Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Ram Accessories and Modifications

Comments

• blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    Does anyone have any idea what it might cost to put a the SRT 10 seats into an '05 Ram 1500? Are they just recoverered Recaros?
  • truck05truck05 Member Posts: 1
    I HAVE A 05 1500 Q/C 4X4. I WANT TO RUN A 315 / 70 / 17 ON IT WILL THEY FIT WITH OUT A LIFT, WHAT WHEELS 17X8 OR 17X9
  • ramwolframwolf Member Posts: 1
    :confuse: i just bought my truck a few weeks ago and i love it. it has just 62000 miles on it.I was just wondering whats the biggest tire size i can go without getting rubbing. im thinking 285/75/16, im just not sure. thx
  • larryi1larryi1 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone tell me the location where the Thunder Road emblems go on a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad. I know they go under the "Ram 1500" emblem but not sure of the spacing between them or if the "T" of Thunder Road lines up directly under the "R" in Ram. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks
  • bigdaddymoose7bigdaddymoose7 Member Posts: 1
    can i swap a 318 from a 80 model dodge van into a 93 dodge ram pickup with relative ease i thank you for any info you can give me same engine in both as far as cid is concerned
  • tmpraytmpray Member Posts: 1
    We have a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 ext cab with an aftermarket stereo. The front right speaker (in the door) just went and I am hoping to surprise the spouse by getting new speakers for Xmas. When I went looking online it shows 4 different sizes for the front door panel. Is there anyway to tell what size I need without taking the door apart to see (which would be a dead give away of what I intend to do)? Thanks
  • c4thumperc4thumper Member Posts: 1
    Dose anybody know if any lift company makes an 8" lift kit for 05 ram 2500 cummins heavy duty?
  • rodneyharrisonrodneyharrison Member Posts: 2
    Hi, I recently purchased Satellite Radio (Sirius) with the car docking kit. I was hoping to get some idea's on the best way to install the kit, more specifically the best way to mount the magnetic antenna and run the cable into the vehicle and to the dashboard area ??? The truck is a 97
    Ram 1500 extended cab. I appreciate any suggestions offered. thanks, Ken
  • bad_bobbybad_bobby Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking for a soft tonneau cover for my 03 sb q/c ram. Any suggestions if price is a consideration. I was considering the extang saber or tuff tonneau.
  • cstrouse13cstrouse13 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought an Extang Black Max. $209 on sale. My dad has one on his Ram. Loves it!
  • bad_bobbybad_bobby Member Posts: 3
    Thanks cstrouse. Does the black max have snaps?
  • cstrouse13cstrouse13 Member Posts: 2
    yes it has plastic-like snaps that are reversible for loose or tight settings. Also comes with extra snaps.
  • iowabigguyiowabigguy Member Posts: 552
    Dodge makes a tailgate spoiler that looks similar to the previous generation Chevy truck spoiler. It comes on some models of the 2006 ram and will fit the Ram 1500 series back to 2002. The list is $89 however some Dodge parts guys will give discounts. I got mine ordered for $73 plus tax and it is supposed to show up tomorrow. I'll provide more feedback once I have it installed. The Dodge part number is 82209867. Rick
    I installed the spoiler this afternoon. It really looks good. Much better than the cracked Bushwacker tailgate protector it replaced. The hardest part was drilling 4 24/64" (10mm) holes in the tailgate to install a captured nut type insert. The spoiler attaches with 4 screws on the outside and double sticky tape on the inside.
  • azvsatmanazvsatman Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I have a 96 Ram 1500 extended and installed my Sirius radio and can help with routing the antenna wire. I mounted the antenna on top of the truck near the back center just above the center break light/bed light. Removed the screws and pulled the center light out as to replace a bulb. With some ones help and a fish rod or coat hanger, taped the antenna lead to the rod and fed it across inside the cavity and was able to reach it behind the trim near where the driver side rear passages seat belt attaches to the top of the cab. It is hard to do alone. Two people is really easy. Then routed it behind the trim and under the door jam trim and up under the dash over the steering column over to the radio area. It is a good idea to wire tie the line up so it dose not hang down and get in the way of the peddles. I hope this helps. I can take a couple pictures if needed.

Eric
  • mwhalemwhale Member Posts: 2
    Replacing stock mirrors

I'm the new owner of a Ram 3500 that came with stock mirrors. I want to put the Dodge towing mirrors on my truck.

Do I "have to" replace part of the wiring harness to get the power & the heated features of the towing mirrors to work?

Thanks
  • myhemi66myhemi66 Member Posts: 2
    Hello:

I read your post and I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad, and I also am looking for head rests for the back seat.. My kids heads are just too close to the window for my comfort.. I think it's a big safety issue Dodge should have corrected.

Did you have any luck? I would appreciate it if you could share any info you may have so I can make my boys safer. Thank you.

Dawn (DK18LAW@MSN.COM)
  • martin958martin958 Member Posts: 1
    I currently have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 4.7 magnum. I am wanting to replace the 4.7 with the 5.7. Will the 5.7 bolt to transmission that came with the 4.7 and will it perform?
    mchurch58@yahoo.com
    Sorry, no luck yet. We tend to us the wifes car more often now, especially with the price of gas. I'm still trying to find a rear seat to buy from a 2004 up.
  • myhemi66myhemi66 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply..... I hear that, the price of gas is getting so rediculous............. Good luck..

:)
  • pipfindrpipfindr Member Posts: 34
    If you do a lot of highway driving dont change your gears
  • pipfindrpipfindr Member Posts: 34
    Has anyone chipped a 5.9 ltr V8 gas '02 ram Qc 1500 and what was the result?
  • beerfoxbeerfox Member Posts: 2
    I bought my running boards at www.phxcustoms.com. They have the lowest price available on ATS Running boards. I bought the Edge series in Chrome and they look awesome on my Dodge and the chrome finish stands out and looks good with door handle overlays I put on. The install brackets were supper eay to install and I was able to do it myself.
  • beerfoxbeerfox Member Posts: 2
    Phx Customs ( www.phxcustoms.com ) is now running a special on Dodge Ram flares. They are the only ones that have the all new 2006 Dodge Ram flares available and they are only 249.00 unpainted. I took mine to the local body shop and they painted them for me for only $100. I checked out the other sites and they wanted over $400.00 for them.
  • sk1faninpask1faninpa Member Posts: 3
    hello i was thinking about get a chip for my 2002 ram 1500 5.9 but i would like to find out more info and see if anybody else done it. if u decide to let me know what u think and was it a big deal to install. thanks John
  • pizza442pizza442 Member Posts: 110
    Dodge/Mopar still shows 82209867 in their online accessory catalog to be for the Daytona/SRT10 wing-spoiler, but the guys on Ebay selling the new low rise '06 moulded tailgate 'spoiler' are using the same #. Just to confirm; you got the 'new for '06' on all the Ram 1500s tail gate lip spoiler and not the big wing spoiler? My dealer was coming up with a different # for the spoiler (cheap, too at $54!) and the hardware with another #.
  • tex10tex10 Member Posts: 27
    i have a 05 dodge ram 1500 4 door 2wd truck. i have 4.7 liter magnum V8 in it. is their but more power motor. i cant find any thing for this motor. i was thinking about stuffing a 360,383,440. i dont think i could stuff 440 but if can i will. what kind emissions equipment would i need get keep it up to date. i would love keep same motor but theirs not performance I can get out of it. Where would I get a transmission if do a motor swap?
  • pizza442pizza442 Member Posts: 110
    I just received my spoiler (2006 replacement part #55112047AC) and nuts/bolts (#'s 6507447AA and 6508483AA) from my local dealer but have no instructions. Can you give a detailed account of your ordeal of drilling these holes? How did you make them waterproof? Would you mind scanning the install directions?
  • crash11crash11 Member Posts: 3
    Hey there. I know it has been a long time since this post, but I purchased a 2005 Ram Daytona and am also looking for a Toneau Cover and want the wing installed. Did you have any luck with this? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks, keep on truckin'.
  • catbert1catbert1 Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to add a Vacuum/Boost gauge to my 2003 Cummins Diesel. I am unable to find where to connect it in. Can anyone please help?
  • bigdukebigduke Member Posts: 4
    I am ready to upgrade to larger tires/wheels on my truck. I currently have 265's and would like to know if anyone has information on the largest tires I can put under it without a lift...I would like to go up to 315s if possible, but still want to be able to park it in the garage. Can anyone help?
  • loncrayloncray Member Posts: 301
    You've got a bigger garage than I do - my 2003 4x4 QC was several inches from fitting in my garage on the stock tires. 315's will definitely fit the 3gen trucks with no lift, but I couldn't swear they'd fit a 2gen truck.
    I think my 2000 is a 2Gen truck, but am not positive...
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    1972-1993 D/W-series = 1st Gen
    1994-2001/2 BR-series = 2nd Gen
    2002/3-current DR-series = 3rd Gen

kcram - Pickups Host
    Thanks for the education.
  • dallasraydallasray Member Posts: 1
    I noticed other similar RAMs have wider-looking wheels. It's not the wheels but a part that one purchases to make the wheels sit "out" wider. What's the part called and where can I buy them? I assume there would be four of them, one for inside of each wheel.
  • rthomas1rthomas1 Member Posts: 17
    I have an 06 and had an 03 CTD. In the 06 I installed a mechanical boost gauge. The easy place is in the rubber hose that leads from the turbo to the blow off valve, the new CTD have a computer controlled blow off valve that is not directly on the turbo housing. I cant remember if this is the case in the 03. If not on the top side of the motor the stock gray ram air(not sure if thats what its called but its the gray squared tube running from the downstream side of your intercooler into the top of the block) can be tapped as you would with a pyrometer and placed in this area. I removed mine due to an overboost warning engine light I received, the dealer told me since I had obstructed the line to the blow off valve I would have voided the warranty. So I went with the Bully Dog Outlook that plugs in and can be removed easily.
  • jjbarnoldjjbarnold Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone found plugs to fit in the 6 oblong factory holes that are near the bed rails on a 8 ft bed? Plus the 4 holes behind the tie downs?

Thanks
    Today I am ordering BD's compound or some call it twin turbo kit and intercooler today for my 06 Cummins Turbo Diesel. Already have silverline 4" turbo back cat free exhaust with 6" tips, afe stage 2 intake, Bully dog triple dog with outlook monitor, and custom transmission with a suncoast triple disk converter custom valve body and some internal work. It will take 3-4 weeks to get and about a weekend to install but I will let everyone know how good it is and if its worth the large price tag and the overall drop in egt's and spool up time!!!!
    Ok got my twins this week along with a fass 200gph system and look out. Super low egts hard to make over 1000 when i used to hit 1350 easy. Spool up is unreal after you hit 10lbs it will hit 50 in a second. Head studs and injectors 110hp ats to be installed within the next two weeks.Lok out. By the way does anyone read this or is it a dead post?
    Yeah, I'm reading it, I just didn't have anything to say about it is all. Did your new system come with all the gauges and such? (If you've a manual tranny)Did you replace the clutch? How does it feel driving? How's mpg?
    No I had to install a mech boost guage as you have to install a boost fooler. any of the elec guages that read off the map sensor will get to 30 then drop to 0 to insure your truck keeps running and doesent throw overboost lights.
    Have a completely rebuilt auto trans, and would think even with a manual you would need a upgraded clutch. Drives great will go from 10 lbs boost to 50+ in less than a second. MPG on the computer are great but it lies so I am in the process of hand calculating my next few tanks.
    That sounds great! I'm pretty happy with my truck's stock feel, but I've thought about adding more power every now and again - don't think I need to go all the way to twins though. It will have to wait until A) the warranty runs out and B) I have the excess money to play with!
    I would avoid it if I were you till your warranty runs out, because once you start with a chip exhaust and intake it gets addictive. And when you change one thing it leads to another that leads to another and so on. Im just lucky I know a dodge guy or two and can get them to do side work if anything happens. Good luck these truck are awesome.
  • huwenfuthuwenfut Member Posts: 5
    Any one know how to remove the Ram 2500 from a new truck;s doors and tailgate Are they stuck on, or is there a pin involved?
  • sirradiodudesirradiodude Member Posts: 10
    Anyone with an 05+ (esp CTD owners) have the DEALER INSTALLED version of the UConnect system?

If so does it work well at highway speeds? (engine, exhaust and wind noise)

Does the radio display the caller phone number?

Would you ultimately recommend?

THX... I am a big phone user and this thing would be incredible for me if it truely works well.
  • bufordtbufordt Member Posts: 5
    I just purchased a 2004 Standard Cab, Long Bed, Ram 1500 4X4 wit a 4.7. I love this truck. Has 40,000 miles on it and 8000 of that was in the last 10 weeks. I am looking for some advice on performance upgrades that will not sacrifice gas mileage, as well as advice on how large a tire I can put on at stock height and how large a tire I can put on with a 6" lift. I do not have any intentions of making the thing into a monster, I just believe that because of the trails that I run, the lift is necessary to keep me from high centering. I would also like to have wider tires for flotation in the sand down at the summer beach home. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
  • huwenfuthuwenfut Member Posts: 5
    I want to remove the stickers on my 06 2500 I removed one on the tailgate using the string method but i can't seem to get the gummy residue off i tried both gumout and wd40 with neither working Does any one know of another method to removing this residue?
    Try a product called "Goo-B-Gone". It works wonders on all types of stickers.
This discussion has been closed.