Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Mazda6 Sedan

Comments

• Options
    mazdamarlamazdamarla Member Posts: 350
    She specifically said it was a Mazda incentive, NOT a dealer incentive. But it's only offered to a select group.
  • Options
    chikoochikoo Member Posts: 3,008
    a mazda incentive for the dealer....?
  • Options
    robr2robr2 Member Posts: 8,805
    I read the message again and I interpret it to mean it is a Mazda incentive offered to the dealer. I have modified my post to that effect.
  • Options
    sarahmazdasarahmazda Member Posts: 27
    I have to clear something up: the dealer cash incentive is from Mazda--meaning, we as a dealer get paid through Mazda, if we choose to keep the dealer cash. I hope this makes sense.

There are special incentives that are released through Mazda every month. These incentives can be:

Special interest rates
    Customer cash (rebates)

In most cases you cannot take advantage of both rebate and special interest rate; you must choose between the two.

Sometimes, Mazda releases incentives for dealers only, this is called "Dealer Cash".

Dealer Cash is something that is not advertised because it is a profit center for dealers.

It is true; as a dealer, we can disclose this to our customers-(subtract the dealer cash from price of the vehicle)-or keep it for profit.

There is nothing wrong with dealer cash incentives. Especially since the profit margin on the Mazda6 is rather small compared to other makes and models. ($700-$2500)

Dealer cash at our dealership is not used for advertising, painting buildings or anything else. If we keep dealer cash, it is pure profit.

Dealer cash is not designed to be "sleazy". Dealer cash is designed to drive sales.

Dealers in the area can advertise a certain vehicle reflecting the dealer cash, and many do. Other dealers choose to keep this money. Other dealers HAVE to use the dealer cash to match another dealer price.

As a dealer, we are in no way responsible for disclosing dealer cash to the customer. It is our money to do with what we see fit.

If it makes anyone feel better, we seldom keep dealer cash. Much of it (and it isn't $1000!) is used to match prices.

I hope this helps.
  • Options
    glideslopesglideslopes Member Posts: 431
    Well, today was a success. I made the deal on my 6s.

Steel Grey
      5-Speed Auto
      Side air bags/Side Curtain air bags
      Rear Stone Guards
      Only on the lot for 1 week. I was the first test drive. Had
      1.5 miles on it.
      $500.00 over invoice.

This was very good for my region. This is the 3rd Mazda I have purchased from my sales rep. They did mention there was some dealer cash, but not on the 6s. They have always been up front with me. After driving the i and s back to back today, I was easily convinced to move with the 6s. The extra 205lbs on the front is noticeable, but not a hindrance. I feel the extra weight helps the highway ride significantly. The s is also noticeably quieter IMO. The s is also much sweeter to merge in traffic with IMO. It simply moves out! and I was not even into it heavily.

Anyway, that's it. I'm looking forward to posting as the miles roll on....

Mark.
  • Options
    joe2617joe2617 Member Posts: 88
    There are 2 incentives on the 6. The dealer cash which applies to non-sport package cars and Mazda's stair step program. I think what you were told about is the stair step. This is a reward to dealers that sell a certain number of new Mazdas. The more you sell the more $ dealers get. Dealers are required to provide this to S-plan customers but for them it is a flat $500 and once again does not apply to sport pkg. cars.
     Also dealer cash is not sleazy. Most dealers use it to make deals. For some reason customers feel that dealers can stay in business selling cars for a few hundred dollars over invoice, they cannot. By the time the salesperson's commission, mechanic, office staff, electrcity bill, advertising, mortgage, floor plan ect.. is paid there is very little left.
  • Options
    cookie01cookie01 Member Posts: 369
    Thanks guys. I too am really glad there's no damage. Had there been some scratches or A DENT! I would have reported this guy in a minute.

I realize that folks who "bump" you probably should pull over and make sure everything is okay. But I know (as a woman) I probably wouldn't have stepped out of my car. You never know what sort of freak is driving around. I think this was just an older guy looking for a garage sale. But it still ticks me off that he did what he could to get away from me, knowing he'd bumped me.

And I don't know what a letter from the Police or DMV would do to help these folks be better drivers. I really think some people just don't care. If everyone cared about their cars like we do here, people would be MUCH better drivers.
  • Options
    OK - so since I ordered a car with the sport package, even if it DID come in before the end of May, I still wouldn't qualify for any cash incentive, right? Just wanted to be sure I understand. :)
  • Options
    joe2617joe2617 Member Posts: 88
    Right.
  • Options
    alangenhalangenh Member Posts: 5
    Sorry, I didn't mean to imply anything negative, I didn't understand that it was a Mazda incentive offered to the dealer from the original information posted.
  • Options
    stretchsjestretchsje Member Posts: 700
    ...and report that guy who bumped you. If it was an accident, then so be it, but that driver deserves a phone call from the police so that they snap back into the right state of mind. I have no patience for drivers like that.

Besides, on a less personal note, something under your license plate holder could have cracked. Maybe the paint chipped underneath. Who knows? Best keep it official.

But mainly, I think you should report it simply because drivers like that DESERVE to be reported. Do us all the favor to prevent it from repeating on our 6es.
  • Options
    sarahmazdasarahmazda Member Posts: 27
    I agree. Report the person who bumped you. Did he at least apologize, wave, something?!
  • Options
    carguy58carguy58 Member Posts: 2,303
    Where I live there are commercials currently running for the 04 Maxima. As for the 6 not outselling the Maxima: Number 1 some of those Maxima's sold were 03 leftover's so the 11,000 is kind of misleading. Honda sold 48,000 Accords in August of 2002 and I know Honda sells alot of Accprds but they don't sell 48,000 a month every month.

As for dealer cash back its not sleazy at all. What a particular car model is going for depends on demand. The 6 is not really in demand but the good news is sales 6 have been up for the 6 every month.
  • Options
    http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/2003-05-05-canadacars_x.htm

Regarding the importation of Canadian cars to the U.S., as most vehicles can be bought cheaper in Canada than in the U.S. Interesting - didn't realize that sometimes manufacturers will not honor the warranty of a Canadian vehicle once it's brought into the States.
  • Options
    choppermakerchoppermaker Member Posts: 31
    I've been waiting since DECEMBER 16 for my loaded 6s, but it's finally here! I'm picking it up this afternoon. I can't wait...only a few hours to go...
  • Options
    hudallahudalla Member Posts: 6
    I own a 6s, and I love the car except for one thing: I have a low-pitched squeak/ticking sound emanating from the rear seat area. It sounds like a styrofoam coffee cup moving very slightly against plastic every time there is a significant undulation or movement of the car. It is not terribly loud, but it is very annoying to me.

I thought it may be the styrofoam that is located in the trunk under the floor and around the spare tire. However, when I put down quite a bit of felt around this area, it did not rid me of the sound. Perhaps I need to place the felt in more places or in another place.

Does anyone else have this problem? Does it have to do with the leather seats? I'd love to get rid of it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. I took my car to the dealer last week, and, of course, the squeak did not appear at all during a drive with the service tech. That was annoying! It came back in full force by the next day.
  • Options
    doying5doying5 Member Posts: 83
    Don't forget that though all of you are from all over the states (plus) that the incentives mentioned above are regional programs. $1000 in TX is $500 in CA and nothing in NY (as an expample of course).
    Mazda releases programs in certain markets depending on what cars are doing what. In a market where sales are flying on a specific car there are often no programs on it all.

Stair step programs are only offered irregularly and should not be counted on. They often excluded specific cars as well. Our last stair step excluded the MPV. Silly!

Just remember this when you go to your local dealer.
  • Options
    seafseaf Member Posts: 339
    Yes, I agree with some others here, do report that guy. Something like this may be a pattern of behavior for this guy and who knows, maybe next time he'll run over a person and drive away. I think the lack of law ENFORCEMENT is what makes all these crazy drivers behave the way they do on the streets. People will respect others on the roads only when they realize they are RESPONSIBLE for their actions.
  • Options
    I have Leather in my P5 and I get low pitched squeeks from the leather. I don't know if it is the same sound as yours but perhaps some leather conditioner or something could help.

Maybe a passenger in the back can help you pin point the sound.
  • Options
    Alright. I'll check at our DMV web site and see if there is a reporting site. I still have his licence number.

Currently our Police agencies are SOOOOO understaffed and over worked and have no budget that I can't see bothering them with this.
    But I think many of your are right. If this guy could get a letter or something maybe he'll wake up.

And NO! he did not wave, or shrug or anything, just glared at me through is sideview mirrors. he was a Jerk.
  • Options
    capitanocapitano Member Posts: 509
    There was a good discussion going last year about that.

toymaster "Buying in Canada" Oct 18, 2001 8:22pm
  • Options
    dinu01dinu01 Member Posts: 2,586
    Mark and Choppermaker

Dinu
  • Options
    6_is_good6_is_good Member Posts: 11
    I have a squeak in my drivers( 6s leather )seat. It occurs when I shift weight in my seat. Very annoying. It would seem unlikely that the rear seat would squeak or rub since there is nothing in it. I would try to narrow down the exact area of the problem. Get in the back seat and move around and see if you can duplicate the sounds you hear while driving.
  • Options
    mjvchicagomjvchicago Member Posts: 149
    So here I am all ready to buy the 6... got my downpayment ready, financing lined up and now I CAN'T FIND ONE! Yes, I'm looking for a manual tranny S with sport package, but you'd think that there would be SOME around. Even the much vaunted carsdirect is having a hard time. Plus bad timing on my part has my previous car now sold (albeit for a nice profit) leaving me with no wheels. Ah, life... what are you without adverstiy. Just needed to vent a little. Thanks for your ears, er, eyes.
  • Options
    I did this too! I sold my car, then found I couldn't find the 6 I wanted near my home.
    Ended up spending a lot of time on Mazdausa.com searching dealers ALL around my Northwest area.
    Found my car 500 miles away. The dealer flew me out there and I drove the car home (lovely, fun drive).
    Keep checking the dealer inventory all around Ill (you're Chicago right?) and other states as well.

Until then, I drove my brother's 1989 Dodge Dakota pickup... sigh... you have a brother?
  • Options
    accord7accord7 Member Posts: 96
    I was going to buy a 6s with leather later in the year. A squeaky seat however, is enough to sway me to the cloth interior. You see how influential and powerful these message boards are?
  • Options
    >>> You see how influential and powerful these message boards are? <<<

Yeah. paranoic, to be precise.
  • Options
    miata10aemiata10ae Member Posts: 90
    accord7: I have a 6s with leather but no squeaks. Did I sway you back to leather?
  • Options
    pyranhamdpyranhamd Member Posts: 15
    Picked up my Steel Grey 6s MT not quite 2 weeks ago, and I'm down to 93 miles on my break in. So far I have to say that this is hands down the sweetest car I've ever owned. Haven't had a single squeak, whistle, rattle, or other obnoxious noise since I picked it up. I'm still surprised each time I drive it how quiet this car is, and how smooth and consistent the power delivery is. Oh....and how fast it is both off the line (haven't even laid into it yet) and at cruising speeds.

Anyway...this car NEEDS to be kept shiny both exterior (Steel Grey gets dirty QUICK) and interior (black leather). So what is everyone using to keep their babies shined up? What's your favorite?

-C
  • Options
    If you're in Chicago, you are 3 hours away from me. Check the inventory of Borgman and GO Mazda in Grand Rapids, MI. Also Crown Motors in Holland (where I ordered my car from 5 weeks ago). There's also a Mazda dealer in Kalamazoo. If that's not too far to drive, you could do like Cookie did and buy from outside your direct area. :)
  • Options
    Klasse polish is the way to go.
  • Options
    dinu01dinu01 Member Posts: 2,586
    For the interior I only spray water from a Windex-type container and wipe it with an old t-shirt. I don't use Armour All or any shinny/protecting/etc stuff on the black dash of my PRO since it would make it too shinny and slippery. Plus, the original (and new) feel of the materials is still there.

Water has kept my 58.000kms PRO in perfect shape w/no fading since I bought it.

On the outside, I take it to a touchless/high pressure do-it-yourself car wash, and only spray it with water. Yes I whould wax it, but it's a pain.

Dinu
  • Options
    I don't have mine yet, but I'm interested in knowing what others do, as I've never had leather interior before.

I do know, though, that I'll probably splurge every year and take my car to be professionally detailed inside & out, which'll run me about $150-175ish. But I figure it's the first new car I'll own, and it'll be a NICE one, so I want to take care of it and the yearly cost (not to mention the time and effort I'll save by not doing it myself) will be worth it. :) Doing a full wash & wax on the outside is an ALL-DAY job. Ugh.
  • Options
    6_is_good6_is_good Member Posts: 11
    I have put a few coats of Liquid glass on the exterior. It provides a great shine and has been shown to reduce paint chips etc. It is a hard finish that protects your paint too. Also I use Black Magic tire shine gel on the tires to keep them looking nice. I used Original Armorall on the inside to get a shiny look which I like. Then I put leather conditioner on the seats to soften them up a bit. I have a silver MT 6s with sport and have been complimented on the way it looks. The liquid glass wax is amazing--it actually looks like there is a thin layer of reflective glass around the car. Very shiny.
  • Options
    pyranhamd,

I plan to use Zymol on my Steel Grey 6s for it's first coat this weekend. I will apply it 4x per year.

I use Nu-Finish on the DW's 02 MPV. It lasts a long time, as I only need to apply it 2x per year. The shine however is nothing like Zymol IMO.

Keep me updated on your Steel Grey 6s. I have the Auto with Side Air bags/ Side Curtain Air bags, Rear Stone Guards, and wheel locks.

What was it that you liked the most with Steel Grey?

Mark.
  • Options
    aromasaromas Member Posts: 314
    If you have the time and money nothing beats Zaino wax and I mean nothing. It's expensive and can only be ordered online. My buddy uses it for his Mustang and it will last 6 months or longer and shines like no other. To apply it takes all day as there is 3 or 4 steps involved and an extra coat the next day is recommended. Since I don't have the time I usually use Mothers or Meguiars which will last a month or so. They work fine as do most stuff you can buy from the store. Depends how anal you want to be with maintaining (if you want to clay bar and put polish before you wax then it's always going to have that showroom look but who's got the time) but if you want the ultimate wax and durability Zaino is it.
  • Options
    bklynguybklynguy Member Posts: 275
    I live in New York and travel almost every day between NYC and New Jersey, I have seen about 7 Mazda6 cars since December ( each time I go out, I see at least 25 new accords ) when will I start to see more Mazda6 cars ?

Whats the projected annual production run for the Mazda6 in the US ?
  • Options
    gatorm6gatorm6 Member Posts: 5
    I use 3M Show Car Paste Wax on my 6, and it looks great. I've recently applied it, so I can't comment on how long it lasts. For the wheels and tires, Blackfire Gel wheel and tire cleaner is outstanding. It is very quick and easy to use.

To condition the leather, I used Lexol leather conditioner. I plan to apply this once a month.

Dave
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    check out the ongoing discussion on the M&R board. There are many schools of thought on whether the recommended all-day routine is really necessary, and as I understand it, that "wait til the next day for the next coat" requirement no longer exists.

For all the scoop on it and more than you ever dreamed existed - and for the entertainment value - you ought to check out that conversation.

:-)
  • Options
    curious36curious36 Member Posts: 1
    I had a quick, partial look at the leather interior of the 6 (partial because the dealer still had the protective plastic on most of the seat surfaces). The leather didn't look very high quality or luxurious. Any owners out there with leather interiors have any comments? I intend to re-visit the dealer and a get a second, better look myself but I'm interested in how others compare the 6's leather to other brands.
  • Options
    newcar31newcar31 Member Posts: 3,711
    Either there are more Mazda6s in Minneapolis than New York or you aren't looking hard enough. I've seen about double the amount you've seen and I ride the bus to work and read the paper.
  • Options
    I have heard of a steel grey sport pkg out their.
    We are doing locates everyday for folks wanting sport packages! We are calling Mazda and begging to no avail. My manager practically has all the sport cars and their state memorized.
  • Options
    regfootballregfootball Member Posts: 2,166
    gal at Morries last week told me they were selling like hot cakes and there were shortages. If that's the case then why so many on the lot?
  • Options
    Is not so many to a dealer. They may be looking at their inventory and realizing if sales rates stay the way they are, they will run out of cars before 2004 models arrive.
    BTW there is an abundance of 4 cyl AT.
    The shortage now is for sport package cars.
  • Options
    pyranhamdpyranhamd Member Posts: 15
    The first thing I noticed about the Steel Grey was that it can look like several different colors depending on the lighting. In bright sunlight it sparkles like nothing else and has a green tint to it. In moderate light it's a very even (and still sparkly) slate grey, and in low light looks black. It's a 6s MT with sport, comfort (leather), and moonroof. Got really lucky finding it too...the guy who ordered it originally backed out the day before I went to the dealer to place my order. Got the car I wanted (exact options and everything) and only had to wait 2 weeks. This is the first car I've had with leather and that's really been worth waxing (well, dw's Emerald Green 99 PRO es is too I guess), so I'll be breaking new ground this weekend. Wish me luck!

Chris
  • Options
    stevenq99stevenq99 Member Posts: 36
    check Don miller Mazda in Madison. On the Mazda website they have several 6s 5sp sport. I worked with Steve Bierd the last time I bought a Mazda nice guy.
  • Options
    mazda6smazda6s Member Posts: 1,901
    "Whats the projected annual production run for the Mazda6 in the US ?"

According to Automotive News, the goal was 75000 units.
  • Options
    mjvchicagomjvchicago Member Posts: 149
    That's right, today I found the 6 I wanted. Onyx Black S with Sport, manual tranny, Bose, moonroof, comfort pkg, airbags, homelink and the motion sensor upgrade which I'm not too sure I needed, but it was on the car and I wasn't going to turn it down at that point!

The cool thing is that I found it locally when one of the dealers I emailed through the Edmunds site responded to me TODAY! The cosmos was in alignment y'all. Thanks for everyone's suggestions and support!

Now for the break in period...
  • Options
    the_big_hthe_big_h Member Posts: 1,583
  • Options
    Outstanding choice!! You will now join the ranks of true enthusiast ownership. Separation from the "Herd" is a good thing!!

Mark : )