Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    tkv_01tkv_01 Member Posts: 20
    Realli, where did you find bout the rebate?
  • Options
    I'm in the market for 08 MDX tech n PTG. The best quoted was today quote 38,500 OTD wit 6% MD tax and dealer fees. Is this a good deal? Should i wait for new rebate or go with this?
  • Options
    dishwash42dishwash42 Member Posts: 89
    don't get PTG - not worth the extra money. other than that, deal looks pretty good.
  • Options
    scepterscepter Member Posts: 6
    I have this deal on the table and want to know if I should push more? Thanks for the input. This is in Westchester County, NY.

2008 MDX Tech Package Pear white with biege interior

He says selling price is 36,800 added roof rails and running boards for 1k

15k miles per year 42 month lease

upfront
    $565.89 1st month
    No security (I had a prior Acura)
    Bank Fee $595.00
    Taxes $1931.09 (Gotta love NY)
    other taxes (?) 48.34

Total upfront $3140.32

Monthly $565.89

Should I pull the trigger? :confuse:
  • Options
    whoops.

Forgot add PTG to the post below
  • Options
    stever8stever8 Member Posts: 1
    Hi I live in New Jersey and as of this morning I got a quote on a CASH (all in) price on a 2008 BASE MDX of $35,000.

This includes destination fee, sales tax, luxury tax, documentation fee, registration fee and tire tax. Seems to include everything.

Is this good? Can I negotiate any more? Will the incentives be any better in October? Am I missing anything?

This is the first new car that I have ever bought, but it seems like there are a lot of cars available.
  • Options
    lovecars4lovecars4 Member Posts: 21
    steve,
    It is hard for us to figure out all those which are particular to your state (ST, lux tax, reg fee, title fee). If you can post the car price + doc fee + dest fee I am sure lot of us would be able to comment on it. 2008 Base MDX has an MSRP of $40,995 and an invoice of $37,290. If you can get that for about $33,000 then it is a very good price.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    seems a little high. You should be able to get that for about $37K-$37.5K, atleast. (assuming 08 MDX tech w/PTG and no additional accessories priced in). Not sure how many dealers around and how many they have in the lot. The more SUVs they have on the lots the better deal you can get.
  • Options
    amalpaniamalpani Member Posts: 9
    Just signed the papers on a 2008 Acura MDX with Tech and Power Tailgate Package ($45,005 MSRP & $40,946 Invoice) for $36,075 + ttl from Acura of Libertyville in Libertyville, IL. I had a trade-in but you can get that price without the trade-in. I got the price before the trade-in then negotiated on the trade. I could have got it cheaper by a few more dollars ($200 - $400) but I thought I'll let them make some money :) !

Email me (abhmal@gmai.com) and I can give you the salesman's name (let him know Abhay send you). They have more than 30 2008 Acura MDX in stock.

This dealership has no other dealerships (the owner actually approved my deal since "the other guy" was out for lunch) and therefore I believe they are willing to negotiate and make a deal more so than other big chain dealers.

No other dealer (Continental, Muller, Napleton, Pauly, Arlington, Joe Rizza or McGrath) the Chicago area was even close to this price (all were at least $1,000+ apart). They all even warned me that I was being lied too.
  • Options
    socrates63socrates63 Member Posts: 2
    Car_man: sure, will do.

gohawks2: my friend bought his MDX at Lynnwood a year ago, and that's why I went there first. It was late so we didn't find the guy that he worked with.
  • Options
    That is a very good price. You did a couple of smart things:
    1. Negotiated for the SUV separate before you even started the trade-in talk.
    2. Waited until you saw the price you wanted.
    3. Didn't mix the accessories in this mix. That is where they make most of their money as their markup on those are pretty high. You can buy most of them off the market.

I thought you were looking for MDX with Tech, PTG and Ent?. Did you get any accessories at all?. You might want to look into Wheel Locks atleast, worth the money.

Did you also get the financing as part of the deal or you paid in cash?. Contrary to some of the opinions I see in this board, I love my PTG. I got 2 kids and we always carry all kinda crap and it is easy to ask them put it and pick it back up rather than I walk their every time to lift the gate.

So far the only negative thing about MDX is ofcourse the mileage (I got about 19miles/gallon on a full tank of gas). Yup, already have about 400 miles on it within a week, ouch. You also need to fill in premium gas at higher prices.

But the ride is sweet :). You will love it.
  • Options
    dishwash42dishwash42 Member Posts: 89
    "whoops.

Forgot add PTG to the post below"

it wasn't a mistake - you didn't add PTG for a reason - it is a lousy, useless option. Go with your gut and ditch the PTG!
  • Options
    I negotiated the price for a 2008 Acura MDX with Tech and Ent. for $37,500 but they were sold out on that. They dropped the price on this model since it was cheaper. I realized the extra $1,500 was not worth it on the entertainment system. I personally think the deals you and I got are pretty good.

I paid cash and did not take any financing. Chicago dealers have about 200 MDX in stock and will sell out with these amazing prices.

To anyone in Chicago, no other dealer is going to give the price I got. I consider myself a pretty good at bargaining and none would even come close to this deal (unless the incentives improve further - which is unlikely).
  • Options
    I have this deal on the table and want to know if I should push more? Thanks for the input. This is in Westchester County, NY.

2008 MDX Tech Package w/PTG Pear white with biege interior

He says selling price is 36,800 added roof rails and running boards for 1k

15k miles per year 42 month lease

upfront
    $565.89 1st month
    No security (I had a prior Acura)
    Bank Fee $595.00
    Taxes $1931.09 (Gotta love NY)
    other taxes (?) 48.34

Total upfront $3140.32

Monthly $565.89

Should I pull the trigger?
  • Options
    Too high in my mind. You are paying about $26,341.81 over 42 months. You can buy that car for $38,500 (all inclusive).

I would buy rather than lease at that price unless you plan to write it off as an expense or can't fund that big amount at a low interest rate (I recommend using credit card offers at 0% to fund car buying, do it over and over again and you get your car financed at really 0% APR - of course you need to have sold credit history to get high lines on multiple cards ).

P.S: Never pay anything down on a lease always choose "zero" down especially when the money factor is below 3% APR and secondly if you are in an accident within a few months of buying (God forbid) the insurance company pays off the lease company and you are left with no car. Your down payment is lost since it only reduces the monthly payment and you do not get it back.
  • Options
    minhazminhaz Member Posts: 6
    Abhay,

Tried to email you without success (mail bounced back). I'm in the Chicagoland area, and looking at getting a 2008 MDX with Tech pkg. Could you please email (siddiqm@yahoo.com) me your salesperson's contact at Acura Libertyville?
  • Options
    2rsch2rsch Member Posts: 5
    Could you post the name of the dealership you brought from in the Boston area? I am looking for the same you bought. Thank you.
  • Options
    Wonder what you guys use for,
    1. Wipe/ Condition Leather seats as they are very filmsy. Someone recommended Lexol. Is that any good or you can find something better?. My kids already worn/ stained the seats.
    2. What do you use for clearcoat wash/ wax?. any specific products or just something out of the market like zipwax?
    Thanks
  • Options
    vavavoomvavavoom Member Posts: 42
    1. Lexol is pretty decent although i have yet to find a leather cleaner that will really get to those baked in stains.

2. I use collinite dot com for wax (sapphire) - this is the kind of wax that will really protect the car (the company out of NJ makes waxes for marine and electrical transformers you find on your power lines).

3. wash - i basically use a little bit of dawn if i'm stripping down the old wax and laying on a new coat. However, since i'm not fond of sudsing my driveway, i've spluged on the PS21 wash and wheel cleaner. the PS21 will really get rid of those bugs splats with little or no effort, without the suds - it's almost like orange glo for cars. i bought a 5 gallon wash from bavarian auto in NH (lowest cost by the gallon).

4. in about 6 months when the winter weather has had its effects on the car, i like to use the Meguair clay product (or Mothers clay) to smooth out the paint before waxing
  • Options
    adamicjgadamicjg Member Posts: 4
    2008 Black/Black MDX Base

Apple Honda, York, PA
    Invoice: $37228 minus 4000 dealer incentive
    Final: $33228 to include destination and fees (+tax)

Turnversville Acura NJ just quoted me $32765 incl. dest but not include title and fees. Not worth the travel to me at this point though.

Just wanted to give a ballpark figure for those in the market.
  • Options
    jsmith21043jsmith21043 Member Posts: 3
    Did that quote include MD tax? What dealership and salesman were you working with? I'm also in MD and looking for an 08 MDX with Tech and Entertainment.

Also, can anyone tell me if it's worth the extra money to get the sport?
  • Options
    That was OTD price inlc. TTL. I got it from Pohanka in VA. Rosenthal was not bad. However they couldnt beat Pohanka on the MDX. What dealer did you quote?
  • Options
    Rosenthal gave me an internet quote of $39,183 + $810 Desination, tags, title and processing + 6% tax for a 2008 MDX with Tech and Entertainment (~$42,400 total). What did they quote you?
  • Options
    Could anyone post the dealership where love4cars got the great deal on th MDX? Thank you!
  • Options
    sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    This forum has been a great source of info...

Here is the deal I did today

2008 MDX Tech + Power Tailgate
    35887(includes destination) + 55 doc fee + TTL
    No other Acc
    Sterling gray/black interior.. with 21 miles on it

Dealer: Acura of Mission Vejio

Very smooth process. All the pricing was negotiated over email.
    Went there picked the car from what he had in stock...

My salesman was excellent. He took time to explain things...find car for me. I drove two cars...and then decided on one. There was no pressure/selling as the price was already agreed on.

Sanjay
  • Options
    minhazminhaz Member Posts: 6
    Thanks to this forum and specially, Abhay, I got our black on black 2008 MDX Tech with PTG for 36,200 from Acura of Libertyville. Smooth process, and I'll be picking up the vehicle on Monday. Though there is a dealer within 5 miles of my house, I drove 35 miles to save over a grand! Asked another to match without success.
  • Options
    I think he got it from Inskip :). Give me your email if you need further details.
  • Options
    Yes, please send more info. nhunter01@comcast.net.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    Who did you work with at Pohanka? I would like to contat him and see what he can do for me. You can email me directly if you would prefer at jsmith_21043@hotmail.com. Thanks!
  • Options
    Thanks vavavoom. I am going to try Maguire for leather. Let us see how that works out.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A large local newspaper would like to speak with consumers who currently owns or owned an Acura. The reporter wants to discuss why you stayed with Acura or decided on another luxury brand as your next vehicle. If you are interested in speaking to the reporter, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than September 15.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    kefeiyukefeiyu Member Posts: 1
    Hi. Abhay,
    Thanks for your posted message at Edmunds forum about your MDX buying experience. I am interested to get a 2008 MDX and Libertyville is within driving distance. Could you share the salesman's contact info with me (kefeiyu@yahoo.com)?
    Again, thanks a lot.

Kefei
  • Options
    namdxownernamdxowner Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for all the wonderful information provided by this forum. This forum certainly helped me in purchasing the MDX. I was able to get the car at $38,000 + sensors+Ding warranty+Zxylon+Taxes. The out of door is $42,000. Though the Zxylon thing is not really required, with two young kids, I thought it would be good for the car.The dealer, Lindsay Acura out of Columbus OH were great to deal with. We negotiated over the phone and confirmed the price of the car before going to the dealership. On top of it, they gave the 0.9% as well. We looked at two similar kinds of cars and bought the pearl white with parchment interior. The sales guy was great as well. He spent all the time to ensure we understood the features of this car. All in all a great experience buying my first Acura. :shades:
  • Options
    go_mdx1go_mdx1 Member Posts: 135
    Hope you enjoy your new MDX. Ding Warranty....thats a new one. How much for just the Ding Warranty??
  • Options
    wareagle1997wareagle1997 Member Posts: 10
    Dealer in ATL has a lot of 08 MDXs on the lot. I offered:
    $38300 for 2008 MDX TECH/ENT (PP2 included)
    or
    $40200 for MDX SPORT/ENT (PP2 included)

He came back and said that was fine but I was $100 off on the Sport model. I wound up settling for the SPORT/ENT for $40300.

I plan on leasing, and the best I can figure my lease payment will be $546 before 2% tax (no cap cost reduction), figuring MSRP of $48755, MF .00245, Residual 54%.
  • Options
    namdxownernamdxowner Member Posts: 3
    The ding warranty was $315. I figured rather than having molding installed on a portion of the car, why not protect the car for the first 5 years with the ding warranty. If even one ding occurs on the car, the warranty cost will be recovered. After our previous car experiences, I would not be surprised that I will be using this warranty sometime.

Cheers !
  • Options
    cpisanocpisano Member Posts: 23
    Before dishwash has a chance, let me say the PTG is a waste of money. Just kidding. Congratulations. :)
  • Options
    sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    Thanks chris...

I could not be happier...drives like a dream (for such a big car)
    Love the color (Sterling gray)...I am sure you will agree...
    debated for almost a year and finally pulled the trigger.

I almost wrote your comment (PTG being waste according to Dishwash)...but decided against it.
  • Options
    xierxier Member Posts: 99
    What's PP2? And is the Sport package worth 2K more - I mean is there anything from looking at the car other than wheels that tell you its a sport? Are the seats that much better on sport?
  • Options
    PP2 is protection package 2, which includes rubber floor mats, cargo carpet and wheel locks.
    We test-drove the Sport and LOVED the way the suspension felt. We didn't drive the non-tuned suspension on the TECH or BASE so I really have no comparison. The other additions other than the suspension and wheels is the auto-leveling headlights and the perforated seats.

It may be a moot point however, as lease rates seem to have increased from what I was originally quoted (salesman mistakenly told me August rates rather than Sept. rates), so we will likely go with the Tech/Ent at $38300 to lower cap cost by $2k to help offset the lower residual and higher MF.
  • Options
    Do you think you can negotiate better on the Sport/ent? or is 40K the best deal going on this unit?
  • Options
    sfbayersfbayer Member Posts: 11
    Hi Xier,

I purchased the sport package after driven both the tech and the sport package. My daily driving included some hills and curves and I found the sport suspension and auto-leveling headlights to be very useful. The perforated leather seats in the sport package are much softer than the standard leather in tech and base models. I also have a small child and found the power tailgate to be very useful (as it is now standard for all but the base model or older 2007-2008 models).

I recommend that you save a few bucks and go with the tech package if you don’t expect to drive in the mountains very often and do not care for the perforated leather.
  • Options
    rgs2rgs2 Member Posts: 1
    lovecars4:

Where did you find the dealer cost for accessories? I can't seem to locate this anywhere.
  • Options
    Does anyone know if getting a quote through the on-line website services is going to get a better price than in-person?
  • Options
    Thanks wareeagle -- I definately like the look of the perf seats. Did you buy recently - can you share your details. I'm trying to determine if the 40K is a good/best price folks have purchased the sport w/Ent model.
  • Options
    dudu_georgescududu_georgescu Member Posts: 1
    Would one get a better deal if purchasing the car in full (no financing, etc.)?
  • Options
    Trying to keep monthly lease payments at about $550, so we are now looking at TECH (no ENT) and extending to a 48-month lease. Dealer had previously agreed to TECH/ENT for $38300 but when we want to drop the ENT he only knocked $339 off the price, and sent me a worksheet on a car that had 454 miles on it!!!! He also has indicated $2,000 up-front lease costs which I just can't fathom.
    After being misquoted lease rates and now this "new" car with 454 miles on it, I'm thinking about switching dealers.
  • Options
    normdxnormdx Member Posts: 2
    Not sure if I got a great deal.. But I thought I would share. Acura of Seattle. The deal: $36980. Des Charge $760 (Also included the PP2. Listed for $700.. but the salesman said they dropped the price to $460.) I spent two days working this deal.
    Price: $37740

Hope this helps.. very happy with the car. ;)
  • Options
    makhnamakhna Member Posts: 6
    A dealer made a counter offer for 40,900 after I offered 40,300 for a 08 MDX Sport w/ ent pkg. I am close to pulling the trigger. He said he would give me the add-ons at cost. I am planning to add the Tow pkg, Running boards, Roof rails, body side molding, Wind deflector, moon roof visor, window tint (front) Remote starter and some other things. Are there any accessories I should stay away from or add?

I asked for the 2.9% financing offer - that’s where we are stuck. He said it would be difficult/impossible to get the financing at that price. So we've been waiting.

If I don't get the financing, I'd like to get the vehicle for 40,000 + cost of add ons and TTL. I don’t know if I'll get it - but it sounds as though others may have.

I was hoping to get some thoughts. Thanks in advance
  • Options
    poiuytrewq8765poiuytrewq8765 Member Posts: 1
    I just wanted to thank the board and post my results.
    Wash d.c area. Red MDX tech/plt. 25 miles on odomter no other options. 37,300. they wrote down alot of processing fees by about $200 so on my invoive it was 37,100. I used a car consultant who had a minimal charge based on what others are currently posting. My total including TTL in VA was 38,794.
    Thanks again to the board it is a real help.