Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Porsche Cayenne

1343536373840»

Comments

• mom29mom29 Member Posts: 4
    i hear the body will change slightly,is this car regarded as a VW ? most people say so.i hear they share body parts. i put a down payment on a 2011. to be the first ones to order the new model. I love the 911, i had one before. im older now so getiing in and out is hard now.should i get this car or not? purist say this is not a true porsche. im cant decide. can anyone comment please.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,923
    There is some platform sharing between the Cayenee and the Touareg. Was that way with the current generation, too. Body is totally different, though, as is just about everything else bolted onto the platform.

people always seem to forget that there is lots of platform sharing out there and it often does nothing to water down the vehicle built on top of it. Just look at something like Ford's EUCD platform. On top of it, they built vehicles as diverse as the Volvo S80, Ford S-MAX mpv, and Land Rover LR2.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

thanks for your comment.I agree.when i had the rx330 lexus,who shares with highlander, the lexus blew it out of the water, no comparison, the GTS 2011 cayenne should be nice .I saw a spy photo,car driver mag. its shorter wider than the previous models. this is my retirement gift to myself. this is the car i like i just test drove a 2010, wow.. puts a smile on my face as wide as the east river. :blush:
    wow. HUGE difference between those 2 vehicles. Have you checked out the Panamera? Could be a nice balance between a sportscar and SUV.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

thanks again for the feedback. I sat in the panamera last week. It looks nice,im just not sure.I own buildings in downtown brooklyn ny, so sometimes i have to put construction materials so the bigger trunk is a need for me. I just dont like the lights in the front. back is ok. that spoiler that rises out is wild.the interior is nice.They told me at the dealership that the new cayenne is getting the panamera interior. lets wait and see. I have a 500.00 refundable deposit on the cayenne,so i can be the first ones to order it. bye
  • bmlexusbmlexus Member Posts: 755
    edited February 2010
    I have just seen a video which seems is the new cayenne, and am really disappointed.

link title

link title
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    It's a little longer but it looks lower in the pics. Maybe it's just the angle though.

2011 Porsche Cayenne: 2010 Geneva Auto Show (Inside Line)

• captdannocaptdanno Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy a 06 or 08 used Cayenne, for those of you out there with over 30,000 miles on a Cayenne would you feel comfortable buying one ( with over 30,000 miles) knowing what you know after driving and maintaining this vehicle?

Thanks for your insight.:)
  • rowlandjrowlandj Member Posts: 254
    I have a V6 version and am pretty happy with it. However, if you are getting a V8 be sure the coolant pipes have been replaced. The originals were plastic and the update to the new metal pipes can be expensive.
  • highenderhighender Member Posts: 1,358
    Love the cayenne.

Went to the dealership last week.... saw the 911 GTRS.....but the cayenne was still niice.
    Love the panarama....(sp?)
  • redgredg Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2012
    I'm wondering if anyone who owns a Cayenne has tried towing with it.
    Our friends, with whom we partnered on a 4000lb travel trailer, towed the trailer to Pismo Beach, CA, a mostly flat drive, for a weekend, and on the way home, the transmission seemed to fail.
    It would not engage in either forward or reverse. After two hours on the side of the road awaiting the arrival of a family member, the car engaged in forward and reverse and was driven home without the trailer in tow (the family member had brought another vehicle with which to tow) and was driven home without incident. The Porsche mechanic is stumped.
    My thinking is that the transmission has a temperature sensor that sensed high fluid temp and shut the transmission down. A dedicated transmission cooler might help.
    There are several Porsche racers who use a Cayenne to tow a trailer with their 911 on it. I know of one personally who tows his GT3 that way, and I've heard of many other similar instances.

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    "Few car companies do as much to maintain interest in their lineup as Porsche, and the Turbo S is yet another example. Plain ol' Turbo seem like yesterday's news? How about a few extra horsepower and a new badge?"

2013 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S Makes World Debut

• raforanraforan Member Posts: 3
    Yes, we had the same problem on 2006 Cayenne and dealer and Porsche USA would not do anything. There are over 3,000 complaints and NY Attorney General told me to take them to small claims court after they contacted them. Simple answer is do not give them business again. They do not stand behind their product and refuse to recall after over 3,000 people recorded the same problem. It is a manufacture defect that they refuse to admit.
  • highenderhighender Member Posts: 1,358
    wow..... I have been gone for 6 years, and no one posting on Cayenne ??
  • eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    edited December 2013

find me a manual transmission cayenne to testdrive and it will probably sell itself to me as fast as a Z06 vette testdrive would sell me on a vette.