingly, we encounter a similar situation here in SC. Finance mgr came back initially with 7.4 percent. I said I will finance through my credit union at 6.2 percent. In less than 5 minutes, literally, after some number crunching with a 5.9 percent rate at 60 months. So, I think we got a pretty good rate, but they were set to make 1,200 on the difference in rates over the life of the loan! So I feel I saved another 1,200!

jg
  • Options
    jdwksujdwksu Member Posts: 27
    I had a similar situation a couple of years ago with a Kansas dealership, but I am not sure if the state laws are the same.

Anyway... (rounding the numbers) Purchased a truck from X dealership for $25,000, traded in a late model truck for 5,000. Financed through my bank for 20k. Everything so far is okay. I have the temp tags, says he will mail me the title, okay fine. I wait for the title, 2,3,4 weeks go by, temp tags are expired, and I can't register the vehicle. I make dozens of attempts to contact the dealer about this, he is just giving me the run around. The dealership is located about 2 hrs away, so just dropping by is not an option. Finally get GM on the phone, I explain the situation to him, he tells me I will get the title when I get it. Fine, then I explain that I just want my traded truck back and will return his new truck. he says not a chance.

What to do.

I contact the Attorney Generals office and explain the situation. Attorney general contacts the dealership. What I didn't know at the time is that if you don't receive the Title in 30 days then you have the option of simply returning the vehicle and the dealer must return you your money. I think he was just a shady dealer and never had possession of the title of the truck he sold me yet.

I also got a check for the price of my traded vehicle since he had already sold it.

I at least broke even on the deal. No dealership wants to battle the state's Attorney Generals Office.
  • Options
    r4m0nr4m0n Member Posts: 8
    2007 Santa Fe GLS AWD auto with Premium Package (Bright Silver):

$24,582 +
    tax (3.2%) +
    Title & tags +
    processing fee ($99.00)

Quoted price already includes the $500 rebate. Does that sound good? Edmunds.com and Cars.com list the invoice at $24,807 for this model/package. Should I be looking for invoice - rebate as a starting point or is that unreasonable? :confuse:

This will be my first ever new car... My current one was bought with 45K miles and just turned 12 years old with 192K miles recently. :shades:
  • Options
    I would try to get it for $24,000 +TTL
  • Options
    doublehdoubleh Member Posts: 21
    Hello,

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on Hyundai Future Value program. I am in Canada so I'm not sure if it is available to US residents. It's not listed on their website, but the dealers tell you about it. It's in between a lease and finance option. Basiclly amortize your 60mo agreement over 84mo so the car is in your name, you have smaller payments than a finance option, but at the end you have a lump sum payment to purchase the vehicle or trade it in with the equity you have built up.

Honda Canada has it listed on their website. Here is their explanation of the program...

Future Value Finance Program: The Future Value Finance Program is an alternative to our lease program. The payment schedule is structured using consecutive monthly payments for a set period of time ending with one payment that is larger than all the preceding payments. Once the final payment comes due you have the option of paying the contract obligation in full or re-financing the final payment at competitive rates with HCFI. Graduate applicants are not eligible for our Future Value Purchase Plan.
  • Options
    lorrainerlorrainer Member Posts: 3
    Santa Fe 3.3 FWD + Touring + Premium
    purchased in TN:
    Base 26,800
    Incentive - 500 = 26,300
    Customer Service Fee + 299.75 = 26,599.75
    Extended Service Contract + 1,118.00 = 27,717.75

How does that stack up???
  • Options
    Oh, I forgot to add that the carpeted floor mats were included .

FYI, the total Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price was $28,860.00

The sales person offered me $26,300. I had called/visited 4 other dealerships and this was the best price offered.

We are going to cancel our Extended Service Contract, since we can get it for $759 from another dealer.

I hope we did alright, but it's a done deal now. So, more importantly, I hope it helps someone make a better deal in the future...

Good luck with your new Hyundai! We love ours, but have had it for less than 24 hours... :)
  • Options
    patrician01patrician01 Member Posts: 16
    LORRAINER:

Sounds like a GREAT price imho......
    Was that an SE GLS or Limited you bought?
    In any event, congratulations!!!!!!
  • Options
    hivemanhiveman Member Posts: 10
    Doubleh-

I would be very dubious of the program as described. The payments are attractively low because of the long loan amortization; even at the end of the initial loan you may be tempted to refinance [ the never-ending loan ]. You will always be "upside down" in your payments so you can never trade-in the vehicle without kicking in a lot more cash to make up the difference on the first finance. You will pay a huge amount of interest with either arrangement. The finance company will love you though.
  • Options
    07xle07xle Member Posts: 177
    Not bad for the Ltd.

About $800 under dealer invoice until you got hit by the $300 customer service fee ripoff!!
  • Options
    we are in nashville.......thanks.......we want a Limited with Premium and Touring, but not Ultimate.......tx....
  • Options
    2007 Santa Fe GLS AWD auto (2.7l) with Premium Package (Bright Silver) w/ floor mats:

Invoice: 24,800
    Fitzmall: 24,582 + TTL
    Another Dealer: 24,200 + TTL

Will now try to get the local dealer to beat the 24,200 quote. I'm almost getting where I want to be (invoice - incentive - another $200 or so)... Let's see if I can lower it a bit more. :shades:
  • Options
    We got a Limited (I'm sorry I didn't include that information (DUH! ;)). Anyway, I pushed for the leather seats, because we have a new baby who will be throwing food in the near future and easy clean-up is a must. That said, I hope we can get some all weather mats for a decent price in the near future.

For the person in Nashville: We decided to drive the half hour to Lebanon where we bought from a gal named Rosie. She was willing to email the quote to us, so I knew the price before we made the trip. She claimed they are on salary, so there is no commission incentive and no high pressure sales. I did find out that the warranty was way overpriced and they weren't generous on the trade-in (I had been offered $2k at Honda, and a little over $1k at the Hyundai dealer in town). Anyway, they were great for the most part, although Stan the financing guy was a little cryptic at times. If you end up going, tell them Andrey (my husband) sent you their way.
  • Options
    msrjajmsrjaj Member Posts: 12
    Here's an offer I'm contemplating from a dealer here in RI:

2007 Santa Fe Ltd., Premium Package incl. floor mats, FWD, Steel Gray. MSRP 27,660.

Buy price: 23,125(after rebates)
    Offered $3500 for trade, which is a 2001 Santa Fe GL w/106,000 miles.

Any thoughts? Thanks.
  • Options
    SO the out the door price on 07 Limited with Premium and Touring including tax, title, license, tags was (excluding credit for your trade in)_______________ ??
    we usually do drive out of Nashville to buy because property rents paid by those dealers (Chattanooga, Murfreesboro, Clarksville, Madison) are much lower than a Broadway or Cool Springs location >> savings pass on to buyer....
    if Andrey has any interest in shooting me an email, it's jpagegarrett@yahoo.com. Tx.
  • Options
    pds2pds2 Member Posts: 7
    My price for Santa Fe AWD with Premium Package and Floormats

Cost - 26400 (includes 500 rebate
    Dest - 675

Taxes, Title and fees and out of door price - ??
  • Options
    Just bought Santa Fe LTD AWD with Premium Package and Floormats

Cost - 26900 MSRP - 29660 Invoice - 27310 (includes 675 Destination)
    Rebate (500)

Total Cost - 26400

Doc Fee - 45
    Title and Registeration - 242.75
    Taxes - 1953.51

Total Out of Door Price - 28641.26

Question - What is a good deal for extended warranty that covers almost about everything except for parts that can be worn out (brakes, wipers, etc). Any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    butzbutz Member Posts: 1
    This is my first message posted, but I have been an avid reader for several months. After considering the Santa Fe, Rav4, Outlander, CRV, I am excited that my wife and I signed the paperwork for a new 2007 Santa Fe SE FWD, Dark Cherry w/ beige interior, with only added option of carpeted floor mats. I dealt with Keffer Hyundai in Charlotte, NC over the internet and they were very good to work with.
    Vehicle Sales Price = $22215.00 (inc dest & $500 rebate).
    OTD Price = $23556.00 (inc tax, tags, doc fee)

I tried to negotiate a lower doc fee, had them throw in 4 free oil changes instead.

We take delivery on Dec 27th, can't wait to drive that baby home.
    Thanks for everyone's comments, advice, recommendations on this forum.
  • Options
    gwillygwilly Member Posts: 51
    Just like most of you, I have been trying to get a certain model. I tried Las Vegas this past weekend to no avail. However, in Victorville, Calif. I stopped in to a small dealership and they had the right color, transmission, and packages however not the Limited.

They said they would deal,(with stellar credit) so I got the price I was after:

2007 Pearl White Sante Fe SE, AWD,(mfg.date 10/04) Touring and Ultimate package,and floor mats with no bs window sticker add-ons

MSRP $31,665
    INVOICE $29,973
    SALES PRICE $29,700 includes $500 rebate
    Doc fee $ 45
    Sales tax $ 2,495
    TTL $ 266

OTD PRICE $33,006

The Santa Fe is sooo much better than the Suzuki XL-7 or Highlander that we test drove. My wife loves her new car.

This forum has been very helpful, thanks to all that have contributed. I would say the best suggestion is too ask for a price that seems way too low for your conscience. :)
  • Options
    rutan74rutan74 Member Posts: 20
    That's pretty good. I dealt with the dealership in Fort Mill SC just down the road a ways and they dropped the entire 590 doc fee, etching fee, pinstriping, mudguards, waxing extras and that is about what I paid. We bought an SE with no added options and they simply threw in the mats at no charge.

Of course, living in SC, the max sales tax I have to pay on any new car is capped at 350 so we make out a little better on that end of things.

jg
  • Options
    here's his latest quote:

2007 Santa Fe GLS AWD auto with premium package and floor mats.

Sale Price $24,451

Processing fee +$249.00
    Sales Tax +$741.00
    Dealer License Tax +$48.90
    DMV Filing Fee +$10.00
    Title and Tags +$39.50
    Total Price $24,539.40
    Rebate -$500.00
    Out The Door Price $25,039.40

I never heard of a dealer license tax, but all the other fees seem to be about right. He said he can't drop the processing fee.

Somehow I figure they can go lower. What do you guys think?

BTW. Is Hyundai offering any manufacturer to dealer incentives this month?
  • Options
    Did you add $500 rebate instead of subtracting to reach your "Out The Door Price $25,039.40?"
  • Options
    It looks like you are paying 200+ above invoice before rebate. I just bought LTD AWD with premium package for 400 below invoice before rebate. Check out my post 493
  • Options
    That's supposed to be 25,539 - 500 :P
  • Options
    i find the "Build Your Own" price quotes at the Hyundai website to be only MSRP prices, and the Edmunds' "Price with Options" function confuses me because it keeps citing both TMV and invoice prices thousands of dollars higher than actual prices customers are currently paying on a regular basis according to posts on this board.

Anybody know off top of his head what invoice would be for either one of these Santas:

2007 Santa Fe 3.3L AWD Limited Premium and Touring with XM
    or
    2007 Santa Limited 3.3L AWD Ultimate and Touring with XM.

THANKS!
  • Options
    Edmunds lists the invoice for the GLS auto with premium and mats for 24,882.

I figured 24,882 - 500 = 24,382 + the other fees and taxes comes up to $152.00 over invoice out the door.

Is my math wrong?
  • Options
    According to my simple math
    INVOICE $29,973
    SALES PRICE $29,700 includes $500 rebate
    SALES PRICE (without rebate) 30,200

That equates to 200+ above invoice, prior to rebate. I bought a Santa Fe in Roseville CA last night for 400 below invoice prior to rebate and hence 900 below invoice after rebate (too good to be true). I also found out, after reading the fine print, that I had an additional charge of 500. In effect that wiped out my rebate, hence the car is really 400 below invoice.

Got free oil change for life of vehicle, loaner car for every service maintainence and initial fill up of tires with Nitrogen. Guess that took care of my extra 500 dollars. Will find out tonight, the purpose of that fee.

Regards
  • Options
    My apologies... I thought you were originally replying to my post #497

I feel so stupid. LOL

Well, now that we are on the subject, what do you think of my quote? :-)
  • Options
    ppborcebppborceb Member Posts: 61
    davesuv:
    i am trying to locate an 07 santa fe red/beige, but only standard equipment... no options.
    would you mind telling us what you paid for the vehicle as this would be very helpful going into the dealer?
    price - rebates + tax + reg + fees = total out the door?
  • Options
    I use Fitzmall to get the "dealer invoice" rather than Edmunds "manufacturers invoice" (read the fine print).

2007 Santa Fe 3.3L AWD Limited Premium and Touring with XM -
    Dealer Invoice $29,125, pay no more than $28,325.

2007 Santa Limited 3.3L AWD Ultimate and Touring with XM - $31,373, pay no more than 30,573.

There are some discrepancies in MSRP/invoice prices. Probably due to price increases/older inventory?
  • Options
    guestguest Member Posts: 770
    Would I get a better deal buying the last few days of December or would I likely get just as good a deal in January? I'm looking at the '07 Santa Fe,SE,AWD. Andy advice appreciated!
  • Options
    davesuvdavesuv Member Posts: 149
    In reply to your question, for my Santa Fe Limited AWD with Premium and Touring packages plus floor mats. Dark Cherry Red with beige leather interior.

$28,704 - no rebates + $250 document fee + $1,968 sales tax (6.75% here) + $15 title + $10.50 (30 day tag) = $31,122 out the door

My dealership is not very large. I read here where others have sometimes gotten better discounts, but I am very happy with my purchase. I feel the dealer made a fair profit and they went to a lot of trouble finding me exactly the configuration / color I wanted.
  • Options
    nice price. 100/= more than what i paid but you have the touring option. great deal
  • Options
    You tend to get better prices primarily due to the fact that the dealers are tyring to meet their sales goals for the year.
    A friend got a deal (not Hyundai) for 1200/= below invoice. Later he found out from the General Manager, that the sale reached their goal and got the dealership a bonus of 20K. Right place, right time.

Dealerhips get additional money for meeting their goals, and it is my understanding that Hyundai is aggressive in their dealer rebates.
  • Options
    greentrees78greentrees78 Member Posts: 2
    2WD Limited with option group 36 - touring package and premium package (sunroof)
    MSRP 28,865 from a site, 28,960 from dealer
    invoice: 26,585 from site, 27,356 from dealer (includes destination, that's the difference?)
    Paid: 25,987 (including rebate)
    plus 6.25% sales tax plus approx $250 in fees/charges

Houston, Tx
    did better than I expected, just by calling around.
  • Options
    Ok it's me, Stupid, posting again.

How does one sort out differences among these 2007 Santa packages listed on Edmunds as they apply to a Limited AWD???? Am i the only person finds these descriptions confusing?

Option Code Option Name and Description
    37 Option Group 37

Includes vehicle with standard equipment, power tilt/slide glass sunroof with sliding sunshade, power front passenger seat, 115V power outlet, 7-passenger third row seating, 3rd row auxiliary climate control, Infinity AM/FM stereo, 6-disc CD changer, MP3 player, 10 Infinity speakers with subwoofer and external amplifier, 8-inch LCD screen, DVD player, wireless headsets, remote control, transmission cooler, trailer pre-wiring and upgraded radiator and fans.
    27 Option Group 27 Ultimate Package
    Includes vehicle with standard equipment, power tilt/slide glass sunroof with sliding sunshade, power front passenger seat, 115V power outlet, Infinity AM/FM stereo, 6-disc CD changer, MP3 playback, 10 Infinity speakers with subwoofer and external amplifier, 8-inch LCD screen, DVD player, wireless headsets and remote control.
    36 Option Group 36
    Includes vehicle with standard equipment, power tilt/slide glass sunroof with sliding sunshade, 7-passenger third row seating, 3rd row auxiliary climate control, transmission cooler, trailer pre-wiring and upgraded radiator and fans.
    31 Option Group 31 Touring Package
    Includes vehicle with standard equipment, 7-passenger third row seating, 3rd row auxiliary climate control, transmission cooler, trailer pre-wiring and upgraded radiator and fans.
    26 Option Group 26 Premium Package
    Includes vehicle with standard equipment and power tilt/slide glass sunroof with sliding sunshade.
  • Options
    :confuse: Confused again by Edmunds.........

Houston is kind enough to help other buyers out by noting just above,
    "2WD Limited with option group 36 - touring package and premium package (sunroof)
    invoice: 26,585 from siteb>, 27,356 from dealer,"

but when i enter what I believe are same options on Edmunds, the invoice is thousands more than $27,356 noted by Houston........??
    What am i missing?

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe
    Limited 4dr SUV (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Optional Equipment $7,100 $6,443 $6,905
    27 Option Group 27 Ultimate Package $3,550 $3,195 $3,445
    36 Option Group 36 $2,250 $2,045 $2,189
    31 Option Group 31 Touring Package $1,300 $1,203 $1,271
    Color Adjustment - - -$45
    Arctic White
    Destination Charge $670 $670 $670
    Total with Options
    MSRP $33,715
    INVOICE $30,983
    EDMUNDS TMV $32,862

:confuse: :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:
  • Options
    Good God!

How many times are you going to add the moonroof, 7 pass. seating, etc.?????????????????????

Read the Option Descriptions. Look at the increasing prices for the options.
  • Options
    eadlertxeadlertx Member Posts: 20
    Where did you purchase your 2WD Limited?