Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,679

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

@tjc78
    My friend always tries to park away from other cars. He parked his dark blue Volvo all on it's own, and came back to find this:

————————————————
    That looks like a truck that’s earned 4 flat tires.

jmonroe
    I was just thinking the same thing.
    One of my friends had some loudmouth punks cut in front of him and grab a parking space. He called them on it and they flipped him off. He waited until they went into the store and then he got his cordless drill and carefully drilled out all four tire valves.
    Not too bright of them to insult him and then leave their car vulnerable. Kind of like sending a meal back and insulting the chief.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    edited November 2023

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

@tjc78
    My friend always tries to park away from other cars. He parked his dark blue Volvo all on it's own, and came back to find this:

All that "white stuff" on the cars and on the ground looks familiar - but I just can't place the name or what it is. Must be my age catching up to my brain cells. If I remember correctly, that stuff comes down like rain or hail - am I correct so far? But I just can't seem to identify the stuff! B)
    It's another 4-letter word. Please don't say it here. Added into another 4-letter word that's measured in F or C and we have something I dread to see coming to O H I O, yet another 4-letter word.

Car shows of any potention have ended in O H I O and I'm suffering withdrawal. If wife were healthier to be able to travel, I'd look up some larger car shows in mid-Southern states and make visits there
    You forgot the most obscene four letter word ‘salt’.

I think there’s a car show in Albany NY this week and we just had our first hard frost of the season. Hop on I-90 and head east.

Now I can’t promise you won’t hit 3 feet of that white stuff in Buffalo on the way back.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,098

Maybe you should emulate Roadburner’s friend and keep a cordless drill in your vehicle to teach them a lesson.

Just don’t let them see you do it.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    edited November 2023
    Back when I was driving for a living ('98 - '00) I took a certain amount of pride in how I parked, whether it was a fully-loaded combination or just the tractor. My KW COE had only a 120" wheelbase, so I could routinely park it in fast food lots, and did. The worst epithet that could be uttered had to do with "company drivers," who didn't actually park their trucks so much as abandon them in the truck stop lot. Still going on, apparently, even on the small scale.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    ventureventure Member Posts: 2,883
    andres3 said:

tjc78 said:

@roadburner said:

I've been pleasantly surprised with the Distronic in the C43 and the adaptive cruise in the Wrangler. The Distronic is relaxing to use on long interstate slogs.

Adaptive cruise is one of my favorite newer features. I kick myself for not getting it on my Ram. The outgoing Volvo had it as does the new EQE.

I could never use or live with adaptive cruise. For one, it relies upon the idiot in front of you to know how to drive.

Not exactly.

We were on I-695 around Baltimore last summer and I could see traffic slowing ahead. As I got closer I could see it actually was stopped.

I never touched the brake pedal. The car slowly stopped. Of course, I had my foot hovering above the brake pedal since I never tried this before. Venturette was playing a game on her phone and never noticed.

The next time I did it she freaked out. :#

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,977
    abacomike said:

driver100 said:

@tjc78

All that "white stuff" on the cars and on the ground looks familiar - but I just can't place the name or what it is. Must be my age catching up to my brain cells. If I remember correctly, that stuff comes down like rain or hail - am I correct so far? But I just can't seem to identify the stuff! B)
    Nice to hear from you....I was going to ask where you have been lately. That picture was taken about 3 winters ago.
    I head for Florida tomorrow......I haven't seen any snow here near Toronto yet, but I did see some in early October when we flew over the Rockies :D .
    I won't miss the cold and snow for the next 5 months!
    And yes, insurance, taxes, groceries, everything is going up in price - unfortunately!

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,563

Never buy a new build house with allowances. Big mistake. And also never believe what a RE salesperson that wants to sell you a house says.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,435

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

@tjc78

————————————————

jmonroe
    One of my friends had some loudmouth punks cut in front of him and grab a parking space. He called them on it and they flipped him off. He waited until they went into the store and then he got his cordless drill and carefully drilled out all four tire valves.
    This is a good way to get yourself killed.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,179
    edited November 2023
    kyfdx said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

@tjc78

————————————————

jmonroe
    Or at the very least get caught on camera, sued, and maybe have someone doxx the living daylights out of you.
  • Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    kyfdx said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

@tjc78

————————————————

jmonroe
    with the inflation on tires; the value of 4 is certainly an act of war.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    Another question for JMonroe, professional flipper.

kitchen cabinets. Seems that all but the nosebleed price brands come with "furniture board" boxes standard (AKA particle board from what I can tell with a PR campaign name change). Or for a exorbitant nominal fee, can upgrade to plywood.

so the question is, is it worth an upcharge? and if so how big a one? Just curious if this is also marketing spin, where they convince you of the need to do a big upgrade because it sounds important, but in reality, the cheaper material is as good (and sometimes better) than the upgrade stuff.

• Options
    stickguy said:

Never buy a new build house with allowances. Big mistake. And also never believe what a RE salesperson that wants to sell you a house says.

Ruh-roh.

• Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,571
    stickguy said:

kitchen cabinets. Seems that all but the nosebleed price brands come with "furniture board" boxes standard (AKA particle board from what I can tell with a PR campaign name change). Or for a exorbitant nominal fee, can upgrade to plywood.

so the question is, is it worth an upcharge? and if so how big a one? Just curious if this is also marketing spin, where they convince you of the need to do a big upgrade because it sounds important, but in reality, the cheaper material is as good (and sometimes better) than the upgrade stuff.

————————————————
    Plywood cabinets are usually a very big upcharge. Note that I said upcharge and not upgrade. You have to see how the non-plywood cabinets are made. Look at them and I mean crawl all over them. Most of the better non-plywood cabinets are pretty good. Just be sure what ever you get has solid hardwood stiles and rails. Oak and maple are the best. This is what holds your doors on so solid hardwood is a must.

FWIW, because of the price we have never bought plywood cabinets for our flips and when I bought and installed the cabinets I have in the house I live in now in 1998 I didn’t go for plywood boxes but I did get dovetailed drawers. Drawers are pulled on for the life of the cabinet but no one pulls on the boxes.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,397

We just ordered cabinets for our Reno. Fully custom cabinets, plywood boxes, mdf for the doors since we’re doing a blue color for the cabinets. Dovetailed, soft close drawers, some cabinet organization and pull out shelves etc and the whole thing came in under 30k. But we got several bids that were north of 50k for the exact same.

2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options

We just ordered cabinets for our Reno. Fully custom cabinets, plywood boxes, mdf for the doors since we’re doing a blue color for the cabinets. Dovetailed, soft close drawers, some cabinet organization and pull out shelves etc and the whole thing came in under 30k. But we got several bids that were north of 50k for the exact same.

————————————————
    You said, “fully custom cabinets”. To me fully custom cabinets for a kitchen does not include ANY filler boards. When we had our house built in SC in 1992 the builder didn’t deal with cabinet shops that used filler boards. I don’t think one cabinet in our kitchen was a standard size. If the layout called for a 37 5/8 inch wall cabinet that’s what we got.

One of the builders in our development made the kitchen cabinets on site. When I walked through a few houses there were piles of hardwood stacked up for the kitchen cabinets. I wouldn’t have believed it if I didn’t see it myself. When I went back and looked at the finished kitchen it was perfect. You had to see it to believe it.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,367
    fintail said:

kyfdx said:

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

@tjc78

————————————————

jmonroe
    Or at the very least get caught on camera, sued, and maybe have someone doxx the living daylights out of you.
    My friend did that back in the '90s; he's mellowed considerably since.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options

@jmonroe1 said:
    ————————————————
    You said, “fully custom cabinets”. To me fully custom cabinets for a kitchen does not include ANY filler boards. When we had our house built in SC in 1992 the builder didn’t deal with cabinet shops that used filler boards. I don’t think one cabinet in our kitchen was a standard size. If the layout called for a 37 5/8 inch wall cabinet that’s what we got.

One of the builders in our development made the kitchen cabinets on site. When I walked through a few houses there were piles of hardwood stacked up for the kitchen cabinets. I wouldn’t have believed it if I didn’t see it myself. When I went back and looked at the finished kitchen it was perfect. You had to see it to believe it.

jmonroe

To my knowledge we’re not getting any filler board but now I need to look.

• Options
    edited November 2023
    stickguy said:

You don’t see the insides of cabinets after they’re filled so what difference does it make? I could see if one material disintegrated and the cabinets fell off the wall but otherwise who cares?

You got me curious so I looked at my 41 year old kitchen cabinets and indeed the box is plywood except for the top which is some kind of thin board which I guess makes sense for a low stress part. The fronts are all oak.

My bathroom cabinets are all particleboard covered with some kind of wood grain plastic. By the time I got to the bathroom I was running out of money.

• Options
    Thanks. JM. Will likely be Homecrest cabinets. So not cheapo grade, decent not high end maybe? None of the options are truly custom I don't think. Their standard is furniture board for everything. Mid-grade is side (end) panels in plywood. Next upgrade is all plywood.

the first design was done with Wood-Mode Brookhaven cabinets. A fairly good sized kitchen I guess (about 14x16 with an island and cabinets on 3 sides) but not huge, and not crazy fancy. The cabinets alone (just delivered, not installed, the builder covers that) was going to be $47K including tax. Absurdly above allowance. That comes out to be about $2,500 per box, including normal uppers. Just crazy IMO. I could have added a whole extra garage wing for less than that.

told the designer it was very pretty, but go back and try again to cut the cost in half, minimum, for the whole project. meaning the cabinets probably needed to drop more than that (plus we were cutting some pieces out).

I think we are down to a sink, fridge, range, a metal bakers rack from Aldis, and the box the fridge came in for a pantry.

• Options
    stickguy said:

Thanks. JM. Will likely be Homecrest cabinets. So not cheapo grade, decent not high end maybe? None of the options are truly custom I don't think. Their standard is furniture board for everything. Mid-grade is side (end) panels in plywood. Next upgrade is all plywood.

the first design was done with Wood-Mode Brookhaven cabinets. A fairly good sized kitchen I guess (about 14x16 with an island and cabinets on 3 sides) but not huge, and not crazy fancy. The cabinets alone (just delivered, not installed, the builder covers that) was going to be $47K including tax. Absurdly above allowance. That comes out to be about $2,500 per box, including normal uppers. Just crazy IMO. I could have added a whole extra garage wing for less than that.

told the designer it was very pretty, but go back and try again to cut the cost in half, minimum, for the whole project. meaning the cabinets probably needed to drop more than that (plus we were cutting some pieces out).

I think we are down to a sink, fridge, range, a metal bakers rack from Aldis, and the box the fridge came in for a pantry.

————————————————
    I’ve learned over the years kitchen designers especially if they are women are like car salesman. They shoot for MSRP and ADM stuff figuring that the wives of most buyers want all that glitz no matter how much it costs. When the customer says no, all of a sudden, they can find something nice that works just fine.

FWIW, I’m the Son of a kitchen designer but they were called kitchen salesman back in those days. It pays to buy better than builders grade and when my parents moved to the burbs in the mid 50’s and built a 3 BR one bath one garage home, my father got an allowance from the builder for the standard cabinets he provided and got what he sold. Not the most expensive but a few notches up from builders grade.

My Mom had the talk of the development cabinets with stainless steel single built in oven and stainless steel cook top. Even had a new fangled single handle kitchen faucet. According to my Father all that cost him, back then, was about 200 bucks. There wasn’t a woman in the development that didn’t want my Mom’s kitchen. The best part of this was that my Father eventually got the contract with the builder to provide cabinets for the remaining homes in a pretty large housing development.

Sometimes spending a little more in the right places gets you all of what you paid for and more. Sometimes a lot more.

jmonroe
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,155
    edited November 2023
    In another thread someone mentioned using a battery drill to deflate tires on a car that
    took a parking place the other person was aiming for. ( @roadburner )

Here a story about auto theft stopped with a forklift--in Ohio--thief
    stuck in car off the ground.

https://www.kktv.com/2023/11/02/auto-business-workers-use-forklift-prevent-theft-suspect-escaping-video-shows/

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,940

Trying to be pretty transparent with you all on the electric. Was out running errands this morning and car was at 45% so I figured I would charge it up.

Two chargers occupied, two down. Called number on machine.. on hold for one minute. Connected to an agent and she rebooted both terminals. Added a total of maybe 3 mins of charging.

Guy next me said he never even thought to call when a machine was down.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options

In another thread someone mentioned using a battery drill to deflate tires on a car that
    took a parking place the other person was aiming for. ( @roadburner )

Here a story about auto theft stopped with a forklift--in Ohio--thief
    stuck in car off the ground.

https://www.kktv.com/2023/11/02/auto-business-workers-use-forklift-prevent-theft-suspect-escaping-video-shows/

————————————————
    That’s one way to do it. I foresee a spike in fork truck sales for businesses coming up. Even indoor businesses. Just pick the thief up by his suspenders and call the police.

jmonroe
  • Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,330

Surely, I jest.

I've been lucky, only very occasionally have I encountered gas lines at Costco. So far, never at my local BJs.

My local Costco unless you go there on February 30th you won't see less than two cars waiting for each pump. Add that to the fact that it's out of the way and I am never near it unless we go shopping there makes it a bad choice.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options

jmonroe1 said:

driver100 said:

@tjc78

————————————————

jmonroe
    Not the smartest thing to do as a lot of parking lots have security cameras and you friend could have been seen doing this. It's called vandalism and is rather illegal.

• Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    Very sad day in the Carnaught family. Son’s cherished 7 y.o.Boston Terrier has gone to the Rainbow Bridge 🥲.
  • Options

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

@tjc78

It's another 4-letter word. Please don't say it here. Added into another 4-letter word that's measured in F or C and we have something I dread to see coming to O H I O, yet another 4-letter word.

Car shows of any potention have ended in O H I O and I'm suffering withdrawal. If wife were healthier to be able to travel, I'd look up some larger car shows in mid-Southern states and make visits there
    It was unseasonable warm (upper 50's, 15 for our Canadian friends or 287 for our egg head friends) yesterday and today promises the same thing. If so the bike get out for another last hurrah of the season.

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,940

@carnaught said:
    Very sad day in the Carnaught family. Son’s cherished 7 y.o.Boston Terrier has gone to the Rainbow Bridge 🥲.

Sorry to hear. 7 is very young.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    carnaught said:

————————————————
    That’s rough. 7 is way too young for a dog. Was there an ongoing problem or was this a sudden occurrence?

jmonroe
  • Options

abacomike said:

driver100 said:

@tjc78

It was unseasonable warm (upper 50's, 15 for our Canadian friends or 287 for our egg head friends) yesterday and today promises the same thing. If so the bike get out for another last hurrah of the season.
    ————————————————
    Hope you kept the old pedals you removed with plans to buy new in the Spring.

jmonroe
  • Options

@jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

jmonroe

————————————————
    I should have mentioned that just because you have “filler boards” doesn’t mean that you don’t have top of the line quality cabinets. When you come right down to it, almost all cabinets are custom made for the ordering customer. Especially when they are painted. No cabinet maker can have all styles and colors sitting in a box ready to be shipped to customers.

However, real custom made cabinets are made to non-standard sizes to fit a specific kitchen and doing it without using “filler boards”.

jmonroe
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,367
    carnaught said:

I'm very sorry. My father raised show Bostons to pay his way through college and law school. I still have a couple of trophies that his dogs won. They are great dogs if a bit strong-willed.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport; 2020 C43; 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i Son's: 2009 328i; 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    jmonroe1 said:

@jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

jmonroe

————————————————
    I should have mentioned that just because you have “filler boards” doesn’t mean that you don’t have top of the line quality cabinets. When you come right down to it, almost all cabinets are custom made for the ordering customer. Especially when they are painted. No cabinet maker can have all styles and colors sitting in a box ready to be shipped to customers.

However, real custom made cabinets are made to non-standard sizes to fit a specific kitchen and doing it without using “filler boards”.

jmonroe

They were unloading my cabinets... and, I said: That isn't my cabinet. I don't have any 60" cabinets.

They had made the 36" sink cabinet and adjacent 23" drawer base as one single cabinet. :o

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

jmonroe1 said:

@jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

jmonroe

————————————————

jmonroe
    They were unloading my cabinets... and, I said: That isn't my cabinet. I don't have any 60" cabinets.

They had made the 36" sink cabinet and adjacent 23" drawer base as one single cabinet. :o

————————————————
    I’m sure you meant 24 inch adjacent base cabinet. Having a larger base cabinet like that is an installers dream because you don’t have to spend the time joining 2 cabinets together making sure the stiles are perfectly aligned. Plus you only have to level one large cabinet.

When we install base cabinets we try to join 2 of them by putting them side by side on a piece OSB placed temporarily on top of the island cabinets to get the stiles lined up. Just an installers way of cheating when cabinets are installed. However, you need a couple of strong backs to lift it into place. Still worth it to us, though.

jmonroe
  • Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,498
    jmonroe1 said:

carnaught said:

————————————————
    That’s rough. 7 is way too young for a dog. Was there an ongoing problem or was this a sudden occurrence?

jmonroe

The pup was going blind over the last 1-2 mos and in the last 24-36 hrs sleeping almost constantly, just out of it, would not take water plus rolling his eyes, probable seizures. He was the sweetest, best disposition and mellow dog.

Many thanks to you and others for your comments, condolences.
  • Options
    jmonroe1 said:

kyfdx said:

jmonroe1 said:

@jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

jmonroe

————————————————

jmonroe

————————————————
    I’m sure you meant 24 inch adjacent base cabinet. Having a larger base cabinet like that is an installers dream because you don’t have to spend the time joining 2 cabinets together making sure the stiles are perfectly aligned. Plus you only have to level one large cabinet.

When we install base cabinets we try to join 2 of them by putting them side by side on a piece OSB placed temporarily on top of the island cabinets to get the stiles lined up. Just an installers way of cheating when cabinets are installed. However, you need a couple of strong backs to lift it into place. Still worth it to us, though.

jmonroe

Why do you think it isn’t 23”? Custom job.

Our island is a single 70” cabinet with 2 sets of 34.5” drawers.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

OK I just was changing pants after some yard cleanup and I took out my spare change out of a pocket and tossed it on the dresser and this is how it landed.

• Options

OK I just was changing pants after some yard cleanup and I took out my spare change out of a pocket and tossed it on the dresser and this is how it landed.

Quick, buy a lottery ticket.

• Options
    kyfdx said:

jmonroe1 said:

kyfdx said:

jmonroe1 said:

@jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

jmonroe

————————————————

jmonroe

————————————————

jmonroe
    Why do you think it isn’t 23”? Custom job.

Our island is a single 70” cabinet with 2 sets of 34.5” drawers.
    ————————————————
    Because you said you saw a 60 inch cabinet being unloaded. Then went on to say 36 inch sink front cabinet and adjacent 23 inch drawer base cabinet. To me that’s 59 inches not 60 inches.

And BTW, 2 sets of 34.5 inch cabinets is 69 inches not 70 inches. There must be something you’re not telling us.

jmonroe
  • Options
    Canada got rid of pennies a number of years ago. I haven’t heard many resultant tales of woe since. There was some recent talk about ridding us of nickels too. Not sure how much traction that has. Of course we no longer have $1 or $2 bills either.

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,977
    carnaught said:

Really sorry to hear this @carnaught . 7 is young for a little dog. We have lost a few over the years and there isn't anything words can say, except I know how bad it feels. But, the Boston did have a good life and that is as much as you can do for your beloved pet.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options

@carnaught said:

Sorry for your loss. Dogs are truly part of the family and their parting does leave a hole in your life.

• Options

@jmonroe1 said:
    ————————————————

jmonroe

Well I am thinking of getting floorboards for the beast.

• Options

@oldfarmer50 said:
    Quick, buy a lottery ticket.

If I was superstitious I would.

• Options
    ab348 said:

Canada got rid of pennies a number of years ago. I haven’t heard many resultant tales of woe since. There was some recent talk about ridding us of nickels too. Not sure how much traction that has. Of course we no longer have $1 or $2 bills either.

————————————————
    Maybe you should move to a civilization where all coins and bills are in play and the currency isn’t worthless. B)

jmonroe
  • Options

@jmonroe1 said:

————————————————

jmonroe

Well I am thinking of getting floorboards for the beast.

————————————————
    When you’re finished with that we’d like to see it.

jmonroe
  • Options

Sigh. One of our garage door springs blew out. I love homeownership.

• Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    Somebody needs to.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    edited November 2023

Sigh. One of our garage door springs blew out. I love homeownership.

————————————————
    You said one spring so that tells me you have the older design with a spring above each side rail. Those are easy to replace. Just leave the door in the down position and use the good spring as a guide for how to replace the broken one. Then open the door to see if it works.

Then put the door down and replace the good spring. It’s a good idea to change in pairs because the one that didn’t break is well on its way.

You’ll save money and by the time you called “the guy” and he gets there you’ll be on your second 6 pack.

EDIT: put the door in the UP position before changing the spring.

jmonroe
  • Options

Yes, not having the spring under tension when taking it off is a good idea.