Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Toyota Tundra

Comments

• redsilveradoredsilverado Member Posts: 1,000
  • bamatundrabamatundra Member Posts: 1,583
    Quad, You are finally responding to the issues. It is too bad you got stuck with a Lemonado. I will light a candle for you.

Now - does the fact that you can get 100 new email addresses for free somehow add more credibility to your posts?

By the way: Doesn't Red sound like a little like BLD lately?
    You haven't explained - What is a Toddy?

Thanks,

Anonymous
  • ryanbabryanbab Member Posts: 7,240
    yep email name and pics show CREDIBILITY!
    Why does name and pics show CREDIBILITY? Does this mean that BCO is a wannabee?
    have you seen his site?

http://www.picturetrail.com/bco

I dont think someone who didnt own a silverado would have that much info

• toddstocktoddstock Member Posts: 268
    is a very sexy man... Of course, you will not flush anything with me... That's about the dumbest thing I have ever read.... Notice how I have said the dumbest...These Chevy guys keep getting worse and worse....
    probably be more to your level if we let the wives do all the talking as you and your wife do todd, but are wives could careless about picking on some poor losers that drive tundras.
    You are like on here all the time... Dang... Don't tell us, you have one of those online girlfriends...LOL... I come on here mainly to get a laugh.. You come on here because it is a serious part of your life... Get a life man... You be sure to have a good one with this one now, ya here?
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Let's keep this one focused on the Toyota Tundra and avoid all the little digs back and forth shall we?

Thanks!

PF Flyer

Host

Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

• chirravuchirravu Member Posts: 106
    Fresh off the press:

NHTSA to Investigate Steering Shaft Fracture on 800,000 Ford Trucks. At least 41 crashes and 13 injuries so far linked to the problem ..

At least 41 crashes and 13 injuries have been reported to Ford Motor Co. and NHTSA. Ford also has received 36 warranty claims about the problem. NHTSA, which released details of the investigation as part of its monthly report into possible defects ..

The agency also began an engineering analysis of the 2000 and 2001 model years of Dodge Dakota quad-cab pickups. Two people have contacted the NHTSA, and 21 have filed warranty claims ..

Where all the Toughness gone ?
    but why post it here?
  • sbell4sbell4 Member Posts: 446
    I pop in on this forum from time to time to see if I can learn any useful knowledge from the topics being discussed. Instead of slamming one another over silly stats and figures, would you consider a topic on the Tundra rear seat room and why it is like that or the smooth drive and performance etc. I predict you would be surprised on the info you can learn from listening to others opinions that are different from your own. I am now off my soap box and will leave you all alone.
    Red:
    "and what's even funnier, is that a few peole here know what the original poster has decided to buy. Doh!"

Red, I read all of the posts and Meeker never said what he decided on. Do you know something other than what is posted here?
  • hguy11hguy11 Member Posts: 16
    Does anyone think that higher gasoline prices won't have any effect on rebates?
    let it go eh? let's just put it this way......behold the power of emailing Doh!!
    sorry you weren't included, but your name did come up a couple times. seems you were the one who made someone see the light. thank you from the Big 3 bama, as you saved another one. you're not such a bad guy after all, nope, you have been quite helpful. LOL
  • 427435427435 Member Posts: 86
    I'm looking for something to replace my Grand Marquis that will tow a 3500 lb boat and provide good comfort and decent gas mileage when not towing. The new Merc's aren't rated beyond 2000 lb trailers anymore so a 2 WD Tundra is being considered. Can anyone give me some real world gas mileage running 70-75 on interstate as well as slower driving around semi-rural areas?

Thanks.
    I have gotten up to 19.5 mpg with my V8, 4X4 extended cab, SR5 when driving strictly highway with cruise control set to 75. The 2WD is rated by the EPA to get 1 mpg better. YMMV.

I have checked in town and get 14-15mpg.
    And where did all of your Tundra towing knowledge come from? It seems that Tundra sites get infested with disgruntled Chev owners. I can look in the Silverado sites and not see a single post from a Tundra owner. The Chev pack is just a little insecure about their weak pickup.
    right about not having towed with the tundra. like i said in the past, and even asked you in a nice way about being able to buy a tundra the way i wanted it, it's dimensionally unsafe for using as a truck, when it comes to hauling long payloads, towing anything that will be affected by gusty winds, and no way will it be the best setup for 5th wheeling. the latter two mentioned are obviously true by the fact that anything that fits that description has been filled by the bigger chevy and ford trucks you see on the road today. nobody needs to experience towing with a tundra or reading about the tundra's
    incapabilities to know that a bigger truck was the obvious answer for the original poster to this topic. and it's not insecurities that bring any of the big3 into your forums, it's the fact that you guys made a terrible selection in what you believe is a truck, and we just like to offer our support.
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    EPA City 14
    EPA HWY 17
    Now we have Quad telling us what the Tundra gas mileage is.

And where did all of the Chev pack's Tundra knowledge come from? It seems that Tundra sites get infested with poor fools who bought Chevs.

I can look in the Silverado sites and not see a single post from a Tundra owner. It seems the Chev pack is just a little bit insecure about their weak pickup.
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    the mgp you'll get out of a tundra? especially with only a 4.7? How can a 4.7 guzzle that much gas? Something isn't right here....
    Another Chev owner telling us how bad Tundra owners have it! Where are all of the Tundra owners posting to Chev topics?
  • rwellbaum2rwellbaum2 Member Posts: 1,006
    Unlike the disgruntled chevy owners clogging this topic, I actually own a Tundra. I average 18.8 mpg hwy, 16.2 mixed and 14.7 strictly city with a 4x4 v-8 access cab.
    RWELL just curious what size tires do you have? Another thing (and this is a serious question) do you know the largest that can be put on a tundra?

Ryan
  • modvptnlmodvptnl Member Posts: 1,352
    a Tundra owner who thinks dual rear wheels increases towing capacity? Who thinks that MOST F150's are made in Mexico? Who thinks the Allison trans. is made in Germany? You really think dangling Chad/Robbie can figure out his own fuel economy?? Doubtful!! LMAO.....
    anyone that buys a pickup that comes with a slider. i much prefer the ford or chevy since you can option out the way you want. of course if you buy a fullsize truck, you don't need the slider like the tundra has, just to carry over length material. LOL
    Red (just another unfortunate Chev owner) is posting about how huge his truck is again! Could he be just a little insecure? Why is he posting to a Tundra topic? Is his truck so WEAK?

Red: "Mah truck is biggern' yourn' " LOL.
    does the name "RED" promote this redneck way that you think of me? kinda judge a book by it's cover eh? yeah that's it, took one look at the tundra and said to yourself "now there's a truck".
    problem is, you never opened it till ya got home, and found out all ya got was a tin can with a sliding window. also realized that ya got a DOHC engine that needs to spin to make some decent power that also sucks fuel like it's going outa style. BTW, how high can stack books in the bed before they fly over the side?
  • snerty21snerty21 Member Posts: 1
    I've got a 2001 Tundra SR5, 2 ad, with only 3000 miles and I only get 13.4 mpg in the city. And I am not a hard driver at all.

I'm hoping it's just because it is still in the break in period.
  • 427435427435 Member Posts: 86
    Thanks for the feedback on mileage.

This also would be a lot better board without all the name calling. I own a Chevy and several Ford products and I'm secure enough in the choices I made when I bought them (and in myself) that I don't feel the need to take pot-shots at others for their choices in vehicles.
    you will get used to it. Look at it this way its cheap entertainment
  • weasleweasle Member Posts: 24
    Toyota Tundra SR5 2wd V8
    high: 22.13 mpg rural roads and interstate
    low: 14.78 mpg towing cargo trailer
    lifetime avg: 19.42 mpg

I regularly get 20 mpg back and forth to work on the interstate and have never dropped below 19 mpg even when spending half of the week in town.
  • tkenny53tkenny53 Member Posts: 41
    Which is better for non towing use, is there a major difference? I'd be using it for just home depot crap and luggage on trips. I have a 3.0 v6 in my toy small '90 p/u and its fine.
  • oldharryoldharry Member Posts: 413
    The six is your only choice with the tundra. If you drive normally, the six should use less fuel.
    With gas prices up, however, there may be some incentives on V-8's.

Harry
    It seems that the first Chev poster to this topic was an insecure Chev owner that said that the Tundra was "weak" and could not tow 5000 lb. Never mind the fact that he was a Chev owner and thus never has owned a Tundra or connected a load to one. I posted sources - Trailerlife, Automobile, and Truckworld magazines which said that the Tundra tows 6500 lb very capably.

I am sorry if the Chev pack took offense by these facts. Man - you guys get your feelings hurt so easily when some facts are posted.

Good luck on this one now!
  • obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    And so it gets Toyota's only V8...the 4.7. Isn't that funny. Toyota has 5 different SUV's and yet makes only two configs for trucks and with one V8. Sounds like they are spreading themselves a little too thin.
  • quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    >BS - Check out Chev's website, they correctly state that the Tundra has over 3" more ground clearance.<

I'm having difficulty verifying this. Would you mind posting the link, where Chevy states Tundra has over 3" more ground clearance? If you are successful, I bet I know where you I can find a Tundra differential that's 6" smaller than the GM, which by the way bright guy, ain't a Dana.

Good luck on this one now!
    Maybe it's on the Isuzu site... Ahhhhhhh, yea, that's it.... I'm not gonna go look, but your quite welcome for the tip....
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    This topic is Toyota Tundra...

It's not about why anyone posts in any particular topic, or commenting on fellow users.

Please try to avoid falling into that trap.

Thank you for your cooperation and participation!

PF Flyer

Host

Pickups & News & Views Message Boards

• 19491949 Member Posts: 59
    Why do you guys keep arguing with the anti-Tundra posters? Chevy/GMC lovers...please go read the long-term review on GMC Sierra SLT here at Edmunds,then go to Silverado/GMC Problems and discuss there. After you see all of the problems Edmunds staff encountered with the SLT, you'll have plenty to talk about. Meanwhile, Tundra owners should continue talking about Tundra strenghs and weaknesses in this thread. Here, Chevy/GMC lovers, I'll even point way:

http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/longterm/articles/44039/page023.html or go to Long Term Reviews on Home Page and find GMC Sierra SLT on the list. Have fun GM fans..there are plenty of problems to discuss.
    Dont get this wrong but many of those complaints about the 99 gmc were personal. Oh its to big blah blah blah. Many of those people shouldnt have even drove it (case in point the person who tore off the mirror by hitting another vehicle which was parked)

Also it took them like 6 months to get a rattle fixed in their steering wheel they complained complained and complained about it. Duh we all know it was the steering shaft. It took me 45 min to get mine fixed (well about a wk after it started to make noise).

I read every article and yes it did have problems but its funny how one person loved the truck then the next month they hated it. Think they were use to driving a car?

Oh well also it held up pretty good in the wreck it was in. The other car was destroyed.

Ryan
    The Chev pack is back. This topic will turn into a pinklemonado chatroom soon. Oh well!

Could pink be just a little bit insecure? Why would he want to post to a Tundra group? Why is he so obsessed by the size of his truck? Is he trying to compensate? Just a little insecure about his purchase?
    I would suggest that if any reasonable person read the long-term report that Edmund's made, they would avoid a GM truck at all costs! The truck literally fell apart! It is a nice try for you to sugar coat it, but the fact remains that they bought the best pickup Hyundai could make.

I would suggest to ANYONE buying a GM pickup to read the article first. I would also suggest that they read the Car and Driver long term test. The truck they got stuck with fell apart!

Just read Obyone's posts. He is trying to set a record for the most days in the shop for a new Silverado. The last I checked - it was 90 days!

Who won the J.D. Power 2000 award for best initial quality in a full size pickup - the Tundra - in its first year!

Who won the J.D. Power 2001 award for best initial quality in a full size pickup - the Tundra.

Isn't Chevy rated 26th in initial quality by J.D. Power? Down there with the Hyundais?

Isn't the 2000 Silverado rated "much worse than average reliability" by Consumer reports?

Isn't the '99 Silverado rated a "used vehicle to avoid" by Consumer Reports already?

Isn't GM putting $6500 discounts trying to sell these lemons?
  • 19491949 Member Posts: 59
    Bamatundra......Locally (San Antonio), all GM dealers are marking down Silverados (I don't know about GMC) $6500, which is one heckuva discount. I went to a mega-Chevy dealer and gotta admit, fell in love with a beautiful fully loaded Pewter SLT. I ran into another "looker" who commented..."Guess GM needs to put OnStar as standard equipment on the SLT, so you can call for help when it breaks down. At least you'll be able to think about the $6500 you "saved"." I went back to the Toyota/Ford dealership to again check out the Tundra Limited and F150 SuperCrew Lariat. Hmmmmm, although the $6500 is tempting, I'd rather have peace of mind and pay a little more for the Tundra or SCrew.
    15K miles with 0 breakdowns and its not falling apart.

How come edmunds didnt do a tundra long term test drive?

Any reasons?

Ryan
    You were just asking Meeker what his choice was two posts ago, now you are saying he chose a Lemonado! For Meeker's sake I hope you are just lying as usual!

Meeker(the original poster) didn't post his decision to this topic. If he chose a Lemonado - is he just hiding his head in shame? Does he need Pink Lemonado to speak for him?
    Automobile magazine did a long term test. As expected - NO repairs during the 30K miles they had the truck. They also used the truck to tow a 6500 lb trailer and said that it did just fine.
This discussion has been closed.