Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mazda6 Sedan

Comments

• Options
    pyranhamdpyranhamd Member Posts: 15
    Picked up my Steel Grey 6s MT last Thursday, and am absolutely in love with the car. The only color that I liked even remotely as much as the grey is the yellow, and I would have had to order one in that color. To each his own, but IMO the Steel Grey is an absolutely GORGEOUS color.
  • Options
    manavimanavi Member Posts: 150
    How long did you spend at the Rev-It-Up?

Were there any activites for little kids?
  • Options
    bluem6ibluem6i Member Posts: 77
    "To each his own, but IMO the Steel Grey is an absolutely GORGEOUS color."

And that's all that matters, it is in the eyes of the beholder.

My wife initially wanted the yellow, but changed her mind while at the lot. She's teaches high school and didn't want to have all the boy-racers wanting to challenge her. She's also a "car is just an appliance" kind of person that hates to drive. Lately, she has been coming up with a lot of reasons to drive someplace. She says it's the best friggin' car she ever had and ALMOST likes to drive now.
  • Options
    mazdamarlamazdamarla Member Posts: 350
    Steel Gray was my first initial color choice. But my husband had a Nissan truck that was a little lighter in color than that, and after a while it was like "ugh - GRAY". Plus, I saw one that was kinda dirty at a dealer lot and thought it didn't look all that good unless it was really really clean so the metallic can sparkle/shine through. So I ended up ordering the Speed Yellow. :D
  • Options
    jroger19jroger19 Member Posts: 27
    I find it interesting that some posters here think that performance does not matter to auto buyers. The thing to remember about the auto market is that it is highly segmented--that is, there are lots of different types of buyers out there, with very different wants and needs. Research I have seen says that most buyers do not have performance top of mind---but on the other hand many of them can reject a car because it is underpowered, has poor steering, etc. A minority really does care about performance, and votes with their pocketbook. In any case the market is so big--call it 15-16MM vehicles in the US this year--that a vehicle like the 6 can achieve decent volume if it can target a specific, performance-oriented segment.
  • Options
    regfootballregfootball Member Posts: 2,166
    a

greed
  • Options
    aromasaromas Member Posts: 314
    The 6 Lnelson saw must have had the wheel covers. I have the 6s with a lip spoiler and sport grille but no GFX and I wish I had a dollar everytime someone gave me a thumbs up or complimented the looks. Wheel covers should be outlawed, they make any car look ugly, even a G35 I saw one time with winter tires and steel rims unfortunately that guy had no choice.

The 6 is easily the best looking midsize out there and it's clean design will prevent it from looking dated for a very long time. You know your car looks hot when teenagers on the street stare at it.
  • Options
    shawnvtshawnvt Member Posts: 13
    Well, I have to say I like the steel gray metallic becuase I own a 6i in that color. It was really a toss-up between the black and gray. I think the gray will look pretty sharp with the windows tinted up...that will happen in a month when I mve from VA to TN where the tint laws are less strict. Anyone know of a good tint shop in the Knoxville area?

I have posted this before, but here are some okay pics of my car...

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/shkelly2/public/Mazda6/New%20Car.htm

BUT, who cares what color car you have...it is what you think that matters

Shawn
  • Options
    Looking up the RX-8 at the Canadian Mazda site and they have titanium grey offered, so let's hope it's coming for the 6. That color looks soooo good but I think it would be better suited for the 6 than the RX-8. The RX-8 looks awesome and is really not that expensive considering the raves it's getting for it's performance. I'm saving up now. I want that car for my midlife crises. I don't care what it takes, I want that car. In red or maybe yellow or maybe black. The blue looks kinda cool too. Mazda I thank you for making this car. First the 6 and now this magnificent pagen beast. You are the Michael Jordan of carmakers and I vow to remain loyal.

Toolman, thanks for the pics.
  • Options
    alcjewalcjew Member Posts: 173
    Seems like the 6 is doing a lot better in sales elsewhere (Europe & Asia/Orient) except in North America. This may be due to better option choices, and they also have the hatchback and wagon to select.
    Several factors, to me, seem to be hurting the M6 sedan sales in NA:
    1) Potential buyers are having a hard time getting the options or pricing they want,
    2) buyers are going to wait for the 6 wagon, 6 hatch, MazdaSpeed6, RX-8 or the M3,
    3) buyers not wanting to buy a 1st year car, waiting for the 1st year bugs to shakeout (don't have any problems with my 1st year 6 so far),
    4) and like stretch stated: "Shame on your marketing, Mazda." at least in NA.
    These are just a few IMO.

Some info on the RX-8 arrival in the UK:
    http://www.carpages.co.uk/mazda/mazda_to_woo_fleets_with_range_to- pping_rx8_29_04_03.asp
  • Options
    I think the 6 is suited perfectly for european tastes. They don't adhere to the "bigger is better" philosophy due to higher gas prices so H.P. is not really important. Having gone to Europe several times my impression is people tend to value handling and nimble cars to get around their congested streets so the 6 fits them to a tee. I guess that's why they don't offer the bigger engine there. In N.A. we like our big [non-permissible content removed] trucks and cars and our higher standard of living allows that luxery.

alcjew: You said you're planning to get the RX-8 in the future. We definately have to start a owners club for that car. My goal is to get 1 before I turn 40 which gives me 4 1/2 years.
  • Options
    fowler3fowler3 Member Posts: 1,919
    For some it looks too close to black. For others it looks like "business class", or "luxurious", and with GFX the buyer wanted both. If a Mercedes is a sports sedan, regradless of the color, then so is the 6.

My impression of Steel Grey is that either the paint or the interior upholstery should be lighter for better contrast. They are too close, as in black on black. Put another way, it's about as apetizing, to look at, as cream cheese on a slice of white bread.

The new Mazda3, which replaces the Protegé in 2004, was shown at the New York Auto Show in a beautiful medium grey with beige trim. Very European. Many EU car companies have no problem with blue and beige together. You see that combo in the BMW roadster.

fowler3
  • Options
    maltbmaltb Member Posts: 3,572
    Looking up the RX-8 at the Canadian Mazda site and they have titanium grey offered, so let's hope it's coming for the 6. That color looks soooo good but I think it would be better suited for the 6 than the RX-8.

The Japanese made Mazda6 is available in the titanium gray that the Miata has and the RX-8 will be offered in. I have seen a 6 up close in this color and it looks very nice. If you want a pic, I might be able to spot it. why they sell it here in the states with the nasty silver color is beyond me. It must be the Ford influence at AAI.
  • Options
    The 6es silver looks like the clear coat has worn off and it oxidized. If Mazda had only used the Protegé's silver it would be beautiful.

While others think about chipping the I-4 or the V6, I think about having a 6 repainted a brighter silver and buying aftermarket leather in that light burgandy BMW uses in the M3 convertable. ;)

fowler3
  • Options
    Ouch, my car's silver. Now you're giving me a complex. The color looks the same on the 6 as it does on the Pro from what I can see. IMO I think the silver looks great on the 6, I know it's a common color but there's a reason, it always looks clean and easy to maintain. but I would take the titanium grey. I have seen pictures of the 6 in that color. Having owned dark cars, it got tiring having to wash my car 3 times a week as well as having to deal with swirl marks. Maybe the silver 6's that you've seen haven't been washed in a month. I wax mine once a month and it glistens pretty good to me and I get alot of compliments on the color.

There are certain colors on the 6 that I find ugly but I would never post it because it's all subjective(especially colors) It's not like an Accord in which everybody and their mother all praise it for it's ugliness. I wouldn't want to stomp all over their feelings like you just did to me. Excuse me while I go have a good cry.

Okay I feel better now, but you have to admit even the RX-8 would look good in silver.
  • Options
    glideslopesglideslopes Member Posts: 431
    Last week I had my Silver Pro ES parked next to a Glacier Silver 6 without the S/P. The silver looks identical to the silver on my 00 Pro ES.

Mark.
  • Options
    wolverine_xwolverine_x Member Posts: 54
    Mazda 6 Hatchback may be $2000 more expensive than the sedan when it comes here in the US. At least this is the way its going in Europe.And that is with the 2.0 variety, not the 2.3 or the V6.

If that happens, WOW- isnt it pricey?
  • Options
    ambullambull Member Posts: 255
    Yes, that is pricey. I hope it doesn't happen here.
    Regarding colors, I saw a copper colored 6 on another site and it looked great. That's what I would like to have.
  • Options
    dinu01dinu01 Member Posts: 2,586
    It will certainly be pricier and $2000 more sounds about right. You get the benefits of a wagon while maintaining the sexier (IMO) shape of a sports sedan.

Now the question will be: Will the top of the line M3 with the 2.3L engine, fully loaded (side air bags, sunroof, 17" rims, all power) be more expensive than a base 4cyl M6?

I think Mazda will move upscale with the M3 in that the HB/wagon (current P5) could be more expensive than the base M6.

If that's the case, I better grab a 2003 PRO since pics of the M3 sedan make it look like an ugly 2003 Corolla. Yuck! But the wagon is nice.

Dinu
  • Options
    buggywhipbuggywhip Member Posts: 188
    IMO, it's a safe bet that the Mazda6 hback will be more expensive than the sedan. Hbacks have an economy image; Mazda will probably attempt to move it upscale by pricing it higher and loading it with options. I guess my dream of a $18,500 stripped hback has now died. I'll probably go with the Focus hback--same engine, after all............the Mazda6 isn't selling all that well b/c it lacks perceived value. For the same price or less, one can get a roomier Accord or Camry. Here in MA, an Altima--a far bigger and more substantial auto--is only $500 more than the 6. Easy decision.
  • Options
    Easy decision? In favour of the M6 for me (if I had the $ I would order one now - M6 GS MT w/Sport Package here in Canada), but I can understand how in NA where bigger is better (generally-speaking) the Alti would be the choice for most ppl.

Personally, the M6 is IMO the perfect blend b/w go-kart driving fun and comfort. It rides MUCH better than the PRO, yet it still delivers smiles per miles. And as a HUGE bonus it's not as big as an Alti or Camry, which makes it more tossable and easier to drive.

Altima -vs- 6: Altima has established itself as a sporty sedan, while the 6 struggles b/c it's a Mazda (which ties it with Ford and makes it undesirable for those that just go by word of mouth and don't research it thoroughly (aromas' "the Dude" episode) and doesn't have Nissan's famous V6.

Dinu
  • Options
    Does anyone have an opinion on the 6i oil filter? I noticed it is a cartridge filter with some O-rings. I had a real bad experience with a cartridge set up on my first car (67 Chevelle with a 283 V8). It was tricky to get the cartridge canister to seal correctly with the O-ring. I was able to eventually replace the cartridge setup with a spin on adapter.

I quit changing my own oil years ago, but am a little worried about having the same problem with an inexperienced quick lube mechanic. I will most likely go to the dealer for oil changes (only $19.95 and often has an internet coupon for $14.95), but you never know when it might not be convenient to get to the dealer.
  • Options
    Reasons?

1. Cheaper than any quick lube place ($27-vs- $32+)

2. NO BS from Mazda in case I need warranty work done

3. Gives me time to see, sit in and test drive other cars.

Dinu
  • Options
    "I always go to Mazda for oil changes for my PRO"

Same with my Pro, almost a year old and all 3 were done by the dealer. It does take a whole lot more time though, upwards to 2 hours (which includes the 1 hour roundtrip travel time).
  • Options
  • Options
    cookie01cookie01 Member Posts: 369
    I'm sad too!
    Everyone bashing my beautiful car. "Sniff"...

But seriously. That's why they come in different colors.

I would have gone for a navy blue had they made one in that (they should, it would rock). But the Lapis was a bit too trendy for me and the hubby didn't like it.
    I would have gone with Redfire like Stretch, it's by far my favorite color on the car.
    But I love my Grey... it's very metalic and shines like crazy when I clean it (about once a week).. And in different levels of light it shows up different tones. On a bright sunny day the car is nearly green. At night it's very black. There are times the grey just looks hot.

love it.
    Get stares all the time... (or is that me?)
  • Options
    markjennmarkjenn Member Posts: 1,142
    Someone on here has done their own oil changes and says the cartridge is no big deal. I'd prefer a spin-on too (why did someone at Ford or Mazda feel like they needed to solve a problem that didn't exist?) but it would have a "virtually zero" influence on my choice of a car, right down there with the color of the tire jack.

If any consolation, $100K Mercedes have cartridge filters too.

- Mark
  • Options
    stretchsjestretchsje Member Posts: 700
    Actually, the cartridge filter has a screw at the bottom used to drain the oil from the filter before removing it. Believe it or not, it makes this a cleaner than normal installation- I think the cartridge might be a blessing.

Personally, I don't care too much either.
  • Options
    mike1770mike1770 Member Posts: 20
    I was at the rev-it-up event for about 5 hours and could've probably spent a little more time there, but I was pretty tired at that point. I don't have kids, so didn't notice any activities specifically for them. If you've registered for the competition event, I probably would consider leaving the kids behind -- you'll spend most of your time waiting in line for the clinics. Otherwise, if you're just doing the test drives, you can take 'em along with you. No passengers are allowed during the clinic driving.
  • Options
    newcar31newcar31 Member Posts: 3,711
    "a little worried about having the same problem with an inexperienced quick lube mechanic. I will most likely go to the dealer for oil changes"

Don't assume that the guy or gal at the dealer is going to be any more experienced than a quick lube "mechanic". I worked at a quick lube through high school and college. I also worked at a Ford dealer running parts. The guys the Ford dealer had to change oil weren't any more professional or knowledgeable about changing oil than the people I worked with at the quick lube. Matter of fact, one of the local Mazda dealers here employs a former quick lube co-worker of mine. They're the same breed and they come and go often. You're going to find meatheads no matter where you go........which is why I change my own oil.

I get a synthetic oil change with an OEM filter for the price most people pay to have the dealer or quick lube place do it with regular oil. It's a good deal and it only takes about 15 minutes. The main reason why I do my own oil changes though is because I KNOW it was done right.
  • Options
    My 6 is the same color as yours so I was dissing both of our cars. I did order it sight unseen (or I would have picked another color), but when my short lease is up, I might get a different color.
  • Options
    thegreatvudinithegreatvudini Member Posts: 103
    Post a pic of you in your 6. Let's see if it's you or the car. ;)
  • Options
    jroger19jroger19 Member Posts: 27
    I have a number of friends at Mazda who would be very interested in understanding more about the comments about Mazda marketing that have appeared here. Could you all give me a better understanding of your views of Mazda marketing?
  • Options
    I don't understand "zoom-zoom". What is that? It's a goofy kid and a similarly childish song with various shots of a Mazda cars. They may be driving fast through turns, but the pictures do not focus on that nor do they invoke any emotion. Mazda advertises the zoom-zoom song with the car, not the zoom-zoom emotion. We're told the '6 has 220hp... so what? The Altima and Accord have more, what about the '6 is unique? Why should I shop it? Emotion in motion are what all Mazda cars are about, and it is paramount that this be realized in the commercials.
  • Options
    The Camry SE commercial, with the man driving backwards on the freeway and doing 360 degree spins- now that is a good advertisement. That's exactly the kind of fun I expect to have (and want, and shop for) in a Mazda, but instead the Camry advertises it as its claim to fame, and we all know the '6 is much better suited for acrobatics when compared with the Camry.
  • Options
    (1) Copycat commercials: i.e. a silver car zooming on a twisty road....is it a Lincoln LS, is it a BMW, is it an MB, a Q45, or what? To get recognition Mazda needs to do better than that.

(2) Granted, silver shows better against dark pavement and silver cars are at the height of popularity right now. BUT... the MZ6 is an all-new car that deserves an equal dose of creative marketing!!

(3) The close shots are too quick, the long shots too far away. People still don't know what car it is. Mazda needs a top cameraman, a top director, and a top still photographer with imagination.

(4) They are still hung up on the yellow and black color cast of their old Web site, which I thought was the UGLIEST on the Web. It looked more suitable for USED cars, And the new one isn't much better. Very poor shots of the Mazda6's intrior. Very poor shots of the car.

(5) They started with photos featuring the Sports Package, BUT...buyers cannot buy the sports versions they want. Their initial assembly schedule was way out of line with their marketing plan.

(6) And those packages!! The worst I have ever seen and I have been buying cars for over 50 years. Options that should be standalone had to be ordered with unrelated options. Options that should be standard equipment, instead of some seldom-used items, for safety's sake. One would think Mazda's Product Planning Department is staffed with temps on their first car jobs.

(7) The brochure shows only one version of the 6 without the Sports Package. It shows the car on the road and not one full page photo of an interior. Are photos more expensive depending on their size? They never were before.

(8) Emotion in Motion: You bet emotion is important in today's market. Often, that is what sells many products when there is little reason to buy it at all. Especially in a slow economy. None of the photos I have seen sell Emotion. Mazda's marketing sells performance and handling, which is fine, BUT it also should sell to traditional Mazda buyers who do not want the Sports Package.

(9) I've been in advertising and marketing for 52 years and Mazda's 2003 introduction of the Mazda6 could have been done a LOT BETTER for less money. Imaginative marketing that identifies with and is unique to the Mazda6, just as the Mazda6 is unique among medium-size sedans.

The Zoom Zoom theme has been run in the ground. Use it for the Protegé, use it for the Miata, but use something NEW for the Mazda6! Make it UNIQUE! Make it grab their eyes and ears and play with their emotions.

fowler3
  • Options
    Mazda's marketing sells performance and handling...

I wouldn't even say that. I think it tries to, but the only way to quantify that to the average buyer is horsepower- which the '6 is not an industry leader at. Horsepower does not automatically equal fun, and Mazda needs to convey that in order to influence buyers looking for spice in the numbers. Mazda needs potential customers what they don't even realize their missing in other cars! At a glance, the '6 commercials don't even show the car flying around corners.

The original '6 tachometer 15sec commercial was good. It got my blood pumping.

Mazda needs to attack by promoting the side of the car that can't be represented by mere numbers. It should promote feeling. An Accord has more horsepower, but it doesn't give you a good feeling from the cockpit. It doesn't make you want to take the long way home, and it isn't the joy-ride vehicle that Mazda makes. Mazda has so much to offer, and that's not what their advertisements concentrate on.

It shouldn't be promoted as a competitor to the CamCords, it should be clearly marketed as an alternative- something different. Something else. Something no other midsize gives you- and all those statements are true. While I'd argue that the '6 is as good as a CamCord even on CamCord turf (quiet ride, etc), that's not the heart of this car that makes me love it. It's the exclusive personality of the '6.

The Camry advertisment, which I mentioned earlier, has no numbers. It doesn't claim to be the fastest or most agile (even while the '6 could claim the latter). It only promises fun. It shows the driver having the time of his life, as opposed to the '6 where no driver is shown. BMW promises to elevate your heart rate. Fun, I believe, is probably worth a lot to a lot of people, and that's what Mazda needs to sell.

Not a car. An experience.
  • Options
    Once your friend James takes note that layoffs at Mazda happen at the bottom and not where it counts, maybe Ms. Simons will be forced to do something about her stale ad campaign or head back to Dearborn.

Zoom-Zoom was Doner's brilliant move, but why hasn't that evolved or taken the next step? Instead, Mazda tones the music down and runs the same unclear shots (as noted above). Mazda has a brand essence video that has never been aired. that video is all about the emotion Mazda evokes. Why not shorten it and air it? Mazda has always been about making bold product moves for those who want something different than the big guys offer; why not put that thinking into the marketing too?
  • Options
    miata10aemiata10ae Member Posts: 90
    I would have to agree with fowler3 on a lot of points on the tv ads.

-Yes, the close shots are too quick that don't allow a good look at the car. The far shots are too small plus a significant percentage during the 30 sec ads don't show the car at all. The ad seems to come and go so fast that it feels like: "What was that car again?". This is not a music video where shots need to be switched in and out every 2 seconds.

-Emotion in Motion: The qualities of the 6 have to be shown differently. The Camry commercials promise more fun. Ads need to show both the driver and the car. They got to show the driver's emotion along with the acoustic's of the car, cornering abilities, acceleration etc.

-Deliver what you show in the ads: 6s MT with Sports package. Don't make people kill to get one.

-Ads that target the non-car enthusiast crowd have to show the features that other cars do not have. For example, the non intrusive to the trunk rear suspension, the location of latches for the folding seats etc. I've seen people getting so excited about these features at a recent auto show.

-Make sure the brand name of the car is mentioned many times so it can stick in people's mind. I still have people telling that my Miata is made by Mitsubishi. Talking about getting pissed off. I tell people about the Mazda6 and they go: "What?".

I wanted to say more but I got go now...
  • Options
    seretseseretse Member Posts: 6
    I like the new Maxima ad (the one with the guy crushing the orange) ... that's the sort of ad Mazda should be putting out. That's "emotion in motion"!
  • Options
    pkzln89pkzln89 Member Posts: 21
    I'm pretty much decided on buying a Mazda6 - I like it much better than the competition, but my impression is that Mazda wants to make the purchase difficult. First, and this absolutely puzzles me - it's pretty much impossible to find a 6i with an ABS - I live in Chicago area and searched the online inventory mazdausa.com - there are only ~10 cars with ABS out of inventory of ~400 (I've probably missed some, but still WHY?????). As discussed several posts earlier color is a very subjective item, but why does the bulk of 6's comes in glacier silver, steel gray and onyx black? I was trying to find a sepang green metallic and pretty much gave up, lapis blue is not easy to find either.
  • Options
    alcjewalcjew Member Posts: 173
    aromas: Silver was my 2nd choice and are not bad looking. I saw one 6s MT loaded (sold) being prept up close at the local dealer and it is sharp looking. As for RX-8 it will probably be the same time you're thinking of getting yours. At that time my son should be (he better be!) finished with college. Probably the price for a fully loaded RX-8 MT would be around $35K - $40K US by that time. A RX-8 owners club is a possibility. How about a M6 club for now?

The $2K price addition of the M6 hatch and wagon maybe due to both being possibly AWD and other features , such as Stability control & Nav/GPS?
  • Options
    I think everybody's forgetting what demographics the 6 is geared for. It's price range has it competing against the Accord, Camry and Altima. How many of those cars do you see with spoilers and side skirts, very few and the majority of those are 4 bangers. Regardless of how exciting the car is it's not going to appeal to the majority of buyers who are looking for family cars. These buyers basically want something to carry the kids and groceries around and not worry about breaking down. They have no interest in manuals. The 6 is a great car in the wrong market and better commercials and options would be negligable for sales. Have you seen the option packages for the competition, they are far from satisfying(especially the Altima)

The canadian options are pretty good with alot of standard stuff and I've never seen a car marketed so much in Toronto. There are huge posters everywhere and commercials are non-stop. Yet the 6 still has sold below expectations here. Everybody here loves driving but we represent a small minority and I know we find it hard to understand that the majority would not appreciate this car but they won't. The TSX is slated to sell 15K and if they increased production they wouldn't sell much more because they know the market is limited. I think selling 50K a year would make this car successful considering it's a smaller car which limits it's appeal to most. Someone posted that he thought the Altima was a more substanial car. The fit, finish, interior and overall dynamics of the 6 would dispell that notion but the Altima's larger and that's what sticks out in this market.
  • Options
    Alcjew: My son will be 8 years old by then. He'll be out of the car seat by then so I figure rear seats will come in handy as he can go driving with the old man. I'm 35 so I figure the RX-8 will make a great 40th birthday present. I might try to buy one a couple of years old(if possible which I doubt in the color I want) since I would be storing in the winter so mileage wouldn't really matter to save some bucks.The cloth package in Canada is pretty much loaded which is good because I don't really care about leather.

What color are you eyeing? For me it's either red, yellow or black. That car I wouldn't mind washing 3 times a week as black always looks best when it's clean and waxed. Now if they bring out a ragtop by then, I'll be in heaven. 5 years seems like a long time but anticipating is almost as fun as having.

If anybody here would shell out 2K more for a loaded V6 hatch because they like the look, I would throw a little bit more down and get the RX-8 and throw winter tires on if it's necessary.
  • Options
    mikef208mikef208 Member Posts: 69
    I found a link to a mazda6 commercial somewhere a while back. It was either here or "somewhere else"(cough). But anyway, I think it was from one of the foriegn(non NA)market. But anyway, this guy was driving in his 6 with his kids making all kinds of noise in the back seat. So he pulls over gets out and opens the trunk and pulls the latch for the fold down seats. Thus the kids were folded down with the seats. While this did show off the fold down seat latch, which is cool, that was all it showed. And although i found the commercial humorous, the average consumer looking for a new car prolly wouldn't put the 6 at the top of there list due to this commercial. Unless there main need is an easy fold down back seat.
  • Options
    talking_headtalking_head Member Posts: 9
    I can't seem to get my homelink to work. I held down one of the buttons, and held down my garage door opener. The light is a solid red for about 30 seconds, then it blinks (the manual says it's supposed to go from a slow blink to a fast blink). But when I go to test it, it doesn't work. I even tried pressing the garage remote every 2 seconds like the manual says to do for Canadian systems. Could it be that my opener is too old (15 years)?
  • Options
    mazda6smazda6s Member Posts: 1,901
    Dang it - a local dealer still has a 6i-MT with exactly the equipment I want, but I'm still having thoughts of the 6s (which I would have to order).
  • Options
    Get the 6s, maximize your fun.

April sales figures are out but I couldn't find the 6. Someone please post.
  • Options
    mazda6smazda6s Member Posts: 1,901
    Yeah, you're right, but I don't have to work tomorrow and I have the cash ready to go ...
  • Options
    jtkz13jtkz13 Member Posts: 51
    After driving the 6s, the 6i seems very much lacking in the hp department......let alone compared to a base 3.5 Altima.

I say order the 6s and be totally happy with the purchase. You may have to wait a month or two, but you'll own the car for at least 30 times that amount (assuming 60 mo. buy). I may be a little biased though, as I've been waiting on my Altima since January :(