Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Volvo XC90 SUV

Comments

• Options
    1sttimevolvo11sttimevolvo1 Member Posts: 189
    Nope. Haven't experienced that. Did you take it to the dealership?

There is a recall involving the front wheel sensors that may or may not be related to your problem. Volvo is to start notifying owners this month. The build dates for the affected models is around February thru April, 2003. Check the NHTSA website for details:
    http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/results.cfm
  • Options
    laputchkalaputchka Member Posts: 8
    and I love it! It is truly an amazing car, just hope I dont have to bring it to the shop again. Two friends of ours have the same vehicle and I asked them if they had any problems and they both said none?? so hopefully this will be it for us!
  • Options
    absameabsame Member Posts: 12
    Anyone put in an aftermarket DVD other than the one that drops down from the roof? Concerned roof model will completely block rear view mirror, but dealer is saying screens that will fit in headrests are too small. Anyone had experience with screens in the headrest or other locations? Considering placing screen on a gooseneck post and placing in between the front seatbacks, below the drivers rear-view line of sight.
  • Options
    volvomaxvolvomax Member Posts: 5,238
    We've installed over 20 dvd players, no one has complained about visibility blockage.
  • Options
    eschuteschut Member Posts: 5
    Gotta thank simbp215 for the Ford X-Plan tip! Purchased a 2.5T 2004 ruby red, AWD, XC 90 with Premium Package, Versatility Package, Climate Package, Wood steering wheel, Back-up warning indicator and Xenon headlight package for an even $41,000.00 last week using X-plan numbers as a starting point for negotiating. The dealer even gave me a pretty good trade-in on our 2000 Forester.

It seems like now that inventory is outpacing demand you don't need to settle for MSRP anymore!

Orb
  • Options
    adp3adp3 Member Posts: 446
    Who has taken their XC90 up to the snow? Are any of you in Northern California? Were there chain controls? Did they let you take the XC90 over the pass without chains? Are any of you running snow tires on them?

Anyone taken their XC90 off road?
  • Options
    Volvomax, what sort of system do you recommend?
  • Options
    We've used both Sony and NEC systems.
    The key is how the install is handled.
    It has to be done by someone who is familiar with the XC90's electrical systems.
  • Options
    Sounds like I should drive out to Arizona. Local dealer in NJ has an arrangement with Audiovox.
  • Options
    jrloansjrloans Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a new Volvo XC-90 2.5 FWD and when I am waiting at lights with the A/C on, the steering wheel vibrates like the old 1960 model cars. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a cure...help, very unhappy with this. I live in Florida and the A/C is always on.
  • Options
    cheapskate7cheapskate7 Member Posts: 25
    Searching market for chains [17" neptune]. Would like informed discussion re type [cable vs link], ease of installation, potential damage to wheel well/rims, price range, durability, and source for purchase.
  • Options
    This is one problem i havent had. I would bring it in to the dealership!
  • Options
    that i have had to bring it in. Last week was because the third tail light fell out, the door was sqeaking, and the wood steering wheel was chipped. Now, I think one of the windows is not installed properly as it makes a terrible noise, i called and they are taking the car back in this week. Has anyone else had all of these problmes or other with their XC 90? My car is not even three weeks old and I am so frustrated with it already. I love the car, but these problems are really starting to add up to too much headache
  • Options
    glxwagon4moglxwagon4mo Member Posts: 121
    Sorry to hear about your problems..

Can you be more specific?

George
  • Options
    cwibbelcwibbel Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone help me? My XC90 makes a horrible air concussion noise (Like a helicopter is flying overhead) when the windows are open and you are driving. You have to close nearly all of the windows all of the way in order to get it to stop.

There has got to be a fix for this.

The dealership looks at me like I am crazy and thinks I am making it up.

New to the board, so if this has already been addressed, if you could just direct me to the discussion.

Otherwise love the rock stable ride of my XC90..

Thanks
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    This comes up now and then with various makes, and all too often in the XC90 discussions. My co-host posted a good explanation a while back:

tidester Jan 4, 2003 12:19am

As I recall, the usual advice is to crack the rear window(s) whenever you open the front one(s).

And welcome to Town Hall!

Steve, Host
  • Options
    schuhcschuhc Member Posts: 333
    Picked up my T6 on Monday the 10th. Took it from Gotenborg to Budapest and then to Brussels. I am happy to say that I did not experience any of the issues that I read about on the board (shifting from 1st to 2nd, etc...). Only problem that occured was on the Autobahn at 120mph. Caught a stone from a car in front of me and the 5 inch crack that was present on the windshield Thursday night turned into a 15 inch crack on Friday morning because of the temp change. Dealership has already ordered the windshield and will install it and the aftermarket DVD once it gets delivered to the states.

All in all, couldn't be happier.
  • Options
    dachshund2dachshund2 Member Posts: 39
    Since the greater percentage of XC90 drivers may never see triple digits on the speedometer, I would enjoy hearing a more detailed report of your Autobahn experience. How did the XC90 feel and sound? Did you bump the limiter? What kind of automobiles did you pass with them giving you the thumbs up? That stone must have made your heart skip a beat at 120mph!

Congratulations on the new T6!
  • Options
    ernest0ternest0t Member Posts: 29
    The helicopter noise is not unique to the XC90. You can get the same sound in many SUVs, and probably passenger cars as well. See the many discussions about this noise on this and other forums.

Now if I could just get my kids to stop putting down one window just so they can make that noise!
  • Options
    bigeddybigeddy Member Posts: 181
    I drive on snow-ice a few times per week for the 5-month snow season. Use studless winter tires. Haven't needed chains in 15 years but carry them just in case they are required. For emergency use cable chains are fine and least expensive, less than $100; most auto parts stores carry them. Link chains work better in my experience but are more expensive in the low-profile types and more fussy to install; Volvo sells some to fit the XC90 for $270. For frequent use the state patrol uses Spikes-Spider attachments that are $350 but go on easily. Good fit and careful installation will prevent any wheel damage.
  • Options
    disappointed04disappointed04 Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2004 2.5T AWD. I also experience vibration on the steering wheel when the car is stationary with the gear in drive position. With gear in neutral or reverse, vibration is still there but less. I have brought my car back 5 separate times since I picked it up from the dealer in June, 2003: two times for brake problem and 3 times for CD problem. Each time I brought the vibration problem to their attention. They did not think that it is a problem. I have three other vehicles that are more than 12 years old including a 240; none of them have this kind of vibration problem. The last words from the Volvo service technician was that when the gears loosen up with time, this problem will go away. It has been 4 1/2 months; the problem is not going away and it seems to worsen somewhat. Over the last couple days I have noticed more vibration on the steering wheel while I am driving and the MPG is dropping to 11 mpg in the city and 17 to 18 mpg on the freeway. Unfortunately,it looks like I have to schedule any service appointment tomorrow.
  • Options
    route22route22 Member Posts: 1
    I don't know about the XC90 in particular, but I know from a previous vehicle that excessive vibration in drive vs. neutral can be symptomatic of bad/loose engine mounts.
  • Options
    OK, went for a test drive (second one) with the wife and she wants the XC90 (instead of the SRX), so it's off to Sweden for me. Actually, I need to see how good a deal I can get right now on an instock model and see if it makes any sense to wait for summer. If I can save 2k, is it worth waiting for summer? Does anyone have any experience on whether buying today from something in stock is cheaper than ordering today?
  • Options
    anilpunjabianilpunjabi Member Posts: 61
    That u can invest that 2k, and based on what u predict the interest rates to be, or even differnece in air fare at times (say ur wife wants that trip to sweden), and other financial factors that must be factored into this oppurtunity cost equation. Which helps show that that 2000 saved now is actually more liek 1200 saved for the summer. You need to see if waiting 2 more months is actually that much more costlier. Sorry for this brief business analysis, thats what long days in business school do. I wonder what long days in an xc90 do lol!!!
  • Options
    uscpsychouscpsycho Member Posts: 17
    OK, I've had my T5 for a couple of months now. I am absolutely in love with this vehicle. I never thought I would EVER say that about an SUV. I've only driven sports cars, never had a car with more than two doors before this one. But my work demands an SUV and this car is PERFECT. Fortunately, I haven't experienced any of the problems mentioned on this board, but I have had an annoying problem not mentioned here (not that I know of).

Yesterday, for the second time since I've owned the car, when I started the car both trip counters reset themselves to 0.0. I had not touched the trip counter button.

I use the trip counters to track work milage and fuel efficiency, so this is unacceptable to me. Anyone else experience this? Is this a known problem a dealer can fix?
  • Options
    Just after making that last post praising the car, I remembered a dangerous situation created by cruise control. This happened just once, but is worth mentioning.

One night I had cruise control engaged when the decelerate button became inopperative. I was able to increase my speed but unable to reduce my speed. I'm not sure about this next bit, but I'm pretty sure all the other cruise-related buttons were also inopperative; all but the acceleration button.

Anyone else had this happen to them? Fortunately I was on an open stretch of highway so I was able to play around with the buttons for a bit, but I accelerated too much and eventually had to hit the brake.
  • Options
    I hear y ou, punjabi- but the question remains: will I get a much better deal if I buy an instock vehicle vs having one built and picking it up?
  • Options
    Chances are you will get a better deal buying in stock. The negatives would be finding one configured exactly to your liking. If you can make the time and take an overseas vacation, the OSD (Overseas Delivery) program is offering substantial (8% off US msrp) savings.
    Good deal if you're planning a European vacation.
  • Options
    khanhvnkhanhvn Member Posts: 18
    My 04 2.5t just passed 6000 miles yesterday. Delivered early July. Besides the infamous parking brake problem which was fixed in my first month of ownership, the car has been flawless. The drive is smooth, mileage is good, and I never have to open the hood :) I also had an experience in which the DTSC & emmergency brake assistant came into action, and I was impressed by how quick and effective they were.

Hope that my xc90 will stay trouble-free in the future. I plan to keep it for a long time.
  • Options
    I was just told by a dealer that the difference b/t buying domestic and overseas is about 4K.

not sure if that is buying domestic in-stock or domestic ordered
  • Options
    I agree! We have 7,700 miles on our 2.5T AWD. We just got back from Gatlinburg and the engine had plenty of oomph on the mountain passes with four adults. Our mileage on this trip we `only' got 20 mpg. Most other trips we avg. 23 mpg.

We've only had two issues: 1. Radio not powering up until several minutes after start-up. This was fixed in August. 2. Axle clunk (happened at about 6,800 miles). Will be addressed at during oil change this Thursday.
    Other than those two minor items, it has been a GREAT car thus far.

We plan to keep it for 8 - 10 years. With the advancement of oil technology and mechanical achievements, ANY car should be able to get to 200k with normal maintenance, so I figure I should be able to get that and then some with my XC90.

Glad to see there are some who are having GOOD experiences.
  • Options
    aljalj Member Posts: 11
    I am trying to make the decision between the XC90 T2.5 AWD with 5 seats, premium, climate, xenon, Dolby prologic II with subwoofer, and the RX330 AWD with premium package, not performance or Nav/Mark Levinson package. At this point, I have ruled out the MDX. MDX roof rack sucks. I looking for members input and comments to make my decision.

My application requirements include lots of high altitude Colorado mountain driving (8,500’), dirt and snow covered roads, cargo room for two people’s outdoor gear (whitewater canoes, bikes, pack packs, skis, camping supplies etc.), roof rails to mount 66” wide Yakima bars, 2” trailer hitch receiver for bike rack (limited to no towing required), good stereo and comfortable seats for long trips, ability to sleep in car, and good gas mileage for SUV.

From my research, I see each vehicles pros and cons as follows:
    XC90 Pros: cargo capacity for gear, 8.9” ground clearance for light off road and snow, Triptronic manual tranny for climbing and descending mountains, safety, 30K services included, warranty, comfortable front seats, gas mileage and exterior style.

XC90 Cons: no full size spare, interior amenities/fake wood, engine, Ford ownership, Volvo lack of mechanical quality/reliability, premium 91 oct gas required, dealer motivation to discount, and possible long wait for delivery.

RX330 Pros: comfortable/luxurious interior, reclining back seat, front seat arm rests, better engine, gas mileage, full size spare, end user reset for service indicator light, approach lighting, Toyota mechanical quality and reliability, midgrade 87 oct gas, and safety.

RX330-Cons: less internal cargo space, no manual tranny for mountain driving, less ground clearance 7.48”, handling, car viewed by mainstream public as a pretentious Shopping Utility Vehicle/chick car.

A few questions:
    1) How easy to change oil in XC90 and how often? In the past, I have been changing my own oil every 3,000-5,000K. I understand you need a special wrench and Volvo recommends change at 7,500?
    2) Can end user reset service indicator light?
    3) Is there an advantage of 18” tires?
    4) Is there a wood replacement that wood is cheap looking? I read something about a dude on eBay has real wood replacement?
    5) Should I buy the trailer hitch from dealer? Recommendations?
    6) Are there 3rd party running boards available?
    7) Will the xc90 2.5L engine perform as well as my 1998 Subaru Outback 2.5L Boxer engine in climbing and passing?
    8) Is the XC90 reliable? I see way more problems on the XC90 board versus the RX330?
    9) Why does JD Powers rate the XC90 so low compared to the RX 330? Ad $$$$$$
    Thanks for your input!
  • Options
    Two More Questions:
    1)Extended Warranty-do I need one if I plan to keep this car for a longtime and Who has the best Ext Warranty.
    2) I heard from several people the XC90 goes through brake every 25K? I have never had to put brakes on my Outback at 83K.
  • Options
    clpurnellclpurnell Member Posts: 1,083
    You might be happier with the XC90 in the mountains as turbos loose less power than regular engines at altitude. Also I would get the 7 seats (they are free now as I understand it) It will increase resale down the line.
  • Options
    good questions by alj. I forgot to check whether the Volvo row 2 or row 3 seats recline. On road trips, it sure is nice to let the kids recline (a bit) when they aren't reading.

After all these comparos, we should write a white paper on the perfect SUV/crossover/tall sports sedan w/big trunk/whatever these things are.
  • Options
    Under the `Pros' column for the XC90, you left out safety. I would rate the XC90 a bit higher than the RX as far as safety goes. About the only way you can turn it over is trip it over a curb or roll it down a hill. As to your questions:

1.) I don't know how hard it is to change the oil, as I haven't done it myself. However, 7,500 miles between oil changes is perfectly fine. 3,000 mile oil changes is overkill and benefit the oilchange places, but most people still do it so they sleep better.

2.) End user can reset the service message, it just requires a certain procedure to do it. (I'll post later with the sequence).

3.) I don't know there is an advantage to 18-inch tires. They DO give you about 3/8" more clearance. I think the 17-inch tires are fine.

4.) I don't know of a `real' wood replacement. I think the fake wood looks fine. Lexus is probably the only maker I'm aware of that uses real wood. I believe Volvo does offer optional aluminum trim inserts, although I don't know how they look.

5.) DON'T buy the trailer hitch from the dealer. If you're good with DIY projects, the Hidden Hitch is excellent and only costs about $104.00 at etrailer.com. You may, however, want to order the wiring harness through Volvo (if possible), but etrailer.com provides harness accessories as well.

6.) I don't know of any third party running boards. I don't care for them as they reduce clearance a bit. They would be beneficial for reaching stuff stored on the roof racks.

7.) I think the 2.5T engine is fine. We have been on trips in fairly mountainous terrain. We recently went to Gatlinburg, TN and it performed well on VERY steep grades with 4 adults and luggage.

8.) The reliability of the XC90 will bear out the longer the model is on the market. The RX has been on the market about 3 or 4 years longer than the XC90. The first year or two of the RX had growing pains and problems like any first year vehicle. Check the NHTSA at the `00 model year for the RX. There were plenty of consumer complaints not even counting complaints logged in `02 thru the present.

9.) I think the JD Powers low rating is due mostly to first year production kinks. I would expect it to come up in succeeding years.

FYI, the second row seats do not recline.
    As far as handling and safety, I chose the XC90. I test drove the Envoy, Acura MDX and the RX300. The XC was the best OVERALL IMO.

Just my 78 cents worth.
  • Options
    1. Trip odometer set to T1.
    2. Put key in and turn to position I.
    3. Push odometer button in and turn key to position II.
    4. A little orange triangle will soon begin to blink on and off.
    5. When it blinks a few times release odometer button.
  • Options
    Size and safety are the key points for the XC90.
    Also, it is a more competent off roader than the Lexus.
    I would stay w/ the 17"s if your going to be driving in snow alot. The tread pattern is more aggressive for soft terrain than the 18's.
    As for the RX, its pretty and has a nice interior.
    Lexus quality rep, and the possibility of a discount.
    Keep in mind that Lexus' profit margins are greater than Volvo's, so you can get a discount and the Lexus dealer will still make more than the Volvo dealer at msrp.
    Drive them both and decide.
  • Options
    also, 18 inch snowies are more expensive than 17 inch snowies, right

same with wheels

I am planning to put snow tires on my Bay Area- based SUV, and run them from December 15-April 1 (unless I know I am not going up for a while, in which case I will switch back to my All-seasons)

I really hadn't thought of the seat reclining issue. Funny how little things that you get used to in a minivan can become an issue when switching vehicle types.
  • Options
    avery1avery1 Member Posts: 373
    What kind of price can you get out the door with these comparably equipped?
  • Options
    glxwagon4moglxwagon4mo Member Posts: 121
    Exoticwooddash.com has a real wood kit for the XC90. Sherwooddash.com also makes a real wood dash kit. Both apparently blend in well with the fake OEM wood.

A for the running boards, we personally passed on the OEM boards. I thought they were just a little to narrow (or needed to be about an inch farther out). Owners on the Volvo enthusiasts site have been talking about the side steps made by Cobra. You can check it out here:
    http://www.truckaccessories4less.net/voxccotupr.html

Good luck in your decision.

George
  • Options
    shadowchasershadowchaser Member Posts: 94
    I have the Sherwood kit. It looks great. BUT, although Sherwood makes real wood dash kits, the kit for the XC90 is NOT wood. It is fake rubberized plastic. It looks good. The dash kit from exoticwoods is also fake. There are some great pictures (on another board) that you can look at. Got my dash from a guy on ebay for about 140 dollars. A great deal and works well.
  • Options
    Thank you for the replies 1sttimevolvo and volvomax!

Volvomax, do you work for volvo or a dealership? You seem well informed reading through your posts on this board.

Avery1, the RX and XC90 2.5L AWD are very similiar in MSRP price. However, we all know the Volvo dealers don't want to work off of MSRP.

I think I can live with the cons that I mentioned in my previous post. I have asked the local dealer for one more test drive. I really want to drive it in the mountains and at night, before making my final decision. Thanks
  • Options
    do any Volvo dealers do overnight loaners?
  • Options
    macdaddy10macdaddy10 Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2004 Volvo XC90 T6 and received it in May. I really am really happy with the vehicle, but recently I have encountered some problems. I am wanting to know if anyone has any suggestions on how to correct them.

(1) is the emergency brake will not disengage unless you press it down completely and then disengage it, I have heard there is a recall for this and I cannot find any information.

(2) the stereo on two occasions when the vehicle was started the CD player paused and had no volume control.

(3) one day the alarm sounded and since then when I lock the doors and set the alarm after about fifteen minutes the lights begin to blink as if the alarm has been triggered but there is no sound, and when you get in the vehicle the message center reads the alarm has been triggered and to check the vehicle.

(4) When accelerating the vehicle has a slight hesitation between first and second gear.

The last question I have is about the gas type to be used. I currently live overseas and it is hard to get gas with a good octane rating. Is it OK to use an octane booster in the gas, and could that be part of the problem with the hesitation?

I have taken the vehicle to the dealer for all of these problems and they have told me there is nothing wrong with it.

Any information someone has on these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
  • Options
    I'm a sports car guy and the biggest anti-SUV person you'll ever meet. But my work requires an SUV so I had to cave. I considered lots and lots of options. I also waited about nine months until the Touareg, SRX and Rainier came out. I wanted to weigh all my options before committing.

The first time I drove the XC90 I hated it. Main reason being it was too much of an SUV and I was still in sports car mode. My initial loves were the FX45 and the RX330.

As time went on, and I drove more and more SUV's, my top two cars eventually became the RX330 and the XC90. I debated the decision for a long time, then one Saturday went out for one final test drive in both cars, and all of a sudden it was clear as day. The XC90 was the right car for me - by a long shot. Bought it the following week and haven't regretted it for one single minute.

Here's why, and I'll try to be brief :-)

The RX330, at the end of the day, had very few advantages over the XC90. All it had over the Volvo was the legendary reliability/customer satisfaction of Lexus and the fact that you get a free loaner every time you go in for service. I didn't know about the 87 octane factor, and would consider that an advantage as well.

But the XC90 wins or ties in every other category (based on comparison with T5 + AWD). I think Volvo wins the safety battle, and it is crash compatible which was important for me as an anti-suv guy. It also has the radiator coating to help clean the air as you drive. In a nutshell, the car has a conscience and that was a big factor for me. It's a car that overcomes every single one of my SUV objections (roll over factor, overall safety, gas mileage, crash compatibility).

The Volvo is also more versatile and has more cargo capacity. Did you know that the front passenger seat folds flat for extra cargo capacity and for lugging longer objects? That alone scores major points for the Volvo over any other SUV. Especially for you if you are lugging skis, canoes, etc.

In terms of luxury/comfort, I really don't think the Lexus is that much better. At first, I thought the Lexus had a huge edge here. But after a few test drives, I realized that in the long-run, the Volvo may be a more comfortable, ergonomic, livable car. I think the comfort/luxury edge for Lexus is one's initial perception based partly or the car's reputation. And based on the more cushy atmosphere in the Lexus showroom over your average Volvo showroom.

I think the T5 engine is just fine, with plenty of power. I don't recall the exact EPA numbers, but I don't think the two cars are that far off. A lot of people complain about the T6 being clunky, and it's less efficient. There hasn't been a single instance where I wished I had the T6, and I'm a performance guy, but I know that the T5 is the right engine for me and my needs for this car.

At first I was also enamored by the reverse camera in the 330 and the "available" laser cruise control. But now I realize that the audible reverse warning system of the Volvo is VASTLY superior to a camera. And according to my dealer, they still aren't making 330's with the laser cruise control.

After a couple of years of ownership, functionality is going to matter much more to you than wood dash trim. Heck, after six months you may wish you had opted for cargo space and real UTILITY rather than the 330's wood dash trim. Looking at your post, the only real advantage of the 330 is the reclining back seat (how much does this REALLY matter?) and the front seat arm rests.

Think about WHY you are buying this car. If you buy the 330, I can think of many occasions when you will wish you had the many functional advantages of the XC90. Conversely, if you buy the XC90, I can't think of many situations where you would wish you had the 330 instead.

P.S. I think the 17" wheels look much nicer than the Atlantis 18" wheels.

P.P.S. I LOVED the Cadillac SRX. Would have bought that in a heartbeat but it doesn't have enough cargo capacity for me, and by the time you load it up with options it's in another price universe.

P.P.P.S. I don't regularly check in on this message board. If you have any other specific questions, you can email me at " r o y - a t - n e t r a c t i o n - d o t - c o o o m. I feel qualified to comment on a lot of SUV's in this class since I drove them all and agonized over my decision for months. You'll have to decipher my email address though (a spambot won't be able to!).
  • Options
    I'm a sports car guy and the biggest anti-SUV person you'll ever meet. But my work requires an SUV so I had to cave. I considered lots and lots of options. I also waited about nine months until the Touareg, SRX and Rainier came out. I wanted to weigh all my options before committing.

I'm not anti-SUV, but I chose the XC90 because it felt more like a sports sedan when cornering and driving on country roads. I felt if it could remain relatively stable in some-what high speed cornering situations, then it would be a safe car to have. The RSC and DTSC certainly helps in these situations.

I think the T5 engine is just fine, with plenty of power. I don't recall the exact EPA numbers, but I don't think the two cars are that far off. A lot of people complain about the T6 being clunky, and it's less efficient. There hasn't been a single instance where I wished I had the T6, and I'm a performance guy, but I know that the T5 is the right engine for me and my needs for this car.

I agree. We chose the 2.5T AWD (T5 is a different animal all together - not relative to the XC90).

The T6 is not a bad engine, it's just not coupled with a tranny that allows it to stretch it's legs.

All it had over the Volvo was the legendary reliability/customer satisfaction of Lexus and the fact that you get a free loaner every time you go in for service.

At my Volvo dealership, you get a loaner with service.

We test drove just about every SUV out there over a 9 month period before we decided on the XC90. The Touareg, SRX and the RX 330 were not available yet, though I don't think it would have mattered. Sure some of the SUV's may have had advantages in a few cosmetic areas (real wood vs. fake - who cares?) but overall the XC90 was the best choice for us.

We have 7,800 miles on our 2.5T AWD and haven't regretted it at all.
  • Options
    I have the 2.5T. Not sure why I said T5. Probably due to serious sleep deprivation...

1sttimevolvo1 - Do you get a free loaner with ANY service or just major/scheduled services? If you have to leave your car to get a light fixed, Lexus will give you a loaner. If your Volvo dealer does that, kudos to them!
  • Options
    Since it's still under warranty, I've been offered a loaner the 2 (once for 7,500 mile service and once for radio problem)times I've had it in.

It may go away after the warranty expires, I'm not sure.
  • Options
    Glad to be of help, yes I do work for a dealer.

adp3,
    as far as I'm aware no one does overnight test drives w/ XC90's.
    Most dealers don't have the inventory to spare.