Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    vkmavkma Member Posts: 16
    If the price you are getting for Hybrid is 24K , with Taxes etc..That is great..What is the amount dealer is asking for without the taxes,title and Reg.?
  • Options
    bharaldsonbharaldson Member Posts: 4
    I'm in the market for a basic Camry LE 4 cyl. and wondering where the best price is that someone has paid. Thanks!
  • Options
    suem51suem51 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you sienaman for tip on debit card!
  • Options
    suem51suem51 Member Posts: 4
    Bought 2012 Camry XLE - leather seats, convenience pkg, floor mats and keyless remote (does not have navigation, entune or upgraded audio) - in MA for $25,499, OTD $27,460. I live in CT but I couldn't find anything less than OTD $29,100 around me for same car. Only downside is I had no idea I was going to be buying car so I couldn't pay for it then so couldn't drive it home with me but dealer will bring to me in about a week or so after I mail CT plates to them. Did get a price of $27,425 OTD in Clarksville, Maryland (www.antwerpentoyota.com/) but happened to be visiting Cape Cod and got to see/drive/buy a specific car in person whereas in Maryland I'd have to put a deposit down sight unseen and then travel 5 hrs to get there.
  • Options
    coches1coches1 Member Posts: 104
    !wow! great price. If $19.6k was the price for an LE, you obtained a great price.
    In So Ca. the best price for an LE is $20k. Actually, the price is $500.00 more
    in CA. It now costs $20,500k for an LE. Anyone have an explanation?

thanks coches1
  • Options
    catalina56catalina56 Member Posts: 18
    Just received a final quote from a Phoenix, Arizona dealer for a 2012 Camry XLE, 4 Cyl., convenience package, Blind Spot Monitor, upgraded audio and navigation package, Back up camera, for $27,950 plus tax, title, doc fee $412. & license. OTD (Out The Door $31,366.92. Do you think this is a good deal? Thanks

Catalina56
  • Options
    j06j06 Member Posts: 90
    according to Toyota site Your MSRP will be $31,030. Excellent if you get $30,000-30,500 OTD.. You should atleast get $500 below sticker price.. especially with year end..
  • Options
    zonecarzonecar Member Posts: 17
    Hey mazda6dude,

I am currently in the market in buying an SE and LE hybrid and I am in Orange CA also.
    From the ads you see, which are the dealerships offering around 20750 of the SE? And any ads for the LE hybrid?

I am currently in Nor Cal but will go back to south Cal to buy the car on labor day weekend.

Thanks
  • Options
    mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    Hi Bro!

As of today, the lowest price for a new 2012 Toyota Camry SE I have seen is at Maita Toyota, MSRP is $24,205, sale Price $20,988 plus fees. Its on their website. The dealership in Orange County is selling for $21,495.

Labor Day weekend will have some deal for sure, make sure to look at ads.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    zonecarzonecar Member Posts: 17
    Thanks for replying!

For ads you mean old fashion Sunday newspaper? or their website?
    I will pay attention to the ads, but are most dealers will honor the ads price? Or its just their tactics so lure buyer in and deny their posted deal on ads.

On toyota forums I read a guy bought an SE I4 which is listed on the ad for 19999 from Toyota of Orange two weeks ago. If that's true than its an awesome deal!
  • Options
    I have heard stories of buyers going in with the print ad and
    buying the car for the stated price.

You would think after being lured in they would not sell the print ad price but
    they know you are serious and want to sell a car. It did not work for me but
    every dealer is different.

Toyota of Orange has great prices. They raised the price from 19,888 for an LE to
    20,488. Maybe toyota raised the dealer price. Orange might sell you a SE for 204888. Their internet dept. provides verbal quotes without any games. Well, at least when I called.

Current Toyota offers end 9/4/12. Look for a actual cash back from 500-1000.

Let me know if yo find a LE for $19K.

thanks
    coches1
  • Options
    smiles3usasmiles3usa Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2012
    $23,400 is an excellent price. I bought a Camry hybrid LE with no additional options just standard plus mats for $23,888 last night. OTD price was 25,830 (349 doc fees, plus tax, title and registration). I bought at Boch Toyota in Norwood, MA. Just showed salesperson the ad on my iphone and said I'll take the loss leader. He comes back and tries to add $1000 because I didn't qualify for the college grad rebate. I quickly pointed out that Toyota wasn't giving the rebate on the Camry Hybrid--just the Camry, Rav4, Corolla and Venza. He leaves again, and when he comes back, no more talk of the additional $1000. :blush: In and out of the dealership with test drive in 2 hours. First really pleasant buying experience. :)
  • Options
    I would check out both the website and weekend newspaper (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). Usually Friday is the best since its when all the deals come out.

Just a thought, the ads that come out on August 31 (Friday) will have a lot of deals since its the end of the month. I would make sure to buy the local newspaper as well as go to dealer websites and look at all the deals.
  • Options
    m6D

The current Toyota incentives expire on 9/4/12.Do you think their will be a cash rebate for Camry cars after the current incentives expire?

Thanks
  • Options
    I couldn't say, but here one thing I can say, historically (happened in the past), Toyota Offers either a rebate or low APR financing on the Camry.

If I had to guess, I think Toyota will offer a option either take the rebate or get low financing. I wouldn't be suprised to see Toyota offer 0% for 60 months on new 2012 Toyota Camry's to make room for the 2013's.
  • Options
    Thanks Bro,

I think Orange and Maite are the same owners. Their ads are similar in the following respect. The special prices are both 20.488 for a LE. They raised
    their prices from 19.888. Isnt it odd the prices this late in a madel year have been raised?

coches1
  • Options
    dmbst68dmbst68 Member Posts: 50
    I'm also in Western PA.

By zip code "15601", are you referring to Toyota of Greensburg? If so, I've heard mixed reviews on them.

I hope you didn't just walk in & start negotiating. Not to preach, but always go through the Internet Sales rep at a dealership. In my experiences, they're paid a flat rate per unit they sell, not trying to make as much $$ as they can per sale.
  • Options
    Looks like prices have gone up somewhat. Toyota is offering low financing on the Camry, so they might be making up their profits on the other end by rising prices.
  • Options
    The explanation for the $500.00 price increase is $500.00 rebate
    for camrys. Look at the toyota website and you will see it.
  • Options
    tavibenbentavibenben Member Posts: 8
    The salesman told me I can pay the finance with credit card, but I found out there is no option to use credit card. Am I missing something? or the salesman just lied to me?
  • Options
    jatanjatan Member Posts: 92
    If you're talking about Toyota Financial then no:
    http://www.toyotafinancial.com/consumer/tfs.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pg_TFSA- ccountFAQs
    11. May I pay my monthly payment with a credit card?
    Unfortunately, we are not able to process credit card transactions at this time.

You can use a third party service like ChargeSmart but they will hit you with fees so its not worth it
  • Options
    camry_mmmmcamry_mmmm Member Posts: 3
    So I got a quote from a Toyota dealer for XLE hybrid
    Leather, Sunroof, Nav 6.1 (no JBL) and a couple of other $200 items

MSRP $32,300
    Inv $30,200
    Price to me $29,100

Is this a good deal?

thanks
  • Options
    So I got a quote from a Toyota dealer for XLE hybrid
    Leather, Sunroof, Nav 6.1 (no JBL) and a couple of other $200 items

MSRP $32,300
    Inv $30,200
    Price to me $29,100

Is this a good deal?

thanks

From a So Cal dealer
  • Options
    ...and this $29,100 was without TTL since that is different depending on where you live...

Thanks again
  • Options
    Bro,

This is the lowest price I have seen on a new 2012 Camry LE. $19,500 plus fees. Looks like there is 5 at this price. Check it out:

http://findnsave.sacbee.com/Local-Ads/a-356435/Elk-Grove-Toyota/12238817
  • Options
    Boch Toyota in MA has been advertising it at this price for a long time.
    What they don't mention is it includes 1000 fresh Grad rebate and / or 500 military rebate (if eligible)
  • Options
    bamacarbamacar Member Posts: 749
    edited August 2012
    MSRP 22600 with Power Seat, Floormats, and Window Tint. Includes only the standard rebate.

jimbarkleytoyota.com

Asheville, NC

This dealer has no fees. Just bought a Camry XLE Hybrid with $30200 MSRP for $24900. Easy in and out in less than an hour. No add-ons and no pressure for extended warranties or service plans. Best experience in buying a vehicle ever.
  • Options
    Thanks M6D

I will investigate the details of the print ad. It is interesting that Orange Toy.
    raised their LE price $500 to 20,488$. They knew the $500.00 rebate was
    going to start and wanted to raise the profit margin.

The strategy now is to obtain the car for 20k less the 500.00$ rebate.
    We shall see

thanks
    coches1
  • Options
    msmbmsmb Member Posts: 41
    I purchased the car and am now driving it. The invoice says that the car was 22679.50 + $599.50 dealer fee ( I did not even know about this, but do think the dealer has earned it and it is not excessive), for a total price of 23, 279. Title fee was $18 for a total of $23, 297. Have not paid the tax yet but that should be 3%, or $698. Tags should be around $60. Thus the total with tax and tags will come out to $24,055. However, Toyota offers a debit card of $250 if you successfully participate in a competition at their web page. I did this, which will hopefully --have not yet collected -- bring down my purchase price to $23,805, after tax, tags, and everything else. I feel pretty good about it; a pretty easy transaction with no haggling. Second time I have purchased from the dealer and thus far I am as satisfied this time as the first.
  • Options
    lonestar6lonestar6 Member Posts: 19
    I'm a first-time car buyer looking for a car that will mainly be driven by my daughter to community college this year then at a 4-year school next year. On the advice of 3 experienced mechanics, my wife and I have looked only at Toyota, Nissan, and Honda. We assumed we'd buy a used car but it appears that those prices aren't that much below new ones. After test driving one of each at dealerships yesterday, parents and daughter are focused on Toyota. That dealer has a 2013 Corolla, loaded, for $19,999; TMV for our area (Dallas) is $19,809 and a Camry SE 4 dr. w/all the features we want in stock for $22,980 + TT&L A/R; TMV is $23,211. I was stunned on this board to see that a dealer in Orange Co. CA would sell a SE for under $21,000. My daughter's first choice is a RAV 4 and the same dealer has a VERY basic one for $22,445 + TT&L; TMV is $23,792. The only option we really want in any vehicle is the nav system but that adds over $2500 to the RAV 4 due to being offered only in a package. I think my next step will be to try another dealer but folks far more knowledge about car buying in general and Toyotas in particular may say I'm crazy since this dealer is so close to TMV. Also, I'm wondering how after-market nav systems measure up to factory-installed ones (I know that the manufacturers mark those up hugely) and/or if doing that would risk voiding the new car warranty. I'd really appreciate ideas from those of you on this forum.
  • Options
    rocco_hererocco_here Member Posts: 3
    OK peeps I got a Camry SE fully loaded + Tinted windows for 27000 OTD PRICE.
    Is it a good deal ?
  • Options
    lonestar6lonestar6 Member Posts: 19
    Apologies to the board for this additional message but I neglected to include these important bits of info in my original post: 1) We're paying cash. 2) We hoped before we started shopping to keep the cost at 20K at most (but can be a little flexible for great deal on a new car). 3) We want a white car. Thanks.
  • Options
    ambakershutambakershut Member Posts: 1
    Hi, wondering if anyone can offer me advise on what is a great price in Dallas area for below:
    XLE 4 Cyl., Leather, Convenience Package, Navigation, JBL/Entune...

Thanks so much in advance.
  • Options
    jay_jay90jay_jay90 Member Posts: 5
    Is this a good deal?
    From Roseville Toyota
    Base Camry SE Msrp :$24,205
    Price : $20,500
    Otd : $22,805

Sf Toyota offered

Base Camry Se
    $21,251 plus tax and license
    Otd : $23,430 with SF tax and license
    Otd :$23,430 with sf tax and license

It's two hour something drive to Roseville Toyota from Sf , wondering if really worth the drive or I should wait until near labor day
  • Options
    ozzi90ozzi90 Member Posts: 1
    Am I misunderstanding something? You got the Camry Hybrid LE for $25,830 with or without the student discount?
  • Options
    I got the Camry Hybrid LE for 23,888 OTD for $25,830. There was no student discount (and toyota does not offer the discount on the camry hybrid)--although the saleman initially tried to add $1,000 to the ad price of 23,888 because I did not qualify for the discount.
  • Options
    Thanks for the debit card link! Another $250 is an unexpected reward!
  • Options
    $20,500 before TTL for a Base SE is a excellent price and right now Toyota is offering 0.9% for 60 months on the Camry. In my opinion a great deal.
  • Options
    Hey JJ

One question JJ.

Is the cash price of 20,500$ the base SE paid at Roseville Toy. include the 500$ customer cash rebate from Toyota or it is without it.

If it is included the cash price is 21,000$

If Not included and you actually paid 20,000$, Mazda6dude and I will arrest you for
    G.T.A. lol

coches1
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    hi,

The price of $20,500, isn't included with the $500 customer cash rebate from Toyota.

How do you get $500 customer cash rebate?

I've seen the rebate only from two dealers that I emailed to, one of them being from Toyota Sunnyvavle.

MSRP: $24,205
    Dealer Invoice: $22,451
    Toyota Sunnyvale's VIP Price: $22,651
    Manufacturer Rebate: -$500
  • Options
    Hey JJ

The 500$ rebate is a national promotion depending on the region. The OFFICIAL Toyota website should have a link to local specials. Enter your zip code and the offers will appear for each Toyota model.

This 500$ is offered to you and not to the dealer. Negotiate the best price and then
    use the rebate to lower the price.

I am looking for a LE Camry. Please ask this same dealer what his best price is on a LE. Let me know what he says because I want to buy it A>S>A>P

thanks
    coches1
  • Options
    You should be able to negotiate under the TMV Value. TMV is starting negotiaion price.
  • Options
    Hi jay jay

What dealer did you obtain these prices for the Camry?

thanks

coches1
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Hi, I actually emailed all the dealer in the Bay Area in California and some dealers in Sacramento Area.

Roseville originally gave me the quote of Se : $20,968. Then I emailed like the dealers if they are willing to beat the price then make them out bid each other again. Basically the LE price is listed on their site.

All the dealers near San Francisco, didn't want to give me cheaper price since the Se is selling themselves.

On the rebate you informed me about, I typed in the zip codes of the dealers and the Toyota Sunnyvale and they didn't show up. I'm just assuming the dealers are just -$500 from the price or something.

Does base Se doesn't come with carpet floor mats?
  • Options
    thanks JJ

Just to confirm, the lowest price you received for the SE was 20,968$ from
    Roseville. Let me know if you obtained a lower price and what dealer.

thanks
    coches1
  • Options
    Elk Gove toyota offered $20,958 which was the lowest.
  • Options
    JJ

The promotion is in the Southern California area. The Northern Toyota dealers are not offering it. It could be the 500$ is a Manufacturer to dealer incentive. This is the real problem with negotiating. The consumer has no idea what the incentives are to the dealer.

Best to always negotiate with the golden question
    "Whats the cash price of the vehicle" without fees.

coches1
  • Options
    artillerybuffartillerybuff Member Posts: 3
    Do you mind sharing the dealership detail?
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Just bought camry basic Se today from Concord Toyota
    Price: $20,512.40
    OTD:$22,918.20

I wasn't expecting there to be a finance charge , which came to be $318.20.
  • Options
    msmbmsmb Member Posts: 41
    I just realized today one reason why my car was a little less expensive (23300 out the door including titling fee and lemmon law fee, without tax and tags, which should raise the total price to around 24000). It is because the model that i purchased of the Hybrid LE does not have the touch screen or the automatic drivers seat. i think some models have it. That is the only difference i can think of. i think that even without those features this was an outstandiing deal.