Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    dibartdibart Member Posts: 1
    Did this including the financing of 0.9%??
  • Options
    rmbalisarmbalisa Member Posts: 129
    im pretty sure that includes the rebates and excludes the financing rate
  • Options
    2rsch2rsch Member Posts: 5
    How are you and others getting the MDX Tech with PTG below cost? I can't seem to get those offers (in the Boston area). Is it a regional thing?
  • Options
    sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    I bought it in Missin Viejio (Southern California) on sept 7th.

The prices have gone down by another 1K since then...
    May be a regional thing...
  • Options
    bcd79bcd79 Member Posts: 3
    I would like to know how these deals are being made... I too am having trouble getting something to good in Boston.
  • Options
    normdxnormdx Member Posts: 2
    Splash guards, wheel locks, rubber mats/trunk tray, 3m door guards.

This is the package the dealer adds to the vehicle. “Sometimes called the northwest package”. They listed at $700.00, then said they revalued at around $480.00. I didn’t really care. The items are on the vehicle before you start negotiations. It all depends on your situation. Trade-in, down payment etc. Do not discuss these items until you negotiate the selling price of the car. I’m sure this is common knowledge. But it is vary important. It is my belief to come to the dealer as a cash buyer. Do not care if the deal really happens; walk away if you do not like what you hear. There are many points to make about this subject. As you know, the internet is full of advise. The dealers have inventory to move. The MDX is great vehicle, but it does not get great gas mileage. The dealership I worked with at the time of my deal had more than 80 MDXs on the lot. On my test drive, I made note of one that needed to be jump started because they have been sitting so long the battery had died.

Since I purchased I noticed other folks have been posting better deals than mine. Different regions will always do better than others. This is the time to deal. Make the best of it. Don’t get angry.. just keep at it. They will make the numbers if you are patient. ;)
  • Options
    legaleagle4legaleagle4 Member Posts: 4
    I am also in the process of buying an mdx with tech and PLG in Boston/Providence area. Will be seeing another dealer tomorrow.
  • Options
    jenna6jenna6 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Everyone.....
    I hope you can help me with few questions here......
    I made a deal with a private seller in Novi Micigan for a Lexus ES 350. I live in Chatham Ontario Canada.
    I need some help regarding moving the car from Novi Michigan to Chatham Ontario.
    I have read all the information and know what all the documents are required but I have the following questions that I am not clear about.

1. Since I have to drive that car from Novi Michigan to the Canadian border. Can I get a temporary permit in Michigan to drive the car to the border ? Do they issue temporary permits to Canadians ? What all things would I need to go to DMV office to get it ?

2. When I fax the title to the US customs 72 hours before, Do I fax it after the title is in my name or can the seller fax it before he signs the title to me. DO I need to fax any other documents to the US customs.

Any help is appreciated as I am going there to pick up the car in couple of weeks.
    please email me at Jenna.Kannieth@yahoo.ca or post it here......

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME !!!!
  • Options
    cobainscobains Member Posts: 3
    Finally pulled the trigger on a black on black base '08 MDX that I have been yearning.

Got it for 32,440 + 760 Dest + TTL + 2.9% financing!

Been looking at it for the last couple of weeks and my salesman called me and said, in addition to the 4k incentive, the financing special was available. Just had to buy :)

Hopefully, the base price was pretty good. I felt like I could have gone even lower, since they accepted the offer right away.
  • Options
    kurtkbeekurtkbee Member Posts: 22
    Looks like we may see an updated front grill and some cosmetic changes to the 2010 MDX (mid 2009).
    Rumor is that it will also have improved mileage.

Here is a link to one of the sites covering the spy photos:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/acura-mdx-future.html
  • Options
    themdxownerthemdxowner Member Posts: 6
    Hi foxyseq

That sounds like a really great deal..
    What are the taxes in FL? what is the invoice price they gave you?
    How much were the running boards and roof rack?

I am getting 39,600 OTD for 2008 MDX with Tech with PTG...with crossbards, roof rails, wheel locks, cargo cover, mug guards...
    but your deals sounds like I should goto FL and get my car...

Thanks
  • Options
    Hi Eric

Are these prices with TTL? or Invoice prices..

I am getting 39,600 for tech and PTG ... OTD price...

thanks
  • Options
    ssknight2ssknight2 Member Posts: 7
    FYI,
    I found out yesterday ( Bloomington Acura, Minneapolis),application for financing have to be in by Tuesday 9/30) ,then you get about 10 days to pick up an your 08.
    Good luck :quotes $39, 495 (tech/Ent) $41,395 Sport/Ent colors limited.
    I like the outside of 2004-2006 shape ( I am getting 2004 thru a guy who bought an 08) but I like the 08 on the inside, I hope the outside shape can grow on me.
    I thought that this info might help somebody.
  • Options
    aj4321aj4321 Member Posts: 37
    I haven't bought a car outside my state before and I have a basic question. I reside in Michigan and I plan on buying a new MDX tomorrow or Tuesday in the DC area. The DC Acura dealers say they collect the MI sales tax and transfer my Michigan plates. I assume this is fairly common. Is there any specific I need to look out for? Specific forms or issues?
  • Options
    cstaker2006cstaker2006 Member Posts: 5
    I just called Mission Viejio. They didn't give me the price you got. They just told me it could me close. Since I live 60 miles away, can you please tell me the dealer's name you bought the car from? Thank you.
  • Options
    mrsatisfactionmrsatisfaction Member Posts: 14
    Acura of Lynnwood matches all other local Acura dealers discounts and incentives, for example the 10% "purchase discount," from Bellevue.
  • Options
    dmac22dmac22 Member Posts: 6
    If somebody out there has the dealer cost on MDX accessories, can you post them? In particular I'm interested in roof rails, cross bars, all season mats, wheel locks and sport step bars.

thanks
  • Options
    tkv_01tkv_01 Member Posts: 20
    Ask the dealer about the inspection for your state. What dealer did you quote? I got mine last week in Pohanka VA.
  • Options
    tkv_01tkv_01 Member Posts: 20
    I got mine last week. There was flat-spot on my MDX tires ( because of slow sale and parked on the lot for long time). So make sure do your test drive on highway speed and watch out for the vibration. Good luck
  • Options
    fwrdxfwrdx Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know for sure whether you can get both the $4,000 below invoice and the 0.9 or 2.9% financing? Edmunds says no but someone here posted a message saying their salesman gave them that deal.
  • Options
    cobainscobains Member Posts: 3
    I was able to get it. I'm not sure if it was just the dealership or not, but my salesman called me on Friday to tell me it was available until Tuesday.

I'm in Illinois and was able to get both the 4k incentive and financing.
  • Options
    fwrdxfwrdx Member Posts: 2
    thanks. I'll call a couple of dealers down here in DFW and see if I can get the same deal. I saw where a guy on acuramdx .org said he got both too.
  • Options
    v2c4v2c4 Member Posts: 3
    thank's for tips
  • Options
    wow, that is awesome. i'll have to make a call again to the dealers to see if this is true. im in PA so if anyone can get confirmation from other states, please let us know!
  • Options
    sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    I bought it from Norm Reeves in Mission Viejio..Just off I-5.
    I went to the website and requested a quote and I got the quote in an hour. The sales person provided the phone number etc.

That was labor day weekend.

Then I called following Wednesday and he said the incentive has increased by 500 and he will reduce the price by that amount.

Here is the website

http://www.acuramv.com

If you need sales person name/contact PM me at
    sanjaysdca at gmail dot com
  • Options
    Yes I am able to get that as well

I am seeing about 35.5 inv price for 2008 MDX Tech with PTD

Is that a good deal?

39.6K OTD with 1200 in options...
  • Options
    supermodelsupermodel Member Posts: 1
    Just paid $32,200 for a base model and got 2.9% financing.
  • Options
    budman3budman3 Member Posts: 187
    Yes, you can now get the .9 and 2.9% with the rebate.
    Base model, $33,000 + $45 doc fee. I'll pay tax and license out of state.
    I had a trade. Don't use the POS dealer in Las Vegas on Sahara!
    I bought from San Diego,CA and got $5,500 more for my trade and $7,500 more discount.
    supermodel, you got a great deal. Was that the bottom line or did they add destination, doc fees, etc.?
  • Options
    alcedesalcedes Member Posts: 8
    Any recommendations to a northern california dealer in order to get both the Financing and 4k incentive? I don't feel like driving to LA :-D.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    llee44llee44 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Norm,

Thanks for the info. I got about the same deal as you a few days ago at Acura of Lynnwood. I agree with your assumption about the location of where you are buying the car. Acura's are extremely popular in the PNW, so I can't see us Pacific Nortwesterners getting $35.5K for an MDX with Tech and PTG like some people were saying on here.

Love the car so far. The MPG is not good, but what can you expect from a 4500lb car with 300 hp and all-time all-wheel drive? For those who want to save money on gas, buy a Prius and quit your whining. :P
  • Options
    We made our deal last night after hearing/assuming ALL MDXs qualify for the rebate AND rate.
    Not sure why n. ca. wouldn't be included. I'll try and find out more today for you.
  • Options
    I've noticed a wide variety of pricing. To be clear, tax and license or OTD price shouldn't be included since states vary in the amounts charged.
    I've also noticed some had "dealer fees". In our city, some dealers had "adjusted market value". That's a bunch of bs. That POS Acura of Las Vegas wanted $608 in "fees", and they had the nerve to say it was low. I was going to do most of the paperwork for them out of state.
    My bottom line was $33,045 for the base and $35,845 for the tech. That includes destination charges and doc fees but no tax and license.
    Plus I had the choice of .9 or 2.9% financing.
  • Options
    sfbayersfbayer Member Posts: 11
    Try Oakland Acura as they had the best pricing (w/ or w/o dealer installed options) when I purchased my MDX back in July. Los Gatos Acura also have very good pricing but their dealer installed options are much higher than most. You can always pickup these options on eBay and have your local dealer to install them without voiding your warranty. Good luck! :shades:

BTW, MPG is highly depends on driving style... my wife was able to get upto 24 MPG highway and 19 MPG city (23/18 or 20 avg. for me). I absolutely love it.
  • Options
    vavavoomvavavoom Member Posts: 42
    switch out your air filter to a K&N oil filter and you'll probably get a mile or two more per gallon.
  • Options
    Sorry, I highly doubt that KN would deliver that much extra mpg. I use KN in all my stuff. It provides more air flow since it doesn't filter as many microns and the computer will in turn sense the lean condition and richen the fuel mixture. Performance may be gained but minimal.
    The nice thing is that you can clean the filter whenever you want and never buy another filter again.
    The bad thing is that dealerships hate them and will deny any warranty claim associated with the filter. You can fight that in court but $$$.
    I keep my stock air filter and exchange it anytime i would have to bring my vehicles in for service.
  • Options
    jmt529jmt529 Member Posts: 2
    Supermodel, that sounds like a great deal that you got. May you tell me which dealer in SoCal you made your purchase from? Thanks.
  • Options
    austinpoweraustinpower Member Posts: 11
    Thank you all for your very valuable suggestions and sharing the experience. I finally pulled my trigger for 08 MDX in Houston area yesterday (sept 30th) and I think it was an excellent deal compared to what I had beed receiving for last 1 month (texas somehow is little more expensive that others...so funny!).
    Tech+Ptg cost me $36,455+$50fee+6.25%state Tax+2.9% financing! The price also included tinted glass, wheel locks and mats (no added cost). The whole process was very smoot as I mostly did thru email/phone. Very nice people to deal with as well. As I heard that special incentives will be good thru October as well for all 08s- the only problem could be finding the color you like.
    Here is my two cents:
    1. Please check the inventories of all the dealers. This is important. Tech and base is most common and easy one to make a deal.
    2. As part of first negotiation, check invoice price - rebates - 2% hold back. This should your first point to start with.
    3. If the price cannot get lower anymore (and you are more or less happy) ask to add some accessories. That's how I did. My asking price was 36,050 and they couldn't go below $36,400..so I asked them to add those accessories. Most of the time, to have a good reputation/relation they will do that. I just requested them if they can help me and they seem to do that w/o haggling anymore. Also they had to get rid of one of their 30+ MDX tech from their lot!
    4. Once you made the deal, always do your own calculations of monthly payments and OTD price (if you finance like I did!) yourself. Don't rely on their finance manager. They also try to sell you so many things at that time. I ignored them all.

Those who are looking in Houston and sorrounding area..all the best! I got similar deal in San Antonio delaership as well but glad I didn't have to drive that far:). They have 40+ 08 MDX with all color choice:)
  • Options
    jinx1832jinx1832 Member Posts: 11
    As expected, the incentives have been extended into October.

On a side note, I am close to a final deal on a base model. If I can't hit my target number, what are some common accessories that can be asked for to close the deal?

Thanks.
  • Options
    funduguyfunduguy Member Posts: 11
    Are these all-season-mats ? Doesn't tinted glass and the basic mats come standard ?
  • Options
    Ha ha, ALL of them!
    Be like the dealer and start high. All they can do is say "no" and then tell them you'll sleep on it and they will change their tone.
    Most of the basic stuff doesn't cost them very much, cargo trays, mats, etc. Ask for the 1st oil change for free.
    If you don't ask, you won't get.
    Yes, my wife hates shopping with me but if you aren't firm, they will get their way.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    psst_guypsst_guy Member Posts: 5
    Congratulations on your purchase! This looks like a very decent deal. Would you mind telling two things:

1. What was the best "Base" price you got in Houston or San Antonio?
    2. Which dealerships did you work with in both these cities?

Thanks!
  • Options
    collin2collin2 Member Posts: 5
    I got my MDX with Tech/Ent plus side body molding, cargo cover, cargo tray, sport running boards, wheel lock at $39000. I also have 0.9% financing. Is it good deal? Thank you.
  • Options
    collin2collin2 Member Posts: 5
    MDX with Tech/Ent plus side body molding, cargo cover, cargo tray, sport running boards, wheel lockers at $39000. also have 0.9% financing. Is it good deal? Thank you.
  • Options
    Check with Gunn Acura in SA and Gillman in North Houston. Borth of them got pretty decent inventories (esp SA). For base you easily should be able to find something around $32,400. I will start with $32,000 and go upto that point. Remember, if you can't get any better then try to get some accessories. Another thing, other than car price and 6.25% tax in tx, don't pay more than $180 for all fees.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    I would say for a tech+ent pkg you should get something around for $38,900. I think all these accessories shouldn't cost you more than ~700 bucks? btw, window tint doesn;t come standard.
  • Options
    nm_vandinm_vandi Member Posts: 5
    After a lot of comparison (2 months) between the CX-9, Highlander, Pilot and MDX I finally went for the MDX. Its the best car to drive and ride for the price.

I got my Acura MDX Tech with PTG for $35,600 + TTL + dest + plates. Came to 39,000 OTD. I live in NJ and saw that multiple dealers were offering prices around this range (you have to haggle a little).
  • Options
    i was told by a dealer that the $4000 + financing specials are continuing for the rest of the month. :)
  • Options
    nm_vandi,

what dealerships did you deal with to get that price? sounds pretty good.
  • Options
    tyggertygger Member Posts: 59
    Is this thread now limited to just +2007 MDXs? I'm in the market for a gen 1 MDX and would like to hear what deals people are getting on those in today's market.

Thanks!
  • Options
    funduguyfunduguy Member Posts: 11
    Did you pay dest. on top of the basic quote ? How much was it ? Generally dest is included in the quote.