Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Volvo XC90 SUV

Comments

• Options
    ryokenryoken Member Posts: 291
    If you're leasing, and they don't make you pay for the reverse warning, it may actually lower your lease payment by a small amount.

You pay for the difference between the capitalized cost (agreed purchase price) and the residual (a percentage of MSRP), plus interest, fees and taxes. Since your MSRP will be slightly higher, your residual value will be slightly higher, and the difference between that and the cap cost will be slightly less.
  • Options
    ambaerambaer Member Posts: 14
    I had to come on and post - we just got a call from our dealer that our 2004 XC90 is in, got here on Wed. We are picking it up on Sunday. After we get it, if anyone is interested, I can post the 2004 pricing. It came in a little higher than I was guestimating so it will be interesting to see sticker with all the prices. Its a 2.5 with 2WD, Versatility, Security, and Preminium packages plus the alumninum trim package and reverse warning. We are excited - we'll let everyone know how much we love it next week!
  • Options
    volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    The DVD player from Volvo will not be factory installed, it will be a dealer item.
    If your dealer is smart they already have an aftermarket source since the factory system has been delayed.
    Our system fits very nicely under the drivers seat.
    We haven't been able to find a screen we like for the headrests, because of the unusual shape of the headrests.
    In the S80 75th Anniversary Edition the headrests have a different shape in back.
    The security glass works fine with aftermarket tint, make sure you use a reputable, professional shop.
    I like the added safety and piece of mind of the windows, wish they were standard.
    Note: On the XC70 Volvo Tints the factory security glass.
    As far as I'm aware the XC90 is a 50 state vehicle.
    The Only Volvo's that arent are the S60 2.4 and the V70 2.4.
    They have special low emmission engines for CA.
  • Options
    imfookieimfookie Member Posts: 10
    It's just Awesome, The Keys are so Cool/ Press the Silver button and the key pops out. The keys/free maintenance/17inch standard wheels/probable correction of first year problems more then compensate for the slight increase in price. You get 2 key integrated remotes and a buttonless valet key.
  • Options
    jsimm00jsimm00 Member Posts: 3
    Just wanted to pass along the news that we have no mechanical issues reported. During the service check up , they noted that the coolant was somewhat low and added a bit more but that was it. It rides great and we still get stares from other drivers (hey its the Volvo SUV). Now my only complaint is the weak FM radio reception. This is so minor I forgot to even bring this issue up with the dealer but I may this next go around. Just wondered if anyone else has noted this issue. I generally play CD's in the XC and they never sounded this good at home! Oh, the avg mpg is 15.1 and driving is mostly city stop and go. It's also getting warm in Houston so the hot Summer will be an interesting test!
  • Options
    childridechildride Member Posts: 15
    I got mine at Volvoville in Massapequa Long Island. The complete unit is installed between the 2nd row seats, no having to go under the driver seat for any reason. Anyway, the disk for the nav (if you have it) is under the driver seat.
  • Options
    clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    Did you get any discount on your xc90 I see that houston dealers actually have some in stock.
  • Options
    dachshund2dachshund2 Member Posts: 39
    This information taken off of emission sticker under hood of 2003 XC90 T6.

"This vehicle conforms to U.S. EPA NLEV regulations and California regulations applicable to 2003 model year new ULEV (LEV1) light duty trucks. It also conforms to applicable Canadian emission standards."

This vehicle also cleans the air as you drive. The radiator has a special coating, PremAir, which converts up to 75% of the ozone it encounters into oxygen. Could it be an environmentally friendly SUV? Only a Sport Utility Volvo!
  • Options
    dnodno Member Posts: 1
    Any update on the progress/timing etc of the XC90 Executive or V8 engine???
  • Options
    xc90loverxc90lover Member Posts: 11
    For all of you XC90 owners who have ordered your vehicles, rather than purchasing directly off the lot, how long can I expect to wait for one? Is there anyone in the Atlanta market that has ordered a 2004, and received one yet? If so, I would like to hear how long it took. For those of you, who have a 2004 XC90, what's changed from the 03 models.

Imfookie: The keys/free maintenance/17inch standard wheels/probable correction of first year problems. Please explain what you mean by free mainenance.

Ambaer: After we get it, if anyone is interested, I can post the 2004 pricing. It came in a little higher than I was guestimating so it will be interesting to see sticker with all the prices. Please post the 2004 pricing. Congrats on your car! Thanks!
  • Options
    austinsmith1austinsmith1 Member Posts: 1
    I just picked up a 2004 T6. I noticed two things: 1) after I stop driving, the car smells like something's burning and 2)the car makes a kind of "gasping" like sound (like you're sucking your breath in) when I stop accelerating. I called the dealer (of course). As to number 1, they say that is a temporary function of a material put on the car to prevent it from rusting on the trip over here. As to the "gasping" they had no idea and said to bring it in. Anyone heard of such things?
  • Options
    ernest0ternest0t Member Posts: 29
    The gasping sound you hear is most likely air escaping from the turbo charger as it spools down. This is a well known sound associated with the T6 and has been discussed at length on many forums. There is no mechanical problem, so you don't have to worry about damage. Initially there were reports that Volvo was working on a solution for the noise, but lately I have read posts that say there may be no fix. Like Aunt Bea's pickles, you may have no choice but to learn to love that sound.
  • Options
    jcaponeg1jcaponeg1 Member Posts: 2
    XC90lover,

I live in the Atlanta metro area. I ordered my 2004 XC90 T6 on March 25th, 2003. I have been requesting bi-weekly fax updates (the order status sheet) from my dealer - Dyer & Dyer. Initially, the ETA for the car was 6/3, but then, to my surprise, it got bumped up to 5/19. Recent orders on the sheet are showing delivery dates in mid-July. I guess I got lucky with the timing! All in all, that works out to just about 8 weeks from the time of order to the time of delivery (assuming the ETA is correct and the vehicle will arrive then ;))

As for the free maintenance, all 2004 XC90s come with free maintenance up to the 30k mile mark. The service intervals are every 7,500 miles (7,500, 15,000, 22,500, and 30,000).

I'm glad I waited for the 2004 - free maintenance, integrated key/remote, 1st year problems corrected (mostly). I'll post some driving impressions when I get it in two weeks!!

John

FYI - Dyer & Dyer has been great ... the vehicle sells at MSRP, so don't even bother trying to haggle. However, they didn't try to tack any add-ons on to my car (paint protection, exterior styling kit, wood grain kit, etc.). I think they realize that MSRP nets them enough profit that they don't have to try and gouge customers. I'd happily recommend them - the process has been smooth and they keep me informed of all changes regularly.
  • Options
    John, Thanks for your posting! Are you working with Dyer & Dyer in Gwinnett County or the one in Dekalb County? Thanks!
  • Options
    poseidonposeidon Member Posts: 30
    I've seen several refernces made by folks who waited to MY2004, since the 1st year problems were (mostly) solved. What were the big ones and what remains? I'm very intrigued by this SUV. About a mile from my home there was a bad wreck where an Explorer flipped and the roof was crushed. Not a pretty sight. Makes you think...
  • Options
    Still no timeframe for the XC90 Elite w/ the V8.
    I don't expect it before the 05 model year.

Free maintenance: Volvo will pay for the first 4 scheduled services, 7500, 15,000, 22500 and 30000 miles. Provided that you complete the services within the first 4 years of ownership.
    The program does not include wear and tear items so you are responsible for tires, brake pads, wiper blades etc.
  • Options
    xtalklearxtalklear Member Posts: 1
    Just got our 2004 T6 delivery. In fact, it is 3 weeks earlier than scheduled. So far, we've put 100miles on it. No problem, but at one occassion, there was some vibration at 40mph. I suspect that was caused by the parking brake, which might not be totally released somehow, although there is no red warning light of that in the dash board. Haven't happened again once I checked the parking brake release carefully each time. The gas milage appears to be poor currently, but kept increasing. It started at 12.7 now it's 13.4. I wonder if everybody else is experiencing that during engine-baking. Thanks for other folks' messages kept us informed all the way along!
  • Options
    uvahoouvahoo Member Posts: 4
    I've had my XC90 2.5T for approximately two months and love it! About 2,500 miles and a joy to drive! Took 4 1/2 months to get it. One thing - can anybody recommend a good wheel cleaner to remove the brake dust and not mar the finish? The wheels really get dirty in a hurry!
  • Options
    shadowchasershadowchaser Member Posts: 94
    The silver door handles on the 03 look cheap and are cold and cheap feeling. I was told they were changed for 04. Has anyone seen them? Also, what is the finish of the shifter?
  • Options
    jcaponeg1jcaponeg1 Member Posts: 2
    XC90lover,

I've been working with Dyer and Dyer in Dekalb.

FYI - My car IS on the boat and is due to arrive at port (Brunswick, GA) this Thursday the 8th. I can hardly contain myself waiting for my baby!!

John
  • Options
    John, Let us know your overall impressions when your baby arrives. Interested in hearing your feedback re: the radio in the 04's. Thanks, and enjoy!
  • Options
    i_yellowi_yellow Member Posts: 30
    I just read a post in the S60 forum pointing out the hidden equalizer in the HUXX stereo system including instructions on how to set it. This reminded me that I once came across front and rear equalizer setting options in the XC90 stereo menu system. Shortly thereafter, my CD changer jammed and I had to have the stereo replaced. Since then I can't find the equalizer again, as though I accidently activated the option before, or some software upgrade at the dealer deactivated it when the new stereo went in. Anyone known anything about this or have a similar experience? I think the factory settings don't emphasize base response enough for those of us who couldn't get the subwoofer due to the 7-seat option.
  • Options
    Were not changed for 04.
    The shifter is plastic, but a leather shift knob is a $50 option for 04.
  • Options
    If you apply a good quality polish to the wheels they will be easier to clean. I use Zaino products which puts a polymer on the wheels that helps repel the brake dust, and makes it easier to remove. There are others available, but you still have to wash the dust off every week or two to keep up. To actually clean the wheels, I use a couple of brushes (one long skinny one, and a shorter one that can be bent to get behind the spokes) with regular car wash solution. I found the brushes at a local auto parts store. One problem with these european vehicles seems to be the generation of lots of brake dust. You can get special brake pads that generate less dust, or even shields that fit between the brakes and wheels to lower the dust generation, but both are more costly options than a weekly cleaning.
  • Options
    volvobustervolvobuster Member Posts: 14
    Have owned a 2003 XC90 T6 since April 14, 2003. It's my third and probably LAST Volvo. During first 50 miles, discovered a disconcerting lag in 1-2 automatic shift under moderate to heavy acceleration. Also, Dolby Pro-Logic II sound system began shutting off intermittently. Dealer had no solutions, and I had to wait nearly three weeks for Volvo tech rep to examine vehicle. He downloaded three software "fixes" to sound system which now seems okay. It's unfortunate that the expensive "premium sound system" didn't work correctly from the beginning.

According to tech rep's report, he could not duplicate the transmission condition, but based on my description, the lag is a "torque reduction" and is "...a designed feature on the 1-2 shift during heavy acceleration." This is to protect the drivetrain from excessive power, or heavy loads as when towing. The vehicle was pronounced by the rep to have "operated as designed." During a phone conversation he told me he experienced two "heavy duty" lags, but he did not put this in his report. This condition is unacceptable in a $42000.00 performance vehicle. Why put 268 horsepower into a vehicle if the drivetrain needs protection from the power? To me, this is a poor example of what is considered the flagship of the Volvo fleet. It's for sale.
  • Options
    bigeddybigeddy Member Posts: 181
    "It's for sale."

Fantastic! I'm interested. How is it spec'd and what region are you in?
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    No buying or selling on Town Hall. Thanks.

Steve, Host
  • Options
    shadowchasershadowchaser Member Posts: 94
    are the handles still the silver color?
  • Options
    I was teasing. One gets tired of how some people go on about things.
  • Options
    Had to check to see if I could find the equalizer when you mentioned your inability to access it now that you've had your system replaced. I was able to find it using the sequence as shown in the manual. The equalizer feature is under #5 Audio Settings in the Menu. I have had 3 software updates at the 60-day courtesy service, so it wasn't disabled by this in my vehicle.

Also a note to Volvobuster, probably all of us with T6's have noticed this hesitation in the 1-2 shift at first. I found originally that I noticed it only with moderately hard accleration, not when at full throttle. Since the software updates this quirk has essentially disappeared. As you may know this vehicle has an adaptive transmission that learns to shift the way you like to drive. The more you drive the XC90 the cleaner and more seamless the shifts should become. I think this is a great vehicle, and my advice would be to give it a chance to break-in before you give up on it.
  • Options
    markn7markn7 Member Posts: 4
    Just heard that I am getting a 04 instead of 03. Ordered in late January and it arrives next week. Really curious as to what changes have been made to the 04 as improvements from the vehicle launch. Specifically, heard that the T6 with 7 seats has a questionable stereo system. Like, maybe the bass is a problem. Anyone know anything on this?
  • Options
    Door handles are still silver

The only change on the 04 stereo was a port upgrade to cure the sometimes poor reception of the radio.
    Bass in the car kicks [non-permissible content removed] if you turn it up.
    Check the equalizer and bass/treble settings in the radio menu
  • Options
    chokksonchokkson Member Posts: 5
    I got my new volvo two weeks ago. Painless and quick. I got the t6 with the prem. package and the versatility package. Add step up rails. looks sweet. black in color. I love this car. I was leaning towards the bmw 5 series but my wife wanted something a bit more low key. My observations are and maybe I'm not alone in these: Killer sound system, impressive handling around curves. I noticed the lag when you punch the gas. I can live with that. When I engage the parking brake it seems like it barely goes down. Maybe it needs to be worked in. The brake release seems kinds of flimsy also. Overall, I am very happy I chose Volvo. I can see why it has loyal base of return customers. just my two cents...
  • Options
    To "bigeddy":

"One gets tired of how some people go on about things." Ha! I'd like to see what you would do if you plunked down over $42,000.00 for a car that malfunctions before you even get it home. Aren't you the one who complained about the XC70 wind noise with the back windows rolled down? I didn't even go into the small things like squeaks, water leaks, power steering noises, and other annoyances. I also own a 2002 Chevy Suburban with 18,000 miles on it. It's never had even the slightest problem. Neither has my '99 VW Beetle. So much for the latest in Swedish engineering. I'd gladly take back the '98 V70 T5 5 speed I traded, and "recycle" the XC90. Unfortunately, the V70 is gone. I've owned 25 new cars over the last 35 years, but the XC90 is by far the biggest disappointment. Sorry if this rubs anyone the wrong way, but the truth speaks for itself. I am meeting with the dealer this week to see what sort of solution we can come up with. This is a beautiful car with lots to offer. I guess even Volvo has "Monday" cars, too.
  • Options
    childridechildride Member Posts: 15
    dachshund2, here here. Its a Great automobile.
  • Options
    volvobuster: "I'd like to see what you would do if you plunked down over $42,000.00 for a car that malfunctions before you even get it home."

Both problems mentioned (audio cutting out and power lag) have been thoroughly discussed on-line.

I'd be annoyed at the need for a software update to fix the audio but it's not a big deal. Once fixed I'd quickly forget about it. Perhaps your dealer could have been more helpful.

I test drove a T6 and didn't notice a lag but I tend to accelerate modestly from a stop anyway. Evidently the slight lag is just the way the vehicle works and you adjust to it; this is apparently not unique to the XC90.

volvobuster: "Aren't you the one who complained about the XC70 wind noise with the back windows rolled down?"

I merely confirmed that wind noise was a known factor after someone asked about it.

Your car comparisons are, well, not credible.
  • Options
    I'm now test-driving another new '03 XC90 T6 courtesy of my dealer. It feels so different from mine I can hardly believe it's the same car. The transmission is silky smooth under light, moderate, or heavy acceleration, just as it should be.

The transmission in my car not only lags in the 1-2 shift, it often seems to be hunting for the proper gear, then clunks into the next gear. Kickdown is equally choppy. If there is a software fix for the transmission, neither the dealer nor the Volvo tech rep seem to know about it. My dealer, as evidenced by today's demo loaner, is more than willing to work with me. Time to play "Lets Make a Deal" and get back to enjoying a new Volvo.

To bigeddy - I was annoyed that it took three weeks to update the sound system software. Also, I mentioned my other vehicles merely as a statement of fact, not as a comparison. I know it's apples and oranges. Maybe apples and lemons would be more correct.

My thanks to everyone for your comments. I'll let you know how this turns out.
  • Options
    schuhcschuhc Member Posts: 333
    Hi:

Just some random thoughts on the SUV. I have mine on order and will be going to Sweeden in November to pick it up and drive it around for 10 days before it gets shipped back. I am also the proud owner of a C70 HT (2000).
    In reading some of the above posts, I just have the following observations...

You're buying a new model year so of course there are going to be some bugs in it. Rumor has it that the 98 C70's had the S70 door hinges which obviously caused a problem due to the difference in door weight given the weight of Coupe doors vs. Sedan doors.
    If the T6 v. the T5 is anything like the LT coupe v. the HT coupe, then I would expect that the T6 wouldn't really have any 'oomph' in the low gears and that the turbo doesn't really react until you're at 40mph plus. Additionally, why would one expect to be able to gauge that after only 50 miles on the Odometer? You really need to break the car in before you can expect it to perform.
    And lastly...I don't care if it is the T5 or the T6...It's a friggin SUV. It is NOT a performance vehicle. I really don't even consider my C70 a performance car just a very nicely supped up Coupe. If one wants a performance SUV go buy a Porsche, ML55 AMG, or the top of the line M5. Maybe I'm a little bit off but I bought the T6 for its safety and so that it had enough power to get out of trouble on the highway should something happen.

So...The reason I "plunked down $44k" this year... Round trip to Europe, SUV that has the power needed for problem spots, safety.
    Reason I "plunked down 39k" three years ago....To get a kickbutt coupe that you don't see very often that I can get up to 125mph on occassion and that is comfortable, and safe, as hell and has had 3 years to work out the bugs.

However...I wouldn't take too many of these comments to heart as my wife says that I am mistaken in thinking I am always right.
    Women....
  • Options
    I agree with schuhc that you have to give a new vehicle some break-in time before being too critical. I complained about what I felt to be throttle lag with my 2.5T when I first started driving it. Now with 3000+ miles the problem has disappeared. I don't know whether this has to do with the adaptive transmission, getting the engine broken in, or my getting used to it, but my wife who had only driven the car once when we first bought it, said she could notice the difference when she drove it again the other day too (OK if she is real good, maybe I’ll let her drive it again for a mother’s day present). Anyhow, my XC90 seems more responsive, and easier to drive every day. I have had no other problems, even though I was certainly expecting them this being a 1st model. My wife and I both realized that initial bugs were to be expected and accepted this negative aspect for all the positives we felt we were getting. So far, a better than expected experience.
  • Options
    Agreed! I roll enlightened. Thanks childride.
  • Options
    luv6717luv6717 Member Posts: 7
    I pre-ordered a 2004XC90 late last month: 2.5TAWD, premium & climate packages, 17" wheels, & DVD navigational system. I've been researching and loving this car for almost a year now. I'm expecting the car sometime in July and I can't wait. I'm glad to share this with other XC90 owners or soon-to-be-owners, but you don't understand: This is my very FIRST car to own. I've always wanted an SUV and when this car came out, it seemed too good to be true. Most of the discussions have been helpful, informative, and entertaining as well.
    I did have a question to the person who mentioned the updates on the 2004 model. Was all the changes mentioned (keys/free maintenance/17inch standard wheels/probable correction of first year problems) true/standard for ALL 2004 models? or is this area specific? I havn't talked to my dealer in a couple weeks, but I know when sitting down to order with him, he did not mention any of these changes. Also, what price differences have you seen between 2003 vs. 2004 because from my understanding it is not too much of a difference?
    I know I still have about 1.5-2months to ponder these questions so any input on this car will help before I "plunk down 44K." Thanks!
  • Options
    ellsupremoellsupremo Member Posts: 2
    I have 8K miles on an '03 T6 - the software issues are "evolving": first the windows didn't work, then they opened by themselves;got that fixed. Then the CD played ate a few CDs; got that fixed and now the radio make strange noises (sometimes, the right channel cuts out and it changes stations without warning. This week a new evolution - frequent and inconsistent brake warning messages. The dealer has no idea why this is happening or how to fix it. Is this the fun part?
  • Options
    To schuhc and ernestOt:

My car now has around 1000 miles on it and performance has gotten worse instead of better. Why would my car be so bad, and another one with only 100 miles on it performs flawlessly? I'd really like to know. My sales rep intends to find out.

To: ellsupremo: Thanks for your comments. I guess the fun never ends.

I don't believe this crap about a first-year model. The engine and running gear have been around long enough for the "bugs" to be worked out. I've had many first-year cars with minimal problems.

It's gratifying to know how easy it is to stir some folks up. Just speak the truth about their beloved status symbols.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    In case you missed it the other day:

First-Year Myth Busted (WYFF)

Steve, Host
  • Options
    My XC90's engine started to show improvement at around 1200 miles (performance and gas mileage). It has gotten gradually better since. But with the problems you describe, I'd start reviewing that yellow insert in the owners’ manual about lemon laws. There's bound to be some thorns in every batch of roses. You may have gotten one that got dropped a little too hard.
  • Options
    skyslimitskyslimit Member Posts: 32
    Can't believe we've put this much mileage on this beauty, but it's true, we've gone over all over California with it - in mud, snow, rain, hills and beaches. So far, the only minor issues we've encountered are the following:

- faulty cup cover (doesn't open as smooth as before); new one on order
    - uncentered steering wheel, which was fixed the first week we bought.
    - audio system once did not turn on, which was odd; hasn't occurred since

Average/combine mileage has improved from 17.3mpg to what it is today -- 19.3mpg. We drive 30-40% city and the rest highway. I've resetted the trip computer several times for the last 2000 miles and it's been pretty consistent with my manual calcuations.

Recently I had a trailer hitch installed ($199 part; $360 labor) and a reverse sensing system installed ($700) by the dealer. The reverse sensing is a great addition -- the other day we almost backed into a 5 foot metal pole if we didn't have the system installed.

Anyhow, good luck to everyone else!
  • Options
    ngray10025ngray10025 Member Posts: 2
    I am buying an SUV and have narrowed my choices down to the BMW X5 3.0 or the Volvo XC90 2.5T. I would appreciate any input on the differences between these two SUVs. The Volvo is a little less expensive, has much better cargo space, and seems overall to give better bang for the buck. I absolutely love the way the BMW drives, but I'm concerned that once my fiance and I are married and add a dog and kid to the mix, it won't be roomy enough. Also, are the Volvo's safety features really that much better than the BMW's? I've test driven both, and each sales person insists their car is safer (Volvo: "It's impossible to roll this car." BMW: "You can't drive the Volvo through tight curves the way you just drove the BMW. You will end up on your side.") Finally, I've heard some complaints that the BMW 3.0 is underpowered (although it seemed fine to me). The Volvo has less horsepower (but more torque, and weighs slightly less). I will be driving mostly in the SF Bay Area and Lake Tahoe in the winter. Many thanks.
  • Options
    aaa_edgar_poeaaa_edgar_poe Member Posts: 24
    People here seem to report a lot more problems, and difficult probelms to solve, than on other auto discussions.

JD Powers does'nt rate this SUV very high or any Volvo for that matter.

THis makes me think about what a person of referent power said on TV a year ago: that Ford will no longer be doing 'Quality is job 1' since they are in poor shape market/finance wise. I would think VOlvo would not be isolated from the brains at Ford HQ. When the big management says, cut costs, well what is an engineer to do, but do just that; i.e., cut costs and ways of doing this are: (1) cheaper parts, (2) software that has not rung out enough bugs (remember, bugs are removed in a log-normal way, not in an exponentially decreasing way as in hardware disign), and (3) open up the specification limts on parts so that material is not lost at high a rate as it would be with tighter specs, an this means you can make the ports more sloppy by working faster or making parts with lower quality workers, or making parts with cheaper manufacturing equipment.

No car companies let their engineers give detail engineering interviews with people, so the idea is to keep the people in a fog as mush as possible and try to sell cars on perception, not truth, facts, or data.
  • Options
    kdobson99kdobson99 Member Posts: 2
    Ordered in late Jan. Picked it up yesterday. It has about every option for the 2.5T. I noticed some of you were wondering what was new in the 04's. If you have a specific question, let me know. We love it.
  • Options
    luv6717luv6717 Member Posts: 7
    questions? definitely! i just ordered the same 2004 2.5T and i'd like to know if you were told any changes. someone else mentioned they were getting: (change of keys/free maintenance up to 30,000mi/17inch standard wheels/probable correction of first year problems). any and all info. appreciated. congrats on your new car!