Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chrysler Pacifica

Comments

• Options
    steelydan0613steelydan0613 Member Posts: 144
    rodut, I think you made an excellent choice in purchasing a Pacifica , and here's why I say that.

After reading many posts from you, I have concluded that you have many different personalities, kind of like the Pacifica...........

rodut, keep posting, I always enjoy them.............

Brooks
    '04 FWD Pacifica
    22,000 miles
  • Options
    Rodut, I agree with turbanski.....the no mention in the Chrysler magazine makes me wonder, especially since they spent time & space tooting the horn about the improvements in the 2006 300C series, which is already Chrysler's savior for the foreseeable future.

A little mention of 2006 improvements in the Pacifica would have been appropriate and nice........It certainly wouldn't hurt anything, especially when you know that there will be newer crossover vehicles coming out every 6 months from who knows where........... :confuse:
  • Options
    rodutrodut Member Posts: 343
    Well ... that's the most shocking statement I read on these sites. What scares me is that is sounds true ... I never looked at it that way. I will think about it ...

Anyway ... shutting down Pacifica would be the worst joke in the car business history. The value of these cars would go to zero, and we won't have parts to fix them. It would be like we put in garbage CAN$40,000. And how Chrysler would recover the US$1,000,000,000 spent in Pacifica development costs ?! No way ... it's too bad to be true. Why shut down the nicest car on the planet ???

By the way, tomorrow I get a brand new left headlight ! The service manager (with a very happy voice) let me know it was waiting for me. And he was sure it was already recalled !
  • Options
    Got the new headlight this morning. The dealer never heard about Pacifica to be discontinued.

So, turbanski, Pacifica has a future. A bright one !

Driving it on the highway this sunny morning was a bliss ...

Cheers
  • Options
    turbanskiturbanski Member Posts: 85
    I hope you are correct in your assessment of the Pacifica's future. Perhaps we will hear from a DC "insider".

Cheers from the USA
  • Options
    rsharprsharp Member Posts: 103
    "The dealer never heard about Pacifica to be discontinued."

Dealers are the absolute worst source of information on something like this. They are the very lowest on the chain of communication in the auto industry. You would read it on the net long before a dealer would ever know anything.

All that said, I can't believe that DC would dump the PAC at this point. It wouldn't make sense.
  • Options
    hayneldanhayneldan Member Posts: 657
    Chrysler Pacifica sales April 2005 7,412 March 2005 5,896 Year to date 2005 27,496 Year to date 2004 27,364
  • Options
    1997montez341997montez34 Member Posts: 202
    Most dealers are completely ignorant about next year's models/specs. They are not enthusiasts, which explains the fine experience most of us have in dealing with them. The Pacifica is not going anywhere. According to a DCX enthusiast site the Pacifica will see an upgraded 4.0L V6 and a 6-speed auto very soon.
  • Options
    I agree. dealers are the last to know anything. On my last service visit about 3 weeks ago, I asked the New Vehicle Sales Manager why he only had two FWD 2004 Pacificas (former rentals), and no 2005's in his inventory he could only reply "I don't know".
  • Options
    Just checked the dealers inventory on line. No change as of today. Just the same two 2004 ex rentals. He does have a half dozen 2006 300s labeled as "300 Series". By the way, this is a high volume dealer suburban dealership with a reputation for beating any other dealer. In other words, he is the guy you visit last.
  • Options
    1997montez341997montez34 Member Posts: 202
    He doesn't know about his own inventory? That's part of the issue right there!!!! LOL!

Most of these guys are losers who bounce from dealer to dealer fairly quickly. They have no real product knowledge. Their only aim is to separate you from as much of your money as possible.

I do know a few really decent, knowledgable sales people in the business. They have loyal clientele and know their product inside and out. I'm 30 now and since I was 12 I have been dealing with a guy at my local Dodge dealer. I used to ride my bike down there and he'd talk to me with respect, and even slip me brochures and pre-release product info. Well, my father was so impressed with him that we have always gone back there to buy cars. Today that salesman is part-owner of the dealership and in the past year I got my Grand Caravan SXT from him and my dad got his Magnum RT AWD from him as well. It pays to be a knowledgeable professional, as people remember you and will want to deal with you. As long as he is there I will probably buy cars from him.
  • Options
    To be fair, this particular dealer's inventory stands at 186 vehicles. Also he knew what he had in stock, he just could not explain the lack of new (05) Pacificas.
  • Options
    I can't believe what I am writing, but my replacement left headlight is not brand new, as the service manager had said ! So he lied to me. There are traces of dried dirty water INSIDE the exterior lens, like a white fog with some white bubbles. You must switch ON the lights to be able to see them, which that day I didn't, because I believed the service manager.

The only explanation I can find is that the mechanic who damaged my headlight also damaged other headlights on other brand new Pacificas on the lot, when performing the recall on them. Then, they found out how to disassemble the sealed headlights (probably by using hot water to dilate the lens, to be able to remove it, and bend the reflector back to its normal position). That caused the dirty water residues inside the units. So they replaced my headlight with a "reconditioned one" from one of the brand new Pacificas on their lot. This hot water based dilatation is my theory - obviously I have no proof. What I know for sure (because I saw it with my own eyes) is that one of the brand new Pacificas on their lot had the left headlight missing the morning when they replaced mine. I never saw any missing headlights on their lot Pacs before.

This headlight is definitely safe, I just have a thing with people lying to me ...
    As you can see in my previous messages (2046 and 2051), for this headlight wiring harness recall I already was 4 times to my beloved dealer. I am rather tired of going back there. My wife says to drop it. Any advice ?

For Canadians, this is the Cyrville Chrysler dealership in Ottawa, Ontario.
    Another thing: I filled the Chrysler survey and I'd like to change the answers I gave. Is there a Chrysler phone number where I could call to ask for another survey form ? I don't even have the address where I sent it.
  • Options
    laurheislaurheis Member Posts: 57
    OK, time to climb on my soapbox...

You deserve to have your car repaired correctly at the dealership - and you deserve to be treated honestly. Your wife sounds like my husband did with our car!

If you are unhappy, you need to let the appropriate people know of your unhappiness. Call Chrysler Customer Service and report this situation to them. Documentation is important.

Our Pacifica was sold to us without an Owner's Manual (have a feeling it was lifted to give to someone else who purchased a Pacifica before us.) After numerous requests to our salesperson, sales manager, anyone we could get on the phone there, we called Chrysler Customer Service AND sent a certified letter. I actually had the District Manager call me personally and he took care of the entire situation. He urged me to keep his number and to call him if anything else came up. It did, I called, and he continued to follow through. He provided the best customer service we received from Chrysler!
  • Options
    No, I don't want to fight with them. I did it in the past with our builder (when building our house) and it was bad for both sides. You bug them, they bug you, and it only gets worse. I ended up in court against a builder I actually liked. I don't want to repeat that. For the record I won, but we both wasted a lot of time (he wasted the legal expenses too). Even if I was right, the fight was my fault. I had bugged him too much. I am a test engineer and was paid for years to find bugs, imperfections etc. It seems I can't stop doing it. This could make me a too picky customer. Still I was very useful for the companies I worked for.

I just spoke with the service manager. He said he was not aware the headlight had water traces inside and switched my headlight with the other one just to make me happy quickly (he was polite - he didn't say to get rid of me quickly !). He said the other Pac was not subject to this recall, so nobody touched it. I guess only God knows why it had water inside.

Well, he will order a new one and it will take a few weeks to get it because there is none of them available in Canada. By the way, it costs CAN$400 (CAN$1 = US$0.8). It's so big and beautiful that I was afraid it would cost more.

It looks like my 5th visit to the dealer for that recall will be the last one ! Or perhaps ...
    Just kidding.
    ##########################
    Laurheis, except the recall and two "Pacifica normal" barely perceptible noises, we had absolutely no trouble with this car, so we are tempted to leave Chrysler out of this.
  • Options
    nymomnymom Member Posts: 17
    Hello,
    I am interested in possibly purchasing a pacifica but was wondering if anyone though that they may come out with a seven passenger model in the future? Could this be a possibility or no? Thanks for any responses.
  • Options
    Several weeks seems way too long. I recently had the misfortune to back into a parked contractors low boy equipment trailer with my Pac. No damage to the trailer, however the bumper cover and scuff pad were gouged by the trailers steel frame and needed to be replaced. After my insurance company approved the repair estimate (a Friday) I took the Pac to the local collision shop. (non Dealer) I asked when I could bring it in for repairs since I knew he had to order the parts from Chrysler. To my surprise he said bring it in on Monday morning and you should have it back by Tuesday night. The collision shop manger told me that he had previously checked (by computer) with Chryslers parts depot in Cleveland and that the parts would be over nighted to him. Two days, not two weeks.
  • Options
    xerogravityxerogravity Member Posts: 2
    Hey everyone,

I'm looking to buy a 2005 Pacifica but I've been reading about reliability issues like rattling and smelly seat belts. Consumer Reports even states that although the PAC is a good vehicle it was prone to mechanical glitches in the 2004 production runs. I hear that 2005 has the bugs worked out. True? Is the 2006 about to be released? Should I wait?

To be fair, the yes' seem to outweigh the no's for PAC satisfaction from my research. I want to ask you all about your thoughts as current owners. I realize no car is perfect and there may be issue that come up. I just don't need a new vehicle going to the shop in a few months for things that should work in general.

Your feedback would be most appreciated as I'm currently contacting several dealers for pricing and my wife and I will be buying something in the next few days. We want it to be a PAC. Admittedly I've been a consumer of Japanese models and I'm a bit spoiled by the reliability I've experience from both used and new japanese models.

Thanks all in advance for your valuable feedback. We are looking at getting the Limited fully loaded. :-)
  • Options
    Reliability is not an issue with the 2005 Pacifica. Some early production 2004 models had bugs that have been eliminated. The Pacifica is fun to drive and all trips seem to short. Get the PAC if you can live with 16-17 MPG (overall average).
    Rear visibility is also marginal.
  • Options
    Well Turbanski, 2 days in US is "a couple of weeks" in Canada. Anything is slower here. Except the prime minister stealing taxpayers money. That's fast. His party falling down is also extremely slow.

I get 19 MPG mixed driving on my FWD. The AWD has extra friction (especially in cold weather) and has more fluids to be replaced.

Yes, my 2005 is OK. Me too I am a Japanese car owner since 1993. Buy it from a good reputation dealership though. That's the key to happiness. Turbanski's collision shop gets the parts overnight ... my dealer gets the headlight in "a couple of weeks".

Red is very nice.
  • Options
    "Reliability is not an issue with the 2005 Pacifica. Some early production 2004 models had bugs that have been eliminated."

How can you say that with a straight face? Xerogravity, Go read the problems forum and then see if that statement holds water. If you expect anything resembling Japanese reliability you will be very disappointed.
  • Options
    I agree. The dealer experience can make or break your vehicle ownership experience. Sorry about your having to wait so long for a headlight unit. Have you ever considered moving across the border? We can can always use another good citizen.
  • Options
    ingeniousguyingeniousguy Member Posts: 21
    Thus far I have almost 9,000 trouble-free miles on my 2005 AWD Pacifica Limited. Actually, I was quite surprised myself.... none of the problems mentioned on this forum has affected my vehicle. Maybe mine was built on a Wednesday instead of a Monday or Friday? :D

Anyhow, I couldn't ask for a better vehicle right now. Very pleased with "Goldie," however, if Chrysler decides to put in a Hemi for 2006, then it might be bye-bye Goldie and "Hello Sunshine 2006!"

:)
  • Options
    What kind of dismal gas mileage would you get with a Hemi in a PAC?
    8-10 mpg?
    It would get up an move though....
  • Options
    shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    "What kind of dismal gas mileage would you get with a Hemi in a PAC?
    8-10 mpg?"

Your post seems to ignore the fact that the 300C only gets 2 mpg less than the 300 Limited which has the exact same engine as the Pacifica. My guess is that a Hemi Pacifica would probably get 15/20 mpg City/Highway.

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    hayneldanhayneldan Member Posts: 657
    What kind of mileage does your Pilot get?
  • Options
    17-18 city
    20-21 highway
  • Options
    I have not looked at the specs but that 300 is not anywhere near the weight of an AWD PAC. In reality, I would think a Hemi Pac would get maybe low teens in city driving. However, I think it is a moot point because long ago I think I remember reading that a Hemi would not physically fit into a PAC...could be wrong but when I was very seriously about to buy a PAC that came up somewhere. Lots of discussion at the time about the PAC being underpowered.
  • Options
    shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    True enough, the Pacifica Limited AWD tips the scales at a hefty 733 more than a 300 Limited AWD, hence the fact that I reduced my guesstimate as to what mileage a Hemi Pacifica might get. Consider the following:

300C Hemi RWD -- 4,046 lbs. -- 17/25 mpg -- City/Highway
    300 Limited RWD -- 3,767 lbs. -- 19/27 mpg -- City/Highway
    Pacifica FWD -- 4,383 lbs. -- 18/25 mpg -- City/Highway

300C Hemi AWD -- 4,251 lbs. -- 17/24 mpg -- City/Highway
    300 Limited AWD -- 4,041 lbs. -- 17/24 mpg -- City/Highway
    Pacifica AWD -- 4,774 lbs. -- 17/22 mpg -- City/Highway

This is actually more information that I had when I made my guess as to 15/20, and oddly enough, this new information seems to indicate that as the weight and drivetrain complexity increase, the mileage of the 3.5 liter mill suffers much more than does the Hemi. So, would that mean that a Hemi Pacifica might would well get 16/22. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Best Regards,
    Shipo
  • Options
    rodut, I am proud to be the author of the most shocking statement you have read on the Pacifica forum..........at least you know I have read and analyzed all of your posts to come to the conclusion that I did........it was not a statement made in haste, I assure you...........

I did get my chance to give Chrysler some negative feedback on their silence regarding marketing the Pacifica. They might be waiting for some improvements to actually hit the dealership before they toot their Pacifica horn again...........
  • Options
    bjbird2bjbird2 Member Posts: 647
    My 2004 2WD base model Pac has had 30K trouble free miles, absolutely no problems! Maybe that's because it's a base model without all the options that come back to cause problems. It also gets better gas mileage than the 4wd version, and I've never been stuck in the snow with the 2wd.
    The dealer has been excellent, although we have only been there for the original purchase, and the free oil changes every 3000 miles.
  • Options
    Wow, lots of posts recently. The more the merrier !

Well steelydan ... actually I think I have two personalities only : happy, and pissed off ! From now on I plan to concentrate more on driving it and enjoying it, rather than criticizing it. It's a beautiful toy. I had installed the Mopar hitch on it (looks very sturdy, pipe style, 4 big screws on each side), and every weekend I put 4 bicycles on it, and go ride them around beautiful places. The kids love Pacifica a lot more since.

Thanks for the invitation turbanski. I was close to move in US because of the job. It could still happen. Life is not predictable. Canada is the 3rd country I lived in. US would be the 4th one.

Cheers
  • Options
    red04pacred04pac Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

My wife and I bought a new 04 Pac w/ AWD and put just over 10000 miles. No glitches or mechanically problems. We have a two children so the size is perfect. Get the DVD player and what is great the screen does not block the drivers view looking back through the rear view mirror. I am a car guy and the Pac handles and drives like a car, a must with me. Powertrain well before the Pac I owned a 00 Dodge Intrepid 3.2L w/ 4 speed autostick and put over one hundred thousands miles with no problems. Chrysler has improved their fit and finish to be put up against imports and the best compared to its american competitor. Go test drive one and check out the bells and whistles. Also winter driving is great and fun specially with the AWD.

Ok a car cannot be perfect, so one of the down falls to a all-wheel-drive 4800lb SUV is the gas mileage which is between 16-19 city/highway. I do drive some-what aggressive but it is still less than what is stated on the window sticker. They should have put a 5 speed auto which would have make it more like a car when accelerating and get better highway mileage with that extra gear. You will read/hear a lot about the view backing up but what SUV has good views backing up. Newer models have seniors, so get them if you need them.

I have read about Chrysler cars/trucks and owning them myself, one thing I do as a must is run synthetic motor oil. Also read the manual about the trans fluid and have the dealership do the transmission work if needed.
  • Options
    nuruc7nuruc7 Member Posts: 98
    I have a 2005 and I noticed as the mileage is increasing, my gas milieage is getting better. I have 24.5k on it and 4k miles ago it got worse gas milieage, now it seems to be increasing. Back at 20 - 21k I could go approximately 5 days between fillups with a combo of street and highway miles. Now I can go 7 days. I plan to take a longer trip soon essentially all Highway miles and I will try to squeeze 400 miles plus out of a single tank. I have an AWD :) .
  • Options
    xerogravityxerogravity Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the feedback...I've been reading the forums and the Problems forums can be a bit scary since every post is dedicated to "problems". It would seem that the PAC is NOT the vehicle to get. I'm trying to ascertain a realistic perspective on 2005 model reliability vs problem issues. It would probably be more helpful to have a forum for dedicated to problem free purchases as well :) to balance problems. Are there a lot of TSB's for the 05' model year?

Thanks all for your prior feedback.

X
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,155
    sarora1, "Honda Odyssey Owners: Problems & Solutions" #4832, 3 Jun 2005 5:56 pm
    nwbear, "Honda Accord Quality Control Issues" #3322, 3 Jun 2005 1:53 am
    qbrozen, "Honda Pilot Owners: Problems & Solutions" #1123, 25 May 2005 11:48 pm

In problems forums you're going to see mostly those with the problems. There are problems for Camry and call. Search in Browse by Topic and look at all the Problems discussions.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    nelsoncmnelsoncm Member Posts: 103
    Every car has something. Even Honda, Acura, Toyota. Buying a car these days seems to be a bit of a crapshoot. I'm considering a Pacifica also for my next car, after I drove one as a rental last weekend and loved it! I even thought about buying the one I rented from Enterprise as it had already been broken in, but was in great condition -- then you can even review service records. Maybe that's a way to go. But they all have problems these days.
  • Options
    All cars have some problems. What the forums will help you determine is if the "problems" are serious and widespread or just some issues here and there. At least in the first year and a half I would classify the PACs problems as widespread (many different quality issues) and serious (lots of major things wrong in steering and suspension, engine, and body construction).

If you look at the latest Consumer Reports the Japanese still lead the quality parade. American makes have made progress but still do not have the quality ratings of foreign autos.

DC is a great example of where the American makers are failing (yes I realize they are now German owned but they are still making all the cars in the Chrysler factories). Chrysler has had some very winning designs and ideas in the last year or so. The Crossfire, 300, Magnum and PAC are all very well styled. But the quality has lagged behind and continues to be an issue across the board for Chrysler. And if they are serious about positioning Chrysler as a luxury brand then the quality of the cars and the service at the dealers has to change drastically!
  • Options
    zspaczspac Member Posts: 2
    Hey rdout,

I am looking to buy a hitchstep/rear bumper guard for the 2005 Pacifica but it requires a 2" hitch receiver to be installed. I see that you have installed the Mopar hitch receiver. Can you describe all the parts (i.e. hitch, balls, etc.) that need to be ordered to install the receiver and how difficult was the actual installation?

I called the dealer and they estimated all the necessary parts to be around $5-600 since the hitch is $200 alone. Any suggestions on where to purchase the parts would be greatly appreciated also.

Thank you very much.
  • Options
    zspaczspac Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy a chrome hitchstep/rear bumper guard for the 2005 Pacifica that doesn't interfere with the rear backup sensors. I believe I found one from Go Rhino but it requires a 2" hitch receiver to be installed. Has anyone installed the Mopar hitch receiver. Can you describe all the parts (i.e. hitch, balls, etc.) that need to be ordered to install the receiver and how difficult was the actual installation?

I called the dealer and they estimated all the necessary parts to be around $5-600 since the hitch is $200 alone. Any suggestions on where to purchase the parts would be greatly appreciated also.

Please let me know if anyone is aware of any other chrome rear bumper guards for the '05 PAC that do not disrupt the rear backup sensors.

Thank you very much.
  • Options
    It's absurd zspac. True, the Mopar hitch (from the dealer) was about US$200, but the installation took 1.5 hours ! Actually it was supposed to take 1 hour only. Ask how much is their hourly rate. The total price should be US$200 + one hour labor.

The Mopar hitch looks sturdier than the other ones.

Actually I paid one hour of labor just to get the papers, not for the installation. If it ever flies in somebody's windshield, I will show the papers to the police. It's worth $80, trust me. Don't do it.

Just a friendly advice.
  • Options
    tjrusstjruss Member Posts: 14
    I too am getting 15.5 mpg on my wifes AWD Pac. I believe the build date is around 4/03, as well. I've been reading other posts of AWD owners getting 17 mpg and into the 20's.
    Is there something they improved on in the later models? Does anyone know of a fix that won't void warranty?

Other than the poor MPG, car has been flawless over 20K miles. Except of course for the poor visibility rearward, but that's to be expected...
    Thanks!
  • Options
    bluejacketsbluejackets Member Posts: 3
    We are looking for a new vehicle for my wife and we both really like the Pacifica. We went looking yesterday and the dealer had a new(never been titled, no miles) 2004 still in inventory. Every option is checked off: video, nav, heated seats, adjustable pedals, power liftgate, leather, chrome wheels, sat radio, sunroof and more. Without asking, they said that they would knock off $10k and the saleswoman said that they want to move it, so they would come down more. This is a $40k sticker and I think that I could get it for somewhere around $25k. What a deal, right? But then I started hearing about problems with the early models. This one was assembled in May 2003. It had to have been one of the first ones off of the line. Now I am somewhat torn. It could be the best deal ever :D , or it could be a piece of junk and more hassle than it is worth :mad: . I would appreciate your thoughts. If you own a very early 2004 model, I would really like to hear you experiences.
  • Options
    Hello, I believe mine was assembled in spring of 2003 , I bought it new in late January 2004, and the state inspection was done in July 2003. It had 111 miles on it when I picked it up.......

Frankly , I have my doubts as to whether you can actually get a loaded Pacifica for $25,000 (new), but hey, if they are desparate enough, then it's your lucky day...........

My experiences with this early model have been good, I have some minor issues that have or have not been resolved, and the one remaining issue (squeak in dashboard), is actually improving with age..........I have not had anywhere near the issues brought up on this website, frankly, I wonder some days if we are talking about the same car .........

I will say that there were a couple of recall notices that potentially effect drivability that were done on the early models, they were done either before or after I picked the car up, but I never had any problems with drivability.

I had the "squeaky dashboard " looked at, I think this is just an annoyance, and as I said, is actually decreasing over time. It seems to be temperature related, as it goes away in hotter weather.

I did have some slightly loose bolts (apparently not torqued down enough), that resulted in an intermittent "clunking " sound upon harder braking or accelerating, and intermittently at that. That was taken care of easily by the dealer
  • Options
    Hey, steelydan0613 again, I ran out of reply room.........

I bought this car new because I thought I could break it in properly, I change the oil, filters often, and I drive it like I will keep it for a long time.....I really liked the Pacifica, I still do, I think this is an idea whose time has come. The SUV craze is over.

Crossover vehicles like the Pacifica are an idea whose time has come. Are there improvements to be made? Absolutely. But I like looking at at the car inside and out , and I have not tired of it. It really looks cool :shades: , particularly the white one I have with the beige leather (great leather seats, by the way).

I think this care will easily go 100,000 miles or more, with 3,000 mile oil changes, and yes , I would buy another one. I just passed 23,000 miles in 17 months of ownership. I have taken care of it, and it has taken care of me..........

Hope this helped.......... :)
  • Options
    steelydan0613, Thanks for the response. Your input is most helpful. About my guess that I could get it for ~$25k, just keep in mind that this particular vehicle has been on their lot for over 2 years. It has $7500 in rebates and I figure another $3.5k to get to the Friends and Family discount, this is just below invoice. So with no haggling, the price would be about $28k. This is before any negotiations. The salesperson said that they were highly motivated to move it, so we may not hit $25k exactly, but somewhere around $26k for a 2 year old vehicle would not surprise me. Remember that the 2006 models are not far away. Anyway, I would love to hear more input on early 2004 models.
  • Options
    I have an 05 built in Aug of 04 that is rock solid. I would grab that early 04 if you can negotiate in the $25K to $26K range. Keep in mind that the the 36 month warranty does not begin until the vehicle is titled. Also, even if you do have a problem in the future (which I doubt), with the Pacifica they have to give you a decent loaner vehicle for as long as it takes.
  • Options
    thimmakerthimmaker Member Posts: 33
    My AWD was built in May,2003 and purchased in July of that year. It has over 50,000 trouble free miles other than a few minor things for an automobile, always tops 23.5 mpg on long highway trips and around 17 in the neighborhoods. I'm starting to look at new front brake pads although these still look thick enough, and its on its original tires which look to have @ 10k left on them. I installed the factory hitch myself for $175. Good fit and easy instructions including the pattern for cutting the "bumper" plastic. I,d recommend the car to anyone.
  • Options
    I agree, the depreciation alone is the most expensive cost of a new vehicle, and Chrysler is eating that for you... The warranty is very good, and as a new owner , you get a FREE loaner if ANY warranty service is needed. That's not a bad deal, I will say.

I drove in a Cadillac for one loaner (squeaky dashboard) and a new Dodge Durango for my only other loaner experience (paint chip on door) , and they took care of that by putting cool black door edge guards on all doors............

I put mud flaps on myself, a chrome exhaust tip, and a Mopar bug deflector that works great in the Texas bug season............

Nice car, this is one early production run that the pluses far outweigh the minuses, and the dealership, DeMontrond Cadillac/Dodge /Jeep/Chrysler in Conroe, Tx , never failed to satisfy.............and the coffee and pastries to boot.................YeeHaaaaa...............
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the responses. We are going to go with a Pacifica, we just have not decided which model year yet. If the 04 is still there when we go back then we will look into it, if it is gone then it was not meant to be. I would like a little more clarification about the loaner program. Is this for all Chryslers or just the Pacifica? Does it have to be from the dealer where the viehicle was purchased or can it be any dealer?