2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,869
    edited April 23
    nyccarguy said:

Chalk up another win for Subaru. A woman ran a red light and t-boned my 18 year old niece in her 2014 Crosstrek. They had to cut the door off because it wouldn’t open, but it looks like the car’s structure did its job. She’s ok.

I’m glad to hear that.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    tjc78 said:

Popcorn ceiling comes off easier than you think. Especially if it hasn’t been painted.

Didn’t some of the old popcorn have asbestos in it? If so Mitchell’s suggestion might not only be practical but essential.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    stickguy said:

If you do scrape wear a respirator. Especially the older stuff can be nasty (I think it used to have asbestos in it)

I posted the same thing before reading your comment. If it was built in 1968 which was before they removed asbestos from all building materials, it could. If you were to disturb stuff like that you could be making the house unsalable. The remediation would be very expensive.

My first renovation prior to building our house I did a rehab on an apartment in return for reduced rent in 1975. As I was sanding spackling I read on the can “contains asbestos”. I gave it no thought until years later when the dangers of asbestos became better known.

• Options

Plumbing advice please.

Kitchen sink with garbage disposal and normal sink drain backed up while I was running lots of water and grinding some popcorn kernals down. The force of the water going out the garbage disposal while running was pushing green water and "stuff" up the other sink. Found wife had run half a bag of lettuce through the disposal yesterday. Apparently that leafy stuff caught on the "Y-pipe" area and was blocking the drain for both sides.

I finally used my plunger and laundry detergent in the water to help dissolve fats that likely caught the lettuce pieces and held them (along with lots of other ugly looking goop).

So is there something I can run down the drain to dissolve the greases that probably line the insides of the plastic pipes?

I recall seeing a bacteria additive at Lowes for drain pipes that attacks the "sludge" that coats inside of them. Has anyone had experience with using that?

I nearly had a heart attack at the thought of having to disassemble all the plastic drain pipes under the sink. Relieved I finally got water flowing again.

Is using chemical drain cleaners not an option?

• Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,204

Is using chemical drain cleaners not an option?

My thinking is that the heavy basic (NaOH) drain cleaner liquids work well on the
    trap type clogs where the heavy chemcial sinks to the bottom, but will it remove
    fats/greases/goop that accumulated on the Y-pipe which is horizontal.

I am debating buying the bacteria cleaner I saw at Lowes vs the Liquid Plumber
    type cleaner.

After son and DIL got used to their 10-year old new home, the one toilet line
    runs 40 feet with very little drop. Toilet didn't flush right. I got him a bottle
    of the bacterial cleaner that's supposed to eat away at sludge in the line
    both underwater and out-of-water. Sort of like septic tank treatments do.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,917

Is this sink problem right below the sink? Might just be easier to pop some pieces off and clean them out manually. Or is there a snake brush of some kind you can run down there to scrape off the crud? I’ve never been a big fan of dumping lots of chemicals in if you could take care of the problem with friction!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,557

Plumbing advice please.

Kitchen sink with garbage disposal and normal sink drain backed up while I was running lots of water and grinding some popcorn kernals down. The force of the water going out the garbage disposal while running was pushing green water and "stuff" up the other sink. Found wife had run half a bag of lettuce through the disposal yesterday. Apparently that leafy stuff caught on the "Y-pipe" area and was blocking the drain for both sides.

I finally used my plunger and laundry detergent in the water to help dissolve fats that likely caught the lettuce pieces and held them (along with lots of other ugly looking goop).

So is there something I can run down the drain to dissolve the greases that probably line the insides of the plastic pipes?

I recall seeing a bacteria additive at Lowes for drain pipes that attacks the "sludge" that coats inside of them. Has anyone had experience with using that?

I nearly had a heart attack at the thought of having to disassemble all the plastic drain pipes under the sink. Relieved I finally got water flowing again.

Are you on city water or do you have a septic tank?

If you are going to use chemicals, don't use DRAIN-O or Liquid Plumber. Use something strong that's not going to gel up and clog your pipes up down the line (no pun intended). I sell a product called ZAP which is sulfuric acid. However, I wouldn't recommend putting that down your garbage disposal.

There is a safe chemical I sell called BLUE MONSTER DRAIN BANGER.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 241,395
    I might pay a plumber $250 to snake out the whole drain. Our kitchen drain clogged about a year ago (for the first time, after 25 years), and it's a long, long way to get out of the house. About 10'-11' down to the basement slab, then 44'+ to clear the front of the house. That doesn't include the distance from the house to the sewer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 33,062

@imidazol97 said:
    Plumbing advice please.

Big pot of boiling water. Has done wonders for me a couple of times, even in toilets when the kids have seemingly used too much TP.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,435

@nyccarguy said:

I’m a bit terrified to google this.

2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    ventureventure Member Posts: 2,934
    Chalk up another one for Subaru. I guess.

A guy ran a redlight and hit me this morning in the Legacy. It looks totaled. I'll know more this afternoon when it gets to the shop.

Mouth kisses to whoever invented the side curtain air bags.

Pictures when it gets to the shop.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• Options
    laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,797
    Is it Subaru season?
    Hope all are OK.

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

• Options
    qbrozen said:

@imidazol97 said:

Plumbing advice please.

Big pot of boiling water. Has done wonders for me a couple of times, even in toilets when the kids have seemingly used too much TP.

This works well too.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,497
    Glad you are OK there Venture.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    nyccarguy said:

Plumbing advice please.

Are you on city water or do you have a septic tank?

If you are going to use chemicals, don't use DRAIN-O or Liquid Plumber. Use something strong that's not going to gel up and clog your pipes up down the line (no pun intended). I sell a product called ZAP which is sulfuric acid. However, I wouldn't recommend putting that down your garbage disposal.

That sounds like the title of a bad movie.

• Options
    jmonroe1jmonroe1 Member Posts: 7,748
    venture said:

A guy ran a redlight and hit me this morning in the Legacy. It looks totaled. I'll know more this afternoon when it gets to the shop.

————————————————
    Wow, that’s scary. Good to hear you’re OK.

I drive Mrs. j’s Subie when we go out around town most of the time, especially during the Winter although we had no real Winter to speak of the last few years. In any case maybe I should start driving the Genny until this “get-a-Subie-this-year” hunting season is over.

jmonroe
    '15 Genesis Ultimate just like jmonroe's.
    '18 Legacy Limited with 3.6R (Mrs. j's)
  • Options
    venture said:

jmonroe1 said:

nyccarguy said:

ab348 said:

If it is the spray-on type of popcorn finish, the TV home improvement shows suggest it is fairly easy to remove with just a long-handled scraper. I don't know how true that is though. Going to be messy regardless and hopefully the ceiling isn't damaged.

I unfortunately have a sponge-finish stipple ceiling in the LR/DR which I think would be much tougher to remove since it is apparently done with joint compound. I think it was done by a previous owner. It doesn't look awful but is very much not de rigeur.

Those shows make EVERYTHING look easy. "My wife and I weren't happy with the placement of our kitchen, so we decided to move it upstairs by ourselves." The husband is an ex-college football player who heated the pine during his team's improbable run to an NCAA national title. The wife is a 4' 10" Vietnamese woman that weighs 90 pounds soaking wet. 2 days into the renovation the entire house is gutted and she is fixated on Concrete Countertops. The husband wants Caeserstone. While he goes to pickup lumber in his jacked up Raptor, she decides to rent a cement truck because she can't lift the 94 pound bag of cement.
    She miraculously makes it across town, starts backing the cement truck up onto her property, narrowly missing a utility pole. Then they cut to "next week..."
    ————————————————-
    Damn, right when it was getting good. It would have been worth seeing the conclusion of that fiasco. o:)

Everything looks good on TV. I put no faith in those “from a distance” shots. I want close ups so I can see brush strokes.

I think I told this story before:

When flip number 3 (larger 4 BR with 3 1/2 baths) was about to be put on the market, my Son noticed that a flip around the corner was listed for more than he thought it should be but it went under contract about a week later. He then jacked up the price of our flip about 20 grand from what he first guesstimated (I thought he was dreaming). That’s the house that sold in 4 hours for a little more than the listed price.

The interesting thing about that house was when the young couple that lived next door to our flip came over just before it was listed to see the finished product they said they looked at the flip around the corner but while it looked nice in the pictures when they went into the house lots of flaws could be seen. They felt our flip had a lot better workmanship. I didn’t see the other flip but I believed them since I heard that comment before.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, “I’d like to turn the flips around faster than what we’ve been doing.” Someday we might achieve that but it’s been slow going so far.

jmonroe
    Do you guys use a sledge hammer to remove old kitchen cabinets like on the TV shows?

I always removed 4 to 6 screws and lifted out the cabinet. Faster and cleaner, but not the dramatic effect.
    ————————————————-
    Almost, one time. :p

When we did flip number 1 (a smallish 3 BR built in 1960 although we found a way to add another BR), I joked that I wanted to play “TV demo guy” and start whacking the cabinets with a sledgehammer. My Son said something like, “have a ball, I want to do something in the garage”. The cabinets were metal that had gone through one of those face-lifter redos. They had wood doors but laminate over the styles, rails and end cabinets. Pretty bad looking cabinets that had to go.

jmonroe
  • Options
    28firefighter28firefighter Member Posts: 9,435

Glad you’re ok, @venture

2018 BMW M240i Convertible, 2015 Audi Q5 TDI
  • Options
    mjfloyd1mjfloyd1 Member Posts: 3,328

@venture said:

Hope you are ok

I hope this Subaru thing doesn’t come in 3s because my wife is still in the Subaru loaner

• Options

Still no update on Q7.

• Options

Write it off and move on.

• Options
    venture said:

I hope you weren't injured @venture !

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,496
    Ditto!

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport-2020 C43-2021 Sahara 4xe-1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica
    Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i
    Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,516
    Indeed!
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 16,033

@venture
    Sounds like the car did what it was supposed to do.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 7,032

The TL is back in the fold today. Seems to be fine, though I find it odd that the effort to stop the car, brake feel, is different. It stops fine, but pedal isn't as firm as it used to be, feels soft for the initial travel then firms up. I wonder if there is air that needs to be purged though they bled the system. I enjoyed driving the RDX. I understand why they are popular.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options

The guy at the Subaru body shop, I mean collision center, said it's totaled. The insurance company has to pass judgement though.

They have 2 Legacy Sports on the ground right now. A white one and a silver one like I had before it got all wrinkled up. I put a deposit down on the silver one.

Mine had a little less than 5,000 miles on it. :(

The side air bag didn't deflate (maybe they aren't supposed to??) so I had to crawl out under it. The firemen cut it out - AFTER I was already outside. :)

They checked me out at the scene. Blood pressure was a little high and neck pain. I have an appointment tomorrow morning to see my doctor. I'm sure there will be other things in the morning.

When we were at the baseball game tonight I had them check my blood pressure and it was normal.

Still a little foggy.

• Options
    That’s gonna be totaled
  • Options
    venture said:

The guy at the Subaru body shop, I mean collision center, said it's totaled. The insurance company has to pass judgement though.

They have 2 Legacy Sports on the ground right now. A white one and a silver one like I had before it got all wrinkled up. I put a deposit down on the silver one.

The side air bag didn't deflate (maybe they aren't supposed to??) so I had to crawl out under it. The firemen cut it out - AFTER I was already outside. :)

They checked me out at the scene. Blood pressure was a little high and neck pain. I have an appointment tomorrow morning to see my doctor. I'm sure there will be other things in the morning.

When we were at the baseball game tonight I had them check my blood pressure and it was normal.

Still a little foggy.

————————————————
    Geeze, that got whacked alright. With that hit I’m sure you will have a pain or two in the morning but that Subie did its job.

I don’t know when it would be safe to sign and injury waiver. I think you should ask around about that.

Let us know how you feel tomorrow.

Good luck.

jmonroe
  • Options
    definitely totaled. A bit extra camber going on with that left front wheel.

• Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,496
    Years ago when we were at the temporary courthouse I was leaving work and driving my Club Sport; a car in front of me was t-boned by a guy who ran a red light. The other judge was a few cars behind me and couldn't see exactly what happened. She called 911 and said "There's been an accident on 480 and I think someone ran into Judge RB's BMW- get somebody here real quick before he kills the other driver!"

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport-2020 C43-2021 Sahara 4xe-1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica
    Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i
    Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 244,145
    @venture - glad you're OK, but I'm trying to figure out how the left rear got damaged when it looks like the primary impact was on the left front wheel?

Years ago, when I had my Saturn L300, I was heading out to lunch and I t-boned a car full of HS students who made an ill-advised left in front of me. I had enough time to recognize that the car was full of kids, and I was able to aim my car at their right front wheel. I figured that the car getting towed (and possibly totaled) was better than sending kids to the hospital.

The Saturn was still drivable after the collision.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 7,032
    venture said:

Still a little foggy.

Wow, glad you are ok.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options

@venture - wow! That car took quite a hit. Very scary! I hope you check out ok at the DR tomorrow!

• Options
    saw the house listing pictures today. Came out good. based on those, and the extremely tight supply, I suspect we are going to have a lot of showings booked after listing goes up tomorrow. Hopefully we won't be home much starting Friday (actually open for showings at 5:00 Thursday evening after work). If someone wants to be first will just go out to dinner. Friday 1st opening is 8:00 AM. no clue if people will look to book that early, but we are planning to evacuate to our son's house for the day. and back the rest of the weekend!

• Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,516
    edited April 23
    FWIW, my experience has been that you're not sure what the effects of an accident (bicycle, motorcycle, automobile and, sadly (in my dotage), falling down) will be until about three days after the event. Take care of yourself. Makes me proud to own a Subaru, though, as has been mentioned, I don't need it to be included in the recent swarm.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    Michaell said:

@venture - glad you're OK, but I'm trying to figure out how the left rear got damaged when it looks like the primary impact was on the left front wheel?

Years ago, when I had my Saturn L300, I was heading out to lunch and I t-boned a car full of HS students who made an ill-advised left in front of me. I had enough time to recognize that the car was full of kids, and I was able to aim my car at their right front wheel. I figured that the car getting towed (and possibly totaled) was better than sending kids to the hospital.

The Saturn was still drivable after the collision.

When I was standing there talking to one of the police he said the same thing. His conclusion was that the guy hit me so hard that the car spun around and hit his car before coming to rest. I don't get it either.

What you can't see in the pictures I posted is that the roof has buckles in it in front of and behind the sunroof primarily.

• Options

FWIW, my experience has been that you're not sure what the effects of an accident (bicycle, motorcycle, automobile and, sadly (in my dotage), falling down) will be until about three days after the event. Take care of yourself. Makes me proud to own a Subaru, though, as has been mentioned, I don't need it to be included in the recent swarm.

As I saw him in the process of hitting me I was thinking, "So this is how it ends". Weird how something that fast seems to slow down.

I have to get the baseball field ready for play. It isn't ready yet. Needless to say, this cramped my style a little yesterday. :) I was running string lines and was going to use the power edger to make nice, new lines but decided to just go home.

• Options
    Woke up this morning and it's not as bad as I expected. No additional aches and pains. The main thing is the neck. Sort of like a slight stiff neck.

Thanks for all the well-wishes. It's appreciated.

• Options
    venture said:

Woke up this morning and it's not as bad as I expected. No additional aches and pains. The main thing is the neck. Sort of like a slight stiff neck.

Glad you injuries seem minor (so far). What happened to the other driver? Were they cited for running the light? I hope they had insurance and weren’t one of those phony plate scofflaws.

The other car must have been hauling to spin you around to the point where your rear hit them.

• Options
    venture said:

I would definitely go to the emergency room or an orthopedic walk-in clinic... today.
    You really need to document your injuries. If you have any health insurance bills later from this, your health insurance is going to want the other part to cover them.

Plus, you could get an injury settlement from their insurance company. $5K - $10K is about the lowest amount you would receive, if you have injuries (on top of the medical bills)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

venture said:

Glad you injuries seem minor (so far). What happened to the other driver? Were they cited for running the light? I hope they had insurance and weren’t one of those phony plate scofflaws.

The other car must have been hauling to spin you around to the point where your rear hit them.
    He was out walking around. He had a young boy with him. They seemed OK.

He had insurance information and a policy number. I never heard of it. Something like Bobs Insurance. <-- not it, but I'm too lazy to go downstairs to look at the report. :#

He was cited. There were 5 witnesses who volunteered their information to the police and they all said he ran the red light and was speeding. No skid marks.

It was at 8:30 am in front of an elementary school. They did not have school that day - fortunately.

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,243
    edited April 24
    kyfdx said:

venture said:

I would definitely go to the emergency room or an orthopedic walk-in clinic... today.
    You really need to document your injuries. If you have any health insurance bills later from this, your health insurance is going to want the other part to cover them.

Plus, you could get an injury settlement from their insurance company. $5K - $10K is about the lowest amount you would receive, if you have injuries (on top of the medical bills)
    Oddly enough up here in the land of "free" healthcare, somebody in a local message board just had a similar thing occur and were asking about how to get checked out after their insurer told them to get a medical opinion for things like possible whiplash, concussion, etc. They don't have a family doctor like a great many people here, and thought the emergency room wasn't appropriate and would involve a very long wait of 8 hours or so. The only actual answer was to use a telehealth service the govt pays for to do it over the phone. Not sure how good that is or what they would do if you give answers that suggest injury but there you go.

Sorry you had to go through this. Hope everything works out OK.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    We have a couple of orthopedic/neurosurgery practices that have walk-in clinics. It's pretty awesome. It's a lot quicker than actually making an appointment. Worst case, about a 90 minute wait. Sometimes, 15 minutes.

My son was rear-ended by a car on his bicycle, about 4 years ago. Minor injuries, but totaled a $12K bike.
    He received $10K over his actual losses, and that was without a lawyer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    edited April 24
    Sorry about your accident @venture.

I was in a rearend crash in my 70 Mustang with highback buckets. I still had quite a bit
    of soreness in my neck for several days. I should have gotten it checked by doctor
    and I didn't. I was young and dumb.

Go get checked and maybe a couple weeks of physical therapy.

• Options
    edited April 24
    My stopped up sink drains cleared when I put in hot water on one side full to the top with laundry detergent heavy in it. I let that drain slowly past the stop. Laundry detergent worked for toilet stoppages with toilet paper and sludge, and it worked here. Half an hour later I heard a glub and found the water had drained.

I continued using my mini plunger on one side of a full sink with the other drain blocked/stoppered to aggitate whatever was causing block.

Finally could fill both sides with cold water and then remove both stoppers and the water drained quick. Quicker than it has for years.

I was wrong on the morphology under the sink. When I looked the next day, I don't have a "Y," I have a "V." Both drains go into the vertical pipe (the standpipe?). So either that part of the pipe was blocked where the adjacent drains are or I may have had a toilet blockage lower.

So I've been running a lot of water through both toilets and shower and garbage disposals. I don't think we ran garbage disposal water long enough after grinding stuff to thoroughly flush it on down and out.

Wife mentioned replacing the fiberglass sink, so when I do that later, I'll inspect the drain pipes.
    Right now, "It's working." Hope saying that doesn't jinx me.

DO IT YOURSELF PLUMBING 101

• Options
    edited April 24
    venture said:

As I saw him in the process of hitting me I was thinking, "So this is how it ends". Weird how something that fast seems to slow down.

I have to get the baseball field ready for play. It isn't ready yet. Needless to say, this cramped my style a little yesterday. :) I was running string lines and was going to use the power edger to make nice, new lines but decided to just go home.
    Truly a scary experience to say the least.

I'll echo what the others are saying and please take some time and get yourself checked out. I'm sure this is the furthest thing from your mind right now, but (also as others have said) you've got to document your injuries. I'd also consult with a lawyer. This is WHY insurance exists. Fixing or totaling out cars is peanuts compared to property damage and medical bills.

I also LOVE in true CCBA fashion that you've already put a deposit down on another car.

So he hit you on the front left (driver's side) and obviously spun your car. Did he hit you again or did you hit a stationary object (light pole, fire hydrant)?

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 33,062

@kyfdx said:
    We have a couple of orthopedic/neurosurgery practices that have walk-in clinics. It's pretty awesome. It's a lot quicker than actually making an appointment. Worst case, about a 90 minute wait. Sometimes, 15 minutes.

My son was rear-ended by a car on his bicycle, about 4 years ago. Minor injuries, but totaled a $12K bike.
    He received $10K over his actual losses, and that was without a lawyer.

Say what? A $12,000 BICYCLE?! Is he aware that gold does not make for a good bike frame?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options

Carbon fiber does.

• Options
    stickguy said:

Carbon fiber does.

Exactly. He had a buddy that worked at the bike shop, and put that bike together for somewhere around $6K, just buying high-end parts that were last year's model, etc.. Took about a year to get it all done. But, $12K to replace it. Plus another $10K pain and suffering, over and above his medical bills.

He says he'd like to get hit, every year, as long as he was sure he wouldn't die.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator