Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Acura RDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Well, for a 94102 zip code I get a TMV of $37,870, with no options. So it sounds like you have some room to work with. The dealer may suddenly not want your trade too - if there's a CarMax close, you may want to see what they think your trade is worth.
  • Options
    ang33iefang33ief Member Posts: 63
    Last night bought a Rdx with tech, pin stripes, mud flaps, etc for 36006 plus dealer fees of 699, a total of 36750, taxes and reg. extra. Got it through edmunds priceing, auto nations was the seller.
  • Options
    Congrats @harryhess1! Let's see - aren't you a snowbird? Did you get the RDX in Florida?
  • Options
    Yes I got the vehicle in Florida, but I am not a snowbird, a native Floridian. I had gone to ocala Acura dealer who had the same vehicle listed for 44,000 with all the extra add ons. They wanted my vehicle and 22000. I got the edmunds price promise of 36006 plus dealer fees of 699 At Sanford dealer. I just printed the edmunds price promise took it in and only haggled for trade in, got 300 more on trade in than edmunds chart, 24500. I think the vehicle is rough riding over bumps, I have three days to take it back, I traded a lexus which was much more conforbale sp, this vehicle seems to reflects the bumps much more, any comments on this, have two more days to decide.
  • Options
    thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,217
    What year was your Lexus, and was it a RX350?  I have heard that the current gen RX350 do not ride as well as previous gens.  I test drove a RDX and didn't notice it rode particularly rough, but I was coming from an older Civic.  
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
  • Options
    edited January 2015

I had gone to ocala Acura dealer who had the same vehicle listed for 44,000 with all the extra add ons..

Ocala? Ah, the real Florida. Backpacked in the National Forest there back in the day.

For the rough ride, double-check the tire pressure to rule that out.

• Options
    The lexus was a rx350, 2011 and it rode very nice, I called the dealer today and told the manager I might be bringing it back, he told me that the suspension on the lexus was soft where the suspension on the Acura is very firm, that I believe is the difference. I hope to get use to it, tomorrow is another day. Good idea, tire pressure, the dealer while checking me out told me that the tires had 40 and 38 pounds I had asked him about that and was told " it will straighten out". I will check the pressure in the morning, I had forgot that. Thanks
  • Options
    Changed the tire pressure to 34 and it does ride some better
  • Options
    Guess it's decision time.

How did you wind up with a three day return period anyway?
  • Options
    3 day return period was one of there selling points, yes I am keeping it, 3 days and under 150 miles
  • Options
    Oh yeah, keep forgetting about AutoNation's guarantee. That's a nice perk. Enjoy the new ride!
  • Options
    tfm70tfm70 Member Posts: 20

Took delivery of my 2015 RDX today. Factory MSRP 41090 + 764.40 (mats, splash guards, wheel locks, door edge protector) =41854.40. Paid 39015.95+499 (doc fees)= 39514.95+TTL 
    Got them to add remote start and a six oil change/tire rotation package with the sale.

also got a really awesome price on my trade in- 2008 Infiniti ex35 with just under 41K on it. Got $17.5 which I felt was pretty generous. 
    i don't think I got that great of a discount on the sale price but I think getting them to all the freebies I wanted and the good deal on my trade-in made it overall a good deal. Went to the other deal in the area who couldnt do any better.

+
    Alot of us folks are on the fence about buying a RDX. I want one, but the VCM aspect scares me. Please report back after you put some miles on it and let us know if the VCM works.

• Options
    sam790sam790 Member Posts: 2
    tfm70 said:
    Took delivery of my 2015 RDX today. Factory MSRP 41090 + 764.40 (mats, splash guards, wheel locks, door edge protector) =41854.40. Paid 39015.95+499 (doc fees)= 39514.95+TTL 
    Got them to add remote start and a six oil change/tire rotation package with the sale.

also got a really awesome price on my trade in- 2008 Infiniti ex35 with just under 41K on it. Got $17.5 which I felt was pretty generous. 
    i don't think I got that great of a discount on the sale price but I think getting them to all the freebies I wanted and the good deal on my trade-in made it overall a good deal. Went to the other deal in the area who couldnt do any better.
    + Alot of us folks are on the fence about buying a RDX. I want one, but the VCM aspect scares me. Please report back after you put some miles on it and let us know if the VCM works.
    tfm70 said:

+ Alot of us folks are on the fence about buying a RDX. I want one, but the VCM aspect scares me. Please report back after you put some miles on it and let us know if the VCM works.
    Today I got the 2015 RDX with Technology package out door price $ 37470. That includes all weather mats and 2 oil changes. am in NC we have 3% tax here. Can any one please confirm if it's a good deal.
  • Options
    sam_peytonsam_peyton Member Posts: 22
    sam790 said:
    tfm70 said:

tfm70 said:

Today I got the 2015 RDX with Technology package out door price $ 37470. That includes all weather mats and 2 oil changes. am in NC we have 3% tax here. Can any one please confirm if it's a good deal.
    So like 36330 before tax? That is less then invoice price. I think there is a $750 dealer cash incentive right now though. But it sounds good to me. But I am no expect
  • Options
    kdbayareakdbayarea Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I got 2015 RDX AWD Tech today in north California for 36,600 + tax + reg + doc (80$). OTD was about 40200. No extras. Is it a good price?
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    [non-permissible content removed] I think the vehicle rides better now that I lower the air pressure. I just do not understand these dealers inflating the sticker price so much, I think the larger dealers receive a kick back for selling more cars, so they are able to sell cheaper. Since I am 81 years old I do not play the game of back and forth to the sales manager. When they try to hold me by keeping my trade in keys in the new car managers office, I just say, do I have to call the police to get my keys back. It seems like I get them quick. I feel that the 36'705 that I paid was a fair price for all concern.
  • Options
    What is the VCM?
  • Options
    tfm70tfm70 Member Posts: 20

What is the VCM?

VCM is Variable Cylinder Management. The engine will run as a three , four or six depending on load.

• Options
    Does my vehicle have this VCM?
  • Options
    thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,217
    Yes indeedy.  That's why the mileage estimates are so high for a SUV.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
  • Options
    Who, I did not know that, I do not feel any lack of power, no button to turn it on. Thanks it's so nice to have a site to find out things, thanks to all for the help
  • Options

Who, I did not know that, I do not feel any lack of power, no button to turn it on. Thanks it's so nice to have a site to find out things, thanks to all for the help

I think the issue that people have with the VCM is that in the previous year models after a few thousand miles people noticed a slight to significant amount of vibration from the VCM.
  • Options
    slvbln4slvbln4 Member Posts: 4
    Just purchased 2015 RDX FWD w/Tech package for $34200 + 550 Accessories + 599 dealer fee + TTL. Total Out the door price was $38100 from Sons Acura in GA. Hope it helps
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Thanks for the post and congrats!

So you passed on the CR-V? Or did you double-dip and buy two cars recently?
  • Options
    You did good, nice price, any incentives involved?
  • Options
    slvbln4slvbln4 Member Posts: 4
    stever said:

Thanks for the post and congrats!

So you passed on the CR-V? Or did you double-dip and buy two cars recently?

I passed on the CRV due to vibration issues. I was not planing on buying RDX but the offer was so good. I could not refuse.
  • Options
    skibanker2skibanker2 Member Posts: 1
    Just baught a 2015 RDX AWD, for 34178.00 that includes All season Mats, splash guards, cargo tray and body side moldings from White Bear Acura Subaru in MN, tax 6.5%, doc fee of 75.00, and plates approximately 700 on the high end. Prior to buying this yesterday, I got a quote from Arlington Acura, for 33,500, for an RDX AWD 2015, before tax's, however, their doc fee is 168.00, don't know why the difference, as in MN its 75.00. With the accessories, I roughly paid about 178.00 more than I wanted, but also saved my time, gas, and flight to fly to Chicago.

I was holding strong, at 33,500 in MN, before taxs, plates, and thought if they included the above accessories deal would be done. Apparently there is dealer cash of 750.00 right now, and of course the holdback of 2%, so when you take out the accessories on what I would be able to pay for online, the total price would have been 33,686.20. At this price, I don't think there would have been much room to negotiate further, so I took the deal above.
  • Options
    tonyinoctonyinoc Member Posts: 23
    Southern California quote for RDX AWD Technology $37,100 includes destination, no TTL. Have not negotiated any extras yet. Price looks ok to me after checking with 6 dealers and trying out the Costco and credit union buying services - I got lower figures on my own. Thoughts anyone? Looking to make the deal this weekend. Thanks all.
  • Options
    Not happy with the ride, it's rough compaired with the rx350, car has been with me for less than two weeks, had my sister in the rear seat today for a ride, she felt the same way, will be trading it sometime in the near future, I know that I will take a big loss but happiness is importance at my age. Thanks for all the knowledge you provided me
  • Options
    Any idea what they would give me to trade-in the 2015 RDX I just bought in January. I now regret not waiting for the 2016.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336

Any idea what they would give me to trade-in the 2015 RDX I just bought in January. I now regret not waiting for the 2016.

Head over to the "Real World Trade in Values" discussion for an honest estimate. I don't think you're going to like what you hear.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Hugo_StiglitzHugo_Stiglitz Member Posts: 167
    Does anyone know when the 2016 is supposed to hit the dealers' lot?
  • Options
    bachi234bachi234 Member Posts: 3
    I am looking for 2015 ACURA RDX AWD Without Technology package and got the below estimate from one dealer in near Troy,MI.

Sale price - 34500 + tax +doc + to nearly 37000$.

Could you please let me know if that's a good deal??
  • Options
    heron4heron4 Member Posts: 21
    Looks decent. You can probably get a better deal from Chicago. If you see above, there is a reference to about 33K from Arlington Acura on Palatine.
    Does 34.5k includes any dealer add-ons? I am barely getting the dealers to budge below $35K in Western Washington and they all include ridiculous add-ons.
  • Options
    I didn't go to the dealer yet(that's the deal they offered with one phone converstation) . Should be visiting them this week end.
  • Options
    I just got 2015 Acura RDX AWD. 34500 Which include All season mats,Splash guards,remote starter( around 1000$ value). tax 6%, doc fee of 210.00, and plates etc came down to 37070. I hope this is a decent prize. I got my car from Suburban Acura in Farmington hills.

Thank you for the inputs.

• Options
    jbl140jbl140 Member Posts: 18
    I got a quote for RDX AWD w/Tech of 36,500 plus tax and license fees. Is that a good price for NorCal?
  • Options
    jbl140jbl140 Member Posts: 18
    Closed on an RDX AWD w/Tech package for $36800 w/o TTL. Negotiated $275 for Rear seat cover, cargo and floor mats, and wheel locks.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,302
    jbl140 said:

Closed on an RDX AWD w/Tech package for $36800 w/o TTL. Negotiated $275 for Rear seat cover, cargo and floor mats, and wheel locks.

Congrats! Thanks for reporting in.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    raj2015raj2015 Member Posts: 3
    Got quote for $36800 OTD (including all tax & fee) in NJ for AWD Base. Please suggest whether the price is good so that I will buy this week.
  • Options
    bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    If this is a 2015, then that's a phenomenal price--don't walk, run to dealership to close the deal. Hope you have your financing in place because they will get you on the back end.
  • Options
    rdx_2015rdx_2015 Member Posts: 2
    Northern New Jersey 2015 RDX AWD buying experience (Piscataway to Morristown)

I bought a 2015 AWD RDX (without the Tech package) on Dec 31st, 2014 for $33,200(ARW-RDX)+$350( doc fee)+$105(transfer plate and title)-$3250(MDX trade in)+7%tax. I bought the car in a rush. The total time I spent was less than one full day which included pricing research.

I had a 2003 MDX with 109K miles and a dented side door hit by a deer(would cost more than $1K to fix). the torque converter and a bunch of other items also needed repair which would cost several thousand dollars. I had the car serviced on the evening of Dec 30th, 2014 and was told need new compliance bushings and new engine mounts. Faced with several thousand dollars of repairs so decided to talk to a sale person to ask for a quote on a 2015 AWD RDX. Right from the beginning, things looked promising. I was quoted $34,420 and trade in for $3250(one month before, it was $3750), about $390 doc fee. I quickly checked invoice price on ipad and knew that the quote was close to the invoice price. Hm, interesting! The question I then had was how much did the trade-in actually worth? While I was hesitating, the manager came to the booth and said that if I applied for a loan instead of paying cash, there was a $500 incentive! I knew immediately this was a good deal. The manager asked what he could do to close the deal. The sale person applied pressure by saying that he won't be in the next day and the car had to be bought that night (both turned out not true). I resisted because I had not done any research at all. So I said I came in for service not prepared to buy a car right on the spot and would need a few hours to think the offer over. At home, I checked used MDX price on Craigslist and knew how much my MDX trade in would worth in Craigslist.

Next morning, I went to another dealer and got a quote for $35,200 and $2000 for trade in. When I walked out , the sale person lower the car price to $34,420. This was a bad offer. Apparently, $34,420 was what most dealers were willing to sell the car for.

I called another dealer, surprisingly the sale person was willing to quote over the phone for $35,200, which apparently was the average price dealers wanted to sell for. I told her from the offer I already had, the gap was so large that there was no point for me to go to the showroom. Then the internet sale manager came on the line. I explained the offer I got and said that I was given $500 loan incentive. Surprisingly, he went to the general manager and lower the RDX to 34,200 and also matched the $500 incentive, but the deal had to be closed today. This was truly a good deal. But the problem was my wife was already in the first dealership because it opened only half a day and the deal had to be closed today.

I told my wife that the trade in seemed a bit low. If she could get the manager to increase the trade in for $1000, then go for it. The manager was willing to go up $700 instead of $1000. Our final price was given above. The true cost for the RDX was hard to determine because of the trade-in. This may be a special deal occurred only on dec 31st, the last day of the year and there could be a need to enter the sale in the book before Jan 1st, 2015.

Overall, buying this car was a very pleasant experience as it involved Minimum time and no hard bargaining. From my experience, the hardest thing was to find a dealer willing to offer a good price which forms the basis to negotiate with other dealers. I felt that the sale person was not high class but the manager was. The former applied high pressure tactic unnecessary, however, the latter was polite and quite gracious. Based on the experience gained in buying this RDX, I would like to suggest to the car buyers to do the following preparations:

1) know the invoice price and the average price the car is selling for in your area.

2) before seeing any dealer, do your research and decide what take-home price you really want to pay for the car and be ready to buy it on the spot as most dealers won't negotiate if you don't show intention to buy it on the spot. The fact that I said I wanted to buy the car right now was the main reason I got a good price and minimum bargaining. Remember that doc fee is pure profit and not the same for different dealers so it is best to use the take-home price to compare offers from different dealers.

3) if you have a trade-in, separate it from buying the car i.e. first get a quote on the car without the trade-in then get a quote for the trade-in separately. In order to get a good price on the car, be ready to sell your trade in on Craigslist.

4) have an answer to the question, "what do we need to do to close the deal right now?". Don't make impulsive decision. At the minimum, say, "let me have a cup of coffee to think about your offer."

5) don't waste your time in getting quotes from the Internet. All the quotes I got were high.

• Options
    raj2015raj2015 Member Posts: 3
    I went to MD to buy the RDX AWD BASE since NJ is costly. got it for $35200 OTD with all NJ tax, registration, fee, etc
  • Options
    rdx_2015rdx_2015 Member Posts: 2
    Raj205's price is cheaper than the price I paid for. Wish I knew what he knew.
    Would not have mind driving to MD.
  • Options
    zhisczhisc Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2015
    I just bought my 2015 RDX AWD with Tech Package for $36,500 before Tax and title&doc fees. This is in Chicago area. Tax rate is about 7.25%. I also traded in a 2003 Corolla (109k miles) for $3,000. Paid $450 for their Protection Package 1 (Wheel lock, Splash Guard, Cargo Tray) + All-season floor mat. My OTD price is about $36,800 after trade in ... I think it's a very fair price for both RDX and my trade in. But the weird part is that they charged Tax on the $1,500 incentive given to the dealer...their Finance guy said it is IL law and it's practiced by all Chicago area dealers. Even though it's just about 100 bucks, I wonder if his statement is true.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,302
    zhisc said:

I just bought my 2015 RDX AWD with Tech Package for $36,500 before Tax and title&doc fees. This is in Chicago area. Tax rate is about 7.25%. I also traded in a 2003 Corolla (109k miles) for $3,000. Paid $450 for their Protection Package 1 (Wheel lock, Splash Guard, Cargo Tray) + All-season floor mat. My OTD price is about $36,800 after trade in ... I think it's a very fair price for both RDX and my trade in. But the weird part is that they charged Tax on the $1,500 incentive given to the dealer...their Finance guy said it is IL law and it's practiced by all Chicago area dealers. Even though it's just about 100 bucks, I wonder if his statement is true.

If the manufacturer requires that the incentive be shown as a downpayment by the customer, then it's usually taxable (in most states).

Dealers do and say a lot of things that are suspect, but they usually don't mess around with sales tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mnbuyer1mnbuyer1 Member Posts: 6
    Just wanted to get some thoughts on a 2015 RDX in the Mpls./St Paul area. There are three dealers in this area and according to their websites, they have 157 new vehicles on their lots. I received one quote for 34,400 for an AWD base model with no options. I thought this was kind of high given the fact there there are so many available in the area, the 2016's will be rolling in soon, Acura is now giving $1500 back to the dealer, and an earlier post from Feb said they paid 34,178 with some options at White Bear Acura (one of the three in this area). At that time, I think there was only a $750 rebate to the dealer as well. I was hoping to get this for under 34,000. Any advice? Thanks.
  • Options
    fire_fire_ Member Posts: 2
    I bought a '15 RDX AWD w/ Tech for $35,900 plus tax, tags, and doc.

How did I do?
  • Options
    mnbuyer1mnbuyer1 Member Posts: 6
    fire - sounds like a better price than I am receiving in the Mpls/St Paul area. Recieved a phone quote of $36,800 for an AWD w/Tech. Minn tax is 6.5% plus other fees. What state are you in and what dealership? There are still over 140 2015 RDX's in my area and according to their inventory lists, there doesn't seem to be many being sold. With the 2016's coming soon, I have to believe the prices will drop or Acura will increase the incentives soon.