2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,360

@stickguy said:
    saw an interesting thing today. I took another truckload of stuff over to the storage unit I rented (to hide the excess stuff that needs to go away for when we list the house) and when I drove down the aisle (unit I got is in the far back) there was an Accord parked along the building in front of a garage unit. Not unloading, it was up on ramps and jack stands with the front wheel off, and some guy had a bunch of tools out. Looked like he was doing brakes or an axle. And appeared to have a garage full of tools in the unit. Based on how much of it was apart looked like an all day project.

I was surprised that they let people do that.

My guess is that they are not letting him do it.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,856
    well, it was during a weekday when the office was open, and there are cameras everywhere, so it certainly seemed that they were.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options

Saw a few more mavericks being used professionally. They seem to be really popular with businesses. One had logos for a paving company, and today one with signs for a landscape group that was doing a backyard remodel. I think both are used by a boss or someone that runs around doing estimates, so only need light hauling capacity.

Today’s was a cyber orange hybrid lariat. Interesting choice for a work truck!

• Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,717
    stickguy said:

Saw a few more mavericks being used professionally. They seem to be really popular with businesses. One had logos for a paving company, and today one with signs for a landscape group that was doing a backyard remodel. I think both are used by a boss or someone that runs around doing estimates, so only need light hauling capacity.

————————————————-
    I think you’re right. Those trucklettes are probably only good for a little paving patch work and a few schrubs that were left behind by the big-boy trucks. But they come in handy for the notebooks that estimators carry around. :p

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's.
    '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    dad23dad23 Member Posts: 874
    stickguy said:

Our poop scoop company has at least one in their fleet.
  • Options
    dad23 said:

stickguy said:

Our poop scoop company has at least one in their fleet.
    ————————————————-
    Another good use for them. o:)

jmonroe
  • Options
    mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,325

Audi Q7 going on third day in the shop to figure out backup camera and Audi safety systems not working so I am rocking a 2024 Subaru Forester Limited. Rides well and very sure footed.

They are checking every wire of the driver’s assistance systems. This could take a while

• Options
    an Audi with electrical issues? good luck.

• Options

I’m hoping that it goes bye bye

• Options
    at my age I have no patience left. if a car gives me a serious problem, it will be cut loose quickly.

• Options
    ventureventure Member Posts: 2,931
    mjfloyd1 said:

Audi Q7 going on third day in the shop to figure out backup camera and Audi safety systems not working so I am rocking a 2024 Subaru Forester Limited. Rides well and very sure footed.

They are checking every wire of the driver’s assistance systems. This could take a while

I would be interested in your thoughts on the Subaru after you finish with it.

My wife is due for something and her interest seems to be in the Forester, if anything. I am sure you are much more discerning than her - at least as far as cars go :) .

The '25's should be out in June or July so I am waiting that long to start to pressure her. She would drive what she has forever I suspect.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• Options

My sister has a newer forester limited and loves it.

• Options
    ventureventure Member Posts: 2,931
    stickguy said:

My sister has a newer forester limited and loves it.

Good to know. Mrs. venture hasn't had one for 4 years now. Nice that people still like them.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• Options

Day 3 in shop for Q7 and “still in the process of diagnosis. Will update when I have one “

This can’t be good. They were tracing all the wires of the safety systems.

• Options

@venture said:
    I would be interested in your thoughts on the Subaru after you finish with it.

My wife is due for something and her interest seems to be in the Forester, if anything. I am sure you are much more discerning than her - at least as far as cars go :) .

The '25's should be out in June or July so I am waiting that long to start to pressure her. She would drive what she has forever I suspect.

The Forester seems put together well. No rattles or squeaks. Drives solidly and takes the corners of Brown County quite well. The CVT seems to keep it in the power band well. It kind of mimics an automatic. The only time you can really tell that it is a CVT is when you hammer the throttle- not that I did that of course.

It has a lot of nice touches. When you unlock it in the dark, the rear view mirrors have tiny Subaru emblems that light up.

Interior and seats seem very nice and of good quality.

This is a 2024 Forester Limited.

I’d go for it if she likes it. I’d change the CVT fluid as it seems it is a “lifetime fill”

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 16,024

@mjfloyd1 said:
    Day 3 in shop for Q7 and “still in the process of diagnosis. Will update when I have one “

This can’t be good. They were tracing all the wires of the safety systems.

Gonna go out on a limb…. It’s a bad ground somewhere.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    possible but there are still a lot of those to trace.

• Options

For the backup camera and the Audi pre- sense?

• Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,432

There is no chance they find THE bad ground without ripping the car apart.

2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    edited April 18

@mjfloyd1 said:

It can be anywhere.

My 2009 Genesis had a random stalling out/loss of power problem. They had to tear into the car. It was Hyundai corporate that suggested checking all grounding points. They eventually found a bad ground in the trunk area that was causing faults with the computers and power distro

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 33,052
    edited April 18
    tjc78 said:

I blame the badge. Replace that and it will all be good.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    dad23dad23 Member Posts: 874

The perfect light-doody vehicle?
  • Options
    dad23 said:

The perfect light-doody vehicle?

————————————————-
    You just had to prove it, huh? B)

jmonroe
  • Options

I was pretty stunned to learn there was a service down at the shore to take (and put back) your trash cans every week….and now even more surprised there is a pooper scooper. I never heard of that before.

• Options
    qbrozen said:

tjc78 said:

I blame the badge. Replace that and it will all be good.
    I don’t think there is a ground on the Audi badge😎

Day 4 radio silence
  • Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 7,023
    Radio silence on the TL as well. It was supposed to be a one day job. I have their loaner which they will want back as the TL isn’t worth much and I’m not in the market. Or am I??

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    if you are in the dealership, you are in the market.

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,543
    sda said:

Radio silence on the TL as well. It was supposed to be a one day job. I have their loaner which they will want back as the TL isn’t worth much and I’m not in the market. Or am I??

That's my secret Cap. I'm always in the market.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    sda said:

Before I read your post that the RDX was a loaner, I thought it was a punch for you!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    Speaking of being in for service, the 4Xe got a Jeep Wave Oil Change and had the defroster recall performed. Dropped it off on Wednesday night. My son picked it up yesterday afternoon. 35K miles.

• Options

I checked today to see if the Acura was due for annual service yet. Turns out last one was 8/12. And we have only put on about 2,500 miles in the 8 months since. Combined both cars might not break 10k miles a year

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 243,877
    I should probably schedule a tire rotation for the Subaru - just over 5000 miles since the last one.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,473
    nyccarguy said:

Speaking of being in for service, the 4Xe got a Jeep Wave Oil Change and had the defroster recall performed. Dropped it off on Wednesday night. My son picked it up yesterday afternoon. 35K miles.

I'm taking my 4xe in for an oil change and the defroster recall sometime later this month. Still trouble free and averaging around 50 mpg.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport-2020 C43-2021 Sahara 4xe-1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica
    Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i
    Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,791
    Better than the A7, current tank I've gone 240 miles, @39mph and 44mpg. Per OBC.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 32,008
    Michaell said:

I should probably schedule a tire rotation for the Subaru - just over 5000 miles since the last one.

No tire rotations with our MBs, they all have larger tires for the rears.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,477
    One thing that bugs me is when people pull into the pedestrian cross walk are before turning onto the cross street. Today, that was me.
    Wanted to turn left onto a cross road that has a slight angle, so I pulled up to get a better view.
    Mostly, I look to the right first, then left due to the angle.
    When I looked back to the left, there was a lady in a motorized wheel chair crossing in front of me.
    Couldn't get it in reverse quick enough but she was still able to stay within the lines as she crossed.
    Right after that the local High School cross country runners came across too.
    For some reason, the girls were outpacing the boys. Hmm.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,306
    edited April 19
    driver100 said:

Michaell said:

No tire rotations with our MBs, they all have larger tires for the rears.
    Your E400 has staggered wheels?
  • Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,847
    “ Right after that the local High School cross country runners came across too.
    For some reason, the girls were outpacing the boys. Hmm.”

That puzzles you? I guess you haven’t been young boy for a long time.🤣

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    edited April 20

@oldfarmer50 said:

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the GI doc with the license plate “[non-permissible content removed] man”😳

Donkey’s hind quarters

• Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,501

@mjfloyd1 said:

@oldfarmer50 said:

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the GI doc with the license plate “[non-permissible content removed] man”😳

Donkey’s hind quarters

Exactly.

• Options
    edited April 20

@tjc78 said:

@mjfloyd1 said:

It can be anywhere.

My 2009 Genesis had a random stalling out/loss of power problem. They had to tear into the car. It was Hyundai corporate that suggested checking all grounding points. They eventually found a bad ground in the trunk area that was causing faults with the computers and power distro

How long did it take to find the bad ground?

Days 5 & 6 continued radio silence…

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,791
    Spent the am at the BMW dealer, oil change and state inspection (no, it's not a tax!). Was due for break fluid replacement in July, so I said let's do it. How much... gee, that seems expensive... yes, I would appreciate a $50 discount, thanks! And, my M240 qualified for "value pricing" oil change, so only $99.99!

Not much to look at, showroom full of SUV things, still not my cup of oil. But, after BMW I went a mile down the road to Porsche-Land and tried on a Macan. Nice, snug, not too bus driver like. Didn't have time to try on a Panamera.

So, I pull up in my shiny M240, dressed not too slobbily. Wearing my fancy watch, you know, trying to look pretty for the salestypes... Wander around the lot, checking door handles; find the open Macan S, sit in it for a few minutes... no one approaches me. Assorted employees walked on by... Do I appear that lookieloo? Was it my old UConn hat (please, a state school? Why, we never...). Or do all the dealers just have my picture posted with the caption "Lou. Lookielou." Don't bother to shake or stir him?

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 240,749
    My wife wants to test drive a Macan. :o

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 243,877
    kyfdx said:

My wife wants to test drive a Macan. :o

Mrs. @breld had one for a short bit. Nice ride.

Your wife will like it ... and you're already familiar with Porsche service costs....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,360

@explorerx4 said:
    One thing that bugs me is when people pull into the pedestrian cross walk are before turning onto the cross street. Today, that was me.
    Wanted to turn left onto a cross road that has a slight angle, so I pulled up to get a better view.
    Mostly, I look to the right first, then left due to the angle.
    When I looked back to the left, there was a lady in a motorized wheel chair crossing in front of me.
    Couldn't get it in reverse quick enough but she was still able to stay within the lines as she crossed.
    Right after that the local High School cross country runners came across too.
    For some reason, the girls were outpacing the boys. Hmm.

What there was no marching band after the cross country runners?

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options

Hmmm, drove by the Audi dealership and saw wife’s Q7 out back. Just had plastic over seats, steering wheel and shifter. No door cards out of place. Hmm.

• Options

@mjfloyd1 said:

@tjc78 said:

@mjfloyd1 said:

It can be anywhere.

I think they had it a week.

• Options
    tjc78 said:

@mjfloyd1 said:

@tjc78 said:

@mjfloyd1 said:

It can be anywhere.

I think they had it a week.

————————————————-
    Just curious but did they say if it was a lose ground or a corroded connection. When I’ve found bad grounds it was always due to corrosion.

jmonroe
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,473
    Today's fill up of the C43: 23.5 mpg on Shell 93; not quite as good as my old M235i but the C43 is heavier and faster- I can live with it...

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport-2020 C43-2021 Sahara 4xe-1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica
    Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i
    Son's: 2018 330i xDrive