Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    cinucinu Member Posts: 2
    Hi Bro,

can you give the dealer info where you are getting 2012 SE for 20,750. The best price I got so far was 22,090.

Thank you in advance
  • Options
    cinucinu Member Posts: 2
    Hi buddy,

I live in MA. Dealer quoted me camry SE for 22,090. Can you give me the dealership details . I think 22800 (Including Tax/Title/Reg./Doc. Fees) is a great deal. PLs share the details

Thank you in advance
  • Options
    coches1coches1 Member Posts: 104
    Hello M6D

You are right about prices not decreasing until the fall. I cannot believe
    the prices of the 2012 accords. they are changing body styles and are
    giving them away. It would be scary to know what honda is giving the
    dealers.

Bro, please let me know if you see a LE for about 19k-19.5k in the print ads,
    or SE for about 20k. The print ads can be any dealer from the SFV to the Mexican border.

thanks
    C1
  • Options
    mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    Hi Bro,

The dealerships were Roseville Toyota and Maita Toyota in Sacramento, CA.
    Take care.
  • Options
    Hi Bro,

Sounds good. Will keep you posted.
  • Options
    advan13advan13 Member Posts: 6
    edited July 2012
    Heads up. There is a rebate from autotrader. http://autotraderconquestrebate.com/offer
  • Options
    vkmavkma Member Posts: 16
    This is offered obly in the Northern California...Any one know why? Is there any such rebate for other states?
  • Options
    j06j06 Member Posts: 90
    How do I get the link for the rebate.. I was going to buy an SE.. Please help
  • Options
    I am planning to buy an SE.. any one from NY/NJ area... pls give me the best OTD price for SE base model..
  • Options
    Thanks advan 13

How did it appear on auto trader website? Was it a pop up ad after
    being on line? Also please share the type cars you were looking for?

thanks for sharing the info. we are hopeful it can be used here in southern Ca.

C1
  • Options
    rikinrikin Member Posts: 10
    Hi,
    Bought an LE today for $22K OTD in MA.

The dealer didnt wanna go lower that this. And so bought it as this was the lowest that I have come across in the whole of last month.

Hope this helps

Rikin
  • Options
    kevin06kevin06 Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2012
    Was this 26500 OTD or before ttl? I got a quote for a XLE w/same options for 27.5k OTD (tax 6.75%).

Is it reasonable or too high?
  • Options
    advan13advan13 Member Posts: 6
    It was a banner on autotrader. I was looking at lexus rx350s and mdxs. Hope this helps. You can probably call the phone number on the website for details.
  • Options
    luckyboyluckyboy Member Posts: 12
    anyone else notice on the email they send you for that rebate it only mentions being valid on the rav4, tundra and highlander
  • Options
    ezericsezerics Member Posts: 45
    interesting. where did you get this deal?

Does anybody else have a current price for an SE V6 loaded (leather,convenience, nav, etc)?

Also, is there a good place people suggest to get a reasonable estimate for what your trade in is worth to a dealer?

Thanks
  • Options
    ezericsezerics Member Posts: 45
    I have a general question about what you said about the internet managers...

how does one typically get to deal with the internet managers/internet sales department? Last year we leased a lexus for my wife (I think I did fairly well price-wise); when I started out I used some of these online services (truecar, i think) to get quotes emailed to me. However, about 5 or 6 dealerships emailed me quotes for a base model, and I basically ended up going into the dealership and meeting with them and negotiating the extras that I wanted. I didn't see that it was much different than walking straight into the dealership other than the initial contact was them to me, via email. I certainly didn't feel like I got any great deal because of it.

Now then, how does one get in contact with the internet department to get better pricing and no BS? Is there still haggling involved or do they simply give you an accurate fair price?

thanks
  • Options
    stillconfusedstillconfused Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking to buy a 2012 camry se with 8 way power seat , and floor mat set only.

Either the dealerships around here in Ky. are feeling the financial crunch ,and or have miraculously gotten easier to deal with , or my numbers are off.

I need to make sure it's not my numbers.

So far I've checked with 2 local dealers that I have never been able to buy from in the past.

One dealer stopped at $21,900

- $ 1,000 college incentive

$20,900 + TTl I'll take care of out of state.

Another dealer was at $ 21,700

- $ 1,000 college incentive

$ 20,700 + TTL I'll take care of

I did not disclose dealer 1's price to dealer # 2.

Odd to me that they stopped only $200 apart. My first thought was that this is a pretty good price , but they were pretty easy to get to that point .

So is this about as low as I can expect to get or are my numbers wrong ?
  • Options
    franktsai1franktsai1 Member Posts: 6
    My experience to all Orange County CA dealership's Internet sales are waste time. All the quote from them are not close to the walk-in with the sales rep. Their price quoted even higher than their Ads in the newspaper. The lowest quote I got:
    LE: $21385 with MSRP@$24045.
    SE: $21843 with MSRP@$24645.

Hop you get better quote.
  • Options
    jimdrewjimdrew Member Posts: 84
    SEV6 loaded $28K OTD....as far as trade the Kelly Blue Book was right on the money.

Jimmy Drew
  • Options
    I have noticed the samething.
  • Options
    p1dbp1db Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    I bought a new Camry SE 4cyl with Navigation, power driver seat and floor mat options. 22599 + Tax+Fees for a total of 24979 in Northern California. Was that a good deal? Truecar price was closer to 23200.
  • Options
    catalina56catalina56 Member Posts: 18
    Hi,

Anyone have any information about buying a 2012 Camry XLE anywhere in Arizona? I would appreciate any help. Thanks :)
  • Options
    Hi Rikin, Mazda6dude, Coaches and others..

Just completed a deal for LE for 19.9 +TTL in MA.

Please comment on how the deal sounds.
  • Options
    ocbmwocbmw Member Posts: 31
    Just wanted to update you guys on my rebate status, I received the check yesterday and I am going to deposit it soon.
  • Options
    OCBMW

This could be the first confirmation of the check being received. How long
    did you wait after you actually mailed in the required documents?

Thanks from all who have the rebate offer!!

coches1
  • Options
    ocbmwocbmw Member Posts: 31
    I mailed a week after the purchase. I have seen few other people getting their check in mail here.
  • Options
    manchurianmanchurian Member Posts: 20
    Just received the check! If you applied for the rebate, you can check the status at www.toyotacashback.com.
  • Options
    Hey Bro AKA mazda6dude

Well, its showdown time at the So. Ca. Toy. stores. The good news is
    increased car sales because of a stronger economy.
    The bad news is lack of ca$h incentives from the Toy. store.

Its buy or die because the edmunds rebate expires if the car is not purchased at the end of this weekend. I have to buy the car and the ? is where. Roseville,
    Orange, and Maita are at about $20k for a LE. All the rest will not commit to any prices on the phone. Some of the managers should realize we are in the 21st century and not sell cars with last centuries sales presentations.

Let me know if you hear of anything. ld752 at yahoo. I am ready to buy now. You seem to have been in this business because of all the knowledge you share with the members.

Thanks and let me know if you hear of any news on the pricing of the cars
    c1
  • Options
    Hey,
    Nice !!!
    You saved $400 bucks than what i paid.
    Where did you get it from ?? Not that it matters now :(
    so whats your OTD figure?? and any added options ??

Rikin
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I know this is not related to this thread… but since this thread is so active I am asking it here… I am leaning toward Camry.

for this model experienced any remarkable issues? Like the last model corolla camshaft, water pump etc..
  • Options
    IRA - Actually saved more than $ 400..But does not matter..I almost paid what you paid...but managed to get away from that deal..

The option I got was just the power seat/mats..What options did u get?
  • Options
    suem51suem51 Member Posts: 4
    What state is OTD quote of 27.5k? I got quote for XLE (leather pkg) for 26,762 - OTD quote was 29,167 which seems vver high (CT tax 6.35%). If I have to travel to another state to buy the car I'm willing.
  • Options
    suem51suem51 Member Posts: 4
    Can you provide dealer name/city where you bought for $22k OTD in MA?
  • Options
    ariknycariknyc Member Posts: 37
    I went to purchase a Toyota at Route 22 Toyota in Hillside NJ and the experience was really bad. I do not recommend this dealer and caution all forum readers to stay away. Even if you could get a good deal from them, I doubt they would provide good service in the future. There are a lot of negative reviews about this dealership.
  • Options
    catalina56catalina56 Member Posts: 18
    Kevin,

2012 XLE Camry 4 Cyl. with Naviation, back up camera and Blind Spot Monitor: in Tucson Arizona was $27,900 plus TTL? Is that a good price?

Richard
  • Options
    deputydog1214deputydog1214 Member Posts: 5
    I found a similar experience. I requested quotes to over a dozen internet sales department. As it turned out, 10 out of 12 those inquiries for quotes went directly to regular floor salesman who wanted more information and wanted to get you to go in! Two of them went straight to the internet managers. And both of them gave me direct quotes immediately. How I learned to bypass the salesman is by not using the services (truecar, edmund's, autobytel, etc.) but rather, go directly to the dealership website. Click on the staff. You will see who the internet manager is, and fleet manager if they are a fleet dealership. Then you know who to contact.
  • Options
    In Jan 2009 I bought a Corolla S from this dealership. They offered me cheaper price than other dealers. But the financier tried to add few bucks to the monthly payment (315 instead of 307). That’s 8 dollars per month add up to 500 with 60 months payment. We caught it and he was trying to argue that he is working as a financier for 15 years…

Anyway we purchased the car. Now at 22K miles.. been servicing there… my car have the problem with its camshaft.. the TSB out for the 2009 models… for the past few weeks I been hearing grinding noise at cold startups.. dropped at the dealer a day before the appointment to hear the loud noise at the first start of the day… I even showed them videos of cars having the similar sound at the start.. and I requested them to do a TSB on my car. They called back in the evening to let me know that you can pick up the car they could not validate my claims. Still the noise comes at the start after the car sitting for 3 or 4 hours. Now I have to drop the car in the evening and go back the next morning to start the car with their tech to prove the sound exists. They are reluctant to take care of the warranty. I called Toyota like 3 times.. the dealer needs to verify the problem and need to submit the claim.. Without that Toyota can’t do anything..

Their service is good but hesitant to help you with warranty claims. Also you need to be an educated person with the cars. Otherwise they will rip you off with request to change so many things… I think most of the dealers do the same…
  • Options
    I looked at one this weekend in Greensburg, PA. It is a 2012 Camry SE ~ Attitude Metallic Black fully loaded. The sticker does not show the amenities, they are factory installed as Standard Equipment. The only optional equipment is carpets/mats at $225. The sticker looks like this:
    MSRP= $30,115 + $225 + $760 destination fee = Total $31,100.
    I ended up buying the hybrid for best gas mileage.
  • Options
    I just bought a Toyota Camry XLE Hybrid two days ago. Can you please share where you found information about this rebate? I would truly appreciate it! :)
  • Options
    Just bought one in Barcelona Red in the Western PA area (15601) two days ago. The negotiating experience was excruciating!!!! This is my first time buying experience. I am haunted that I paid more than I should have.

MSRP base = $ 27,500
    Optional Equipment :
    Display Audio w/Nav + Entune (no JBL) = $1050
    Conveniemce Pkg + $695
    Leather Pkg = $ 1,140
    Moonroof = $915
    Mats = $225
    Destination Fee = $760

Sticker Total MSRP = $32,305

Edmund's TMV = $30,222 and Base Total = $29,601

I paid $31,568 (includes tx,ttl,reg) (I think?)

That sales manager had my head spinning so bad, because he would not put it on paper for me to check, he would show me on his computer, and kept manipulating stuff. I couldn't understand the format on the computer. And no matter how I work the numbers on the contract, nothing comes out the same! I don't know if I even got a decent deal now. What do you think? Be honest! I need to know. :sick:

~~ signed, a first time car buyer
    :P
  • Options
    Hey
    I got it from Woburn Toyota, but as you must have read in other posts
    This other guy got it for less than the price i paid from Ira Toyota.
    So you might wanna try that first. :)
    Rikin
  • Options
    sienamansienaman Member Posts: 5
    Picked up my new SE this week. Convenience, leather, nav, moonroof purchased at about 87% of MSRP. If you are in the market for a Camry, make sure to ask about the Conquest manufacturer-to-dealer incentive ($500 if you show registration of another manufacturer) and get Toyota Financial to match the Penfed 1.49% 60-month rate. Also, go here for a $250 debit card:

http://www.toyota.com/nationwide/
  • Options
    4 or 6 Cylinder ?

MSRP please....
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,383
    Your personal security is important to us, so please do not post your email address in a message.

You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    msmbmsmb Member Posts: 41
    Am thinking of buying a new (2012) Camry Hybrid LE. Nothing included aside from carpets and standard features (locks, cruise, etc). The cost is 23400 (+ tax and tags). Invoice price I believe is around 27000. Is this a good deal? What is the best price you have heard of for a similar vehicle in your region? This information would really help.
  • Options
    I think, that is a pretty good deal..a couple of 100s lower (23.5) would make it exceptional.
  • Options
    buzzbuzzbuzzbuzz Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for an i4 SE. I am being quoted about 300 below invoice. I don't have the exaxt numbers with me but these are for models with very minimal options. What should I realistically expect below invoice?
  • Options
    msmbmsmb Member Posts: 41
    do you mean 23500 with Tax and tags? With tax and tags my cost should be at around 24000. Any opinions?? Selling price is the lowest I have seen, at least $2000 below the commonly discounted price. Do you know of anyone who has done better and if so in which part of the country?
  • Options
    The sticker for the SE seems is messed up..30,115 with no installed options seems unreasonably high.
  • Options
    Hi Suem51,

IRA Toyota of Danvers was 19.6 + Tax + Reg.+ Title = ~21,300