Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    edmu1edmu1 Member Posts: 3
    leoskee, is your pilot 4WD?
  • Options
    leoskeeleoskee Member Posts: 7
    Yes, it is 4WD.
  • Options
    tolmste23tolmste23 Member Posts: 1
    2010 EX 4WDFYI
    Just [picked up a 2010 EX 4WD for $30,150 (excluding tax/title/tag). I have been researching for over a month and looks like end of the month dealers are looking to unload some pilots (upstate NY). I had (2) other dealers that were willing to sell at invoice ($30,013), but decided to go through a dealership that was closer to where we live (about 30 miles closer). (worth the extra $137 for the convenience and service benfits)

Hope information is useful to anyone reading. I negotiated price online and over the phone with outside dealers (contacted 7) and then used quotes to get my price at the local dealership
  • Options
    vrmvrm Member Posts: 310
    Congrats on your purchase!

I am in Northern Virginia too. Can you provide the name & location of the dealership?
    I assume this was the lowest quote you got?

Thanks!
  • Options
    iphamipham Member Posts: 1
    I got an offer for 32000 + TTL for 2010 EX-L AWD in Nor Cal. Is that a good deal?
  • Options
    malmommalmom Member Posts: 1
    This is the deal that I was got on my 2010 Honda Pilot Touring 2WD- No RES in Georgia.. Not sure how great it was, but it didn't seem like I had much more room to budge.. I added the cross bars (list $250) and the all weather mats (list $200) to the original list price of something like $37,760.

Price $34,220 (including ad ons)
    freight $710
    trade- $4,100
    fees $630 (includes lemon law and title)
    tax $1,888
    Total $33,348
  • Options
    mms5mms5 Member Posts: 19
    Hi vrm,

I just got back from picking up my 2WD Touring no RES from Bill Page Honda in Falls Church. Jon and Esmerelda were great to work with. I am very happy with my decision. It felt great on the highway and I like the navigation system.

They weren't the lowest quote. The lowest quote came from Nick at S and S Honda in Bel Air MD. sandshonda.com His price was the best, but he was having trouble locating the colors (polished metal with black interior) that I wanted. I decided that the convenience of dealing in VA was worth something to me.

I also got 3.89% financing from Bank of America. I thought that was a great rate and Bill Page didn't beat it.

Now to try to sell my 2000 Odyssey with 147,000 miles this weekend!! Good luck.
  • Options
    mrpdxmrpdx Member Posts: 1
    Hey all,

The 2009 Pilot has low apr and dealer cash incentives right now (ending 11/02). Does anyone know if the 2010 Pilot might have similar incentives soon? In the absence of the 2010 Pilot incentives does it make sense to expect dealers to offer the 2009 Pilot low apr or dealer cash incentive on a 2010 Pilot?

For a 2010 Pilot 4WD Touring w/Nav is Invoice + Destination + DMV/TTL price easy to get (i.e. $35,706 + DMV/TTL)?

Many thanks!
  • Options
    You can see my earlier post about just buying a 2010 2WD Touring for 33,400 with an OTD Of 35,700. For mine CR said the bottom line for a 2WD touring was 34,933, so I got it for $1500 under the CR bottom line price. So, yes I think you might be able to get it for 35,706 (including destination) plus tax,tags, etc.

On CR for October, they show a dealer holdback of about $700 on the 2010 touring models.

I wonder if there will be any November incentives.

Good luck.
  • Options
    I just reread the thread and realized that I missed your post Tommytoo. The sales person that I got the Pilot from at Hudson Honda was Edgar. I did all of my negotiating over the phone but when it came time to finalize the deal Edgar was assigned to me. Their internet dept. is not like most others that I know of. They mostly screen possible customers and then a sales person closes the deal. This was a bit of a waste of time for me because I had to go over the same BS that I went over online. But in the end I got the vehicle that I wanted at the price that I wanted. No tricks or games involved.
  • Options
    edm111edm111 Member Posts: 11
    This is the Best deal I have seen in NJ area for 2010 AWD Honda Pilot EXL with RES.
    The last/best offer I got is 32900 + Tax and Title.

The RES costs $1,446
    Your deal is excellent. It will be 33125.75 with RES + Tax and Title.
  • Options
    Correct. $33,125.75 is what I paid for the vehicle plus TTL. I was happy with what I paid. They even discounted the price by $300 in order to get me to $36,100 OTD. Im sure that they could have gone lower but with the high demand for the Pilot and the lack of incentives there was nothing else I could have used to lower the price.

The only thing I can add to all of this is that the Pilot is an EXCELLENT vehicle. I have 3 kids under 2. I was able to easily fit 3 car seats in the middle row no problems what so ever. The only complaint that I have, and it might be because the leather has not been broken in, is that the rear seats do not fold flat. Also, the Pilot is very high. I am going to have the running boards installed because I have to jump into the vehicle when I get in. Im even thinking of having the suspension lowered a bit.

Hope this helps someone out there.
  • Options
    kjdsiderkjdsider Member Posts: 7
    Does anyone know what a lease return on a 07 pilot would be right now? I've been offered 24.5k(28k asking price) for a 07 ex-l certified, but this value is still approx 70%+ of the original msrp of the vehicle. I know its a lease return with 25k miles on it and its 3 years old.

At this point, is it just not worth it to go after a used pilot? I prefer the older looking model, but will getting the new pilot be a better deal?

Thanks for reading.
  • Options
    amaaamaa Member Posts: 8
    I have a 2007 Pilot and i am looking to sell it to get a honda odysee for my frown up family. I went to Tyson corner and they give me $22000 ?? which way low . Any idea how, where, to sell it ? how much its worth. It has leather, sunroof and CD. No dvd, nor Navigation
  • Options
    If that's what you're getting offered, then I guess the 24.5k they offered me was around a 2k profit. KBB is listing very high differences between retail and trade-in. Even the dealers arent listing at retail, so KBB is defintely off.
  • Options
    ante71ante71 Member Posts: 7
    Hey guys, Do you think it's a good deal or Is it worth it If I get my Bnew Pilot EX-L a 5 year/60,000 miles maintenance Plan for $2,000? It includes Regularly scheduled factory recommended services, Oil and filter changes every 3,750 miles and 1 detail per year? Please need your opinion.

Thanks.
  • Options
    lufacalufaca Member Posts: 31
    NO. I bet you can get that maintenance paying every time for far less than 5K. Honda has a sensor in the engine that let you know when that oil change should take place and it think it is above the 5000 miles. If you want to buy an insurance policy to increase the warranty life to 7 years and 70K miles I would go with the company through the financing company, you basically get the same coverage offered by the dealership at a faction of the price. ( Probably the same policy ).

Now days Dealership try to nickel and dime you after you buy the car with accessories and warranty policies. My advice buy them after you made that deal.

Good luck
  • Options
    mirrodie1mirrodie1 Member Posts: 25
    Have a look at www.carbuyingtips.com. THere is a section about how to buy an extended warranty.

It does state you can do better by getting a warranty yourself online. Look at the site and get a quote and decide from there.

And let us know what you end up doing.
  • Options
    amaaamaa Member Posts: 8
    Thanks !
  • Options
    2002mark2002mark Member Posts: 2
    hi,
    this is mark, i am intresting your deal, that it realy realy best deal.
    can you tell me that one is 4wd or 2wd, what is the dealer's name and whatis the state?
    thank you so much.
  • Options
    dhomsedhomse Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I am new to buying New car and came across this awesome forums which gives better insight in process of buying a car.

I am planning to buy Honda Pilot 2010 Lx/Ex Model in CA.

Invoice Price for LX: $25949.00

How and what price should I start for negotiation?

Any help is Appreciated.

Thanks
    Dhomse
  • Options
    ante71ante71 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks to all your replies, the financing officer looked unhappy when he wasn't able to sell me anything. By the way, to those who bought a Pilot 2010, do you know what are those accessories that should be included. Do you know if a CARGO NET should be included in the car? I think I read it in a brochure but I'm not really sure, please enlighten me before I call them. By the way, mine is EX-L.

Thank you very much.
  • Options
    tj2010tj2010 Member Posts: 4
    I am currently considering an offer from a Honda dealer in Richmond VA for a 2010 Honda Pilot LX 2WD (base model). The invoice price is $25,992 (with destination charge) and the current out of the door price from the Richmond VA dealer is $26,675. This is so far the best offer I have got. Is this a good offer? I don’t mind waiting till the end of the month. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Tobin
  • Options
    I am currently considering an offer from a Honda dealer in Richmond VA for a 2010 Honda Pilot LX 2WD (base model). The invoice price is $25,992 (with destination charge) and the current out of the door price from the Richmond VA dealer is $26,675. This is so far the best offer I have got. Is this a good offer? I don’t mind waiting till the end of the month. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Tobin
  • Options
    Tobin,

I inquired here in Livermore, CA, The price quoted was $25,773 including destination charges. + Tax and lic.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Nilesh
  • Options
    Dhomse,

I looked up Consumer Reports pricing and I came up with $25,434 as the bottom line price for the LX and $27,952 for the EX. These are both for 2WD. Consumer Reports took off about $500 for a dealer holdback which probably explains the difference between the $25,949 and the $25,434 that they came up with. Make sure you are comparing out the door prices too. A deal that sounds great on the car can become not so great if lots of extras are added on.

E-mail a bunch of dealers with exactly what you want and see who comes up with the lowest price. Then, take that lowest price to all dealers again and see if anyone can beat it. If dealers are passing on beating the lowest price, you probably have a good deal.

I just bought a 2WD 2010 Touring for 33,400 and Out the door for 35,700. That was lower than Consumer Reports bottom line price, so there is probably room for more negotiation.

Good luck with your search.
  • Options
    Nilesh,
    2010 Hoda Piolt LX 2WD for 25,773 OTD price sounds great. Did you get this price after lots of bargaining? When did you get this quote, at the end of the month? I have heard they offer better deals at the end of the month.

Thanks
    Tobin
  • Options
    byufanbyufan Member Posts: 1
    ante71,

No the cargo net is not included in the EX-L. You should have received floor mats for the first 2 rows but not the third. If you got the RES then you should have received 2 wireless head sets. Other than that not much for the EX-L. The Touring model comes with the Cargo Net, 3rd row floor mat, Trailer Harness , a storage unit under the passenger seat, and integrated sunshades for the second row. Just off the top of my head :)
  • Options
    dkieu2010dkieu2010 Member Posts: 1
    Which dealer in CA did you bought your 2010 Touring from?
    I am also looking to purchase a similar vehicle ,but so far all offers are way higher
    than what you paid for.
  • Options
    I'm guessing your touring wasn't from CA since your out the door price doesnt have that huge tax charge we get over here ... sigh.

Anyways mms5, can you give me the Consumer Reports pricing for the 4wd version of the cars from Ex to Touring. Much appreciated, Thanks.
  • Options
    twin22twin22 Member Posts: 8
    I am planning on buying at the end of this month and was wondering what is the best OTD price in south floirda? The best price i got so far has been $31,500 OTD.
    Has anyone had any better quotes?

thanks
  • Options
    whats the breakdown of that 31.5 OTD. what was your base price and tax rate?
  • Options
    twin22twin22 Member Posts: 8
    MSRP $ 30,745.00
    Total discount $ 2,888.00
    INVOICE $ 27,857.00
    Predelivery Inspection $ -
    HB1 $ -
    HB2 $ -
    Discount $ -
    Selling price $ 27,857.00
    Destination Fee $ 710.00
    Trade Value
    Pay off
    Subtotal $ 28,567.00
    Dealer Fee $ 599.95
    Subtotal $ 29,166.95
    Miami Dade surcharge $ 50.00
    Florida Waste and tire……. $ 8.50
    Tax 6% $ 1,750.02
    Registration estitmate $ 220.00
    Total $ 31,195.47
  • Options
    Tobin,

I am sorry for misunderstanding, but the Price $25733 is not OTD, its the base price without Tax and lic.

I got it last week. Still researching.

Thanks
    Nilesh
  • Options
    Hi, I got my 2WD Touring in Virginia. Sorry!

Here is the bottom line pricing from Consumer Reports. I haven't seen what November incentives there might be, so make sure there aren't any before you go by these prices. These prices include the dealer holdback that is anywhere from $600 -$805 for the Touring with RES. Also note that it is possible to go below bottom line pricing.
    2010 4WD EX- $29, 366
    EXL- $32,105
    EXL RES- $33,519
    Touring- $34,933
    Touring RES- $36,347
  • Options
    luvthosehondasluvthosehondas Member Posts: 5
    I am looking to buy a 2010 Honda Pilot 4WD Touring model and wonder if anyone out there has any advice as to deals in the Annapolis, Baltimore, or DC areas? A relative in Raleigh forwarded me an email saying they are offering 1.9% financing there, but the Honda website says that it is not offered in this area. Could it be coming?

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    watson524watson524 Member Posts: 10
    I was looking at Pilots at a dealer in North East PA yesterday and they told me until the end of the year, there's 1.9% for 36 months or 2.9% for 60 months.
  • Options
    lostinmazelostinmaze Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to buy a Honda Pilot 2010 or 2009 4WD Touring w/Navi. Which dealer has the best price? And anybody has a recent buying experience?
  • Options
    Hi, I just bought a 2010 2WD Touring in VA because of proximity to where I live, but the best deal I could find was Nick at www.sandshonda.com in Bel Air MD. His prices were amazing!
  • Options
    bgaskillbgaskill Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Could you tell me which dealership has the low interest incentive.
    thanks .

Bob
  • Options
    fib77fib77 Member Posts: 10
    Hello mms5

You mentioned that Nicks price was amazing than what you paid for at the VA dealership. What was the price quoted by Nick--with break up. If you could post it it could be really helpful. Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi Fib77,

Nick's auto price on a 4WD Touring was 34,423. His price on a 2WD Touring was 32,823. I didn't do a final breakdown of taxes, tags, and fees, but did check his fees and the dealer fees were lower than Bill Page, where I bought.

Consumer Reports Bottom Line Price on the 4WD Touring was $34,933 when I bought two weeks ago. So, he was coming in $500 less than that. Edmunds lists $36,929 as TMV and TrueCar lists anything less than 35,969 as a great deal.

I got 3.89% financing through Bank of America.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I am loving my Pilot!!
  • Options
    nc_carfindernc_carfinder Member Posts: 8
    mms5,

Does bottom line pricing include destination?

Looking for a 4WD Touring in NC. I have contacted a few dealers and their quotes are much higher than what I see here.
  • Options
    jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    Few dealers are going to give you a competitive quote on the phone. Email is iffy too. If you have a price you have researched and feel is reasonable -- go to the dealer pre-approved for the loan and make an offer to buy. If they say no, go home and visit another one the next day. Arrange to meet with the internet sales staff. Before you leave the dealership ask to see the mgr and make sure he knows you were ready to buy at that price before you walk. End of the month is the best time to deal.
  • Options
    fib77fib77 Member Posts: 10
    Thanks for the reply. Did Nick have the Pilot you wanted in stock or was he just giving you the quote to get you to the dealership. Thanks.
  • Options
    pilot_luverpilot_luver Member Posts: 30
    I am looking for 1.9% financing in PA. Does anyone know of any dealers? Any help appreciated.

Also, can anyone tell me the consumerreports bottomline pricing for a Pilot 4WD Touring with RES and NAV (The works).
    Thanks
  • Options
    nc_carfindernc_carfinder Member Posts: 8
    My lowest quote for 2010 4wd Touring with RES for $37, 200 + TTL, without RES $35, 700 + TTL.

What do you all think of these quotes? Still trying to decide if RES is worth to extra $1500.
  • Options
    jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    The res is worth it if you really use it a lot. There are aftermarket res units that you could research and see if they would meet your needs at a lower price.
  • Options
    pilot_luverpilot_luver Member Posts: 30
    Looks like Honda has new rates all the way to 1/4/2010. This is for the AHFC preferred tier.
    1.9% APR for 36 months on ALL models
    2.9% APR for 60 months on ALL models
  • Options
    kingfans1kingfans1 Member Posts: 137
    i don't know new rate apply to pilot.. i check out honda website, there are no special APR for Honda pilot in California and Nevada... so pilot_luver please confirm how you get that information.