Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Highlander Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    hannahraehannahrae Member Posts: 1
    After visiting 8 dealerships in the greater Los Angeles area we were able to get a great deal at Carson Toyota. Majority of dealerships were not willing to knock much off sticker...exceptions,Logo Toyota at one point (as we walked away) mentioned taking $2,800 off a fully loaded limited Highlander...Carson Toyota knocked off more for us.

We purchased a V6 4x2 Limited Highlander (Green)
    Everything except traction control and heated seats. Hubby loves driving it!!!

If anyone is searching in SoCal feel free to email me with any questions at Hannahrae@aol.com
  • Options
    jreajrea Member Posts: 26
    Check out Ehrlich Toyota in Greeley. Website is ehrlichtoyota.com. Their internet sales person will respond to your email. Very easy to work with.
  • Options
    hialeahmariahialeahmaria Member Posts: 45
    The red is Sundown Red Pearl and it's a beautiful color, like a "warm" maroon. There is a good pic of it on the Carson Toyota (CA) website. go to:
    http://carsontoyota.com/master_suv.html
    and select HL#1-24, scroll down five rows, on far right.
  • Options
    newhlnewhl Member Posts: 5
    Hello Fellow Highlander owners,
    I picked my HL yesterday. It is M. Silver with Charcoal leather interior. I know, even I was surprised to see the Charcoal leather interior!!! In any case I got the following deal. Please let me know what you think. I would say one thing though. Some of the options on this vehicle were not what I wanted but I was in a hurry to buy!!!

Options: HE, DR, CQ, DL, MG, PG, BO, L1, DD and SB.

I paid (before TT&L)

27600 + 485 destination + 150 in dealer BS!! = 28235

I have a couple of question please:

The dealer charged me $99 for PermaVin which is already included in the B0 option!! Is there something I can do about it?? Also as part of the options listed on the vehicle there was "Auto head lamp" off. What does that mean? I did not notice the head lamp go off when I turned off my car and waited.

Thanks,
    NH
  • Options
    techgirl407techgirl407 Member Posts: 4
    I bought a 4 Cylinder silver Highlander with gray interior. It included Quick Order Pkg, Too Guard, Roof Rack, and Tow Pep Pkg for $22988 plus tax tags etc... from Toyota of Long wood in Central Florida; My salesman was Paul Chin Lee. They threw in Highlander floor mats as well.
  • Options
    sxsahasxsaha Member Posts: 15
    Greetings,

Guys I have been quoted a price of $32,200 fro a Limited HL 4x4 V6 AWD and with following options
    LA,SK,TO,EJ,SR,BE,VD,WL,CF AND FE. Just wondering if the price looks good enough.

let me know your comments
  • Options
    scannerscanner Member Posts: 295
    because people don't give enough details.

I recently purchased a HL V6 4x2 for $100 over dealer's listed invoice, which I knew was really $500 over what Kelly Blue Book had as the true invoice (this dealer pads their invoice prices by $400). I also got 6.5% financing for 48 months with no trade. I'm happy with the deal, but was wondering if anybody was able to get a better finance rate?

Folks, please give all the details of your purchase.
  • Options
    goldstongoldston Member Posts: 110
    Where did you get 6.5% for 48 months from? This rate sounds pretty good to me.

I've been quoted 6.75% through USAA.

Best regards,
    Philip
  • Options
    carleton1carleton1 Member Posts: 560
    Have enjoyed your informative postings. This forum is now on my "Message Center" and I hope to learn more about the Toyota Highlander. We have spent more attention to the ECHO, Sienna, and RAV-4 in the Toyota family of fine vehicles. Please tell us of the many nice features and driving experience you are having with your excellent new vehicle. Bye. Carl
  • Options
    carol31carol31 Member Posts: 3
    I noticed in #97 sent by mallen7 that he was able to get a moon roof without the limited package. I've asked several dealers here in the southeast and they all say that that's impossible. According to the toyota web site you can get the moon roof with either the alloy wheels or convenience pkg or limited pkg. The dealers keep saying that's a mistype. Obviously it's not since mallen7 was able to get one without the limited pkg. Any suggestions with this, and mallen7 if you read this can you help me out with any info? Thanks.
  • Options
    spali1spali1 Member Posts: 11
    Are you sure the moonroof that mallen7 got is a FACTORY moonroof? It may have been a dealer after-market add on. Just a thought...
  • Options
    debralewisdebralewis Member Posts: 5
    I also got a factory moonroof, power seats,side air bags and heated seats without getting a limited package. I saw several highlanders in the New York area with factory moonroofs on non limited versions.
  • Options
    carol31carol31 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know if there is a dealer incentive with the Highlander?
  • Options
    stachedstached Member Posts: 20
    Carol, how did you get heated seats when heated seats require Leather, and leather requires Limited??? I'd love to get them for my cloth seats as well!
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Have you checked Edmunds.com Incentives, Rebates, & Leases page for information?

KarenS
    Host
    Owner's Clubs

• Options
    retropiaretropia Member Posts: 41
    Heated seats: these can be installed aftermarket by an automotive upholsterer. Visit Katzkin:

http://www.katzkin.com/

for more details. They make nice aftermarket leather upholstery kits.

Sunroofs: Southern California sells many non-Limited Highlanders with sunroofs. It may be in the southeast Toyota district they are not ordered that way. In that case, your options would be to do a custom order (estimated 3-4 month wait) or shop outside your southeast district.

Financing: credit unions are now available for just about anyone, and many are advertising new car loan rates at 6.5%.
  • Options
    mir_rmir_r Member Posts: 2
    Dear all,

I am getting the following lease offer from an IL dealer on an SR5 HL Model (4wd V6).

$398 / mo. (INCLUDING TAXES)
    Title & Registration ONLY at sign up time.

The lease offer is based on (Invoice + $1K =)
    $27065 sale price.

Do you think it's a good deal?
  • Options
    donato3donato3 Member Posts: 9
    Yes, I know what you mean. I'd be happy with a stripped down HL since it already has as standard features everything I normally want in a vehicle, except for floor mats and maybe a center console. So far, I've been told that they come fully loaded from Japan or that they would have to special order one for me and I would need to pay for it beforehand. At this rate, Toyota is going to push me into the cozy seat of a Nissan Maxima!
  • Options
    I would say that you got a very good deal! Keith Murray Toyota quoted me $24,938.47 for the same 4 Cyl 2WD but with only the QOP, center console and carpet mats! That's $738 more than what you paid and you got more options! Where did you buy your HL? Who was your sales contact? Thanks.
  • Options
    Yes, I know what you mean. I'd be happy with a stripped down HL since it already has as standard features everything I normally want in a vehicle, except for floor mats and maybe a center console. So far, I've been told that they come fully loaded from Japan or that they would have to special order one for me and I would need to pay for it beforehand. At this rate, Toyota is going to push me into the cozy seat of a Nissan Maxima!
  • Options
    major5major5 Member Posts: 1
    I've been quoted recently by a local dealer, 4cl, 2wd. $500 above invoice + $3000 of accessaries, but they charge a $353 ATD or TAD (can't remember exactly) fee. Was told it's an advertising fee, which I feel I should not pay. BTW, is the price for options negotiable? I noticed that there is a big difference between the MRSP and invoice for accessaries, particularly if oh car has lots options loaded. Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    gunga64gunga64 Member Posts: 271
    Hi,

A lot of you guys boughbt the 6 cylinder 4 wd version:

All I want is a 4 cylinder 2wd base model w/o any options at all. Do you think I can order
    this because the dealer I went to only had it with options, What would be the invoice price for this base model? I looked at a few sites and they are all different. Here in florida they are selling a lot more of the 4 cylinder 2 wd ones odd is'nt it.
  • Options
    w2323w2323 Member Posts: 60
    Hi techgirl407,

I live in Oviedo, and went to that dealership you went to for the exact same car. They had sticker on it for 25,600 for the 4 cylinder 2wd with all those options you said. How long ago did you get it. Did you have to pull their teeth a lot? Any help would be appreciated. I am basically having a hard time finding the invoice price for that car many sites have different amounts. Also did you trade in a car? I wont be trading in. I definatly don't want to pay for toyoguard if I don't have to.

Please respond on message board or email me at
    gungadin_@yahoo.com

Thankyou
  • Options
    ehl3ehl3 Member Posts: 30
    Re-post from main site - #2699

Mine was done all via e-mail, mostly due to time limitations, but I don't doubt that the fax strategy is a more solid method. I contacted seven dealers and five submitted solid bids. --- Our results in SoFL from May, also via a Fleet Manager (who subsequently re-ordered the another when when my wife decided she wanted Silver instead of dark blue...).

Repost from #2270:

Thanks to Sandman -- we factory ordered a new HL over the weekend. After many contacts with seven dealers total in SoFL, the best deal I could find was as follows, FYI & for comparison:

Base V6 2wd $22,332
    SE Toyota grey leather $989
    Mats, Roof rack, center console, tow prep, day time running lamps $585
    Destination $505
    SE Toyota "Admin" $550
    Dealer Markup $377

Total pre-tax/tags $25,338

This particular dealer was as few hundred below everyone else. One even asked straight MSRP on an order! We ordered mainly because every other "Indigo Ink" vehicle in the area had Toyo Guard and several other options that we didn't need or can buy for efficiently aftermarket. I am told it will be 90-105 days until it comes in - anyone else factory order that can confirm that timeframe?

For anyone in SoFL, the dealer was Hollywood Toyota and the "Internet and Fleet Manager" is Israel Washington at 800.842.4699. Highly recommended. You may be able to do better yet, as the model year is getting late.
  • Options
    techgirl407techgirl407 Member Posts: 4
    I bought my Toyota June 2. I didn't have to pull their teeth out at all. Another local dealership (Toyota of Orlando) is advertising the same 4 cylinder Highlanders with the same options for $22988. So, armed with that information, Toyota of Longwood honored the same price for $22988. They say they have a $5000 price guarantee. Thus, I think they meet or beat the competitors price or give you $5000. I wanted to buy it from Longwood because they were very pleasant to deal with. You may even be able to get it cheaper than $22988. Here is how you can easily get the invoice price. Go to their web site and search for Highlanders on their car lot. (http://www.toyotaoflongwood.com/)When you see the one your interested in, click the link to view the description. Fill out the "Request Selling Price" web form. Soon, you will get sent to you (through email) the invoice and MSRP. Go there armed with the information you have. Longwood called Toyota of Orlando to verify the advertisement for $22988 at Orlando. You can ask them to beat the Orlando price. With mine, they only met the same price. See Phil the salesman and Marlin(the guy over sales). I had no trade. My old car is a lease I am turning in. I did put a downpayment. Make sure they throw in Highlander mats. I too, did not want th Toyoguard at first but now, I am glad I got it.
  • Options
    Sounds great, what kinda mileage are you getting techgirl, with the AC on? Pricing sounds like what I have found.

THanks
    Jim

ELH3

Hmm 22,332 base price for 6 cylinder 2wd that aint to bad either.
    destination about 500.00

Rough total about 22,900 which is'nt bad at all

Maybe the 6 cylinder is'nt that bad either. Don't forget the invoice prices on the Highlander had an extra 2% holdback for the dealer on it too. Thats about 500.00 in markup.
  • Options
    mallen7mallen7 Member Posts: 4
    In the NE, I was able to get the HL with a factory installed moonroof without getting the limited package. It came with the appearance package, etc... Again, one of the "popular combinations" listed on the website.
  • Options
    mallen7mallen7 Member Posts: 4
    hammersjsl -

Sorry for the delayed response. In regards to Woburn Foreign Motors - their service department seed 'OK'. I haven't used it yet, but probably will when I need to have my Highlander serviced. It definitely don't have that "new shopping mall" look that IA toyota does.

I'm in debate if I'll use the Toyota dealer for oil changes and such or if I should use Jiffy Lube or an equivlent..
  • Options
    Still doing research, I came accross a few trucks to try and compete with the HL.

Buick Rendezvous- pretty good looking design, I think a little larger then HL has 3 sets of seats, which is pretty cool.. Is Buick part of Chevy? I get confused cause I do not want to own a Chevy, Will test drive it for kicks, but most likely no competion for HL. Gm type quality gives me doubts. NIce engine size.

Saturn Vue- coming out in the Fall, plastic fenders and such I kinda like that, price starting below 20,000 I hear, Engine not that much bigger then Base HL. But cargo is bigger then HL I think. I can wait that long I guess

Honda CRV- coming out with new bigger Engine this month, but I already crossed that one off my list. To small behind the seats. Great pricing on these models though and quality is top notch. Great first car, "Made in Japan" you gotta love that

Honda new Acura type suv- coming out next year, can't wait that long.

Honda Oddessy- Real competion for the HL, only thing is price for me about 2k more then I'm willing to pay. But still on list.

Acura MDX- Proabally dream car, but I can't afford it. Have an integra now and its top notch.

Ford Explorer 2002- Was going to give it a shot, but price for XLT too high, I think even with discount from manufactor. Hell I have to face facts they suck, I mean blaming Firestone for [non-permissible content removed] design, just like an American car company

Toyota 4 runner- This one sucks always has and probally always will

Toyota Sequina - Yea right like I can afford it

Toyota Ciena- Not bad, didnt test drive it but out of my price range.

Ford Excape- Maybe too small price is low though on truck frame drives like truck don't like that

Mazda Tribute- Same size as Excape, price higher, drives better then Excape, prettier too, But its got Ford in it and that aint exactly a selling point

Mazda MPV- Good competitor especially if I get it used with 10k miles on it can get it for 17k, more loot in my pocket and good size. Engine a little small but has enough bells and whistles. Keep hearing rumor of bigger engine coming but then what would it cost. "made in Japan gotta love that"

Nissan- They all suck and priced too high

Suzuki XL-7- Interesting SUV, 19-25k in price but rebates probally all over it, has 3 rows of seats not bad. Small engine, I think only available in manual go figure. Not great competion.

Kia, Hyundia etc- Cute not guts in engine and relialblity still questionable even with 10/100k warrenty on power train. Owned a Hyundai once gear shift broke off while I was driving, I gues that warrenty would have covered it.

Toyota Highlander- Don't know if I want a 4 or 6 cylinder. ah and.... well I guess thats about it , oh yeah paying 1500.00 in state sales tax would suck. Damn what do they do with that money.
    "made in Japan" gotta love that.

All other American SUVs- Who cares, they break all the time.

I seem to be on the right message board. So far so good.
  • Options
    frankhallfrankhall Member Posts: 11
    I paid $28,000 plus only tax/tags for a silver 6cyl/awd nonlimited 2 weeks ago. I think buying at end of month helped. Very difficult SUV to wheel and deal on..Dealer took off $1000 but I paid for extras I did not want like the garage door opener in the visor when I don't have a garage. Mileage so far is 17.5 with mainly (90%) suburban driving. Good luck.
  • Options
    parnikinparnikin Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    I am buying my car from Becky at Capital Toyota in Winston, NC, they gave me a better deal and could get the car to me about three weeks earlier than the price I asked about. I also worked with Ellen at Casey Toyota (Williamsburg or Newport News, VA) who was terrific to work with. If you email me at lnjcollier@aol.com, I can give you the numbers and names, I am on vacation and don't have the info with me. I went through cars.com.
    Final Price $24,100 (including Destination) plus $200 for processing = Total $24,300. Has Quick Order, Power Drivers Seat, Tow Prep Package, Alloy Wheels, Roof Rack, Center Console and Floor Mats. I think I did rather well. At least, that's what I want to believe. Should have car by Saturday, has already arrived in port. It is the silver with charcoal interior.
  • Options
    Im looking for a 4 cyl, 2wd, toyo guard, roof rack, carpet mat, daytime running lights, and quick order pack.

Im told you are forced to buy the toyo guard in florida.

The invoice price is 23,243 Im willing to pay 23,500 plus tax tag title. if anyone can find me that price. WIth the holdback that gives the dealer about 750 bucks. They need to think quantity, hehe

I'll tell you this much a few of the dealerships are acting desperate. Pleading like babies to me to buy a truck I dont want, they try to trick me with fake prices on a v6 when all I want is a V4 .
    I sure hope we go into recession so I can get a deal on this truck. Cause if prices stay high I may resort to an america truck hahahh.
  • Options
    batiabatia Member Posts: 7
    Could anyone share his/her experience with negotiating HL prices in Los Angeles area (or Southern California)? I have been dealing with various dealerships, but so far, the best offer I have is $700 over invoice, which includes TDA. I do not feel like I have to pay TDA. Was anyone able to negotiate a better deal?
  • Options
    amsunshineamsunshine Member Posts: 1
    In San Diego, most of the dealerships say they will not budge on MSRP. However, with some persistent negotiating, they will come down. We also found it difficult to locate 4 cyl. HL's--most are 6 cyl. We got our HL--4 cyl., 2wd, with roof rack, quick order package, and floor mats at Frank Toyota in National City. MSRP: 25,085. Our price: 23,595 (including destination charges).
  • Options
    tdattdat Member Posts: 27
    I bought my V6 Limited HL from Kearny Mesa Toyota. I paid $1000 above the invoice which included TDA and destniation. This turned out to be $3000 below MSRP.

I just had my first oil change and saw quite a few HLs at the dealership, including a couple 4 cyls.

You should work your way up from invoice, instead of down from MSRP.
  • Options
    Do not pay MSRP, as the HL is not a low production piece of crap like the Acura MDX.

http://www.autosite.com/editoria/asmr/svolsu.asp

• Options
    vikoovikoo Member Posts: 4
    I bought my new Highlander Limited (Vintage Gold Metallic) from East Coast Toyota in Woodridge NJ. My sales guy Mikhael was an excellent person to deal with. The vehicle is too good and I am extremely happy with my new HL.
    They could have done a better job with audio though...
  • Options
    Anyone else notice that Edmunds' doesn't provide complete pricing for HL options? I had to use Kelly Blue Book's new car pricing to get the exact price for my new HL.

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.sp?kbb&&678&midsuv3

Edmunds', where's the invoice pricing for the CF Floor Mats $104, RF Spoiler $200, R3 Side Tubes $295, GP Gold Package $285, Security System $155, Wheel Locks $31 etc?

Is there anyone out there who was able to calculate the exact price of their HL WITH OPTIONS (not base or fully loaded) using Edmunds' incomplete data?

Edmunds', stop wasting resources on inflated True Market Values and spend a little more time providing useful information on Real World Options?

• Options
    carleton1carleton1 Member Posts: 560
    My sister got a NEW 2001 Odyssey EX and paid $26,660 (MSRP $26,840 - $180 discount). Edmunds has TMV $28,120 for this zip code.
    Question: Isn't TMV supposed to be the actual price a vehicle is being sold at? This Honda dealer did not read Edmunds and lost an additional $1460 profit from my sister and brother in law.
  • Options
    aesdot3aesdot3 Member Posts: 1
    I found accurate invoice and M.S.R.P. pricing with options at www.consumerguide.com. You can build your vehicle--check it out!

I am in Columbus, Ohio--they discounted a V6 2WD about $800 off M.S.R.P. They had 16 on their lot Wednesday and only 3 by Saturday. It's obvious that they aren't going to come close to invoice here...
  • Options
    alsopalsop Member Posts: 38
    My humble speculation is that most, if not all of us, are on this Edmunds Town Hall page because we are sincerely interested in the vehicles we want/have, and we are at least somewhat knowledgeable on how vehicle pricing works. I venture to say that many, and maybe even most, people do not do as much research as those of us on this and other sites. Keep in mind, too, not everyone is on the Web yet or uses it as productively as those of us here are doing. Thus, not knowing about invoice pricing, and dealing up from there verses down on MSRP, and other factors, many people may indeed end up paying about Edmunds TMV...I must confess I did. Of course, this is all hypothesis on my part. My point is some people may not know about invoice pricing and dealing, so they pay more...and that could bring up the TMV average. I bet a fair number of car buyers just do not know they can do better...plus there is the supply/demand issue sometimes. Or in my case, a combination of poor dealing on my part and demand. Anyway, just some thoughts!
  • Options
    Bought a 4x2 6cyl Vintage Gold w/ Ivory Leather trim HL Limited past weekend. Paid $300 over invoice (which included TDA and destination) + $995 for 7yr / 75,000miles warranty. Got it from Family Toyota in San Juan Capistrano, CA. I think I got an OK deal on the car (invoice price is what I would be happy with). I am not sure about extended warranty though. I did not do much research on warranty prices and was caught off-guard when was offered it. After some negotiations, I decided to get it, since I am planning to keep the car for a while and factory warranty is only for 3yr/36,000miles.
  • Options
    Could someone comment on warranty prices? I've paid $995 for 7yr/75,000.
  • Options
    shl72953shl72953 Member Posts: 53
    I paid $690 for 6 year, 75,000 mile, zero deduction. By the time your warranty is up you will have forgotten how much you paid, so forget about it. Most people say you shouldn't even buy an extended warranty, but if something major goes wrong you made a wise choice. If nothing goes wrong, you're out at least part, if not all, of the cost. Same thing can be said about all insurance policies.
  • Options
  • Options
    gatorflogatorflo Member Posts: 12
    I have two questions regarding buying an HL. First question, Does anyone know if it is possible to get the following combination: Sunroof,Side airbags, VSC or LSD, spoiler, and a roof rack? My second question has to do with dealers. I've noticed that a few in this topic have bought in the Boston area. Does anyone here have experience dealing with dealers in Southern Mass or RI? So far I really like this vehicle and it is a bit pricey but I'm hoping with the right advice I can get it down to my price level, around 27,000
    Thank you
  • Options
    edsamedsam Member Posts: 14
    Base V6 WAD - $40650 TOR

1) Studied buying tips from www.carbuyingtips.com
    2) Got invoice price from www.carcostcanada.com
    3) Skipped the salesmen and went directly to the sales managers. The managers care more about moving so many units a month.
    4) Email offers to dealers using this formula...
    Invoice cost - 2% hold back + 5% markup + freight/PI + taxes.
  • Options
    rutger3rutger3 Member Posts: 361
    I am interested in a 4cyl 2wd.Has anyone dealt with either Muller Toyota in Clinton or James Toyota in Flemington on any Highlander? What kind of deals are out there? If a decent deal is not available soon, I might go buy the Mazda MPV for about $2200 less,plus 4.9% financing for 60 mths. It is very tempting.
  • Options
    rutger3rutger3 Member Posts: 361
    I am close to making a deal on one of these vehicles. IF I went by strictly price or dealing with salesmen,the MPV wins easy. We like both vehicles,so my first inclination is to go for the one which saves me money,and seems the sales people really appreciate your business. However,then I start thinking about resale value,and gas mileage,and Toyota reliability and think buy the HL.Then there are none available or they want close to sticker and I think go away Toyota with your attitude. My wife would be the primary driver and we would use it on vacations.She would be happy with either,so maybe I should go with the MPV. Then I think about the Toyota 2.4 4 cylinder versus the Mazda 2.5 6 cylinder and better mileage and think Toyota. But then I think about that neat 3rd seat and the side airbags and alloy wheels and heated mirrors on the Mazda that the HL does not have and think Mazda is it. Then I say go with the SUV instead of the 'familyfied minivan, but then I think that the HL has not yet beenn crash tested and will the resale value of a 4 Cylinder HL depreciate more than the 6 cylinders. Then I get frustrated and think,hell with it,Ill just keep our 94 Villager with 80k on it for a while,but then i think its only going down in value and since they are no longer making the Villager afer this year,I better get what I can now for it. Highlander? MPV? old Villager? Why is life so damn clomplicated?
  • Options
    We are still debating what we want Mpv Hl or Sienna, we actually drove the Sienna yesturday, and liked it the best . Only problem is we went to edmunds boards and they had what I think is too many people with bad transmissions. Problem with transmission you say on a Toyota? Well on that board it appeared an awful lot of people had problems with the trans in 2000. I even did a little research and their statements are true.

It's getting really tough to decide, we like the Sienna the best but that trans bothers us a lot, also the Sienna seemed to have a lot of other problems. The HL is probally good. But when we go to these dealers they keep saying your buying Toyota quality, your going to pay more. Well I'm not so convinced about Toyota quality anymore, I own one by the way, and dealing with their salesmen that are supposedly willing to bend over backwards to get your business isn''t exactly true. Paying 600 for Toyoguard a rubber coating they put under near the wheel well just pisses us off too. We do not want this scammy item. We will have all our cash ready in about 2 weeks to buy something. I just don't see the urgency to buy quickly anymore. In fact 2002's are coming out and it may just be worth waiting even if they are higher. I'm not happy with the HL space behind the rear seats. I still think its kinda small. Maybe we should wait till 2002's by then the HL will be more competivily priced and the other 2 will have an extra year to get the kinks out. I would suggest you test drive the Sienna and maybe buy the 2002 when it comes out. By far it has the best space for the price.

We were very specific on what we were willing to pay for a toyota, and were going to the dealer again on the word of the salesman that we could stay in that range, but when we got there the salesman consistantly tried to have us pay 1500.00 then we wanted to. He also got caught in a bunch of lies. One thing he consistantly said is the toyoguard protects your paint, which it does not. Its an under coating for the wheel well, and the etching in the window b.s. addon.

It's a shame the MPV has a bad rap about its engine, they were extremely friendly to deal with and the price is great. The boards on the MPV basically only comment on a little wind noise and a problem with the tie rods on the 2000's problems that they seem to have repaired in th 2001's. hehe by the way every auto I read about people complain about wind noise.