Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Ford Freestyle - Taurus X

Comments

• Options
    jpetruzzojpetruzzo Member Posts: 9
    Thanks so much for the the info. The dealer called Ford & translated the first number (casting number) into a part number for the cover.

I have a limited on order, but plan to remove the 2nd row console, which is why I needed the bracket cover. As for the Bolt holes, I guess I'll screw them back in & try to find snap on caps for the heads.
  • Options
    willie19willie19 Member Posts: 139
    Thanks,Tourist1234 and others for your thoughts on the blame game.Recently I stopped by my Ford dealer and picked up a free DVD entitled "The truth about trucks" and I was very impressed by Ford's efforts to over-engineer the build quality of their trucks in comparison to the competition.No small wonder they have been the class leader in this division since time immemorial.Quality sells!

To Ford's credit they discovered the defective straps early so in this case I have to admit my mistake in slamming their beancounters.The two top suppliers, Delphi and Visteon are in serious financial straits, and they too with their beancounters have been looking at devious ways to cut their costs and stay afloat.Whether this is right or wrong I have read from some supplier forums that the Asian auto mfrs are much easier to deal with as opposed to GM or Ford.

A case in point at the AAI plant, a joint Ford/Mazda assembly at Flint,Mich., the Mazda6 which also has the Duratec 3L is nicely appointed with an engine cover, cabin air filter, chrome exhaust tips,things not even included in the topline Freestyle Ltd and is priced much cheaper by around 8 grand. Yes, I realize this is apples vs oranges but it's the eye candy thing with prospective buyers.

Forget the age-old argument of econometrics used by the beancounters saying a $ saved multiplied by xxxx units because recalls from faulty items/assembly costs a damsight more to fix as well as the hurt reputation.Ford seems to be following the same desperate Marketing as GM as they are advertising to give away a vehicle each day, savings up $10,000,etc. The problem is they're not building junk stuff like GM.

Why not set their MSRP's MORE REALISTICALLY,rely LESS on rebates and incentives to keep their high resale values. Follow up with the truth about SUVs and CARS theme and finally, follow what Toyota,Honda, Nissan are doing.
    Most buyers understand only one thing: QUALITY. For the rest it's the used car market(and I'm going to be flamed for this).
  • Options
    badgerfanbadgerfan Member Posts: 1,565
    If you want more apples to apples comparison, you should be comparing Fusion to Mazda6 as they are built off the same platform, though Ford stretched it and stiffened it for Fusion. With Fusion I believe you will find it priced right or maybe even less than Mazda, comparably equipped. Remember Mazda to a large extent IS Ford as Ford has controlling interest.

Quality has become more perception than fact, and it is difficult to even use quality as a valid reason for choosing one vehicle over another anymore as all the manufacturers are within spitting distance of one another, on the average.
  • Options
    stmssstmss Member Posts: 206
    Do you really think that the manufacturer decision makers (not just Ford) really give much more than a passing thought about future liability at 100,000 miles (or any other mileage past warranty) when they are faced with the here and now and moving out volume in a very competitive marketplace? The shareholders don't care about the future unless it affects them this quarter.

Why would anybody running an automobile company invest more money than they have to on each vehicle now in return for possibly incurring some unknown liabilities on vehicles later. And even if they do decide to do this, at which point do they stop - ie how do they know if the part is 'engineered' enough or of high enough 'quality'. Maybe through testing and experience but they all have been building cars for 100 yrs and still don't know.

There is a very fine line between 'good enough' and 'inadequate' and the manufacturers are constantly trying to economically find this line and sometimes they fall on the wrong side.
  • Options
    brantybranty Member Posts: 53
    First Year on the Road (22,000 km)
    Model: AWD LTD Black with pebble interior (includes entertainment system)
    General experience: This vehicle is a joy to drive. Power has never been an issue for us. The CVT has worked flawlessly. You really do have to watch your speed since it is very easy to push 120-130 kph without knowing/feeling it. We have made several trips between Toronto & Montreal (5 hours one way) and I can truly say that the Freestyle is a great ‘cruiser’ (even fully loaded with “student stuff”). Even shorter 2.5 hour trips to the cottage are a breeze (summer and winter). I have never felt tired after long trips.
    Vehicle fit/finish: Right from the start, I was impressed with the finish of the Freestyle. After one year, it continues to be a very tight vehicle with no rattles, squeaks, etc..
    Carrying loads: We have carried lots of stuff from university student apartment stuff to renovation materials. We had Thule cross bars from a previous vehicle so we purchased the rail attachments – they work great and makes carrying plywood, etc. very easy. I also added a trailer hitch (Curt Class II) that I use with a Thule bike carrier. The hitch blends very well with the vehicle and is very hard to see which is great.
    Performance: Our fuel mileage continues to amaze me with 21 -27 mpg city/highway. Mileage fluctuates a fair bit but is very dependent on how you drive. I use cruise control on the highway and this is when mileage is the best. Power has never been an issue for us even with the vehicle fully loaded. Could there be more power? – of course but I am comfortable with the current configuration of the Freestyle. The AWD system worked perfectly through last winter. I tried several times to induce wheel spin on snow and ice but was unsuccessful. The Pirelli P6 tires provided good grip through the first winter. Have just installed Pirelli Sottozero winter tires (18 inch) so I am ready for another snowy winter...and it looks like it won’t be long coming. Block heater works very well particularly at -30oC as do the heated seats.
    Problems: Yes we have had 3 “problems” but none that require major downtime. The most significant problem was warped front brake rotors (at about 18,000 km). I lived with the brake chatter when slowing from highway speed through the summer and eventually had them serviced recently. My dealer tried machining them but knew that the problem would persist so they replaced the rotors at 22,000 km (warranty – took a few days to get the parts). The remote control for the DVD system did not work from day one. This one was not a big deal and I eventually got around to having them to replace it (warranty). The last problem involves paint on the body/fender flairs in front of the rear wheels. Over the year, I have noticed considerable pitting of the paint from gravel/stones. I guess that’s why there are protective strips on these areas but the strips are not nearly big enough. I have not done anything about these but we really need a good set of well fitting mud flaps.
    We recently had a stone hit low on the windshield. Initially it looked like it would not crack but you guessed it a crack developed and the windshield needs replacement…that’s a job for tomorrow.
    Bottom line: This is a great vehicle which meets all our needs – it's our first Ford and I believe they have done a great job on this one!
  • Options
    nitromaxnitromax Member Posts: 640
    Thanks for the update! Great job with your review.

Did I read that right? -30 degrees C ?
    OUCH !!
  • Options
    kjnormankjnorman Member Posts: 243
    In the spirit of Branty, I thought I would post an update as our car just underwent its first service.

First 6 months on the Road (5,000 miles)
    Model: AWD LTD Titanium Green with black (pebble?) interior (All options except entertainment system)

General experience:
    This is primarily my wife's car, though I will drive it whenever we are together. I enjoy the seating position (not too high or too low) and the space inside the vehicle. Mechanically it has been reliable and we particularly enjoy the smoothness for the CVT. When in stop/start traffic (such as though freeway reconstruction) it really comes into its own. The engine power has been adequate, but it is a bit noisy and buzzy when it revs over 3000rpm - such as accelerating on a freeway ramp. Once it drops below 2500rpm (which is where it usually is) its all fine. Our Freestyle when cruising at 70mph using revs around 2200rpm, not the 1700-1800 rpm as others have posted. The family (me, wife, daughter and wife's mother) when for a Fall break which was 3 1/2 hours each way. Its a wonderful long distance cruiser. Everyone was comfortable (3 zone climate control helps) and on the way back in torrential rain the car performed admirably - Very secure feeling - its feels like it could drive through anything. We have a remote starter installed and this is a wonderful feature as well. Great during the hot summer to cool the car down, and now we're dropped below freezing to warm the car up. Also on a dual driver car like ours seat memory is great! Style wise, I think we prefer the look of the Pacifica and think the the freestyle is a bit of a plain Jane and we think the interior quality of the Pacifica is a lot better as well, but the overall packaging of the Freestyle is better and that is why we bought it.

Vehicle fit/finish:
    I have been disappointed with the fit and finish of our car. We have had rattles and vibration coming from the center dash; the rear scuff pad was lose at the edges; the passenger side rear wheel body cladding is misformed and does not fit properly; and the interior trim on the third row c-pillar was loose/falling off; the gas cap is defective and does not shut intermittently. All of this was brought to our dealer's attention in the 5000 mile service and are being fixed. I do not like the hard plastic A-piller trim and wish that Ford had softened this somehow.

Carrying loads:
    I recently bought about 3500lbs of soil from Home Depot and used the Freestyle to transport it home. It took several trips, but the Freestyle consumed about 1600lbs (40 x 40lb bags) in one trip. Space wise it could have eaten more but I was concerned about overloading the suspension. Needless to say, the car took it in its stride. The engine and transmission did not feel strained, the suspension did not complain. All in all very impressive.

We also bought a swing set for our daughter and it came in a box that was 8ft x 1.5ft x 2ft. The car consumed that with not worries and I was able to shut the rear tailgate. The loaders at Toys-r-us were very impressed and make that comment that most full size SUVs could not hold this box!

Performance:
    It seems adequate. Never felt it under powered. Consumption wise we get about 19-20mpg. The car is mostly driving on short trips about town to I guess that is okay. On the freeway I notice that the trip computer returns about 26-27mpg. Not bad for the size of car.

Problems:
    No mechanical issues, only the fit and finish mentioned above. The dealer did replace the gas cap and has ordered new bodywork trim to replace the defective rear wheel molding.

My wife complains that the head restraints are uncomfortable. She would like to adjust them in reach (not just height) but the car does not allow this option. My wife prefers the seats in the Pacifica over the Freestyle.

I just noticed the other day that we have a ding in one of our rear doors - annoying.

Bottom line:
    Generally we are very happy with the Freestyle. We would have preferred better styling, and the interior quality needs to be improved, but the overall packaging of the car (for example how easy it is to get in the third row and the usable space there) has been good, and that has overweighed the deficiencies.
  • Options
    I have heard some people complain about the engine being noisy....similar to what kjnorman just said.

I, for one, don't find it to be an issue. But then again, my other car is an RSX that revs to 7000 rpms. LOL
    I remember when I first got the RSX and it revved to about 6,000 rpms, I kept expecting the engine to blow up (maybe see a connecting rod shoot through the roof or something)
    :-)

Now I'm used to it and the revving of the Freestyles engine isn't a big deal.
    It's amazing what they can do with engines now-a-days. I remember my old V8 engines from the 70's and 80's red-lining around 4500-5000
  • Options
    standard fare for us in the north -30c to -40C not uncommon but thankfully not for long durations. This is where domestic vehicles usually shine as their heaters and cold weather operability are generally better than imports (with the exception of the Swedish brands which are on par with domestic in this area).

For example, my previous 4 runner had front bearings that groaned below -25C or so until they warmed up and my Isuzu Rodeo needed another higher number on the heater switch.
  • Options
    baregardbaregard Member Posts: 1
    A week ago I was traveling on the highway when the "check fuel cap" message appeared. I removed and reseated the cap several times and then stopped at the next dealer to have them check it. They lubed the cap restraint and said the light would go out after a few cycles. It has been cycled more than 200 times and still comes on everytime you start the car and every ten minutes or so while driving. Hitting reset makes it go out temporarily.

My wife and I do both love the car.
  • Options
    "Do you really think that the manufacturer decision makers (not just Ford) really give much more than a passing thought about future liability at 100,000 miles (or any other mileage past warranty) when they are faced with the here and now and moving out volume in a very competitive marketplace?"....

Generally speaking...probably not! However, I like to believe that Bill Ford is trying to make a sincere effort to restore the Ford reputation in the face of dwindling market share and mounting future competition.Unlike Toyota the present media darling and touted to be the #1 automaker in the world within say 5 years and revered for their top management style, whenever Toyota recalls 2 million vehicles the press doesn't make a big deal out of it.

As pointed out in Ford's discovery the holding straps won't fail overnight but possibly within 100,000 miles (say about 10 years).Ford could have saved big bucks by ignoring a 1/4 million vehicles involved and claim its part of wear and tear over the long run..... Toyota probably would apply some kind of risk management analysis to avoid the problem just like they balked at their engine oil sludge situations and in my own case I had an engine block crack in my early model Corolla and Toyota refused to take any blame.

I'm of the belief that auto mfg is a mature industry and material standards are pretty well known to almost an exact science. The people I heap the most praise are in the Engineering division, especially on the drivetrain design and development.They know what they're doing but it's the Marketing & Accounting bunch that seem to throw a monkey wrench to the operations.

Having said the above there is much good value in cost containment to stay competitive but it is also imperative that the beancounters should NOT run roughshod to practice their skills to the Nth degree where it affects the quality and durability of the end product with a cumulative effect on the reputation of the manufacturer.

Been a Ford fan for over 3 decades and hope to stay that way. :)
  • Options
    stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "Our fuel mileage continues to amaze me with 21 -27 mpg city/highway."

That would be imperial gallons, not US? Thus the US MPG would be lower?
  • Options
    northlakesnorthlakes Member Posts: 368
    So, you are saying the Freestyle, which is part North American, part Swedish, should be a good, comfortable winter car? I would agree. :shades:
  • Options
    bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    We get 20-26mpg US gallons
  • Options
    brantybranty Member Posts: 53
    Nope...I converted the mileage from metric to US measure. In metric it has varied from 8.5 L/100 km to 12.5 L/100km. The conversion is 19-27 US measure (guess I was a bit off with the 21).
  • Options
    barnstormer64barnstormer64 Member Posts: 1,106
    What do you think the mpg of the new 3.5L V6 with the 6-speed automatic would be compared to the 3.0L V6 with the CVT?

I actually bought my 500 and Freestyle NOW so that I could get the CVT, as I love how smooth it is.

That being said, I rented a Dodge Magnum for 9 days, and it was a pretty smooth-shifting vehicle . . and I think it's only a 4 or 5-speed? Much smoother than the Taurus tranny, that's for sure.

The radio couldn't compare to the LTD radio, though. :D
  • Options
    bruneau1bruneau1 Member Posts: 468
    Ford will have its new 3.5 engine and 6sp (Ford-GM) in the fall. The new powertrain goes first into two new vehicles: Navigator and a Ford Edge. Looks as though our Freestyle will be abandoned.
  • Options
    kjnormankjnorman Member Posts: 243
    A week ago I was traveling on the highway when the "check fuel cap" message appeared. I removed and reseated the cap several times and then stopped at the next dealer to have them check it. They lubed the cap restraint and said the light would go out after a few cycles. It has been cycled more than 200 times and still comes on everytime you start the car and every ten minutes or so while driving. Hitting reset makes it go out temporarily.

Our gas cap would not shut intermitently, and was replaced by our dealer. Perhaps you should get yours replaced?
  • Options
    Make some good points here. I also agree that some of the imports (Toyota, Honda) can do no wrong in the eyes of some critics whereas they are quick to jump on the Fords and GMs. None of them have been without their own problems.

As far as marketing/accounting/engineering goes I think it is driven down from marketing where there is a need identified to get a certain car with certain features into a price point with acceptable margins. Then the engineers and designers have to go to work to perform the required miracles.

And yes, the accountants can't be allowed to govern short term at all costs. It needs to be balanced for long term growth and sustainability. I just think it is getting more and more difficult to do this.

BTW, I think the engineers won with the Freestyle
  • Options
    Yep ! I think you have a better understanding of inter-departmental sub-optimization conflicts better than I do.
    Cheers ! :)
  • Options
    jschreiberjschreiber Member Posts: 50
    well I agree with your points and that the engineers won--but what is really sad here is that Ford has a well engineered winner--but unlike Honda or Toyota who will stick with it and improve the vehicle every year until perfection, as soon as we have one quarter of slow sales Ford is ready to bag the vehicle , dump it into mercury and not stick it out. That said, given the high quality of this vehicle and the pleasure it is to drive I think Ford has hope. I don't see GM capable of making a Freestyle type car which says alot of why they are where they are today.
  • Options
    Your'e right but I think it probably has more to do with what makes them the most margin and what the majority of the fickle consumer wants. They have produced the F150 forever and the Explorer is also up there in years. Given the love affair still with full SUVs, Ford (and others) maybe trying to pull the market a bit with the Freestyle and they need to be patient. I am not brand loyal and if Ford does not have a product to meet my needs when my Freestyle lease expires I will go elsewhere.

I certainly agree with you that Ford has hope. Given my history of import vehicle ownership over the past 10 yrs, if someone said to me a year ago that you would be driving a Ford in 2005 I would have asked them what they were smoking!
  • Options
    tinamarietinamarie Member Posts: 9
    Can someone tell me if the floor board on the drivers seat has a hump next to the brake pedal? I need my left foot to practically dangle down a certain way due to a track accident many moons ago and my knee locks up if it is positioned a certain way. My mother in law has a Freestar minivan and that silly thing has a hump next to the brake pedal and I can only stand to drive it for so long without my knee acting up. I am currently driving a Expedition and there is alot of room for my left leg while driving. Thank You Tina
  • Options
    volfangaryvolfangary Member Posts: 105
    There is a hump on the floorboard under emergency brake foot pedal. It is on left side of the floorboard almost directly under dash.
  • Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all fellow Freestyle posters. If you are making your Thanksgiving journey in your Freestyle, let us know how it goes. :shades:
  • Options
    mwarrenmwarren Member Posts: 6
    Traveled 400 miles today to visit family in my Limited AWD Freestyle. I averaged just over 25mpg on the trip up; but only 22mpg on the way home as I was heading into winds of 20-30mph. It really did make a difference. Light snow dusting; but nothing to test the AWD function yet.

Mike
  • Options
    tinamarietinamarie Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for the input, I guess I need to get down to the dealership and sit in one and see how it feels. Take Care
  • Options
    lwandjwlwandjw Member Posts: 2
    I have RELUCTANTLY ordered a Titanium Green Freestyle SEL with shale interior/cladding. I really wanted the cladding in matching body color, but Ford makes that impossible for SE and SEL buyers. Since the Freestyle is a cross-over vehicle, I guess that most people that buy the Freestyle as a station wagon alternative would prefer matching body color cladding but most people that buy the Freestyle as a SUV alternative would be OK with contrasting cladding. So I think Ford is losing lots of customers over the cladding. I would have paid at least $100 to have matching cladding for my SEL. Curious as to how many SE and SEL owners are miffed over the cladding.
  • Options
    elibrunoelibruno Member Posts: 16
    Why didnt you just buy the Limited if the cladding was such an annoyance?
  • Options
    I like the black cadding to go with my silver exterior. More interesting than one plain color on the side.
  • Options
    passat_2002passat_2002 Member Posts: 468
    Just calm down and think about what you're suggesting. What makes the Limited the "Limited" is it's different look inside and out. Let's face it. How many people would pony up the extra bucks for a Limited if it looked just like an SEL. The look is the only thing that differentiates the two vehicles. What the Limited buyer is paying all that extra money for is for something that will look different than an SEL or SE. Ford is quite correct in not allowing the distictive look to be used on lesser models.

And I'm an SEL owner!
  • Options
    My Redfire SEL with silver cladding suits me. It reminds me a bit of my 1986 Taurus with silver cladding below the doors.

Since the Freestyle is a "tall car", I think the cladding makes it look a bit more slim and trim. Optical illusion, but it works. The titanium green should look close to the silver cladding color (if that is what you got), so the cladding may seem more subtle on your Freestyle than on some color combinations.

Whether or not you like the exterior, you should enjoy the Freestyle as an excellent vehicle. Keep us posted. :shades:
  • Options
    freealfasfreealfas Member Posts: 652
    Have a 05 Black over Black Limited fwd since the end of July and have been quite happy with it. The reason we got the Limited "was" the matching cladding. Our opinion was the black was a very classy look for the FS and slimming in it's own right. We did think about the Titanium Green over black and was compelled but in the end we went the way we did and are quite happy.

The matching cladding was a big consideration for us as the 2 tone reminded us to much of Subarus and other Japanese SUV's(i.e. overdone). The other point to our purchase was that by the time we optioned out the SEL to the spec we wanted it was only fractionally more to get the Limited and the extra features it enjoyed over the SEL. To us it seemed a no-brainer to make the jump to the limited when we were taking advantage of the employee pricing sale they had, All in we saved about $3500 from list and had a few free oil changes thrown in to sweeten the deal along with exactly the right vehicle to tote the new family addition around in safely and securely.

Have the new rims waiting for rubber to go on and make the FS even more unique out there on the roads... can't wait
  • Options
    funitsfunits Member Posts: 55
    4-7" of snow fell Thanksgiving day in central NH, and I finally got to try out the AWD. I was a little worried about how it would drive in snow, but after Thursdays travel through unplowed, rural, hilly roads in up to 7" of snow, I found that the Freestyle never once spun its wheels, it just kept on going! Perhaps foolishly, I stopped in the middle of some very steep, unplowed hills to see how the Freestyle would react -- it took off with no hesitation or spin -- the AWD/CVT combination makes for a very competent winter vehicle. The ABS brakes engaged very quickly and kept the car going where pointed. I think the Freestyle is going to make a good winter car!
  • Options
    Glad to hear the great snow report about the Freestyle. Hard to tell if you were having more fun than running a test, but so much the better if you can do both at once. I imagine pulling donuts in the snow is challenging due to its drivetrain manners... :shades:
  • Options
    It is good that you are as happy with your choice as I am with mine. You can't go wrong either way. It seems like the Ford Family discount did bring more people into the Freestyle fold - as anticipated. What rims and tires did you order for your Freebie? :shades:
  • Options
    volfangaryvolfangary Member Posts: 105
    Just returned from a trip from Nashville, TN to Cleveland, OH and back. Averaged 23.5 mpg roundtrip facing strong winds both times around 20 -30mph. Cold front coming from north going and then warm front from south coming home. My SEL Freestyle with FWD handled the 4 - 6 inches of snow around Cleveland real well. Was able to pull into a couple snow drifts 15 - 18 inches deep , stop, and then start back out without any problem. Also handled well on several icey roads. Now have 7,000 miles on SEL without any problems. Enjoy the car more and more each time we take a trip!
  • Options
    ottavottav Member Posts: 31
    I read in today's Detroit Press Autos Insider that the Freestyle will be discontinued and converted into a new crossover for Mercury called the Mercury Magellan.
  • Options
    It's nice to know that the FWD handled the snow good, as I also have a FWD.
  • Options
    passat_2002passat_2002 Member Posts: 468
    From the above mentioned (post 5001) Detroit News Auto Insider article:

"As it determines how to differentiate Mercury, Ford is considering phasing out the seven-passenger crossover Ford Freestyle and using the same platform for a new crossover called the Magellan."
  • Options
    bruneau1bruneau1 Member Posts: 468
    At least it looks as though Mercury will continue the alliteration: Mercury Marquis, Montego, Milan, Mountanier, Magellan. Wonder what they will do with the CVT.
  • Options
    Wonder what they will do with the CVT.

According to ANT, Ford is going to continue to use the CVT and eventually the outrageous engineering costs for it will be absorbed. Once that happens, the CVT will find it's way into other vehicles like the Focus and such.
  • Options
    .." Wonder what they will do with the CVT."

Look up post #4935, maybe ANT14 can elaborate on this further and give us an update. :shades:
    Looks like Nitro beat me to it by a nose.
  • Options
    stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "According to ANT, Ford is going to continue to use the CVT and eventually the outrageous engineering costs for it will be absorbed. Once that happens, the CVT will find it's way into other vehicles like the Focus and such."

Well, it would make more sense for Ford to put it in as many vehicles as possible; that is the best way to recoup development costs. I suspect it is a matter of design; the cars have to be designed to accept the CVT. The 500 is a multi-drive-option design; other Ford cars are not. So until a car gets a redesign to accept the CVT, well, no CVT is installed. Just a thought...
  • Options
    ANT14ANT14 Member Posts: 2,687
    What Steve said...

"So until a car gets a redesign to accept the CVT, well, no CVT is installed"

Another vehicle can accept the CVT, the Focus, as well as the Escape if need be. But at the pricepoint the Focus sells at, it would require a higher pricetag, and that's not something the economy class buyer is willing to accept. So the research continues...
  • Options
    yzassandy82yzassandy82 Member Posts: 16
    I am hoping that someone can help me out with this. If I replace the stereo on my SE (basic cd setup) with another Ford setup (though with 6cd and mp3 as on SEL), does it need some sort of programming? Or can I just attach it, insert it and play as normal?
  • Options
    manasotamanasota Member Posts: 28
    Ah...ignorance IS bliss. The remote starter has a safety feature that shuts the motor off after a set period if the key is not inserted and switched to the run position.
  • Options
    ottavottav Member Posts: 31
    Any idea if the Magellan will be available with the new 3.5L and 6-speed transmission that is going to debut on the 2007 Aviator and Edge?
  • Options
    tom_holsingertom_holsinger Member Posts: 58
    I suspect it will. I haven't heard of anything, but that is the logical consequence of terminating the Ford version of the Freestyle while making it into an upscale Mercury. The biggest complaint about the Freestyle is lack of power, so it makes sense that its reincarnation as the Mercury Magellan would entail going to a 3.5L V-8 engine and conventional transmission.
  • Options
    How long is a set period? It only takes 5-10 minutes to fill a standard garage with CO and CO2 with the doors closed. Does it shut off before this? If so how does that warm up (or cool) down your car?

Go try it out - assuming you have a garage (but stand outside and make sure no one is in the house)

Fact is - people die from CO poisioning every year from combustion products in their home - either from cars, BBQs, fireplaces, furnaces. Just do a quick search on google. Who is the ignorant one?