Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    chuck1919chuck1919 Member Posts: 176
    When you buy it for that let us know. My money is on some sort of "bait and switch" situation!
  • Options
    jnc28jnc28 Member Posts: 14
    good luck w/ that walt. you should make sure that it includes destination and doc fee. destination is $710 and doc fee can be ~$55-$200. Also make sure that it is for a automatic and not manual. It definitely seems TOO good to be true. $18700 seems like a good price for that car.

Let me know how it works as I am also in line for a car this weekend. I'll stop by there if they are true to you.
  • Options
    waltchanwaltchan Member Posts: 124
    It's automatic and 4-cylinder, and that's before destination and doc. fee. It's $18,595 before tax and license at the end.
  • Options
    civic4civic4 Member Posts: 33
    edited February 2010
    We have been shopping for the new Accord, but realized Honda and other car makers pre-owned vehicles are sometimes an even better option for getting what you want at a much lesser price so, although we love the new style Accord; after having seen an "Internet Special' at a local dealership, and having been doing some pre owned car shopping, we drove a 2007 Accord EX-L, Black Night Hawk Pearl with Black leather, automatic,We decided the car was a beauty and to ice the cake, the "all inclusive" OTD price of $16,200 was reasonable. AND that even included security window etching, Most Certified 06/07's EXL's we were seeing started between $16,900 and $18,500 BEFORE tax and conveyence fee and some were not even Certified pre-owned. We hope to do the same with a lease return on the new style when they become available in 2011/2012. Until then, we have the comfort and peace of mind of a well cared for vehicle with a real warranty, very attractive in and out, with leather, 53,000 on the odo, which I just about break-in for the 4 cyl considering how far these engines go when maintained well, (we will be switching to full synthetic for the next oil change, We allready own a 2004 Civic, and began using full synthetic around 50,000 Mi, and have 100,200 Mi on the ODO, with no engine issues). Love the "New" car, probably will drive the Civic more often, and keep the miles average for the Accord for when time to sell, but my wife has a great, safe car (8 airbags), to use for work and the gym during the week.
  • Options
    that seems very reasonable walt. now just make sure their doc fee isn't outrageous or anything. seems like a great price. i say go for it. you can mention you got a friend getting a LX-P MSRP 23,565 and if you don't mind let me know what they can offer.

BUT....try hardin honda w/ that same price. the sales tax in LA county is 9.75 vs. OC county is 8.75.

good luck and i'm sure you'll love the car!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    scrap the whole sales tax thing....i depends on which county you live/register car. my fault.
  • Options
    png55png55 Member Posts: 2
    I got a quote of $23,096 excluding TTL from Milpitas, about $2,000 below invoice. I think it's a pretty good price.
  • Options
    kp17kp17 Member Posts: 5
    $22,790 is car + destination. We were able to get a little better than this after talking to a couple dealers. Overall had 3 dealers in that range---Flow in Winston-Salem, Vann York in High Point and Priority in Huntersville (all in NC).
  • Options
    zatireszatires Member Posts: 39
    edited February 2010
    Just bought it today. Not much of a haggling. I did not have full intention to buy it but deal was pretty good so I took it.

2010 Accord EX-L (with so called $1600 worth of addons, tint, splash guards, cargo mat, stripes, wheel locks, door guards, and something else).

23,150 including destination
    Processing fee 180
    And tag tax title extra.

David McDavid Honda in North Dallas area in Frisco.
    I think could have been lower by 200-250 dollars but did not want to go back and forth more.

I think it is a good deal, the MSRP was 27540 including destination, and with the $200 worth of addons it was 29236 (they charge way too much for the addons $1690, and all of the Accords in the lot, not matter what package had the exact same addons).

It was overall a good experience, there are like 10 or more Honda dealers in DFW area, so I think the deal might have been better if I checked out other dealers.
  • Options
    gsboxergsboxer Member Posts: 4
    I bought my 2010 LX with auto trans for 18448 including the 710 destination charge. I had two other dealers within 250 of this price and they let me walk out of their dealerships so I am fairly confident I got a good price.
  • Options
    szim1szim1 Member Posts: 1
    Summary: we agreed on a price for a Honda Accord and I paid a deposit. When I was supposed to pick up the car, they told me I had to pay an extra $750. They don't dispute that we had an agreement for the lower price. The details are below.

I contacted the Shockley Honda internet department to purchase a 2010 Accord EX-V6. I was quoted a price for the car and called to confirm the price, financing terms, color, and delivery date. The sales person confirmed the price ($22275+ TTL+freight for a total of 23,796 out the door) and financing terms (1.9% for 60 months). When we spoke, the sales person told me that she accidentally quoted me the 2009 price, but that she would honor the deal if I made the purchase. I paid a $500 deposit via credit card and she agreed to have the vehicle ready two days later. The next day, I received an email stating they were having trouble finding the color I wanted and I responded with an alternate color choice.

The day that I was supposed to pick up the car, I got a call from another sales person who said he would work on finding the alternate color. Later during the day I was supposed to pick up the car, a sales manager called and told me that the price was going to increase by $750. I later spoke to the general manager. The GM said he was sorry that they had agreed to the lower price, but he was no longer able to honor that agreement. He said the salesman should not have offered me the financing rate and the price that she did. He told me that I could either pay more or not get the car. The GM stated that Shockley Honda has the right to change any agreement until you drive the vehicle off the lot. You should be afraid to deal with this dealership that refuses to honor its agreements.
  • Options
    eagleredeaglered Member Posts: 1
    I have a Out the Door quote for a 2010 Accord EX-L 4cyl without navi (some addons incl.) in Polished metallic for $25945. TTL in my state is pretty hefty (around $2300). Is this a good price ?
  • Options
    i don't think they were being "shady" persay, but they must have realized later that they couldn't give you BOTH the $900 dealer incentive and the 1.9% financing. from all the dealerships i talked with, it was one or the other. seems right to me as 1.9% financing doesn't hurt them, it helps w/ their business.

sorry to hear, that would have been a good price.

bought my honda accord LX-P for $19550 before tax and license in CA.

thanks y'all. now it's time to buy a volkswagon jetta.......
  • Options
    sunnyday1sunnyday1 Member Posts: 2
    I am curious: is $17,885 include Destination Fee?
  • Options
    impossible. doesn't include dest. fee.
  • Options
    chuck1919chuck1919 Member Posts: 176
    Doesn't matter. These dealerships are in the business of selling cars and should know what they can/cannot do. This is either shear incompetence or "bait and switch".
  • Options
    temj12temj12 Member Posts: 450
    I just looked at the same car in the Nashville area and the msrp was 27,540. Is the price you paid the negotiated price?
  • Options
    kdwalkerkdwalker Member Posts: 1
    Hello...I have been reading these posts for a few weeks now. I almost bought my 2010 Honda Accord EXL 4 cylinder - (no navigation) tonight. I had to work hard - but the sticker price was 27,540 + the cargo mat pin strip package = $28,100. The accepted my offer of $24400. However - they would not give me the special financing (1.9% for 60 months; or 0.9% for 36 months). I didn't let them run my credit - which is excellent. What do you think? Other posts lead me to think I could get around this price + the financing. What should I do....? Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    hey kdwalker,

just give them a call. let them know that you are happy with the price and you will buy if you get the 1.9% financing. if the person you speak to declines, just thank them and tell them that you will not be purchasing from them. let the ball be in their court. i promise they will call you back and try to work it out one way or another. it always does :)

good luck!
  • Options
    jsmith22jsmith22 Member Posts: 23
    there is now a new incentive on all accords of $1200 for both 4 cylinder as well as 6 cylinder trims.
    has anyone heard of any loyalty incentive on top of this going on?
  • Options
    applepie1applepie1 Member Posts: 9
    I just bought a new EX-L 4 cylinders sedan w/o navigation for $23,100 plus TTL. Out the door price was $24900. I think it was a reasonable deal.
  • Options
    jason50jason50 Member Posts: 55
    for $20,100 OTD during last summer in Houston. Has anyone gotten a better deal in Houston?
  • Options
    stratskstratsk Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2010
    Would you mind posting where you got this deal? And was this with the 1.9% financing?
  • Options
    nicumnicum Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2010
    Is that possible to get a 2010 accord Lx-s coupe automatic at $21000 OTD? Or at a lower price. Thanks.

There are just too little price information in this forum about coupe.
  • Options
    OTD price without specifying the state or tax rate is kind of difficult to tell if it is a good deal. to find if the price is right, best way is to specify the price without tax and tag fees. that way you can compare apples to apples.

anyone - please post a price for LXP or EX 4 cylinder accord if anyone has recently bought it. also about the current promotion dealers are giving.
    march is a first quarter end month and dealers are more aggressive to get their numbers up which means better deal.
  • Options
    swamybswamyb Member Posts: 38
    I bought EX for 21500 including dest, but before ttl + doc. OTD including upgraded security is 24500 in Alameda County, CA.
  • Options
    applepie1applepie1 Member Posts: 9
    I got this deal in Rochester area, NY. I did not get the 1.9% financing. I was told by different dealers that at this price it was impossible for me to get the 1.9% 60 mo or 0.9% 36 mo. Honda Finance denied my application for whatever reason. Then the dealer got me a loan from a bank with 5.9% APR which was too high to me so I paid the most with cash.
  • Options
    kmk6933kmk6933 Member Posts: 7
    did you get the coupe or the sedan for this price?
  • Options
    weewillieweewillie Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone please guide me on best price i can expect w/o tax/title.
  • Options
    tommister2tommister2 Member Posts: 393
    Does anyone know Honda's current rates for the Leadership Purchase Plan? I'm sure it varies by your credit score, I'm just wondering if they have any rate specials. Thanks.
    2011 Toyota Camry, 2014 Jeep Wrangler, 2017 Honda Civic Coupe, 2019 Toyota Rav4 Hybrid XSE, 2021 Toyota Tundra, 2022 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Tesla Model 3
  • Options
    nicumnicum Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your reply, I am at IN with 7% tax, so for the sale price without tax should be $19650. Anyone recently purchased this car?
  • Options
    swamybswamyb Member Posts: 38
    >did you get the coupe or the sedan for this price?

Its sedan. Good thing about EX is 6 cd changer, moon roof, wood panel and other goodies which u dont find in LX. or LX-p
  • Options
    19650 before tax is a good price for LX-S coupe. I assume it is auto and this price do include destination price of $710. if yes then it is a good price.

the msrp for LX-S auto is 24,065(including destination charges) which means you are getting 4415 off msrp.
    LX-S is also a good choice as it has got almost all the features of EX SEDAN minus the moonroof and power driver seat.
    you still have a little wiggle room and can ask the dealer to thrown in accessories like splash gaurd and wheel locks. good luck!!
  • Options
    hawk28hawk28 Member Posts: 3
    Has anyone recently bought a 2010 Accord EX Auto. Trying to figure a great price
    Thanks
    Hawk
  • Options
    cdoucet30cdoucet30 Member Posts: 12
    Yesterday I bought an EX-L for $21,900 at Boch in Norwood. Lots of negotiations around the state to get that low.
  • Options
    And that was including the $710 delivery.
  • Options
    zatireszatires Member Posts: 39
    Wow that is a great price if it includes shipping.

MSRP is 27540 and 21900 means a discount of 5640 dollars, over 20% off MSRP.
  • Options
    Im sorry, I meant $22,900... Still a very good price
  • Options
    woofubawoofuba Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

May I quote your price ($22,900 for an EX-L including destination charge) when I contact them? That price must include the $1,200 cash-to-dealer incentive passed on to you, don't you think?

Thanks.
  • Options
    vivianne101vivianne101 Member Posts: 7
    I am looking to purchase this weekend and wanted to see if anyone has purchased recently. I got a quote for the 2010 LX 4Cyl Sedan for 18800. This is in Northern California. Does anyone have better numbers or do you think I can get a better deal?
  • Options
    yungmdyungmd Member Posts: 4
    hi. thanks for all your advice. ive been negotiating with dealers in mississippi. best offer i have received is 25,600 + 5%T + TL.
    msrp 30,015, invoice according to edmunds is 26,550. does anyone have any thoughts about how much i should be expecting to pay? i wont be financing.
    and one more question.
    with an invoice of 26,550 - 4% holdback ~1000 - dealer cash 1200= ~24,300 +TTL: is this possible?
    my dealers are coming down about $85-100 every time i talk to them. one told me today an offer of 25,900 and said he was making $240 on the car. ridiculous, ive only been at this about 2 weeks and i feel exhausted already. im trying my best not to cave in, but my last vehicle has a blown engine and i really need a ride soon. thanks for your help!
  • Options
    i was quoted 25,600 plus TTL today in jadkson, ms. and im pretty sure they can get lower. 1200 dealer cash incentive right now. did you have any luck at buying the car.
  • Options
    that seems like a good price. did you buy the car and if so, would you please post the price before TTL?
    lowest ive gotten the dealers is 25,600 plus TTL. i still think they can get lower.
    havent played real hardball with them yet.
    thanks
  • Options
    cvucscvucs Member Posts: 1
    I'm in Orange County, CA... Does anybody know what would be the best price and where I could buy a 2010 Accord EX-L 4Cil. with or without navigation?
    If I could get the navigation for a good price I would like to have it, but if I have to pay $2,000 extra I could live without it.
    Thank you!
  • Options
    zephyreezephyree Member Posts: 13
    From which dealer did you get that quote. Is $18800 for OTD price? I'm also interested in an LX auto and I'm in Northern California too.
  • Options
    I'm from SoCal and almost bit on buying the LX-P auto, but ended up buying a VW jetta. If you wait until the end of the month, you may be lucky enought to get 18,500 for the LX auto before tax, license, doc fee w/o special APR. If you're looking for the LX-P, i got many dealerships willing to sell for 19,600 w/ special APR. So, definitely you can go lower as the LX & LX-P are $1000 difference in MSRP. Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • Options
    vivianne101vivianne101 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the info, hopefully they are willing to deal at the end of the month. I will post more info later. Thanks again!
  • Options
    eblue2eblue2 Member Posts: 8
    I'm also from IN. Did you get this deal? I'm looking to buy as well.
  • Options
    bluegill2008bluegill2008 Member Posts: 2
    got a quote 18886 for 2010 Accord LX (22565 MSRP) + special APR in Center OH area, will wait for lower price
  • Options
    feedeyfeedey Member Posts: 2
    Everyone who has purchased an Accord 4 cylinder sedan in March 2010, please post prices paid for - LX, LX-P, EX or EX-L - automatic\no NAVI.

Please specify your model along with the price paid without tax and tag\title fees so it is easy to compare.