Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    kdaddykdaddy Member Posts: 2
    can you give me the dealers contact numbers. Thank you
  • Options
    kap8kap8 Member Posts: 22
    thanks. maybe it's NY! couldn't get a number lower than $36,500 (including dest fee) yesterday. Even walked out on deal and made no difference. guess i'll keep trying.
  • Options
    hvatohvato Member Posts: 8
    I'm looking for a Sport pkg MDX. PLease let me knwo the sale rep. name. Thanks
  • Options
    kikiakikia Member Posts: 3
    I have kids and would not get anything else other than leather interior. Don't buy anything from the dealer to protect it, it's pre-treated at the factory. It's not necessary, but to clean and condition it, get a product at a hardware store and test it on a small spot first.

For those in the DC area, I highly recommend Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA, just beyond Tysons, for the best price in town. I understand they are the largest volume dealer. I am a stay at home mom with more time than money, so I really did my homework. I started with the national add and negotiated the price down for a base model. The people at this dealership seem to understand the customer and are easy to work with.
  • Options
    prasadperiprasadperi Member Posts: 40
    Hello Mam,
    What was the price you finally negotiated to at pohanka Acura?
    Thanks
    PSP
  • Options
    GyrlwolfGyrlwolf Member Posts: 35
    Anyone know the current price for a 09' Acura MDX Tech pkg or Tech & Entertainment pkg? :confuse: I currently live in Southern NJ in the Marlton area and wanted to know the going price so that I don't get taken for a ride. Looking to purchase as the lease deals seem a bit pricey or maybe it's just me. Thanks in advance for any assitance. :)
  • Options
    swinglineaeroswinglineaero Member Posts: 3
    Hi,
    Which NY dealership are you working with? I'm interested in the same one and this looks to be a good deal.
  • Options
    klenjklenj Member Posts: 23
    I purchased a 09 MDX Tech from Acura of Ramsey for 38,400. plus TTL fees on 12/31/2008.
  • Options
    NoVa_VTECNoVa_VTEC Member Posts: 6
    Hi - me too shopping a tech MDX in DC area. pls share your shopping experience with this dealer. thanks!
    since you cannot post contact name, pls email to dsu@costar.com
  • Options
    oh yeah, stay home mom huh? How much did you pay for your vehicle? Are you associated with Pohanka Acura in any way?
  • Options
    we closed the lease deal yesterday at 21,860 "all in" for an '09 base mdx 39 months, 12k miles. this is a particularly good deal because it includes 12k miles and md state taxes at 6% of the entire price of the car, which could be deductible at tax time depending on income level. i don't work for anyone, including pohanka. in dc, head outside the beltway for the best price. i hope this helps, thanks to car man. kiki
  • Options
    presodentpresodent Member Posts: 3
    @ sanjaysdca:

I am also dealing with Mission Viejo right now on an MDX. Where did you end up buying your MDX from and for how much? Whom did you deal with at Mission Viejo?

Thanks!
  • Options
    bocahoo91bocahoo91 Member Posts: 2
    That's about what I'm seeing. I'm looking at an 09 MDX with tech + ent, but no running boards and I have one quote of $40,500 + 699 dealer prep (so $41,200) and one quote of $41,700 so your $41,500 is right in line with the 2 quotes I have. Both quotes include destination.

This is in south Florida
  • Options
    cdrvfcdrvf Member Posts: 12
    Thanks. I am picking one up tomorrow. 41,200 all in. Happ to have the shopping done.
  • Options
    hello1061hello1061 Member Posts: 7
    Hi - I'm looking at a certified MDX dealer loaner with 3500 miles with tech pckg. Sticker is $38,995 but I'm hoping to get down about $3,000 b/c of the miles. Does anyone have any guidelines on what is reasonable price to pay for this car since it does have the miles but also the extended warranty?

thanks!
  • Options
    SmartPantsSmartPants Member Posts: 7
    I think $38,995 is way too high considering that there are folks that have bought a new 09 with Tech package for 38,400. And remember this includes destination.. without it it will be down to 37,700 or so

I would try to negotiate it down to 34K - 34.5K

Good luck..
  • Options
    What exactly is 21,860 that you quoted? lease price? What's the monthly payment there? Also "All In" is a meaningless number, as in OTD (Out The Door price) as it has local tax in it, which means nothing to others in this forum.

Unless you post meaningful numbers, many people will look at this as an ad for your deader ship.
  • Options
    Thanks - I agree too high b/c I am compromising on color with 3500 miles but better warranty and must be better price. It's good to get another person's prospective on what a reasonable price compromise would be. That is around where we were thinking maybe a little more aggressive so I will let you know what I come up with when I talk to the dealer today. If it's not good enough, I'll get my first color choice.

Take care!
  • Options
    I am in Central NJ - planning to get 2009 Base MDX or with MDX Tech package - flexible.

Anyone else in tri-state area ready to make a purchase for either of the vehicle.

I was wondering if we can combine forces for multi vehicle purchase and negogiate a better deal...

Anyone interested.. ;)
  • Options
    dbdevil88dbdevil88 Member Posts: 2
    I live in PA and am considering purchasing an MDX Tech from a MD dealer who has offered a price $600 less than my local PA dealer. The PA Dealer said that I would consume the savings with documentation fees and then having the car re-inspected in PA. The PA dealer also said that the incentives are different in MD and that he can't go any lower or match the proposed financing with his banks. Am I getting a line or do the PA dealer's comments make sense.
  • Options
    dbdevil88dbdevil88 Member Posts: 2
    Where are people getting 09 w/Tech for $38,400? The best prices I have are $38,900 and $39,500.
  • Options
    mannynmannyn Member Posts: 7
    Hi ,

I am also in Central NJ & planning to finance MDX tech pkg. We should get close to 38K with 0.9% / 2.9% 36/60 Months finance.

I guess this finance deal is not available right now but if we wait to see what deals comes up on march 3rd, will be worthwhile.

Any suggestions..

Thanks.
  • Options
    I think we are on same page - if I get MDX with Tech package for 38K - I am in. I also agree with you that I think we will get financiang back in March and they will let combine it with dealer cash back.

Lets stay in touch and maybe we can work out something together
  • Options
    $21,860 is the total cost of the lease for 39 months including taxes, tags, first month. the money factor is .00250, 12k/year mile lease, base model, 51% residual. putting down $3800 resulted in a payment of $487. Putting down $1300 resulted in a payment of $545. the msrp was $34,8, so 6% tax on that as a md resident, all included in the $21,8k. as you know, putting down less results in a higher payment, and a bit more interest, increasing the total cost of the lease. to get the best price, i negotiate the total cost of the lease by bidding it out to dealers via internet, then work the down and monthly payment, otherwise the salesman seeks to confuse. i opted for holding on to my cash by going with a higher monthly payment. in mentioning the dealership, i was just trying to share my 6 weeks of research of the dc market.
  • Options
    41.2 is that OTD? I'm in Houston and got quoted with all season mats and cargo tray OTD;

Tech : 42.6 ~ 39.9 + ttl
    Sport: 43.7 ~ 40.9 + ttl

Let me know please. I'm in no rush with this kind of economy.
  • Options
    i was quoted with all season mats and cargo tray OTD.

Tech: 42.6 ~ 39.9 + ttl
    Sport: 43.7 ~ 40.9 + ttl

I saw some ppl in this forum got the tech for 38.4 + ttl ~ 41.5 OTD for me but none of the dealers take that number. PLease let me know your buying experience. hvato1@gmail.com
  • Options
    kap8kap8 Member Posts: 22
    Car Man (or anyone else): negotiating lease on base MDX with 2 dealers. 39 mths, 10k miles, NY area. One offers me taxes rolled in for $552/mth, nothing up front but first payment and MV fees ($787 - although i have a $1,000 Acura "down payment" coupon as repeat customer). The other says same deal is $548/mth, but asks for double the upfront fees, including $595 acquisition fee (although dest. fee was aready included), "upfront taxes," although taxes were rolled in.

Is the first guy not telling me everything, or is the second guy padding his bill? Thanks.
  • Options
    wai_sterwai_ster Member Posts: 10
    hvato:
    I live in the San Francisco Bat Area and I bought an 09 Tech with All season mats, Cargo Tray and Cargo cover for $40,938. I had them throw in the mats and tray but had to pay for cargo cover $138.

Hope this helps

I bought it on 1/24
  • Options
    sk1719hksk1719hk Member Posts: 2
    Here is the deal Im try to strike and it seems to me more then fair as the dealer will get all of the holdback plus 161 dollars.

Invoice price is around 42400. If anyone has a hard invoice price on tech/ent let me know.
    2500 down
    2000 from dealer cash incentive
    1000 cash from honda finance cust loyalty program
    =36900 + 161 = 37050
    Remember Im puting 2500 down
    I think a 39 month lease should run at around 550.00/month
    any thoughts
  • Options
    I just bought a 09 tech with 3500 miles that had been used as a service loaner. Excellent condition. Because it was a service loaner they extended the warranty as a certified acura warranty up to 62,000/100,000. I paid right at $35,000 . The Acura Certified Used 2008 and 2009's are a good way to go if you still want a 'new' car but want someone else to take the 1st hit of depreciation - if you find one you like, i'd move fast because they go quick.
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    My 41.2 was for 09 MDX + tech + ent + running boards

Total is 41.2 + TTL so 41.2 + 250 + nytax (3450) + title/license(250) = 43,900 OTD
  • Options
    Had an extra 250 in there, should have read:

Total is 41.2 + TTL so 41.2 + nytax (3450) + title/license(250) = 43,900 OTD
  • Options
    gmax50gmax50 Member Posts: 6
    I'm still waiting to close the deal on my 09 Tech. Truck is being delivered soon, hopefully.
    My question: I'm interested in upgrading to 19" wheels from the dealer when I buy. Has anyone done this recently? Do you get some credit for the 4 brand new wheels and tires that you are trading in? These should be worth at least $1,200. Cheapest retail price I have found on the 18" tech wheels/tires is $676 for the wheels and $976 for the tires, not including tpms or mounting, etc. I can't pay the dealer's price on new wheels and tires without some credit. Any comments?Thanks.
  • Options
    mar1an1mar1an1 Member Posts: 38
    I'm in North Jersey (around Mahwah/Ramsey Bergen county). Acura or Ramsey offered us $39,716 for 2009 Acura MDX with Tech Package and $41,575 with Sport Package. I believe those are the OTD prices plus TTL. Originally we were going to jump on it and trading in our current car 06 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Limited. But upon reading this site, it seems that there are many folks who got less than our prices. Called the Acura HQ as we currently own an RL to ask for any incentives/rebates for existing customers and got the run around (was told to just check from dealers to dealers, which I believe is totally unprofessional and not up to par with their supposedly LUXURY brand).
    So, I'm holding back until after 03/02/09. That's when the current incentives end, and the new one supposedly begin. There are no great APR being offered.

The funny part is....
    Every car dealership in the area (be that BMW, Lexus, Acura) is totally jammed packed on the weekend with people lining all the way out the door. Where is the recession? Lexus is currently offering $10,000 below MSRP for their 09 RX350 and 08 RX400h as their 2010 models for RX350 already came out. There is currently only one dealership (Prestige Lexus) that has 09 RX350 with NAV (they have 5 cars total that have been around for weeks) and aren't willing to nego on the prices. If anybody decides to check Lexus 09 RX350 in this dealership, do NOT go with the salesperson with the name Michael. What a pain I'm telling you.....

So, I'm holding out... Number 1 preference is 09 Acura MDX (better that be a demo or new). :blush: But if lexus is willing to give $35000 for their demo 09 RX350 with 3000 miles, I think I'll be more than willing to consider.

I hate haggling...... :mad:
    And I can't believe that Acura HQ is even suggesting me to do this. I wrote a lengthy complaint..... :mad:
  • Options
    am09am09 Member Posts: 21
    Try DCH Montclair Acura - i got my MDX (base model) for around 35K - i dealt with Donna Telesco - it is about 25 minutes from where you live
  • Options
    I got 41,500 OTD from curry acura in westchester from Fran and 41,200 OTD from Acura Bayshore LI. That was for 09 mdx w tech + ent + running boards.
  • Options
    klenjklenj Member Posts: 23
    I live in the same area as you. I purchased a 2009 MDX Tech on New Years eve from Acura of Ramsey for $38,400. plus TTL. This is my 5th car I purchased from them. I always shop around the dealerships in the area and search the web plus this site to find the lowest reasonable price and Acura of Ramsey has always beat it. They beat DCH in Montclairs price every time I always purchase from them because it is 10 minutes from my house and they have a great service department.

I have always dealt with Daniel Schapio in sales and Stewart the asst. sales manager and they have always been fair and not sleazy. I always bring in the lowest price I can find on the internet for accesories and they have always matched it.

Do your homework first and good luck.
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up. I guess that's what we'll have to do. I just find it a bit odd that I have to haggle with Acura from dealer to dealer (as stated by their client services 800 numbers from HQ!). Didn't really expect this, as afteral we paid sticker price for the 05 RL (the first time the new version came out). My husband was very adamant about that car and loves it dearly. Sadly, the trade in value of this car now is about the same as my 06 Subaru Legacy GT Limited :P I can't help but rub it in on his face daily :P

Did you by any chance get the remote starter from them Acura of Ramsey as well? If so, what's your quoted price? I was quoted at $380 and they said that it's at their cost.

$38,400 for 09 MDX with Tech package is really a good price. We were quoted at $39,716, and $40,575 for the Sport package, and the sales guy told me that it was their bottom price (making only $200 of the invoice price which I didn't believe). Don't they still make money eventhough they're selling the car at the invoice price? And if Acura offers incentives, wouldn't the rockbottom price be the invoice minus the incentives (i.e: if invoice is $35000 and incentive is $2000, then rockbottom price would be $33000)?
  • Options
    Thanks. I will try DCH Monthclair as well.

I also recently received an offer from Acura of Springfield for their 08 MDX Sport+Ent package for $39,995 with 70 miles on it. For 09 MDX Sport+Ent package, they're offering it $41,495.

Anybody knows what are the differences between 08 and 09 MDX model? The salesperson at Acura of Ramsey told me that there is literally none.
  • Options
    I think one of the only differences is that with the tech package, the 09 comes with the automatic tailgate opener - I don't think the 08 does.
  • Options
    Thanks. That auto tailgate opener is the key feature that I'm actually looking forward to.
  • Options
    mannynmannyn Member Posts: 7
    We should get around 38400 for tech pkg, let us get in touch around 3/3/09 & we can make a deal with the dealer. I really like to get finance rate to be around 2.9/60 months. If it's okay with you, let me know yr e.mail.

Thanks,
    Manish
  • Options
    mrlddstmrlddst Member Posts: 10
    I just came from the dealership, I feel like I'm being taken for a fool. I'm looking at two cars, a "USED" 2009 TECH/ENT with 5000 miles on it for 41500 has and a "NEW 2009 TECH for 41684(invoice price) with 5 miles on it before tax. I'm trading in my 07 RDX for 0, was upside down. I'm not satisfied with the price of either though. The TMV for this area is 41048 for a tech and 42000 for the tech/ent but looking at the forum I feel like I'm being cheated. Are these prices too high, how low should I go on the USED tech/ent? Someone please help.
  • Options
    sanjaysdcasanjaysdca Member Posts: 269
    Seems very high
    Go to carsdirect.com
    and see if you can beat that price by 1000

That was my goal when I bought MDX last year
  • Options
    My email id is samitk at hotmail - lets touch base early march to try and do combine offer..
  • Options
    those are not good prices. 09 tech should be 38,500ish
  • Options
    Hi - I posted earlier that I bought a Used 2009 MDX Tech with 3500 miles for just over $35,000 (37,995 was the sticker price) and since I bought from an Acura dealer includes extended warranty. Mine also had body side molding, door protectors and roof rack on it and all season mats and cargo tray. I live in Missouri. I traded in a minivan that was old and worth between $2500 and $3000 (I had brought it to 3 different dealers and was coming up with the same approx price). Bottom line I paid $32500 and got $250 in gas cards (net $32,250) so that's how I'm coming up with the $35,000 range. It's hard to tell when you're trading in something but my van was 10 years old with 150,000 miles and would have been hard to sell otherwise. Hope this helps! Good luck....
  • Options
    mrlddstmrlddst Member Posts: 10
    This dealership has a the price for the used 2009 marked as 41800. I thought that was high for a used vehicle that has already depreciated. My current car is upside down by 2k. They want me to pay 41500 and put down 1500. I think its a jip. I think i'm going to pass.
  • Options
    Let's get together after 03/02. One of my coworkers was just telling me that his brother got an 09 MDX with Tech and Ent for $42k (including taxes and TTL). Taxes is calculated to be around 8% because they bought the car in Queens. Now, that's a deal I think.... because Acura of Ramsey told us to add another $1600 to any packages (either tech or sport) for the entertainment system. Not that I need the entertainment system....

Yep, I'm also looking for a financing to be around your figure. I wonder if the price of the car depends on the trade in. I'm pretty sure they calculate it this way..... they'll make money off me from BOTH ENDS :mad:
  • Options
    kgolbykgolby Member Posts: 17
    Live in Jax, FL. I got the quote from Gettel Acura in Sarasota, FL.