Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    vavavoomvavavoom Member Posts: 42
    - the sport is probably the rarest of the configs and you're getting a pretty good price on it. i personally think the entertainment package is bs - 2 grand for a dvd and a power outlet that loses its value by 50% once i drive off the lot just hurts.

- "add-ons at cost" - i never knew the dealer cost of accesories + installation but if you do, you'll probably be doing everybody a favor and listing the dealer cost of these accesories.

- while it's absolutely a matter of taste, it seems like you're loading up the mdx to be a personal tank minus the turret and 50 caliber machine gun. i think this car looks much better sleek and streamlined. nevertheless, it'll still look 10x better than a civic hatchback with 5 foot steel spoiler on the roof. :P
  • Options
    chi_buckchi_buck Member Posts: 1
    What's the deal with the 2.9% financing offer? I'm planning on doing a deal on a 2008 MDX this weekend.

I assumed that as long as I qualify from a credit perspective, I would be able to get the 2.9% financing. Is this not true??
  • Options
    i believe it's just a matter of price. the finance incentive has its own dealer cashback $. i.e. pay cash and get $3,500 _OR_ get $2,500 back + 2.9% financing (example only, i've no clue what the $ incentives are this month). naturally depending on the dealer, he may decide to still give you $3,500 + 2.9% just to get rid of the car..... when i bought my vechile 2 months ago, it was either/or, no dealers really stacked both promos. bottomline - YMMV.
  • Options
    kambamkambam Member Posts: 13
    I believe you can still get 2.9% and 3500 off . it depends on your credit score. I financed thru honda finance. had to push them but got both.
  • Options
    hoffmanjhoffmanj Member Posts: 2
    Just bought an MDX with Sport Package in the Dallas area for 38,352 + ttl. Wheel locks and cargo tray "thrown in". :) I was happy with the deal.
  • Options
    samnj01samnj01 Member Posts: 5
    I have an offer to purchase (all cash) a 2008 MDX base model for $32900 (exclusive of TTL). I have not seen a lot of discussion on prices for the base model but this looks like a good price. Thoughts from everyone?

Thanks.
  • Options
    sfbayersfbayer Member Posts: 11
    I have to agree with vavavoom. I brought the sport w/ PTG in sterling grey (basically 2009 model) two months ago and I love it.

I don't think you need moon roof visor or wind deflector as the car rides very quiet (especially if you have the stereo on, but it is a personal perference). Remote starter is great if you live in near zero temperture area. I would however recommend the backup sensors if you do a lot of parallel parking in metro area often like I do and parking spaces are always too small (San Francisco Bay Area).

Good luck, :shades:
  • Options
    adamicjgadamicjg Member Posts: 4
    I paid 33,228. Dealer had to find the color combination I wanted and transport in. You got a good price.
  • Options
    trojan83trojan83 Member Posts: 1
    I also live in Columbus. Which sales guy did you work with? Did you contact Acura of Columbus?
  • Options
    makhnamakhna Member Posts: 6
    I wanted to follow up on the deal I posted previously. Please let me know your thoughts regarding my overall cost for a 2008 Sport W/ Ent pkg.

Vehicle: $41847

Black Running Boards: 636.00 (More practical than Sport?)
    Roof Rack: 303.00
    Body Side Molding: 255
    Tint (Front): 85.00
    Visor for Moon Roof: 142
    Tow Pkg: 876
    Cargo Net: 43
    Cargo: Cover: 140
    Cargo Tray: 126
    All Season Mats: 126
    Hood Deflector: 202
    Wheel Locks: 89.00

Sub Total 44870.00
    Tax (3%) 1346.10
    Reg Fee 65.00
    Doc Fee 280

Total OTD: 46521

2.9% Financing for 60 months

The add ons are at cost and include installation. The installation costs may vary by area/dealer

What do you think?

I sign the papers in a few hours...

I have a 4 year old and a 15 month old boy. Does it make sense to get the black standard running boards or can I get away with the sport. I am being told that the standard running boards are more practical and the sport running boards are more for looks. Sport Running boards cost less.

Thanks for your feedback
  • Options
    you probably are excited about your new purchase. nevertheless, fyi, there are 3 "running boards" they offer:

1. plain black running boards
    2. sport running boards (they look like the plain black except it has an aluminum finish
    3. Side steps (this is probably what you're calling sport running boards). - this is what i was considering at first but i went with #2.

if you have kids, #2 is the best combo, looks real good and is actually functional for small kids and short ladies (4 yearold niece and 4'10 wife). i personally hate running boards b/c it just gets in my way and i'm only 5'10.

and btw, i highly doubt your "dealer cost" is accurate - it's just way too high. i bought my sport running boards from e-bay for $439 (from an acura dealer and i'm sure they're not selling them at cost - true cost for them is probably much less). sent these to a dealer near my place and had them install for $50.

You're probably a busy person and if you just want the dealership to take care of stuff, that's fine. just know that they're laughing to the bank with what they've presented as "dealer cost with installation" - they're making back a good amount of change.

with 2 kids, i definitely would recommend you go to target, buy a can of scotchguard and layer that carpet as well as buying meguairs leather cleaner/conditioning wipes. btw, doritos and seatbelts while similar in color, don't go well together - so no eating chips in the car :P
  • Options
    funduguyfunduguy Member Posts: 11
    I paid $32,640 + TTL in VA in Aug for the MDX base. Incentives at that time for all cash were $3500. Now with $4000 incentive, you can do better.
  • Options
    Thanks funduguy. The dealer is down to $32,500 now but looks like I should get it closer to $32,000.
  • Options
    $32,500 is about right, since you are already eating around $750 into dealer's holdback now. He may or may not go lower depending on the inventory in hand.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply.

Do you recommend the back up sensor even though there is a back up camera?

I was thinking that the wind deflectors are not only functional but look better.
  • Options
    Thanks. As a new buyer what are your thoughts on the car? Any regrets for not going with one of the other packages?
  • Options
    I should be more clear - by a few hours I meant tonight - If the deal is right. I wanted to get thoughts before I pulled the trigger.

I tried extremely hard to get more from the dealers (3) but they wouldn’t move if I got the 2.9% financing. I had one at 40,900 - but I would have to get my own financing. I did get 2 free oil changes and an additional 50.00 off :) - before add-ons the cost is $41847

Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Makhna
  • Options
    sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    You might want to check out hondaacuraworld.com for acc.
    Running board there is for 464.80..and I am sure they are making money on it.....

Also you might want to check out weathertec floor liners as oppose to Acura all weather floor mats.... Floor liners have positive retention to catch dirt.

In large scale of things all these are minor stuff.
    You are going to love the car...I know I do and I dont have sport package

Sanjay
  • Options
    Tech v/s base was one thing I debated for a while, but in the end did not find it worthy to pay more than $3K for the tech. % Residual values for base is higher than the one with packages because technology depreciates the fastest. I have a $150 portable GPS which is packed with functionality, so don't really miss the nav. Rear-camera could have been a nice thing. The bluetooth and audio that comes with base is really good. I guess if Bluetooth was not offered in the base, then I would have considered the tech package. In the end I was happy that I was able to get a luxury SUV for less than 33K, an amount I was about to pay for semi-loaded Highlander before I realized the Acura deals.
  • Options
    Makhna,

You now have to take a deep breath, exhale and say: this is the best quote i've gotten in my area, i think i've done my best negotiating, i know the options i've chosen are probably not the best price but i feel they are worth the no-hassle dealer install before i pick up my car, i've got a price i'm happy with and can afford.

if all this is true, pull the trigger. join the sport club - just the seats are worth it ;)
  • Options
    Tech Vs Base was one thing I debated for almost two months. In the end I decided to go with tech because of Rear View Camera and availability of PTG. specially if you have kids & live in a nbhd with lot of kids playing in the driveway...often leaving the bikes/toys on the driveway.

Thought about Ent package but could not justify the added cost...and the thought that kids would be hooked to idiotbox on the drive to school..:-)

Loved the drive of sport pkg on the hills but again for MY drive style could not justify added cost plus complexity & little more "stiff" (subjective) ride.

I generally keep my cars for a long time... MDX was a replacement for a 1995 Infiniti (13 year old car). So I figured 3K amortized over 13 year is not that much... Moreover after 10yr/100K all trims are pretty much worth the same.

So yes Base gives you most bang for buck... buy what will make you happy.

In my mind you "buy a car" not a "buy a deal"
  • Options
    rocknroll389rocknroll389 Member Posts: 31
    Hi samnj01,

Which dealer in new jersey gave you $32,500? I'm in central Jersey and the only dealer around me is Acura of Ocean which gave me a quote of $33500 a week ago.

Thanks
  • Options
    Tech Vs Base was one thing I debated for almost two months. In the end I decided to go with tech because of Rear View Camera and availability of PTG. specially if you have kids & live in a nbhd with lot of kids playing in the driveway...often leaving the bikes/toys on the driveway.

Thought about Ent package but could not justify the added cost...and the thought that kids would be hooked to idiotbox on the drive to school..:-)

Loved the drive of sport pkg on the hills but again for MY drive style could not justify added cost plus complexity & little more "stiff" (subjective) ride.

I generally keep my cars for a long time... MDX was a replacement for a 1995 Infiniti (13 year old car). So I figured 3K amortized over 13 year is not that much... Moreover after 10yr/100K all trims are pretty much worth the same.

So yes Base gives you most bang for buck... buy what will make you happy.

In my mind you "buy a car" not a "buy a deal"
  • Options
    namdxownernamdxowner Member Posts: 3
    I bought the car from Lindsay Acura. The sales person was Tim Grafentine. Good Luck with your purchase. :)
  • Options
    Springfield Acura
  • Options
    dishwash42dishwash42 Member Posts: 89
    i don't suggest getting PTG. Not worth the extra money.
  • Options
    rocknroll389rocknroll389 Member Posts: 31
    Great, thanks. I'll make sure to check them out. Btw, did you use the $500 savings coupon found on their website to get down to $32,500? If not, $32,000 would be a killer deal (below holdback, i think).But $32500 is still excellent though.
  • Options
    ksudyksudy Member Posts: 1
    i have a quote of $39900 + ttl (includes body side molding + all season floor mats + wheel locks) with 2.9% financing for tech/ent. Please let me know what you think. Is it worth to pull a trigger at that price ?
  • Options
    Thanks for your feedback - I went with the sport Rails. I wish I was patient and looked on e-bay as you suggested.

We closed the deal last night. We also made changes to the original Configuration:

Sport Running Boards
    Roof Rack
    Cross Bars for Roof Rack
    Body Side Molding
    Tint (Front):
    Visor for Moon Roof
    Cargo Net
    Cargo: Cover
    Cargo Tray
    All Season Mats: Free
    Hood Deflector

2.9% Financing for 60 months
    Color: Dark Cherry Pearl
    Mileage: 4 (Show Room Vehicle)

Tax was 3%
    Doc Fees were approx 240

Total OTD: 45614.89

Overall we are satisfied. I hope this information helps anyone looking to negotiate for this Trim. I'd love to hear how we did.

A dealer in a near by state said they would beat the dealt 41347 with the 2.9%. However, they added a 400.00 Clear coat and another 400.00 (Approx) theft system. - I'm telling you this because he didn’t tell me about the add ons until I asked (My dealer told me to do this he said this is how they make up some of the profit)

Thanks for everyone's feedback. The dealer would budge more than the all season mats. Other dealers were calling me while I sat there. After I told them what I was getting, they said to go for it and that there is no way anyone was going to beat it. It sounds as though there are people here that have done better.
  • Options
    I tried to use the coupon but they said it could only be used if you spent $3000 on accessories. You should ask about it though. They might have brushed me off.

I actually signed the deal; $32450 + one free maintenance. I might have been able to get it down a couple of hundred bucks more if I kept negotiating through the end of the month but it didnt seem worth the hassle.

Good luck with your search. Let me know what price you get.
  • Options
    lyongulyongu Member Posts: 4
    samnj01: would you please tell me the name and phone number of the saleperson that gave you the deal?
  • Options
    lyongulyongu Member Posts: 4
    funduguy: I'm planning to buy a mdx too. Could you please email me the name and phone number of the salesperson that gave you the deal? Thanks!
  • Options
    congrats on picking a great color - my color of choice ;) I'd recommend you feed on the initial burst of energy and excitment about the new car to give it a good waxing (especially the areas you'll never want to reach 6 months down the road - like the roof) and get a can of scotch guard from target to add a layer of protection to the carpet ( 2 kids and a juicy juice is all it takes to ruin a good day).
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice - Ill get on that.

Has anyone seen how the Moon Roof Visor and the Wind deflector looks on the 08 MDX? I had the dealer add it - but now Im having second thoughts - I really like how the car looks now - Id hate to take away from it. I cant find pictures of the add-ons (Reasonable size)
  • Options
    try MDX.org...They have some great picture there
  • Options
    jlim0930jlim0930 Member Posts: 19
    Are you guys paying 32500 for the base model? and also does that include the TTL ?

Thanks!

How do you guys like the 2008/2009 compared to the previous generation ? Currently I have 2006 but looking at a trade
  • Options
    10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    Am in the same situation. Would like to know the name of the dealership and location that worked with you. Thanks,
  • Options
    rmbalisarmbalisa Member Posts: 129
    jlim...$32.5k is the selling price, then add TTL. I've been offered $33.5k as an initial quote...i know it can go lower to the $32.5 or even lower. test drove one today and it a lot more solid and faster than the older gen.
  • Options
    I just stoped by 2 dealers today and they did not want to go any lower than $33500 + TTL Can you tell me which dealer you worked with ? I am willing to trade if I can get it for $32.5 + TTL

plus I am getting two! so lower the better

Also a bit off topic. how is the gas milage compared with the older generation ?
  • Options
    ssknight2ssknight2 Member Posts: 7
    where are you located? anything wrong with your 2006? I am in the matket and I like the 2004-2006 shape over the new shape. I hope that I am not breaking any board rules?
  • Options
    I am in the Dallas area.. There is nothing wrong with either of the 2006 MDX one is white and the other is silver.. I also like the body shape of the older models better but the wife likes the newer one and you know how that goes.......
  • Options
    scottjohnsonscottjohnson Member Posts: 61
    ssknight2 -- sure do. I really like the older styling better and was shopping certified pre-owned MDX's when my wife saw the new ones. Now we're the proud owners of an '08.

Here in the northwest, I wasn't able to get the same sort of deals that big city folks seem to be able to swing. Paid about $39.2 K with 0.9% financing at the end of August for Tech with power tail gate. That included the dreaded "pro pack" of all-weather mats, cargo liner, and wheel locks and a pinstripe.
  • Options
    themdxownerthemdxowner Member Posts: 6
    Hi which deal did you deal with in Atlanta
    I am getting $36703 for 08 MDX tech with PTG

Thanks
  • Options
    toddpmtoddpm Member Posts: 2
    37,200 +TTL for 2008 MDX Sport, with my own financing.
    Can this be beat? Can I get them to throw in the 2.9% financing or TTL?

I didn't even have to work at that price, it was an email quote. I got a second quote about 500 more from a competitor which also didn't take much work. Should I jump on it? How much more room is there to play here?

Todd
  • Options
    samm3samm3 Member Posts: 5
    Looking for 2008 MDX TECH/RES -Cleveland area...Motorcars still asking for 41 K??
  • Options
    wareagle1997wareagle1997 Member Posts: 10
    Sealed the deal today and took delivery of the car. Sons Acura in Morrow, GA. Great to deal with. I paid 36,100 plus TTL (actually wound up leasing). I got a 2008 MDX w/ TECH, plus the Protection package that includes wheel locks, cargo tray and all-season floor mats.
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply, and Congrats...
    I think SONS Acura has the best deal I have seen so far as well..
    I got a quote for 36703 plus TTL for the 2008 MDX with Tech with PTG

Did they throw in the protection package as part of negotiations?
    Any other tips from your negotiations?

Thanks
  • Options
    I forgot that I had about $103 in cap cost reduction, so my sales price was really $36,203. I stated the protection package as part of my initial offer. I think the PTG is roughly a $550 add-on to the MSRP, so I would have paid about $36,753. I feel like I got a great deal, and I know I was dipping into their holdback already. Sounds like you're getting the same deal or a little better.
  • Options
    Who did you deal with at SONS? I'm talking to the internet manager

Thanks again for the help
  • Options
    I believe board policy doesn't allow us to mention salespeople by name. But my guy's business card also says "Internet Sales," if that helps.