Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    vf154vf154 Member Posts: 12
    I live in Sunnyvale CA. Where did you buy the car and from what dealer? Thanks, Wayne
  • Options
    vadpvadp Member Posts: 1,025
    The most common model.
    The dealers really wanna move them.
  • Options
    hoosieriusbhoosieriusb Member Posts: 10
    I want to test drive a Camry Hybrid, but I don't want to make the salesperson nervous or listen to their drivel while I'm driving. Is it possible to take a test drive by yourself? The local dealer rents Toyotas, but of course, they don't rent Camry Hybrids. Basically, I want to drive the car in various ways (acceleration, around curves etc.).

Does anyone know if you can put down a deposit, or leave a credit card in order to test drive alone?

Thanks,

Hoosier
  • Options
    moolmanmoolman Member Posts: 129
    It's an LE for sure, I test drove the car and told them I would wait until Friday to end the deal when my cash comes together.

I think I would know the difference, I even have the quote in writing, and it specifically states the MSRP for the LE model and says LE with CF mats.
  • Options
    wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    Does anyone know if you can put down a deposit, or leave a credit card in order to test drive alone?

It's possible if you have a dealer you've dealt with over the years they might (mine does) but to just walk in I doubt it.

However a "test" drive is a test. You need to warm the car up gently, pull out from a stop quickly, take a curve or do whatever you need to do to say that you'd be satisfied. Tell them to buckle up and hang on.

I took a test drive in an Infiniti FX and the guy was showing me the more aggressive features of the car (that is sales person accelerating to 90 mph on a 2 lane road_ and taking curves at 80 in a 45 mph undeveloped area). Then he let me drive it. Needless to say it was the next car I purchased.

Don't abuse a car in the test drive (hopefully you wouldn't abuse your own) but do "drive" it.
  • Options
    tnsigtnsig Member Posts: 25

I really think it depends on the dealer. I know when I was considering an Acura and Infiniti the dealers just handed me the keys and said have fun. I never had to ask to test drive alone. The Nissan dealer also let me and my wife test drive the new Altima alone. It was a different story when I test drove a Toyota and Honda.

However I did figure out how to test drive a Toyota without a salesman. I brought 3 other people with me and asked to test drive a Camry. I told the salesman that I wanted to test drive the car with the people that I brought with me. There was no room for the salesman so he just stayed at the dealership. You may try that...
  • Options
    tdiehltdiehl Member Posts: 13
    you can try test driving one model with the salesman, so he'll get a feel that you're a cautious driver...then when you get back to the dealer...say "I want to test drive this one"(the real one you want to test drive)..and he might let you go alone..thinking it's ok. This happened to my wife an I at a Toyota dealer. We drove the LE first with dealer, then the SE by ourselves...but mainly because we weren't sure which one we got..
  • Options
    Hey all,
    Just bought the Camry. Bought it from Longo Toyota. Paid $20200. So $18428 plus tax, license etc. This was for the LE only option was the CF mats. I got a japanese built one. I bought nothing else, did not finance, paid cash. No trade in, nothing else. Way under invoice. Email me if you want the salesman's name.
  • Options
    shyneeshynee Member Posts: 9
    I got couple of questions.

When you say invoice, are you including the Destination Fee ?

Are the prices on the Options are fixed ? Here is an example

Details for Option D - $1,940

- JBL® AM/FM EJ)
    - 50 State Emissions (FE)
    - Aluminum Wheel (All Season) (AS)
    - Moonroof Package(SR)

Is this $1,940 negotiable ?

Appreciate y'r opinion

-Shynee
  • Options
    Just got it the other day, for $17,450 plus tax, lic, reg -- $19,070 out of the door total.
    One of my local dealers runs "specials" every Friday.
    It's usually 2-5 cars per an event. The deals are being advertised in the paper.
    In order to get one I had to go to the dealer's still locked gates at around 5 a.m. and obtain a ticket from a security guy.
    Then I went home and came back right before the opening, presented my ticket to a sales person and completed the purchase.
    No negotiations or other BS.
    The only thing is that you can't choose the color. This time they had 3 silver cars, last week - 5 blacks, before that - reds.
  • Options
    shyneeshynee Member Posts: 9
    I got a quote for $23,000 + Tax + Title for a Camry SE v4 4dr AT with the following options.

FE EJ AS SR CF R7

How much I can bring down the price further ?

Appreciate it
  • Options
    Great price,
    I tried the $17995 specials around the LA area but I specifically wanted a Japanese built one, so I had to pay the extra $400 at Longo.
  • Options
    manujawsmanujaws Member Posts: 29
    Hello All,

I am looking to buy a 207 Camry (CE or LE) in the next two weeks in the Philadelphia area. Anybody with previous buying experience, please connect. Would like to know which delaer you went to and what price you paid for it. Currently, I am being offered 20k for a LE and 19k for a CE. I do want the remote keyless, so I might go for the CE+Keyless for 19.6K. Are these prices ok.

Please help.... Urgent!!!
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    checkout www.fitzmall.com

They're close enough to you, to make it a worthwhile and simple shopping experience
  • Options
    virusvirus Member Posts: 21
    07 Camry SE V6 Loaded Even included the 18 inch TRD rims.
    $30,100
    TTT's
    $31,326.71
  • Options
    Moolman, have you had a chance to compare side-by-side the US and Japaneses built Camries?
    Both lines have the exact same drivertrains for the 4-cyl models - the engines being sourced from the US with the A/Trannys coming from Japan- so there is no difference there.
    But while on the lot, I've checked a couple of the Japanese cars and compared them to an American unit.
    During a brief examination of the US interior, I've found some uneven gaps in the dashboard area, while the Japanese cars had none.
    Being extremely anal about details, I then proceeded to examine with a fine-tooth comb my Kentucky sourced car.
    To my surprise, I've found the same slightly misaligned dashboard pieces, plus a steering wheel horn pad that isn't
    perfectly centered and has a little bit larger gap on one side than the other. It functions perfectly though.
    To be fair, most folks would probably never notice the little things I've just mentioned but the fact is the Japanese cars I've checked featured more precise interior assembly.
  • Options
    vf154vf154 Member Posts: 12
    I'm in Sunnyvale CA. Where did you buy this car?
    ...Wayne
  • Options
    San Diego, CA
  • Options
    Thanks. I did. Their prices are more than what I have been offered. Like the 2007 LE Camry is being offered at 20.5 k. Now I have offered 20k for the LE. Both prices exclude TTL. Will the dealer add some more fees when we start the buying? I am not sure or I dont know. So which is better?

Please respond. Thanks
  • Options
    If you have a local price lower than Fitzmall's, then I'd grab it......and make sure they don't tack on a bunch of administrative or doc fees.
  • Options
    You are absolutely right!! I also checked with Edmunds.com and they say the Invoice Price + Destination charge equals 19,400. So Obviously I am not getting a good deal here. Read other posts of how people have gotten a good deal.

Sorry, stupid questions but I am a novice buyer. I do need help here ):
  • Options
    Your comments are confusing.

Are you saying you got a better deal (on equivalent model and optioned cars) than the Fitzmall prices? If so, then assuming the local dealer isn't adding a bunch of additional charges then you should get it. If they play funny games or add additional fees, go get it at Fitzmall. You don't have to waste a lot of time.

You may find some place willing to let some loss leader go (you can't choose color or options you want), but you'll be doing an awful lot of haggling and searching to try and save that last 50 bucks.

Fitzmall always have very good no-haggle prices, if you can match them locally, go for it.
  • Options
    I too have the same exact problems. My horn pad was misalligned and it was off center. The alignment was also off a tad. Hard to tell while driving, but after 800 miles the tires started to feather. Dealer corrected. The dash also is slightly off in fittings wround the radio. Nobody notices, but I'm kinda anal and expect a 30k car to be perfect. These are acceptable, the transmition flare is not.
  • Options
    I didn't check side by side like you did and after hearing your findings, I'm glad I got a Japanese built camry. The main reason I got the J model was probably percieved quality on my part. I've spent some time in Asia and from my experience, Japanese workers tend to work harder on export products because they have this belief that if their exports suck, nobody would buy from them and they are toast. It's the only edge they have against China and Korea is right no their tails. We Americans do not have that attitude yet, so I placed my bets on a Japanese built car.
  • Options
    dan4pwcdan4pwc Member Posts: 8
    i have a quastion but i dont know where i should posted anyway your feedback is apretiated.my camry is Japan maid and i have it for last 2 months recently (4 days ago exactly) i observed that under the trunk in both side its to bulky pices of metal with perforation on them i think they are for instaling the TOW HITCH but i'm not sure and in parking where i park my car its 3 more camry none of them has this 2 pices anybody knows any thing did you ever saw such a thing.
    thanks
  • Options
    Well, I have asked all of them to give me "Delivered Price" tomorrow. That will tell me whether they will add all those processing fees to it.

Between, what r these extra costs they could add....

Also, by reading last few posts, I am going to ask for a Japanese built car. Would that be the best? Reading other posts, I also see that cars built after Oct 1 may not have the transmission problems

Thanks for answering my questions....
  • Options
    Depending what area of the country you are in, you may not even find a J-made vehicle. The post-Oct build date is more important.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    ymchnymchn Member Posts: 5
    The dealer called me last Friday and told me they had this special for Saturday. I went there around 9 am so did not spending any time waiting outside the door. I thought the price was for basic LE, but it comes with spoiler and CF mat. The dealer said they made mistake because they did not notice these extra options so I got them for free. The only thing I paid extra is the ETCH (for another $299). The dealer advertises every Friday on Ventura Star and 2 weeks ago they offered $3000 discount of MSRP for all LEs. By the way, my car is made in Japan too.
  • Options
    $18K for LE, that is fantastic pricing...... Guess there IS a benefit to being in a competitive area on the west coast!

Now if we could only get some of that into the SouthEast monopoly.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies. I have found out about all the costs that the dealer can add. Was wondering if anyone from near Philly area recently bought a car. Woudl like to lok at the invoice copy or the list of costs in it, if possible?

Thanks
  • Options
    CR has a service that only charges you $14 and they will tell you exactly how much a dealership paid for the car. It will include holdbacks, and all the other hidden incentives to the dealership. Dealerships are happy to show you the invoice now because it is nowhere near there actual cost. Although with Camry's and Accords it's pretty difficult. Especially with the Camry's since they are flying out of the lots.
  • Options
    wjimwjim Member Posts: 1
    I just bought a new Camry Hybrid last Saturday 2-10-07. price at invoice plus $0 (dealer invoice)
    price $24899
    included the followingoptions:
    1) floor and trunk mats ($199 invoice price)
    2) Wheel lock ($50)
    3) heated mirror ($38)
    Option price are included in the above mentioned price.
    Tax: 1493.94 (PA 6%)
    pa tire tax $5
    document fee $55
    online fee $20
    title $73.5
    total of 26562.19
    silver color, with ash fabric interior.

The sale person called Mike Mcelligott of Team Toyota of Langhorn is a wonderful guy, very very nice and profesional.
    I had some bad experience with other guys from Liberty Toyota (NJ)which promised me something and never delivered, the price Mike offered me is better than I expected. very satifsied with the car and the service!!!!
  • Options
    rrajarraja Member Posts: 7
    Hello All,

Please comment whether the quote I got is a good deal or what is the final deal I should accept.

Toyota Camry 2007 LE 4Dr Automatic
    moonroof package
    carpet/trunk mat set
    leather seat
    heated seat
    including tax, fees, etc. out the door dealer quoted $24,100.

Is this a good deal? or what would be the best price to pay?

Thanks in advance,
    Shanku
  • Options
    dan4pwcdan4pwc Member Posts: 8
    These are the pictures coments are welcome
    http://www.carspace.com/dan4pwc/Albums/Camry%20Le%20HITCH/
  • Options
    How would anybody know if this is a good deal, without understanding what the specifics and your tax structure is? Every state can be different. You would need to give the MSRP for the car, the invoice if you know or calculated it, the negotiated price of the car, then the additional fees and taxes which gets you up to the $24,100.

For instance, your taxes could be $200 or they could be $2000....a big difference as to how good the deal on the car was. You could have no doc fee, or 699 doc fee.
  • Options
    Just got a best deal on the LE. 19300 + TTL - 400 College Grad Rebate. Price on road should be 20,235.

IS THIS GOOD?
  • Options
    mikes2mikes2 Member Posts: 43
    Went into Kanata Toyota here in Ottawa Canada, so I could look at the SE. Was told that it would be 4-8 weeks+ to get delivery (I suspect maybe even longer the way they said it), and they would charge 1-2% over invoice.

Took a test drive and was astonished to see the interior build quality issues (panel gaps, misaligned panels) referred to in the Edmunds Long Term Road Test log http://blogs.edmunds.com/roadtests/!discloc=.ee94e80&nopopup=1&cat=2007ToyotaCam- ry, in each of the 3 different cars I looked at(!) The test drive car also had noticeable squeeks. Couldn't believe they'd use it for the test drive - not a good first impression! The panel gaps, etc. were also right on the dash - and stuck out like a sore thumb to me. This may not be an indicator of reliability, but boy, not something I would have expected to see.
  • Options
    holly8holly8 Member Posts: 6
    How can I find out if the car was made after Oct? (Where to look?) What's the CE and LE going for these days? I'm in Texas, Gulf states Toyota territory. Friends got their 2007 LE's at the end of 2006 for less than what I'm being offered now. (They paid about 19,500 Drive out)
    Any thoughts would help. Thanks
  • Options
    coolguysacoolguysa Member Posts: 2
    I don't get it. What state did you buy your car in? I used to work for an auto dealer; I even worked for a Toyota dealer. I have seen people try to bring their car back after a purchase, and they can't bring the car back once they buy a car. The 3 day resintion rule only works if someone goes to ones house; it doesn't apply if one goes to the business, such as one goes to a dealership and buys a car. How are you able to bring a car back to a dealership after you buy a car. I really would like to know what state has this law.
  • Options
    tdepolotdepolo Member Posts: 2
    I thought I would add my price as this forum was helpful to me. I bought a 2007 LE with the upgraded radio with bluetooth, 6cd and 100K warranty for 18,990. The car was slightly used with 6,100 miles, the dealer was using the car for customers etc. Anyway I never had any luck finding dealers anywhere near invoice prices for new ones like some of you have. If you don't mind a few miles on the car consider using cars.com to find low mileage models locally, that how I found this one. The car has been perfect, had it for 3 months, had the trans reprogrammed to deal with the slight hesitation issue, now resolved, and I love this car. good luck
  • Options
    There is a sticker on the drivers door jamb, which identifies year and month of mfg.
  • Options
    petlpetl Member Posts: 610
    Last month I drove an hour out of town to purchase my Camry Hybrid (Cornwall). Don't like the big dealers. The only noise I had was from a dash speaker cover (repaired in no time). The car is more quiet and solid than the 2002 XLE that I traded in (so far). Not sure what you mean by "The panel gaps, etc. were also right on the dash - and stuck out like a sore thumb to me.". Everything lines perfectly, at least in the vehicles I looked at. Very luxurious feel to it (possibly due, in part, to the leather option).

Good luck with your decision.
  • Options
    Hey Guys, I will be purchasing a 07 camry today. I know there have been discussions on buying the extended warranrty from "Midwest", if I am not wrong. How do I do this. Can I do this. I am in Philly. I dont want to pay 1300 for a 7 yr 100 k miles warranty. I read in a few posts before that you can buy it for 800 or so. But ZI wasnt able to find out how to do this. Can someone direct me...

Thanks. B/w I have an offer of 18900 + TTL for a LE 07 Camry Silver.
  • Options
    grant2grant2 Member Posts: 30
    Planet Toyota in Orland Park (I think) may sell the extended warranty for $50 above cost. 2 yrs ago, I got one for that price. $800 something dollars.

Which dealership are you receiving the '07 Camry LE Automatic for $18,900? Does that include the floor mats?
  • Options
    Yes, It includes the Z1 package which is the floor mats and etc.. I will give the dealer name once I make the purchase. I dont want to "JINX' it. Between, how much would the extended warranty cost at this point. I am looking at 7 yr 100K
  • Options
    Can U buy tthis online??/
  • Options
    mikes2mikes2 Member Posts: 43
    Petl, glad you Camry is fine. To get an idea of what I mean, take a look at the link I provided to the Edmunds long-term test. The cars I saw had misalinged panels, panel gaps that were clearly larger than intended, and lots of places where the flashing hadn't been removed. If this had been one car, it wouldn't be a big deal, but since it appeared on the Edmunds test car, and the 3 that I looked at on the lot, I can't help think that there's a real risk others will have it too. If we went for the Camry, it would mean having to find a dealer with the exact car we're looking for, since I wouldn't want to risk ordering one, only to have similar problems.

Anyway, enjoy the car - other than those issues, it seemed like a nice!
  • Options
    stlpike07stlpike07 Member Posts: 229
    Is the warranty through Toyota or a private company? The extended warranty I got through Toyota was less expensive than the other private company ones.
  • Options
    holly8holly8 Member Posts: 6
    If the extended warranty is from a 3rd party (not toyota), it's more like an insurance, right? Advise from our mechanic shop owners, is that these cars usually don't start to have major problems until they reach 100k miles, which is when the warranty is over. So it's kinda not worth it. When we purchased a sienna, they tried to sell the extended warranty to us starting at around 2500 for the minimum coverage(kinda fuzzy now), but we made it clear we did not want it. He kept lowering the price for it slowly by a hundred here and there. Finally, we said we don't think it's worth it. He asked "how much do you think this kind of coverage is worth to you?" We answered "a couple hundred dollars maybe". He then said that he would sell it to us at the dealer cost of about 800, Kinda fuzzy now, but I know for under 1000. Anyways, we still declined the coverage. That's our experience, if it's helpful to anyone.
  • Options
    joecarnutjoecarnut Member Posts: 215
    I noticed on the buytoyota.com website that when I was building a camry that it was $449 or something close to add a factory XM radio to the car.
    I was under the impression earlier that I needed to have the jbl system to be able to get a factory XM radio in the camry.

I live in SoCal and there is not much on terrestrial radio that I enjoy. So XM is a Godsend to me.

Has anyone got the xm factory radio without having the jbl system?

Thanks,
    Joe