Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Hyundai Sonata Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    billwardbillward Member Posts: 154
    Ok, there will be a happier message in a few days about the Hyundai Sonata we ARE buying (arranging financing now and taking delivery Saturday!) but it's time for an UNPLEASANT Buying experience (i.e., the dealership tried to perform a bait and switch).

I used Edmunds here to send my vehicle request to local dealers: a 2009 Sonata GLS I4 with Automatic and Popular Equipment Package 2, Slate Blue as preference. There are "four" local Hyundai dealships in my area, but one of them owns one of the others (it's a subdealership), Hall Automotive. The other two dealers (Priority Hyundai and Checkered Flag Hyundai) responded quickly, via both email and phone, although Checkered Flag never did get back with a price to us (surprisingly, since we've done most of our work with them, and they've always followed through in the past; we've even had our in warrenty 2003 Sonata's work done there). Priority came up with a reasonable offer, though in the end it was about $1600 too high compared to where we ARE buying our car from. Hall, however, came up with a GREAT offer, at $14999, with (as expressed in the offer) only the $2000 rebate taken out. Hall, by the way, is one of Edmunds Premier Internet dealerships.

With our current Owner Loyalty rebate, that meant we would get the car we wanted for 13499 plus taxes/tags/title.... that's just fine, it's even about $2500 less than we were looking for. The email explicitly stated that I may be eligible for other rebates (I know that! I'm eligible for $1500 more, only a year shy from being eligible for the $400 college rebate (I'm working on a PhD) and I work for the military, though I'm not in (so I don't qualify there....). So I call to confirm it, and they say "oops, it's not PEP 02, but it is the automatic". Ok, even at $15649 (too much if the car is $14999, but...) I'm willing to jump on it. Then the Internet manager comes in.... "Oh, but that's with every rebate applied". Not what the email says... email says I might be eligible for even MORE rebates, and the only rebates applied are those EVERYONE gets. I point this out. He starts getting upset with ME, and says that they ALWAYS do that. In other words, they ALWAYS lie to potential customers. This is when I start getting upset... I'd already said that I would be there "tomorrow" (which is now TODAY) to pick up the car.

Even then, I give him the chance to make good.... he can fix his way of doing business, and sell me the car at the price he's quoting plus the differential... nope, he's not willing to do that, but "I'll ask my manager and get back with you". Internet shopping is supposed to be about taking the liars and the "Oh, I have to clear that..." folks out of the equation.... but not at Hall!

So, even though I knew that I was going to end up moving on (if they're dishonest from the first get go, I know just what caliber of people we have here....) I gave him the simple choice... make me whole or I'd let folks know about their tactics.

And when the call ended, I started checking... which I should have done from the get go. Priority has a good reputation locally, so does Checkered Flag... Hall? Not so much. There was even another report about Hall here on Edmunds, though only on the Mazda side. So, folks, steer clear... the folks are NOT honest.

On the other hand, I decided to see what the non-local, but still close regional dealers could do... and that included all the way up to the famed Fitzmall.... along with dealerships in Williamsburg, Richmond, Fairfax, etc., and within two hours had found not one, but TWO very good deals for exactly the car we wanted (down to the color, except for the interiors). So, stick around a few days and I'll give you the much better deal that I got from one of the regional dealers.
  • Options
    jonnalajonnala Member Posts: 3
    Thank for sharing ray. I was looking for deal in california bay area..

Krishna
  • Options
    gutta_99gutta_99 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

Did anybody buy the Sonata GLS V6 with Popular equipment Package ?
    What is the best deal on this trim ?

Thanks.
  • Options
    xavxav Member Posts: 23
    hardin hyundai in Anaheim (Orange County). That's what they told me on the phone though. They also have an ad with it.
  • Options
    xavxav Member Posts: 23
    That's a good deal..

Lowest I was offered for an MSRP $21k auto GLS was $14,800 + tax/ttl/fees, after Owner Loyalty Rebate.

Anybody has any idea on how much these cars cost to the dealers? The dealers claim they're losing money on them.. I'm not so sure..
  • Options
    It WASN'T a good deal; they had folded every rebate under the sun into the price they quoted, even when they had said they hadn't; in addition, So, the base GLS I4 Auto (without the Option Package 2) would have been $16399.

However, to finish the story on my buying experience (because what was a non-buying and very negative experience with Hall wasn't going to keep me from buying a car...), we'll pickup where we left off.

I came back to Edmunds to expand my regional search; one of the folks in here just two weeks ago got what sounded like a decent deal for a Manual GLS I4 from Pearsons in Richmond, two hours away, along with West Broad Hyundai. Closer, that opened up Williamsburg, and hour away from my home, and further, it opened up Pohanka in Fredricksburg (3 hours) and Fitzmall in the close DC area (4-5 hours). Through Edmunds, I contacted all of those except Pohanka (they didn't have much inventory, so I didn't bother), and Fitzmall (which I was going to go to directly) and immediately, through the websites of the dealers, found two candidates that were close; in fact, one was so close that I turned to my wife and said "I've just found our new car!" Fitzmall had a brand new 2009 GLS I4 Automatic with Package 2, Bluetooth (not originally a requirement, but something my wife had intimated that she would very much appreciate), and floor mats, Slate Blue with Grey interior, at $17,123 with ONLY the $2000 cash back applied; that meant my price (since I own a 2003 Sonata) was $15,623, within $26 dollars of what I had told Hall it would take to make me whole after their shoddy performance, but including the Bluetooth and in my wifes exact exterior color choice and favorite of the two interiors.

I contacted Fitzmall, West Broad, Pearsons, and Williamsburg. Of the four, Peasons has only just contacted me back (48 hours later) and Williamsburg hasn't at all. West Broad's Internet salesman contacted me back within 30 minutes of my inquiry, though, while I was still setting up the information to send to Fitzmall to lock us for purchasing the car. I was straightforward with the salesman, and told him flat out I have family in the DC area, so it wouldn't be a big hardship to go up to Fitzmall to get the car from there, and that they're price was the best I'd seen; however, West Broad was only a few hundred more, and if they could match Fitzmall on the final OTD price, for the same car, I'd buy from them, because it would save a lot of time (we have a family member dying and will probably be traveling to the funeral next week; I don't need to spend two days getting the car when we're crunched in making arrangements).

West Broad took a little time (I think because they had to find the car), but they did it. WITHOUT >ANY< rebates, Fitzmall's price for the car was $19123 (17123 for the standard, then down to $15,623 with owner loyalty. In order to make the same OTD cost, West Broad had to BEAT Fitzmall; there were additional taxes with buying in Richmond versus Gaithersburg. West Broad got it to $18,836.42, minus the $2000 Hyundai Rebate, and then got $1500 Owner Loyalty for a total price on the car of $15336.42 (before Taxes/Tags/Title). Out the Door was $16,357.40 (beating Fitzmall's out the door by one penny). Then, last night, we found we needed to seriously speed up how fast we were buying. Instead of Saturday, could we drive the two hours (in rush hour traffic!) and get up to Richmond to pick it up tongiht? Would they stay open? They made arrangements for two folks to stay late, and we did the deal; everyone involved all along the way was professional, courteous, and efficient. I got a nice rate from my credit union before I went up, but West Broad found almost a point better, saving us an additional $19/month. Could I have done better? Maybe... but not more than $100 or so, at best. Any my wife and I now have our exact car we wanted. A win-win for us, and a much better experience than our abortive near-purchase at Hall. Thanks West Broad, and sorry Fitzmall.

Oh, and as a humorous aside; when we got home with the new car, there was a message on the answering machine from Hyundai Motors (human, not a machine) asking us to rate our buying experience, saying he was sorry he missed us, and that he would call back. The funniest part? The time; it was almost the exact moment that we arrived at the dealership, 45 minutes before we left with the car, and nearly three hours before we got home.
  • Options
    mrukzmrukz Member Posts: 14
    I am not an expert, but as far as I know dealers pay the invoice price (could somebody correct me if I am wrong?). Yet, the profit that the dealer makes is *not* the difference between what you pay and the invoice. The manufacturers set up incentive programs to "reward" the good dealers, meaning the ones that sell a lot of cars to many satisfied customers. Because of that, you can often see dealers selling below invoice. They do this to meet their incentive program goals. As one dealer told me, they are especially inclined to give you a good deal if you pay cash. If you finance, you may still get a good deal, especially if the dealer is able to get some profit from your loan. However, the longer the time between you driving your car off the lot and the dealer getting his money, the smaller the chance that you will get an amazing deal.
  • Options
    12839561283956 Member Posts: 4
    i just saw an ad in washington post automotive this sunday of a dealer
    selling new automatic sonata lowest trims for 10k (10xxx dollars ) or 12x dollars per month
    they were also offering up to 10k off all new Hyundai.
    so a sonata lowest trim must cost a bit less than 10k considering they are willing to go 8k lower than msrp

i've also seen deals on tv for 4k off sonatas (rebate x2)
    but the ad i saw last sunday seems very nice, wish i hadnt thrown that away
  • Options
    jonnalajonnala Member Posts: 3
    Thank you very much xav. I have already pulled trigger for honda accord EX-L 4 Cyl. I wish you all good deals in the hunt.

BTW I am still receiving mails from Hyundai dealers that rebate got increased by 1000 which makes 3000 in total on 2009 sonata models. Looks they are also offering extra 300 to cover increase in sales tax(CA). Hope this info helps in your bargains.

Krishna
  • Options
    scdelanscdelan Member Posts: 10
    Just a note on that rebate increase. It's an increase to $3k on the normal rebate, but the loyalty rebate was lowered to $500. So a better deal if you don't have a Hyundai, the same if you're already an owner.

I'll be giving the dealer nearby offering double rebates a call tomorrow to see how this changes things, if at all.
  • Options
    bhmr59bhmr59 Member Posts: 1,601
    Towne recently changed their on-line information. They no longer show internet pricing...big mistake IMO.

They had some of the best prices around, usually beating Fitzmall, car for car. Sonata prices before factory rebates were always under invoice. Maybe they still are, but it will take a phone call to find out. Are they now going to enter the "buy today" or "buy at the end of the month game?"
  • Options
    tkachuk07tkachuk07 Member Posts: 18
    Picked up a new manual Sonata with floors mats, cargo net @ 14K OTD. This figures 3K rebate only & I left the sales tax out.
  • Options
    huhuhuhu Member Posts: 10
    this is a wow price? where r u located?
  • Options
    peekayspeekays Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,
    Drove home with a 2.4L 4 cylinder Automatic 2009 Pearl White GLS PZEV Sonata with Equipment package #2 (power seats, trip computer, etc.) this evening. Here are the details of the transaction:
    $15500+600 (package#2)+200 (white paint)=16300. (price includes $3000 rebate).
    Taxes (6.85% in utah), Licenses, Doc fee ($300)=1650.
    OTD=$17950.
    We also got the cargo net, mudguards, carpet floor mats and IPod cable included (that is about $260).
    I should stress that we got exactly the car we wanted (white w/ package #2). We felt pretty good about the deal.
    We've never owned a Hyundai but after trying out lots of cars (camry, accord, altima, outback, VW sportswagon) and doing a ton of research, it just seemed right.

We weren't planning on buying a car but my 1995 Acura Integra with only 96K miles was stolen then recovered but had been totally stripped and was a total loss. We decided to get a sedan as a back up to our existing aging sedan and once it bites the dust I'll get a little fun car like my Integra. So, in the meantime, I hope the Hyundai works out. According to the reviews, it should. Price sure was right. We thought we'd be spending about 8-10K more.

pk
  • Options
    igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    Edmunds is showing a rebate of $2000 from 05/01/09 to 06/01/09, but I've seen several mention that it is actually $3000? Can anyone confirm?
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • Options
    backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    Best to go right to the source on rebates:

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/financing/specialoffers/special_offers.aspx

$3000 general rebate, $500 loyalty rebate. Put in your zip code in case the rebates vary by state.
  • Options
    peekayspeekays Member Posts: 2
    Hyundai changed it from $2000 to $3000 on 5/9/09. Be careful though because we had some dealerships "pretend" it was $2000. The dealership we purchased from actually said: "yea, it's a good time to buy because the rebate just went up".

Also, it appears Hyundai dropped the customer loyalty from $1500 to $500.

pk
  • Options
    mikenjmikenj Member Posts: 25
    I was quoted $16,428 + TTL for 4cyl auto GLS with package #2, floor mats, cargo mat and cargo net. This price incl $3,000 rebate/$750 dealer cash/$624 HB(no idea what that is). Is this a good price?
  • Options
    gambit3gambit3 Member Posts: 5
    It sounds like HB is (Dealer) Hold back.
  • Options
    gambit3gambit3 Member Posts: 5
    I thought I was wrong when I saw the commercial....
    but there it is... right on their page. Am I right in assuming that it is in ADDITION to the $3000 rebate?

The Hyundai page seems to indicate that it is.
    http://www.hyundaiusa.com/financing/specialoffers/special_offers.aspx
  • Options
    If you were asking me where I'm located (with a GLS I4 Auto w/Package 2, Floor Mats, and Bluetooth in Slate Blue/Tan for $15336.42 before taxes/tags/title) I'm located in South Hampton Roads, in Virginia (Virginia Beach, Virginia, to be exact). West Broad Hyundai is located in Richmond, Virginia.

That price was with the (then) current $2000 rebate, plus $1500 owner loyalty rebate. However, the rebates have changed slightly in the two weeks (tomorrow!) since we bought; the totals are the same if you have both, but it's better for folks who don't have owner loyalty now then then; the price for someone who doesn't already have a Hyundai would have been $15856.42 in that case. Still, one of the best deals I've seen for an Auto with Bluetooth. I've found the Bluetooth to be worth it though in these two weeks....
  • Options
    mikenjmikenj Member Posts: 25
    Thank you for numbers, it looks like that I'm being given a price of $15,205. Going there this weekend, will let you know if I get it. I'm in NJ, how much were all the other fees besides tax?
  • Options
    My OTD price included everything, but from NJ, you might have a slightly different set of fees; however, the internet salesman at West Broad was pretty straightforward; he supplied me with EXACTLY the correct amount (well, within a penny or two, literally) based on Virginia laws for the OTD price. For me, it was out the door at 16,357.40. You're being quoted about $130 less... so you would have a slightly lower tax, too, maybe all told $140 roughly... but your tags/title for NJ may be higher than Virginia's. And you may have to pay a purchase tax for NJ (some states do that for cars purchased out of state and then original titled in the them); I'm not sure if NJ is one of them.

Good luck, and post your experiences on here!
  • Options
    jfritschjfritsch Member Posts: 958
    Doc fees are meaningless as long as you get the full price with all fees from the 10+ dealers you get email bids from within 100-200 miles of you, usually last week of the month.

A used 08 elantra auto gls (msrp 17600) barely has a wholesale trade in value of 10000 with avg miles. This is what your 09 will be worth in 12months. I doubt a fully loaded one (msrp 19000) has a trade in of $11000. In other words $14500 is nothing to write home about for the 09 17600 gls. Eating 4000-5000 1st 12 months to drive one of these things isn't great.

The 08 20400 msrp Sonata gls auto also has a used trade in of $10000 with avg miles. (kbb.com) $15500 is no great deal on a new one. The 08 $27000 msrp Sonata limited has a trade in of $11000. Once again, what your 09 will be be worth in 12 months.

Suzuki and Hyundai are the few manufacturers not to post 30-40% sales drops. (They posted 2% sales drops). They are playing their marketing to the hilt.Selling vehicles for possibly more than they did last year at this time.

The 18500 Mazda 3 i touring value auto may be had for about 15000 and change, and will be worth almost $13000 in 12 mo. A versa $16000-18000 hatch or sedan for about 12000-14000, and worth 10000-11000. A $19500 pontiac vibe or toyota matrix-- $15400 or so. (worth almost $12000 next year)

The kia spectra forum has a $17500 car similar to the elantra, for possibly $11500 or so (worth $8500 used in 12 months). Sucky depreciation like the elantra yes-- but possibly much more of a discount. Worth investigating if true.

The mazda is a much better car and value than the elantra, as well as the others. Don't get a ticket getting to the dealer for any of the prices posted, they aren't that great as Hyundai doesn't need to deal. Their sales are great and they are playing their 8% of the market like a fiddle. Check out other options unless for some reason you really really want a Hyundai elantra or Sonata.

Good luck
    --jjf
  • Options
    newowner10newowner10 Member Posts: 227
    Their ad on the radio said they will triple all factory rebates on all 2009 Sonata. Up to 10,000 off MSRP. I do not believe it but that is their claim. I think it is Colonial Hyundai.
  • Options
    Personally, I would want a bit more off a $27000 Sonata limited than $10000. That said, it sure beats what people have been paying. (An 08 sonata limited used with avg miles has a trade in value of about $11000 the $20000 gls for about $10000)

About $7000 off msrp would be pretty good and what I would want off for the 09$20000 gls. I don't know if you if you can get it everywhere though. Hyundai sales aren't off much from last year, and they are working the customers in their 8% of market share pretty well.

Good luck
    --jjf
    Their ad on the radio said they will triple all factory rebates on all 2009 Sonata. Up to 10,000 off MSRP. I do not believe it but that is their claim. I think it is Colonial Hyundai.
  • Options
    scdelanscdelan Member Posts: 10
    Picked up my Sonata a few days ago. 09 auto GLS model with the popular equipment package (no sunroof), bluetooth, cargo mats.

19k-3k rebate - 500 loyalty = 15.5k + taxes + 250 doc fee

I'm very happy with the purchase so far. This was from Towne Hyundai in Denville. I HIGHLY recommend them. They weren't pushy at all and honored the price they quoted over the phone without any problems. If you're in Jersey or the tri-state area I absolutely recommend that you at least call for a quote. They treat you very well and it was definitely worth the hour drive from where I live - saved at least $500, probably more.
  • Options
    newburyportnewburyport Member Posts: 1
    Details of transcation
    09 gls auto 4 cyl
    popular power equip package with sunroof
    mudguards
    carpeted floor mats
    taxes (5% approx 800)
    all dealer fees for ....
    note-i got the 3K rebate not the 3500 due to not owning a hyundai
    17844.75 .. this was taking my trade in value of 500 hahaha and i have to pay to have plates transferred (100 smacks) ... i think i did alright ... three dealers told me they could beat that price and were full of sh*t
  • Options
    melbedewymelbedewy Member Posts: 5
    Route 44 Hyundai.

2009 Cherry Red 4 cylinder GLS
    Automatic
    Air
    AM/FM/CD
    Power Windows
    Power Locks
    Floor Mats
    2 remote controlled keys
    No other options

$15,500 including all doc. fees and everything else that doesn't go to the state (sales tax, registration, title fees).
    Any thoughts on whether this is good enough or is there enough cash on the table for me to run around to other dealers-I have already been to 3 and have played them off as best as I could.
  • Options
    i just saw an two ads in washington post classified (today) with the dealers selling new fully loaded automatic 2009 gls's for less than 10k, ~9xxx or 11x a month.
    besides the price, that was almost the exact wording i saw
    before, i thought they were selling 2008's for this price, but i very clearly remember 2009.

so when the people abouve me are saying they paid 14k-15k for this, is it after taxes?
    cuase i've seen deals on radio & ads for 3x rebates with up to 10k off msrp.

if the people who paid 15k without ttl, wouldnt it be better paying 5k more and getting a limited sonata?, i've only read of people getting limiteds 18k-22k

or is the prices between other states so much greater?

please reply :confuse:
  • Options
    This looks too good to be true. If something is too good to be true, it usually is.

Did you read all the fine print? Anything about "all rebates to dealer" (which could include $3000 general rebate, $500 loyalty rebate, military rebate, student rebate)? Anything about a minimum trade-in allowance that applies (I've seen that before in some sneaky ads)? Anything about the cars being loaners or demos? Anything about limited quanitities (hint: look for an invoice number)? Sometimes dealers mark down one car a lot, then of course it's sold right away but many other buyers come in looking for it, and they can be up-sold. Anything about the car having an automatic transmission? (Although $10k for a stick Sonata is also unbelievably low.)

If you are really interested in taking them up on their offer, why not call them and find out what the details are--then share them here.
  • Options
    wb9696wb9696 Member Posts: 9
    I was quoted a price of $19,250 + 389 processing fee + 578 Sales Tax(3%VA) = $20,217 for a 2009 Hyundai Sonata V6 Limited. Is this a good price? Please Reply!!!
  • Options
    What does your OTD come to?
  • Options
    ippolitippolit Member Posts: 4
    wb9696,

where did you get that quote?

I always compare with Fitzmall, they have one of the best prices around.
    Their best offer for V6 Limited + mats is 20.989 now and they told me they woudn't negotiate.
    I am in VA, too. Even though folks discuss here that Sonatas depreciate after one year like crazy, still looks so tempting.. My local dealer is out of question, so unreal in pricing.. Guess will need to travel so far to DC/MD area.

Thanks
  • Options
    updating my post

was quoted a price of $19,250 + 389 processing fee + 578 Sales Tax(3%VA) +$10 Title Fee + $38.75 State Licence Plate Fee = $20,265.75 for a 2009 Hyundai Sonata V6 Limited without Navigation Package. That is OTD price Is this a good price?
  • Options
    A dealer in East Tennessee. I though I should be able to get a better deal. I keep reading on here about $19,500 out the door and those are places that have a much higher sales tax on cars that VA @ 3%.
  • Options
    ippolitippolit Member Posts: 4
    wb9696,

could you post name of that dealership?
    I am in SW VA, Roanoke, so East Tennessee is closer than MD. ))

Thanks.
  • Options
    melbedewymelbedewy Member Posts: 5
    Haven't gotten to that point yet. I made it clear I would pay sales tax, registration and title fees with NO more markup or I would walk. I underlined the word "NO" on the paper I gave them. So we shall see. Supposed to hear from them tommorow as they search for a Cherry Red.
  • Options
    Since you're up in MA, it's not quite possible for a pure Apples-Apples... but I bought a Slate Blue (our color choice) just 2 1/2 weeks ago for $16,357 OTD with Package 2 (no sunroof) and Bluetooth... for the $800, mine was a bit of a better deal, but then again, I'm in VA. And I rolled in my taxes in that (you can go back about a page to get the full breakdown everywhich way).

But it may not be worth it to you to travel to (for example) Fitzmall in DC; they do good deals... and Colonial SEEMS to have very good prices, in the Pittsburgh area... but you'd have to travel a few hours to get down to either of them.
  • Options
    I got mine at Gary Rome Hyundai. I have an automatic 4 cyl. Slate Blue, with power seat but no sunroof. I got carpet mats, mudguards, ipod cable (which I did not really want anyway). I payed 17700$ OTD. I hope that this helps.
  • Options
    Ok as per my last post:

2009 Hyundai Sonata Gls auto msrp 20400
    avg sales price $16000 08 used trade in $10000 (kbb.com)

$2009 Hyundai Sonata LImited Msrp $27200
    Avg sales price $20000 08 used trade in value $11000

2009 Hyundai Elantra Gls auto (with pop pkg) msrp 17500
    Avg sales price $15000 08 used trade in value $10000

(someone look up this and keep me honest-perhaps do it on a camry for the group also)

2009 Honda accord exl v6 - leather sunroof audio auto etc msrp $27000
    Avg sale price $24000 08 used trade in $21000?

Any questions?
    - (Hint, the Sonata Gls or Elantra only begins to become attractive in the low 14000's)
    -Go for the other vehicles instead of the the Sonata limited. Eating almost $9000 to drive a Hyundai the 1st 12months seems uncool.

Good luck
    --jjf

updating my post

was quoted a price of $19,250 + 389 processing fee + 578 Sales Tax(3%VA) +$10 Title Fee + $38.75 State Licence Plate Fee = $20,265.75 for a 2009 Hyundai Sonata V6 Limited without Navigation Package. That is OTD price Is this a good price?
  • Options
    westernnywesternny Member Posts: 4
    Got a quote of $15,600 on a 2009 GLS Automatic with white exterior and floor mats. No loyalty, miltary discounts. This is a cash price with no tax or state fees. I offered $14,900 and they did not take it. I think they could have come down in price (i was quoted $15,600 over the phone, and then the same when I test drove the car). Is $15,600 too high or reasonable?
  • Options
    $14,900 is too low... I don't think there was anywhere near that much you could take it down.

You might be able to get a couple hundred off, maybe as low as $15,300 or you could get them to ADD something small (cargo net and IPOD cable or MAYBE as expensive as the BlueConnect system? My dealer threw in the IPOD cable without us even negotiating it into the price... we don't have an IPOD, though, as my wife prefers SANSA players; for those just a standard USB cable is good enough) . You probably can't do all of those, or get both a reduction further AND those.

So yeah, you're close to rock bottom.
  • Options
    ipod cable isnt much, you still paying the extra amount

and just wondering, as people dont really answer, am the dealers in your area not advertising prices like 10k or 9k?, i've seen ads with gls automatic with 10/100k or 20/200k warranties for 12k-14k like 2 months ago, nowadays i'm seeing gls auto fully loaded for 9k-10k

Are these ads just to lure people into dealers and then told that the cars sold?
    i found this also, the ads with really low prices are always in newspaper,

but heres hyundai sonata 2009 for 14k
    click sonata
    http://www.fairfaxhyundai.com/ou/fairfax-hyundai/console.do?page=n_vehicles

hyundai sonata limited 19k
    http://www.alexandriahyundai.com/new/index.cfm?&model=Sonata
  • Options
    mikebztmikebzt Member Posts: 44
    9-10K is not going to happen. I would think its a bait and switch but I do see 14-15K
  • Options
    mikebztmikebzt Member Posts: 44
    Can you get a GLS will the alloy rims? I hate hubcaps
  • Options
    Alloys are easy to add, either by your Hyundai dealer or (probably less $$) aftermarket.
  • Options
    Yes I have saw some unusual low ads. Always with an * posted beside the price all rebated included in price $3000 basic rebate, recent college grad, current military, current Hyundai owner then with the statement at the bottom NOT ALL customes will receive the car at the posted price. All the rebates added up total about $5,500. I only qualify for the $3,000 rebate and the lowest I have been quoted on a 2009 V6 Limited is $19,286. Still not worth it, I'm waiting for them to go lower much lower.
  • Options
    igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    Unfortunately, Hyundais still depreciate faster than most comparable Asian models. The Sonata is a great car, but don't buy one unless you plan to keep it several years. Chances are very good that you'll have negative equity for the first few years.....
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT