Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    jdl300jdl300 Member Posts: 17
    If I had to give you one piece of advice. It would to not buy any car until you know all this stuff or you will get skinned like we did couple years ago buying a premium car from a "premium dealer"

Dealer Cash comes from the manufacturer to the dealer so they can lower the price on the car and bring their costs down.

Invoice
    - dealer holdback
    - dealer cash
    + delivery fee
    = cost of car to dealer

0.9% Manufacturer's Bank incentive for you the buyer, a finance offer,only if you have tier A or B credit and you don't take the dealer cash which the dealer will pocket instead.

Rebates are for consumers and those you should probably require be sent to your home address and applied to the car loan unless you feel comfortable having it included while in negotiations but then you'd have to be extra vigilant

Get a folder, print everything you need put in there, along with calculator. If you have a laptop even better. Be prepared
  • Options
    jdl300jdl300 Member Posts: 17
    as far as I know
    at least Edmunds says can't combine dealer cash and finance offer

it's either or. And to get finance offer you need tier A or B credit rating, which is 680 or above
  • Options
    am09am09 Member Posts: 21
    I picked my new car today. They provided a very competitive price quotes - many other Acura dealerships warned me that this was a classic bait and switch. It wasn't - the price i was given over the internet (thank you Donna Telesco) is the price i received at the dealership. Overall, the staff is friendly, professional, they will work with you, will try to accomodate you. I was impressed.

'09 Base model
    Sales price (i leased) 36K (includes various fees, does not include taxes and DMV fees)
  • Options
    wai_sterwai_ster Member Posts: 10
    oops, forgot to tell you that price is without Tax and Title.

Finance $40,800+Tax & Licensing fees

Cash $38,800+Tax & Licensing fees
  • Options
    steelerfan4steelerfan4 Member Posts: 3
    I also went ahead and bought the 2009 tech package (black w black) in cash yesterday for 39K not including tax and licensing. I had a great experience with Mile High Acura (Denver). I had already received several offers from the other dealerships in the area and just got on the phone and started pricing everyone out until Mile High came through with a cash offer that nobody would match. I would strongly suggest checking out Mile High Acura if you are in the area.
  • Options
    yxfyxf Member Posts: 2
    I am from Houston and bought a 2009 MDX on the last day of Jan. The configuration is as follows: Tech + Ent + roof rack+ cross bars + all season carpet. The deal
    price is $40.9k + TTL (The accessory amount to $650 ). I know that I am not getting the rock bottom price as posted in the forum, but close enough and I am happy with the deal.

I bought my MDX from Champion Acura, I have also visited Sterling Mccall Acura and
    communicated with Gillman Acura too. I find Champion Acura is friendly and more willing to negotiate a deal. Highly recommend them over Sterling Mccall. If anyone is interested in the sale rep I used, let me know.
  • Options
    maxzoey1maxzoey1 Member Posts: 34
    Looks like the inventory in Canada has really dried up! Was at the local dealer yesterday looking for a Tech and all the dealer had left instock was 3 base models. I asked about future deliveries, and very few vechicles were coming in over the next 2 months. Only 2 tech models in the two months. I asked if a dealer search was possible, and was told that the vechicles are in such short supply that dealers are not cooperating in Canada. At this rate I just wonder how long Acura will continue the incentives on the MDX ? There certainly was no shortage of choices for the TL both FWD and AWD.
  • Options
    EandOHEandOH Member Posts: 24
    You are correct about inventory; however, I believe it is 'artifically' being shown as low. I was visiting a local Acura dealer in the SE who gave me the same story. I think Acura/Honda is doing a good job of "holding" their inventory off dealer lots (i.e. remote storage) and having all dealers tell us that "MDX's are in short supply"! RIGHT! Acura sales suck and in order to try to stave off deep discounting, they are trying this new ploy. Don't fall for it. If it works, they'll be able to raise prices and reduce incentives. If it doesn't work, watch them get more aggressive on pricing and incentives in a short time. I think they'll be forced to offer the marketing support and low rate financing if sales don't take off.

Have a look at Acura results @: www.vtec.net

Me? I'm a little tired of the game and I may look at a Highlander Sport. Hope someone from Acura is lurking on this board and seeing our messages.
  • Options
    Just looked at the January '09 sales results for MDX. MDX sales were down 48.7%. This Jan, Acura sold 2,124 MDX's vs Jan '08 sales of 3,982. Numbers don't lie. The only way they can be short inventory is if they are temporarily reducing production of MDX's and/or storing them off dealer sites.
  • Options
    gco13gco13 Member Posts: 23
    I agree with EandOh. They're not moving cars according to January sales figures. They are slowing down production but I seriously doubt there's any kind of actual shortage. Wait until President's Day weekend here in the US. I bet you you're going to see low rate financing combined with the $2000 cash back. They can't be combined now. It's an either or proposition.

-Gareth
  • Options
    maxzoey1maxzoey1 Member Posts: 34
    I am sure that is what they are doing, temporarily closing down the production plant. Sales are definitly slowing, and I believe credit is tightening for dealers. They will not be able to carry the inventory any longer . I believe at some pont there will be a shortage of vechicles, and there will be long waits for factory orders. I hear that some people with factory orders are starting to get really pissed because the dealers just don't know when the production will start flowing again.
  • Options
    garygoongarygoon Member Posts: 2
    My wager is on the opposite. Hondas 2/2 press released stated a 100 day surpluss of inventory. Compared to the normal 55 day. You may not see inventory at local dealers because the cars are all siting in lots near your major ports and storage warehouses. Sit tight, you will see huge deals in a couple months. But thats just my opinion. :)
  • Options
    riverpark1riverpark1 Member Posts: 4
    Can you please tell me the rep's name and phone? I am looking for a good deal for 2009 MDX in Houston area. Thank you very much.
    QJ
  • Options
    kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    ANy rumors about the possibilty of the 2k cash back with the special financing this weekend for Presidents Day?
  • Options
    wai_sterwai_ster Member Posts: 10
    i got an email from my salesman about special financing on pre-owned cars. This is San Francisco bay area.
  • Options
    The saleman told me today the incentive is 2k, but no special financing.
  • Options
    kennynmdkennynmd Member Posts: 424
    Thats what I got also. Just trying to decide how much longer I should wait. I would hate buying and the day or week after, they have the special financing and the 2k combined. Thanks for the replies
  • Options
    dolsey01dolsey01 Member Posts: 92
    Take it for what you want, but my Acura dealer swears up and down there will be no change in incentives or financing specials for Presidents Day and all current Acura incentives will stay the same to the March 2 date. As I posted before, Honda did combine incentives and financing in the past during Presidents Day but I got the same answer from the Honda dealers I was working with also. I really can't believe with the sales slump and such low interest rates AHFS can't do any better. Don't they want to sell cars???????
  • Options
    mdxmsnmdxmsn Member Posts: 7
    chicago area, $35440 +TTL for the base model, 5.9% for 63 month. I am kinds of tired of waiting for better incentives and my old car keeps on giving troubles now, so that is it....
  • Options
    dollar_pounddollar_pound Member Posts: 46
    am09 can you post your numbers, i am in the market for leasing too. thanks.
  • Options
    Firebird_EOUFirebird_EOU Member Posts: 250
    RX350 and EX35 are offering that much off.
    I'd be more compelled to get MDX if it had $5,000 incentive.
  • Options
    am09am09 Member Posts: 21
    Here is my post from the leasing forum:

Just got my car - i was offered this deal:

39-mo / 15K miles
    Fees & 1st payment out of pocket ($916)
    Monthly payment $583
  • Options
    Hi mdxmsn, Could you please tell me the dealer's name, its address? Thanks so much.
  • Options
    mdxmsnmdxmsn Member Posts: 7
    Muller's Woodfield Acura, in Hoffman Estates, IL (close to the airport). I think you can do a little better if you also check with the Acura of Libertyville to have them beat this price, which is not far from this dealership.
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone who posted info on MDX pricing. I tired of waiting for Acura to add what I believe should be the appropriate incentives and pricing on an MDX. I decided to go with an new '08 Highlander. Toyota is really dealing on their '08 inventory and they have lots of inventory around. Last week, when I bought the '08, I was told there were few left. "Suddenly" this week, voila!... there's many more '08 Highlanders available on Toyotas website in the SE region.

Yes, the manufacturers are playing hide and seek with us consumers to make it appear like their inventories are low. I'm convinced Acura is doing this with the MDX in hopes that the market turns around. I'm also convinced the strategy won't work. Obviously if you need to buy one now, make your best deal. I think the deals will improve as Acura sees sales continue to decline. Or, if you're like me, buy a loaded '08 Highlander Sport at amazing prices!

Good luck to all and thanks again for all your posts!
  • Options
    mbclkmbclk Member Posts: 6
    why is yahoo auto still show special incentive financing will expire 3/2/09?

http://autos.yahoo.com/2009_acura_mdx_tech_package-rebates/
  • Options
    eparraeparra Member Posts: 2
    I am looking at a certified pre-owned '07 MDV w/ navi in the SF area. The car has 22k miles and the dealer is asking for $37.9, which they will drop to $35. Is this a good deal? Has anyone purchased a similar year/model recently? Thanks!
  • Options
    jrmindejrminde Member Posts: 2
    eparra,
    If you look at messages 7697 and 7698 you will see that Bay area Acura dealerships were selling new 08 MDX with tech package from 35k - 36k.....just a reference point
  • Options
    subrasubra Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to get a certified Acura MDX 2006 with 25,000 miles. I am being offered a price of $22,750 (excluding TTL) - is this a good price? Vehicle has a clean carfax history report and it is "Acura Certified Pre-Owned" vehicle? Anything I need to be aware of like recalls etc on this model. Please comment and I am looking for help or advice. Thanks.
  • Options
    gmax50gmax50 Member Posts: 6
    I'm about to close the deal on a 09 MDX Tech. I already agreed on the price and trade. The color combo I want is being delivered to the dealer this week. I will list details of the deal when completed. My questions is:
    Is the leather/paint protection package that the dealer will try to sell me worth it? How much do they charge? I have never had leather interior and know I need to preserve/protect it. Any feedback would be appreciated before I go into the financing office. Thanks.
  • Options
    suspendmixsuspendmix Member Posts: 43
    Short answer is no. That's just completely pure profit on their part and at least the paint part, modern cars nowadays don't rust/corrode like they used to. You can also purchase leather cleaning/protection supplies to do it yourself much cheaper. Google it, you'll see a lot of info on this and you can check out acuramdx.org forums for info the leather cleaner/protection, I can't remember off the top of my head but there's a long thread dedicated to the cleaning and protection of the mdx leather, good luck and share your buying experience for everyone when done!

EDIT

Here's the link:
    http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=12

You'll want to expand the section to show all threads from the beginning (its only showing the last 5 from the past 30 days) or just search for leather. I saw at least 3 threads just on leather care alone, good luck!
  • Options
    gmax50gmax50 Member Posts: 6
    Thanks. I'll search the forums. I've heard about Zaino products. I'm sure I can do a more thorough job than the dealer.
  • Options
    prasadperiprasadperi Member Posts: 40
    Hi

I just got a quote from and internet sales manager in Maryland for an MDX with Tech package a price of $38879. Are these good prices? Do they still have the dealer cashback from manufacturer? They have a $100 processing fees. I am not sure if this includes destination or not but will find out.

Thanks
    PSP
  • Options
    One dealer told me he will accept 38K for me to drive the car home. Do you think it is a good deal? Thanks
  • Options
    kap8kap8 Member Posts: 22
    got an internet offer here on L.I. for $36,229, but I think that's pre-tax dollars. Not putting much stock in it.
  • Options
    If this is a tech model then $36.2k is pretty damn good for a 2009, in fact, probably best I've seen on the forum for a 2009 tech.
  • Options
    Is this tech or base for $38k?
  • Options
    I can't speak specifically for the north east region but 09 tech's the last month or so seem to be going in the mid $38ks so you are in the ball park. I'd take the 38879 and shop it around to a few of the acuras in the area (if you have any). Post 7748 on here shows a quote of 38400 from Gaithersberg Maryland (sp?) about 2-3 weeks ago. Processing fees are usually pure dealer profit, at least here in California. Assuming that theses are aren't the normal DMV fees charged.
  • Options
    kap8kap8 Member Posts: 22
    no, $36.2 was a base. no tech. can't seem to find a number on here for an '09 base. any suggestions as to what to shoot for? I was thinking $34.5
  • Options
    SmartPantsSmartPants Member Posts: 7
    I have a quote for 34995 + TTL for 2009 Base MDX that I am pondering over.. :confuse:
  • Options
    There's a $3500 difference between the tech and the base so my best guess would be whatever tech prices you are seeing in your region on here minus the 3500 should be your target price. Good luck!
  • Options
    Dealor in Maryland gave me the following quote for base and tech package Vehicle of Interest:
    Vehicle of Interest: 2009 Acura MDX MSRP: $41,750 SPECIAL INTERNET PRICE: $35,201

Vehicle of Interest: 2009 Acura MDX Tech MSRP: $45,800 SPECIAL INTERNET PRICE: $38,874 (Prices do not include taxes, tags and fees.)
  • Options
    dollar_pounddollar_pound Member Posts: 46
    is the 2.9% financing program still available with acura mdx? I was told it is no longer available. Thanks!
  • Options
    kgolbykgolby Member Posts: 17
    The best price I was able to get for an '09 MDX base was $34,700. This included destination. I think you can for sure get a better price than $36,200. I'm in Florida if that makes any difference.
  • Options
    cdrvfcdrvf Member Posts: 12
    Going to hit the following offer tomorrow (unless anyone says that I am crazy)

09 MDX with tech + ent + running boards = $41,500 + TTL

For clarity, the 41,500 includes destination charges. tri-state area.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    spam1spam1 Member Posts: 2
    kgolby...Where in Florida are you located and what dealership did you use? That is a great deal for a base. I am in South Florida and would take a lease if I could get the $34,700 price you received.

Thanks
    "The best price I was able to get for an '09 MDX base was $34,700. This included destination. I think you can for sure get a better price than $36,200. I'm in Florida if that makes any difference. "
  • Options
    Hello mim8
    I am looking at the same 09 MDX with tech package. Did you follow up with the sales agent in Gaithersburg. Were you able to get the price quoted of 38,400 for the base model? Does that include the destination? Can you describe your experience and provide me with the contact person via email who you dealt with?
    My personal email is prasadperi@hotmail.com

Thanks
    PSP
  • Options
    sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    Difficult to say without knowing your area...

Tristate? IN, OH, KY? or PA, NY, NJ?, or there are others too...
    Having said that sounds like a decent deal.
  • Options
    tristate
  • Options
    sry - just got your post - NY, NY