Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    snakeweaselsnakeweasel Member Posts: 19,338
    stever said:

andres3 said:

houdini1 said:

stickguy said:

if you are driving and don't have your own insurance, would make sense to get a $1mill umbrella policy, just in case.

How does zipcar work for keys? I always wondered that. You can't just leave them parked around town with the keys in them! So if they have to be in a garage that is manned 24/7, it will certainly limit location options, and slow down the process.

I think you have to have primary insurance of certain limits before you can buy an umbrella.
    If you don't have your own insurance as back up, seems to me that Zipcar's insurance caps out at $25K, so yeah, if you total someone's Lexus, you're on the hook.

This is the same as any insurance cap, even on your own car. You can be sued for any damages beyond what your policy says they'll pay.

Yes, but I would think that in this case zipcar would get sued too as it was their car. Plus they would have the deep pockets.
    In CA I've been told the insurance follows the car, not the driver. So I would think yes, you'd sue Zip Car first and foremost if you were shorted by their insurance.
    Zipcar has mandatory binding arbitration so if you're the member, you won't be able to sue them or join a class action suit against them.

But there isn't a mandatory binding arbitration agreement between Zipcar and the owner of the car the Zipcar driver hit. That's what we are talking about here.

2011 Hyundai Sonata, 2014 BMW 428i convertible, 2015 Honda CTX700D

• Options

Curious.

My near by Ford dealer still has a 2015 50th anniversary Mustang in stock for the full $47,000 price. No discounts. Am I missing something that they haven't discounted a now year old car? If it was super desirable wouldn't it have been scooped up long ago?

This dealer also has a few regular 2015s with a listed discount of only $900 which seem pretty cheap considering that the cars are probably depreciated by 20%. They say they take $500 off a 2016.

Can't figure the logic.

Dealerships are run by people and sometimes people live in a fantasy world. I have been in dealerships where it was defiantly "same planet, different worlds".

• Options
    explorerx4explorerx4 Member Posts: 19,359
    I'm getting old, one of my kids just made a counter offer on a house.
    2023 Ford Explorer ST, 91 Mustang GT vert
  • Options
    driver100 said:

One problem that can happen with Uber and it did happen it Toronto. Driver was in an accident, passenger was injured. Driver did not have adequate insurance. Passenger has to sue driver and Uber......and it hasn't been easy, and will be costly.

I thought Uber had insurance to cover their drivers.

• Options
    stever said:

One great thing about the rehab center my mom is in right now - every parking space in the whole complex is supersized.

So it's run by McDonalds?

• Options

No, Uber generally isn't allowed to pick up at airports, although people have figured out ways to be sneaky.

Regarding binding arbitration, that's all well and good, but in some legal disputes you cannot sign away your rights.

Actually the courts have upheld binding arbitration. As long as it's spelled out in the contract and you signed it it's legal.

• Options
    abacomike said:

I haven't seen The new "Star Wars" movie as yet.  Anyone have an opinion after seeing it?  Was the Disney's production any different from the previous 20th Century Fox productions?

If you saw the original one (Episode IV: A New Hope) then you seen "The Force Awakens" but a better version of it.

• Options
    suydamsuydam Member Posts: 4,676
    Similar themes but not the same. It was very entertaining.
    '14 Buick Encore Convenience
    '17 Chevy Volt Premiere
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited January 2016

No, Uber generally isn't allowed to pick up at airports, although people have figured out ways to be sneaky.

Regarding binding arbitration, that's all well and good, but in some legal disputes you cannot sign away your rights.

Actually the courts have upheld binding arbitration. As long as it's spelled out in the contract and you signed it it's legal.
    Yeah but a 3rd party in an accident didn't sign any arbitration agreement. So when you T-bone that Bentley in your Zipcar and Zipcar cuts a check for $25,000, which will be about $200,000 shy of the balance due, then 3rd party's insurance company may repair said Bentley and then come looking for you and Zipcar. I suppose you could file Chapter 7 and play dead, but that is a pretty serious move on the chessboard of life.

Supplemental liability from Hertz for instance might easily cover you.

• Options
    suydam said:

What do you mean not the same? it starts off with the empire/first order attacking a group that has information that gets stored in a droid that is wondering around a desert planet where the closest city is a place of vile people. The droid gets picked up by someone seeking something else in their life that just happens to be a Jedi but doesn't know it and guess what? They escape on the very same spaceship as the empire/First order is shooting at them.

It ends with Tie fighters flying down a trench on a death star to hit a specific area to blow it up.

In between we have the cantina scene, a Darth Vader character and a rescue from the death star. It's the same movie.

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,953
    I know I'm in the vast minority... but I just don't get the hype associated with Star Wars.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,991
    <
    I thought Uber had insurance to cover their drivers.

That is what they say.....not necessarily true!

They do have a $5 million blanket policy, but, sometimes it is difficult to find out what they will cover, and how to reach them. This is one example...look up uber and car insurance on google to find out more.

PROBLEM GETTING COVERAGE FROM UBER

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    abacomike said:

I haven't seen The new "Star Wars" movie as yet.  Anyone have an opinion after seeing it?  Was the Disney's production any different from the previous 20th Century Fox productions?

Fortunately, you will all be happy to know..........I have not seen it!

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    And it's going to be fun when you get hit by the Uber driver and you get to sue the $18 to $50 billion dollar company. And the driver.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

suydam said:

What do you mean not the same? it starts off with the empire/first order attacking a group that has information that gets stored in a droid that is wondering around a desert planet where the closest city is a place of vile people. The droid gets picked up by someone seeking something else in their life that just happens to be a Jedi but doesn't know it and guess what? They escape on the very same spaceship as the empire/First order is shooting at them.

It ends with Tie fighters flying down a trench on a death star to hit a specific area to blow it up.

In between we have the cantina scene, a Darth Vader character and a rescue from the death star. It's the same movie.

Thanks snake, now I don't have to see it! B)

btw....I think The Martian had more of a plot.

• Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,119
    tjc78 said:

I know I'm in the vast minority... but I just don't get the hype associated with Star Wars.

Nor I. I saw the first one when it finally landed on TV at some point and thought "what was the hype all about?". The rest I have never been moved to see. And I don't think I have missed much.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,938
    tjc78 said:

Ditto .. never been a Star Wars fan.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665

Yeah but a 3rd party in an accident didn't sign any arbitration agreement. So when you T-bone that Bentley in your Zipcar and Zipcar cuts a check for $25,000, which will be about $200,000 shy of the balance due, then 3rd party's insurance company may repair said Bentley and then come looking for you and Zipcar. I suppose you could file Chapter 7 and play dead, but that is a pretty serious move on the chessboard of life.

I know the credit card I use (AMEX) for things like car rentals, automatically provide good car rental insurance. I believe it's the same with Zip Cars.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options

suydam said:

Snake, no disagreement that it was an updated interpretation of the original Star Wars. But, to me at least, it was a better interpretation.

I was a kid when it came out, so I was probably overly impressed by it. But, the original Star Wars with the first iteration of Dolby Surround (3.1, I believe) and seeing the death star and huge cruises on the big screen really left an impression on me.

If I were 14 or 15, and went to see the new Star Wars, I would think I would be as impressionable as I was with the original.

I enjoyed it! But, it is a reinterpretation of the original in many ways.
  • Options
    stever said:

And it's going to be fun when you get hit by the Uber driver and you get to sue the $18 to $50 billion dollar company. And the driver.

Uber has a $5 million blanket policy to cover all their "drivers". I bet it wouldn't be easy to make a claim against them.....they'll probably fight to protect their war chest.

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2016
    @snakeweasel

Thanks, snake, you saved me $10.00 by your assessment of the movie being the same as the very first on, episode 4.  I'll wait to see it on HBO, whenever that might be.

I think the hype related to Lucasfilm's saga has more to do with what Industrial Light & Magic was able to do with special effects.  It's basically a swashbuckler saga, along the lines of Errol Flynn's pirate roles and several others.  It was the first movie to use green screens for 90% of the film.

But the new generation of fans have been "brainwashed" by their parents who were the original fans.  I can picture the parents of these teens and pre-teens saying to their kids, "...and then Darth Vader used the dark side of the force to manipulate others, but his son ends up loving him..."!  It's the parents of these youngins who did more for this new film than the millions of dollars spent on publicity by Disney.  ;)

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    edited January 2016
    ab348I know I'm in the vast minority... but I just don't get the hype associated with Star Wars.

I agree 100%.

I do like those lightening sword things though.

• Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,970
    My boys and I liked it overall. Yes, many plot similarities, but that doesn't bother me. Ray/Rey is far far better (as a character, an actor, and in looks) than Luke. We also liked Fin quite a bit. I did not, however, like Kylo Ren nor Po. Neither come even close to matching the Vader and Han characters they essentially replace. Plot holes are too many to count, but again, if you just enjoy it as the action movie it is, it satisfies.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    Q....I kind of always went in to any of the Star Wars movies with a healthy dose of "suspension of disbelief" attitude.

Lucas and Spielberg offer the same sort of movie experiences based on some pretty far out premises. You either like it, or you don't.

What will be fun, is gettng the Blu-Ray and cranking it up in my Home Theater. That's always fun too, with this kind of movie.

Speaking of which, I know some mentioned The Martian. That's a fun movie if you have a Home Theater....as are any of the Marvel Movies.
  • Options
    roadburnerroadburner Member Posts: 17,391
    edited January 2016

Q....I kind of always went in to any of the Star Wars movies with a healthy dose of "suspension of disbelief" attitude.

Lucas and Spielberg offer the same sort of movie experiences based on some pretty far out premises. You either like it, or you don't.

What will be fun, is gettng the Blu-Ray and cranking it up in my Home Theater. That's always fun too, with this kind of movie.

Speaking of which, I know some mentioned The Martian. That's a fun movie if you have a Home Theater....as are any of the Marvel Movies.

In addition to the Marvel films you mentioned, I use four others a lot for Home Theater demos: Gareth Edward's Godzilla, Furious 7(the air drop sequence in particular), Terminator Salvation, and The Dark Knight.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport 2020 C43 2021 Sahara 4xe 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica
    Wife's: 2015 X1 xDrive28i
    Son's: 2018 330i xDrive

• Options
    RB....I pick up used Blu-Rays from Family Video...usually $5-$6. I picked up Godzilla 3D and have yet to get a chance to watch it. I'll do that soon. I had lost track of all the FF movies. I'll see if I can get FF7 and Terminator Salvation at Family Video, too.

The Dark Knight is great for Home Theater. I haven't watched it in awhile, but will slot it as another "movie night" to see what it looks like on my Samsung SUHD screen.

BTW...have you seen this yet?

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/home-audio/UBD-K8500/ZA

I'm waiting for OPPO to release their new 4K player.
  • Options

Both my setups don't see much action these days.. with two kids under 2. Can't wait until they enjoy movies so I can get the house rockin' again!

• Options
    andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729

andres3 said:

houdini1 said:

stickguy said:

if you are driving and don't have your own insurance, would make sense to get a $1mill umbrella policy, just in case.

How does zipcar work for keys? I always wondered that. You can't just leave them parked around town with the keys in them! So if they have to be in a garage that is manned 24/7, it will certainly limit location options, and slow down the process.

I think you have to have primary insurance of certain limits before you can buy an umbrella.
    If you don't have your own insurance as back up, seems to me that Zipcar's insurance caps out at $25K, so yeah, if you total someone's Lexus, you're on the hook.

This is the same as any insurance cap, even on your own car. You can be sued for any damages beyond what your policy says they'll pay.

Yes, but I would think that in this case zipcar would get sued too as it was their car. Plus they would have the deep pockets.
    In CA I've been told the insurance follows the car, not the driver. So I would think yes, you'd sue Zip Car first and foremost if you were shorted by their insurance.
    The insurance may follow the car but the actions are caused by the driver. So you can sue Zipcar because of the insurance but you can also sue the driver because they caused the accident.
    Correct, when suing that at-fault driver you are really suing the driver personally; though his insurance company is obligated to pay the judgment (up to the limits of the policy). In my recent case Mercury did send a representative to the small claims court to defend the defendant. If it wasn't for the policy, not sure how I would have enforced the judgment to get paid by the deadbeat defender claiming he had no money to chip in.

'15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    stever said:

I'd rather just have "under-insured" coverage, that way your own insurance company picks up the 200,000 on the Bentley example above after the 25K is exhausted.

Uninsured and under-insured coverage is fantastic, except that somehow the evil empire has lobbied CA to exclude the wonderful collision deductible waiver from under-insured claims. It is better to be hit by an uninsured driver than an under-insured one if you have the deductible waiver.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • Options
    tjc78 said:

Both my setups don't see much action these days.. with two kids under 2. Can't wait until they enjoy movies so I can get the house rockin' again!
    With Pixar Disney movies until they are 7 or 8?
  • Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,458
    I was a huge fan of the original Star Wars trilogy growing up.  I saw The Force Awakens and loved it.  My 2 sons are more into Star Wars than I ever was.  They've watched all 7 movies, Star Wars Rebels on Netflix & also on Disney XD.  We've also got Star Wars Monoply.  My younger son (turning 7 in March) says that Rey is his favorite Star Wars Character ever.  Like any movie - it is an exciting escape from reality.  Plot holes - yes.  Will they be filled?  I think so.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options

I know the credit card I use (AMEX) for things like car rentals, automatically provide good car rental insurance. I believe it's the same with Zip Cars.
    Don't think so...not sure but it's my understanding that credit cars cover collision damage to the car you are renting, not the Bentley that you just t-boned and totaled.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Friend of mine got really screwed by our current insurance laws...he got hit by an under-insured motorist whose property damage capped out at $10K. He has a '96 Porsche 993 Cabriolet. So his insurance company says "well then we'll fix the car". But when they see it, they decide to total it, and offer him $20,000. The car is worth $32K all day long.

So here we have the lovely situation of the victim being screwed out of $12K or having to fight a legal battle, losing the car he loved and bought brand-new, the perpetrator let off the hook as "judgment proof", and the company to whom my friend has been paying premiums for 25 years, low-balling him.

And we wonder why we see a scene on the nightly news with a neighbor being interviewed under the glare of police car lighting: "He was such a nice quiet man. I never thought he'd do something like that..."

• Options
    andres3 said:

tjc78 said:

With Pixar Disney movies until they are 7 or 8?</blockquote

With whatever.... yes not quite the same :)

• Options

Friend of mine got really screwed by our current insurance laws...he got hit by an under-insured motorist whose property damage capped out at $10K. He has a '96 Porsche 993 Cabriolet. So his insurance company says "well then we'll fix the car". But when they see it, they decide to total it, and offer him $20,000. The car is worth $32K all day long.

So here we have the lovely situation of the victim being screwed out of $12K or having to fight a legal battle, losing the car he loved and bought brand-new, the perpetrator let off the hook as "judgment proof", and the company to whom my friend has been paying premiums for 25 years, low-balling him.

And we wonder why we see a scene on the nightly news with a neighbor being interviewed under the glare of police car lighting: "He was such a nice quiet man. I never thought he'd do something like that..."

I hate it when laws are not fair. Even when another driver has hit our car, we end up having to use our time to pick up and return a rental car. Then drive an inferior car until ours is fixed. And, though they can fix the car it is still on a Carfax report as being in an accident, or, in the case of our 2003 Mercedes which was rear ended....we had to claim it on the trade-in report. The victim is always the looser.

I do think there should be a fund...maybe at 3% or 5% to all insurance policies, and establish a fund so no one is out because of an irresponsible moron....and there are lots of them out there!

• Options
    driver100 said:
    Friend of mine got really screwed by our current insurance laws...he got hit by an under-insured motorist whose property damage capped out at $10K. He has a '96 Porsche 993 Cabriolet. So his insurance company says "well then we'll fix the car". But when they see it, they decide to total it, and offer him $20,000. The car is worth $32K all day long. So here we have the lovely situation of the victim being screwed out of $12K or having to fight a legal battle, losing the car he loved and bought brand-new, the perpetrator let off the hook as "judgment proof", and the company to whom my friend has been paying premiums for 25 years, low-balling him. And we wonder why we see a scene on the nightly news with a neighbor being interviewed under the glare of police car lighting: "He was such a nice quiet man. I never thought he'd do something like that..."
    I hate it when laws are not fair. Even when another driver has hit our car, we end up having to use our time to pick up and return a rental car. Then drive an inferior car until ours is fixed. And, though they can fix the car it is still on a Carfax report as being in an accident, or, in the case of our 2003 Mercedes which was rear ended....we had to claim it on the trade-in report. The victim is always the looser. I do think there should be a fund...maybe at 3% or 5% to all insurance policies, and establish a fund so no one is out because of an irresponsible moron....and there are lots of them out there!
    You have to "NOT SETTLE" with the at fault's insurance company unless they provide an additional amount for "loss of value" to your car due to an accident that was not your fault.  There is sufficient evidence that a car's value drops 20% at trade if it was involved in an accident and repaint.  B)

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,458
    Friend of mine got really screwed by our current insurance laws...he got hit by an under-insured motorist whose property damage capped out at $10K. He has a '96 Porsche 993 Cabriolet. So his insurance company says "well then we'll fix the car". But when they see it, they decide to total it, and offer him $20,000. The car is worth $32K all day long. So here we have the lovely situation of the victim being screwed out of $12K or having to fight a legal battle, losing the car he loved and bought brand-new, the perpetrator let off the hook as "judgment proof", and the company to whom my friend has been paying premiums for 25 years, low-balling him. And we wonder why we see a scene on the nightly news with a neighbor being interviewed under the glare of police car lighting: "He was such a nice quiet man. I never thought he'd do something like that..."
    Ouch!  That stinks! Sorry for his loss!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,172

Don't think so...not sure but it's my understanding that credit cars cover collision damage to the car you are renting, not the Bentley that you just t-boned and totaled.
    Correct.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,172
    edited January 2016
    andres3 said:

stever said:

I'd rather just have "under-insured" coverage, that way your own insurance company picks up the 200,000 on the Bentley example above after the 25K is exhausted.
    It doesn't. Uninsured/underinsured pays for injuries/pain and suffering and similar things, not property damage. That is paid from collision/comprehensive, depending on the source of the damage.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

• Options
    You can garnish a person's wages if their property limits are capped, but then they can file a Chapter 7 and stop the garnishment; however, if they have filed a previous Chapter 7 in recent history, that tactic won't work for very long, and the court will remove the automatic stay on garnishing.

But even for a garnishment you have to first sue the person who hit you and get a court judgment.

So I guess you could force them into Chapter 7 and try and make their life miserable--but all that doesn't get your car back, and probably not your $12,000 bucks.
  • Options
    tjc78 said:

tjc....I use mine quite a bit. But, I enjoy it. I've sunk a lot of time, equipment, money, set up, etc into it. I have my own snacks, my own private bathroom, power reclining seats, etc. :smile: I'm sure yours is the same or better, as is RB's.
  • Options
    No power recliners, but some nice (albeit, getting a little older now) equipment. Yamaha RX-V1, B&W speakers all around and Klipsch sub. It can shake the neighbors house if I want it to! :)

When the kids are older, I'll probably spring for a major upgrade.

• Options

unless they provide an additional amount for "loss of value" to your car due to an accident that was not your fault.  There is sufficient evidence that a car's value drops 20% at trade if it was involved in an accident and repaint.  B)

Fotunately, I haven't had an accident where I lost out yet, but that is really good info to know about.

When we traded in the 2003 Mercedes that was rear ended they gave us an excellent trade in price, even though it was rear ended.

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,716
    edited January 2016
    driver100 said:

I hate it when laws are not fair. Even when another driver has hit our car, we end up having to use our time to pick up and return a rental car. Then drive an inferior car until ours is fixed. And, though they can fix the car it is still on a Carfax report as being in an accident, or, in the case of our 2003 Mercedes which was rear ended....we had to claim it on the trade-in report. The victim is always the looser.

I do think there should be a fund...maybe at 3% or 5% to all insurance policies, and establish a fund so no one is out because of an irresponsible moron....and there are lots of them out there!
    Reminds me of the episode of Fast & Loud where they built a triple black 67 Mustang and as they were doing final road tests an uninsured motorist totaled it.

Wonder how someone is driving around without insurance. In NY you can't register a car without proof. My son let his lapse for 75 days and it cost over $1000 in penalties to resolve it.

How about a roll call of insurance requirements from our respective states?

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    One good men's (mostly) action movie this year was Sicario....about border guards, U.S. - Mexico border. This movie didn't get a lot of attention, but it is well done. Some violence and gore, but, I call it good violence in that it is necessary to advance the plot.

• Options
    I hate it when laws are not fair. Even when another driver has hit our car, we end up having to use our time to pick up and return a rental car. Then drive an inferior car until ours is fixed. And, though they can fix the car it is still on a Carfax report as being in an accident, or, in the case of our 2003 Mercedes which was rear ended....we had to claim it on the trade-in report. The victim is always the looser. I do think there should be a fund...maybe at 3% or 5% to all insurance policies, and establish a fund so no one is out because of an irresponsible moron....and there are lots of them out there!
    Reminds me of the episode of Fast & Loud where they built a triple black 67 Mustang and as they were doing final road tests an uninsured motorist totaled it. Wonder how someone is driving around without insurance. In NY you can't register a car without proof. My son let his lampse for 75 days and it cost over $1000 in penalties to resolve it. How about a roll call of insurance requirements from our respective states?
    In Florida, you cannot register your vehicle unless you provide the name of the auto insurance carrier and the policy number.  Thus, no insurance, no registration. 

Also so you must carry a minimum of 10,000/20,000 liability + 10,000 PIP (personal injury protection) which is NO FAULT in FL.  So the first 10,000 in injuries are paid to you by your own insurance.  Above that, the at fault party's insurance is required to pay.  But if they carry 10/20K, underinsured/uninsured motorist takes over.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    driver100 said:

Love the idea. It is called covering diminished value and it is true and real. Why the insurance companies want to avoid this in every State but Georgia boggles my mind. You shouldn't be able to buy coverage if YOU are at fault, but certainly you should be able to have "not-at-fault" diminished value coverage including for uninsured and under-insured claims.

Also, you can insist on "like" transportation in your rental car. The insurance companies will resist. You can tell them to pound sand. You are entitled to "like" transportation. To insurance companies this means the same amount of seats. To me it means AWD, 300+ HP, great handling, good brakes, luxurious appointments. Of course I drive an Audi. If I drove a beater, I'd feel differently.
  • Options
    ab348ab348 Member Posts: 19,119
    driver100 said:

One good men's (mostly) action movie this year was Sicario....about border guards, U.S. - Mexico border. This movie didn't get a lot of attention, but it is well done. Some violence and gore, but, I call it good violence in that it is necessary to advance the plot.

Someone mentioned this to me just recently, saying they liked it but that the ending was a downer. I don't know how it ended and didn't ask.

2017 Cadillac ATS Performance Premium 3.6

• Options
    andres3 said:
    Love the idea. It is called covering diminished value and it is true and real. Why the insurance companies want to avoid this in every State but Georgia boggles my mind. You shouldn't be able to buy coverage if YOU are at fault, but certainly you should be able to have "not-at-fault" diminished value coverage including for uninsured and under-insured claims. Also, you can insist on "like" transportation in your rental car. The insurance companies will resist. You can tell them to pound sand. You are entitled to "like" transportation. To insurance companies this means the same amount of seats. To me it means AWD, 300+ HP, great handling, good brakes, luxurious appointments. Of course I drive an Audi. If I drove a beater, I'd feel differently.
    Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance is for personal injuries, not for property.  Collision, comprehensive and property damage covers property.

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    In Michigan, people would buy a month's worth of insurance, register their car and then let the insurance lapse. There wasn't any follow-up to see if you were insured the entire time your registration was valid, afaik, unless a cop ran your plates perhaps.