Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Edmunds Members - Cars and Conversations

Comments

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,216
    Nice car, great color combo. Keep some microfiber cloths and a little spritzer in the car to keep those screens clean :)
  • Options
    jmonroejmonroe Member Posts: 8,989
    How many of you guys remember GM's recall, and yes it was a recall, back in the early 70's for mid 60's broken engine mounts on various GM cars with V8 engines?

I had a used '67 Impala with the powerful 283 CID, V8 engine as my second car that got the "fix" before I got it around 1974.

GM's "fix" for the broken engine mounts was not to replace the broken engine mounts but merely mount a bracket on each side of the engine (maybe it was the intake manifold but that is not important) and install a wire rope around a removable pin, held in place by a carter pin on this bracket, and loop it around the top of the upper control arm bolt/rod and back to the pin on the bracket. Wala it was "fixed"

It worked because, if the engine mount broke even if it wasn't broke at the time of the recall, the wire rope prevented the engine from moving too far. I can't remember all the scenarios but depending on which side had the broken engine mount, different problems occurred, like causing throttle linkage binding, gear shift locking in a position that you did not want it to lock in, pulling off the vacuum hose from the boost unit mounted on the firewall, etc.

I think there was well over 5 million cars affected by this recall. My car had a broken engine mount on the driver's side but not on the passenger side and that one never broke.

This "fix" saved GM a bundle compared to replacing both engine mounts and the labor to do it. A Chevy mechanic told me the cost for the "fix" didn't even cost GM $5 for both sides and the labor took less than 45 minutes to do both sides. Compare that to 2 engine mounts at about $20 each and at least 2 hours to install both of them.

Here is a pic of the bracket on the engine. It does not show the connection to the upper control arm so you'll have to trust me that it was done the way I explained it.

If @isellhondas (not the imposter 4 guy) is still around I'll bet he remembers this. Maybe even @Mr_Shiftright and @imidazol97 remember this too.

jmonroe

'15 Genesis V8 with Ultimate Package and '18 Legacy Limited 6 cyl

• Options
    abacomikeabacomike Member Posts: 12,258
    fintail said:
    Nice car, great color combo. Keep some microfiber cloths and a little spritzer in the car to keep those screens clean :)
    Speaking of screens, etc., yesterday while sitting in my car, I took out the cleaning cloth I use to clean my glasses so I could dust off the main screen in the center of the dash and low and behold I must have touched the screen with my finger and the song I was playing changed to another selection.  

I was was surprised by this so I tried to recreate the same action and to my surprise, the audio changed to yet another selection.  I figured out after owning and driving my car for 2-1/2 months that I have a "touch sensitive screen"!  

I wonder why they put in a "mouse" type device on my console to select options and choices and settings and also make the main screen touch sensitive as well.  Why have both?  Also, most settings and options can be done via voice control. I do not like touch screens in a car because of possibly scratching the screen and putting fingerprints all over it. So I will continue using the mouse controller and avoid touching the screen.  Strange engineering and redundancy.   :o

2021 Genesis G90

• Options

Untitled

Man, I need to sweep out the garage....

Get a loooong handled broom and sweep it my way.

Nice car. Have fun with it.

jmonroe

• Options

jmonroe said:

How many of you guys remember GM's recall, and yes it was a recall, back in the early 70's for mid 60's broken engine mounts on various GM cars with V8 engines?

I had a used '67 Impala with the powerful 283 CID, V8 engine as my second car that got the "fix" before I got it around 1974.

GM's "fix" for the broken engine mounts was not to replace the broken engine mounts but merely mount a bracket on each side of the engine (maybe it was the intake manifold but that is not important) and install a wire rope around a removable pin, held in place by a carter pin on this bracket, and loop it around the top of the upper control arm bolt/rod and back to the pin on the bracket. Wala it was "fixed"

It worked because, if the engine mount broke even if it wasn't broke at the time of the recall, the wire rope prevented the engine from moving too far. I can't remember all the scenarios but depending on which side had the broken engine mount, different problems occurred, like causing throttle linkage binding, gear shift locking in a position that you did not want it to lock in, pulling off the vacuum hose from the boost unit mounted on the firewall, etc.

I think there was well over 5 million cars affected by this recall. My car had a broken engine mount on the driver's side but not on the passenger side and that one never broke.

This "fix" saved GM a bundle compared to replacing both engine mounts and the labor to do it. A Chevy mechanic told me the cost for the "fix" didn't even cost GM $5 for both sides and the labor took less than 45 minutes to do both sides. Compare that to 2 engine mounts at about $20 each and at least 2 hours to install both of them.

Here is a pic of the bracket on the engine. It does not show the connection to the upper control arm so you'll have to trust me that it was done the way I explained it.

If @isellhondas (not the imposter 4 guy) is still around I'll bet he remembers this. Maybe even @Mr_Shiftright and @imidazol97 remember this too.

jmonroe

OHHHH...my FAVORITE factory defect !!

It was the work of an evil genius, really. I'm mean....just take this in:

When the engine mount broke, the engine would fall to the side.

This in turn pulled the throttle linkage all the way open

(wait, it gets better)

At the same time, the falling engine yanked the vacuum hose off the power brake booster

(wait, not done yet)

In some cases, if the engine fell down far enough, it would rest on the car's steering arm and jam it.

So there you are---wide open throttle, no brakes and no steering.

Doesn't it sound like some crime story where the wife hires someone to bump off her husband and "make it look like an accident".... :p
    Happy to have brought out an old FAVORITE for you. ;)

jmonroe

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    They just don't make defects like they used to---the Jaguar V-12s bursting into flame, the Saab control arms cracking in half when you went into reverse, Porsche engine air boxes literally exploding, the Mazda Rotary's rifle-shot backfires---or going way way back, the Model T Ford running over their owners while they were cranking the engine over by hand.
  • Options
    abacomike said:

fintail said:

Speaking of screens, etc., yesterday while sitting in my car, I took out the cleaning cloth I use to clean my glasses so I could dust off the main screen in the center of the dash and low and behold I must have touched the screen with my finger and the song I was playing changed to another selection.  

I was was surprised by this so I tried to recreate the same action and to my surprise, the audio changed to yet another selection.  I figured out after owning and driving my car for 2-1/2 months that I have a "touch sensitive screen"!  

I wonder why they put in a "mouse" type device on my console to select options and choices and settings and also make the main screen touch sensitive as well.  Why have both?  Also, most settings and options can be done via voice control. I do not like touch screens in a car because of possibly scratching the screen and putting fingerprints all over it. So I will continue using the mouse controller and avoid touching the screen.  Strange engineering and redundancy.   :o

Mike, welcome to the world of up-scale cars.

My '15 Genny has that too. The Ultimate package gives you the wheel too (really you have to pay for it but you know what I mean). Otherwise it's only touch screen.

Like you, I don't like to finger print my display but to show off for passengers I can't resist, I do it both ways. When I'm by myself I only use the wheel.

Man, am I a wannabe guy or what? B)

jmonroe

• Options
    driver100driver100 Member Posts: 31,997
    GG, Great looking car. Love the exterior color and a very nice interior too. Like the white with black accents and the metal inserts......also like the center stack.

Very nice.

2017 MB E400 , 2015 MB GLK350, 2014 MB C250

• Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,499
    edited February 2017

Untitled

Beautiful car and color combo (I have the same), @graphicguy! BTW, do you have beige carpets with black mats or black carpeting? Can't tell.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 242,118
    @graphicguy - sharp looking color combo. Enjoy the new Infiniti, and let's hope you can get to a resolution on the CTS soon.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options

driver100 said:

I am not very forgiving....I hold a grudge for a very long time....at least until I can get some revenge.

driver100 said:
    I am not very forgiving....I hold a grudge for a very long time....at least until I can get some revenge.

We've been warned folks! LOL

I am the nicest easiest going most trusting person in the world, but if someone messes with me I will get revenge. Most of the companies that canned me are now out of business, or they really resented me because I took a large share of their business away from them. Almost everyone who tries to take advantage of me will usually regret it. Car companies that have messed with me have lost one way or another. Even Audi....they may have sold me a new car and then got the business for the replacement car.....plus they lost my wife's car business, that is 3 cars they lost because of $1200! Not to mention possible future business, and some of the people I have talked to probably won't buy one.

If I had GG's Cadillac problem I would make their life miserable. I'd pass out flyers to prospective customers, I'd be getting publicity on TV and radio and in newspapers as well as websites. I'd tell my story to 60 Minutes, I think people would love to hear about it. I don't have to lie about it, just the facts would be enough to scare any customers away.

I would be after the AGs office in Ohio and the National Safety Council. If someone makes my life miserable I won't rest until I cause them twice as much trouble as they cause me. But, usually I am just a quiet easy going person.

• Options
    @jmonroe

What's with the "wannabe" stuff?  A Genesis is no slouch of a car.  I drove a 2017 before making my decision in December.  It's a great car with all the goodies one would want in a luxury car.  It's not a cheap car, either - the one I drove was about $55,000 - pretty close to the cost of a MB E Class or a BMW 5 series - but in comparison it was much more car with a lot more for the money.

I just was not comfortable in the driver's seat.  Since my surgery, it is quite painful getting in and out of most cars and painful sitting in most cars for more than an hour.  

Wannabe - phooey - you're already a star - what else can be said about jmonroe?   ;)

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    driver100 said:
    driver100 said: I am not very forgiving....I hold a grudge for a very long time....at least until I can get some revenge.
    I am the nicest easiest going most trusting person in the world, but if someone messes with me I will get revenge. Most of the companies that canned me are now out of business, or they really resented me because I took a large share of their business away from them. Almost everyone who tries to take advantage of me will usually regret it. Car companies that have messed with me have lost one way or another. Even Audi....they may have sold me a new car and then got the business for the replacement car.....plus they lost my wife's car business, that is 3 cars they lost because of $1200! Not to mention possible future business, and some of the people I have talked to probably won't buy one. If I had GG's Cadillac problem I would make their life miserable. I'd pass out flyers to prospective customers, I'd be getting publicity on TV and radio and in newspapers as well as websites. I'd tell my story to 60 Minutes, I think people would love to hear about it. I don't have to lie about it, just the facts would be enough to scare any customers away. I would be after the AGs office in Ohio and the National Safety Council. If someone makes my life miserable I won't rest until I cause them twice as much trouble as they cause me. But, usually I am just a quiet easy going person.
    Could have fooled me, driver!!!  :p

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    abacomike said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

I am the nicest easiest going most trusting person in the world, but if someone messes with me I will get revenge. Most of the companies that canned me are now out of business, or they really resented me because I took a large share of their business away from them. Almost everyone who tries to take advantage of me will usually regret it. Car companies that have messed with me have lost one way or another. Even Audi....they may have sold me a new car and then got the business for the replacement car.....plus they lost my wife's car business, that is 3 cars they lost because of $1200! Not to mention possible future business, and some of the people I have talked to probably won't buy one.

If I had GG's Cadillac problem I would make their life miserable. I'd pass out flyers to prospective customers, I'd be getting publicity on TV and radio and in newspapers as well as websites. I'd tell my story to 60 Minutes, I think people would love to hear about it. I don't have to lie about it, just the facts would be enough to scare any customers away.

I would be after the AGs office in Ohio and the National Safety Council. If someone makes my life miserable I won't rest until I cause them twice as much trouble as they cause me. But, usually I am just a quiet easy going person.

Could have fooled me, driver!!!  :p

He just wants to be another star around here. :D

jmonroe

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,649
    my sonata has a touch screen. I don't like it at all. would rather have a controller wheel. I just don't have the right touch, so end up pushing when I am trying to scroll. My wife gets mad at it too. I just use the radio controls on the steering wheel usually. I can scroll through all 18 presets quick enough.

and today, I gave voice commands to the car for the first time in ages. Managed to actually call home successfully!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,960
    @graphicguy
    gorgeous.  Same color combo I had on my 09 Genesis.  

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    fintailfintail Member Posts: 57,216
    That is weird. Germans have a fixation with buttons, and most German cars seem to prefer buttons and mouse/wheel controllers to touchscreens. If I had a dual input system, I too would use the mouse or wheel, I can't stand fingerprints.
    abacomike said:

Also, most settings and options can be done via voice control. I do not like touch screens in a car because of possibly scratching the screen and putting fingerprints all over it. So I will continue using the mouse controller and avoid touching the screen.  Strange engineering and redundancy.   :o

• Options
    nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,464
    @graphicguy - beautiful car & color combination!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• Options
    ventureventure Member Posts: 2,912
    jmonroe said:

jmonroe

I had a '74 Monte Carlo with the 350 engine. When the engine mount broke the engine would lift when reving and the fan would hit the fan shroud. A pretty horrible noise.

I replaced the motor mount.

2020 Ascent Limited, 2024 Subaru Legacy Sport

• Options
    bwiabwia Member Posts: 2,913

Untitled

GG, I know you were test driving cars but I didn't realize you had settled on an Infiniti. Upscale and very good looking interior, I hope you have better luck with it than the CTS. Enjoy!
  • Options
    sdasda Member Posts: 6,999
    jipster said:

Like isellhondas4, I too have been having computer problems.  Running a daily complete reset to factory default settings is the only thing that will unlock my keyboard. I blame Trump or the moderators, as they seem to get blamed for most things these days.  :'(

I had my son's bedroom furniture delivered a couple days ago. Bought a very nice set from Macy's. Was about $400 more, but the quality far surpasses that of Ashley furniture.

Ashley was calling about 6 times a day to deliver their furniture that I canceled...or tried to about 4 times. They still have my phone number, and wifes, on block. Used my son's phone to call. Got thru. Again said there is no record of furniture being delivered, but they still havent credited my credit card with the purchase amount. Hopefully they dont try to deliver that furniture when my son is home alone...may end up with 2 sets of furniture.  :'(

edited: Well, it looks like the ole Jipster has emerged victoriously. I wont be needing the Jmonroe left hook after all. Just checked my credit card transactions, and Ashley furniture has credited my account in full, NO cancellation fee!

Excellent. No one should have to go thru that hassle, especially since you canceled so quickly! I won't shop at Ashley.

2018 VW Passat SE w/tech, 2016 Audi Q5 Premium Plus w/tech, 2006 Acura TL w/nav

• Options
    jipster said:

; :'(

edited: Well, it looks like the ole Jipster has emerged victoriously. I wont be needing the Jmonroe left hook after all. Just checked my credit card transactions, and Ashley furniture has credited my account in full, NO cancellation fee!

Congrats Jip. I am sure the furniture you ended up with will be worth the extra $400 bucks!

Way to go getting revenge on Ashleys, you outfoxed them by not accepting the order, manager might have been bluffing about restocking fee and thought he could slip an order through. Who says revenge isn't fun?

• Options
    houdini1houdini1 Member Posts: 8,327
    jipster said:

Like isellhondas4, I too have been having computer problems.  Running a daily complete reset to factory default settings is the only thing that will unlock my keyboard. I blame Trump or the moderators, as they seem to get blamed for most things these days.  :'(

I had my son's bedroom furniture delivered a couple days ago. Bought a very nice set from Macy's. Was about $400 more, but the quality far surpasses that of Ashley furniture.

Ashley was calling about 6 times a day to deliver their furniture that I canceled...or tried to about 4 times. They still have my phone number, and wifes, on block. Used my son's phone to call. Got thru. Again said there is no record of furniture being delivered, but they still havent credited my credit card with the purchase amount. Hopefully they dont try to deliver that furniture when my son is home alone...may end up with 2 sets of furniture.  :'(

Congrats Jip, great victory !!

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• Options
    The corporate office probably had no chance but to reverse the charges.   No delivery would mean no sale.  

Glad it worked out.  

• Options
    abacomike said:

@jmonroe

What's with the "wannabe" stuff?  A Genesis is no slouch of a car.  I drove a 2017 before making my decision in December.  It's a great car with all the goodies one would want in a luxury car.  It's not a cheap car, either - the one I drove was about $55,000 - pretty close to the cost of a MB E Class or a BMW 5 series - but in comparison it was much more car with a lot more for the money.

I just was not comfortable in the driver's seat.  Since my surgery, it is quite painful getting in and out of most cars and painful sitting in most cars for more than an hour.  

Wannabe - phooey - you're already a star - what else can be said about jmonroe?   ;)

He knows that Mike. He's just fishing for a compliment !!

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• Options
    edited February 2017

Mike:Could have fooled me, driver!!!

He just wants to be another star around here.jmonroe

There is only one star, and it is all yours good buddy.

• Options
    oldfarmer50oldfarmer50 Member Posts: 22,736
    P

Thanks, TJC. I'm determined this time. I know it's a David vs Goliath scenario. But, their treatment of me has been my motivator. GM is trying to make this as difficult as possible. I was thinking last night, what a miserable job it must be to be a Cadillac Customer Service rep. They are neither focosed on the Customer, or Service! Not sure what it is they do.

Got a call from the dealership this a.m. (General Manager) Not sure what GM has told them, but they want their loaner back. Not sure what Cadillac told GM, but he acted like he didn't know what was going on. He said he thought I was a happy ower. Yeah....that's why I've had the loaner(s) for two months.

I know where this goes from here. Now, it really gets contentious.

Make the cost of your new Infinity part of your lawsuit if they won't let you keep the loaner.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options
    js06gvjs06gv Member Posts: 460
    I took this pic on the Florida Turnpike south of Orlando yesterday. Doing this to an ES should be considered criminal. I thought the "New Jersey Package" was a thing of the distant past, but then I remembered where I was!  ;)

2024 Ram 1500 Longhorn, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Kia Optima SX, 2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

• Options
    I see them every day......when I am here in Florida. As if those aren't bad enough, the ones I really don't get are the ones' that they try to make look like 4 door convertibles....with the roof up.

Who are they trying to fool?

• Options
    Sunday can be a little slow and I just received this joke which I thought might be slightly on topic:

A retired older couple return to a Mercedes dealership where the salesman has just sold the car they were interested in to a beautiful blonde in a mini skirt and halter top.
    The old man was visibly upset. He spoke to the salesman sharply. "Young man, I thought you said you would hold that car till we raised the $55,000 asking price," said the older man. "Yet I just heard you closed the deal for $45,000 to the lovely young lady there."
    "And if I remember right, you had insisted there was no way you could discount this model."
    The salesman took a deep breath, cleared his throat and reached for a large glass of water. "Well, what can I tell you? She had the cash ready, didn't need any financing help, and, Sir, just look at her, how could I resist?", replied the grinning salesman sheepishly.
    Just then the young woman approached the senior couple and gave the car keys to the old man... "There you go," she said. "I told you I could get him to lower
    the price... see you later, Dad."

• Options
    venture said:

jmonroe said:

jmonroe

I had a '74 Monte Carlo with the 350 engine. When the engine mount broke the engine would lift when reving and the fan would hit the fan shroud. A pretty horrible noise.

I replaced the motor mount.
    I broke the motor mount on my 69 Plymouth after years of abuse. Drove it for a year like that. Could tell when I was getting too frisky because the engine would rise up and pull the power steering hose off. Instant manual steering.

2019 Kia Soul+, 2015 Mustang GT, 2013 Ford F-150, 2000 Chrysler Sebring convertible

• Options

Untitled

That's a great color. Nice switch from the usual white-grey-black you usually see.

• Options
    driver100 said:

Sunday can be a little slow and I just received this joke which I thought might be slightly on topic:

A retired older couple return to a Mercedes dealership where the salesman has just sold the car they were interested in to a beautiful blonde in a mini skirt and halter top.
    The old man was visibly upset. He spoke to the salesman sharply. "Young man, I thought you said you would hold that car till we raised the $55,000 asking price," said the older man. "Yet I just heard you closed the deal for $45,000 to the lovely young lady there."
    "And if I remember right, you had insisted there was no way you could discount this model."
    The salesman took a deep breath, cleared his throat and reached for a large glass of water. "Well, what can I tell you? She had the cash ready, didn't need any financing help, and, Sir, just look at her, how could I resist?", replied the grinning salesman sheepishly.
    Just then the young woman approached the senior couple and gave the car keys to the old man... "There you go," she said. "I told you I could get him to lower
    the price... see you later, Dad."

Old age and deceit....a deadly combination !!

2013 LX 570 2016 LS 460

• Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,508

Untitled

Very nice! Hope you enjoy thousands of trouble-free miles. Looks like a manual, but if so, where's the shift pattern? Reverse is all over the place in my experience, depending on the manufacturer; the other six not so much.

'08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    @graphicguy

I didn't realize it was a 3-pedal GG.  I must have missed that in all the posts and pictures.  I like it even more now, if that's possible.   :p

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,649
    It is an automatic. The shift lever just slightly resembles a manual trans.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,668
    carnaught said:

Untitled

Beautiful car and color combo (I have the same), @graphicguy! BTW, do you have beige carpets with black mats or black carpeting? Can't tell.
    The carpeted mats and the carpets are tan. The rubber, winter mats are black.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    stickguy said:
    I guess Infiniti designed that gear selector purposely to deceive old geezers like me!   :p

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,668
    stickguy said:

Yes....an manumatic with rev matching. Don't shift much in manual mode, so far. But it works.

Driver....I tried to go the Attorney General route you suggested, but they said to exhaust the BBB avenue and then come back to them.

Now that GM has told the dealership to take the loaner car back (they feel punitive actions are going to make me rethink holding them to the lemon law....wrong), that's a prelude to seeing how far I'll go to hold them to their warranty agreement.

Sad to hear that nothing has changed with GM since the '60s and the story you guys relayed about the engine mounts.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,499
    driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

I still like the approach of parking the defective car in a conspicuous place (ideally in front of the dealership), with a picture of a large lemon in the window.

• Options
    While I was completing my daily walk here at the Boca Town Center, I noticed that the Bentley dealership put a new SUV on display. I'll try to post some photos:

2021 Genesis G90

• Options

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    One of the most expensive SUV's I've ever seen!  :o

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    stickguy said:
    I guess Infiniti designed that gear selector purposely to deceive old geezers like me!   :p

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    Lol you could carpet a bedroom for the price of the "deep pile overmats".  

Thanks for the pics, actually aside from the front not a bad looking vehicle. 

• Options
    edited February 2017
    js06gv said:

I took this pic on the Florida Turnpike south of Orlando yesterday. Doing this to an ES should be considered criminal. I thought the "New Jersey Package" was a thing of the distant past, but then I remembered where I was!  ;)

There are people in my Condo community that would not buy a car unless it had a vinyl roof and pinstripes. Not easy to convince old geezers that vinyl roofs and pinstripes went out with rotary phones - what am I talking about - my BMW came in with painted-on pinstripes from the sending dealer - nice touch! :'(:s :@ :(B)

2021 Genesis G90

• Options
    carnaught said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

driver100 said:

I still like the approach of parking the defective car in a conspicuous place (ideally in front of the dealership), with a picture of a large lemon in the window.

I love that kind of thinking. I'd give out flyers to people ON THE STREET - not on their property. Be careful to not say anything that isn't true. Car tied up for 2 months would be enough to stir the hornets nest.

• Options
    Mike, interesting car, wonder if it is really worth that much over say an X5, which looks almost the same?

I get the impression it is for people who have lots of dough, but make it want to appear they don't have lots of dough, so people will think they have even more dough since they are keeping their dough low profile.....if you know what I mean.