Options

Infiniti G35 Sedan 2006 and earlier

Comments

• Options
    dl7265dl7265 Member Posts: 1,381
    Hmm fully equiped at 32k.If thats true including navigation , a base must be in the 27-28 range. Sounds good to me , be hard to keepem on the lot.

Too bad you didnt get in one, after the trip, im sure the one here will be available if its only a month from release date.
  • Options
    maxamillion1maxamillion1 Member Posts: 1,467
    If so, I am just going to have to say good-bye to the new Altima and say hello to overtime at my new job because Max's getting a new G35!!!!
  • Options
    norcalmike2norcalmike2 Member Posts: 133
    Like hvan3, I have just returned from the LA Auto Show. Flew down from Sacramento this AM and just for giggles I took the rapid transit bus from the airport to the convention center. Next to seeing the G35, the characters on the buses were the interesting part of the trip. The lines at the auto show were unbelievable! Of course, there had to be the select few who had no problem cutting in front of you after you have been standing in line for forty minutes. Irritating, but not worth a fist fight. The Infiniti people were not well informed on the G35. With the help of this board, I was quoting chapter and verse to the sales people to the point that they were referring questions from the crowd to me. As hvan3 reports, no access to the inside of the car. Cayennered you are right, the G35 is more unique and it does stir some passion inside me that the ES300 lacks. Of course I did hear more than one comment from the crowd "So, this is the Infiniti version of the Altima". When I explained that it was the American version of the Skyline I got alot of dead fish looks. I think the G35 will be very fun to drive while the ES will be all cushy and comfortable like my favorite recliner. I think I'd be a total dummy to buy the ES without at least driving a G35. The Infiniti salesman says they expect a mid March release date. I'm going to send the Infiniti salesman a refundable $500.00 deposit on Monday thus placing me a good position. The Infiniti rep spinning around on the display was announcing a price on the microphone of 28-32K.
  • Options
    jap731jap731 Member Posts: 2
    Pricing .... by dl7265 "Hmm fully equiped at 32k.If thats true including navigation , a base must be in the 27-28 range. Sounds good to me , be hard to keepem on the lot."

The pricing sounds about right to me. If it is an Infiniti, it will be just about maxxed out to begin with anyway. I own a 1996 G20T and only spent another $1000 on extras. I'll hold out for a manual tranny though. My G20T should last at least another decade and can be my everyday auto.
  • Options
    jdbtensaijdbtensai Member Posts: 122
    have people seen the prices on altimas, without navigation? they're hitting $30k, no?
  • Options
    riezriez Member Posts: 2,361
    Since the G35's primary competitors seem to be in the $30,000-$40,000 market, I'm guessing you'll see the G35 in this range too, though maybe it won't have enough options to push much beyond $36,000.

I saw a loaded Altima 3.5SE with auto, leather, safety pkg, sunroof, and nearly the whole works with a $29,400 MSRP. It didn't even have a couple options. A completely optioned Altima could push $31,000. Can't imagine a G35 being less expensive. Given Infiniti pricing in past between I-30/35 and Maxima. And fact that I-35 is squarely in the $29,000-$34,000 range.

Infiniti might have a bit of a mess on their hands. Wondering what will happen in 2002 for I-35 sales and what they'll do with the I- once the G35 is established.
  • Options
    corkfishcorkfish Member Posts: 537
    Yeah, the dealerships have been asking for that kind of money, but they aren't getting it. You can get a nicely equipped Altima that lists for $27k for 24K or 25K. Look on the Altima board. One guy paid 26K for a car that listed for 29k. The competition is getting pretty keen, sub 30k 350Z, $26k EVO VII coming next fall or spring.
  • Options
    one_loveone_love Member Posts: 28
    Z will start from $27,500 and Evo was only said to be under 30k but I can't see a modifyed compact 4cyl sedan costing above 30k.
  • Options
    maxamillion1maxamillion1 Member Posts: 1,467
    From what I keep hearing, the new G35 is supposed to be cheaper than the Infiniti I35. It is also supposed to compete with the Lexus IS300. Does the price of the IS300 reach $36,000 loaded? I am not sure, but I have been told that it is supposed to cost right around the price of an Is300 or less...
  • Options
    infinitisellerinfinitiseller Member Posts: 23
    The I35 is front wheel drive. The G35 is rear wheel. Infiniti is going after different markets. Luxury sedan I35. Performance sedan G35.
    Car looks and is speced out like a winner. Can hardly wait till they arrive.
  • Options
    Check out the complete option list for an IS300. If you order absolutely everything, you can push one into nearly $40,000. The one my wife and I looked at wasn't fully loaded but had a $35,600 MSRP. The interior was too boyracerish and looked tacky compared to the $38,600 ES300 next to it; talkin' material quality, use of wood, chrome, & leather, instrumentation & controls, etc.
  • Options
    aftyafty Member Posts: 499
    corkfish is right, Altimas can reach up to about $30k but no one is buying them for that price. Dealers are discounting them, despite what they say about the demand for this car.

My Altima V6 5-speed had a sticker of $26,500. I paid $24,500 before tax, title, and license. And that was over a month ago; I'll bet you can get an even better deal now.

I would be surprised to see a fully loaded G35 for 32k. I think it will be closer to $35k, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    first. you paid $24,500 for a v6 altima?
    the g35 looked really nice to me. still don't see it going for less than $32k equipped with everything BUT navigation. could be wrong though.
    i actually liked the look of the i35 even more, but it, unfortunately, is a fwd luxury sedan. a sweet looking one though.
    also saw the new z350. the one at the show was a japanese one. right side driver, etc. it also looked nice.
    although i'd take the g35 with a manual over it.
    one thing i was surprised at was the size of the g35, it looks BIG.
    a lot bigger than my s4. didn't sit in it though. they never unlocked the doors.
  • Options
    For grins i priced out a loaded I35 with a base of $28,750.00, clicking every option including a $800.00 full size tire YIKES! rang up $38,475.00

However we know the large discounting Infiniti/Nissan has always done . I paid 17k for a G with a sticker of 25k. And ive seen I35 advertised for $26,999 all the time. I guess we will find out soon.

DL
  • Options
    i hope it comes in low. but i'll be a little, more than a little really, shocked if it comes in within 10% of the altima.
    i mean for a rwd infiniti v. a fwd nissan.
    yes infiniti and nissan are owned by the same folks in japan. but the reputation is different here. the interiors are different. etc.
  • Options
    I'll cut to the chase: Base price will be $27,100 w/o leather, $28,950 w/leather. Fully equipped around $35k.

Lots more info here:

http://forums.freshalloy.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=19&t=000135

And yes, I did pay $24,500 for a V6 Altima.

• Options
    hvan3hvan3 Member Posts: 630
    Thanks! I guess I don't have to provide pictures and specs from the LA Auto Show. That was a good link on the summary of G35.

I'll wait for the coupe and manual. It would allow me to age my Impala for another year or so.
  • Options
    anoonananoonan Member Posts: 29
    been lurking on this board for a while... looks like you can pre-order a G35 with your preferred options. Certainly interesting though i'd like to get the interior dimensions first. Dealer says he wants $1,000 down to place the order. Just might do it!
  • Options
    i haven't looked at the link. that's next. what does one get going from base price to fully equipped, other than the navigation?
    a g35 equipped like your altima would cost how much?
  • Options
    It said that "leather model" starts at $28,950. I wonder what this package includes? I would assume that this package includes at least sunroof and Bose system.

I was told at the auto show that G35 would max out at $32K.

I only need:

Premium package -- $2,200
    Sunroof -- $1,000
    Bose Audio System -- $900
    Aero Package -- $550
    Sport-Tuned Suspension Package -- $425
  • Options
    ligartligart Member Posts: 109
    I was wondering about that myself. $1,850 just for leather is a bit steep!
  • Options
    atl123atl123 Member Posts: 2
    For anyone interested. According to LA Auto show info I found off of MSN.com, a 6 speed manual is currently under development and will be available later in the year.
  • Options
    cayennered1cayennered1 Member Posts: 193
    You gotta love the pricing on this car.

6 disc in dash cd standard. Even adding leather and a moonroof you should be barely over 30 grand. Not to mention 260hp. Comperable sport sedans (S60, 330) would run 3-6 thousand more. Plus Infiniti reliability and service.

I've been thinking S60 and X-type along with the G35 but I don't see the others when the G looks so good, is fast and well equipped and I dare say cheap.

I'll be at the Detroit show next week. Only other car I want to see is the Mazda 6 since it should be a pretty nice car in the low to mid 20's. Still the G35 has jumped to the top of my list.
  • Options
    stanny1stanny1 Member Posts: 962
    Brand new Car and Driver has a 7 sedan comparison test that you must read. So much for the X-type and I've owned two Volvos and no more. The new G35 should be a breath of fresh air.
    To me, a fully equipped G35 is just a six-speed and LSD differential. The rest is fluff. It's time manufacturers put the performance back in performance sedans. We are now in a horsepower race and I think Detroit is still shy after the insurance companies came down on them in the early 70's. Or there's some agreement that there is a maximum of 230 hp or so unless you have a lot of bucks to spend. It doesn't cost that much to make a Northstar, Lexus V-8, or Ford Intech but they won't put those in a smaller car. What we need in Detroit is a modern day Jim Wangers who put the 389 in a Tempest and made the GTO.
  • Options
    cayennered1cayennered1 Member Posts: 193
    I really hadn't thought about insurance relative to the G35. Right now I'm being abused by premiums driving a 190HP Galant and I'm a guy in his 50's. With all the safety features, etc. I hope they don't just knee jerk this car into a high risk catagory just because of the HP.

Also still wondering what $1800 premium buys you besides leather on the G35. Nothing in the press release seems to tell you. Can't imagine $1800 just for leather seat trim.
  • Options
    I didn't see Madza 6 at the LA Auto Show. Since Madza headquarter is only minutes away from my company, I would at least assume they would demo the Madza 6 at the LA Auto Show. No dice.

If anyone thinks G35 is priced favorably, wait till you see the 350Z pricing. I was told it starts at $28K for 280 hp!! Make sure to check out the new Z.
  • Options
    himomerhimomer Member Posts: 59
    adds leather-appointed seats, 8-way power driver's seat, unique 17-inch alloy wheels with P215/55VR17 tires, steering wheel audio controls and dual-illuminated visor vanity mirrors.

The G35 only reminds me of the Altima when it comes to the options---- premium pkg requires sunroof, Navi pkg requires Premium pkg, Wood pkg not available w/ Sport tuned suspension pkg, heated seats are only available through winter pkg, but standard winter pkg is not available with the sport tuned suspension pkg only the winter pkg sport is available w/ sport suspension pkg which includes all season VR rated tires(that are standard on the "Leather Model" deleting the high performance W rated tires from the sport suspension pkg.(Not like the majority of buyers will drive that fast but it just seems odd to me)

The car will still be near the top of my list next year, the unique features of this car outweigh the weird option packages.
  • Options
    corkfishcorkfish Member Posts: 537
    Oh no. If that's true I'm really going to have difficulty deciding what to buy. Subaru WRX ( a great car, but a little on the adolescent side), the EVO VII, or the G35. For years I put off buying a new car because there wasn't anything very appealing. Now it it seems like they coming out of the woodwork. Isn't this the same drivetrain as the 350Z? If so, shouldn't it be very easy to increase the horsepower to 280?
  • Options
    $27,100 same as a base 325i with 184hp, good strategy, I might recant about Infiniti discounts, I dont now think there will be many at this price point.I think ill pass on the $2200 Prem pack though. only concern is it list one touch power windows, guess its not going to be a standard feature .Also a 20 gallon fuel tank, it might be a thirsty one.

DL
  • Options
    EPA ratings are 19 mpg city, 24 highway with the 5-speed auto. Seems a bit low, but they're in line with the IS300's ratings.
  • Options
  • Options
    Well, ive been told the fuel ratings are a little more conservative than a few years ago to be accurate. Ive averaged 23.5 for 2.5 years in my 3er every tank, and thats with premium fuel.

DL
  • Options
    anoonananoonan Member Posts: 29
    If you go to the Infiniti site, you can price out and order the car in the color and options you want. Looks like the max is about $35,700 (w/ sport, Nav, Premium, etc).
  • Options
    It looks like a G35 equipped like my Altima would sticker at $31k. My Altima stickered at $26,521. Only difference is that my car has a manual transmission, and that option is currently unavailable for the G35. According to Nissan, the G35 will get a 6-speed manual next year.
  • Options
    mvargo1mvargo1 Member Posts: 298
    Price and a 5-speed are hardly the only differences between the G35 and your Altima. But that is a whole different story.

HP will be 255 in the sedan, look for something much closer to 300 when the coupe comes out. The 3.5 L V6 is designed to produce anywhere from 240-290 HP depending on how it is tuned and where it will be used.
  • Options
    Only equipment difference is the 5-speed. I understand that the G35 is RWD, better quality, yada yada yada.

HP will be 260 in the sedan with 260 lb-ft of torque. Nissan upped the figures in recent weeks. They are also saying that the new Z car will produce "in excess of 280 hp" from the same engine, so I would look for a similar output in the G35 coupe.
  • Options
    68bullitt68bullitt Member Posts: 177
    The sketch of the upcoming G35 coupe on the Infiniti website looks absolutely awesome! If it comes standard with the 6-speed manual and more than the sedan's 260HP, then I'm probably going to wait for the coupe.

The option packages on the sedan are set up kind of wierd. I tried to build a sedan with just the Luxury Leather Package and the Sports-Tuned Suspension Package but the website would not let me do so without also selecting either the Aero package or the Winter Package, neither of which I want. What's up with that? I generally don't like the look of spoilers on sedans so I don't want the Aero package but I definitely do want the Sports Suspension package with the 5-spoke wheels. I don't need the Winter Package since I live in the sun belt. So why can't I get the Sports Package without either the Aero nor the Winter Packages? Nissan, are you paying attention?
  • Options
    ligartligart Member Posts: 109
    So much for all the naysayers. Of course that sketch is a concept, but it would appear they're gonna do more than just remove two of the doors from the sedan and push the B pillar back. :-)
  • Options
    Even IF the only difference between the G35 and the Altima was RWD vs. FWD, it is a HECK of a difference. One of the problems with the American public, especially the younger drivers, is that they were raised in a FWD world. They never knew the difference, didn't know or care, and worse never questioned why and how the manufacturers sold them the FWD bill of goods. If you research FWD vs. RWD, there is hardly any advantage in FWD and I can name about 10 disadvantages without much effort. FWD is cheaper to make and more expensive to drive, and that's not even talking about vehicle dynamics. The V-6 Altima is simply an overpowered FWD looking for a chassis. The G35 has the chassis looking for a road and qualified driver. The biggest waste is a great engine looking for a great chassis and great drivers would never consider them - STS, Continental,Tundra,Aurora,Q45. Money can buy engines, but the cars they put them in have no potential. Of course, the manufacturers are afraid to put the right parts together unless you can afford an M3 or M5. Ford and GM could build a 40k supercar tomorrow. GM has almost given up RWD cars and Chrysler has been brain dead for years.
  • Options
    Too bad it seems Infiniti is following in Nissan's footsteps with the odd packages and package requirements. Why bundle oddly? Check out what happens when you try to option out a Maxima SE or I-35.

Surprised they set the entry price so low. Noticed how Edmunds made sure to say that was done because all the good stuff was extra. Thinking most dealers are going to order cars with lots of options. Just like the Jag dealers seem to be ordering the $44,000 MSRP loaded 3.0Ls and not the base $30,000 2.5Ls. Will be interesting to see what we find on our local lots, esp. for first few months when they really want to maximize profits and hold line on full boat MSRP retail pricing, if possible.
  • Options
    vmaturovmaturo Member Posts: 71
    The Lexus IS300 has a prop rod. But nobody on Lexus Forums is requesting the help of a Psychiatrist to deal with it.

Complain, Complain, Complain.........

Of course there isn't a thing to like about this car.

What a bunch of CRY BABIES!
  • Options
    michaelf2michaelf2 Member Posts: 12
    I currently have a Lexus ES 300. I have started shopping for a new car, something sportier. I will definitely wait to see the G35 in person. However the rear of the car doesn't thrill me. I'm sure Infinit has excellent reliability but how is the service dept? Do you get a loaner car, free car wash??? Any input from current Infiniti owners would be helpful.
  • Options
    According to Edmunds on G35, the engine makes 260 hp at 6,000 rpm, and 260 lb of torque at 4,800rpm. That is awesome! The mileage is very good consider it's a 3.5 liter engine.

If I wait for the coupe and manual, it can save me at least $1K. Plus, the 2nd year production will eliminate most of the "bugs" from the 1st year production.
  • Options
    68bullitt68bullitt Member Posts: 177
    I wouldn't count on saving $1K on the coupe version. Coupes generally tend to cost more than the sedan versions. Take a look at the BMW 325i. The sedan's base price is $27,100, exactly the same as the G35 sedan's base price. But the 325Ci coupe's base price is $2K more than the sedan at $29,100. There's really no reason for the price difference other than that it's a coupe so it's suppose to be more exclusive. With the G35 coupe expected to have more HP than the sedan, I bet you can count on it costing more, maybe more than the BMW's sedan/coupe differential (which have the same engine and power). I'm also praying that the G35 coupe will be the same price as the sedan but I'm not holding my breath. You would think that eliminating two doors and all that comes with them (power windows, locks, handles, hinges, etc.) would lower the cost of the coupe, but not in the real world. It's all marketing and what they can get people to pay for a car.
  • Options
    hicairahicaira Member Posts: 276
    And to add insult to injury, your insurance company will want to ding you for the coupe. I got a quote from my agent for a 330 @ $1400/year. For the 330ci the quote jumped to almost $1700 - all other things being equal.

Too bad no G35 Wagon on the Horizon: the BMW 325t was quoted to me at less than $1000/yr.

Either way, looks like I'll have to hang on to my current ride till near the end of the year - when the G35 w/ manual is available. Wonder what that will do to the funky option packages?

Speaking of those packages, I fear that they are a necessary evil to get the price as low as it is. It is much easier for the factory, capacity planning, and inventory management if the number of potential variables are smaller. Those efficiency savings translate to a lower cost for us buyers.

HiC
  • Options
    himomerhimomer Member Posts: 59
    Edmunds says optional, but the press release on yahoo said standard. I hope it's standard or at least a standalone option unlike everything else.
  • Options
    blueguydotcomblueguydotcom Member Posts: 6,249
    Says that VDC is standard equipment. Check their site. You can fully assemble one there.

I outfitted a leather lined G35 with the sports suspesion - 30,925. Unfortunately to get the sunroof and sports suspension I had to opt for an utterly nasty aero package. Hopefully they can delete the spoiler (I'd still pay for it) as I'd prefer to NEVER own a non-Porsche Turbo with something as absurd as a spoiler.
  • Options
    Ok, fellow G35 enthusiasts. It's time to get the E-mail addresses of some of the top execs at US Nissan and give them our opinions. Especially about these wierd option combos. Does anyone have a clue on how to contact these people? This car is the first car to come close to BMW performance and I would hate to see it crippled at the start. For those who remember, The Datsun guys brought out the 240Z in 1970 for $2995 but the dealers loaded the cars up so badly that you could not get one for less than $3500 for a long time (and $500 was alot of options in 1970). If the dealers
    clue into the excitement early, a Bimmer might be cheaper and easier to get. I want the lightest G35 I can get. If I wanted a loaded techmobile, I could always buy a flatulent STS.
This discussion has been closed.