Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558

Toured our new house today to check out electrical. Completely forgot to look at PEX fittings.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,096
    tjc78 said:

They are white. Not ultra pure white but very close. I already forget the color name.

Huh. I looked at your pics on 2 different machines and on both they looked like a cream color, certainly nothing I would call white. The other pics of a different kitchen you put in a followup post do look white. Strange.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,928

And keen eyes will notice our old > @ab348 said:

Huh. I looked at your pics on 2 different machines and on both they looked like a cream color, certainly nothing I would call white. The other pics of a different kitchen you put in a followup post do look white. Strange.

Probably the lighting. The two pictures of the other kitchens were from the real estate listings with far better lighting and cameras. I agree they look whiter

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,323
    The frenzy for the approaching Eclipse is building.
    Estimates are around 200K people will be visitng the area to see it.
    Area schools are closing for the day.
    https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2024/03/downtown-cleveland-road-closures-parking-info-for-april-8-solar-eclipse.html
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options

@explorerx4
    Wild! Can’t believe schools are closing

• Options
    @tjc78,
    They are worried kids won't be able to get home from school.
    Eclipse is going to start about 2 PM and go until about 4:30 PM.
    The Total Eclipse is only from 3:13 PM until 3:17 PM.
  • Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,566
    stickguy said:

Toured our new house today to check out electrical. Completely forgot to look at PEX fittings.

————————————————-
    That was a wasted visit, huh? When do you plan to take the makeup test? :#

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2024/03/downtown-cleveland-road-closures-parking-info-for-april-8-solar-eclipse.html

————————————————
    I should be investing in Cleveland parking garages next month instead of the market.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's. '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options

@explorerx4 said:
    @tjc78,

Makes sense, better safe than sorry with the kids.

• Options
    pensfan83pensfan83 Member Posts: 2,559
    We'll be in Florida touring Kennedy Space Center that day. It won't be a total eclipse though, looks like around 70%.
    1997 Honda Prelude Base - 2022 Acura MDX Type S Advance - 2021 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road - 2006 BMW 330Ci ZHP
  • Options
    Cleveland area is in one of the sweet spots for the Total Eclipse.
  • Options

Cleveland area is in one of the sweet spots for the Total Eclipse.

————————————————
    I never knew there was anything sweet about Cleveland unless you think a river there that caught fire is sweet.

jmonroe
  • Options
    dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,166
    edited March 28

@tjc78,

It sounds more like "first-world problem" to me whipped up by the media. There is more than enough light with the 90% eclipsed Sun, so it's really going to be just a few minutes of dusk followed with four minutes of dark and another few minutes of dawn. An the dark would not be really dark, as there is still crown of light around the Moon. The darkness may be more pronounced only if there is also full overcast of dark clouds.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    edited March 28
    I went to the eclipse several years ago, and chose to see it on a backroad in WY. It was interesting, but not as good as I expected. One needs to realize that while you might be in the area of totality, it's not very many miles away that it's more like twilight. It got dim, but not really dark, and I was pretty sure I got on the right line. There were cars all up and down the road (US 85 NW of Torrington FWIW), but the people across the hwy from me turned out to be astrophysicists with several excellent telescopes, among other things, so I was pretty sure I'd nailed the line. Either way, while it was no big deal getting there it was the worst traffic jam I've ever been in getting out. It took me most of seven hours to get back to my Denver motel.

Anyway, my wife wasn't along for that (she and her sister were touring Ireland), so I thought it might be worthwhile to see about both of us watching this one, arriving a day or so in advance and leaving at least a day past "the event." Texas is about the closest to us, so I checked a couple of locations right on the line of totality. $500 a night for a (normally) cheap motel was as good as it got, and upwards of $900 wasn't uncommon. Discussing it with my wife, we decided it wasn't worth the two or three days drive to get there and a similar time coming home at huge cost, besides which, what if it's cloudy?

WMMV
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    There is going to be a real local impact from all the people coming to see it.
    My attitude is more like:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqNwo2NpmGY
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,950

There’s an eclipse coming? Uh-oh. Better run to the store for water and toilet paper.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    dino001 said:

@tjc78,

It sounds more like "first-world problem" to me whipped up by the media. There is more than enough light with the 90% eclipsed Sun, so it's really going to be just a few minutes of dusk followed with four minutes of dark and another few minutes of dawn. An the dark would not be really dark, as there is still crown of light around the Moon. The darkness may be more pronounced only if there is also full overcast of dark clouds.
    It's traffic, not daylight...

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mjfloyd1 said:

Looks like my youngest is going to be a Butler Bulldog. She was offered a spot on the competition cheer team and that sealed the deal ( as well as getting into their honors program).

Nice that both will be in Indianapolis

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,280

@kyfdx said:

They are predicting 300,000 to 400,000 extra visitors here and anticipate a 30% uptick in MVAs (of course not speed related😂 since it will be gridlock)

Thankfully I’m on call…

• Options
    mjfloyd1 said:

@kyfdx said:

They are predicting 300,000 to 400,000 extra visitors here and anticipate a 30% uptick in MVAs (of course not speed related😂 since it will be gridlock)

Thankfully I’m on call…

Can I camp out in your driveway? How far are you from the center line?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited March 28
    Closest is Vincennes IN

I have 5 acres and some space over the septic mound😂

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/local/2024/02/23/durations-times-locations-solar-eclipse-indiana-cities-rare-astronomy-solar-glasses-indy-bloomington/72699596007/

It will be interesting because Bloomington is about 70k population plus 40k-ish IU students so an extra 300 k will be a bit too much
  • Options
    Picked up my rental van at OFs stomping grounds tonight. I dropped his name so they gave me the black over black MY 2022 gasser with 44K on the clock. Then pointed out that I was at Hertz, not Enterprise, so what did I expect?

in the initial drive home, other than the usual not bothering to have learned how to use anything, found it to drive quite nicely. a little darty but that might have been from the lane keep being on. but quick and comfy, and tons of room for the 5 people and luggage it will be hauling tomorrow.

• Options
    The eclipse media hype is almost as overblown as the typical storm weather hype.

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,676
    edited March 28
    Very nice.

Going north on I-87 towards Plattsburgh where the eclipse will be total they have signs stating : April 8 eclipse. Expect delays. I hear that both on the NY and VT sides hotels are 100% booked and going for $400/night or more.

I joked with the boss that he has to send us to Burlington on the 8th. since we already have our eclipse glasses.🤓

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    ab348 said:

The eclipse media hype is almost as overblown as the typical storm weather hype.

Except: they know exactly where the eclipse will occur and when. 🤷‍♂️

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

mjfloyd1 said:

@kyfdx said:

Thankfully I’m on call…

————————————————-
    The Burgh is supposed to be in a pretty good spot for the eclipse. Not total (97%) but damn close. I know someone that can flip the 3 spare bedrooms in my house into a $900 a night B and B in almost no time. o:)

jmonroe
  • Options
    jmonroe1 said:

kyfdx said:

mjfloyd1 said:

@kyfdx said:

Thankfully I’m on call…

————————————————-
    The Burgh is supposed to be in a pretty good spot for the eclipse. Not total (97%) but damn close. I know someone that can flip the 3 spare bedrooms in my house into a $900 a night B and B in almost no time. o:)

jmonroe

Pretty sure you're farther out of the path than Cincinnati.

Also, they say even 99% is 1/10th the experience of 100%, when it comes to total eclipse.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Am I just desensitized to stuff like this … because I couldn’t care one iota about the eclipse.

• Options
    tjc78 said:

Am I just desensitized to stuff like this … because I couldn’t care one iota about the eclipse.

Yes.. Unless you have a Lear jet, and fly it to Nova Scotia, this is your only chance.

(Someone has to get this reference)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,166
    edited March 29
    kyfdx said:

dino001 said:

@tjc78,

OK, that makes more sense. I guess it's all the tourists trying to get out after the eclipse would make a mess with kids getting home.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options

@kyfdx said:
    Yes.. Unless you have a Lear jet, and fly it to Nova Scotia, this is your only chance.

Only because my horse naturally won (and I’m only 10 minutes from Saratoga)

• Options
    edited March 29
    Some of you guys... you're so vain... B)

I actually remember when that happened here. I guess there was similar awareness of it even then.

• Options
    kyfdx said:

tjc78 said:

You’re so vain to make that reference.😂

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options

I bet you think this song is about you

• Options
    kyfdx said:

jmonroe1 said:

kyfdx said:

mjfloyd1 said:

@kyfdx said:

Thankfully I’m on call…

————————————————-

jmonroe
    Pretty sure you're farther out of the path than Cincinnati.

Also, they say even 99% is 1/10th the experience of 100%, when it comes to total eclipse.
    ————————————————
    That sounds like new math but since we’re talking about light and space, I’ll believe you.

jmonroe
  • Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,988

Another beautiful Carolina day is good motivation to be outside and clean cars.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    Nice day for a drive but I wasn’t planning on driving 20 miles to the closest place that had insulin
  • Options
    sda said:

Another beautiful Carolina day is good motivation to be outside and clean cars.

Is than an innie or an Audi.😂
  • Options

Rental pacific did the job. 5 people and lots of luggage swallowed. Even took OFs advice on best way into Newark. Only glitch was that 5 mi it’s from our house CarPlay took a powder and never could get it back. So the wife had to navigate when needed off her phone. Other than that, comfortable cruiser for everyone.

And now we are in Portugal.

• Options
    “ Only glitch was that 5 mi it’s from our house CarPlay took a powder and never could get it back.”

Next time rent from the best.😂

• Options
    stickguy said:

Rental pacific did the job. 5 people and lots of luggage swallowed. Even took OFs advice on best way into Newark. Only glitch was that 5 mi it’s from our house CarPlay took a powder and never could get it back. So the wife had to navigate when needed off her phone. Other than that, comfortable cruiser for everyone.

And now we are in Portugal.

I need a full report. Portugal is on our list

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I’m about 90 minutes up I-74 from the centerline.

Of course, made no plans. 😂

Probably 6-8 hour drive home, if you didn’t have a place to stay.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    @mjfloyd1

Bloomington is pretty close to dead center, huh?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

Too cold for a beach day… but it’s coming!

• Options
    I booked a hotel room in Shelbyville, IN for the 8th. I don’t know if I’ll go, but I at least have a place to spend the night. It’s about 90 miles away, and maybe 10 miles from dead center. Don’t want to take a chance on it being a 6 hour drive home vs. 90 minutes.

No research so far, so might view it from the hotel parking lot.
    Also, no idea what time to leave home that morning, but guessing it should be early.
    Of course, if it’s cloudy, not going for sure.

So.. all set. 😂

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    In the Cleveland area, it's supposed to be mostly sunny and tempurature in the high 60's. B)
  • Options

In the Cleveland area, it's supposed to be mostly sunny and tempurature in the high 60's. B)

Yeah, early estimates are for good weather down this way, as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator