Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Lease Questions

Comments

• aman27aman27 Member Posts: 50

Hello there,

I am looking lease a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland with the following configurations. Unfortunately, I do not have the details like MF, Residual, etc but i wanted to see if my deal was in line with what everyone else is getting.

• 2014 Jeep GC Overland
    • MSRP: $49,185
    • Advanced Tech Group
    • 10k x 36 months
    • 1st month ($559), DMV, Doc Fee ($391)

I received this price quote from East Hills Jeep in Long Island, NY.

I have already given a deposit on the car so your urgent reply would be very appreciated.

Thank You.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725

@rockchalk1988 said:
    Looking for a 2014 GC Summit 4x4 V8, 15K/yr, 36 and 39 month RV and MF (in Georgia). Thanks for your help.

.00013 MF and 46% for 36mo, 15K/year lease. 39 month residual is 41%.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

@jpnineballer said:
    Looking to lease a 2014 grand Cherokee overland 4x4 nav. Looking for money factor and residual for 24-36 month lease. Texas so also if tax credits are available. Plus whatever incentives are out right now.
    Thanks

.00009 MF and 50% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr lease

No info on incentives or the Texas tax credit.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• aman27aman27 Member Posts: 50

Kyfdx,

What is the MF, Residual on a 2014 Jeep GC Overland for 10k, 12k?

The offer that East Hills in Long Island is offering me is $559/36mo/10k is that a good deal ? MSRP : $49,185

2014 GC Overland 4WD 36mo, 10K/yr lease

.00009 MF and 52% residual. Subtract 1% for 12K/yr

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• haleew02haleew02 Member Posts: 18

Can I please have the MF and Residual on a 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited 4X4 in New Jersey for 10k/yr for 36 and 39 months? Thanks!

.00008 MF and 56% residual for 36mo, 10K/yr lease.

The 39 month term is not good for this model, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Thanks for the info. Is this residual percentage only applicable to chysler financial or will it be the same for independent leasing companies as well?

Those numbers are only for Chrysler Finance

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

edited January 2014

Thanks for the help kyfdx! I just leased a 2014 Limited 4x4 10k/yr for 36 months and your figures made it so much easier to negotiate the deal. Got the Lux II package and 20" wheels for $2,499 due at signing and payments of $413 after that including all fees and taxes. I think i did pretty well and am really happy with the new truck regardless.

Congrats on the new ride!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• spagballspagball Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2014

kyfdx, checking in on a '14 Limited 4WD 36/12 in MD. Curious if the numbers are pretty much what you've been posting. Also wanted to get your take on what Jeep post on their site calculator for leases as ".0.19%" APR. Is that supposed to be .0019?

• dkmdjddkmdjd Member Posts: 6

Hi Kyfdx.. Looking at a 2014 Summit 4x4 36 or 39/15k California. Thanks for the MF and RV!

@spagball said:
    kyfdx, checking in on a '14 Limited 4WD 36/12 in MD. Curious if the numbers are pretty much what you've been posting. Also wanted to get your take on what Jeep post on their site calculator for leases as ".0.19%" APR. Is that supposed to be .0019?

No.. at the money factors they are offering, 0.19% APR is a pretty good conversion from a money factor that starts with a decimal point, then four zeroes...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@dkmdjd said:
    Hi Kyfdx.. Looking at a 2014 Summit 4x4 36 or 39/15k California. Thanks for the MF and RV!

.00013 MF and 46% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.

39 month rate is not as good, this month.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• impy55impy55 Member Posts: 4

Hi kyfdx. I'm looking to lease a 2014 Laredo with security and convenience package 4x4 36-39 mos 12k in Connecticut. Can you help me out with MF and residual? Thanks!

• dkmdjddkmdjd Member Posts: 6

Hello to everyone, a quick question. I had not planned on even looking at the Jeep but kinda fell in love with the GC Summit. (Actually the SRT). But one of my main priorities was to get a car with better gas mileage. My commutes daily are between 20 and 50 miles RT (I work at 2 locations) so this is important. I was excited to see the Diesel option of around 30mpg for the V6/ When I spoke to the dealer he said it wasnt worth the premium on the engine cost ($5k) to get that option unless you were keeping it for a long time. I was planning to lease, not buy, and I dont hold cars usually >5 years. So the question is.... Is there any reason why I should lease the diesel option GC? I dont mind up to a 48m lease, but wouldnt go past that. Many thanks for your opinions..

dkmdjd, based on the example I just read on USNews and World Report-
    "Twenty percent of Jetta sales are diesel models; the Jetta diesel has a $4,040 price premium over a comparably equipped gasoline-powered Jetta. That means that based on highway driving alone, it would take 46,436 miles of driving to break even on the price different." (http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/best-cars-blog/2013/05/Diesels_Save_Fuel_But_Do_they_Save_Money/)
    It doesn't seem to be worth the investment in diesel if you aren't buying it. PS, don't forget the premium cost for diesel fuel too.

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 239,555

@dkmdjd said:
    Hello to everyone, a quick question. I had not planned on even looking at the Jeep but kinda fell in love with the GC Summit. (Actually the SRT). But one of my main priorities was to get a car with better gas mileage. My commutes daily are between 20 and 50 miles RT (I work at 2 locations) so this is important. I was excited to see the Diesel option of around 30mpg for the V6/ When I spoke to the dealer he said it wasnt worth the premium on the engine cost ($5k) to get that option unless you were keeping it for a long time. I was planning to lease, not buy, and I dont hold cars usually >5 years. So the question is.... Is there any reason why I should lease the diesel option GC? I dont mind up to a 48m lease, but wouldnt go past that. Many thanks for your opinions..

It depends on a couple of things such as the price of gas / diesel where you live and how many miles you put on your car.

If we assume a $3.25/gal for gas and $3.75/gal for diesel, average 20MPG for the gas GC and 30MPG for diesel and 15K miles per year, you will spend a bit more than $2400 a year for gas and $1875 a year for diesel, saving $525 a year. Would take close to 10 years to recoup the $5000 premium for a diesel. Not gonna happen with a lease term of 3 or 4 years.

And, the residuals and money factors may be different, as well ... I'll let my co-host kyfdx chime in with those numbers.

The numbers would agree with what the salesman says.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

kyfdx@Edmunds, forgive the dumb follow up question: so just divide 2400 by Chrysler's .19% APR (.000791) to get the MF?

• yellowcarmanyellowcarman Member Posts: 1

Hi Guys, looking for MF and residual on a 2014 GC Overland 4x4 in California, 12k/year either 36/39 months. Thanks!

@impy55 said:
    Hi kyfdx. I'm looking to lease a 2014 Laredo with security and convenience package 4x4 36-39 mos 12k in Connecticut. Can you help me out with MF and residual? Thanks!

.00018 MF and 56% residual for 36mo, 12K/yr lease

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@spagball said:
    kyfdx@Edmunds, forgive the dumb follow up question: so just divide 2400 by Chrysler's .19% APR (.000791) to get the MF?

The actual money factor is .00008 (4 zeroes). The 0.19% APR is just an advertising approximation... Chrysler Finance uses the money factor.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• g3lg3l Member Posts: 2

@ [email protected],

Trying to narrow down the package and options on a 2014 GC. Can you provide MF and residuals (36mo/12k) for the following in South Carolina?

• 14 GC Limited RWD
    • 14 GC Limited 4WD
    • 14 GC Overland RWD
    • 14 GC Overland 4WD

Thanks so much!

@g3l said:
    @ [email protected],

Trying to narrow down the package and options on a 2014 GC. Can you provide MF and residuals (36mo/12k) for the following in South Carolina?

• 14 GC Limited RWD
    • 14 GC Limited 4WD
    • 14 GC Overland RWD
    • 14 GC Overland 4WD

Thanks so much!

.00014 and 54%

.00008 and 55%

.00032 and 51%

.00009 and 52%

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• g3lg3l Member Posts: 2

Thanks a lot! Very helpful.

• dvarakadvaraka Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2014

Hi,

Looking for MF + Residual in southern California for 36/10k and 36/12k.

1) 2014 GC Overland 2WD (diesel)

2) 2014 GC Overland 4WD (diesel)

3) 2014 GC Limited 2WD (diesel)

4) 2014 GC Limited 4WD (diesel)

Thank you in advance!

Look up two posts... the numbers are the same in SoCal and for diesel... Numbers are good through Monday, February 3rd.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• srs149srs149 Member Posts: 35

Hi,

I'd like MF+ Residual in PA/ DE area for 36/12k, all 4WD, all V6 --

1. GC Overland
    2. GC Summit
    3. GC Limited - tech (lux?) package, moonroof, 20" wheels -- if these options make a difference

Thanks in advance!

@srs149 said:
    Hi,

I'd like MF+ Residual in PA/ DE area for 36/12k, all 4WD, all V6 --

1. GC Overland
    2. GC Summit
    3. GC Limited - tech (lux?) package, moonroof, 20" wheels -- if these options make a difference

Thanks in advance!

Overland: .00009 MF and 52% residual

Summit: .00013 MF and 48% residual

Limited: .00008 MF and 56% residual (pick this one..lol)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• teflon80teflon80 Member Posts: 26

I'm looking to lease a GC Limited 4x2 Eco Diesel 36 or 39 month /15k

Can I have the Feb Residual and Money Factor for this vehicle in Atlanta, Georgia?

Thanks in advance!

@teflon80 said:
    I'm looking to lease a GC Limited 4x2 Eco Diesel 36 or 39 month /15k

Can I have the Feb Residual and Money Factor for this vehicle in Atlanta, Georgia?

Thanks in advance!

.00014 MF and 52% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr lease

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• saabguy914saabguy914 Member Posts: 64
    edited February 2014

Hi there, I'm looking for the residual and MF for both 2014 GC Overland V6 4x2 and 4x4. Whatever term is most favorable works. Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the dumb question but is the residual percentage calculated off of the MSRP or the negotiated price?

edited February 2014

@saabguy914 said:
    Hi there, I'm looking for the residual and MF for both 2014 GC Overland V6 4x2 and 4x4. Whatever term is most favorable works. Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the dumb question but is the residual percentage calculated off of the MSRP or the negotiated price?

.00009 MF and 50% residual for 4WD for 36mo, 15K/yr

.00032 MF and 49% for 2WD

Residual is always a % of MSRP

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• saabguy914saabguy914 Member Posts: 64

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    Residual is always a % of MSRP

Thanks! These appear to be the same as January's numbers. Are these valid through February?

• cpamvpcpamvp Member Posts: 2

Good afternoon. Looking for the MF and residual for the 14 GC Summit 4x4 V8 and 4x2 V8. 2 year (or 27 months if that is what they're still doing instead) and 3 year terms. Thx in advance. Great advice and great site.

• biminigirlbiminigirl Member Posts: 5

Looking for February MF and Residual for 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with NAV and sunroof. $41080 MSRP. 15K miles/36 months. Do you have Ally numbers too?

@saabguy914 said:
    Thanks! These appear to be the same as January's numbers. Are these valid through February?

Through March 3rd.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@cpamvp said:
    Good afternoon. Looking for the MF and residual for the 14 GC Summit 4x4 V8 and 4x2 V8. 2 year (or 27 months if that is what they're still doing instead) and 3 year terms. Thx in advance. Great advice and great site.

4X4 = .00013 MF and 46% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr

.00012 MF and 56% residual for 24mo, 15K/yr.

4X2 = .00017 MF and 44%/54% for 36/15K and 24/15K

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@biminigirl said:
    Looking for February MF and Residual for 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with NAV and sunroof. $41080 MSRP. 15K miles/36 months. Do you have Ally numbers too?

Assuming 4WD?

.00007 MF and 53% residual.

Those are Chrysler Finance numbers, and the only ones I have.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mynmeizjoemynmeizjoe Member Posts: 1

Hello - I'm looking for m.f and residual for Jeep GC Limited V6 4x4. 24months/15K. and 25month/15k in Metro Detroit Area? Can anyone help me out?

The dealer printed me off the price sheet for CDI discount, after tax and rebates the vehicle was 37985 (39196 before tax and rebates) with a residual figure of 28,785. The price on the sheet said $471 monthly with 0 out of pocket. Based on my calcs, this is a very high m.f at .0028. thoughts?

Is the m.f the real price I can demand from the dealer?

• biminigirlbiminigirl Member Posts: 5

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    Those are Chrysler Finance numbers, and the only ones I have.

Yes 4WD. Thank you!

• mjt5mjt5 Member Posts: 13

Looking for feb money factor and residual for GC Limited 4x4 lux package II, 20" rims and cd player, both 36 and 39 months with 12k year and 15year

@mynmeizjoe said:
    Hello - I'm looking for m.f and residual for Jeep GC Limited V6 4x4. 24months/15K. and 25month/15k in Metro Detroit Area? Can anyone help me out?

The dealer printed me off the price sheet for CDI discount, after tax and rebates the vehicle was 37985 (39196 before tax and rebates) with a residual figure of 28,785. The price on the sheet said $471 monthly with 0 out of pocket. Based on my calcs, this is a very high m.f at .0028. thoughts?

Is the m.f the real price I can demand from the dealer?

.00008 MF and 54% for 36mo, 15K/yr

.00015 MF and 65% for 24mo, 15K/yr.

You really need the MSRP to calculate a lease. I'm not sure what term you were quoted, so I can't reverse engineer it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• car_buycar_buy Member Posts: 8

Carman -

Could you pls provide res and mf for 4x4 limited, overland, summit 36 mo / 15K.

Do option packages make a difference in either res or mf?

Seems like Limited has better res and mf so based on that would it be cheaper to buy limited and add options to get to comparable overland/summit? I'm interested in 5.7V8 and Quadratrac II etc as the key options.

thank you!

• mynameisjeepmynameisjeep Member Posts: 5

kyfdx, are you still around?

Looking for Feb residual and money factor for the following:

2014 JC Latitude 4x4 v6 (winter weather, convenience package)

12k miles per year; 36 and 39 month figures please. MA region (Northern). 01930 zip

Thank you very much.

• mjt5mjt5 Member Posts: 13

Can you please provide feb money factor and residual in Long Island, NY for GC Limited 4x4 lux package II, 20" rims and cd player (MSRP $45,380) 36month both for both 12k year and 15year through Chrysler.
    Trying to close a deal today so any information you might have avail is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

@car_buy said:
    Carman -

Could you pls provide res and mf for 4x4 limited, overland, summit 36 mo / 15K.

Do option packages make a difference in either res or mf?

Seems like Limited has better res and mf so based on that would it be cheaper to buy limited and add options to get to comparable overland/summit? I'm interested in 5.7V8 and Quadratrac II etc as the key options.

thank you!

Overland: .00009 MF and 50% residual

Summit: .00013 MF and 46% residual

Limited: .00008 MF and 54% residual

Options make no difference, except maybe the lack of some options on a certain model may disqualify it from the best rates.

And, yes... loading up a Limited will result in a cheaper lease than a comparably priced higher trim model.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

@mjt5 said:
    Can you please provide feb money factor and residual in Long Island, NY for GC Limited 4x4 lux package II, 20" rims and cd player (MSRP $45,380) 36month both for both 12k year and 15year through Chrysler.
    Trying to close a deal today so any information you might have avail is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Limited: .00008 MF and 54% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr lease. Add 2% for 12K/yr.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• car_buycar_buy Member Posts: 8

Thank you for the response! I am new to leasing with Chrysler/Jeep. I assume the residuals/mf you are quoting are with Chrysler Financial? Would all dealerships offer leases through CF or would they try to push someone else (Ally etc) to get a better margin for themselves? thank you.

@kyfdx@Edmunds said:
    And, yes... loading up a Limited will result in a cheaper lease than a comparably priced higher trim model.

This discussion has been closed.