Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jimjamjimmyjimjamjimmy Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2012
    Not an ignorant question at all. You have to learn somewhere.

Gap insurance covers the difference between what the car is worth and what you owe on the car.

From my understanding it is designed, such that if the car you're financing or leasing gets stolen or totaled the remaining balance would be paid (after your deductible and what your insurance would pay for your claim).
  • Options
    jimdrewjimdrew Member Posts: 84
    I got the 2012 SEV6 WITH ALL THE PACKAGES
    28K out the door. Love it.
  • Options
    cpl2usacpl2usa Member Posts: 18
    it is 4cyl. I got 1.9% APR for 60 months from Toyota financial. check this.
    http://www.buyatoyota.com/Specials/dealer/specialOffers.aspx?dealer_code=37067

Backup camera is part of Convenience Package.
  • Options
    vkmavkma Member Posts: 16
    Trying to read through multiple posts for Edmunds $750 rebates..Can not figure how to get to the link or the form and how one becomes eligible.

Need to buy Camry LE in a week..A quick response is appreciated.

If can not be shared here, let me know, I will provide an e-mail.

Thanks.
  • Options
    coches1coches1 Member Posts: 104
    what part of the country do you live?
  • Options
    kzn1kzn1 Member Posts: 2
    Is it still available?
    How about NJ?
  • Options
    dont know about NJ We are in California. I believe the
    edmunds promotion has expired
  • Options
    Coaches,
    I am in Massachusetts. Is the 750 edmunds rebate still available?

On another note,
    20.650 is the deal I am getting for LE. Is it good?

Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    I do not know about the Edmunds rebate in MA.

In california dealers are quoting 20k for a LE with Power driver seat and mats.
    It is important to compare the exact model and options. Call a few dealers and demand to know their best price before fees, BEFORE BEFORE you tell them your
    price.

Always ask for the internet/fleet sales manager to quote you a price. Their is always a hungry dealer and we dont know what MANUFACTURER TO DEALER REBATES they receive.

Good luck and share the price with myself and the other members

coches1
  • Options
    kzn1kzn1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi All,

Camry XLE I4 + Conv, Navi, Leather Pkg + Carpet Floor/Trunk Mat Set
    MSRP 29,722
    Invoice 26,258
    OTD 28,655 (Tax 7%)

Is it a good deal?
    Let me know target price.

• Options
    mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    Best price I have seen for a new 2012 Camry LE has been in Anaheim, CA at Miller Toyota. They are going for $18988 plus ttl.
  • Options
    mazda6dude

are you sure this is not after the $1000 rebate?

is this a price you have seen or did you buy one at this price 18,988.

thanks
    coches1
  • Options
    habhavsarhabhavsar Member Posts: 12
    I think it is a great deal. As long as you got the car out of the door at 24000 or 100+/- it is a good deal. In NJ the cheapest price I got for ood is 24000 - 24100 for Camry SE with 8way power driver seat and mat sets and rear bumper aplique.
  • Options
    rikinrikin Member Posts: 10
    Hey, Even I am in MA and want to buy a Camry LE
    is the 20,650 the price of only the vehicle or is it an OTD price ??
    I have gotten quotes higher than those for the car only, but I dont want to pay more than 21,500 OTD for an LE.......hopefully I ll get one

so what dealership is this which is offering you this price????

Also If you do find about the edmunds rebate, please do let me know.
  • Options
    rhizzleboprhizzlebop Member Posts: 12
    Does anyone know what they use to verify the rebate?
    I mean, it asks for vin, and sure the vin tells the type of car. But whats to prevent someone from filling out the forum, looking online for another vin, or walking up to a dealer window and writing a vin down, and mailing in the rebate?
    The rebate could be processed well before the car on that lot sells, and then the check is cut on a vin the guy did not buy. thoughts?
  • Options
    Hey,
    Can you please tell me how and from where did you get the edmunds rebate form ??
    Also is it still active in MA??
    Coz last i heard is that it expired on July 1st.

Can you throw some thoughts please
  • Options
    rhizzleboprhizzlebop Member Posts: 12
    I signed up for and printed the rebate in mid June.
    Its good till late July for me, and I'm getting my car about 2 days before it expires.

Sorry. I'm just trying to understand how it is processed and how they know which car was bought and which vin is your car?
  • Options
    t_c1t_c1 Member Posts: 4
    you need to submit purchase or finance document with your name, address, VIN and dealer details on it along with rebate form. Thats how they verify the rebate.
  • Options
    t_c1t_c1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I think its a good deal. I bought the same car - XLE, nav, leather. conv pkg last week.

MSRP: 26655
    Invoce: 26300
    OTD: ~289xx (tax 8.75)
  • Options
    It seems MAZDA6DUDE is the authority on this issue.

$20,650 cash price according to my research is good.
    $20,650 including Power DVR. seat, mats, fees and out the door would
    be an incredible price.

These are CA prices and am not sure about MA

Lets hope Mazda6dude reads this and responds.
  • Options
    If you are getting the LE out the door for $20,650, then its a excellent price.
  • Options
    bouncingstarbouncingstar Member Posts: 2
    Thought I want to share my experience. We bought an SE today at Toyota or Orange for $20,995 + Tax & Lic. They have plenty to choose from. We were able to get the specific interior & exterior color that we want (all black interior and white exterior). Other dealers won't even want to match this price. We also have $750 edmunds rebate so it saves us a bit more. Hope this helps someone.

Cheers, C.
  • Options
    Hey mazda6dude

You should be the host of the forum. The helpful information you provide is coast
    to coast.

The $20,650 was my reply to a MA prospective Camry LE buyer. The person
    wanted to know if this quoted price was fair. I asked him if this was the cash
    price or total cost with fees.

Thanks for the ad from the OC Register regarding the Camry LE for $18,488.
    Actually, $18,988 because I will not be eligible for $500 conquest cash.

The problem is actually buying the car at this price. We all know they will commit by phone but upon arriving that car has conveniently been sold.

Surprise!!!!!! the dealer has the same vehicle but $1,500 more.

Please share the steps in obtaining the car at the advertised teaser price.

If you know where we can buy the 2012 Camry LE for $20,650 OTD let me know.

coches1
  • Options
    Thanks bouncing star for sharing your purchasing experience.

Orange toyota is on my final list of dealers. When you call the internet dept.
    and request a price they respond immediately without any games.
    Perhaps you had the same experience.

Did you obtain a price for the Camry LE?
    What are your reasons for the SE vs LE?

thanks again

coches1
  • Options
    bouncingstarbouncingstar Member Posts: 2
    Hi Coches1,

The LE is $1000 less than the SE, but we opted to pay a bit extra for the SE because the SE has alloy wheels (probably value at $800), pluss fog lights, sport suspensions, rear spoiler, better looking from the side and the front, better seat material and colors (my wife does not like either of the two interior colors available in the LE and the SE all-black color interior looks great) and other interior differences. I personally despite wheel caps, they don't last that long, looks un-acttractive and will accumulate scratches all over its surface as time goes by. We had cars with wheel caps before and we said we never want them. Overall, we like the SE better.

We actually didn't deal with the Internet dealer. Toyota of Orange has the ads on today's paper so we just call them up, talked to one of the salesman named Steward, which happens to be one of the nicest and easy-going car salesman I haven't seen for awhile. He drove us around to find the car we want. There were many White SE but most of them have gray interior and we wanted black interior. Steward drove us around all of their parking lots and were able to spot the one we want.
  • Options
    Hello bouncingstar

Thanks for the fast response to my message. Your car buying experience is
    interesting. Usually, when you want to buy the advertised car at the advertised
    price the car was just sold and they have another at a higher price.

Orange toyota is on my final list. When I called they gave me one of the
    best prices without any dealer games. Any others that were competitive?

Your message may convinced me to buy the SE. The alloy wheels look better. I
    wonder if their is any disadvantage of having the alloys instead of the wheel covers.

It seems their are 2 styles of selling cars. the first is massive volume with short profits and big factory rebates, and small volume with big profits on each car.

Thanks again for the great information. Please share any helpful hints regarding your car buying experience.

thanks coches1
  • Options
    Hi,

I pulled up the ad I posted on here and they didn't advertise the correct rebates. There is actually a $1000 college rebate which they didn't show, but corrected it as of today. With that said, the price is actually $1500 higher.

Overall opinion:
    Having seen so many ad prices and Camry prices in general, if I had to buy another Camry or someone else who is trying to buy a new Camry, go with a new SE. Orange Toyota in OC has them every week fro $20995 plus fees; Maita Toyota in Sacramento, CA sells them for as low as $20,788 sometimes and Roseville Toyota sells them for low as $20523 sometimes.

The SE is a better buy then the LE unless the price difference before TTL is $1500 or more.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    ziyuluziyulu Member Posts: 58
    I had a dealer quote me over $23,000 for a hail damaged Camry. I could get one that is brand new for less than that!
  • Options
    se_kidse_kid Member Posts: 1
    hi guys just doing a price check. just bought a camry SE fully loaded in attitude black for 25084 +TTL = 27300 OTD price.im just wondering if its a good or an ok purchase.let me know thanks!!!im in the LA area btw.
  • Options
    sienamansienaman Member Posts: 5
    Whoa!! With leather and convenience? That's approximately an 85!. Why are there such great deals only in Cal.?

Does anyone know if $500 conquest (trade in bonus) is available throughout US?
  • Options
    Hi Coaches1, Mazdadude and others who replied.

In MA, is following OK deal?

The quote 20,600 (without the recent grad rebate) is for MSRP 24025 - Camry LE with Power Seat. + taxes/title/Reg./Doc. Fees = 22350.00

or

Camry SE with Power Seat - MSRP 24425 + Tax/Title/Reg./Doc. Fees = $ 22800.

Which one is a better buy?
  • Options
    Hi rikin,

The price 20600 is NOT OTD..(I wish)..It is price without adding TTL (Tax in MA is 6.25%) that itself is 1200/1300. + doc. fees ~300 Title/Reg. 125 so you will pay 1600 over the quote in any case..

Let me know what kind of deals are you getting.
  • Options
    Actually, I can speak for mazda6dude, and he prefers the SE.
    Please view his replies to coches1 and he will explain the reasons
    for the SE preference.

Here in CA their are phone quotes and ads for 20k for a LE and 21k
    for a SE. Mazda6dude might know the MA market and have a dealer and a price
    for you.

good luck
    coches1
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Both are good deals because the power seats are an extra $400. It comes down to whether you want a power seat or not. Personally I don't care for Power Seats so I would go with the $20,600 plus TTL. $20,600 before TTL for a SE is a excellent price. I say go for it. And if you can get the 1.9% for 60 months financing from Toyota, even a better deal.
  • Options
    Good Day Dude,

As the end of the month approaches it would be interesting to
    know your strategy for buying a car.

The LE with Pwr. dr. seat and mats is about $20k. The dealers you suggested verbally agreed to this price and it seems certain they will honor it. However, it interesting to know why the largest dealer in the world in El Monte would not match this price.

Do you know the secret to obtain the best price from them?

Realistically M6D, should I try and find the car for $19.5k or realize this is not going to happen.
    The biggest factor in this game seems to be the hidden "Manufacturer to Dealer" incentive"
    that not even the manager is aware of.

How about finding the print ad stating $19.5k, going into the dealer
    and saying "I will buy the car now for this price".

Thanks
    coches1
  • Options
    Hey,
    So you are getting an SE for $20,600 plus TTL?? That i think is a good deal coz for me I am even finding it hard for people to get me $20,700 plus TTl even for a LE
    I have got quotes a lot higher than this too, but this is the lowest that I have got.

Can you tell me which dealership are you getting this deal from so that I can even check it out. Coz i am not really a fan of power driver seat, i will instead go for an SE if they are willing to give that in a similar price range.

Are you planning to get the deal finalized by end of this month??
    I hope we get some good deals
    Let me know abt the dealerships

Thanks
    Rikin
  • Options
    Hi Bro,

I don't have any strategy for the end of the month. I have bought cars at the beginning, middle and end of the month and walked away with great deals. Its a matter of being able to buy and knowing you are getting a good price.

In terms of the 2012 Camry, as I was saying before the SE for $20,600 before TTL is excellent. Personally I wouldn't buy a LE, but if I had to, I would pay more then $19K plus TTL.
  • Options
    Good Morning M6D

It would be interesting to know how you acquired this vast knowledge
    about the car business. Maybe you were in the Biz for awhile.

I know your feeling about the SE but it looks like the LE is what I will be buying.

Your last message says "I would pay more than $19K for the LE.

Did you mean I WOULD NOT PAY MORE THAN $19K +TTL??

And if so please tell me the dealer where I can buy it today for
    $19k. The best price through my unskilled research is $20k. The
    dealers you mentioned quote $20k. Please advise
    coches1
  • Options
    manchurianmanchurian Member Posts: 20
    Hi t c1:
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you...Not sure whether you pulled the trigger on the deal. Thanks for expanding on the quote you received. Your calculation makes sense.

I suggest you target 26000+ttl. If you can get it at that price that would be an awesome deal!
  • Options
    rambo9rambo9 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks Manchurian....i already bought the vehicle last week...i was targetting 26k but couldn't reach that price...i was looking for specific interior( ivory leather) which is very hard to find in XLE...so finally pulled the trigger once i found it...all in all i am happy to get what i wanted.
  • Options
    My apologies about the typo, but I meant not more then $19K. I did some research after making the previous post and right now the lowest possible price is $19988 for a LE and $20750 for a SE. Less then a $800 difference.

I misspoke about a LE for $19K plus fees, its not possible.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Hey,
    Its difficult to even find the $20k price for an LE in MA
    If you know someone offering it, please do let me know.

My target price is $21,500 OTD for an LE which is very hard to get here.
    I am planning to do some shopping as its the last weekend of the month, hopefully get some good deal.

Thanks
    RIkin
  • Options
    Hey Dude....mazda 6 that is

If you found a dealer to purchase an LE for $19k I would have bought it
    already. It makes so much sense to step up to the SE but i just don't need
    paddle shifters, alloy wheels and fog lights. ALthough, it will be under review.

The HUGE difference are the seats. The seat style really brings it to a luxury style. It would be interesting to know if the foam in the SE is a higher quality than the LE. Seating quality is usually determined by the foam inside the seat.

I challenge you to obtain a better car for your dollar than an SE in black.

Certain dealers have a different style of business. Orange, Roseville, seem to have trained
    their internet managers with a "Bid it to get" attitude. Ask for the price and you shall receive
    without dealer bull.

Please let me know about a price under $19,988 in your journeys.

thanks
    C1
  • Options
    Hi Bro,

If I find LE's lower then $19988, I will definitely let you know. As of right now, the SE is the best deal in terms of price and equipment.

Thanks
  • Options
    Hi RIKin,

I am in MA. I have been quoted for LE 20.6 by a couple of dealers..SE for 21K .. Will provide more details later..I plan to go visit them over the weekend..

Will let you know by Monday.
  • Options
    Hey Vkma,
    Even I am planning to visit a cpl of dealerships this weekend, and will probably end up buying it if they offer me a great deal.

I would be targeting an LE for $20K and SE for $20,600 or something around that.
    I hope they have some good deals as I want to buy it soon.

Thanks for the response.
    I will be looking at this page during the weekend too, so if you wanna respond to your findings on saturday that would be helpful too if I plan to go there on sunday.

Rikin
  • Options
    I am not sure if I/we will be able to get the numbers you are hoping LE -20K, SE-20.6K. But yes, that is a good target to keep. Be a couple of 100 higher.
  • Options
    cpl2usacpl2usa Member Posts: 18
    Purchase Date: 07/03/2012
    Rebate form Received by Toyota: 07/12/2012
    Check Mailed by Toyota: 7/27/2012

SE 4cy with NAV + SUNROOF + CONV PKG + LEATHER + MATS = $25000 + $2000 (7% NJ tax + title) = $27000-$750 (Edmunds rebate) = $26250 (on road price).

SWEEEEEEEEET!! LOVE IT !!!!!
  • Options
    Hi Bro,

Looking at the end of the month deal today (ads), the cheapest price I have seen for a new 2012 Camry LE is $19,997 plus TTL. As for the SE, the cheapest price I have seen is $20,750 plus TTL.

I don't think prices will go any lower until the new Accord and Fusion hit the market in the fall, followed by the new Mazda6 in spring of 2013.

As I mentioned before, it comes down to whether you like the LE or SE and the price difference is $753 before TTL.

Thanks.