Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Vibration / Noise GMC truck 1999

Comments

• Options
    sdpiersonsdpierson Member Posts: 69
    Have you had any other problems with your 2500?
    I'm thinking of purchasing one.
    Any info is appreciated.
  • Options
    rcoosrcoos Member Posts: 167
    I have a 2000 Chevy Silverado X/C 4WD 4dr. Z71 pickup & I do not have any problems with the truck. It has almost 1000 miles on it. No shakes , rattles or vibrations.
    rcoos
  • Options
    white6white6 Member Posts: 588
    why not just replace the torque converter?
  • Options
    wanderer1_2wanderer1_2 Member Posts: 4
    The evil spirit is gone from my 99 GMC Sierra,4x4
    5.3 After four trips to the dealer, they finally flashed the computer to change the shift sequence in the transmission to shift into overdrive at a little higher speed. The grinding,groaning vibration is finnaly gone. For now I am a happy camper.I have had absolutely no other problems with this truck as of 13,500 miles.
  • Options
    wanderer1_2wanderer1_2 Member Posts: 4
    Almost forgot. There IS a service bulletin to this problem. Sorry I don't have a number with me.
  • Options
    dk105dk105 Member Posts: 2
    Abe10, did GM tell you the noise was caused by the torque converter? I have taken my truck back to the dealer several times re the vibration at 40 mph. They first said it was the torque con. but could be fixed by reprograming the computer. Now they are saying its the exhaust that is vibrating and GM knows about the problem, but they dont have a fix. They also said GM may never be able to fix the problem. I was thinking of trying to get them to buy back their 30K vibrating machine under the lemon law. If you could give me any info on how you won your case, it would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    marcmarc Member Posts: 21
    I had the same 40mph torque converter problem, In fact I was the one who started this subject. Anyway, they flashed the trans so the converter does not lock in until 53mph. That way here is so much road/wind noise it is harder to hear. Now, my mph is 13.6 50% hwy speeds of 65 mph and the rest in town mostly 30-40mph. I feel it should be better than this. I never checked the mph before they flashed the trans.
  • Options
    krc32krc32 Member Posts: 25
    I have a '99 1500 Extended Cab. Has the steering clunk at almost full turn, forward and reverse. They installed new coil insulators, made problem worse.
    Had launch shutter, first they reflashed the tranny, costing me 3-4 mpg. With no help for the actual problem. Then new rear leafs helped subside the shutter is all. I asked about the mpg, and they told me that for that little of a change there are to many other variances. But I have logged my mileage steady and they screwed it up, for a far fetched 3 minute fix.
    I have also thought that it is possible that the torque converter could cause the launch shutter that they have hidden with height adjustment. Haven't had enough weight YET to determine.
    It also shakes at 40 and 65 mph.
    Still in and out of service, with hopes still high, cause I just love the truck.
  • Options
    My mileage with a 4.8 was 17mpg in 50/50 city and highway, now 13-14mpg.
  • Options
    chevy4mechevy4me Member Posts: 203
    krc32 : I also had the reflash and it cut mileage some . The second set of leaf springs have settled some and the shudder is very noticeable again With any load it feels like the truck needs a tune up bad. My steering clunks at full turn backing up. I've had the driline shims,reflash,new style shackles,two sets of leaf springs and still have the shudder. my hopes are not so high anymore.
  • Options
    Do you believe it is possible that the tranny has something to do with the shudder? I have a 4L60 Auto Trans.
    Had a load the other day, shudder just as bad as ever.
    I feel they should just keep going forward...My driveshaft still isn't straight. Once that's done, I would HOPE for a new tranny.
    Right now I am trying to find some new plugs to get rid of the pings. I am going to try the NGK TR6's. One range colder than stock. But I am having quite a time locating them.
  • Options
    jxyoungjxyoung Member Posts: 156
    Has anyone ever had their truck act like it is in low gear? It has only happened about 3 times in 23000 miles but! I come to a light or stop sign and when I go to take off the truck acts like it does not want to go and starts very slowly like it is in a very low gear. After a few seconds it feels like it slips into the correct gear and takes off.
    I have a 99 auto 5.3 Z71.

Also on the Gas mileage. My uncle has a truck the same as mine but has the fleetside and his truck does get better mileage than mine. My truck gets 14.? and every once in a while I hit 15. Talked to the dealer about the tranny calibration at the chevy site that says it could affect fuel economy and the dealer said to print it and bring it to him?
    Have a feeling my tranny may have been upgraded and is costing me at the pump?
  • Options
    gregglesgreggles Member Posts: 1
    What version # is the flash that they've been loading into your trucks? I've considered having my new '00 Sierra updated with all the newest software, but if there's a version that lowers my MPG, then I'll pass till something better comes out.
  • Options
    rfrossrfross Member Posts: 15
    My 1999 Sierra extended cab, 4X4, Z71 has had the clanking problem while going over bumps. Only have 14,000 miles on it. It was manufactured at Pontiac East assembly plant.

Pot holes, speed bumps, rough roads all cause the problem. I've had it at the dealer at least twice for this problem and they can't find anything wrong. My bet is they haven't even driven it over bumps. I'm fed up having to continuously take it in and have the same problems when I pick it up.

A truck that stickered at $32,000 plus should not have these problems. I recently rented a new 2000 Silverado 4X4 non-Z71 from National Car Rental and it rode quietly over bumps without the clanking.

I also have the rattle noise up front when turning that I can feel through the steering wheel. When I first mentioned this they said they found a loose shock absorber and tightened it up. Loose shock at 13,000 miles? So much for quality. I still have the problem, by the way.

My 1996 Toyota Tacoma 4X4 'base model' that I sold to purchase the Sierra had no problems, no squeaks, no rattles in the 50,000 miles that I owned it. Guess I should never have gotten rid of it.

So to fix the problems for good I'm selling the truck! Yippee! My new 2000 VW Passat wagon is on order and will be here soon!
  • Options
    quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    I think you have a dealer problem. Everyone who has the steering rattle has had it fixed by getting the dealer to replace the steering intermediate F-shaft.
  • Options
    mlmitchell1mlmitchell1 Member Posts: 3
    My 2000 Silverado 5.3, extended cab, z71 was purchased last September. 19k miles; 17.5 - 18.5 mpg consistently; 11-12.2 mpg towing 5000 lb travel trailer. No problems. Has not been to dealer to fix anything. I am thrilled with the vehicle. I hope the vibrations and rattles I am hearing about here are not yet to come.
  • Options
    nerdnerd Member Posts: 203
    Finally! Someone has reported (#147) the same vibration problem as I am having with my 2000 Sierra. My truck is equipped with the 4.3L V6 and auto trans. The vibration occurs at 1000 rpm and is especially noticeable when the transmission upshifts into overdrive at 40mph.
  • Options
    nerdnerd Member Posts: 203
    Finally! Someone has reported (#147) the same vibration problem as I am having with my 2000 Sierra 1500. My truck is equipped with the 4.3L V6, auto trans and 2WD. The vibration occurs at 1000 rpm and is especially noticeable when the transmission upshifts into overdrive at 40mph. The dealer told me that GM knows of this problem and is working on a remedy. GM says that the problem originated when they redesigned the connection between the exhaust manifold and exhaust pipe; the new connection allows the exhaust system to "tune up" at 1000rpm. The dealer installed a flex pipe just ahead of the muffler, but they knew that it would be only partially effective. GM has told the dealer that the permanent fix will be to reprogram the computer, but they have not committed to a release date. I don't see how this will fix the problem, but I'll give them a chance because I have been pleased with the truck otherwise. I would be interested to hear what anyone else has found out about this problem.
  • Options
    page3page3 Member Posts: 54
    I too have the steering clunk when turning. I have taken it to my dealer and was told there is no fix for it. They changed the steering shaft and it did go away for awhile but it came back. I was told to check back with them later for updated info on a fix. By the way... this noise is not a problem when on smooth roads,only when on rough roads while turning.
  • Options
    tedz2tedz2 Member Posts: 4
    is anyone hearing a clicking sound coming from their 99 or 2000 GM 5.3 vortec engine?
  • Options
    I have the 4.8 and have the clicking pretty severe. After changing plugs and gaps with no effect, I believe now that it is an exhaust leak. Do you notice it quit if the front end bobs up from a hump in the road? That's what mine does...there are topics in here that go more into it. It seems to be pretty common. Still haven't seen a "permanent fix" yet.
  • Options
    ricschricsch Member Posts: 540
    My truck is a '00 Silverado 4dr. ext. cab 2wd, 5.3 V8, automatic,with 3.42 rear axle,Z85 susp.
    Have a vibration at 65-70mph in steering wheel and felt through seats also. After several wheel balancing sessions at the dealer, new General P255-70R16 tires were installed, with no change, then had Michelin LTX M/S tires installed, with no luck. Dealer claimed that before the new Generals were installed, they had put 4 wheels and tires from a new truck in stock on my truck and the vibes were gone-I didn't drive the truck at that time (I should have!)I appreciate the info from this site as I now have proof that there is a problem and it isn't only my truck with it. I would like to see any info from others with more advice on what items to check for this annoying vibration, and possible solutions-ready to take steps to have GM buy the truck back!
  • Options
    obyoneobyone Member Posts: 7,841
    What seems to be a common problem is the 60-70 mph vibration. The general consensus is that the problem lies in a very sensitive rack and pinion. Been through two sets of Generals and 1 set of Michelins. No dice...problem still exists. The dealer is going to take one last shot at it this coming Wednesday. I don't know if your dealer has or has used the EVA2 (electronic vibation analyzer)on your truck. Mine is going to try it on mine. I think they are going to verify that the vibrations are in the rack. Go over to the topic #1638 Silverado vibration II and look up post #251. It seems to be the only logical solution we have seen up to this point. Good luck!
  • Options
    lincoln5lincoln5 Member Posts: 40
    I had the 60 to 70 mph vibration and it wasn't the rack and pinion. It was tires, wheels and springs.
  • Options
    done that...changed tires, wheels, front coil insulators, rear leafs...and it still vibrates...
  • Options
    nrd525nrd525 Member Posts: 109
    Now that my truck is broken in,I took it on a couple of higher speed shots to see what it does.
    Well,it didn't do anything,except go nice and straight,no shakes except the normal wind and when a semi was passed.
    I had it at 60,70,80,and 90 for a short time,and it was a very nice ride.Not hairy like it was in my old K5 Blazer.
    My truck is a '00 Sierra SLE 1500 4dr Z71 with 265 Firestone wilderness tires.Still getting 15+MPG.
    Have any of you put it on a chassis dyno to see what's going on?I found out I had a slightly(very slight)bent driveshaft on a car I had.The guy who ran it put a strobe light on the shaft,and "froze" the motion.It was kind of neat seeing the shaftmove up and down like it did.I had a new one made,and it solved the problem that had ruined 3 pinion seals,and caused me about a hundred headaches.Not to mention,the $$$.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. Talked to the dealer service advisor-still doesn't believe it's in the rack or steering, even though the steering wheel shakes. He feels it's in the spindle, hub or rotor, which seem unlikely that it only becomes noticable at 65-70mph. He claims they used an EVA2 on the truck and found anything. Today the truck is at an independent alignment shop (dealer's recomendation)Going to put the front wheels on a machine which can spin wheels at highway speeds on the truck-we'll see what happens. I'll post the results soon. (Truck is a '00 2wd ext.cab 4dr)
  • Options
    tedz2tedz2 Member Posts: 4
    The noise my truck makes comes and goes. It sounds like a lifter tapping and squeill almost as if something is running dry. I took it to the dealer when it first started at 500mi. They heard the noise as soon as i drove it into the bay. The service tech said it sounded like a piston and i might need a new engine!
    They said to leave it with them and they would check it out.
    A week later the called me to pick it up and the told me that the enginers at GM said to change the oil to 10w30 and drive it for another 1000mi and see if the noise goes away. While the dealer had it the could not duplicate the noise after the oil change , but the day after i picked it up it started again.
    The truck now has 1400mi on it and still makes noise at least once a day.
    I have been told that the 5.3 is a new motor and in some of the the pistons do not fit quite right.
    I also have a 93fullsize blazer with a 5.7 and 73kmi and gmc 1500 seria with a 5.7 and 200kmi neither one have ever made any such noises. I hope that my
    luck has not run out!
  • Options
    truckchictruckchic Member Posts: 105
    Your truck is the one I'm going to look at....do you mind me asking the following?
    where do you live - state wise?
    how much did you pay for your GMC Sierra and when?
    I'm looking at the 2000 GMC Sierra 4x4 ext cab SLE 4 door......trying to figure a good price. I'm not looking at a lot of extras - the base cover most of what I'm looking for (power windows, doorlocks, steering, autotran, cloth, etc)

Thanks for the advise
  • Options
    ronnukeronnuke Member Posts: 3
    My 1999 5.3 liter Z71 with Autotrac was flawless for the first 5000 miles but then I started hearing squeaks and rumbles when in Autotrac auto mode. Now I know why and how to fix both. Thanks to these postings. The squeaks were due to the fact that I had installed some step bars which required that I use the existing body mount bolts to bolt on the step bars. Well I guess I didn't retorque them right or perhaps I need to put some locktite on the threads, but that is what caused my squeaks. Just tightening the bolts stopped the squeaks temporarily, I am going to try putting the locktite on the mounting bolts this weekend. I think that after I removed the bolts the first time I made them susceptible to vibrating loose. If that doesn't work I will take it to the dealer and have them change the pads and bolts. As for the roaring or rumbling in Autotrac, it is the front driveshaft turning underfoot (normal) fix: turn up the stereo. Ha Ha.
  • Options
    harleydudeharleydude Member Posts: 5
    I went to arbitration today for my 1999 GMC sierra 2wd sportside reg cab 5.3l, 3.42 axle,steel wheels, for the infamous 65 mph vibration, i bought this truck new in 5/99, waited for 5 months since i ordered it ,it shook since day one, put new wider,taller tires on it ,this helped some, went to dealer ten times, all he did was balance the tires to no avail, swapped tires and aluminum wheels from new truck,test drove it, perfect, dealer said it was the tires, no it was the steel wheels, found 3 bent steel wheels at another tire dealer, told dealer and he said he could not help me, so off to the better business bureau i went today, will know the out come in 5 days.
  • Options
    Has your dealer done anything in regards to the rack bushings? I am waiting for the "dithering kit" which contains different bushings and is supposed to cure the problem-gotta wonder if it's true. As of today, my '00 2wd x-cab still has a vibration in the 65-70mph area, even after 18 different tires have been installed on the alum. rims. A GM engineer has even checked out the vehicle with an EVA vibe analyzer and claimed it was tires,found 1 tire supposedly that was not acceptable and replaced it, only to still have the problem. Talked to a Chev customer rep and he even told me there are a few things that can be checked , one being the bushings, to correct this problem. I told this guy I'm tired of the b.s. and want a solution-fix the truck or take it back!! We'll see what happens after the next visit to the dealer. I still think GM is dragging their feet on a problem they know about. And funny no magazines have had problems with their test trucks isn't it?
  • Options
    with the vibrations, rear window wind noise, etc. In fact it may have been edmunds.com long term test drive on a 1500 slt.
  • Options
    downeast1downeast1 Member Posts: 18
    I thought I was the only one that had that "honking" sort of sound coming from the rear end of my 1999 SLT Z71 4X4. Have had since dealer replaced a rear spring that was sagging. First thought is was rear brake pad but its in the springs or shackles someplace. Will bring this to attention of dealer now. Also have the loose or rattle type feeling in steering too, that started at about 18,000 miles, will bring that to dealer's attention too along with the "fix". Also have problem with throttle sticking closed in AM. Traced this to bell crank on throttle body, have to get that fixed too.Other than these problems which appear to fixable,I have had no other problems except the soft brake pedal and I have learned to live with that, the truck does stop OK.I bought my truck in Feb.,1999, waited 2 months , I think it was made in Canada
  • Options
    mrurlmrurl Member Posts: 116
    Were you able to find out what specific part of teh VIN is involved? If we knew, we could check our trucks. I don't have the vibration, but it wouldn't hurt to know.

Peter
  • Options
    The bulletin makes reference to which vehicles may be affected by VIN #'s (before or after-I don't have the bulletin available as I type this)and the build location.
  • Options
    posted there, I have the inforegarding VIN numbers, hope this helps anyone with the problem.
  • Options
    themailman1themailman1 Member Posts: 95
    I have a 2000 sierra 4x4, short bed, 4.8 with 3.73. I just got back from the dealer for the shimmy at 60mph, they said bad tires, goodyear, they ordered new ones. I also have the grinding noise at 40 mph, which they said was normal because of the hollow drive shaft. The engine runs a little rough at idle, they said it was in spects. The truck has 2800 miles on it. I said to the service manager, " if i wanted all these problems, i wouldn't have bought the truck". I think he nows i am looking for a buyback and he is trying to bs me with all these tech answers.
    DUHHHHH, not with me he's not. Oh, the tsb was only for 2wd
  • Options
    harleydudeharleydude Member Posts: 5
    just got the letter from the bbb, technical experts report said it was a manufacturing defect, gmc will call to arrange the buyback within 5 days.no more shaking and no more truck, just don"t know what to buy now,i want a truck but i am scared of the gm product line now.
  • Options
    marcmarc Member Posts: 21
    The grinding noise at 40mph is probably the locking torque converter. They programed my trans and now mine will not lock in until I hit 53mph. Now the best I get is 13.5mpg with 1/2 highway, the other city driving mostly 35-40. No stop and go traffic in my town.
  • Options
    burnhoutburnhout Member Posts: 3
    This is my first posting.I wish I knew about this
    site before buying my truck.
    I traded my 97 Sierra for a new 1999,2wd,extended
    cab SLE,with the 5.3L,limited-slip rear end and
    towing package and suspension. I love it but....

I have the Launch Shudder....which was greatly
    reduced by my Service Dept. by rotating my
    driveshaft as directed by GM. There is still a
    minor shudder when towing.
    My throttle body has been replaced because it was sticking.
    I managed to break the Lumbar support in my seat(I
    weigh about 200lbs). This took the longest to fix!
    Luckily, there are currently no vibrations.

Recently I developed a new problem that I'm having
    no luck with. When stopping AND pulling away there
    is a clunk. It is not audible but rather feels
    like bad U-joints (its not). Sometimes its bad,
    others hardly noticeable. It's not there if I
    stop in neutral (even real hard)and the clunk on
    take-off only occurs if preceded by a clunk
    when stopping. I was told it had to do with the
    suspension ( have firm ride )but it feels more
    like driveline. The driveshaft splines have been
    greased with the proper yellow stuff (twice).No
    effect and it seems worse on hot days ( I
    started noticing it when spring arrived ). Can
    anyone help ?
  • Options
    ovalleyovalley Member Posts: 135
    Some people had luck with some form of rubber shoe or doughnut placed on the rear leaf springs. It seems that the leaf springs slap together. This rubber insert dampens the noise. Your dealer should know about this.
  • Options
    The Clunk doesn't feel like a suspension slap.
    When pulling away it feels like backlash in the
    drivetrain. You get the clunk first and then
    start moving, not get the clunk while you start
    moving.....like bad U-joints(but its not). The
    dealer mentioned the slap but did not mention the
    rubber. It may be worth trying just to eliminate
    that as the cause. There is also no noise when
    it happens. Thanks...
  • Options
    Thanks "obyone". Another great site. Several
    comments describing a similiar problem.It sounds
    like no cure, only improvements.
    I have noticed many complaints of Launch Shudder
    and/or low speed vibrations. This sounds
    similiar to my launch shudder, but no one has
    mentioned the fix my dealer did. It didn't solve
    it completely but reduced it by 75%. As per GM
    (they mentioned a TSB but I don't know the
    number)they ground off the key on the driveshaft
    and rotated it a certain number of splines
    (different for 2wd or 4wd ). They said the
    driveshaft is "out of phase" with the tranny. It
    sure made a difference.Maybe this helps someone.
  • Options
    quadrunner500quadrunner500 Member Posts: 2,721
    Not sure about a clunk...but mine would occasionally make a "honk" noise when accelerating while going over a bump. Curious thing is, if I change the driveline angle by increasing the pressure in my air lift pneumatic helper springs to raise the rear ride height above the normal stock ride height, it goes away.

You could notice the honk on mine if you step on the brake, give it the gas to torque up the driveline while holding the brake on, then let off the gas while still holding the brake on.
  • Options
    eetoreetor Member Posts: 10
    We had a long-term 99 GMC Sierra 4x4 XLT extended cab with the regular box and didn't experience any major problems during its stay at www.automotive-review.com. I'm a sports car guy and i really miss that truck. The power, the safety, the utility, the comfort of those huge front leather buckets and the rear is the most commodious of any extended cab as well - better than some of the new four-door jobs. i did find that the ABS interveens too quickly and doesn't return stopping power quick enough after it does.
    We did have a guy qrite in though that said his vehicle vibrated badly even at idle. GM, after not being able to fix it, gave him a new truck and took the other back to study it to find the problem.
  • Options
    tiredofwaitingtiredofwaiting Member Posts: 74
    Will my truck ever be fixed?
    I purchased my GMC Sierra on June 26, 1999 from Mitchell Chevrolet/GMC Truck in West Point, MS. I took it back two weeks later because I thought it had a wheel that was not balanced. When I came to pick it up, the service manager told me it was a defect that GM was working to correct and he would let me know when GM had a procedure to fix it. I kept checking back. All the while the vibration was getting worse while he repeatedly assured me GM was working on a solution. The truck vibrated when you first accelerated from a stop. It vibrated between 35 & 40 MPH. It vibrated and shimmed at 65 & 70 mph. The passenger seat vibrates back and forth like a 25 cent motel bed while at highway speeds. The broken seat belt rattles in the background constantly. The dash rattle is getting louder. During November I called and he told me the dealership was forced to buy a $10,000 tire machine to combat the vibration problems in the new trucks. He said GM now had a fix for the problem; it entailed replacing my springs and balancing my tires on. He ordered the parts. They came in and I made an appointment to install them in December. I took the truck in and left it while I was out of town. When I came to pick it up, I was told they determined that new General tires were needed before they could put on the springs. They ordered the tires. I waited and called and waited and called, still no tires. Finally I called back in May, he said, “yeah I believe the tires are in.” I made an appointment for June 12th, planning to leave the truck for an extended period of time and have the many other problems that were piling up corrected at the same time. Included in these were: sticking throttle, whining transmission, pops and creaks from the front springs while backing up, groans from the power steering unit, loud wind noise from the rear windows, rattle in the dash, exploded shock absorber, broken rear seatbelt, premature engagement of the ABS system, rough idle, and it goes dead sometimes if it is not allowed to idle until warm.

Took in the morning of June 12th, they said there was a mix up and did not have a loaner car. I should come back the next day. I Return June 13th, and I was given a Buick Century. I might add someone had just dropped it off; it was just plain nasty inside, smells like smoke, ashes cigarettes everywhere, my little girl even found a razor blade under the seat. I checked back at end of week. They have not done anything. The next week they balance the tires.... it still vibrates. Two and a half weeks later they have done nothing further. They are supposed to address all the other issues listed above during this visit. Service manager says they are doing it a little at a time will work it all out. Three and a half weeks into this I started talking to him about a GM buy back and tell him I am calling GM for a case number. The next day my truck is in the shop suddenly and they are going to work late that night to get the parts on it. I come in the following morning and they have not worked on it, but promise they are about to start. That afternoon I drive it with new springs. It still vibrates. Next day they swap a drive shaft out of a 2000 Silverado, No help. That afternoon the swap the wheels and tires with the same new truck. At this point it actually vibrates worse. About this time I notice they have dropped by hitch on the ground, bending the light connector housing up. We flake bits of paint off of it together and the Service Manager assures me he will replace it. Then he takes me out to drive a couple of 2000’s on the lot. One vibrates, not as bad as mine though. Both have no transmission whine or wind noise however. It is interesting that one has 400 miles on the odometer and a feathered tire on the left front wheel. The Service Manager suggests it is a dealer transfer and they probably swapped a problem tire off of a vibrating customer’s truck. He says he will call the GM District Manager and find out how to proceed. The next day I go back twice, by the afternoon he finally says the GM DM says to order new tires that will fix it. New tires? I said we just put new tires on yesterday. He said they were defective the new ones would be in spec, stiffer sidewalls. Does that mean the 2000s on the lot have defective tires? Guess so. My Sierra has been in the shop for 36 straight days and the only problems they claim to have repaired is the sticking throttle and the exploded shock absorber. Oh, one other note, I complained about the nasty loaner car. They gave me the service department truck to drive; it only has 80,000 miles on it. The fun never stops. The GM satisfaction center will not give me the name of the Distract Manager. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and sent GM a certified letter asking for a replacement truck. I guess all I can do is wait for the tires. The Service Manager assures me he will have them in 3 days. Last time he order tires for me it took 4 months! I have no confidence in there being able to fix my truck properly. The latest repair for vibration that GM has proposed actually includes welding on the frame!

I am building a web site we can use to share information and voice our dissatisfaction to GM. Please email me if you still own a defective truck, the nature of the defect(s), and if you resolved it, how you did.
    I believe there is strength in numbers and we can help each other stand up against General Motors.
    Web address: <<A HREF="http://drive.to/agmlemon">http://drive.to/agmlemon&gt;
    Email address: < mailto:gm_lemon@bigfoot.com>

Thanks,
    Clay Hodges
  • Options
    Back in Dec.'99 you mentioned about the carrier bearing causing vibration possibly and you were having someone look into it further. What was the outcome? Did it alleviate any vibes?
  • Options
    I you are not satisfied with your truck please
    email me the details of your ownership experience.
    I will post them to a web site devoted to problems
    with GM trucks and will also forward to several
    people in GM management. Maybe if they continually
    get these emails, they will be forced to retrofit
    ALL trucks with fixes incorporated into the 2001
    design.

Thanks,
    Clay Hodges
    <<A HREF="http://gm_lemon@bigfoot.com">gm_lemon@bigfoot.com>
    <<A HREF="http://drive.to.agmlemon">http://drive.to.agmlemon&gt;
  • Options
    Oops wrong web address...I dotted when I should have slashed..try it now.
    <<A HREF="http://gm_lemon@bigfoot.com">gm_lemon@bigfoot.com>
    <<A HREF="http://drive.to/agmlemon">http://drive.to/agmlemon&gt;
This discussion has been closed.