Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,398
    I did not mean to offend, but it is very difficult for me to hide my complete and utter contempt for government officials of any political stripe who want to impose their vision of the ultimate nanny state.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport 2020 C43 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica
    Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i
    Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    omarmanomarman Member Posts: 2,702
    venture said:

Our drivers licenses are for 4 year periods. Every 4 years you have to go to the DMV and get a new picture taken.

They used to give you an eye test too, but that didn't happened the last 2 times I went. I don't know if they stopped doing it or if the person was too lazy to do it. I thought it was a good idea.

If you renew your license in Ohio more than 90 days before expiration it will expire in three years. Otherwise it's 4 years. Yep vision test here too for new or renewal license. I wonder how long before the "standard" option is dropped for either new or renewal.

Ohio "DL-ID" example from BMV posted in 2018. "Compliant" at top and "standard" at bottom.
    Biggest harumph I'm still hearing about all this was the new process of getting the license delivered by the USPS instead of walking out with it.

Omar Williams
    Anytime, Anyplace, Anywhere
    A time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing.
  • Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    stickguy said:

Fla doesn’t want to tick off the seniors. They vote. And taking driving privileges away would hurt revenue.

I am surprised you got an enhanced license via mail renewal. I thought it required an I. Person visit and additional ID. But, not an issue since thanks to Covid, they pushed start date out a year until 10/2021. Better for me, I think my license ran out in December ‘21.

When I renewed my license back 8 or so years ago, they required me to go directly to a DMV location where they gave me an eye test, took a photocopy of my certified birth certificate, took a new picture of me and in addition to that, I had to bring 3 statements from a combination of credit card companies, electric bill, water will, bank statement, etc. So, they already had on file all they needed for the enhanced Driver's License. I remember having to send away to New York City for a duplicate copy of my birth certificate as that was required and the one I had was the actual certificate issued at the time of my birth. That was unacceptable at the time since all it stated was my name, date of birth, mother's maiden name, name of hospital - all written on a hospital form by the delivering doctor in long hand. Things were much simpler in 1944 during the war - not any more.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,177
    This is not a nanny state issue, it's a resource management issue in face of what's possibly worst pandemic since 1918. We can dispute whether it's effective or not, or there are some constitutional interests at stake, but we are nowhere near "police state". Many countries with high level of freedom have much stricter shelter at home rules. I do not know whether Michigan governor is correct or not (I don't live there and don't know the state), but suggesting she'd like to build GDR-like regime basically ends that discussion before it started.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    In other news, Dinan now has an ECU flash for the N55- 63 more hp and 108 lb-ft of torque on 93 octane. The only downside I see is that you can't change the maps- you have to select 91, 93, or 104 octane at installation. At only $699.95 it's a good deal. I'd definitely need the M Performance rear diff, however. Still, for less than $3500 all in it's a reasonable option...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport 2020 C43 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    edited April 2020
    dino001 said:

This is not a nanny state issue, it's a resource management issue in face of what's possibly worst pandemic since 1918. We can dispute whether it's effective or not, or there are some constitutional interests at stake, but we are nowhere near "police state". Many countries with high level of freedom have much stricter shelter at home rules. I do not know whether Michigan governor is correct or not (I don't live there and don't know the state), but suggesting she'd like to build GDR-like regime basically ends that discussion before it started.

Even though here in Broward County we are still in a "Stay at Home" order, it doesn't stop me, or anyone else, from going out to shop for food, go to the doctor, or even go out to buy a car. I went out to pick up my new eyeglasses yesterday and stopped off at the dealership on my way home. But if we go out, we are to wear face coverings or masks and maintain a 6" separation from other people.

Even if we did not have a stay at home order in place by the governor, where the heck are you going to go?

As for buying the new car, I did 99% of the purhcasing and negotiating online and over the phone. Quite frankly, that is the first time I actually got a new car without going into dealerships. Yesterday, I sat in an E450 which was on the showroom floor, but I still have not driven one - mainly because I've had E Class cars before (last one was a 2016 that I bought in 2015) and they really don't drive too differently. Main changes are in the interior and the technology.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    edited April 2020
    dino001 said:

We will have to agree to disagree; I think elected officials like Governor Whitmer are literal examples of the “cure” being worse than the disease- and that will be my final word on the matter.

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,994

dino001 said:

and that will be my final word on the matter.
    ......hopefully.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    driver100 said:

dino001 said:

and that will be my final word on the matter.
    ......hopefully.

The sheeple have spoken!

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,723
    omarman said:

venture said:

Our drivers licenses are for 4 year periods. Every 4 years you have to go to the DMV and get a new picture taken.

They used to give you an eye test too, but that didn't happened the last 2 times I went. I don't know if they stopped doing it or if the person was too lazy to do it. I thought it was a good idea.

If you renew your license in Ohio more than 90 days before expiration it will expire in three years. Otherwise it's 4 years. Yep vision test here too for new or renewal license. I wonder how long before the "standard" option is dropped for either new or renewal.

Ohio "DL-ID" example from BMV posted in 2018. "Compliant" at top and "standard" at bottom.
    Biggest harumph I'm still hearing about all this was the new process of getting the license delivered by the USPS instead of walking out with it.

Omar Williams
    Anytime, Anyplace, Anywhere
    You cut a fine figure there Omar. Usually my license photos come out making me look like they were taken in the morgue. I didn’t know you were so young.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,211
    My mom bought one for a Camry. I still give her crap about that. No surprise, never used it.

All warranties are peace of mind insurance.

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,723

In other news, Dinan now has an ECU flash for the N55- 63 more hp and 108 lb-ft of torque on 93 octane. The only downside I see is that you can't change the maps- you have to select 91, 93, or 104 octane at installation. At only $699.95 it's a good deal. I'd definitely need the M Performance rear diff, however. Still, for less than $3500 all in it's a reasonable option...

Where would you get 104 octane, the airport?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    I applied for a role at Expedia that was eventually put "on hold" and then was rescinded without being hired. I doubt I'll be seeking anything in that industry anytime soon. Their HQ is just a few blocks from where I live, I don't envy those in that industry.

A coworker left for TripAdvisor a few years ago, hope he's ok now that they've just announced 25% layoffs, 20% paycut/4 day workweek and permanent closing of Boston and SF offices (Corp HQ is in Needham, just outside of Boston). And, no 401k match. CEO will take no salary for the rest of 2020.

• Options

Where would you get 104 octane, the airport?
    My local Sunoco sells it in five gallon cans, but yes, I think running the 104 octane map on the street would be far more trouble than it would be worth.

• Options
    Did you see the protesters in MI? Maybe not the people I'd want to defend my cause. I also might keep away from hearsay stories about laws. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy
    who knows this kid who's going with a girl who said you can get arrested for walking your dog ;)

No speech rights on privately owned platforms. If people don't like how a platform is managed, they can leave and make their own.

I'm most amused about mask requirements when there's virtually no place to buy a mask (in person anyway).

For as much as the local rough and tough built it themselves rugged individualists (but with a parentally or publicly funded meal ticket, just ignore that) whine about the governor here, it appears we aren't as dumb as many locations, some solace. Things will open up, hindsight will be 20/20, those who sacrificed nothing and were at no risk will moan the loudest, and the beat goes on.

The Michigan governor has tried the authoritarian approach for control. When folks organized protests about the stringent stay-at-home laws, she retaliated by extending stay-at-home for 2 weeks suggesting it was related to the resistance and by cooperating with big tech social platform in removing the groups--censoring their speech rights.

If I understand the Michigan stay-at-home policy, students out of school weren't even allowed to "congregate" with one other student--that comes from a grandmother friend of ours who lives in Plymouth. No shooting hoops with a buddy in your driveway, e.g., in the ultraviolet and warm temps.

If I owned a second home in Michigan, I'd love to go there because allergies I have are much lessened in Michigan. When I worked there one summer, my allergies were none existence compared to being in Indiana.

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,368
    Some people are lucky and live in a place where Covid-19 is not having much of an effect.
    Here in CT, one of the largest sections in the daily newspaper is the obituaries.
    That is not normal.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I hesitate to post this link, and I trust that it will not encourage any reckless behavior. Drive and/or purchase one of these death traps at you own risk:
    https://www.autoweek.com/news/sports-cars/g32292604/25-rwd-sedans-instead-of-lexus-gs/

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,167
    edited April 2020

I hesitate to post this link, and I trust that it will not encourage any reckless behavior. Drive and/or purchase one of these death traps at you own risk:
    https://www.autoweek.com/news/sports-cars/g32292604/25-rwd-sedans-instead-of-lexus-gs/

My first ordered car was a Mustang with limited slip differential.

That really changed how the rear wheels worked in snow under any acceleration. The rear end broke completely loose instead of both rear wheels keeping traction. Same for wet roads with tar on them in curves or turning.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    edited April 2020
    fintail said:

I'm most amused about mask requirements when there's virtually no place to buy a mask (in person anyway).

Our governor in Ohio, Mike DeWine, announced required masks for entering the few businesses reopening for both sales people and clients. But the next day that was being walked back by him to say they are highly recommended. At least Governor DeWine is responsive.

But the supply of N95 or KN95 masks is thin and many offered on the internet are possibly not what is claimed. And you may not get them. I had ordered a few after my first ones, and the Chinese seller supposedly was shipping from California, but there was a faked tracking to Carol Springs IL and then nothing came. Seller pretended to try to ship again. Then pretended to say he had issued a refund. I was watching the timing and ended up have to claim refund through Ebay before the seller stalled past the time limit.

Good luck getting masks at anything approaching a medium to high price for what appears to be real quality.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    abacomike said:

As for buying the new car, I did 99% of the purhcasing and negotiating online and over the phone. Quite frankly, that is the first time I actually got a new car without going into dealerships. Yesterday, I sat in an E450 which was on the showroom floor, but I still have not driven one - mainly because I've had E Class cars before (last one was a 2016 that I bought in 2015) and they really don't drive too differently. Main changes are in the interior and the technology.

I thought you had been able to visit the store and pick our the first car that was sold before your store could trade for it.

Easy way to buy a car when you can trust what you're going to get.
    But you had done some test driving of other cars that were potential replacements, so you
    were comfortable with your choice now.

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,401
    Speaking of free speech rights, this whole discussion might be taking a break, sooner rather than later.

Just keep it up... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,635
    We don’t need masks. Technically just face coverings. Many people, including us, are just wearing homemade cloth ones. At this point, Etsy is loaded with people making them. Quite the little cottage industry now. Heck, a bandana is acceptable.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    Costco just announced masks required starting Monday. I'll have a choice of the crappy one I made from a cloth napkin, or my balaclava/hockey helmet combo (looks weird with just the balaclava, I might as well go all-in and have some fun with it).

Some of the stuff from banner ads and "partner" sellers on amazon and ebay appears especially sketchy, one can guess where it is being sourced from. Maybe the etsy crafter set is filling this need, I will have to take a look sometime.

Our governor in Ohio, Mike DeWine, announced required masks for entering the few businesses reopening for both sales people and clients. But the next day that was being walked back by him to say they are highly recommended. At least Governor DeWine is responsive.

But the supply of N95 or KN95 masks is thin and many offered on the internet are possibly not what is claimed. And you may not get them. I had ordered a few after my first ones, and the Chinese seller supposedly was shipping from California, but there was a faked tracking to Carol Springs IL and then nothing came. Seller pretended to try to ship again. Then pretended to say he had issued a refund. I was watching the timing and ended up have to claim refund through Ebay before the seller stalled past the time limit.

Good luck getting masks at anything approaching a medium to high price for what appears to be real quality.

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 242,014
    stickguy said:

We don’t need masks. Technically just face coverings. Many people, including us, are just wearing homemade cloth ones. At this point, Etsy is loaded with people making them. Quite the little cottage industry now. Heck, a bandana is acceptable.

My wife has ordered us some cloth masks from a seller on Etsy. No clear picture of when they might arrive, but we may be using them for some months, going forward.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    It was convenient that my wife can sew, and has a hoarder stash of materials. Only problem was running out of elastic!

• Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,499
    edited April 2020
    Michaell said:

stickguy said:

My wife has ordered us some cloth masks from a seller on Etsy. No clear picture of when they might arrive, but we may be using them for some months, going forward.

Yeah, a choice between Loving Hands at Home, Hello Kitty or a crocheted doily :p .

• Options
    I know we will be wearing masks, I know we should wear masks........but, I have a real mental block about wearing one. :(

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 242,014
    carnaught said:

Michaell said:

stickguy said:

Yeah, a choice between Loving Hands at Home, Hello Kitty or a crocheted doily :p .

If something like that shows up for me, I might post a picture of it.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    stickguy said:

A friend made a couple for me. We still have N95 masks from the Thomas Fire 3 years ago (they handed them out to everyone in the county!) but I can’t find mine, so I’m going with cloth with an insertable filter.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,127
    ab348 said:

@oldfarmer50
    Here's an idea for dressing up one of your buildings there at the farm.

This was put up on the Haldeman museum near me. Haldeman was connected to designing the Mustang or something.

https://haldermanmustang.com/

Gale Halderman was a Ford designer for 40 years. I just read an interview he did for Collectible Automobile many years ago and it is remarkable the number of vehicles he was involved with over the years, from the '57 Ford to the Lincoln Mark VIII, along with all the history of Ford from the '50s through the '90s that he witnessed. The interview indicates that he worked directly with George Walker, Elwood Engel and Gene Bordinat in the early years, witnessed the corporate maneuvering that led to Bordinat becoming head of design, and was in regular contact with all of the names in Ford management in those years, from Iacocca to Bunkie, Petersen, Caldwell, Bourke and even the members of the Ford family at times.The museum site is mentioned in the interview as being the former family homestead (presumably left to him as he was an only child) and at the time was still just that. I guess he and his family thought they should do something with it. One of the pictures on the museum website you linked shows the Mustang on the barn and it appears to be a plywood or plastic cutout of some sort attached to the wall.
    Sad news... Gale Haldeman has passed away. Here is a nice tribute to him:

https://www.torquenews.com/9539/mustang-designer-gale-halderman-passes-away

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    I'm not a fan, either. Still haven't worn one in public. I know it's a nice gesture, but I'll likely wait til I am required. It'll be interesting to see what banks do. Of course, I only visit a bank lobby/teller maybe once a year.

Masks will make "this will only take a second" really fun

I still like the full-on Mad Max thing. It might offend the serious people, but kids will be amused, and that's worth more.
    driver100 said:

I know we will be wearing masks, I know we should wear masks........but, I have a real mental block about wearing one. :(

• Options
    ab348 said:

ab348 said:

@oldfarmer50

This was put up on the Haldeman museum near me. Haldeman was connected to designing the Mustang or something.

Gale Halderman was a Ford designer for 40 years. I just read an interview he did for Collectible Automobile many years ago and it is remarkable the number of vehicles he was involved with over the years, from the '57 Ford to the Lincoln Mark VIII, along with all the history of Ford from the '50s through the '90s that he witnessed. The interview indicates that he worked directly with George Walker, Elwood Engel and Gene Bordinat in the early years, witnessed the corporate maneuvering that led to Bordinat becoming head of design, and was in regular contact with all of the names in Ford management in those years, from Iacocca to Bunkie, Petersen, Caldwell, Bourke and even the members of the Ford family at times.The museum site is mentioned in the interview as being the former family homestead (presumably left to him as he was an only child) and at the time was still just that. I guess he and his family thought they should do something with it. One of the pictures on the museum website you linked shows the Mustang on the barn and it appears to be a plywood or plastic cutout of some sort attached to the wall.

ab348 said:

ab348 said:

@oldfarmer50

Quite a legend....imagine going to bed at night knowing you designed the first Mustang.

They said he made his design on one half of a clay model, another guy made his design on the other side, Iaccoca looked at both and chose his design. I would love to see the other side.

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,127
    driver100 said:

Quite a legend....imagine going to bed at night knowing you designed the first Mustang.

They said he made his design on one half of a clay model, another guy made his design on the other side, Iaccoca looked at both and chose his design. I would love to see the other side.

Here it is:

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,751
    edited April 2020

Thank you for linking to a list that includes Jaguar (that's not putting it in the bottom of reliability ratings!). I feel like the odd-man-marque-fan out. Love the fact they noted the XF was "awesome" when it debuted. I still think it is so.

Having said that, does it make me a small man in that I won't consider a BMW 5er as the ex-wife drives one?

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    edited April 2020
    https://youtu.be/wzmVCSfRR38 Must See TV!

The original was a 15-minute must see. This one is longer, and more in-depth.

I find many of the same silliness in the "speed kills" crowd from US studies, reports, and fake news as does this group with the Canadian versions. This is why the "speed kills" crowd seems so silly to us.

While I can come off as condenscending when I see misleading highly biased sources used to defend ones incorrect opinions, this guy sees it the same way, is more eloquent, and kind to those same people. :smile:
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,954
    I wouldn’t dare post about N
    fintail said:

I applied for a role at Expedia that was eventually put "on hold" and then was rescinded without being hired. I doubt I'll be seeking anything in that industry anytime soon. Their HQ is just a few blocks from where I live, I don't envy those in that industry.

A coworker left for TripAdvisor a few years ago, hope he's ok now that they've just announced 25% layoffs, 20% paycut/4 day workweek and permanent closing of Boston and SF offices (Corp HQ is in Needham, just outside of Boston). And, no 401k match. CEO will take no salary for the rest of 2020.

Yeah corporate retail is bad but nothing compared to anything in the travel industry!

My search is bone dry at the moment!

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    edited April 2020
    ab348 said:

ab348 said:

@oldfarmer50

Thanks so much for posting that. I hadn't heard anything about his passing. I would have thought the local paper that sends me news updates 3 or 4 times a day with several shorts in each would have noted it. Or the Tv stations.

I bought a 67 Mustang with my Dad's help, new. When I drove around Oxford or into Cincinnati I was amazed that other Mustang drivers, of the 65/66/67's, would wave. Many wore thin driving gloves like some foreign car drivers would wear.

When in a few years I went to replace the shock absorbers, I tried the Ford replacements. Not the same. I tried Monroe's and they were useless. I had ordered the heavy duty suspension with 50/50 shocks. Gave a super well controlled ride. Stiff sway bar.

I wrote a letter to Ford asking about how to get the 50/50 replacements as were used on the original car since they weren't available over the counter. I believe I had included the numbers from the originals, that the parts counter couldn't order. Engineering numbers I believe they called them. A few weeks later, a bundle of 50/50 shocks arrived at my door step from Ford. No request for return of the ones I had bought from Ford for replacements. AND they were the original shock type that was on the Mustang.

The Mustang did have a cult of followers that Ford recognized.

• Options
    houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327

Thank you for linking to a list that includes Jaguar (that's not putting it in the bottom of reliability ratings!). I feel like the odd-man-marque-fan out. Love the fact they noted the XF was "awesome" when it debuted. I still think it is so.

Having said that, does it make me a small man in that I won't consider a BMW 5er as the ex-wife drives one?
    Yes, that kills the 5er for you, but I bet you would look great in a 7 series.

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• Options
    I see the influence on the 66-67 Falcon in that too, interesting.
    ab348 said:

Here it is:

• Options
    Likewise, pretty much. I've had a couple prospects get back to me just to tell me they are in a holding pattern - I suppose that's nice courtesy, anyway. It's looking like I might have extra free time for spring and maybe summer. Maybe time to get back to that SQL course, as it looks like there will still be nowhere to go and all day to get there, travel wise. Still optimistic though, in the long run, and I am feel infinitely grateful to not be in dire straits at the moment.
    tjc78 said:

Yeah corporate retail is bad but nothing compared to anything in the travel industry!

• Options
    that passenger side design makes me think Pontiac. Reminds me of an early Tempest.

• Options
    edited April 2020
    ab348 said:

ab348 said:

@oldfarmer50

My dad bought one of the first Mustangs in KY, black over red, 260 V8. I was just 7 and remembered how it drew a crowd whenever we went somewhere. He followed with a 1967 and 1970, but then bought a series of deadly dull Caprices. Meh. A few years before he died he bought a 1986 Mark VII LSC. My uncle worked at Ford and had several Mustangs, the coolest being a 1966 GT notchback; Vintage Burgundy with the the hi-po 289 and four speed manual.
    I guess I lack the Blue Oval gene.

• Options
    fintail said:

Likewise, pretty much. I've had a couple prospects get back to me just to tell me they are in a holding pattern - I suppose that's nice courtesy, anyway. It's looking like I might have extra free time for spring and maybe summer. Maybe time to get back to that SQL course, as it looks like there will still be nowhere to go and all day to get there, travel wise. Still optimistic though, in the long run, and I am feel infinitely grateful to not be in dire straits at the moment.

tjc78 said:

Hope you find employment soon.

• Options
    edited April 2020

I guess I lack the Blue Oval gene.

I adored my brother's Fords when I was little--13 years young than he was. A '50 and then a '55. I wrote Ford V8 as return address on cards when I would mail things to him and his wife. I wanted to drive Fords when I
    was old enough.

But I lost the fixation after my 73 Torino. Actually the Mustangs requiring spark plugs
    every few thousand miles was the start. Became a GM fan, til now.

• Options
    ab348 said:

driver100 said:

Here it is:

Thanks ab...now I will sleep tonight knowing what it looked like. I see Falcon and Tempest were mentioned, and I agree, see a little of each in that design. I am glad they chose the other design - it has some real unique qualities.......and for that design to hold up for over 50 years is remarkable.

• Options
    To follow up on something I mentioned earlier, my Cobalt's airbag light had come on and stayed on rather than going on and off as I drove like it did last summer or fall. But it's fixed now. It went off after 3 weeks of ON.

I'm going to have to buy a scanner that can read airbag codes. I held off thinking I'd just put that money toward the repair at "the guys" dealership and let them do it.

I wonder if the airbag codes are stored in history... so I could use a scanner to find what the code was...

• Options
    tjc and fin....what an awful time to be searching for a job.....my heart goes out to you. I hope we get past this virus thing and the economy comes booming back, and more workers are needed everywhere. :)

• Options
    Not sure this will show up: I couldn't do the original sketch of the mustang, but these were other possibilities.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/1965-ford-mustang-from-sketch-to-production-wvideo-397619/?galleryImageId=1211129

Glad they chose the one they did!

• Options
    edited April 2020
    @driver100
    That's a great find. It includes the two-sided original mockup in clay. Shows both sides and the front.
    With dates.

Pics are from driver's link above.

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,368
    Good picture of the left side of the styling prototype. No wonder Iacocca picked that design.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert