Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2014 BMW 4-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    jujugmanjujugman Member Posts: 1

kyfdx, can you advise MF and residual on a 428i Convertible. 36 mo / 10k per year. Thank you. What is the ACQ FEE in CA? $925? $725? Thanks.

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,224

@jujugman said:
    kyfdx, can you advise MF and residual on a 428i Convertible. 36 mo / 10k per year. Thank you. What is the ACQ FEE in CA? $925? $725? Thanks.

.00130 MF and 63% residual. $1000 option credit.

The base acquisition fee is $725. BMWFS allows dealers to mark up the fee by as much as $200 for extra profit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jonnyzliojonnyzlio Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2014
    I think I posted this in the wrong discussion earlier, I Changed some stuff @kyfdx‌ and that's the final deal
    428i Black metallic, sport line, premium package, navigation system, cold weather package with black kidney grill & 15k mileage per year
    Accessories Total 220.00 (for the black grill, though think it's around $550 MSRP)

Net Total 50,420.00

Destination Charge 925.00 (He wouldn't make it.$725! )

Total Suggested Price 51,345.00
    $2100 due at signing including first month payment and fees with monthly payment $590 for 36 months with taxes rolled through monthly payment. I was initially offered $572 with 12k/year and everything else the same, do u think it was a better deal than the 15k one??
  • Options

Sorry... I can't keep track for more than a couple of hours.. :)

It seems you might be confusing destination fee with acquisition fee, though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    jonnyzliojonnyzlio Member Posts: 5
    I definitely was confusing them!
    But as an overall price for the 15k mileage and $2100 due at signing, do u think it's a fair deal?!
  • Options
    eyeguynjeyeguynj Member Posts: 5

I'm just starting my research. Interested in a 428i dx rive convertible with premium and technology package. What would the residual value and mf expect to be? I'm in Nj

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319

@eyeguynj said:
    I'm just starting my research. Interested in a 428i dx rive convertible with premium and technology package. What would the residual value and mf expect to be? I'm in Nj

.00130 and 60% for 36/15. $1000 option credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Patelshivam94Patelshivam94 Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2014

Can i get the numbers please for a 2015 428i xDrive Gran Coupe 36 months / 15k miles per year?

Also if you could post the numbers for a 2015 X4 xDrive 28i, same terms, i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, in advance.

• Options

@Patelshivam94 said:
    Can i get the numbers please for a 2015 428i xDrive Gran Coupe 36 months / 15k miles per year?

Also if you could post the numbers for a 2015 X4 xDrive 28i, same terms, i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, in advance.

Gran Coupe - .00133 and 60%

X4 - .00133 and 53%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Options
    aubreymclendonaubreymclendon Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2014

Edit:

Figured out my problem!

• Options
    opencars30opencars30 Member Posts: 1

Looking to lease 428Xi convertible in June 36 month/10k per year.. When available, would like MF & Residual. Will the $1000. option credit still available? Also received invitation from BMW 4 series drive event which qualifies for $1000 discount.

• Options

@opencars30 said:
    Looking to lease 428Xi convertible in June 36 month/10k per year.. When available, would like MF & Residual. Will the $1000. option credit still available? Also received invitation from BMW 4 series drive event which qualifies for $1000 discount.

Hoping to get the June numbers as early as tomorrow - check back with us.

My magic 8 ball has no idea what incentives will be carried forward, increased or decreased.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options

@opencars30 said:

Pretty sure that 4-Series numbers will carry over unchanged for June.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    omaraltomaralt Member Posts: 53

can you please post the residual value for a 435i coupe w/15k miles? thanks

• Options

@omaralt said:
    can you please post the residual value for a 435i coupe w/15k miles? thanks

.00130 and 60% for 36mo/15K miles. $1000 option credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    omaraltomaralt Member Posts: 53

thank you

• Options

My dealer says that the residual for a 2014 435i coupe at 10k miles is 62%. Is he shorting me 1% and is this negotiable?

• Options

@mikedo said:
    My dealer says that the residual for a 2014 435i coupe at 10k miles is 62%. Is he shorting me 1% and is this negotiable?

Yes.. he is off by 1%. 62% is the 36mo, 12K/yr residual. And, no.. it's not negotiable. BMWFS would kick it back, but it most likely would be caught before you completed the deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    dons4ridedons4ride Member Posts: 11

How did I do?

2014 xdrive 428i 2 door
    MSRP $57,050
    36 months
    10K per year - 30K total
    one pay option

includes all fees, Reg, etc.etc.

$24,588 OTD or $683 cost per month

• Options
    thegreythegrey Member Posts: 37

How does this look guys:

2014 x drive 428. MSRP $52,675, negotiated price $47,500 (1200 below invoice), $7500 down, $433 monthly payment. 36 mo lease/10,000 miles. Is there an advantage to the large down-payment? What is the benefit of a lower down-payment?

• Options

@thegrey said:
    How does this look guys:

2014 x drive 428. MSRP $52,675, negotiated price $47,500 (1200 below invoice), $7500 down, $433 monthly payment. 36 mo lease/10,000 miles. Is there an advantage to the large down-payment? What is the benefit of a lower down-payment?

No real benefit to a big downpayment... It helps the dealer, because it makes that monthly payment look smaller, and it's easier to hide extra charges. If your lease ends early, due to theft or collision, then you stand a good chance of losing a lot of that downpayment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Thank you for your response. Can you please check these numbers? They're giving me 433.92/mo + 7500 down. Based on the Edmunds site, my payments should be $411/mo so I don't understand where the discrepancy is (again, negotiated price of 47,750 and 7500 down). Are they getting me on the interest rate? I live in Maryland. Also, I just found this $1000 option credit customer bonus cash from the bmw website. Can I add that to the negotiated value of $47,500 that they're offering me? Thank you again

• Options

At that selling price, I'm sure they've already included the option credit. Can't really calculate it without a breakdown of the $7500. Is that all a CAP cost reduction? Or, is part of it to pay for the acquisition fee and title/registration? Are they giving you the base money factor of .00130, or are they marking it up for extra profit?

Does Maryland tax the full selling price, or just the monthly payment? If it's the full selling price, is the tax taken out of the $7500?

That's a lot of questions, but without the answers, we would just be guessing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    driversedgedriversedge Member Posts: 36

For those looking at the 4 Series, you may want to consider the "Un4gettable Test Drive Event" that BMW is having. If you participate, you're given a code for $1000 towards a new BMW. Different dealers are having them at different times, so check this link. (I heard about this in an email from a dealer) https://www.bmwusa.com/secured/content/forms/un4gettabletestdrive.aspx

• Options
    collideoscopiccollideoscopic Member Posts: 20

Hi, can you verify the June 2014 MF and residuals for the following vehicles for a 36 mo, 10k/yr lease? Any additional lease/option credits?

428xi
    435xi

Are they both still .00130 and 63%?

• Options
    konacougkonacoug Member Posts: 196

@thegrey said:
    Thank you for your response. Can you please check these numbers? They're giving me 433.92/mo + 7500 down. Based on the Edmunds site, my payments should be $411/mo so I don't understand where the discrepancy is (again, negotiated price of 47,750 and 7500 down). Are they getting me on the interest rate? I live in Maryland. Also, I just found this $1000 option credit customer bonus cash from the bmw website. Can I add that to the negotiated value of $47,500 that they're offering me? Thank you again

You really should reconsider putting such a large payment down on your lease. Also, you need to break out all of the numbers, to understand your deal. Also, you can use Multiple Security Deposits to lower the money factor(the lease interest) to lower your monthly payment. The advantage for the MSD's are , they are fully refundable, if anything happens to the car, you still get them back, so your money is not at risk..

Also, it not a good approach to figure your deal on monthly payments...it is always best to work using the invoice price, plug all of your numbers into the lease calculator here and you can come up with the payment. Dealers will always screw around with the numbers to give you the payment you want...ie, putting way too much money down, to de cap the lease. All your doing is advance paying the lease, to lower your monthly payments.

• Options

@collideoscopic said:
    Hi, can you verify the June 2014 MF and residuals for the following vehicles for a 36 mo, 10k/yr lease? Any additional lease/option credits?

428xi
    435xi

Are they both still .00130 and 63%?

Those numbers are still correct for June. No option credit or other Incentive cash.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    pmr123pmr123 Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2014

I'm in Southern California and just got offered the deal below last night for a fully loaded 2014 428i:

• MSRP - $54,925
    • Sales Price - $49,600 ($500 below invoice)
    • 36 MONTH LEASE
    • 12,000 MILES/YEAR
    • $1926.70 TOTAL DRIVE OFF
    • 35 X $589.25 INCLUDING TAX

Same dealer had a fully loaded 2014 435i with a MSRP around $61k and they offered me a lease on that car using a sales price $500 below invoice too. The lease came out to around $668/month (including tax) with a $1900 drive off for a 36 month lease at 12k miles/year.

Thoughts on both offers? Really need to make a decision soon!

• Options

@pmr123 said:
    I'm in Southern California and just got offered the deal below last night for a fully loaded 2014 428i:

• MSRP - $54,925
    • Sales Price - $49,600 ($500 below invoice)
    • 36 MONTH LEASE
    • 12,000 MILES/YEAR
    • $1926.70 TOTAL DRIVE OFF
    • 35 X $589.25 INCLUDING TAX

Using the MSRP and selling price with the base MF of .00130 and residual of 62% for a 36/12 lease, I calculate a pre-tax payment of $540.60. 9% tax takes you exactly to the $589.25 payment. Seems to be a solid deal.

Same dealer had a fully loaded 2014 435i with a MSRP around $61k and they offered me a lease on that car using a sales price $500 below invoice too. The lease came out to around $668/month (including tax) with a $1900 drive off for a 36 month lease at 12k miles/year.

It's harder to evaluate this deal without the negotiated selling price.

Thoughts on both offers? Really need to make a decision soon!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    pmr123pmr123 Member Posts: 4

Thank you!

• Options
    jalman11jalman11 Member Posts: 4

New here to my research on a 428i coupe -- Would a good suggestion be to price out a car on bmwusa? Find out the invoice, use MF of .0013 and 62% to estimate a monthly ? I'd have to negotiate down to the base, I assume...

I priced out an MSRP online at 50,725 -- assuming cost will be somewhere around 47,500 so maybe 48k selling price. I'd go for a 36/10 with just a drive off. What should I expect my monthly to be? I'm having a hard time calculating as per above.

• Options

@jalman11 said:
    New here to my research on a 428i coupe -- Would a good suggestion be to price out a car on bmwusa? Find out the invoice, use MF of .0013 and 62% to estimate a monthly ? I'd have to negotiate down to the base, I assume...

I priced out an MSRP online at 50,725 -- assuming cost will be somewhere around 47,500 so maybe 48k selling price. I'd go for a 36/10 with just a drive off. What should I expect my monthly to be? I'm having a hard time calculating as per above.

Edmunds has pricing tools to help you, at the top of each page. Don't forget about all taxes and fees that you can either roll into the cap cost or pay up front.

Using your numbers, I get a pre-tax payment of $548.48/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Options
    jalman11jalman11 Member Posts: 4

Okay. Thanks for that, I'll check out the tools -- although I'm confused how my configuration comes out to pretax of 548 and the previous posters deal from SoCal came out to 540 pretax with a high sell price and 12k miles per year instead of 10k.

• Options
    socaljevysocaljevy Member Posts: 2

Hey guys, I'm really contemplating on leasing my first BMW and I just saw this advertisement at my local BMW dealership and at first glance looks like a great deal, but wanted to get some feedback on if this is too good to pass up or too good to be true. Thanks in advance. The deal is for a 2014 428i Coupe, see picture of deal attached.

$299/monthly payment
    36 month closed end lease, total due at signing $5600, $0 security deposit, 10K miles, 204 per mile penalty with approved credit through BMW financial Services, plus tax and license.

• Options
    bmw435ibmw435i Member Posts: 8

@socaljevy said:
    Hey guys, I'm really contemplating on leasing my first BMW and I just saw this advertisement at my local BMW dealership and at first glance looks like a great deal, but wanted to get some feedback on if this is too good to pass up or too good to be true. Thanks in advance. The deal is for a 2014 428i Coupe, see picture of deal attached.

$299/monthly payment
    36 month closed end lease, total due at signing $5600, $0 security deposit, 10K miles, 204 per mile penalty with approved credit through BMW financial Services, plus tax and license.

It's hard to tell exactly without knowing the MSRP, sale price and the MF they are using. Typically, dealer advertisements either are have a chunky profit margin or are BS just to get you in the door. But $299 for even a base 4 series is pretty damn good depending on the down payment which seems a bit high to me.

• Options
    jeffrjeffr Member Posts: 8

Have decided to go for the 435 Gran Coupe. Have read through all of the posts here and let me say "thanks" to start with as the info has been very helpful.

It's been about 7 years since I acquired a new car, and I've never leased one, so have a couple of questions.

1. Is it safe to assume that the leasing promotions that are currently running for the 2014 435 coupe are not likely to be offered for the Gran Coupe since it's a 2015 and brand new to the market?
    2. Would you expect that the general discounts that folks here have been able to get off of MSRP (I'm seeing about 7% from folks) are achievable on the 435 Gran Coupe given that it's brand new?
    3. I've built one out on BMWUSA and it's MSRP including delivery is $56,200. What money factor and residual would you expect for 3 yr leases? How about 4 year leases?
    4. As BMW offers a 4 year "bumper to bumper" warranty, I'm curious why folks tend to go for 3 year leases? Any insights there?
    5. With the approach of using multiple security deposits (MSD's) has anyone run into a situation where the dealer gets unreasonable on returning those - i.e. arguing about nits in car condition at end of lease, etc?

Thanks in advance for your help. Jeff

• Options
    socaljevysocaljevy Member Posts: 2

@bmw435i‌

The $5600 down includes the first month's lease and the rest is just the down payment. This excludes the license, taxes, and registration fees which is around $1100. I don't know, on one hand I like that my monthly payments will be around $350 or a little less and I know the big down payment is the main reason why, but I also don't want to get a bad deal either...I don't know the MSRP, sale price and the MF yet, I will be asking him that the next time I talk, which will probably be tomorrow some time...the deal is good till 6/30.

• Options

@socaljevy said:
    bmw435i‌

The $5600 down includes the first month's lease and the rest is just the down payment. This excludes the license, taxes, and registration fees which is around $1100. I don't know, on one hand I like that my monthly payments will be around $350 or a little less and I know the big down payment is the main reason why, but I also don't want to get a bad deal either...I don't know the MSRP, sale price and the MF yet, I will be asking him that the next time I talk, which will probably be tomorrow some time...the deal is good till 6/30.

So... with no downpayment, you are around $500/mo. +

$500/mo. is not quite as exciting as $299/mo.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

@jeffr said:
    Have decided to go for the 435 Gran Coupe. Have read through all of the posts here and let me say "thanks" to start with as the info has been very helpful.

It's been about 7 years since I acquired a new car, and I've never leased one, so have a couple of questions.

1. Is it safe to assume that the leasing promotions that are currently running for the 2014 435 coupe are not likely to be offered for the Gran Coupe since it's a 2015 and brand new to the market?
    2. Would you expect that the general discounts that folks here have been able to get off of MSRP (I'm seeing about 7% from folks) are achievable on the 435 Gran Coupe given that it's brand new?
    3. I've built one out on BMWUSA and it's MSRP including delivery is $56,200. What money factor and residual would you expect for 3 yr leases? How about 4 year leases?
    4. As BMW offers a 4 year "bumper to bumper" warranty, I'm curious why folks tend to go for 3 year leases? Any insights there?
    5. With the approach of using multiple security deposits (MSD's) has anyone run into a situation where the dealer gets unreasonable on returning those - i.e. arguing about nits in car condition at end of lease, etc?

Thanks in advance for your help. Jeff

1) Yes.. different models, different years, different pricing.

2) No.. probably won't get 7% off on a brand-new model

3) Lease programs are out for this model. .00133 MF and 60% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr. You don't want to lease a BMW for over 42 months, as the lease variables are not favorable.

4) See #3.

5) Dealers inspect the vehicle upon return, but they don't control the security deposits. Those reside with BMWFS. BMW dealers are generally pretty lenient with their inspections, but like any other make/model, if you are leasing your next car from them (or, they think you might), it tends to go better. Your lease end charges won't vary, depending on your security deposit, though. If you have $5000 in lease end charges, you'll owe the money where you have ZERO or $4000 on deposit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

I have a tax question. I am about to move to maryland and want to lease a car before I get there. If I lease a car in another state prior to moving to Maryland using my old address (NY) at the time of the initial transaction - do I still have to pay the 6% MD tax on the entire MSRP when I move to MD? What if I pay all my NY lease taxes upfront?

In other words, if I transfer a car lease from another state to Maryland, will I still have to pay the Maryland's 6% tax on the entire purchase price of the car? How would taxes be calculated?

Thank you

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,320

If you drive 15k per year, you would be out of warranty/maintenance before the 4th year ends.
    Another thing is tires, you may end up buying a set that the next owner is going to get the benefit of.

2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options

That is a good question.. and, an important issue. You are wise to be concerned about it.

Unfortunately, I don't have the answer for you. What I do know:

Whether you pay your taxes upfront or roll them into the CAP cost, in NY, they are paid upfront to the state, either way, so that won't be an issue.

I don't know what's going to happen when you get to Maryland, but avoiding an increase in sales tax is probably not in the cards, especially if your lease inception is recent. Probably the best you can hope for is a credit against the Maryland taxes for the NY taxes already paid. You might want to contact Maryland, or it's possible that BMWFS would know the answer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

thanks for your response - if I have a wife in PA and I will be living in MD (but visiting her every weekend) - can I get away with just registering the car in PA?

• Options

@thegrey said:

thanks for your response - if I have a wife in PA and I will be living in MD (but visiting her every weekend) - can I get away with just registering the car in PA?

Sorry... I rarely give legal advice. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

This site is extremely helpful.

Can you please check this deal out, cause I haven't been able to make sense of it on the edmunds calculator...

MSRP 52385
    Selling price 47738
    Incentive rebate 1000 (on top of the 47738)
    MSD x 7
    RF: 0.62 (12k/yr x 36 mo lease)
    MF: 0.00081 with MSD
    acquisition fee 725
    MVA fee 400
    doc fee 359
    Down payment 5620
    Monthly lease: 427

Is this possible? The selling price is very good, but I don't get the same numbers when I crunch them online. Is this legitimate?

Thank you

• Options

@thegrey said:

Can you please check this deal out, cause I haven't been able to make sense of it on the edmunds calculator...

MSRP 52385
    Selling price 47738
    MSD x 7
    acquisition fee 725
    MVA fee 400
    doc fee 359
    Down payment 5620

Is this possible? The selling price is very good, but I don't get the same numbers when I crunch them online. Is this legitimate?

Thank you

Forgot to mention: PA registration

• Options

@thegrey said:

MSRP 52385
    Selling price 47738
    MSD x 7
    acquisition fee 725
    MVA fee 400
    doc fee 359
    Down payment 5620

Thank you

With $5620 due at signing, it looks like $1000 of that is going to reduce the CAP cost further.. (after adding up the other charges). At that, I get a payment of $431.mo. But, that doesn't include tax. PA tax at 9% would add around $39/mo..

So, it looks like a great deal.. Unless of course, you have to come up with $5620 plus all of those other charges..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

the 5620 supposedly includes all the taxes. the 5620 includes 2500 down, as well as the 725 acquisition fee, the 400 MVA, 359 doc fee, and all the PA taxes. so the only thing i pay is 5620 upfront, and then 36 payments of 427. sound correct?

thank you again for your help.

• Options

@thegrey said:
    the 5620 supposedly includes all the taxes. the 5620 includes 2500 down, as well as the 725 acquisition fee, the 400 MVA, 359 doc fee, and all the PA taxes. so the only thing i pay is 5620 upfront, and then 36 payments of 427. sound correct?

thank you again for your help.

(This $5620 doesn't include the $3150 refundable MSD, only the PA tax, MVA, doc fee, acquisition fee and 2500 cap reduction down payment)

This deal seems very good, but for some reason, when I punch in these numbers in the calculators - i get a reading of a much lower lease price (in the 300s). could something be wrong in the calculations???

• Options

@thegrey said:
    This deal seems very good, but for some reason, when I punch in these numbers in the calculators - i get a reading of a much lower lease price (in the 300s). could something be wrong in the calculations???

The only tax that can be included upfront is the tax on the acq.fee, doc fee and downpayment. Because, PA taxes the payment (at around 9%). I've never heard of being able to pay the entire tax upfront in PA, but maybe things have changed...

If I take $1000 and $2500 off the selling price, then I'm at $389/mo.+ tax.. Which would be close to $427/mo. But, I have to say... your $5620 just doesn't add up..

$2500 down, $725 acq.fee, $359 doc, $400 MVA and 9% tax of $412 on the ($2500+725+359+1000) = $4406. What else is in that due at signing? Looks like about $1200 unaccounted for. And, if it's sales tax on the payments (which I don't think they can collect upfront), then the payment is too high.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

This discussion has been closed.