Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• coshawcoshaw Member Posts: 2
    Hi kyfdx,

Is there any change on Sep leasing numbers? I am interested to know the residual and mf for 2014 limited 4x4 10K 36mo. Based on your last post, I think it is 56% and 0.00008. Do they apply to Sep also?

Thanks much!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    2013 Overland 4WD... .00012 and 46% for 39mo/12K... same residual for 36 months (so go with 39!!).. Add 1% for 10K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

2014 limited 4x4 10K 36mo

.00017 and 57% residual

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• teachmathteachmath Member Posts: 3
    Judging from the deal I got last month on my JGC Limited I would recommend you keep shopping. I used a DIY Dealer Report from Inside Car Buying and the process was effortless. I would suggest you look into this - :)
  • s2kromas2kroma Member Posts: 9
    I never leased a car before, purchase only. I own 2012 Passat (finance through VW) and still own money on it. If I would trade in my 2012 Passat for 2014 JGC limited how would that work? What about tax that I paid on the vehicle when I purchased it? Will that apply to my new Jeep? How much should I be paying monthly on the 2014 JGC Limited 4x4 pretty much loaded MSRP around $46k? Dealer is selling it for around $42k.
  • alldayleoalldayleo Member Posts: 11
    Hey teach math,

What were your numbers? How much did you end up putting down at signing, and how much are your monthly payments?

Thanks for your help!

Leo
  • mctwist937mctwist937 Member Posts: 1
    How is this deal? Theyre giving me 1500 more for my trade than my other offers

2014 Limited, plus Nav, Sunroof, and 20 Inch Wheels
    MSRP - $41775
    Invoice (Selling Price) = $39865
    39 Months
    10K Miles
    $449 per month with $983 (fees and first only upfront, $0 down)

I tried this using 0.56 and 0.00017 but my numbers were slightly off so maybe they are wrong.

Good or bad deal?
    Thanks, appreciate it.
  • traderbtraderb Member Posts: 38
    Looking at the above posts, is there really a 10% difference on the residual values between the limited and overland? Please confirm.
  • af51382af51382 Member Posts: 2
    How is this deal:

2014 Limited with the following options:

Navigation
    Tow Hitch
    Luxury Group II

MSRP: $43,985
    Selling Price $40,714
    Inception Fees: $1,836.60
    Adjusted Selling Price of $42,550.6

No Money down and $490 a month for 39 months
  • ax82ax82 Member Posts: 2
    Hey AF, can I ask what annual mileage you are getting for that price? Sounds like a good price though..
  • af51382af51382 Member Posts: 2
    That's with 12 thousand miles per year.
    For 2014 GCherokee 4WD, I show 8% difference between the Limited and the Summit editions on 36 month leases...

Different mileage allowances could make up the rest..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• ax82ax82 Member Posts: 2
    Hey would you mind helping me out? I moved out of NY recently and was hoping to find a similar deal in Atlanta but their numbers are way off. Do you know what I should pay for a GC Limited with Nav and Sunroof with a 36mo / 15k mile allowance?
  • traderbtraderb Member Posts: 38
    Thanks kyfdx. Can you give me September numbers for a limited 4x4 and overland. 36 month, 12k miles. I am in NY. The numbers my dealer gave me are much different than I have seen here.
  • diggssssdiggssss Member Posts: 20
    Is a lease end disposition fee of $395 negotiable or standard protocol?
    2014? 36mo/12K/yr NE region

Limited 4WD.. .00017 MF and 56% residual

Overland 4WD... .00009 MF and 52% residual..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• stoaviostoavio Member Posts: 15
    edited September 2013
    I have seen a few of these posts on the boards and I have to say, each endorsement reads like it was written by a company shill. They are written with the same tone, touch on the same things: how effortless the report was to buy, how the dealers have all heard about DIY Car Buying Reports and think they're the scourge of the business because they save consumers so much money, and how you have the option of talking to the guy behind the site once you purchase your report.

The formula for each post is practically the same. The website even smacks of sort of a scammy operation. I notice the people writing these effusive endorsements are also newly registered members on the boards and have limited post histories.

What's the deal here. Anyone else know anything about Inside Car Buying (DIY)

http://www.insidecarbuying.com/car-buying-services/diy-dealer-report/
  • alldayleoalldayleo Member Posts: 11
    What do you guys think?

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
    Sunroof
    8.4/Nav
    20 inch wheels

$41,795
    36 months/15K
    $400 monthly payment
    $2500 due at signing includes taxes, dmv, etc
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy Member Posts: 95
    Wanted to post a reply only after a few of my customers brought this post to my attention. Our business is not a scam by any means. We are the true advocate for car buyers and our one goal is to help consumers get the best price for a new car. I am aware that several of my customers have posted about their deals through our DIY Dealer Report on these forums. Because of this, when a new customer from these forums approaches me and asks what they can do to show their appreciation, I kindly ask them to go back on the forums and post about their great experience. Some of these customers have to create a profile at that point to actually post on the threads I assume. It’s consumers helping consumers and of course I greatly appreciate the testimonials. Hope this clears things up. Should anyone have questions about our services feel free to reach out. We would be happy to go through the process and explain our business model.
  • jeszabojeszabo Member Posts: 7
    kyfdx - Can you please share the same information on MF and residual (2014 Limited/Overland - 36mo/12K/yr) for California - San Jose?

Thanks!
    jeszabo
    Same number for California..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• milesgoldmilesgold Member Posts: 1
    Hi, anyone have accurate current money factor and residual value for 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit ?

Thank you
  • stoaviostoavio Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for your response. If that's the case, I'm going to purchase one of your reports and put it to the test! I am getting ready to lease a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited and have already done extensive research. I have built an Excel spreadsheet using refreshable web queries that polls data from multiple sources, so I can compare my deal to what others are getting. It also calculates several other lease specific values for me. I would like to see how your data compares and find out if it gives me any advantage I may not have.

I will happily follow up in this thread with my experience on your service, since you took the time to diplomatically respond to my inquiry.

Thanks,
    Mason
    .00013 MF and 46% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• carmike71carmike71 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, can anyone provide any recent deals they got on either the overland or the limited? I'm interested in both with the 20 inch rims, and the navi.

In terms of engine, i'm open to the hemi, as well as the standard v6 as well. I appreciate any posts related to deals you've recently received.

Thank you
  • jeszabojeszabo Member Posts: 7
    kyfdx - I'm assuming the dealer will not offer me this rate and there is some negotiation that needs to happen to get this number. Am I correct?
    Chrysler Capital allows dealers to mark-up the money factor by .00042 maximum... They can also mark up the base acquisition fee of $595, but I'm not sure of the maximum, there...

I'm not all that familiar with Chrysler dealers, so I'm not sure how prevalent that is...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• vdubbed81vdubbed81 Member Posts: 1
    Hey CarMan,

I'm in the market for a 2014 JGC limited with the luxury 2 option added. I sat down at the dealership the other day, and was quoted a long term lease as follows:

54 months @ $567 with no money down
    or
    54 months @ $547 w/$1k down

* The point of the long term lease is to get me into the car for a decent monthly price as I will be putting considerable miles (25K/yr) on the car and will be buying and selling it at the end of the term. I also have a 2012 Volkswagen GLI Autobahn edition that I owe approx: $20,600, and the dealership is willing to give me $17,000 for it.

I've never leased before, is this remotely good? Run far away from this deal?

Thanks!
  • lepialepia Member Posts: 45
    Mason,

Would you be so kind to share the spreadsheet you created. It must be very helpful doing comparison. Having it on paper has proven to be a pain.
    Thanks,
    is the residual value, 46% correct?

I saw another post from kydx stating that the residual value for overland was 52%.
    Please clarify,

Thanks,
    Overland and Summit.. two different models, with different residuals..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• fsunole1fsunole1 Member Posts: 8
    Can I get the MF and residual on a GC Summit. I would like to know the numbers for both 12k and 15k miles and also the difference between 24/36/39 months. Thank you!
  • bjthegamebjthegame Member Posts: 3
    About to lease a 2014 JGC Limited, MSRP $43190.
    39months, 15k miles a year, $1000 down (inc. 1st payment) = $480 month.

A lot of people here are asking about MF and Residuals? Am I wrong that each leasing company sets their own parameters? I've gone to about 5 different dealers, and everyones interest rates and residuals are different b/c they all use different lenders. (Some overlap, but each dealer also seems to have access to a few lenders that others dont)

Thoughts?
    "the MF and residual on a GC Summit. I would like to know the numbers for both 12k and 15k miles and also the difference between 24/36/39 months."

24 month MF is .00010. Residual is 56% for 15K/yr, 57% for 12K/yr

36 month MF is .00013. Residual is 46% for 15K/yr, 48% for 12K/yr

39 month MF is .00013. Residual is 45% for 15K/yr, 47% for 12K/yr

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

THANK YOU. My dealer has mentioned that there may be a change tomorrow with the programs? He also said it may stay exactly the same.
    My initial reaction is that this sounds pretty good. I think others on this forum would tell you to get the MF and residual so we get further analyze and see if there's more wiggle room.
    About the lender question. Did they give you the names of the financial institutions? I'm not that familiar with Chrysler's lease programs. I know when I leased my GM vehicle there were two financial institutions GM dealers used and the MF/Residual would vary slightly depending on which one was used. What area of the country are you getting the above mentioned deal?
  • bjthegamebjthegame Member Posts: 3
    MSRP: $43,190
    with 15,000 miles per year $1000 down you are looking at $480 a month for 39 months. (this includes lease conquest)

The money factor is .00112 and for the residual for the 39 month lease is 49%.

I am in the Boston, MA area...
    Every dealer is using different lenders with different MF, residuals, and rates. The common ones are Chrysler, Ally, Harbor One...
  • nugfan19nugfan19 Member Posts: 1
    Can someone please post the money factors and residuals for 2014 limited and overland models for 10,000 and 12,000 miles and for 36 and 39 months. Thanks!
    2014 GC Limited 4WD
    .00017 MF and 56% residual for 36mo/12K.. add 2% for 10K/yr.. subtract 2% for 39 months..

2014 GC Overland 4WD
    .00009 MF and 52% residual for 36mo/12K... add 2% for 10K/yr.. subtract 1% for 39 months..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• xulxul Member Posts: 6
    edited October 2013
    Got a 2014 grand Cherokee overland V6, MSRP : 47190 Sales price : 42183 36 months 10,000miles/yr $0 down payment , $610 per month tax include . Only paid DMV and first month payment now. Is this too much??? Can it be better ?
    Seems high to me especially for 10k miles. What is the money factor and residual they quoted?
    He didn't say. The tax is high here in NY, 8.875% . Her offer price was 649 per month . How much per mouth suppose to be ?
    I saw here someone said the MF is 0.0009 and residual is 54% for overland 10,000/yr . Does anyone know if the sales able to mark down the bank fee ?
    ok, now made the deal done : tried another dealer :

NYC area

MSRP: 47190
    cost price:40360
    MF : 0.00009
    cost at the end of the loan : 24316,
    39month ,
    10k/yr

Everything included: 565/month

Paid first month, 97.5 registration fee, DMV for 2 yrs

How's the deal ? Good or bad ?
  • fbaezfbaez Member Posts: 2
    If you dont mind xul can you please share the dealer, im currently looking for the same deal.
    edited February 2014
    East hills,[Phone number removed]
    Hi all,
    I am looking to lease a Grand Cherokee Summit 2014 with a MSRP: $52,585.00. 10K/YR, 36months.

One dealer already quoted me $685 a month no money down. 1st sale person said the Residual was 53%. A second sales rep said it was 51%. I went to another dealer and the residual was not shared, but he gave me a MF of 0.0168. weird!.

Neither dealer wanted to disclose discounts. -Can't do business like that.

Can someone share his/her findings on a similar vehicle? I did my own numbers and I came up with the following figures:
    2014 Cherokee Summit MSRP: $52,585
    $658.00 a month everything included. Only pay at sign 1st month and DMV. I am basing my numbers on the following: 52% residual, MF:0.0009. CAP COST:$46,500.00

Is this a good number? can I get a cheaper price? or Am I reaching with the amount I calculated?

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,
    You can make the total price to 46,000, monthly included everything should around 640 or 650 would be a really good deal. Try 39 month, u can return at the 36th month anyway. My dealer told me that they don't really do 36 anymore, so they make 36 lots more than 39
    Congrats! It seems like all the dealers in the NE are able to give the best deals! Does anyone know if you can lease from a dealer in a different region and have them flat bed the vehicle to you? This is a quote I received yesterday... not happy... with $2,499 due at signing...

On Jeep Overland:
    With Ally Financial Lease is where you get the extra $3,000 rebate to get the total of $5,000 + $1,000 for lease conquest
    With Ally Lease quote came out to be with 15K per year was $699 per month (Rate – 8.08% / Residual – 52%) / with 12k per year was $677 per month (Rt – 8.08% / Rs – 54%)
    With Chrysler Capital it is only $2,000 total off +$1,000 for lease conquest, but works out better for this particular vehicle being 15K per yr was $646 per mo (Mf - .00054 / Rs – 47%) / with 12K per yr was $622 per mo (Mf - .00054 / Rs – 49%)
This discussion has been closed.