Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Audi A4 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nkbuynkbuy Member Posts: 25
    Can you please tell me the dealer where you got this from and who you dealt with?

thx
  • yyykenyyyken Member Posts: 14
    Running the numbers it looks like I was only getting 1k better then the advertized A6 deal (2,500 down 489 mth 10k yr 36 month) Still a very good deal, but far from the full 2.k5 . . . .I just put down a deposit on a Certified 2007 A4 3.2. Loaded w/ convience & navigation, 6 disc changer, orig sticker was about ~42k, asking 29.9k with 24k miles on it & new tires. Take off 2,500 for the lease pull forward deal & then $500 in an owner loyality bonus & we're talking 27k for a car that stickered for 6k more than the 2.0T I have now (27k is the buyout on my 2.0T). . . . They also have 1.9% financing on 2006 certified pre-owned . . . How can you beat that? . .I looked at a new 2008 3.2 & the lease was ~$750 a month including the 2,500 (all upfront fees and 6% sales tax rolled in for zero drive off, 36 month, 12k yr)
  • a4audivaa4audiva Member Posts: 3
    Ordered my 2009 A4 2.0T late last week. My first Audi and I can't wait for it to arrive from Germany.

Premium Plus with the wood trim. Paid $37,400 (including destination, but not taxes, title.) This also included $500 off from Audi for attending the Audi A4 Driving Experience at Summit Point ( Very fun and free event that ended up saving me $500)

I live in a one dealer area in Virginia and I didn't feel that there was much negotiating yet. They seem to be selling these A4's before they even arrive in the US.

Tested the 3.2 at Summit Point and a 2.0 demo at the dealer. The 2.0 feels just as quick with all of the low end torque. Just my two cents. Instead of paying for the bigger engine ... spend that money on adding options.
  • djrampage7djrampage7 Member Posts: 13
    Just curious.. did the dealership tell you when you will be able to take delivery on your car?
  • a4audivaa4audiva Member Posts: 3
    I was told 70-90 days .... but dealer also said that once a car is marked at the factory as "sold", the wait time can be less. Not sure how that works (I've never ordered a car directly from the factory).

Basically, the dealer looked at their alottment and found the color and package I was looking for. They found one that had the chrome accents and were able to change the car to wood trim on the factory computer. They get weekly updates on the progress of the car.
  • rjorge3rjorge3 Member Posts: 144
    Hi there, I am looking to see what others have paid (or ordered) for a 09 (B8) A4 2.0 for a 36months lease, 10k per year. Please include if you put any money down towards the cap cost. and also what was the cap cost and all the other fees (DMV+bank etc).

I have not been to the dealer yet, but according to my calculations this is what I get:

MSRP 38,150 (Premium Plus ibis white + sport package)
    Residual 58%
    Money factor 0.00171 (4.1%)
    Estimated Cap cost $34,907 (I've saw someone in the forums that paid 8.5% off MSRP) or you guyst think that that price is unrealistic

I come up with monthly pmts of $484.21 (including the NJ tax of 7%).

I am curious to know how much are you paying for similar leasees.

Thanks in advance for your replies
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Just curious... Have you seen the actual 2009 model lease numbers?

Just off the top of my head... Anything more than $2000 off MSRP would amaze me... considering this all-new model just came out... I have no actual info, but I'll guess that the lease quotes willl end up being at least $150/mo. higher than your estimation...

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• luvlee824luvlee824 Member Posts: 4
    I just leased the 2009 A4 2.0 premium plus with navigation on Saturday. I leased for 15,000 miles a year 36mths however. I put down 2500, which included NY state taxes (8.375%), 1st payment and any other fees.

My payment per month is $583.00, they discounted 2100 off the MSRP price 40500 - 2200, came out to around $38,300.
    Thanks guys for the prompt reply. That is what I thought, you got the car for 5.43% off MSRP, which makes more sense than the 8.5% discount that I've saw (it is a new car, thus that number seemed too aggresive).

The monthly pmts that I calculated now is $521.33 which is not too bad. I was comtemplating the Acura TL Type S, (08), but the lease comes out to $500+ and although it has all the toys, I miss the way my 05 handled. Is there any loyalty discounted for having owned a audi before? I just returned mine last month.

Last, did they have the car in stock or did you order it? if you ordered, how long did you have to wait?

Thanks again,
    They have it coming in, I will be getting it first week of October, they said if ordering it will take 2.5-3 months. They did have a lot of new 09s in the lot however but my color and options were not there. I am not sure if Audi has a loyalty program this is my first audi, i know BMW does so I would definitely ask them. Stick with the Audi, Acura is nice too but the 09 is impressive.

Another dealer quoted me 650, wouldnt even budge off the price since it is so new, if your in jersey, that is where I purchased, Bell Audi in Edison.
    Thanks again, I just came back from Quality Audi (Brooklyn) and test drove the 2.0...what a sweet engine that is!! pretty torquie. The quote that I got was basically at MSRP and a crazy money factor, almost equivalent to 6.4% needless to say that I walked away. I've never paid MSRP for any of my cars and I think that the dealer was padding the money factor to make additional money on the deal. I will not go back there even if they call me again. The money factor has been published already and is not way near of what they've quoted me. \

Oh well, I guess I will have to keep driving my old 94 Celica until the prices come down to reality.
    Yeah I didnt bother going to Quality in Brooklyn, I figured they would try and rip me off... The rates though now (money factor ) are between 6 and 7 so that doesnt shock me. Maybe there will be a program in October... who knows.
  • tmchan00tmchan00 Member Posts: 10
    Does anybody know how much dealer cash are offered on 2008 A4 now? Until when? Many thanks.
  • chugschugs Member Posts: 3
    I bought the car a 4 weeks back it was 2k.
  • 09tlawd09tlawd Member Posts: 4
    With invoice on the 2009 A4 so close to MSRP, I looked around edmunds.com to see what % of profit there is on the A4 vs. some other cars. Turns out (including holdback) that a Honda Civic is 10%, Acura TL 11%, Porsche Cayman 13%, BMW 335 8%, and Audi only 7%. The Porsche makes sense as a lower volume premium vehicle. The Audi/BMW vs. Honda/Acura comparison clearly indicates that the A4 & 335 have profit hidden somewhere that consumers can't access. Premium brands would clearly have higher profit per vehicle compared to very high volume brands (Honda/Toyota) with less expenive product.

Could this be why for a new, significantly improved A4, people are already reporting being able to purchase at invoice?? An A4 ~$1600 below edmunds.com invoice would make the (consumer accessible) profit % in line with the Acura TL.

If anyone has data on where the rest of the A4 profit is hidden it would be greatly appreciated!! :confuse:
  • waygrabowwaygrabow Member Posts: 214
    An Audi rep told us that the profit margin on their vehicles varies depending on the Euro-dollar exchange rate. They can't drastically raise the prices when the dollar drops so instead they accept a lower profit marign. This is the current situation.
  • 09tlawd09tlawd Member Posts: 4
    That would be a reasonable explanation waygrabow, but that would also apply to other vehicles manufactured outside of the US (or even some Japanese cars 'made in the USA', but with parts sourced mainly from Japan). Certainly the Japanese Yen to US Dollar exchange rate fluctuates and if the dollar drops relative to the Euro then it drops relative to Yen as well.

I think the answer is more simple - a few manufacturers have realized that most educated consumers compare their final deal on a new vehicle to either 1) savings off of MSRP or 2) amount paid compared to "invoice". You can see comments on most of the Prices Paid & Buying Experience threads on most vehicles where people compare their deals to MSRP and/or Invoice.

By raising the invoice amount to a falsely inflated number, Audi, BMW, and probably others are able to make consumers feel like they have gotten a bargain and the car manufacturers still make the same profits they always have.

Good marketing, but bad for buyers' wallets.
  • rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    Hi

One of the cars I am looking at is the 2009 A4 among others. What dealer did you go to in NY? I live in Westchester county.

thanks
  • djdjdjdj Member Posts: 111
    The dealer where I get my 2003 A4 1.8 FrontTrak serviced was having an introductory show today for the new A4. Nothing but A4's in the showroom and three out front for test drives.

I test drove the 2.0 sedan. I loved the way it drove, rode and handled. But in showroom, they had the Avant. Even better in person than the photos. I don't need a wagon but I think it looks great.

I didn't price shop because I'm not buying until January when my daughter gets her license and I'll let her drive the 2003.

We have 4 Audi dealers around Cleveland. Should be interesting to see if any are doing deals once the novelty has worn off. Also, I want to drive the new TL before I decide.

Has anyone else checked out the Avant?
  • carsonotkcarsonotk Member Posts: 12
    This is an interesting question, ie. is the published invoice price real? Just bought a 2009 A4 sedan at about 5% over invoice, or $1000 less than sticker. The dealer told me that my invoice data was too low by $700 and confirmed this with the invoice for an identical car he had just sold (and which I had seen on the lot a few days before). So if the true figure is the edmunds.com invoice, I paid 5% over, and if it was the dealer's figure, I paid 3% over.

I have an unconfirmed suspicion that dealer invoice is inflated somehow. But one would think that Audi would risk a class action lawsuit and a reputation risk if they did that. Maybe they get by with publishing "estimated" invoice figures, that edmunds.com then publishes as actual invoice. The invoice does seem a little too close to MSRP for a premium vehicle like this.

Anyway, I hope the suspicions are unfounded, as I would like to believe this was a decent deal! Car arrives in mid-October from Germany. I probably won't care about a thousand or two once I get behind the wheel!
    1) Audi doesn't "publish" the invoice price... It's a confidential document, meant only for their dealers.. So, I don't think there is any risk on their part, no matter what the numbers are.

2) Actual dealer invoices usually have some sort of regional advertising charge. That usually accounts for any discrepancy between what Edmunds states as the invoice, and what the dealer says..

There isn't a lot of room between MSRP and invoice on an Audi. Personally, I think that is just a way to keep the MSRP lower than the competition..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• carsonotkcarsonotk Member Posts: 12
    Good information to have kyfdx. But how does Edmunds calculate an invoice price if it is confidential?
    Well... I'd guess there is someone that breaks that confidence.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• caoyijiancaoyijian Member Posts: 16
    The largest dealership in the area is New Country Audi in Greenwich, CT. The selections are good, rather easy to deal for cars in the lots.
    Good luck.
  • krisnodoubtkrisnodoubt Member Posts: 5
    I am really interested in buying this certified 2006 Audi A4 that I saw last weekend at a dealer's lot. I test drove it and the final offer from dealer is 23,900 + TTL

Specs: 2006 Audi A4 (registered Sept 2006)
    2.0T Automatic Quattro
    It is certified upto 6yrs/100,000 miles.

Is this a good deal and how is the reliability of this car? Can I trust the Audi certified warranty?
  • kipakipa Member Posts: 6
    Anyone know what the current (October) dealer cash is on the remaining 2008's?

Kipa
  • dilberticdilbertic Member Posts: 63
    My local dealer is trying to work out a deal on a 2009 A4 2.0 Dark Grey with nav 12k miles a year 36 month lease with 2k cash out the door. I will be trading in my 2007 I got on the 2 year lease.

Still wondering form all your posts is this is a good or great deal!! I like the 2 year lease better, but I think those days are gone for awhile, but then again Nov the new rates will be out..

Dil
  • soapdish616soapdish616 Member Posts: 31
    Can someone give more details on the 2009 A4 CVT non-quattro car? I can't find it on Audi USA's configuration... any dealers out there who have such a car? Or when it's coming?

What's the difference in MPG, with the CVT?
  • drjoeddrjoed Member Posts: 26
    Maybe I am missing something here but what exactly is the deal? There is really no "trade in" that I am aware of with a lease car. The car belongs to Audi and you are simply "turning it in". I also have a 2007 A4 Quattro that I leased in Nov. of '06 and my lease is up next month. I have 19K miles and the car is in perfect condition. I will need to decide if I am going to turn it in or buy it and keep it for a few more years. I will have 2 years on the factory warranty and I could pick up the "certified" extended warranty to get 2 more years if I want. Does anyone have any opinions re: holding on to my A4 and also about the cost/value of the extended warranty?? My original salesman called me recently re: lease end options and mentioned that the dealer would "take back"my car and sell it to me with the certified warranty. He made it sound like this was a deal they were offering me but I also got a letter from Audi telling me that if I want to buy my car I can talk to them about financing and also they will finace in the extended warranty if I want.
  • byronwalterbyronwalter Member Posts: 220
    "...Has anyone else checked out the Avant?"

I did... a couple of weeks ago. And I'd agree that the Avant actually looks better in person than it does in the pics. I'd jump on one except for the lack of a manual transmission. I just have little interest in paying more for something that puts a slight dent in performance and gas mileage. But the new auto seems improved over the previous one. Interestingly the gov gas mileage site lists the A4 with either the auto or manual (highway 27 vs 30 mpg). This suggests that the sedan should be available for ordering in the near future. Now if there was a TDI option :D

And this engine isn't overwhelmed by the energy sucking AT. I really hated the earlier two liter / auto combination.

Also for me the default suspension is too soft. I'd go sports fer' sure.
  • drjoeddrjoed Member Posts: 26
    Just an FYI about the mileage. I have the 2007 A4 2.0T with automatic and get consistently 30 to 31 MPG with straight highway driving. Have never really looked at city driving at all. I realize the 2009 is a different animal and is not going to do quite as well. This is the first car I have owned that has done "as well as advertised" in the gas mileage area. I think we all know that the EPA procedures for measuring gas mileage do not translate to real life. They are meant as a mechanism to compare cars only. I did read last year that the EPA had changed-or was going to change-the mileage testing to try and come closer to real life but I have no idea if or when this will happen.
  • asdf5607asdf5607 Member Posts: 3
    luvlee824 -- you lease for $583/month...does that include state tax?
  • wly1wly1 Member Posts: 4
    The 2009 2.0 AWD with AT actually has a bit better gas mileage rating than either the 07 or 08--27/21 vs. 27/19. My wife's 08 averages about 31 mpg highway at around 65-70 mph.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi tmchan00. The 2008 A4's dealer cash varies by trim level. It is $2,500 on the '08 A4 2.0L and $3,000 on the '08 A4 3.2L.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi kipa. The 2008 A4's dealer cash varies by trim level. The last time that I saw it, it was $2,500 on the '08 A4 2.0L and $3,000 on the '08 A4 3.2L.

Car_man
    Host
  • mukvijmukvij Member Posts: 15
    On 2009 A4s, I am getting 200$ above invoice without much negotiation. Is it a good price? Are there any dealer cashbacks on these cars?

I don't suppose anyone would know if Nov. MF could be better/worse than Oct.?
    Hi mukvij. I don't believe that Audi is currently providing any cash incentives on the 2009 A4 Sedan. $200 over invoice is a very good deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • rxkerxke Member Posts: 168
    Hi

What state/city are you getting $200 over invoice on a new 2009 A4? I am looking at a 3.2 with the premium plus package in NY.

Thanks
    I am in Seattle
  • kduda1kduda1 Member Posts: 15
    Pardon my ignorance as I'm new here, but when you say $200 over invoice, is that for purchasing an '09 A4 3.2 or leasing one? Also, is this a car they had on the lot or one that you ordered? Lastly, what package was that?

I'm in Louisiana and may be getting ready to purchase one myself.

Thank you.
  • rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    If you're in a really crowded market with 5 Audi dealers on top of each other, you might get a deal like that. But I doubt a lot of dealers are going to be that desperate @ 200 over invoice. Edmunds average prices are less than $1000 off MSRP as a TMV.

Audi is one of the few makers that has NO dealer holdback. So getting 200 over invoice will definately not be the norm around the country,
    Cool..BTW, Costco auto purchase price for this is invoice + 500 so this is not too much better than that.
    It is 09 2.0 T. purchase. Car on the lot. They offered premium or premium plus for this deal.
  • vkjvkj Member Posts: 67
    i am working on a similar deal for a premium avant. wondering if they are just trying to move inventory or whether audi is helping them in some way. my guess is that thier inventory levels are swelling. take a look at dealer' web site or cars.com for the number of a4's they have in stock. I am in NYC and am working with jack daniels in norther new jersey. they look like they have a huge a4 inventory right now, although not a lot of avants, per se.
    I put a deposit down on an '09 A4 3.2 April '08. Long story short, the car didn't get ordered until late July '08. Longer story short, car should be at dealer Nov. 17, '08.

I'm wondering if anyone has received or has knowledge of receipt of a 3.2 which was ordered who would be willing to share some info w/ me. I'm looking for dates and prices in hopes of getting a good price after all the wait and mis-information and/or screw-ups. Late July, after car was supposedly ordered, I was told car would be here in 75 - 80 days. Late August I was informed it would be late Nov. before I got the car.

Any info or insight would be greatly appreciated. I'm located in Louisiana.
  • corystorycorystory Member Posts: 15
    I ordered A4 premium plus package with a few more options but it is 2.0T on mid september. Got an email from my dealer saying the car was already on a ship and it would arrive to a US port on 11/11 so i should get it around 11/17. Try to negotiate at invoice price or lower because you can.
    kduda, how much did you end up paying for the 2.0 premium plus and what options did you choose? I am in the market for the same thing, with only the sport package but the dealer only wants a couple of hundreds off MSRP, I think they are crazy. Please share the details of your deal.

Thanks
    What I've ordered is a 3.2, and I'm not finding any info about the 3.2. Best I can tell, the ones being sold thus far are the demos and/or the cars Audi supplied to the dealers, not the ones that were ordered, but that's also why I'm posting, looking for info from others who have received 3.2s.

When I put down my deposit (April), I was told that I would have to pay MSRP, but that's also when I was supposed to have the first '09 A4 3.2 in Louisiana. Because the car wasn't ordered when it was supposed to have been plus the fact that the car is now not coming in until approx 50 days later than I was originally told (for reasons unknown to me), which was 75 - 80 days from the order date late July, I'm no longer willing to pay MSRP.

I hope that makes some sense even though I can't help you out on the 2.0T. The last I was told was my car should be here and ready for me Nov 17th, but that's been a couple of weeks ago. I'll be sure and post the price when/if that day comes. I'll be watching your post, though, and so please let us know what happens.

Good luck!!
  • corystorycorystory Member Posts: 15
    2.0T quatro premium plus + rear airbags + wood trims and the price i got was $500 under invoice. I got the deal after a few email back and forth with a local audi dealer.
    I do think buyers can negotiate for a better price in this economic environment.
    Good luck!
  • newgsnewgs Member Posts: 29
    corystory,

Great deal you've got. Can you breakdown your price..Inv, dest, options, etc to arrive at your price? What is your location and did you have a trade-in? Thanks.

BQ