Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Mercedes Benz E-Class Prices Paid

Comments

• utc2utc2 Member Posts: 42
    rallo1,

Which dealers were you working with in SoCal and which one did you go with? It appears you were able to bring the MSRP price down by +/- 15%. Nice work. I'm not too familiar with the one pay lease option and was planning on purchasing the vehicle. Thanks for posting your details.

Do members of this forum believe 10%-15% off MSRP is reasonable for the E250 as well?? At this point with the imminent release of the E250 and increased demand, I don't believe that kind of reduction is out there but perhaps by winter when inventory builds it might seem like a reasonable price point. Thoughts?

Many thanks.
  • naveen381naveen381 Member Posts: 12
    With so many 2014's going for a great price; I am curious to know about the discounts on a 2013 E Class. I drove both the 2014 and 2013 and IMHO not much of a difference.

What are the discounts being offered on a 2013? Thanks again for all the input!
  • lexusbilllexusbill Member Posts: 59
    thx much for the detailed reply. those are the $ off which i was looking for. another poster also mentioned few pages prior he/she got ~16-17% off, but i will be happy with 15% off. do you know what was the MFactor?
    also did you work with their internet dept?
    it kind of depends on if you are looking to buy( cash vs finance) or lease.

if lease, 2014 would be the way to go usually
  • pingpong30pingpong30 Member Posts: 27
    Hi Rallo. What dealer in San Diego did you lease your car? eddie
    Has anyone recently traded in a 2011 E 350 Blue Tec, P 1 package? Pricing? Or does anyone have any info on auction pricing on the vehicle. Mercedes dealers in LA would not disclose auction pricing, while a local Porsche dealer sent me the complete list of Boxsters sold at auction to prove that his pricing was in line with the market.
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi Pingpong30,
    I just returned a 2011 E350 Bluetec this past Sunday to MB of Long Beach and leased a 2014 E350. The Bluetec is white with tan MB-tex, sport, P1, parktronic, split folding seats, etc. And it has <20K miles on it.

I recommend you call or email my salesperson with initials DD.

Cheers!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    If you want auction values, try posting here:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ee9c851/44139#MSG44139

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me what they paid you for the trade in? eddie
  • ghstudioghstudio Member Posts: 972
    The dealer won't be able to sell it to you unless you want to pay the (rediculously high) residual value. MB finance, for some financial reason, has to auction them off and eat the loss between residual value and real value. MB finance doesn't even give the dealers the opportunity to buy the cars for inventory at market price.
    Thank you. I confirmed that info today with the local MB dealer. A dealer in San Diego who I called about a used blue tec is discounting both the 2014 e 350 and e 250 diesel in excess of $10K. The e 350's are more heavily discounted than the new diesel.
    pingpong30,

Thanks for posting this information. Can you tell me what dealer in SD? Have you purchased in OC or LA before? I'm surprised they are deducting > 10k off sticker for purchase on the E250's in the SD area. I live close to Hoehn and I doubt they would do this. I think FJ, Keyes, Ontario, Silver Star, etc. have a better chance at discounting new purchases at that price point from their inventory given their larger volumes but I may be wrong?? Personally, I was considering waiting until the winter sales event however 10k off MSRP at this point sounds great!
    I believe it was Mercedes of San Diego - Penske Motors, however the salesman did not give me a firm quote just a discount range.

I also called Mercedes of Long Beach, CA.. I spoke to a salesman with the initials DD, Desmond?? He gave me complete information, exact discounted pricing, (which was in the discount range stated in my last email) lease payments. He told me that he would email me the info today. There are more incentives for purchasing than leasing, however the payments with just up fronts on a 36 month lease, 12k were in the mid 600's plus tax.

As you probably know, what a salesman says on the phone and reality can be night and day. This salesman sounded very knowledgeable, quoted me purchase and lease pricing without having to go to a supervisor, and seemed forthright. These new vehicles are out of my price point, however I hope this information helps you.
  • dewarsandsodadewarsandsoda Member Posts: 207
    Hi pingpong 30,

I'm in San Diego as well, and I've interacted with all three local dealerships with their sales directors (decision makers) on multiple occasions over the past 7 years. Based on my experience, I would be hard pressed to see any of them, particularly, MB of SD and Hoehn, offering $10k discount on an E250. Neither could even come close to the lease deal I got from Dez at MB of Long Beach on a 2014 E350 (see my posts in leasing). Frankly, both those dealers were rude and condescending and seemed aghast that I could actually do high school math.

MB of Escondido, particularly RR and MS, were quite nice. They ordered an E250 for me (P1, sport, Keyless go pkg, park assist, etc.), but the best that they could offer was $3K off list ($58+K list). Dez had ordered one for me as well ($59+K list) and offered a good discount and included MSDs, but it simply made more financial sense to go with the E350.

My two rupees.

Cheers!
    Just quoted me $48.6k on a E250 D. $59,090 Msrp. Amazing.....

BTW. I am a Dewars guy, but on the rocks. Enjoy your new car.
    Pingpong30/Dewarsandsoda,

Appreciate your feedback on these boards.

Dewarsandsoda,
    Did you work with any other dealerships in LA/OC? Is there anyone else you recommend locally? I am also reluctant to deal with any of the SD dealerships. Seems like DD in LB is an excellent option. Is your E250 from their inventory or a factory build?

Pingpong30,
    You scored a great deal. That over 10k off MSRP! Is this through DD at LB with a car in their inventory? What kind of packages/options did you end up getting?

Thanks guys.
    I have called almost every Mercedes dealership in LA, and have not had a good experience with any of them. All have refused to negotiate by email, requesting an in person visit to talk price. DD in Long Beach has been very open and receptive to phone and email quotes. The quote is for in stock vehicles, both E 250 and E 350. Below, I have copied the email I received from DD. This was his first offer to me. No negotiation, but this may be his best pricing.

Sir

Sorry about the typo in your name. hopefully I have it right now. I did get in touch with my used car manager. We did not purchase the 2011 E350 bluetec. It was sent back to Mercedes Benz Fiancial. Apparently their asking price was more than the cars actual market value. With regards to the 2014 E-Class we talked about, here is an accurate quote valid until the end of September:

2014 E250 bleutec polar white ext, silk beige int, premium package p1, lane tracking package, lane tracking package, comfort box, rear spoiler
    MSRP 59090
    Invoice 55716
    Price 48716 plus tax and license

2014 E350 sedan (gas engine) polar white ext, black int, premium package p1, sports package, split folding rear seats, elec trunk closer, keyless go, chrome door handle inserts, accessory styling package, comfort box

MSRP 59375
    Invoice 55981
    Price 48681

Please consider this sample pricing as I have many too chose from. I can pass on the same discount for any E350 or E250 in stock.
    hi, did you ended up with buy, or lease? thx if lease, pmt terms?
    I have not done anything yet. I sent this quote to another dealer and the salesman beat the price quoted in my last posting by about $450 for the E 350. The money factor and residual value should be identical for every dealership that finances an E 350 or E 250 through Mercedes Benz, so if you take the same purchase price to any dealership, with the same down payment, fees, lease term and mileage, the payment should be identical.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    Mercedes dealers are allowed to mark up money factors for extra profit, and many of them do...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,250
    Mercedes dealers are allowed to mark up money factors for extra profit, and many of them do...

Not just money factors - they also can mark up buy rate interest on auto financing. If the interest rate on financing through MBFS is 3.9%, there is a 1% mark up included in that rate which means the dealerships buy rate for that loan would be 2.9%.

Additionally on loans from MBFS, if you use direct withdrawals on your loan from your bank, you can save an additional 1/2 %.

2021 Genesis G90

yes. all of this is true, however that is part of your due diligence making sure you get the best rate. Going in informed and not letting the dealership literally screw you. That is why these forums are great so consumers can find information and not get taken advantage of.
    pingpong30,

I like your strategy of getting the lowest documented discount from the internet staff at LB and then basically letting the dealers fight over the giving you the best deal. I try to do the same myself and like you said it keeps the consumer from getting screwed.

Can you let us know who ended up beating you quote (dealership and initials of salesman)? Many thanks. I hope to use the same strategy and will share my findings with the forum as well. Thanks again!
    I am done shopping. Assuming this guy is legit, the best quote I have received is as follows:

MSRP: $59,200.00
    Cash Price: $47,370.00

My email to the salesman below. And he answered "Looks Correct" "Yes"

So on a 2014 E 350 with a MSRP of $59,200.00, you will sell me the car for $47,370.00? If purchased out of your stock? Please confirm

MB of Encino - Internet manager- Pat I would not make a trip into the dealership without something in writing signed by the general manager, or emailed paper work, ready to sign, with all of the numbers and disclosures right in front of you. I just don't trust anyone in auto sales, especially this Pat. Otherwise, House of Imports was $750 more and MB of Long Beach a bit higher.
    you might want to verify if the deal is for leasing, or buying? the reason being with purchasing, there is more incentive. btw, is the gent/lady's name PAT?
    It is for purchase. There is only a $3K incentive from Mercedes for lease. There is a $3K holdback that it appears the dealer is kicking into the discount. Pat is a male. Supposedly the internet manager.
    edited September 2013
    make more sense now, with purchase/financing( not leasing), the incentive is $5k. btw, what did the house of import quoted you? thx
    $750 more than MB of Encino. MB of Encino is the lowest in town. NO one will match the price on a purchase.
    were you able to get the final price confirmation?
    real. go for it. No one else will touch it. You can tell him you got the pricing from Eddie and confirm yourself. I told him that I had relayed the pricing to a few other people. Probably have until the 30th of Sept, then who knows what Mercedes will offer.
  • raysvaraysva Member Posts: 3
    2013 E350 4Matic Sport Edtion, Steel Gray withP1 pkg, Wheel pkg(r08), Sport pkg, Comfort box, rear trunklid spoiler. MSRP $60,915, and the dealer asks for $48,500 + TTL. Is it a good price?
    Is this 2014 E350 sedan (gas engine) a 4Matic one? with P1 & Sport pkgs? Thanks!
  • vegasdelightvegasdelight Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Afternoon all -

2012 E350 Luxury with 25k miles for sale by a non-MB dealer is asking $35,989. - AutoCheck shows the following:

1. Titled or Registered as a Rental Vehicle, or Part of A Rental Fleet.
    2. Left Front Impact Collision Accident Reported - Police Report. 02/2013 (no other information is provided regarding this accident report)

No title issues. Title shows as clean.

I test drove the vehicle, on highway and residential area, and the ride was smooth. The inside of the vehicle looks pristine. I observed the left front and no sign of damage to vehicle. Dealer did not have additional information regarding the accident but the "manager" informed me that it was at least 1k of damage.

I'm uncertain if he knew that b/c that is the minimum amount needed to be reported on Autocheck, or something else. I did not push the issue since my intent, for the day, was to test drive only. I plotted to hammer the accident report at the time of negotiation so I did not push the issue.

The vehicle has been on their lot for over three months. I've seen the price drop from $40,000 down to $35,998. I was going to offer them $34,000 including all "doc fees" etc., but not including tax.

Side note: Carfax does NOT show the accident that Autocheck shows.

Thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    edited September 2013
    hi, are you leasing, or purchasing? which dealer, or sales first name? thx

from what i gather, most dealer would do this kind of deal if you purchase/finance, NOT lease

wait, NVM, just saw it is a 2013 model
    edited September 2013
    It's a purchasing. Just curious if it's a good price to buy for this 2013 model. Or should I go with 2014 same model but pay for $5000 more.
    not sure of your area. unless you really like the '13 look, from what i read, you can easily get the 14 model for ~$2-3k more than the 2013, with more colors to choose from. $10k off msrp is what most are getting here in LA
  • sperrysperry Member Posts: 15
    Looking for some advice. I am looking at either a new 2014 E350 or a E550 Sedan. Really wanted an E550 Cabriolet but no 4matic! There is a 10k difference in price. Is that only for the engine difference? What else is different between the two vehicles?

Here are the prices I have received from dealers so far:

E350
    Diamond White/Chestnut brown
    Sport package
    Lighting
    Sport wood leather steering wheel
    Premium 1
    Trunk close
    keyless go
    split folding
    Heated and Active ventilated
    Active multicontour driver seat
    panorama roof
    115v outlet
    4matic
    driver assistance
    parking assist

E550 (same as 350) only option I did not add was airmatic. How much difference does it really make?

Lease Prices
    E350 24m 7500mi 71050msrp 63500 selling price 722/m 3300down
    E350 36m 7500mi 71050msrp 63500sp 721/m 4039down
    E550 24m 7500mi 77060msrp 70038sp 890.24/m 5982down
    E550 36m 7500mi 77060msrp 70038sp 783.36/m 6462down

Thanks.
  • diminisheddiminished Member Posts: 1
    If only it were as simple as hiring a licensed appraiser and submitting their automobile diminished value report to the insurance company. When prospective clients call us with questions, after they hear the answers, most of them disappear - never to be heard from again. St Lucie Appraisal prepares the best auto diminished value appraisal that can be obtained in any of the 50 states. We hate to turn away business but the cold hard truth is, regardless of the fact that you'll be submitting irrefutable evidence of how much value your car has lost after collision repairs, companies like Allstate, American Family, Farmers, Liberty Mutual, Nationwide, Progressive, State Farm, Travelers and USAA will still offer settlements representing a fraction the actual diminished value. Where do these people vanish to? Perhaps other independent appraisal companies promise huge settlements or maybe people become frustrated and meekly accept these lowball payouts but being dishonest about our customers' prospects is no way to do business. A more reasonable reality is that you'll need to make a formal complaint to your state's insurance department for unfair claims practices and, perhaps, go so far as hiring an attorney. But in the event your complaint escalates into a courtroom battle, you'll be asking for compensation for appraisal and attorney fees on top of your diminished value and there's a good chance you'll win! Why? Read on.

The automobile diminished value report you receive from St. Lucie Appraisal is based entirely on the opinions of used car managers at automobile dealerships. Was your Honda wrecked and repaired? Our report provides six quotes from Honda dealerships that specifically address your actual vehicle and the exact amount and severity of damage that was repaired. When people trade their cars in, those are the guys who buy them so their opinions are valid. Other appraisal companies providing diminished value reports may use formulas such as the inappropriate (as ruled by The Georgia Supreme Court) Rule 17-C or collect data from auto auctions to formulate their figures. I'm not guaranteeing success if you march into court with this type of appraisal. Insurers can successfully argue that they do not address your specific car or the damages it incurred.

The Georgia Supreme Court's ruling on the inequity of Rule 17-C laid the foundation for fair automobile diminished value settlements in all 50 states. Formulas such as State Farm's Rule 17-C severely shortchanged vehicle owners and, in doing so, provided themselves and other insurers using formulas to determine diminished value with unjust enrichment.

Subsequent to your accident, the adjuster from the responsible driver's insurance company will offer you a settlement for diminished value. If you ask them how they came up with the figure they will either point to a formula, a "certified" appraiser's report or simply refuse to explain their process altogether. I have seen the diminished value reports prepared by independent appraisers hired by insurers and they are a joke. They contain no reasonable facts to back up their assumptions. Most of them are not licensed in any state. Note that "certified" appraisers belong to pay-to-be-certified organizations, not unlike the Better Business Bureau and should not be confused with "licensed" appraisers. A number of insurance company attorneys have contacted St. Lucie Appraisal in the past to inquire about hiring us. Once they learned about our process of using dealer quotes, however, their interest faded quickly as they realized that our reports would result in higher (translation: fair) diminished value settlements. In front of a magistrate or mediator, these types of reports provide actual evidence of how much less your car is worth in the real world. Appraisals based on formulas or auction results can not compare. And insurance company diminished value estimates made up out of thin air (yes, they do exist) will certainly be looked upon as unfair at best and possibly fraudulent in the eyes of a judge.

Face it, even your own insurance agent or broker hasn't informed you of your right to collect diminished value from the insurer of the responsible driver. Regardless of the fact that the settlement isn't even costing your own insurer a dime, agents are mum on the subject altogether. Automobile diminished value is the newest thorn in the insurance companies' side. Their mission is to keep it a secret and their hope is that it will go away.
  • prolific77prolific77 Member Posts: 8
    I am buying my first Mercedes and it will be 2014 E350.

How much, at least discounts should I get ? percentage wise.

Thank you all.
    I was quoted $47,350.00 on a car with a MSRP of $59,200.00. MB of Encino.
    E 350. Incentives from MB change today so I am not sure if that same pricing is available. Up to Sept 30 Mercedes was giving a total of $11K in incentives to the dealer.
  • abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,250
    How much, at least discounts should I get ?

My suggestion is to build your exact car here on Edmunds. Add the options and packages you want. Edmunds will show you the MSRP, the invoice and what a decent deal would be for that car.

Take the invoice and a copy of the report Edmunds created for you to your preferred dealership. Offer them invoice for the car. They have incentives from MBUSA and if you are steadfast in hour approach, buying the car for invoice should be very realistic.

The average invoice is 7% below MSRP.

USAA has special pricing as well. If you are a veteran, you can join USAA. Once you have a membership card, you can go into the dealership and get up to $2500 off invoice.

But without fleet discounts like USAA, you should be able to get one at invoice.

2021 Genesis G90

Thank you so much for all your info.
    Wow, $11k off? Are we talking we abut 2014 E350? that's nearly 20% off.
    Are you serious? I would fly there if you are seriously getting that price...lol.
    Thanks.
    I am very serious. I have the quotes in writing from the dealers. The lowest discount that I was quoted was at Keyes European at $9,000.00 off a $59,200.00 vehicle. All of my quotes were on a purchase, not a lease. The lease incentives were $2,000.00 less. Again, Oct. 1 the incentives changed so that pricing may be gone?
    Man! Thanks. I am gonna call them and see. if the deal is still good, I am flying there. lol...
    Pricing from Lowest to highest

I don't know if you are serious but here is the info

MB of Encino - Pat - internet manager
    Fletcher Jones Mercedes
    MB of Long Beach - Dez - internet
    Keyes European -

All but Keyes - discounting over $10K
    Thanks pingpong30 for posting the local SoCal dealers who provided the best deals in September. If anyone hears about incentives this month in SoCal can then pass that information along as well. Thanks in advance.

I plan on purchasing an E250 between now and the end of the year and have heard that the winter sales event offers the best incentives historically, however I'm not sure if its going to get any lower than 20% off MSRP as it was in SoCal last month.
  • desimartindesimartin Member Posts: 10
    Hi, I am thinking about starting negotiations by email on an E350 ... Since you got great results would you mind sharing how you started your negotiation emails?

Thanks in advance :)
    pricing as I can. Being on this board is one way of finding out what others are paying. I then call a dealership to find out what dealer, lease and retail incentives are available. With that information, I will call a dealer and speak to the fleet department. It important that you talk to someone that can make a decision, not a pre-screener, so ask to be transferred to the manager.

From there, get a quote in writing by email. With that information in writing, you can use it to email to other managers in the fleet or internet departments to beat the price. You may have to call the dealership to get them to send you an email with the price. The salesman will try to get you to come into the dealership before giving you the best price, and if that happens just say that you are not going to waste your time coming in unless you have something in writing. That usually gets them to send an email. I was just called by the Mercedes dealer in Long Beach that the Mercedes retail and lease incentives are the same for Oct 2013, so pricing should be the same as last month. Use my info to negotiate a deal in your area. Incentives may be different in your region, so pricing may be a bit different, so do the best that you can.
  • desimartindesimartin Member Posts: 10
    Thank you so much for the response.

Do those prices include a USAA discount or something similar or could I use USAA on top of those prices?

Thank you again in advance.