Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Santa Fe Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    bperotsbperots Member Posts: 8
    What is the Fitzgelad website? How did it differ from the TVM/invoice on Edmunds.com?
  • Options
    tenpin288tenpin288 Member Posts: 804
    FitzMall ;)

Even if you aren't near them, they can be used as a good bargaining tool with other dealers you might work with.
  • Options
    toyotafreektoyotafreek Member Posts: 16
    Fitzgerald is a dealer in Maryland. You can find them by "Googling" them. They have a large number of dealers including Toyota, Nissan and Mazda. Prices on most models are below invoice. On my Limited the MSRP was $29,860, the invoice was $28,540 and their selling price was $25,836. I took a copy of the internet ad to Cochran a mega dealer in Pittsburgh and they meet the price.

I need another car for my daughter who is starting medical school at Duke. She wants the 2008 Honda Accord coupe but Fitzgerald doesn't sell Hondas.
  • Options
    rykymarykyma Member Posts: 4
    i thought if you financed through Hyundai the rebate was 1750 where is the additional money. let me know thanks
  • Options
    I am looking to buy within the next week or so. I have had a few internet offers and have went into dealers. the best offer so far for a Santa Fe AWD with ultimate package is 28500 before taxes and title. I think I get get it for at least 1000 less what do you think. in south jersey here. I may even have to go to Fitzgerald's in Maryland if i cant get a better deal.
    MSRP is 32665
  • Options
    mrmister2000mrmister2000 Member Posts: 86
    I believe someone else here in Jersey recently picked up an AWD Limited with the Ultimate Package for $26,000 even. The dealer was Brad Benson, if I recall. He had been a previous Hyundai owner, so taking that into account and if you are not a previous owner you could probably get one for somewhere around $26,500 to $27,000, or somewhere around there. I've received a few quotes from a local dealership over in Turnersville, from another one that's on Route 70 (can't remember the dealership name at the moment, but I think it was in Cherry Hill), as well as a from a few dealers across the bridge in Philly. The majority of them are asking somewhere between $27,500 to $28,200 for this config... and, unfortunately, thus far none of them have been willing to match a price of $26K or $26.5K. Regardless, I refuse to pay upwards of $28K when others have gotten theirs for thousands less. If you could, please keep me posted on any new findings that you come across, as I live in South Jersey as well and plan on starting a lease on one either the middle, or end of next month. :)
  • Options
    bperotsbperots Member Posts: 8
    $1000 Customer Cash plus a bonus of $750 when financing through Hyundai. They are two seperate offers that appear to have the ability to be combined. Please let me know if I am wrong as I am planning to use these offers this weekend. FYI, I am in NY and my vary by region of the country.
  • Options
    rangersrockrangersrock Member Posts: 21
    The Hyundai website never displayed the $2260 rebate that my dealer gave me, but I saw it referenced in several adds from various dealers in north Texas. Not sure why it wasn't published on the website. In fact, this past weekend, I saw reference in ads to a rebate of $2450, or something in that range, for the Santa Fe.
  • Options
    hgluckmanhgluckman Member Posts: 3
    I'm getting close to buying a Limited (minimum options). The $1750 (1000 + 750 if financed thru HMA) rebate certainly makes it attractive, but I'm curious to get the forum's thoughts on whether the rebate is likely to be extended next month or not.

My situation is that I have a likely buyer for my current car (1999 Camry), but they won't be ready to buy until next month at the earliest. The difference between the Kelley Blue Book Trade-in value and the private sale value is about $1700 (go figure). The private sale makes it a much cleaner deal at the dealer, and if I can do that and get the rebates my total cost would be that much less.

Also, living in the Denver area, there will be an auto show here at the end of next week. I've seen references to auto show discounts being offered. Is this normal? Are they real discounts (like rebates), or is it just another advertising pitch? Do you have to go to the auto show (for a coupon or something) to take advantage of the deal?

Thanks for any advice. I'm looking forward to being a Santa Fe owner soon, and appreciate the information I've already gleaned from this forum.

Howard Gluckman
  • Options
    minnbillminnbill Member Posts: 28
    No, you do not have to attend the auto show to take advantage of the deal. I think manufacturers just offer special discounts when the auto show comes to a city to drive business into their dealerships. I just attended the auto show here in Minneapolis last weekend, and Hyundai as well as other companies are offering 'auto show' discounts. For the Santa Fe, it is $1000 plus additional $750 if you finance the purchase thru Hyundai Finance, plus additional $500 if you are a current Hyundai owner or trading one in.
  • Options
    Those 'discounts' just sound like the existing rebates. They're not in addition are they?
  • Options
    trisprintertrisprinter Member Posts: 3
    List price 29860 Paid 25,100 + TTL plus 4.9%
    no Previous owner rebate. Also Had a quote on LTD FWD XM 7Pass SR Mats List Price 29,180 Quoted 24,500. Anyone with a good price on an Extended Hyundai Warranty 10Yr,100K no deductible. Thanks
  • Options
    stelmoqnstelmoqn Member Posts: 34
    What dealer gave you that deal? Best I've seen...
  • Options
    Agreed... $25,100 seems like a heck of a price. Congrats!
  • Options
    I am in the Chicago Suburbs. I had a few dealers offering. One was Patrick Hyundai. Final Price 25,165 + TTL.
  • Options
    lv2drvlv2drv Member Posts: 132
    Has anyone out there done business with Lujack's in Davenport. I spoke with a salesman yesterday who was nice; but I'm always hesitant. BTW, my brother-in-law is a new car sales manager in Texas and while he is nice and wonderful and I love him, when he goes to work he is a salesman! Anyway, what was your experience with this dealership. I haven't been there yet because it's two hours from here and I won't go unless they have the exact SF I want. And I won't budge!
  • Options
    AS it turns out, the salesman called us a short time ago. He spoke with my husband. I do the research and he negotiates. My husband has to be in Davenport, IA on Tuesday anyway, so I may be able to drive up after work. I hope we can get this done. My husband didn't seem to have an issue with the salesman; I'm just suspicious by nature.
  • Options
    g8trgrlg8trgrl Member Posts: 9
    Trisprinter - I'm in Chicago and am looking - where did you go to get these quotes (other than Patrick?). Looks like they have a lot of inventory.

Impressive....very impressive..I test drove today at O'Hare and the list for the GLS with FWD with the premium package was $24,500...
  • Options
    Rosen, Napleton,Pugi,Gartner go to the large dealers - You can easily get 1750 under dealer invoice or 2700 under MSRP Give them a call ask them if they have the color and options you want. Tell them you talking to other dealers then ask for a good price. Then give them your price if it fair and see if they will do it. Then ask Ohare if they will match. I had a limited FWD SR 7 passenger for 24600 but opted for AWD Ltd SR 5 Psgr.
  • Options
    janbradyjanbrady Member Posts: 1
    CHICAGO

After 2 weeks of reading...writing...getting quotes...and visiting a few dealers...I finally bought my Santa Fe TODAY...

The biggest problem I was having was that nobody around here had the color/combo I was looking for...I had dealers promising to find it or order it but...the whole deposit thing freaked me out!...

Soooo...I finally found a dealer that had as close to what I wanted...Gartner in Aurora...the Santa Fe was so new...it only had 3 miles on it...they had a lot to choose from!!!...

I purchased my Silver (black interior)...Limited...FWD with the premium package (sunroof...XM) and mats...for $23190.00 (plus tax..title...etc)...

I went in with my folder (filled with quotes)...told them how much I wanted to pay (I tried for $22,000.00) and we settled on the price above...the MSRP was $27,860.00 so I really do feel that I got a fair price!...

Other dealers I visited or worked with online...Napleton-Northwest, O'Hare, Howard, McGrath and Loren (they were the dealer recommended by Costco)!!!

I hate car shopping...haggling...whatever...overall it was a great experience...BUT...my only advice...do your HW before you go in!...

Good LUCK with your purchase... :D
  • Options
    neilp1neilp1 Member Posts: 1
    Just got the same car yesterday: Limited AWD XM with Premium Package and mats. $25,200 + TTL, including the $1000 rebate and $750 for Hyundai finance @ 4.9% with no early payoff penalty. The dealer was Arapahoe Hyundai in Denver. All arrangements were made by email with their internet salesperson. She quoted the price in her first reply to my email($24800 + $400 dealer prep.) They have a huge inventory, and when I got there I had several cars to choose from. They gave me the full Kelly wholesale price for my Subaru trade and I was on my way home.
  • Options
    shc1shc1 Member Posts: 10
    MSRP was $28,080 plus appearance package (which I didn't want)for a total of $29,775. Included touring package, premium package, carpeted floor mats, and mud flaps, plus full tank of gas. After rebates and trade-in I paid a total of $21,693. I did the finance thing but will pay that off without penalty ASAP. The vehicle was hard to come by, as I wanted all of the above bells and whistles, but I did not want leather seats, and I had a specific color I wanted as well. The dealer searched the entire country, as most with all of the options I wanted automatically have the leather seats. My trade in was a '99 Quest, 120,000 miles, not in the best of shape. Kent Dobbs Hyundai in NW Arkansas worked very hard for me...good people. They are located in Springdale, AR, and soon will be opening another lot in Bentonville, AR. Their service department is top rated, as is their customer service.
  • Options
    You must have been in just before or just after me. I got my Limited AWD w/XM with mats and cargo tray for $23,650 TTL, including the $1,750 in rebates. Even though my trade-in was less than I hoped for, I feel that I got a very good deal. Based on their price before rebates, the Santa Fe was well below (nearly $1,000) Consumer Reports bottom-line price. That, combined with my trade came in below (by $16)what CR and Kelley Blue Book said should be my price.

Dealing with Arapahoe Hyundai was a joy. Other than waiting a little too long for the finance guy - he was very busy, the deal from showing up, taking a test drive and signing the offer took less than an hour. I also dealt with their internet sales person.

Before going to Arapahoe, I went to the GO dealer in Westminster, which is much closer to home/work. They were $1,500 higher, and it took some hard negotiation to get to that point. They said, they'd buy me dinner if Arapahoe really came through with their promised price. I'm going back there today to see if I can collect! :)
  • Options
    raymac44raymac44 Member Posts: 3
    If your willing to travel a little in South Jersey, try the Hyundai dealership in Egg Harbor Township, NJ, on the
    Black Horse Pike (route 322/40) heading toward Atlantic City. It's about 30 miles east of Williamstown and is called Sport Hyundai/Dodge. They were dealing last week. They are giving $1,000 mfg. off, $750 additional off if you finance through Hyunda and another $500 off if you own a Hyundai. I did a deal but now I am waiting for them to find me the color that I want. They had 40 to 50 2007 Santa Fe's on their lot. I was going to buy a new Toyota crossover but not after seeing, test driving and reading what Consumer Reports has written about the new Santa Fe.
  • Options
    What did you pay? What package if any? What was MRSP?
  • Options
    raymac44raymac44 Member Posts: 3
    Ordered the 2007 Santa Fe SE 2WD w/o any package and was given an offer sheet for $20,722 excluding destination charge, sales tax, license and documentation fees. Not at all interested in AWD, especially in our climate in South Jersey. My last car was a Toyota Avalon XLS with leather so I'm going to take a chance on what appears to be very high quality fabric seats. MRSP was close to $24,000 for the SE. I test drove(a dark red one) with the 242 HP V-6 engine and loved the responsiveness. This new crossover SUV really is a winner in 2007!
  • Options
    davesuvdavesuv Member Posts: 149
    My last car was also an Avalon XLS with leather. Still a great car when I sold it, but no side curtain airbags or electronic stability control so it had to go.

My 2007 Santa Fe AWD Limited with Touring and Premium packages is such an improvement. It's just as quiet, has a great ride, and is much more fun to drive. I have the Dark Cherry Red with beige leather interior. I absolutely love it! It sounds like you're getting a good deal too. I paid about 29K for mine. My Santa Fe Pictures

P.S. I find the AWD to be very reassuring. It works great even on wet roads with no snow. I've never had any wheel slippage since getting this car. Can't say the same for my Avalon.
  • Options
    gkmanngkmann Member Posts: 1
    Just got quoted for a limited AWD with premium and touring XM and mats....$25,150 incl.($1750 rebate) plus TTL. It will cost me total with CT sales tax T&L $27,100 out the door. Sounds like a great deal from what I have seen. This is about $1,800 better than a previous offer from another dealership. Just looking for verification before I close.
  • Options
    We bought our Golden Beige SF Limited FWD w/XM & Premium package last night. Price before TTL was 22,210 (including $1750. rebate and $3500. trade) :) . We got 6.9% for six years. It came with floor mats and the cargo tray. We are buying the cargo cover and I think I should have pushed for them to throw it in, but it was already about 7:30 p.m. and I was too tired to care. We were at the dealership looking, test driving, talking, etc for about four hours. That's too long for me, but my husband said it's about right. After we ate supper, we had about a two hour trip home and arrived about 11:30 p.m. The ride is very comfortable and quiet. We traveled different surfaces and there was never a problem. The headlights are really bright. Average mpg was 22.9 for 118 miles city/highway driving. I didn't lose much driving in town today. I love the sunroof and new car smell. The cargo area is bigger than I thought it would be. Believe it or not, I decided on the SF after much research and reading these forums. I only test drove one to be sure, and by golly, I was sure!

We didn't have any problems at the dealership, Lujack's in Davenport, IA and would recommend you stop in. There is no haggling, they have one price and that's it. I thought they were more than fair with the trade. Now....I still have to make that first payment. No matter how low, it still hurts :cry: !!!
  • Options
    Hi,
    The dealer invoice on that vehicle is 22334-1750 in rebates is 20084 you paid with freight 21372, their profit 1288 plus 0ver 400 in holdback they get for selling that car. May have not been that bad if you didn't pay frieght. Seems in nj they really try screwing us.
  • Options
    jt57jt57 Member Posts: 4
    Hi all,
    trying to sort through the prices BEFORE trade-ins, etc....i have a quoted internet price of 23,270 for a LTD FWD (before options)...this includes the 1,000 rebate but not the $750 additional for Hyundai financing (i think...) Any ideas on how good/bad/indiferent this is? Thanks!
  • Options
    I think that is a pretty good deal if you obtain the additional $750 rebate. However, I think the dealer would be willing to reduce the price another $500.
  • Options
    oceang2oceang2 Member Posts: 40
    I'm down in South Florida. I have a quote for the Ltd at 23,870- 500.(internet dept.) -1,000. = 22,370 before add'l options, financing disc., or loyalty disc. They may be including their holdback or advertising to make that add'l 500. deduction. Shoot for those numbers and let us know. good luck. My only hold back is I have to sell my car and they don't want to give me much formy 03 santa fe (130k mi).
    Wish me luck. I love the 07 though.
  • Options
    gogregogogrego Member Posts: 15
    Finally got my Ltd w/XM AWD with Premium & Touring pkg & floor mats. Deepwater blue color and beige interior. It took over a month to get this combo. Dealer in San Jose, CA. matched carsdirect.com price. I searched all over Calif and this was the best deal I could find for a vehicle I had to order. Pricing as follows:

Price: 29020 (sticker = 31080)
    Doc Prep Fee 55
    Sales Tax 2107.94 (calif)
    Addl warranty bumpertobumper 100k/10years = 995
    License 252
    Cali tire fee 8.75
    Total 32438.69
    Total rebates 1750 (1000 plus 750 finance rebate)
    Out the door = 30688.69

Overall we're very happy with this car. The color combo looks great, is very rare and was worth waiting for.
  • Options
    davelncadavelnca Member Posts: 10
    jt57, that looks like a great quote. From where did you get it?

It looks as if with $1,750 combined rebate, the best deals on Ltd models are about $4,500 off MSRP. Does that sound about right?
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestion, raymac44!

I used to go to college near Egg Harbor Township, so I'm a little familiar with the area. I see that they have a website so I'll have to check them out. :)
  • Options
    jt57jt57 Member Posts: 4
    My quote came from Turnersville Hyundai in South Jersey. I haven't firmed up anything with a visit, though.
  • Options
    That is pretty good with those rebates. I purchased mine three weeks ago for about $5300 off MSRP, but that included rebates of $2260.
  • Options
    neeedvanneeedvan Member Posts: 17
    I think this is the best deal I saw in this forum. Can you tell where/what dealership?
  • Options
    All...
    Okay, after pricing from about 10 dealers, I've settled on the SE. I really would have liked the GLS with the premium, (I love the sunroof), but the SE just seems like the smarter buy.

So...I've got a quote for 20,165, after the 750 and 1000 back. Includes destination fee. Only additional fees are tax, title, and doc, which are standard in Illinois. Total out the door should be around $21,750, of which dealer gets only the $20,165.

By my calculations, invoice on the SE FWD is 22,476+670 destination. That puts invoice at $23,146, less the $1750, which gets to $21,396. There's about $400 in holdbacks right now (based on what I found in consumer reports), which gets down to 20,999. So I still think the $20,165 is pretty darn good.

I'm headed to Carmax tomorrow to sell my car early, then take the check to the dealer. I know the dealers around here will not take to my avalon XLS (like many on this forum)...

Wish me luck...and please, tell me if I'm losing it...part of me thinks I'm better off taking the GLS with the sunroof, but I just don't think it's worth it...

• Options
    rfp1ncrfp1nc Member Posts: 10
    Always compare to Fitzmall.com. Price looks good. SE premium pkg will add about $1000. Consider having a savvy male friend (not sexist, just too dangerous for a single female) sell your Avalon in the newspaper or autotrader and pick up the extra $1,000 for the sunroof. You'll hate yourself on every warm summer night if you don't get the sunroof (or is it moonroof at night?). Carmax will underpay you by thousands for the convenience of taking it off your hands. They offered me $9,000 for my Pathfinder that I sold in a few days with a newspaper ad for $11,300.

Best of luck and let us know how it worked out.
  • Options
    mpalacolmpalacol Member Posts: 14
    I paid $22,400 (including destination and $1000 rebate but before tax and license) for a 2007 SE with Premium, Powder Pearl color, and car mats. If you deduct the Premium dealer invoice of $1440, Powder Pearl $180, and car mats $70,it's about $20,700. So $20,165 is good.

But get the sunroof/moonroof. You will regret it.

Best wishes! :shades:
  • Options
    Smart decision.
  • Options
    :) Hey all -

After much hand-wringing, this is what I ended up doing: 1) selling my trade-in through CarMax. Probably severely underpaid me for the car, but oh well. I walked out of the place with a check, and truly, my work and life don't permit me the luxury of trying to sell it myself (I'm in town about 48 hours a week)..sigh..

Anyway, walked out of Carmax and headed to the dealer. Last night I took the best quote I had and tried to get the dealer who was closest (and who seemed to be the most honest about their pricing from the beginning) and asked them to meet it. The best quote fas from a dealer that had a salesguy who said "don't worry if you don't think you'll meet the financing requirements" - which made me worry. I checked them out on the BBB, and they've been open for 4 months. There was no history on the company, and I didn't think that was enough time to really draw a conclusion; but they're located in an area of town that has a poorer population, and I was concerned.

So I picked two other dealers who were closer in price. The one I looked up had 36 BBB complaints in the last 3 years; the other had 2. No contest. I also liked the people at the "better" dealer. I'm in Chicago - it was Howard, and they were great.

Anyway, out the door, price was 22,121 less 1750 for rebates/incentives, put me at $20,371, without tax, title, and license. It was right where they said it would be...and after the floormats, I basically paid $100 extra, and that was fine...I get free car waxing for 3 years, after the first oil change the next two are free...standard stuff, but sounds good to me.

I didn't go for the sunroof. I probably will regret it on the first sunny day...but for now, I'm happy as a clam to have purchased my very first car....

Thanks to all of you for your help - they made fun of me when I walked into the dealer with my folder of credit reports, Edmunds reports, quotes, interest rate information, pay stubs, and consumer reports info, but I could NOT have negotiated for this car without your advice and help. I really appreciated it...
  • Options
    mpalacolmpalacol Member Posts: 14
    Congratulations gr8tgrl! I think you made a great deal although I can't tell you how much I enjoy my sunroof :shades: . So I hope you won't regret it, but just think of all the sun damage from UV rays that you won't have to deal with and maybe you'll feel better.

I didn't get the $750 rebate because my credit union rate was unbeatable. But if I did get it, and didn't get the premium package, it would be about the same price, $20,350. After all my research, I know I got a great deal and didn't have to haggle with the dealer. I didn't receive any of the additional services you were offered though. Still was best car buying experience in my life thus far. I LOVE MY SANTA FE and want to hug it every time I see it. :P

I never thought of checking out BBB but that's a good tip. The dealership was only 2 months old so it probably wouldn't have much info anyway.
  • Options
    Congrats on your new purchase. I know you are proud of your accomplishment and getting such a great car. Don't have too many regrets about not getting the sun roof. I am close to 50, and just purchased my SF with sun roof last week. I have always wanted one, but it just never worked out until now. You will have something to look forward to when you make your next purchase. I hope you enjoy your SF as much as I do.
  • Options
    If it's any consolation, a sunroof can be added later. Get a referral from you dealer's service department. Runs about $750. Aftermarket sunroofs are more prone to leaks and wind noise but it's a solution. A reputable installer will make sure that you are satisfied. Congrats on your purchase. Now, if only gas doesn't go to $5, we can all enjoy our SFs.
  • Options
    proudnewdadproudnewdad Member Posts: 12
    Not many posts from people in Michigan. Signed papers Saturday for a FWD Limited in Natural khaki for 24,500 OTD. MSRP was 27,000. Got the 1000 rebate plus 750 plus 500 military. Live in Lansing but bought in Grand Rapids at Fox - much better selection. Thanks to you all, it was actually fun. :D
  • Options
    proudnewdadproudnewdad Member Posts: 12
    I'll be more specific about my above post. 2007 FWD Limited with XM with no options but cargo tray and floor mats 24,500 OTD. Just as a note, I have not seen a single 2007 Santa Fe in the Lansing MI area, and I've been looking since Nov. But this is a big GM town - hope my car does not get keyed!! ;)
  • Options
    rick2456rick2456 Member Posts: 320
    You can always get a power sunroof/moonroof added to your SF if you so chose. I have done that on a couple of SUV's and they are warranted for life, and look as good as a factory SR. Down side is it costs about 1200, but if you get the dealer to do it for you at their cost, it is usually around 900. Good luck.