Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Santa Fe Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    lulu585lulu585 Member Posts: 23
    I finally did it! Tried to go in to the 2 dealerships in town but couldn't stand the haggling then last week I followed the advise on the boards-went through the internet only responded through emails--and one of the dealerships here had a really good internet sales dept. The sales guy emailed and called but I only responded through emails. I initially wanted a dark cherry red awd with limited and touring but he called when they got a black on black one with all options I wanted. Emailed him back that I did not want black. A few days later came back and said they had a Khaki Se FWD with 3nd row and emailed a pic. Drove by the dealership and saw the black one (he had already quoted a price in an email) emailed and set an appt. for yesterday. Tried to get the price down a bit more but he insisted he had given us the best price (internet price a lot better than walking into the dealership cold turkey). I've seen a few better prices on this board but I feel we got a good deal.
    Black on Black/AWD/Premium and Touring with the upgraded trailer prep pkg/ $28983.00 He included (had to order) the floor mats because he said it was ridicules that a $30,000 car does not come with them. If you have a Costco Membership and your going to finance the car go through there website and apply through Capital One. I got 5.9 % on a 60 mo. which is .30% cheaper than going straight through Capital One. We will pay off the car in 20 mos. but I like having a cushion.

Can I tell you how much I love this car!!! I call it my Lexus knockoff. Initially I was leary about Black because of the upkeep but it is gorgeous! We were going to wait and drive the Mitsubishi Outlander but the styling of the Santa Fe won us over. My husband went to the grocery store last night and someone said "Awesome Car!" And he said "Ya, not bad for a Hyundai!" And the guy was like "that's a Hyundai--I thought it was a Lexus."
  • Options
    lulu585lulu585 Member Posts: 23
    Forgot to add that it was a Limited!
  • Options
    jets88jets88 Member Posts: 3
    I am interested in a 2007 Santa Fe in NJ. Where did you get your SUV?
  • Options
    rgurnseyrgurnsey Member Posts: 1
    I am currently shopping for a 2007 Hyundai Sante Fe Limited, FWD, without the 3rd seat. Have been to several dealers who have the same basic prices:
    Msrp $25,945+mats $115+dest.fee $650= $26,710
    Inv $23,870+mats $ 91+dest.fee $650+adv.fee $600= $25,211

In following some of the postings in this forum, I find it hard to tell exactly what options/configurations people are including in their purchased vehicles(fwd vs awd; with 3rd row seat vs without; etc). It's also hard to tell what they are including in their otd price. After $500 rebate? $1000 rebate? Or before rebates. When a figure of $800 below invoice is brought up, what invoice $ amount is being referred to: Edmunds basic+options+destination? Or dealers basic+options+destination+advertising?

Thanks in advance for any input.
  • Options
    07xle07xle Member Posts: 177
    If Fitzmall had this exact vehicle on their website (they have 2 w/o the mats), the MSRP would be $26,730, dealer invoice $25,131, internet price $24,331.

Their advertising cost looks like only $500. I would go for $500 consumer cash savings less than that if I was buying.

If you look at the same vehicle that you are talking about with the Touring Pkg. on EBAY, they have a MSRP of $27,910 and a buy price of $24,891 which includes $500 consumer cash. ...but they charge a $275 doc fee.

Bottom line for your price range vehicle would be $2,400 minimum off MSRP + any consumer cash ($500, $1,000) that is available.
  • Options
    santafeownersantafeowner Member Posts: 15
    07xle, the MSRP and Invoice price on the mats you listed appear to be high (that's probably prices for the mats for the 7 passenger version w/ 3rd row seat... set of 6 mats). IIRC, MSRP on the 5 passenger mats (set of 4 mats) should be $95 MSRP, $75 Invoice.

My dealer never tried to add in any adv. fee. They did add in the $650 dest. fee, but as an existing 2001 Santa Fe owner, I qualified for the $500 loyalty rebate so that helped (that was the only rebate I received). The "OTD" price I listed in one of my previous posts here was the TOTAL price I paid to drive away with the vehicle, INCLUDING 7% NJ sales tax, registration & tags, etc. There was a fair amount of negotiating that went on to achieve my final price, but overall it was a fairly painless purchase experience.
  • Options
    jets88jets88 Member Posts: 3
    thank you for the info. Did you pay $27.7k for a limited with both the Touring & Premium pkgs? Was there advertising fee?
  • Options
    I looked up the details from my invoice. Here's the full breakdown (and yes, it is an AWD Limited with both the Premium and Touring Packages)...

Negotiated Price: $ 28,013.00
    7% NJ Sales Tax: + $ 1,960.91
    Motor Vehicle Tire Fee ($1.50/Tire): + $ 7.50
    Title & 4 Year Registration Fee: + $ 334.00
    Prep & Process MV & Sales Docs: + $ 259.00
    Hyundai Owner Loyalty Rebate: - $ 500.00
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total (Out the Door): $ 30,074.41

As you can see, there was no advertising fee.

P.S. Not sure how much of a difference it made, but I paid cash for the vehicle instead of financing it.
  • Options
    aschwindtaschwindt Member Posts: 10
    Bought a 2007 FWD Limited w/ Touring and Ultimate Packages and floor mats. Used the internet department at Car City Motors in St. Joseph Missouri. www.carcitymotors.com

MSRP: 31560
    Invoice: 28996(edmunds invoice. Dealer claimed $500 advertising fee on top of this number)

Offer: $29000 -$500 factory rebate -$400 graduate rebate and they put a pinstripe on it for me.

Out the door for $28100 NOT including ttl. No BS dealership fees. Very easy to deal with.

And by the way, they did not have exactly what we wanted so Bob found this one at the factory and had it shipped to him just for us. Exactly as requested down to every last option and the colors. Golden Beige w/ Beige int.
  • Options
    hoo2hoo2 Member Posts: 3
    My wife and I also just bought in northern NJ...Limited, AWD, touring,+ premium...black w/ beige interior- what gorgeous car-so many bells and whistles!
    Negotiated price was $28,065 (prior to rebate, fees, taxes) - no floor mats though :(
    The sales staff was nice and personable, though we spent like 5-6 hrs at the dealership despite having the internet quote in order to come to a final price and agreement on the trade-in...then alot of time for paperwork (plus we complicated things because we bought in NJ, but were from out of state).
    Also, they would not let us use the graduate rebate AND the $500, though??? They made us choose between them...we chose the $500 as the graduate rebate requires you to finance at least 10K w/ hyundia at a 7.5% rate (the bank beat this significantly).
    Fees included $259 processing fee, the MV/title fees and tax (from our home state-which was considerably less than the NJ 7% tax), NJ tire fee of $7.50...they also tried to throw in a $199 window etching, but we declined that...so total out the door (prior to trade in) was somewhere in the neighborhood of $29,000.
  • Options
    xhd2xhdxhd2xhd Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I got a question with the price for the Santa Fe SE 2WD.

I went to a dealership in chicago and for this model

Santa Fe SE 2WD $24,295 (window price) with floor mats only

they offered me $24,500 including tax and everything.
    (except for the license plate because I have to get it from Michigan)with 500 rebate.

Is that a good deal?

and another question.

is there going to be any other rebates soon?
  • Options
    Seems like a fair deal hoo2, but I'm curious, why did you choose to buy it at a dealership in NJ and not in your home state (wherever that is)?
  • Options
    sirvagabondsirvagabond Member Posts: 51
    that's a GREAT deal hoo2. your lucky. Seems that back east you guys have much better negotiating prices. I can't get a limted premium for anything under 30k out the door. Hi market in Southern Cal. :(
  • Options
    doublehdoubleh Member Posts: 21
    Howdy,

Just found this site and it has so much useful information my head is spinning! I am trying to see if anyone knows how to find dealer invoice pricing for Canadians. I have subscribed to carcostcanada.com and have generated a report for the vehicle I am looking for ('07 Santa Fe 3.3L AWD). The report shows the MRSP and Wholesale price. Unless I'm mistaken the dealer cost is not the actual dealer invoice...correct? If yes, I'm not sure how to calculate the invoice cost from the Wholesale price. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
  • Options
    hoo2hoo2 Member Posts: 3
    We live in VA; My wife's from NJ and we were visiting family... knowing that we were going up there, I sent a bunch of email quotes out and got back a bunch of results-all lower than the local dealer. We only have one dealer in town and they were quoting $300-400 more stating they could not match the price (even though they did have a pricematching policy) with the reasoning that they did not have the volume to match that far below invoice...plus they did not have the color/packages in the system and were unable to tell us when they would get it. Would have like to kept it local, but it was just too much of a spread and they had THE car that we wanted. I must say it had a smooth ride on the way home, though - what a great car for the money!
  • Options
    hardlynothardlynot Member Posts: 8
    - One month old
    - 1000 miles
    - 2007 Limited AWD with Premium package

23,500?

thanks!
  • Options
    arumagearumage Member Posts: 922
    It would be about 29,500 msrp including destination. So invoice would be around 27,500. So it basically depreciated $4k in one month and 1,000 miles. I don't really know if anyone else would consider that a good deal, but it doesn't seen too bad to me. You might want to make sure the warranty still stays though.
  • Options
    apollocreed21apollocreed21 Member Posts: 3
    I'm sure this may have been covered in another thread (and may be more appropriate for another thread), but I asked about transferring the warranty - if purchased new. If you purchase new, the 5 year bumper-to-bumper is transferable, however the 10 year powertrain warranty is NOT.

Perhaps they'd write it up as new though... Is it a dealer demo or anything like that.. ?
  • Options
    arumagearumage Member Posts: 922
    This is straight from Hyundai's website:

Second and/or subsequent owners have powertrain components coverage under the 5 year / 60,000 mile New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Excludes coverage for vehicles in commercial use (i.e. taxi, route delivery, delivery service, rental, etc.).
  • Options
    rutan74rutan74 Member Posts: 20
    Just purchased a 2007 SE and what a runaround, but I believe in the end it was worth it.

Sticker on the SE was like 25,4K. This was a base SE but dealer had added the usual B.S. in mudguards, pinstripes and of course the all important wax job for and extra 1000!!

I was trading a 2003 Accord and they of course tried to low ball me, but I finally got them up to wholesale on my car. Their initial quote was my car plus 15.5K! A joke and I was ready to walk.

Asked for an out the door price and this was not even out the door. Dealer had also padded final with doc fees of 600 and window etching for 395!

O.K. I tell them no way I am paying doc fees nor the window etching, nor the additional mark up. They whined and cried on my shoulder for a couple of hours and actually let us take the car out to have dinner and talk it over. The sales manager got into the act and dropped the doc fees, etching and the additional markup. We were now down to 13.5 with my car. My cars wholesale value was approx. 10.5K. Invoice on the SE was 23 and change. I ended up cutting the deal including taxes and title and basically everything. The out the door price was 13K, period. As I said, this included my sales tax and transfer of title, everything. So I think I got a decent deal. I got them to drop almost 3500 in added B.S.

We then move to finance. The finance manager then quotes me 7.4 percent for a loan. My credit is excellent BTW and I simply told him I would look elsewhere as that was to high. He said wait a minute and did some quick recalculations and came back with a loan of 5.9 percent for 60 months. This is better than E-Loan and better than my credit union. So I went with that. The difference between the two rates amounted to 20 dollars a month but over 60 months, that was 1200 more dollars going to them.

Anyway, I walked with a purchase price of 13K completely out the door and a 5.9 percent loan rate for 60 months. So on the way out in jest I asked the sales manager if he would throw in a set of floor mats. He said no problem. I dropped off the old title today and picked up the mats! Full tank of gas plus free oil change too. So far, we love the car.

All told, I think I ended up doing pretty well. The dealer still made some money but I ended up saving almost 5K in added fluff and paid invoice for the car. I'm sure some will do better, but I think I did pretty good considering all addons that were eliminated. It does pay to do your homework and ask what this fee or cost is etc. Initially I was told that none of this was negoiatiable, but in the end, they dropped everything. The sales manager while crying did show me his profit on the window etching. It was like 285 dollars! He also showed me his holdback from Hyundai on the car. Don't know if the numbers were really real, but it was like a 3 percent holdback and came out to 700 and something.

Ohh, I live in SC and that is where the car was purchased.

jg
  • Options
    jaychojaycho Member Posts: 3
    i'm going to buy a 2007 Santa fe Liminted
    with Premium package in Silver blue color

i got a quote from my local dealer the price w/o tax was
    29,500 and with rebate it's 29,000
    how is it? i think it's expensive
    is it possilbe to get price of what TMV says?
    or can i get lower than that

i live in Minneosta :mad:
  • Options
    You obviously haven't taken the time to review this forum...

It is worth your time.

Assuming that it is AWD, that it doesn't have XM radio, mats or any other options, the MSRP is $29,565, manufacturers invoice is $27,235 and dealer invoice is ~$27,740.

I wouldn't pay a penny over $27,000. You don't have to either if you know how to shop!!!

See link title

• Options
    cellolovercellolover Member Posts: 3
    I just testdrove a Sanat Fe Limited AWD and was pleasantly surprised. I also testdrove a CRV. The CRV's interior looked slightly better but it proved to be noisy so I will go for a Santa Fe. I am getting emails from dealers but I am not sure how far I should drive the deal. There seems to be a huge gap between TMVs and prices dealers are calling. I would like to get a Limited AWD without 3rd row seating. Additionally is there anything, such as unncessary options and other stuffs, that I should be aware of when dealing with dealers? Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    sampowerssampowers Member Posts: 30
    Another deal....

22,900.00 for a SE. 2WD 5 pass w/sunroof. Not including TT&L (@6.25 + 35.50 Title fee)

Is this good? Can I do better?

Any opinions?
  • Options
    Sunroof? Do you mean Premium Pkg???????????

If it's an '07 SE 2WD with Premium Pkg. that is an unbelievable deal - $1,900 under dealer invoice.
  • Options
    sampowerssampowers Member Posts: 30
    More details....

Option of the 30 mo Lease with 1400.00 in incentives. Only problem I see is the insurance premiums.

100/100/500...I think. Might exhaust any benefit of the lease?
  • Options
    aspesisteveaspesisteve Member Posts: 833
    since you will be registering your car in another state, I'm not sure your purchase will include "tax and everything".

Be careful, the dealer could be playing games with you.
    You WILL have to pay tax as required in Michigan when you register the car there.
  • Options
    wa0wawa0wa Member Posts: 6
    Sorry for the late reply as I was traveling. I talked to the person who was in charge and told them that I am really interested in purchasing the Santa Fe so she volunteer pull out the cash voucher without me asking and told me I can use it as cash. The person in charge was not part of Hyundai dealership. I believe the whole presentation/team was outside marketing company.

I purchase the SE with Premium today and the dealer helped me fill the info out but ask me to submit the rebate by myself to Hyundai HQ. So hopefully I can get additional money off.
  • Options
    daverph1stdaverph1st Member Posts: 11
    I've looked through and searched most of the messages here and have a question. When people are talking about getting a Santa Fe below invoice, are they including the $500 cash back in this? Seems to me that the rebate should come out of Hyundai's pocket, so if I find a deal for $300 under invoice including rebate, the dealer's net is $200 over invoice. Am I missing something here?

According to Edmunds pricing, a 2007 Santa Fe AWD with Premium & Touring packages plus floor mats should invoice at $28,516. The holdback amount should be about $570, based on 2% of invoice. How much "profit" is fair for the dealer to make? If I offer $27,716 would I be out of line? It seems that the people at Fitzmall are working about $800 to $1000 below invoice, after $500 rebate. And if I qualify for the loyalty rebate also, that $500 would come from Hyundai, not the dealer. Please correct me if I'm wrong...

Thanks for helping me clarify this.
  • Options
    You are absolutely right daverph1st, Technically any manufacturer to consumer rebates shouldn't be considered when negotiating with the dealer. Personally, when I purchased my Santa Fe (an AWD Limited with the exact packages you're looking into buying, BTW), I negotiated based on the complete "Out the Door" price, including rebates, sales tax, docs fee, tags & registration, etc. Of course, I already knew what the invoice price for the exact model I was purchasing. Even if they give you "x amount" under invoice price, they may try to make it up by "nickle & diming" you with other little things, or they may try to make it up in the financing area, so I used the "this is how much I'm willing to write a check for" approach when I negotiated the deal. As far as the $500 loyalty rebate, while it does come from Hyundai USA, we negotiated that as part of our OTD price and the dealer is getting the rebate check, not us.

P.S. For what it's worth, www.carbuyingtips.com suggests that 3% to 5% profit over invoice would be considered "fair".

- Frank.
  • Options
    I'll watch out for the nickel/dime routine. As far as the loyalty rebate, I wanted to keep that out of the initial price negotiations as I didn't want it to get too hard to compare one dealer with another.
    I'm kind of surprised at the lack of response from the 12 local dealers I sent requests for bids through Hyundai's site. The site says they'll get back in a day, but I only heard from 2, 1 of which is looking good, the other didn't have the car I'm looking for and didn't want to look for one. If the locals fail to come through, I'm only 3 hours away from Fitzmall.
    I've been asking about the XM radios supposedly coming out, both dealers said they asked their reps and no formal agreement has been reached with XM so nothing is coming my way soon. I'm hoping that I can get an adapter for the CD changer port to let me plug in an ipod or external XM as I was able to do with my Elantra. It would have been nice to have XM built in to keep the clutter down.
  • Options
    patrician01patrician01 Member Posts: 16
    Hello All.

May I present these questions: :confuse:

1. Any businesses in southeastern US like Fitzgerald's?

2. What if i drive the trade in up to Fitzgerald's in MD, and then get robbed on trade in because they know i've already driven so far?

3. Should i arrange a home equity loan to buy the car before I buy it, or just do it after?

4. Should I just email a dealer to ask for their price on a 2007 Santa?

5. Also, what happened to XM: i thought it was built into all of the Limiteds??

TX.
  • Options
    2. If it were me, I'd sell that car on my own, usually nets at least a couple thousand more than any dealer will offer.

4. I sent email to 12 dealers, heard back from 3. All are willing to work with below invoice pricing, within $100 of Fitzmall price. Don't know if your local dealers will look at Fitzmall as competition, but luckily mine do. Something I saw recently indicated Hyundai's sales were down 15% last month, so maybe dealers will be more willing to go low.

5. I've had 4 different answers from 4 different dealers on the XM. One tells me he had located one exactly like I'm looking for. Another tells me that they've been making them with XM since October, but are working out inventory without them first. Hyundai CSR didn't know what I was talking about. For me, I guess I'll find out soon but I'm not going to hold my breath on it.
  • Options
    patrician01patrician01 Member Posts: 16
    Re selling it myself,
    how do i know person test driving car will not
    a) crash it; or
    b) disappear with car while I am holding his fake ID?
    Should I go with him on test drive?

I have wondered for some years how one does sell one's own used car.....
  • Options
    srdriversrdriver Member Posts: 48
    I have been working with my local dealer here going on 3 weeks in an attempt to buy an Arctic White Limited 2007 Santa Fe with option group 26 (Premium Package) and option CF (Carpeted Floor Mats).

The dealer did not have one and the closest one he could find was around 300 + miles from us here.

What is so interesting about the situation is I live approximately 91 miles from the factory in Montgomery where the vehicles are made!

I have sent a couple of emails to customer service and called them. All that resulted from that is they contacted the dealer who had already did a search trying to find a vehicle.

I bundled up copies of the emails and sent them to the main office in California.

I am approaching age 65 and have purchased many vehicles over the years from various companies by ordering them from the factory and not depending on what was on the lot, hoping for an allocation, or them getting a vehicle from another dealership which I am not fond of.

You have no control on how the vehicle is driven from the other dealership + no chance to look it over!

I think that Hyundai should one to order a vehicle from the factory as other manufactures do!

Will post any developments.
  • Options
    Saw the same figures that Hyundai sales for November were off by approximately 15% plus we are looking at end of year sales this month!

Just checked the Hyundai web site and they have not updated incentives for December yet.

December is normally a slow month so I think we may see them increase the incentives?
  • Options
    davesuvdavesuv Member Posts: 149
    When I bought my Dark Cherry Red / beige leather 07 Santa Fe Limited with premium and touring packages, I ran into the same problem. My dealer tried to get a vehicle directly from the factory and was told it could not be done. Fortunately, an exact match to what I was looking for turned up at a dealer only 75 miles away and that dealer was willing to sell it to my local dealer (they don't have to and many dealers refuse to sell/trade). I waited a month for mine to show up.
  • Options
    tenpin288tenpin288 Member Posts: 804
    Saw the same figures that Hyundai sales for November were off by approximately 15% plus we are looking at end of year sales this month!

Before any of the Hyundai bashers jump all over this, below is a quote from Hyundai corporate about the drop. It seems that the Hyundai decided to pull back sharply from Sonata fleet sales in November so those that complained about Sonata fleet sales will need to find something else to gripe about. ;)

“Sales declined in November due to our strategy to reduce fleet sales in 2006 as well as the reduced availability of our new Elantra due to continued effects of the strike earlier this year. Improving availability of new models such as the Elantra and Santa Fe will help our year-end close on a very strong note. We are very encouraged by the sales of our new Santa Fe, which experienced a 52 percent increase in sales over last year,” said Mark Barnes, vice president, National Sales, Hyundai Motor America said.

Here's a link to the full press release.

Hyundai November Press Release
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,432
    Here is a pretty good primer on selling your used car...

10 Steps to Selling Your Car

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    joe97joe97 Member Posts: 2,248
    And December will be off too, likely, since last Dec. Hyundai moved 20K units in the Sonata alone but entire 2006 should result in a modest gain (not as high as Hyundai had wished for but a gain is a gain - keep in mind the strike and the scandal, both affected production).

Nice to see the Santa Fe is getting off to a good start.

Alrighty, back to your regular SF PP & BE programming :) .
  • Options
    Noticed yesterday that Hyundai had posted a $500.00 incentive + $500.00 customer loyalty for December on the 2007 Santa Fe.

December is normally a slow month for vehicle sales during the holiday season and I am sure that one can get an incentive from the dealer too!

I have been working with my dealer and have contacted customer service + written a letter to Hyundai American Headquarters in California as I am attempting purchase of an Arctic White Limited 2007 Santa Fe with option group 26 Premium Package) and option CF (Carpeted Floor Mats).

Seems that Hyundai does not allow the dealer to order a vehicle from the factory (located 91 miles from me)unlike other manufactures? Their distribution is based on allocations from what I have been told.

Over the years I have ordered several vehicles from the factory including the one from another manufacture than I am now driving!
  • Options
    I sent a couple of emails to Hyundai CSR and after not getting an acknowledgment of my emails, I called them and did not get much in the way of help either.

From what I have read, XM was added as standard equipment around the 4th of October.
  • Options
    Sales for December are always slow as folks are turning their attention more to the holidays + with November sales being off, as the month of December progresses, one may end up getting a good deal?
  • Options
    Still no word from the dealer about finding an Arctic White 2007 Santa Fe Limited with Option Group 26: (Premium Package) and Option Group CF: (Carpeted Floor Mats)! The dealer now is trying to get one from his Allocation.

What is so interesting is that I live only 91 miles from the Factory in Montgomery Alabama!

He tried finding one from another dealer but none were in this area. I am not wild about getting a vehicle from another dealer anyway as you don't know the condition of the vehicle and how the person drove it back to the dealership?

My 2nd choice is the new 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander. Larger than the 2006 and big improvement with a 6 speed auto transmission.

I can't understand why one can not order a Santa Fe from the factory and dealers must depend on a allocation only?

The vehicle (Chevy) that I am now driving was ordered from the factory and was no big deal.

Looks like I may end up with the Outlander?
  • Options
    after months and months of searching i finally found the perfect car for me - 2007 santa fe limited! initially, i had my heart set on the escape . . . that is until i test drove it. the interior was very disappointing. that and i knew more about the car than the salesperson did. i can't justify spending $26,000 on a car that i am not super excited about.

then it was the saturn vue - again, the interior component looked and felt cheap to me.

then the rav4. i test drove this right after the santa fe and although it was nice, it was nothing compared to the santa fe. the exterior looked okay - hate the tire on the outside. i didnt like the way the interior consoles were set up. it did drive awesome, but that wasnt enough for me given i didnt really like anything else.

i bought from bob at car city motor company in st. joeseph, mo (about 60 miles outside kansas city). i have dealt with him completely over the phone. he has been great. he hasn't pressured me and has called me a million times just answering questions and following up on things for me. i would advise anyone in the area to do business with him.

i asked bob if he could match the fitz mall price and he did. he actually beat it by a little. he also said if i ever need to take the car in for service he will give me a loaner car and meet me in kansas city with it. finally, he is delivering the car to me in kansas city - so i didn't even have to go to his dealership.

yesterday i went to shawnee mission hyundai just to look at the natural khaki to make sure i liked it. i told the salesman he was welcome to give me a price, which of course he did. he said they would match the price i'm getting and do tires for the life of the car (original owner). SM hyundai is just starting the program and is modeling it after a toyota dealership in town.

i was torn. i really wanted to go with bob because i liked him, but the free tires seemed good - until i read the fine print. you have to do all your service at the dealership to recieve them - i would never do this as it is too freaking expensive. also, SM hyundai charges a $349 doc fee which is non negotiable. car city does not.

so my decision was easy and i am very happy.

2007 santa fe limited AWD - natural khaki
    floor mats and cargo
    fitzmall price: 26,135
    car city price: 26,000

i pick it up tomorrow - i can't wait!!

woot!
  • Options
    I also had a great experience w/ car city motor co and Bob. See post #424.
  • Options
    If you don't mind me asking, is the 26,000 before or after the $500 incentive?

Thanks
    -aaron
  • Options
    26,000 AFTER the 500 incentive. i didn't qualify for any of the other incentives.
  • Options
    i know. you're the reason i contacted them in the first place - so thank you. i really like bob and felt good about doing business with him.
  • Options
    Edmunds pricing now has prices on SF w/XM. MSRP up by $100, invoice up by $92.
    Big change on Fitzmall since Tuesday though. MSRP hasn't changed, but their invoice price on in-stock models w/o XM has increased by $500. What's up with that?