Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Civic Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    newcivicguynewcivicguy Member Posts: 1
    Potential new Honda car owner here. Would appreciate some feedback!

I have the following quotes:

LX - $18,421 out the door (includes tint, paint seal, vin etch) I believe this is a $16994 car price.

EX - $20,133 out the door (includes same as above). $18594 car price.

I am working between a few dealerships, all of whom say this is very close to invoice (within a few dollars). Is it reasonable to think these prices could go any lower? Additionally, I have two dealers competing over the best price for an extended warranty. Is it reasonable to think I could get the warranty thrown in to seal the deal?

I am a patient guy and want the best deal. Anyone care to share thoughts or experiences that might help? Where can I negotiate more? What is a fair price for a 100k warranty (I have been told around $1200 for this - I am not impressed obviously)

Thanks so much!
  • Options
    mrgillammrgillam Member Posts: 3
    I realize this is being posted in the wrong forum, and I'm sorry to those of you who that bothers, I just haven't been to any of the others, and have gotten the most help out of this one. So, my question is this:

What is the difference in the stock muffler and the HFP one in terms of looks? When I made the deposit on my Si yesterday, it looked as though the muffler wasn't stock? The exhaust tip was oval in shape with NO inner cone(that's not the right term, but it ran directly into the muffler), where most stock exhaust systems have what I would describe as an outter and an inner casing from the tip looking directly into it. Thanks in advance for your help.

Matt
  • Options
    nascar9900nascar9900 Member Posts: 48
    I hope to buy a Civic EX Coupe towards the end of June.

1. Does anyone know when the supply of new vehicles starts to slow down? (I.e. when is the last month for production of 2007s?)

2. When do the 2008s begin to hit the showrooms?
  • Options
    dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    My daughter's 06 Civic sedan was built in either August or September of 2006 (I would have to double check to be sure) - she purchased it at the end of September last year.

I am thinking it was made 09/06.

Does that mean Honda will build 07 Civics until that late this year? I don't know. but I would say if you want to get an 08 you are looking at September and will probably be paying more for it.

BTW, the "good dealers" - the ones that will deal way down on price - are likely to run out or be in really short supply of cars near the end of the model year. The ones that do not deal low may have a lot to choose from, but STILL want too much money for them.

Dennis
  • Options
    kathyc1kathyc1 Member Posts: 138
    My EX was built in October '06 and is an '07. If I'd known that I would have asked for one built in 2007 instead.
  • Options
    Did you just get it? October to now is a long time for a Civic to sit on the lot.

Generally speaking:

The ones just off the truck may have the latest in-year updates and fewer test drive miles and less "lot rash" on them.

I assume Honda does free floor planning on new cars for the dealers? So they have xx days to sell them or start paying interest on them. This means if you pick a car that has been sitting the longest the dealer MAY be more inspired to give you a better deal since they are paying interest on it - rather than one new off the truck. One local Nissan dealership used to put a shoe polish * on glass of the ones that had been on the lot for more than xx days. Then the salesfolks could steer customers to the oldest cars, if possible.

Of course all this flies out the window at a high volume, deep discount store. They sell them as fast as they can get them in and nothing on the lot (unless some odd color or maybe a manual) is very old. The dealers who will not deal low may have a lot of stock to pick from and a lot may be old, but they probably will not make as good a deal as the low-dealing dealer will (which is why they have so many to choose from).

In any case, I don't this comes up much any more - but I think the Honda dealer gave us the oldest desert mist Accord when we got my wife's car :) . We did the deal over the phone and e-mail, I told them the trim line and color and they had it prepped when we got there. We test drove, signed papers, and left.

Dennis
  • Options
    Yes, I bought it on May 24. I didn't know anything about this until much later when I got home with it and started going through the booklets that came with it. The Pre-Delivery Inspection was done on 10/24/06 I guess in Canada from the Honda Service History booklet and then again on May 24. The bottom of the on-the-car price sticker says it went from Buffalo to Denver and then to the Honda dealer in Avondale which is outside of Phoenix. It had 224 miles on it and the salesman said he guessed because it had driven up from Phoenix, which would be around 100 miles or so. It's fine and I have the full 3 year wharantee, but it makes me a little angry they didn't say anything, though I guess they don't have to. I'm wondering if it was used as a demo or salesman's car. Could be it will have had any problems taken care of because of its usage prior to my buying it, but I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to let my dealer know I know what went on.
  • Options
    Everyone wants to:

1) Buy a new car with 0 miles on it
    2) Test drive extensively before they buy
    3) Get the right color and trim line

Hard to do all three of those together :D

The trouble is, if folks test drive the car your buy it will have miles on it. If a previous customer at another dealer has to have "their color" and that dealer had none, they swap cars with your dealer and they end up with a few more miles on the car since they (almost always) drive them to/from the dealer.

224 is really nothing, as long as the car was "perfect" when you got it (no scratches, dings, etc) you should be just fine. Any issues should show up well before the warranty is up.

The manufacture date should be on the plate inside the driver's door.

Enjoy your new Civic, it should be just fine - but just out of curiosity what are details (manual or auto, color, trim level) ? If your car was made that far back, it is strange to think it would sit so long unless it is some combination that not many folks appreciate.

Dennis
  • Options
    Dennis, it's that beautiful blue atomic color, EX, automatic, already had windows tinted and door edge protectors on. I'm not worried about the 224, part was my test drive and the 100 or so up from Phoenix. I'm just worried it sat around on some lot that long. There have been some complaints about rust and we had some pretty crazy rains during that time, though not many, and Phoenix has lots of heavy dust storms. I do love it and I can always get an extended wharanty as the 3 years run down. I'm surprised that it didn't sell if it was available.
  • Options
    BTW, the 2002 EX coupe I bought was 3 weeks old and they had trucked it up from Phoenix for me. Had 5 miles on it when I test drove it. But that was then and this is now.
  • Options
    editor2editor2 Member Posts: 64
    Sounds great, Kathy. I have a new EX Atomic Blue and love it, and it had some miles on it (in the 180s), brought in from another dealership. I tend to drive myself nuts with the little concerns, but we don't need to if the car itself is just what you want. Enjoy!
  • Options
    My daughter purchased an atomic blue EX sedan last year. The color was not her first choice before she saw the car, but we were getting a cheap discount deal from a volume dealer and they did not have a lot of color choices left. Once she saw the car she liked it and after living with it she loves it. I feel the same way, every time I see it I think "wow, nice looking car".

It could be that your dealer traded with a dealer that does not discount so they tend to have a bunch of cars on the lot for a while. Or maybe they just got in a lot of atomic blue cars at the same time?

Dennis
  • Options
    The blue was my first choice all along. I would have taken the white before I saw the blue, but hate the interior color. Thanks all for the words of wisdom. I do love the car and hope to have it for a long time. I was just surprised that it was so long before it was sold.
  • Options
    bergaminibergamini Member Posts: 45
    Does anyone have any recommendations on a dealership in MN, IL, northern IA, WI or IL that has offered good internet rates? My local dealership in Madison, WI -- Zimbrick -- wants list price of $17,555 on a '07 4-dr LX 5-speed MT. Wilde in Milwaukee wants $16,022 but they only have black in stock and I really want Royal Blue Pearl. I had a deal with Ed Napleton Honda in Oak Lawn, IL for $16,221 because they had the right color and then when push came to shove, they admitted that in order to buy it I had to pay $275 for mudflaps (I can get for $63 from H&A) and $100 for wheel locks (don't need on steel wheels). These then pushed the price to $600 more than Wilde in Milwaukee and frankly that's not worth it for the right color.

So, I need to buy a Honda Civic LX 4-dr 5-spd MT this week in the upper midwest and I'll take the bus to the right city for the right color and price. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    JM
  • Options
    I know a dealer and salesperson who will likely give you a nice deal, if they have what you want. Is 443 miles too far (Louisville, KY) for you? If not, e-mail me via my profile and I can give you contact info. I am sure they would pick you up at the airport if you chose to fly in rather than drive. Heck, I may be up that way getting a new car for myself in the next few weeks - if so I could pick you up :D

I got my S2000 from them, my daughter her Civic EX, my boss his Accord and his son's CR-V, and a number of other happy campers.

Dennis
  • Options
    mick16mick16 Member Posts: 5
    I've been getting Internet Quotes in the Detroit Area for a Honda Civic Si Sedan (no options).

I was quoted an out the door price of $22K by two different dealerships in the Detroit metro area. When I back out the taxes, destination, etc. from this price, this works out to be about $20,100 for the car.

Decent price or should I try to do better?
  • Options
    Invoice on the Si sedan without Nav and without summer tires is $20,182 INCLUDING destination. Your price with destination is $20,695.

Assuming all season rubber and no nav, this is a decent price. I was quoted $500 over invoice plus dealer fee from one dealer and another dealer quoted me just over invoice INCLUDING the dealer fee. So while you could probably do better, if your dealer fee is not high that is not a terrible price.

Keep in mind the Si qualifies for the cheap finance money from Honda, if it is available in your region. (time passes) Sorry, I checked with 48201 ZIP and Edmunds says no cheap money for you.

Dennis
  • Options
    I checked and he said:

we have a silver and black on the lot now. Have a Blue coming 6-20 from factory

So if you have to have it this week, no blue but they do have silver.

Dennis
  • Options
    mick16mick16 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the reply. That's BS if I can't get the 4.9% interest rate.

You'd think Honda would be more inclined to give special financing to promote sales in the Detroit area due to the bias towards buying domestic vehicles in the area.
  • Options
    jtwhitehousejtwhitehouse Member Posts: 8
    I am buying a civic in the twin cities minnesota. just wondering what people are paying in the region.

and, what is the deal with the internet price versus the one they quote if you walk in?

thanks
  • Options
    mikem14mikem14 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a new Galaxy Grey Civic LX 4 door sedan with Manual transmission in the Sacramento, California area recently and thought I'd share some details.

I originally wanted to get a Mazda 3i Touring MT, but I found the back seat a little small and the only color available right now is beige, which isn't for me.

I'll primarily use this car as commuter car and Consumer Reports said the manual transmission averaged 3 mpg higher than the automatic even though the EPA numbers suggest otherwise. So far, I'm averaging 31 mpg, which matches CU measurements. CU says the auto averaged 28 mpg.

I might occasionally haul my kids around, so safety is important to me. The Civic with standard side air bags achieved better gov't and IIHS safety ratings than the Mazda 3i without optional side air bags. This may not be a fair comparison, but Mazda 3i crash data with side air bags isn't available.

I wish the LX Civic had alloy wheels and it is cheaper to buy aftermarket wheels than upgrading to the EX or buying alloy wheels from the dealer. The Mazda 3i touring costs a little less the Civic and comes with alloy wheels. 4 wheel disc brakes would be nice too.

Here is some pricing info.

$ 16281 - Invoice price

$ 16066 - price paid ($215 under invoice)
    $ 55 - doc fee
    $ 1168 - sales tax (7.25%)
    $ 175 - CA state license and registration
    $ 17465 - total
    -$ 5000 - down payment
    $ 12465 - amount financed

$ 362 - monthly payment at 2.9% for 36 months.

Honda is offering special 2.9% financing for 36 months or 4.9% or 60 months in Northern California. 2.9% is cheap money!

The dealer was offering an even bigger discount on automatics because manual sedans aren't very common, but the manual feels a little more responsive, is fun to drive and costs less in terms of gas and purchase price. Resale value may be a different matter....

I hope somebody finds this info useful.
  • Options
    pds1pds1 Member Posts: 24
    Chris- I'm looking for that same car at that same price. What dealer is that? I am in NJ.
    Thanks
    PDS
  • Options
    medcatmedcat Member Posts: 9
    What would be a decent price for a sedan EX w/ Nav ?
  • Options
    Invoice with AT is $20,154. There are no known incentives in my area for Civics, but there is a regional cheap financing offered (2.9% - 4.9% for 24-60 months). I have not shopped for a Civic in months, but I would guess something close to invoice including the dealer fee would be possible. Nav equipped Civics are usually hard to find, so don't be surprised if the dealer wants to make more profit on the one they have. Now, if the dealer has several on the lot you should be able to get a smoking deal. Most folks will not pay $1,700 for a Nav system when you can buy a nice Garmin GPS for < $200 these days and XM will practically give you an XM tuner.

Dennis
  • Options
    joem5joem5 Member Posts: 201
    I want to put heated seats in a Civic,or Corolla? :)
  • Options
    davidcarrdavidcarr Member Posts: 5
    so is it possible to get a civic under invoice? i want a silver lx coupe

thoughts?
  • Options
    emaliepemaliep Member Posts: 5
    I looking at buying a Civic in the Denver or Colorado Springs area. I tried getting quotes online, but 1 of the 3 places I tried never responded to my messages, 1 sent me a quote and then stopped replying when I asked questions, and the third is giving me a quotes of:

Civic EX (no navi)
    $19,405
    This includes fees, but not tax or title. Isn't MSRP $19,510? That seems like a horrible deal.

Civic Hybrid (no navi)
    $22,695
    no tax or title, isn't that over MSRP?

I'm looking to purchase it sometime between the 24th and 28th of June, which I thought would be a good thing. I will only be in the United States for that long, and this car is for my wife. We won't be financing, I don't want all the dealer options, since I really don't like the looks of pin striping. I purchased a Honda in the Washington DC area in 1998 (my first new car), and hated the experience, I hope this won't be the same.

Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    Supply and demand determines prices. Gas goes up, hybrids now SEEM to be worth the extra money so dealers sell for full price or even jack the price up over MSRP.

I usually use www.carsdirect.com as a barometer of pricing. I can put in my zip code or any other zip code and get what dealers are offering customers for the car. In my area the Civic Hybrid base is showing $1,000 over full MSRP or $24,195 and $19,605 for the EX with auto.

I put in a Colorado Springs zip and got $22,796 for the hybrid and $19,499 for the EX with auto.

These prices would not include dealer "doc" fees which vary from dealer to dealer, but do include the car and destination.

Say the average person drive 15,000 miles per year. If you averaged 35mpg in the EX (which may be possible) that is 429 gallons. If gas gets to $4 per gallon that is $1,716 per year.

If you could average 50mpg in the hybrid (which is not likely in real world driving) you would need 300 gallons at $4 each or $1,200 worth of gas.

So each 15k you save $516 - assuming you can really get 50mpg. The difference in the CS quotes for the two cars is $3,297 not counting tax. Saving $516 a year it would take you 6.4 years (96,000 miles) to save in $4 gas what you spent extra on the hybrid. Since gas is currently $3 a gallon (here) it would take about 128,000 miles to break even. If gas hit $5 per gallon then 76,800 miles.

The battery and IMA stuff has an 8yr 80k warranty (more in a few states) than can be extended by HondaCare to 8yrs, 120k for < $1,000. But at some point the battery will need to be replaced and the cost would eat up any savings you have received. The resale value of hybrids is unknown and if you have a used hybrid with lots of miles and the original battery you will be hard-pressed to get a good price for it, since the battery replacement will likely be so high.

Unless you drive a ton of miles, I would get the EX. Proven car, still gets good mileage, proven resale. The hybrid premium is still to much for me - for sure when my local dealers want MSRP + $1k.

Dennis
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply. I wouldn't be looking at the hybrid to save money. If gas prices weren't so high I would still be looking at them, but I'm not willing to pay extra because it is the popular thing to do.

I sent replies back to all 3 dealerships with prices that I would be willing to pay, but with the wonderful services I've received so far (only 1 real quote from the 3 dealerships) I don't think I will have much luck. Maybe I will try a couple more to see if anyone else has better service.
  • Options
    punkr77punkr77 Member Posts: 183
    Currently in the process of buying a Civic Si. Down here in Houston the Si's are hard to come by. Getting a Red one with Nav will mean a long (months) wait. Seems, although the brochure is full of pictures of nav equipped cars, only 5% of them actually have them.
  • Options
    You can get an XM tuner for practically $0 from XM, you can get a Garmin GPS for < $200 on sale. Not intergrated and not voice controlled (and those prices) but s TON of money cheaper.

I assume you are looking at the coupe? The same dealer that would sell me an Si sedan for $500 over invoice would charge me MSRP or more for a coupe. If it were me, I would go test drive a sedan and see how you like it :D

Here, either Si model qualifies for the cheap financing offer - another reason to get an in stock Si w/NAV and do the cheap money. This is a regional offer so may not apply to you.

Dennis
  • Options
    Actually, we are looking at a Sedan. Just got back from puting a depsoit down. Should be getting our ralley red sedan (minus nav) in a few weeks. Think we're going to spend the difference between the Nav equipped one on a few accessories (ipod adapter, fog lights, etc).

We also qualified for the cheap financing, but we're not financing much of the car (around $5k), and my bank (which I absolutly love) came withing a few $'s a month, so I'm going to stick with the bank.
  • Options
    I just got another email back explaining the prices charged. They said in the US the invoice price does not include a $595 Destination charge, and a $175.55 advertising fee. So they say the actual invoice on a Civic EX, Auto, non-navi is $18,729.12. I just wondering if this sounds correct. I just see people paying prices that way lower than this on this site, so I am just trying to figure out how people are doing it.

They also brought up the interested paid for cars, doesn't this only come into play after the car has sat on the lot for a certain length of time?

They did inform me that since my first email the price has dropped $200 to $19,205 plus tax and title.

Another note, I don't want to bring up dealer hold back in price discussions, but in the message I received I would say 50% of it was about how they need to pay for eletricity, pay lots of people like lot techs, mechanics, clerical staff, and it went on and on. I don't want to get a guilt trip about how Johnny won't be able to feed his family if I don't pay at least some amount over invoice.

Thanks
  • Options
    editor2editor2 Member Posts: 64
    Denver must be a little different market. In late May I paid $20,367 OTD: $18,850 before taxes, doc fees, and title. Some here did a smidge better than that. I paid no advertising fee (and I would not get into a dealer's insurance or other overhead issues in the negotiation, because you don't have to).
  • Options
    I would go to carsdirect.com and put in a CO ZIP code (or several different ones) and see what prices come up. If you see one that looks good, enter your contact info and "in theory" a dealership will contact you and sell you the Civic for that price plus (maybe) a dealer fee.

Go to Edmunds.com and do the price with options on the Civic you want, put in a ZIP code for the area you want to get the car. After you have the Edmund's "what others are paying" price there should be a link to click to get dealer quotes. Click it and put in your contract info. One or more dealers should contact you will prices.

In some areas I guess their may be an ad fee and it might be listed on the invoice. In those areas, getting a car "At invoice" means you pay that too.

If you don't have any luck with good prices, then expand your search to other areas. Where else could you pick up the car?

Dennis
  • Options
    I went to Edmunds and checked, the price they have does have a regional price increase that is about the same as the advertising fee. The person who sent the email, said I could see the invoice, and it will show the advertising, and destination charge as the amounts I was told.

The idea of going to a website to see the prices paid in an area, to me seems like that should be the average price, so you should be able to get below average. I'm sure there are other people who pay more than that.

The problem with Colorado is after you get outside of Colorado Springs or Denver you usually need to go a long way before you get to much else, and I can't imagine a high volume Honda dealership within a couple hundred miles. I don't know how far I would be willing to go if they are currently only coming in at less than $500 over the invoice they show. I guess if other locations had lower fees the invoice price could be lower. If anyone knows of a good dealership within 200-300 miles of Denver I would be willing to travel about that far. I did contact a dealership in Colorado Springs that had a lower price by about $200, but I haven't found out exactly what was included in that price.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    aviator48570aviator48570 Member Posts: 9
    I'm about to enter negotiations for an '07 Civic LX within the next few days and was wondering if anyone has heard of a price range others are paying for this vehicle. I was researching on Edmunds and got an estimate of about $17,400, which I believe is over $1000 above the dealer invoice. Does anyone else have a different price range they've dealt with or have a friend who got a Civic for less or more (with regards to the "out the door" dollar amount)? Thanks, this new car buying experience has me wired, lol!!
  • Options
    shiposhipo Member Posts: 9,148
    You don't believe that a dealer should make $1,000 off the sale of a car?
  • Options
    Something I use as a "rule of thumb" when dealing with cars is how many the dealer has on the lot. If there's a bunch, you should be able to get it for less than average. If there are few, then they'll likely be less likely to deal. If they only have one or two, or have to order it, be ready to take it in the shorts.

This is especially true with high volume cars like the civic, accord, etc. It's kind of like flipping a house, the faster you move the cars, the better, since they're paying the manufacturer interest.

What's selling (and what kind of a deal they'll offer) also varies a lot, depending on where you live. A dealer in farm country may have a heck of a time selling a S2000, while in suburbia the dealer may not be able to get their hands on them fast enough. Here in Texas, they've got cheap loan incentives on Civics, probably because people love their trucks and SUV's down here.
  • Options
    elwood4elwood4 Member Posts: 3
    I'd like to know the same thing!

In Twin Cities
    Dealer is willing to give me 17355$ for a 2007 Honda Civic LX automatic

Not including taxes, docs,title, and license
    Edmunds.com says $17655
    BUT invoice 16349
    And "what others are paying" is $16987
    And Edmunds says:the invoice price is almost always higher than the amount the dealer actually ends up paying to the manufacturer. "

So, Am I getting a decent deal or not?
  • Options
    When you dance you have to have a partner - the same is true with getting a deal. Some dealers do not deal low, other do. It is also called a negotiation for a reason, they offer you one thing and you counter with a lower offer, etc.

Most of the time now if you go through the dealer's "internet department" they will know your are savvy to the invoice costs, dealer incentives, cheap leases, cheap financing, and even (gasp) hold back. That means they will normally shoot your a nice price right off the bat. You may can bargain them down some, but they will not normally give you a price way over invoice to start with.

So if your dealer is starting with a high price and not willing to drop it to what others are paying, then find another dealer. If contact a dealer and their first offer is real high and has a whopper "doc" fee, I usually don't bother with them any longer. When you find one of the good ones the whole process is really simple - they give you a bottom line price that does not have much fluff in it, right from the start.

Dennis
  • Options
    I gave the invoice price just as a reference so no one would have to look it up themselves. I wasn't commenting on the dealer's profit margin.
  • Options
    punkr77, thanks for the info! You make a good point with regards to the ability to deal with those dealerships with greater volume of inventory. I'm lucky from the standpoint that I have a dealership I can go to with a huge inventory, and another one with only a few Civic LX's, so I'll probably be able to see first hand what you're talking about. Thanks again!
  • Options
    I'm not familiar with the market in your area, but that's the exact starting MSRP for the same car here in Florida ($17355). Personally, I'm looking to seal a deal on a Civic around 18 flat out the door. That means they have to come down $1000ish on the MSRP. One of the dealerships I've talked to was willing to do this, but I'm still going to talk to another one to see if they can beat that. I had a friend buy an '06 Civic LX with spoiler for just over 18 flat out the door, so I know it can be done. If I were you, I'd try to get that one lower and keep looking at other dealers in case that one doesn't come through, if that's possible in your situation. The only thing to keep in mind is that the Twin Cities gives the dealer a huge population base to pull its customers from, meaning they can probably sell at higher prices. I come from a smaller town, requiring the salesman to actually make a good proposal.
  • Options
    I am also buying a Civic in the twin cities. Is the $17355 MSRP? Furthermore, what dealer?
  • Options
    Something I use as a "rule of thumb" when dealing with cars is how many the dealer has on the lot. If there's a bunch, you should be able to get it for less than average. If there are few, then they'll likely be less likely to deal. If they only have one or two, or have to order it, be ready to take it in the shorts.

The trouble with your "theory" is that in my experience the dealers that will deal tend to have few cars sitting around. They blow them out cheap as soon as they get them and can't afford (due to small profits on each deal) to have them sitting around.

Cases in point: when my daughter was looking for a Civic EX last year near the end of model year, the place that would do a $300-400 over invoice (a good deal at the time) had 2 colors to choose from and 3 cars total. The local dealers who would not come off of full MSRP had tons of cars. Same is true when I got my 05 S2000 - my local dealerships had many to choose from and would not deal, the dealer that sold me mine for invoice had 2 or 3 left. The local dealers STILL had tons of them on the lots months later when I was in for an oil change.

So what I normally find in the opposite - find a dealer with little stock and you will find one that moves cars. Find one with lots of choices and you will be looking at a high price and probably a high doc fee.

Dennis
  • Options
    sanativegirlsanativegirl Member Posts: 1
    Help, I'm in the same boat. I'm in San Antonio and got a quote of 17.295. I asked if that included dest. chg and it does. How do you know that is 1000 over invoice? If I ask for the invoice, will it show 17,295 or 16, 295. I only buy a car every 7 years or so, because I'd rather have a root canal. I dont mind them making a profit, I just want a great deal. Are those online places that charge 40 bucks worth using to get invoice or not? I also have a trade in 2000 Ford Explorer Sport that is in fair condition.
  • Options
    court2court2 Member Posts: 1
    I am also shopping in the San Antonio and Austin area. I am also looking for a competetive offer on an LX coupe. Has anyone purchased for about 16,500 including destination charges?
  • Options
    free2thinkfree2think Member Posts: 1
    2007 Honda Civic LX Coupe AT

Just agreed on a price w/ a dealer. I will pick it up tomorrow and do the paperwork. I e-mailed local dealerships for price quotes before I even went.

I live in California (Bay Area) 8.25% sales tax.

After much haggling and stressful negotiations, we agreed on $17,700 OTD. I think that's a pretty fair deal.

We'll see what happens. I told them if they add more fees tomorrow, I will walk.

My Advice: Go to carbuyingtips.com and read their New Car Buying Guide!
  • Options
    elwood4, could you please tell me which dealer so I can leverage my purchase with this info. A dealer in Brooklyn park is trying to give me $1000 over the MSRP you quoted.