Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2016 Nissan Rogue Prices Paid

Comments

• Options
    joeynissanjoeynissan Member Posts: 2
    I purchased a 2016 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Premium Package out the door for $24,200 and 0.9% financing / 60 months. Really happy with my purchase.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 242,071

I purchased a 2016 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Premium Package out the door for $24,200 and 0.9% financing / 60 months. Really happy with my purchase.

Congrats!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    cutterbobcutterbob Member Posts: 8
    Hi joeynissan,
    I am looking for the same exact car. Do you mind giving the dealership where you got that deal? TIA.
  • Options
    joeynissanjoeynissan Member Posts: 2
    cutterbob said:

Hi joeynissan,
    I am looking for the same exact car. Do you mind giving the dealership where you got that deal? TIA.

Sorry, just saw this ... I got the deal in Melbourne, FL. Let me know if you need any more info.
  • Options
    chrisj76chrisj76 Member Posts: 5
    Is this a good deal?

2016 Rogue SL Premium Package OTD for $28,700. The location is: 22031

Thanks!
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    FWD? What's the selling price?
  • Options
    chrisj76chrisj76 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2016
    stever said:

FWD? What's the selling price?

It's an AWD. I'm not sure how much of is Tax and Destination, he only give me OTD price of $28,700. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Invoice is $31,571. TMV usually runs about $1,100 under invoice on this model in NOVA (I guess that zip qualifies for NOVA).

Anyway, right now there's a $2,000 incentive making the TMV average price paid $28,474.

Your selling price should be lower than that. I'm guessing your tax is close to 10% so that would make your selling price around $26,500.

Sounds like an excellent deal from here, if my assumptions are correct.
  • Options
    beachsandiegobeachsandiego Member Posts: 1
    2016 Rogue SV, premium package + family package (3rd row seat) + chrome rear bumper + floor mats, splash guards, $25,500 excluding tax / title. Zip code is 70005 (Big Easy!) Rogue with 3rd row seat seems rare because 3 dealers I went didn't have one on their lot. The dealer would not go lower because they have to move the car from Shreveport, LA to here and not charging me for it. I called another dealer nearby, asked them to beat it and the person already sounded hesitant. Is this a decent deal?
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    There's a $1,500 incentive right now so the "adjusted" TMV is $25,143.

I drink chicory in my coffee every day but I don't know your market - seems like an average deal if the dealer was local. But the selling dealer will likely send two porters and two cars down to deliver the Rogue to you and that'll kill 10 to 12 hours of their day. The expense to the dealer would be about the same (or more) if they flatbed it to you.

Looking at it that way, it's a good deal. Dealers often charge $800 or more to deliver cars a significant distance.

Not sure why a local dealer is hemming and hawing - maybe because they know they can't get one with the third row.

Laissez les bons temps yada yada! :)

• Options
    riley24riley24 Member Posts: 5
    Hi! Hope you can help me determine if we are being quoted too high on a rogue sl, AWD with premium package. Zip code 07675.

dealer would not go lower than $31,800 before taxes and fees (rebates already included) 

seems me a bit high from the research I've done through edmunds and truecar, but I'm a first time buyer and I don't know what a good deal would be for this car. 

Thank you...
  • Options
    babu1212babu1212 Member Posts: 12
    Hello All, Thank you for providing the wealth of knowledge. I would like to know is it a good decision to buy a 2016 Nissan Rogue when the 2017 new model is going to hit the floors in couple of weeks.
    Secondly I got an offer of 23K out of door for the Base model(Memphi), should I wait till the end of November or lets say end of December so that the new model is out and I could maximize my discount on the old model.
  • Options
    I also did some research and found out that we have total 312 Rogue around Memphis (with in 30 Miles) and 146 out of those are base model so that would also motivate dealer to reduce price.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Looks like we overlooked @riley24 but he was posting more in another Rogue thread and got a better deal by shopping around.

Welcome @babu1212, you live in some of my old stomping grounds. Was in M-town for a couple of years in the late 70s. Bought a few cars there when I was in N. MS but it's been too many years to know your market now.

The "excess" inventory should help you and the end of the model year will help. btw, I "only" see 133 Rogues around Memphis but inventory listings are notoriously inaccurate. (link)

If you want to maximize your savings and aren't too picky about color, then the end of the November should save you some money. And waiting until the end of December should save you even more. Your selection will keep shrinking though.

The other factor working in your favor is the slowing car market - it's been plateauing for a while now and I think the bubble of new buyers has worked its way through.

TMV is coming in at $22,527, about $700 below the invoice of $23,173 (including the $900 destination). That's for the base S FWD with no options.

So $23k out the door isn't bad for a starter quote. :)

Oh, be sure to compare numbers with a similar 2017 (assuming you wait until they come out). Sometimes the price difference between the new ones and the leftover models isn't worth it and you are better off getting the latest model.
  • Options
    Thank you Sir, the car count is based on the cars i see on the dealers website, following is the breakdown
    Autonation Memphis 65
    Landers Nissan(MS) 54
    Jim Keras 67
    Wolfchase nissan 126
    Also i am not very keen on a particular color or option on the car, do you think i can save another 2K if i wait till 31st December to get the absolute best car deal.
  • Options
    I got the absolute best deal on a Nissan on 12/31/98.

A week later I learned that Nissan extended the year through Jan. 4th for dealer quota purposes. So I still left money on the table. B)

And yeah, that's the super bowl weekend for car buying deals. Another $2,000 off might be doable (I'd test the waters around Thanksgiving first - maybe you can find a deal on Black Friday).

Please keep us posted.
  • Options
    Exciting update for me this morning, the dealer has dropped the price of the base model by $750 based on the dealer website, and I have not even started my bargain. Seems like the 2K reduction in price by 31st December looks achievable.
  • Options
    Maybe even by Black Friday. You'll have to celebrate at the Rendezvous for me. :)
  • Options
    Hello Stever,
    The dealer dropped the price by 250$ more this morning total 1000$ drop in less than 2 weeks, can i ask 22K for OTD price quote of 24800. Is it possible on black friday or 31st dec or is it an outrageous offer?
  • Options
    You could try the old "I'm ready to buy today for $24,800 OTD" and see what happens. Seems a bit early in the month for them to be desperate but two good price drops in two weeks is encouraging.

Just be ready to buy "today" in case they say yes.
  • Options
    ooh no i guess i framed it wrongly, the OTD was quoted 24800, i was planning to place an offer of 22000. I just wanted to know if this offer is valid or will be thrown out of the door. Can i try the same on Black friday or 31st Dec.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Right, sorry, missed that.

That's a big counteroffer so yeah, it probably will be thrown out the door. That's okay though - it's just business and they won't throw you out the door. And they may surprise you with another $1,000 bucks off or more. Hard to say.

$2,800 more off may not be doable on Black Friday or at the end of the year either, but your odds of a better deal are better then. If you aren't in any hurry, sure, hang loose. Just keep an eye on the inventory as the days go by.
  • Options
    I know $2800 below the asking price of $24,800 is too low (11% less), may be i am missing something here, i have read articles online that say you can get discount up to 8-9% if you buy on certain dates in December, Kindly tell me how can i get the 8-9% discount mentioned on some of the online articles, link below, also we have to consider that the 2016 Nissan Rogue is outgoing model and will be replaced by 2017 Nissan Rogue, how much should we factor in this point?
    http://www.truecar.com/blog/2011/12/06/december-has-seven-of-the-10-best-days-to-buy-a-new-car-in-2011-according-to-truecar-com/
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/jimhenry/2014/11/26/black-friday-car-deals-are-great-new-years-eve-maybe-even-better/#7d272ece32ad
  • Options
    If this is true about the 8-9% discount, who gives this discount is the manufacturer or the dealer?
  • Options
    mike123333mike123333 Member Posts: 2
    Hello folks, I want to purchase a 2016 Nissan Rogue SV fully loaded, the MSRP is $31370 and current sale price is $27,370. I have asked the local dealers for price quotes and none are coming up with any. I think they feel not obliged to give me any low pricing thinking I will use one dealer against another. I want to wait for Black Friday and see what I can do in terms of pricing. They have already gone up ion prices by $250 across the week, My questions is , do you expect the dealers to drop the prices down considerably come Black Friday? then end of Dec. I wanted to go in and see if they are willing to drop down another $2000-$2500. I am in the Scranton Pa area. this will be my first Nissan,
  • Options
    mike123333mike123333 Member Posts: 2

Hello folks, I want to purchase a 2016 Nissan Rogue SV fully loaded, the MSRP is $31370 and current sale price is $27,370. I have asked the local dealers for price quotes and none are coming up with any. I think they feel not obliged to give me any low pricing thinking I will use one dealer against another. I want to wait for Black Friday and see what I can do in terms of pricing. They have already gone up ion prices by $250 across the week, My questions is , do you expect the dealers to drop the prices down considerably come Black Friday? then end of Dec. I wanted to go in and see if they are willing to drop down another $2000-$2500. I am in the Scranton Pa area. this will be my first Nissan,

Just wanted to note, I have not gone into the dealerships and haggled anything. I am ready to purchase and am preapproved.
  • Options
    Stever, we need your guidance...Please reply
  • Options
    babu1212 said:

If this is true about the 8-9% discount, who gives this discount is the manufacturer or the dealer?

Those discounts can be either from the manufacturer or the dealer - often it's some combo, but I think the manufacturer's incentives really drive the discounts.

And by incentives I mean the manufacturer to dealer bonuses and spiffs in addition to any cash back or low APR rates offered to consumers.
  • Options
    thanks Stever....but i am still confused how much discount should i firmly ask for? can i ask a 22000 car for 20000 or 24500 car for 22000...what is that amount of discount that i can say i should get.
  • Options

I'm missing an option or two but when I price a loaded SV out I get a TMV of $27,492, including a current customer cash incentive of $2,000.

So that means the current sale price is just average.

Your thinking about why the dealers aren't giving you quotes is spot on, but that's part of the game, and we shop quotes on everything else. No reason why car dealers should be exempt. I'd send out another series of quote requests, maybe emphasize that you are ready to buy today from the dealer that gives you the best price.

Sales have been easing across the board so there's no reason to thing that prices won't also ease.

If you are willing to travel, you're only about 2.5 to 3 hours from the bigger market of Philly.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    babu1212 said:

thanks Stever....but i am still confused how much discount should i firmly ask for? can i ask a 22000 car for 20000 or 24500 car for 22000...what is that amount of discount that i can say i should get.

Looking at the TMV link above, Shelby County isn't all that aggressive of a market either (compared to Nashville). I'm thinking somewhere around another $1,000 and $1,500 off your current OTD quote may be about the best you can do.

Doesn't hurt to ask, play the Black Friday/end of month game and try to shop quotes around.
  • Options
    Thank you very much Stever....you have shown me the path....i now have target in my mind
  • Options
    Please keep us posted and good luck!
  • Options
    Hello Stever,
    Finally got my car Nissan Rogue Base model on Black Friday for OTD price of 20,500. Thank you i got a hint from one of your replies you had said Nashville is an aggressive market than Memphis. I checked in Nashville
    they delivered the car at my home in Memphis for 20,500.
  • Options
    No kidding, that's good to hear. Never shopped cars in Nashville but it is a bigger market. So you got within $500 of your target and beat my guess handily.

Congrats! Good job!
  • Options
    chiku18chiku18 Member Posts: 23
    Got an offer for 2016 SL FWD with Premium package + other goodies- MSR 32845 as 27 K outdoor in Florida, How is this deal?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    chiku18 said:

Got an offer for 2016 SL FWD with Premium package + other goodies- MSR 32845 as 27 K outdoor in Florida, How is this deal?

Welcome back @chiku18, you've been popping in Edmunds for a decade now buying cars.

Invoice is $30,541 and the True Market Value average price paid for a Tampa zip is $28,946 for the Premium with destination.

So you're another $2,000 under TMV and that includes your 7.5% (?) tax. And I'm ignoring another $1,000 in goodies that your Rogue has.

Your offer sure looks strong from here.

• Options
    chiku18chiku18 Member Posts: 23
    stever said:

chiku18 said:

Welcome back @chiku18, you've been popping in Edmunds for a decade now buying cars.

Invoice is $30,541 and the True Market Value average price paid for a Tampa zip is $28,946 for the Premium with destination.

So you're another $2,000 under TMV and that includes your 7.5% (?) tax. And I'm ignoring another $1,000 in goodies that your Rogue has.

Your offer sure looks strong from here.

Thanks Stever, I always trust this forum and have bought all my cars or friends using advice from these forums.

My Final Deal
    List Price SL Rogue - 32,650
    Total Off MSRP - 10,604
    Accessories - 2,350
    Purchase Price - 24,396
    Outdoor price in FL - 27,664.

If this helps anyone or please comment if this indeed was steal deal.
  • Options
    Sounds crazy good. Congrats!
  • Options
    jankagejankage Member Posts: 3
    Hello, I'm looking to buy a leftover 2016 Rogue SV AWD with premium and sunroof packages in 68114. There are at least four Nissan dealerships within 50 miles of me and my starting offer is 24k + TTL on the type of rogue I mentioned. Is this reasonable? I will be buying "today" whenever I can meet my price goal. I have to buy a new vehicle in December either way. I've yet to have much luck with my first round of e-mail blasts, though.

Any help is appreciated, and thank you for your time.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    TMV for your zip is coming in around $300 below the invoice of $26,473 (including destination).

Your $24,000 target is $2,473 below invoice and seems doable just going by raw numbers. But $24k is 20% under MSRP and that's about the outermost range we see. The 15 to 20% off deals usually are offered on slow moving vehicles at the ends of the month or quarter or year.

The Rogue doesn't seem as popular as a CR-V but it's not a "dog" that dealers would usually work extra hard to clear off the lots. And I only see 29 SVs within 50 miles of your zip. Inventory links aren't all that reliable, but that's not encouraging for 20% off MSRP.

$25,000 to $25,500 plus TTL may be a more reasonable target, but you have time to test the market and find out just how low you can go. @chiku18 proved me wrong and hopefully you will too. Good luck!
  • Options
    Well I had two of the dealerships agree to 24k for a '16 SV with premium and sunroof packages and one that wants to throw in "doc, title, and dmv fee ( $316 in total ) on your choice of color."

Probably going to get something done tomorrow. I'll let you know what I end up at. Thanks for the information you provided, Stever.
  • Options
    Ended up at exactly 24k with the doc and title fee included. I'll have to pay taxes at the DMV, obviously. They also wrote me a check for my $350 disposition fee and will cover any other costs associated with returning my leased 2015 Lexus IS 350 F Sport (which is immaculate). Beginning to end, took a little under two hours to get it done.
  • Options
    Congrats, I think you did exceptionally well!
  • Options
    katiegrrlkatiegrrl Member Posts: 19
    edited December 2016
    Hi,
    After researching, pricing, and test driving a number of vehicles, we've come to believe a 2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD might be within our reach. Might. It's going to be a long reach.

I'm trying to figure out how to get the absolute best price possible. I'm in the 60640 zip code and I've sent out an email asking for their best OTD price. I sent the email to about 20 or so dealers in the area including Indiana and Wisconsin. I'm hoping for a dealership that needs a sale. I can close now. I'm pre-approved through my credit union. I need to get as close to $20,000 OTD as possible. $23,000 absolute max. That puts my payment at about $350 at my interest rate. That's my max.

I know I'm asking the world, but...I believe!
  • Options
    Even though you are preapproved, invite your dealer to beat your rate. Chances are they can. And dealers make money putting loan packages together so you may get a little bit better price by going that route.
  • Options
    That's exactly my plan. If they can beat our rate, 3.5, great. Maybe that's where they'll make their money. I'm actually thinking of trying to use it to get them to lower their OTD. Also, if they can bring the monthly down, there may be room on price.

Do you think I'm reaching too far? It's the end of the year, I'm hoping maybe somebody wants to sell me something.
  • Options
    In a normal month a dealer can pocket an extra $300 to $700 per car sold just for making their quota so who knows at year end. Go for it, maybe they'll figure out a way for it to work.
  • Options
    Thanks. I'll let you know!
  • Options
    burcakulugburcakulug Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2016
    Hi everyone! I am looking for 2016 Nissan Rouge AWD SV with Premium package. I am also considering to add fog lamps and retractable cargo cover. Depending on the additional price and availability, I might also consider adding auto-dimming inside mirror and remote start. The zip code is 21236. What do you think a very good OTD would be? Can you also please break down with and without auto-dim and remote start? I want to be able to tell the dealer that I will buy it right away if they give that price.

By the way, I am going to go for the 0% APR financing, so I might be only eligible for $500 manufacturer's cashback instead of $2500.

Thank you very much.