Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Accord Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    weiweiwindweiweiwind Member Posts: 3
    Hi, would you mind to mail me the two dealers' contact info? I'm also interested in buying ex-v6. my mail: weiweiwind@gmail.com

thanks in advance.
  • Options
    I'm in the market to buy a honda accord ex-v6. I saw some price posted price as 26k OTD. It will be greatly appreciated if you could provide me the dealer contact info. I'm in bay area but can drive to soCal.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    do you mean Ex-L V6? What kind of options do you have?
  • Options
    thomasr1950thomasr1950 Member Posts: 76
    Anyone know of a web site i can go to for researching the 2012 Accord Sedan? I'm interested in the changes for this year.
  • Options
    npolitenpolite Member Posts: 33
    In the latest issue of MotorTrend it mentioned that they will add USB to LX and LX-P. That's probably about all you will see until the full model refresh next year.
  • Options
    car_lesseecar_lessee Member Posts: 3
    What is the best price you guys are getting these days for a 2011 Honda Accord EX? I believe its invoice price is $22,500. Am I right?
  • Options
    I don't see anything on Honda Finance about the loyalty cash back. I only see finance & lease offers. Where can i find more about this? I'm looking to trade mt 10 accord coupe in on a11 Sedan EX-L w/navi.
  • Options
    guillguill Member Posts: 94
    Contact the dealership you're purchasing your new Accord from and ask them if they currently are offering the Honda Loyalty cash back. I'm currently looking to buy a new Pilot and all dealerships I spoke with are offering $500 cash back under this program. This is in San Antonio, Texas.
  • Options
    Local dealer has 1 white, 21 blk. 2011 EX-L sedan w/navi, roof visor, mud flaps & trunk tray for $30,360. Good price? What is invoice?
  • Options
    sp2000sp2000 Member Posts: 19
    thats with or without TTL?
  • Options
    Without, it's written on the windshield. I mistype the black, they have 1 white, 1 black EX-L V6 with Navi. Not sure of accessories on black, I prefer white. Have 2010 Accord Couple EX-L V6, no navi. that i would trade in.
  • Options
    veerenveeren Member Posts: 64
    I'm thinking of buying an accord SE 2011, should i wait for 2012 OR get the 2011.
    Currently OTD price is 23,800-500 Honda loyalty= 23,300 with Windows Tinted.

What do you guys recommend? is it a good price for Dallas TX?
  • Options
    mrnick2004mrnick2004 Member Posts: 4
    Do you think the prices will ever get back to where they were in March and April? In SoCal, they are about $2700 higher for the LX than they were in March. Allegedly, production was at full scale in July and officially in August.
  • Options
    indydriverindydriver Member Posts: 620
    edited August 2011
    Well, never say never. I bought in March and got $5000 off a sticker of $30,150 for an EX-L V-6. If the economy continues to cave and production is high, you'll get another glut. Just remember, in a negotiation, time is your most valuable ally.
  • Options
    I'm still thinking because i'm afraid of the economy and secondly i may not get a good long enough (36 months atleast) time to pay it off.
    Paying around 2K per month is just not feasible.

What you guys think about my earlier post about the prices for the Accord SE 2011 & EX-L?
  • Options
    sp2000sp2000 Member Posts: 19
    whats your price before any ttl on 2011 SE?
  • Options
    Car cost : 22,000 (window Tinting)
    Tax 6.25%= 1375
    Title =180
    Doc Fee= 200
    --------------------------
    Total 23755
    Honda Loyalty -500
    -----------------------------
    Grand Total Approx 23,300
  • Options
    raghurraghur Member Posts: 1
    Ca you post the dealers address to my email for an SE it looks like a good deal
  • Options
    lexusguy1lexusguy1 Member Posts: 11
    Brand new 2011 Accord SE

MSRP- $24,700
    Selling price before ttl- $21, 250 (includes $750 dealer cash)

Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    Well that deal is also not good.... i have seen people in Detroit Metro get around 21,250 and less now for Accord SE 2012, In dallas 22,000 was the best i could muster and that too it was ridden with lots of dealer "gotchas" i just walked away from a car deal recently, i'm very frustrated by this whole car buying experience.
  • Options
    Up until Aug 31st you should have got another 500 for being a loyal honda customer (f you have one), else if you did graduate recently OR are going to graduate within next one year or so... you cloud get another 500.

for 21,250 you should get the 2012 model, -500 = $20,750 + TTL beware of the dealer adds they are definitely a deal breaker IMHO, and also beware of extra Warranty ....

You should be also able to avail 0% APR on Honda Finance, make sure you get it.
  • Options
    I bought the All Weather Mats by Honda. I like them but on the drivers side the mat doesn't go all the way up past the brake/accellerator pedal. Anyone else noticed this?
  • Options
    jayinfojayinfo Member Posts: 7
    Deciding between these two:

Current offers:
    2012 SE: $22500+TTL
    2011 EX-L (I4): $25500 - $500 (loyal customer bonus) + TTL

I am in the Cleveland area and plan to use this vehicle for 5+ year. By the way, what's the fair price for the 2012 EX-L model? The 2012s are rolling in the lots while I don't find many 2011s left. For 2011 models, I could take advantage of the $500 bonus but I guess the dealer knows that and take advantage of raising the price a bit too. Anyway, appreciate any suggestions.
  • Options
    2012 SE should be around 21,250 not 22,500 thats way too much.
    If you are cleveland you can drive to detroit to get a good deal?

there are only couple of dealers and thats the price i got without even sitting on the negotiating table.

Hopefully this info will help you.
  • Options
    Thx, veeren.

Do you know what the fair price is for a new 2012 EX-L at Detroit. $26150 is the probably the best I can find at Cleveland for the new EX-L. The older 2011 EX-L ($24500) is mostly gone and left with the colors that we do not really like.

Btw, if I have negotiated a price by phone/email, is it still possible to drive it down a bit more (say $500 to $1000) on the day of purchase?

I would like to take advantage of the .9% financing special and tomorrow is the last day of this labor day weekend promotion. Is there another big sales eventing coming soon? I can probably postpone my purchase until the end of September and see if I can get a better deal ($1000 or more off current price) as the production replenishes the stocks. What do you think, veeren? Thanks.
  • Options
    Well this is my experience and yours may vary.
    I had pre-negotiated price and we still had to deal with sales personal who would negotiate and then call another person who would start at the starting price, i had enough of those discussions.
    If the dealer can try to negotiate from the already negotiated price you can too.
    My experience with dallas based dealerships was that they keep going back to the MSRP to negotiate, and play various tricks, for eg they would offer to lower the interest rate ONLY if you buy the warranty, only to find that the lower interest rate is effective on the day of sale from all competing dealerships for all customer regardless of purchase of warranty.

Buy 2011 only if you can allow for 10-12% of the price reduced from the 2012 model to compensate for 1 year of depreciation.

If you get such a price its better to buy the 2011 model instead of the 2012 model, since the car is virtually unchanged.
    I know i'm comparing apples with oranges, but you may compare your buying options with the 2012 camry.
  • Options
    rob_v6rob_v6 Member Posts: 20
    1. go to this website.... http://www.buenaparkhonda.net/index.htm <<<< use this as your guide.
    2. check the prices, this dealership post the discounted price online, if you ever go to this dealership, you will see the selling price on the windshield, you will never pay sticker price, no need to haggle
    3. the price that they have is still negotiable.
    4. I hope you all get a good deal.
    5. Yes, i recently bought a Honda Accord EXL v6 with Navi @28100.00 + TTL and other fees here in Southern California
    6 :shades: . Happy car hunting
  • Options
    thx, rob_v6 and veeren, i ended up getting a 2012 ex-l i4 today. thx for sharing the experience and info.
  • Options
    gb03gb03 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    I got a quote around $24,000 + TTL. Is this good? I am trying to get $24,000 out the door. I got a friend that bought 2010 EX-L last year for $23,500 out the door.
  • Options
    Jay,
    can you post your price with break down, people like me can benefit from it.

Thanks and congratulations on your new car...
  • Options
    I think you should aim for say 500 to 1000 less than Invoice, at 24,000 stealerships are making a ton of money (i'm not saying that dealers should not make money)
  • Options
    Veeren, I ended up paying $25500 + TTL for my 2012 EX-L i4 but I think $25000 is definitely possible at Cleveland if I am more time to haggle without my family around waiting. I upgraded from SE to EX-L because it has the color that my wife and I both like. Hope this helps and good luck with your car purchase.
  • Options
    dgrebdgreb Member Posts: 65
    edited September 2011
    For those of you who follow Clark Howard (financial whizz) he's recommending not to buy until end oct when he thinks big discounts will be on offer. I presume he means as full production will be back and the 2012's will on the forecourt, heavy discounting will take place?

Just thought i'd share.
  • Options
    dgrebdgreb Member Posts: 65
    what do you expect to get for your trade in? I have a 09 LX-P that i'm thinking of selling, would be nice to know what they're going for.
  • Options
    alookmanalookman Member Posts: 141
    edited September 2011
    Now is a good time to buy 2011 models with 2012 models arriving. Last year was much better time to buy since the dealer's inventory was bloated and with great factory rebates. Honda offers incentives each month based on inventory turnover.

The parts disruption in Japan has slowed down production and it has been very unfavorable for consumers since low inventory means less rebates.

Best months to buy at least in Dallas area market is Jan. and Feb. when snow and ice plus Xmas shopping slows down car sales.
  • Options
    bharathkannabharathkanna Member Posts: 1
    Hello Guys,

I am looking to buy Honda Accord 2011 or 2012 SE Automatic.
    And I got a price quote from a dealer as $22,991 for 2012 Honda Accord SE Automatic.
    I am living California Bay area and I want to know whether this is good deal or not?
    Can I bargain upto 500 or 1000?

Let me know your views....

Thanks in Advance..!!!

Bharath
  • Options
    pt6pt6 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    I got a quote on 2011 SE for $21988 - $500 Honda loyalty (he said he can still honor the loyalty on the 2011) w/ mudflaps, wheellocks, trunkmat, and floormats for total $21488 + ttl.
    I walked away from that deal. I guess I was looking for more discount. I don't know.
    Btw I'm in southern california and that was 2 weeks ago.
  • Options
    iatbociatboc Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    I got a quote on 2011 Accord Sedan EXLw/Nav for 27,551 +ttl. I'm in southern california. Is that a good price? Thanks
  • Options
    bmorrell2bmorrell2 Member Posts: 1
    RUN FAST FROM THIS DEALER!!! After doing all my research on NJ Honda dealers, I went here and was ROYALLY SCREWED. They (DINO RICCIO AND SHANNON GREENE) hyped up the vehicle on the phone and internet and then played the old bait and switch game, offering me another car not as impressive as the falsely advertised one. I confronted DINO RICCIO on his blatant lying to me via internet and in person, as I was looking at his absurd salesman of the year plaques on the wall. Then they damaged the car's finish while prepping it and tried to disguise it from me. Liz Loewrigkite of Customer Service is worthless except to Route 23, as she will endlessly tow the company line and do nothing for the customer. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM THIS SHADY, DISHONEST DEALER WHICH MAKES EVERY STEREOTYPE OF THE CROOKED CAR DEALER BECOME A REALITY!!!
  • Options
    btpd327btpd327 Member Posts: 9
    Route 23 dealership is THE WORST dealership in New Jersey !!!!!! Travel south to Hamilton Honda or Burns Honda !!!!

AVOID Route 23 Honda.....bunch of scum bags !!!!!
  • Options
    blueiedgodblueiedgod Member Posts: 2,798
    This reminds me, when I worked in NJ, someone backed into my Civic Si in the parking lot at work. So, I took it to RT 23 Honda to get it fixed because it was the closest to work (Wayne, NJ).

They fixed the body well, but when I went to pick up the car, the steering wheel mounted remote control for the radio was missing. I asked them about it, they said they didn't know anything about it. I insisted that I was no dellusional and I know I had one on there when I dropped the car off.

They called up the guy who worked on the car, and he admitted that he broke it off while moving my car.

They ended up paying for the replacement remote, but, this is the part I remember, they broke it, and hid it from me, thinking that I would not notice.
  • Options
    ken117ken117 Member Posts: 249
    Wow, this is good to know. I will look elsewhere for my Honda. I do see this dealer has a fairly good rating on Dealer Rater. However, I am always suspicious of the validity of Dealer Rater as, my experience, has shown they usually fail to list all the negative ratings. While I don't know much about Dealer Rater, I suspect some sort a relationship with dealers in general. Overall, I would trust the people who post on Edmunds much more. Thanks for the heads up on Route 23 Honda.
  • Options
    lcutiezlcutiez Member Posts: 1
    Do you still have the email for LX price. Can you forward it to me.. Thank u
  • Options
    I dont have your email address to send you...
  • Options
    Just saying that, the dealer guys lurk here on this forum and post messages, one of dealers told me in person that he saw my messages here and do not appreciate that the purchase price and other things are disclosed, i said did i sign any waiver to that right? or is it a rule that you cannot talk about the purchase price with anyone.. and he kept quiet.
  • Options
    civic2kcivic2k Member Posts: 18
    Just started a search for a 2012 Accord, is invoice doable at this time? I know it's probably better to wait till the 2013's are displayed at the auto show or once they hit lots, but if I can get a good deal I'll bite now.
  • Options
    inquiring_mindinquiring_mind Member Posts: 2
    Looking to buy a 2012 Accord SE or EXL in the next couple of days. Located in Mpls. What should I pay. What hidden fees should I watch out for? Is the Honda Loyalty still available - they didn't say anything about that when I test drove.
  • Options
    inquiring_mindinquiring_mind Member Posts: 2
    How do we find out what the invoice prices are on 2012 Accords?
  • Options
    tractorman1tractorman1 Member Posts: 2
    Getting a price for a 2012 EXL-Navi -- $27, 120 (includes dest) + 199 (dealer fee) + Tax.

Is this a good deal ?
  • Options
    tom_mhntom_mhn Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2011
    Bought a 2012 Honda Accord EX-L V6 with Navigation package for $27,163.00 (including tax + title + registration).

Do you guys think its a good price.
    Tom