Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to learn more!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 32,008
    jmonroe said:

driver100 said:

"welfare Cadillac" ....you mean ab?
    I think I did the right thing.....she knew I was upset and thought she was an idiot. If she refused to pay or said it wasn't her what would I do? If I was a resident I could have pulled out my gun and made her pay up.

But, life has a way of balancing these things out. If I get a $300 rebate, I get a $300 repair the next day.

Yesterday I got a $50 ding....a week ago we bought furniture at Kanes and if it goes on sale within a week you can claim that too........so I called and got $43.

On Sunday I ordered a carton of 6 Fischer & Wieser Charred Pineapple Bourbon Sauce from amazon for $48. They arrived on Monday but they sent roasted raspberry sauce by mistake. I went online, reported the mistake, and no questions asked, they will send the pineapple bourbon sauce and no mention of returning the raspberry sauce.

$43 + $48 = $87....I actually came out ahead so far. If I got into a big argument with that ignorant woman I wouldn't have had the energy to make the two claims.

WHEW, why did I know you'd find a way to justify being taken advantage of ? Just didn't know it would be that complicated.

jmonroe
    Remember too, she may have been stunned and not thought it through. Maybe when she see's me next time she will offer to pay (I know, about a 5% chance).

I doubt it would be more than $75, I have had worst ones fixed for that amount....the guys that come to your house can maybe pull it out and touch it up. It is about as small as it could be, and still leave a mark and a slight indentation.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options

ab348 said:

Since it looks like no romaine will be available any time soon until they figure this out, I will have to try types of lettuce I've never bought previously. Red leaf, butter, what have you. I know one thing, after my one and only experience with kale I will NOT be making a kale caesar salad.

It amazes me that supply chain data is apparently so unavailable that they cannot trace where the contaminated stuff came from. That in itself is a bit scary.

A lot of west coast packed produce actually is grown in Mexico. Sanitary regulations are less rigid there. The produce is bulk shipped to the packer so it could be a mixture of different sources by the time it gets to you.

There are no cases reported in Florida but I washed my bagged mixed salad today....as instructed. I sometimes wonder if there is more chance of E Coli from organic vegetables. I'd rather have GM apples with no worms than organic ones with worms in them.

• Options

Have driven about a dozen or so if the new Camby LE's at work and they are excellent vehicles. Haven't got behind the wheel of an SE unit yet but expect the same, an excellent vehicle!! A sure the new Accord us also an excellent vehicle but can't comment on one yet. I think a person buying either would be very happy with their choice. Sure, the Accord looks a bit edgier but think the Camry looks pretty damn good!! Would be thrilled to own either one to be honest!!!

The Sandman :)B)

It’s available, just not at the price that was promised. Don’t know if it’s Amazon or the company who offered the charger (RAV POWER). I know one thing, I won’t buy anything from RAV POWER again. And, I’ll log a complaint with Amazon. Do I expect anything positive to come out of it? No! But, I wish I could let stuff like that go.

Driver....you have my admiration.
    GG, My wife was a family therapist and she always tells me not to get into a shouting match....it only escalates and it can turn nasty. Even if I did that and won, it isn't worth it for all the stress it would cause me. I just look at it as part of the game of life....same if I got a speeding ticket. I don't like it, but there are 100s, probably 1000s of times I didn't get a ticket and I could have.

This is only slightly worse than if I had left the car on a lot and I came back and found the scratch. There are times I park at Walmart ( the 5X we go there a year ) and I am surprised there isn't a dent, with the narrow parking spaces and people leaving their shopping carts anywhere.

• Options
    jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

driver100 said:

I think I did the right thing.....she knew I was upset and thought she was an idiot. If she refused to pay or said it wasn't her what would I do? If I was a resident I could have pulled out my gun and made her pay up.

But, life has a way of balancing these things out. If I get a $300 rebate, I get a $300 repair the next day.

Yesterday I got a $50 ding....a week ago we bought furniture at Kanes and if it goes on sale within a week you can claim that too........so I called and got $43.

On Sunday I ordered a carton of 6 Fischer & Wieser Charred Pineapple Bourbon Sauce from amazon for $48. They arrived on Monday but they sent roasted raspberry sauce by mistake. I went online, reported the mistake, and no questions asked, they will send the pineapple bourbon sauce and no mention of returning the raspberry sauce.

$43 + $48 = $87....I actually came out ahead so far. If I got into a big argument with that ignorant woman I wouldn't have had the energy to make the two claims.

WHEW, why did I know you'd find a way to justify being taken advantage of ? Just didn't know it would be that complicated.

jmonroe
    Remember too, she may have been stunned and not thought it through. Maybe when she see's me next time she will offer to pay (I know, about a 5% chance).

I doubt it would be more than $75, I have had worst ones fixed for that amount....the guys that come to your house can maybe pull it out and touch it up. It is about as small as it could be, and still leave a mark and a slight indentation.
    OK everybody lets head to Florida. @driver100 is offering a door ding to his C250 with a 5% chance that we'll offer to pay up. That's as good as a free door ding as far as I'm concerned. Just in case I might harm my wannabe, I'm borrowing one of @oldfarmer50's hoopties. I guarantee a 0% percent chance that I'll harm his hooptie anymore than it already is.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,781
    At Walmart, I park in the back, shielded by an island uphill from me. Trust me, everyone else parks as close as they can to avoid exercise. And care little about dings.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Same scenario but JMonroe is sitting in his car parked listening to his wannabe radio, and a lady pulls up next to him, opens her door and dings his car.
    He jumps out of his car and tells the woman she has dented his car and he demands $75 on the spot.
    She says, get lost, it is just one of those things.
    JM starts shouting that she has caused the damage and he wants to be compensated.
    She says it wasn't her that did it, it must have been there before. As they start shouting more people come around.
    The woman cries out stop harassing me .....I don't even know what you are talking about.
    4 guys pin JM down to the ground and someone has called the police who now show up.
    They listen to the two stories and the woman says it wasn't her, JM is just trying to get her to pay for a dent that was already there.
    The police take him away in handcuffs, and he has to spend the night incarcerated, until Mrs JM comes in and pays his bail.
    His trial comes up on March 25th, hopefully they let him off, with a stern warning,and a $300 fine.

• Options
    driver100 said:

Same scenario but JMonroe is sitting in his car parked listening to his wannabe radio, and a lady pulls up next to him, opens her door and dings his car.
    He jumps out of his car and tells the woman she has dented his car and he demands $75 on the spot.
    JM starts shouting that she has caused the damage and he wants to be compensated.
    She says it wasn't her that did it, it must have been there before. As they start shouting more people come around.
    The woman cries out stop harassing me .....I don't even know what you are talking about.
    4 guys pin JM down to the ground and someone has called the police who now show up.
    They listen to the two stories and the woman says it wasn't her, JM is just trying to get her to pay for a dent that was already there.
    The police take him away in handcuffs, and he has to spend the night incarcerated, until Mrs JM comes in and pays his bail.
    His trial comes up on March 25th, hopefully they let him off, with a stern warning,and a $300 fine.

Ridiculous story, especially the part about Mrs. j bailing me out. OK, maybe a little accurate about it taking 4 guys to hold me down but other than that purely ridiculous.

jmonroe

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,798
    driver100 said:

LOL you're joking but stranger things have happened. Like the time a woman broadsided one of our buses and tried to blame the bus driver. Her story changed after she found out the bus cameras caught her running a stop sign and a bus load of high school kids gave statements against her.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Sorry, this is a bit long, but we were discussing Bitcoins awhile ago. I kind of get it, but not entirely. In case others want an explanation.

Bitcoin explained in layman¹s term

I couldn't copy and paste so look it up at this link if interested in how Bitcoin works:

HOW BITCOIN WORKS

• Options
    edited January 2018

oldfarmer, crazy story but I see it all the time on the judge shows.
    Or this bizarre story from the Tampa Bay Times. He is a much respected 53 yr old principal of a school and his wife - 49 is a much respected teacher.
    Both were accused of abuse by a teenager of abusive behavior...pushing the teen.
    Both had to resign and both have been incarcerated.
    Their lawyer proved the allegations were false, by luckily figuring out phone records were tampered with.
    They will be reinstated...but to different schools, and can you imagine the turmoil they went through...knowing they were innocent but having to fight the allegations?
    A $50 dent seems minor in comparison.

COUPLE ARE RELEASED AFTER BEING ABUSED OF CHILD ABUSE

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 243,337
    Any network engineers in the house?

As you all know, I work from home. I have two laptops on my desk - a Lenovo X230 with an i5-3320M CPU, and a Toshiba Satellite L55 with an i7-4700MQ CPU.

Comcast is my internet provider.

However, when I run speedtest.net on both of them, I get vastly different results.

The Lenovo has a download speed of 149 Mbps, the Toshiba 39.

For upload, the Lenovo shows almost 24 Mbps, the Toshiba 19.

I'm at a loss to explain why this is.

Any thoughts or suggestions are most welcome.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 33,035
    Rough day over here. As of 11am this morn, I have been unemployed. It wasn't a total shock, as the agency has lost the majority of its business in the past couple of months. But, no matter how much you prepare yourself, it still hits hard. This will be my biggest challenge yet.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    that is a bummer. Been in that position, and not fun. Hopefully you line up a replacement soon.

• Options
    qbrozen said:

Rough day over here. As of 11am this morn, I have been unemployed. It wasn't a total shock, as the agency has lost the majority of its business in the past couple of months. But, no matter how much you prepare yourself, it still hits hard. This will be my biggest challenge yet.

Sorry to hear that. I have been in that situation many times during my illustrious career, and I hate the feeling of being being let go. Your work is a big part of your life and identity, it takes awhile to recover. These days businesses have a lifespan and it isn't too long....there is no loyalty built up between companies and workers...it's everyone for themselves. Good luck with the job search....in many cases you end up better off.

• Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,423
    Sorry to hear that, @qbrozen. Hang in there - we're pulling for you!
    2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,500
    edited January 2018

Sorry to hear that, @qbrozen. Hang in there - we're pulling for you!

Ditto @qbrozen. Hopefully it will lead to new and better things.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 243,337
    qbrozen said:

Hang tough, q.

Let us know - either publicly or privately - if there is anything we can do for you (LinkedIn recommendations, etc.)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 16,005
    @qbrozen
    Sorry to hear, hopefully you’ll have something lined up quickly.  

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 16,005
    Michaell said:
    Any network engineers in the house? As you all know, I work from home. I have two laptops on my desk - a Lenovo X230 with an i5-3320M CPU, and a Toshiba Satellite L55 with an i7-4700MQ CPU. Comcast is my internet provider. However, when I run speedtest.net on both of them, I get vastly different results. The Lenovo has a download speed of 149 Mbps, the Toshiba 39. For upload, the Lenovo shows almost 24 Mbps, the Toshiba 19. I'm at a loss to explain why this is. Any thoughts or suggestions are most welcome.
    Check and see if your WiFi or Ethernet Card if plugged in have the latest drivers installed on the Toshiba.   For there dig into the properties settings of the WiFi or Ethernet Card and make sure the link speed is set to “Auto” sometimes they are set on 10 mbps vs 100 mbps. Auto usually provides the best.  

My .02 on the matter hope that’s a start. 

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,182
    @qbrozen - My condolences, that is crummy news. Best wishes on finding a new gig.

What type of agency did you work for and what did you do for them?

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    Michaell said:
    Any network engineers in the house? As you all know, I work from home. I have two laptops on my desk - a Lenovo X230 with an i5-3320M CPU, and a Toshiba Satellite L55 with an i7-4700MQ CPU. Comcast is my internet provider. However, when I run speedtest.net on both of them, I get vastly different results. The Lenovo has a download speed of 149 Mbps, the Toshiba 39. For upload, the Lenovo shows almost 24 Mbps, the Toshiba 19. I'm at a loss to explain why this is. Any thoughts or suggestions are most welcome.
    I assume you’re connected via WiFi?  Or are your hardwired?

If WiFi, Do you have a dual band 2.4/5 ghz router?  If yes, does the Toshiba have a 5 ghz WiFi card?  If yes, make sure it is connecting to the 5ghz version of the network.  Some will default to the 2.4 ghz network which will always be slower - 2.4 has better range and penetration but less bandwidth. 
  • Options
    bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913
    qbrozen said:
    Sorry to hear such bad news starting the new year. Hang in there something good will come along soon. 
  • Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,431
    Q, Sorry to hear the news. You're a sharp guy an will end up on your feet and better off.
    We are all here for you.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    @qbrozen, that has to be tough. Fortunately, I was never in that position so all I can tell you is what several guys that I knew over the years told me when a layoff hit them. Like, give yourself a chance to think it over SLOWLY. In about 3 months ALL of them were at least where they were pay and career wise and none of them would take their old job back even if it were offered to them. Two of them had an offer to come back in about 6 months and neither of them took it.

Good luck.

jmonroe

• Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,766

Have driven about a dozen or so if the new Camby LE's at work and they are excellent vehicles. Haven't got behind the wheel of an SE unit yet but expect the same, an excellent vehicle!! A sure the new Accord us also an excellent vehicle but can't comment on one yet. I think a person buying either would be very happy with their choice. Sure, the Accord looks a bit edgier but think the Camry looks pretty damn good!! Would be thrilled to own either one to be honest!!!

The Sandman :)B)

SAndy....I have no doubt the new Camry is nice to drive. I know me, however. If I were in the market for one, it would be the high zoom suited V6 all loaded up. Which puts it perilously close to some other cars I like much more price wise. Not sure of the price delta, but high $30s will also get you in the neighborhood of an ES 350.

Of course, you can say the same for a loaded up Accord. It would get near the price of an Acura TLX.

Not sold on the looks of either.

Driver.....you just have the kind of outlook on life that I wish I could adopt.....more or less it’s “c’est la vie”. That’s a good thing.

You mentioned Amazon....I ordered a wireless charger for my bed stand for my phone. They had one that had a price with a coupon code for about $12. If you’ve seen the one’s they sell at Best But, that’s about 1/4th the price.

Anyway, I place the order with the coupon code. It’s an Amazon Prime “recommended” product, which is good. Order goes through. Got an email this a.m. stating my order was cancelled. I didn’t do it. I go to the Amazon web page for this charger, but now, it’s 2x the price I bought it.

It’s available, just not at the price that was promised. Don’t know if it’s Amazon or the company who offered the charger (RAV POWER). I know one thing, I won’t buy anything from RAV POWER again. And, I’ll log a complaint with Amazon. Do I expect anything positive to come out of it? No! But, I wish I could let stuff like that go.

Driver....you have my admiration.
    Well, you all remember my Rite Aid story right? They are still on the black list as of 2018 from that incident in the 90's.

However, if the same thing were to happen again at another store, I doubt I'd react nearly as strongly and negatively since $5 dollars means a whole lot more to a teenager in the early 90's vs. a grown up adult in 2018.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,766
    driver100 said:

jmonroe said:

driver100 said:

jmonroe

You are ruining my argument that the reason people don't want autonomous driver's driving them is because while people can generally live with their own mistakes, they can't live with the consequences of other people's mistakes (or other computers). So while I can live with damage I cause to my car, I'm not sure I could live with damage done by others without being made whole.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,798
    qbrozen said:

Sorry to hear that. What caused such a reversal in the company fortunes? It's never fun to be unexpectedly unemployed but with the economy on the uptick you should bounce back pretty quick.

One thing that surprised me when I started looking was that employers these days take their sweet time responding to applications. What look like perfect fit jobs are sometimes just companies building resume' files for a rainy day. I had one that won't even return direct phone calls.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 33,035
    For the past 10 years, I have been in pharmaceutical advertising. I was with this agency for just 17 mos. Reason for the mess is that they brought in many new people (including me) to help them grow and become more than just a hole-in-the-wall project shop, but then failed to listen to those people. They kept too many folks around who were stuck in the old ways and continued to drag the whole company down. It resulted in a largely unhappy workplace and, consequently, unhappy clients. In these 17 mos, they have gone from being a $24M agency, with eyes on being $50M with new aquisitions, to a projected $12M as of last week.

I have been looking for a few months now anyway. I just can't afford to be without a paycheck, however. My focus until now has been on pharma companies rather than agencies because I'd really like to get away from agency life. But now I'll have to take whatever comes along. That may even mean taking something with a brutal commute. Time is no longer on my side and I can't be picky.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,584
    Man, that stinks @qbrozen. Stay strong and I'm confident you'll land on your feet somewhere good. We're all in your corner.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • Options
    suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    Tough way to start the year. So sorry.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,511
    edited January 2018
    All the best @qbrozen -- I've been laid off a couple of times, and it's a miserable feeling. As has been mentioned earlier, the economy seems to be in better shape these days, which should help.

Hang in there.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,273
    Sorry to read that. Remember everyone here is rooting for you, you'll find something, we can tell by your creativity with your fleet that you are pretty sharp ;)

I suspect you aren't wanting to move, but if you do, maybe look to Seattle, jobs all over the place here - huge cost of living, sometimes gloomy weather, ridiculous traffic and drivers, iffy transit and pedestrian infrastructure, but jobs and scenic surroundings. Everyone else is moving here, we'd be pleased to have you.
    qbrozen said:

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2018
    qbrozen said:
    Just read your post - my heart is heavy for you as I know what you must be going through.  When I was in private school administration, it happened to me three times.  But just around the corner was a better position each and every time.

Keep us updated on your progress - best of luck.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    qb.........interesting field you were in. I am sure you will review all the things to do but be sure to do your networking....let people you were in contact know you are looking, more jobs and more opportunities develop through networking and connections than they do from want ads.

There are no bad interviews, they all make you better for the next interview.

I don't want to overload you but those are the key points I have.

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,449
    qbrozen said:

Sorry to hear that. Hang in there.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport-2020 C43-2021 Sahara 4xe-1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica
    Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i
    Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    fintail said:
    Sorry to read that. Remember everyone here is rooting for you, you'll find something, we can tell by your creativity with your fleet that you are pretty sharp ;) I suspect you aren't wanting to move, but if you do, maybe look to Seattle, jobs all over the place here - huge cost of living, sometimes gloomy weather, ridiculous traffic and drivers, iffy transit and pedestrian infrastructure, but jobs and scenic surroundings. Everyone else is moving here, we'd be pleased to have you.
    Why did I move here again? 
  • Options
    breldbreld Member Posts: 6,716
    Q - I echo everyone else’s comments. Best of luck.

2024 Audi Q8 e-tron - 2024 Corvette - 2024 BMW X5 - 2023 Tesla Model Y

• Options
    houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,328
    edited January 2018
    qbrozen said:

Most of us have been there and it is tough. Most end up in a better situation so hang in there.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• Options
    When i worked for the publisher we were at a sales meeting in Phoenix, and one of the new books we were going to be selling was "What to do When you Lose Your Job"
    The president of the company said when we went back to our rooms there would be a copy of the book waiting for us, under our pillows.

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,670
    @imidazol97.......after logging the complaint with Amazon, they apparently sent it to the company who I was trying to order from, RAV POWER.

RAV POWER got back to me, essentially stating that the promotional price they quoted on Amazon would have resulted in taking a loss on the wireless charger I ordered. OK! Not sure what that has to do with me, but if they can’t do a price analysis before posting a price, why should I care?

Anyway, another company I will steer clear of.

2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,670
    @qbrozen ....Oh Man! I hate to hear this. Know you’ve got a support group here, if for nothing else, to act as a sounding board.

As others have said, if you need a recommendation on Linked-In or just someone to talk things through with, PM me. I’d be more than happy to help!

You’ll be fine, I suspect!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,188

@imidazol97.......after logging the complaint with Amazon, they apparently sent it to the company who I was trying to order from, RAV POWER.

Thanks for letting me know how Amazon did(n't) handle it.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    edited January 2018
    @qbrozen I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I hope that the improving economy now and lower taxes for businesses mean more jobs will be available and you'll quickly get that replacement.

• Options
    Still some big pharma in Jersey, but that would be a real haul from where you live up into central part of state.

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2018
    Thanks for letting me know how Amazon did(n't) handle it.
    Similar thing happened to me.  I ordered 4 boxes of 100 count Mr. Coffee Filters from Amazon a few months ago.  I called Amazon to complain to them that all 4 boxes were crushed when I opened the carton.  They said they were not responsible - that I had to call the company that shipped the package.  I called them and they said they were not responsible.  I called UPS and they told me to contact the shipper.  That was the last time I would ever order anything from Amazon - NEVER AGAIN!  Walmart treats you better!  :angry:

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    Jobs? Salaries? Summers? Scenery? Maybe you like congestion and bad drivers? That's all I can think of B)

Why did I move here again? 

• Options
    edited January 2018
    abacomike said:

They said they were not responsible - that I had to call the company that shipped the package.  I called them and they said they were not responsible.

Over the last couple of years I've had emails from AMAZON asking about the packaging of the items I had purchased. Strange they say they're not responsible.

Interesting with all the push now that amz has many more warehouses to speed shipping times, I saw an article that some percentage of Ohio works in their warehouses were receiving aid from the State.

https://www.policymattersohio.org/press-room/2018/01/05/more-ohio-amazon-workers-relying-on-food-aid

• Options
    Maybe with the upcoming trickle down redux, Amazon will increase wages for a sector that has seen depressed pay for the past 30 years. Right.

Some interesting material here:

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20180105/amazon-makes-list-of-large-companies-with-workers-receiving-food-stamps

What would be most interesting is how the number compares as a percentage to other similar employers.

If one wants to make significant money with Amazon, probably best to be in IT/exec leadership, and most of that won't be in a warehouse.
  • Options

RAV POWER got back to me, essentially stating that the promotional price they quoted on Amazon would have resulted in taking a loss on the wireless charger I ordered. OK! Not sure what that has to do with me, but if they can’t do a price analysis before posting a price, why should I care?

Anyway, another company I will steer clear of.

My guess would be your argument is with RAV POWER and Amazon is just the link. If you have a copy of the original confirmation they should be legally obliged to sell for the advertised price.....even if they made a mistake. Be sure to give them a terrible review.

We have ordered 100s of things from amazon without a problem. With Prime things usually arrive in a day or two with free shipping. If there is a problem they have always resolved it in our favor. I like the choices, the reviews, they keep a record of your purchases, you can track your purchase, ease of ordering. I support bricks and mortar stores when I can, but, hard to beat the spectrum of products, prices and ease of ordering on amazon.