Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    pilot_luverpilot_luver Member Posts: 30
    Thats interesting. Its supposed to be nationwide, but its currently active all over the northeast. This is by far the best I've seen for all hondas... now is the time to buy!
  • Options
    kingfans1kingfans1 Member Posts: 137
    Yes I woud like to buy a 2010 pilot EX 4wd... Just waiting for the special APR from Honda.
  • Options
    mms5mms5 Member Posts: 19
    Hi NC Carfinder,

No, the Consumer Reports bottom line pricing doesn't include destination. My out the door price on the 2wd touring was 35,700 including all weather mats, tax, tags, and destination.

I just read an article about the day after Thanksgiving being the best day to buy a car.
  • Options
    Hi Fib77, No, Nick didn't have the exact one I wanted on the lot, but he probably could have gotten it easily. Bill Page ended up transferring the car from Criswell in MD. Nick was very up front about what he had on the lot. He seemed to have a lot of 4wd Tourings and I wanted a 2WD without RES.
  • Options
    I just read an article about the day after Thanksgiving being the best day to buy a car. Don't know if that is true, but I thought I would put it out there. I think the article was from truecar.com. Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    jayriderjayrider Member Posts: 3,602
    It's true -- huge lines outside all the dealerships waiting for the stampede bell to ring and the doors to open. ;) Christmas eve and new years eve offer promise as well.
  • Options
    tj2010tj2010 Member Posts: 4
    I got the 2010 Honda Pilot LX 2WD from Pohanka Honda last Saturday.It was a great deal. The OTD price including tax,destination charges was 26000. I would recommend Pohanka Honda (VA) to anyone looking for a new Honda. You can not beat their price. Good luck to you all.

Regards
    Tobin
  • Options
    I have received a quote for 34,361 for the 2010 Pilot 4WD EX-L w/RES with an OTD price of 36,642 (tax title and tags). I live in the south central PA market. Is this a good price, or should I try some placed in NJ or MD? What are the implications of buying a car there and driving it to PA to get it registered?
    Any help appreciated.
  • Options
    Consumer Reports lists their bottom line price as $33,519 for the 4wd EXL with RES. That price doesn't include destination. So, if your price of $34,361 includes destination that is pretty close.

The bottom line on the 4wd touring without RES is 34,900 and with RES 36,347.

I was looking at the EXL too and then realized that I could get a touring without RES for almost the same price. I am happy with the touring features including ipod hookup, navigation, navigation screen which makes it easy to see ipod menu, and power tailgate. We have the individual dvd players for our three daughters which work well for us and allows them to watch different movies if they want to.

Not that you were asking my opinions on models, but thought I would share since I hadn't realized that they were really pretty close in price.
  • Options
    I was originally looking at the Touring without RES as well. However, I realized that my $100 GPS is much better than the Honda GPS. I agree that the Ipod features are definitely worth it. The only reason I am getting the RES is because of the upgrade in the sound system. I really do appreciate your opinion and agree with you.
  • Options
    nc_carfindernc_carfinder Member Posts: 8
    How do you know the quality of the HOnda GPS?
  • Options
    tutttutt Member Posts: 11
    Hi: Cubrain
    Did you make a deal on 2010 Pilot EXL in Dallas area?
    Thanks
    Tutt
  • Options
    Shouldn't speak for pilot but I will. Probable meant better value and it's portable. I would love to know the profit margin on factory gps. The garmins/tomtom's keep getting better AND cheaper. Doesn't seem to be doing that for factory nav.
  • Options
    I would agree with jayrider. The cost of the GPS is not worth it given the current quality of garmins and tomtoms and what not. My GPS has everything including spoken street names and bluetooth and all, and all for $200 only. Plus its portable.

The honda GPS you'll have to buy a DVD each year for $100 from honda. It does not speak street names. The interface is'nt that intuitive.
    Just my 2 cents
  • Options
    Just walked out of the showroom after signing for a Honda Pilot EX-L 4WD with RES. Car price was $33,745 including destination. OTD price was $36,000. This is the south central pennsylvania market so if anyone needs to know where I got it from, let me know. I think its a good deal... one of the main dealers refused to match the price and was actually $700 above the OTD price I got.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    nc_carfindernc_carfinder Member Posts: 8
    WOW! Doesn't speak street names, that's HUGE! Deal breaker for me. That along with the $100 DVD. So the $100 means you are just updating the program correct? The GPS will work for years if you are happy with the factory installed program?

Thanks so much for the info.
  • Options
    Actually, the $100 dvd is for updated maps. You cannot use a cracked DVD for this purpose because they are proprietary. Furthermore, the routing does'nt seem to be that great.. you can probably get a new garmin this thanksgiving with everything that you're looking for.
    Let me know if you have anything else I can help you with.
  • Options
    wildkid00wildkid00 Member Posts: 1
    2010 LX AWD 26694 + tax, tag title = 28585- OTD
  • Options
    blackexv6blackexv6 Member Posts: 503
    What state are you in? Did you get the special financing also? That's almost $750 under invoice! Are you sure it's 4WD?
  • Options
    cubraincubrain Member Posts: 11
    Hi Tutt,

Yes, I picked up the Pilot EX-L Wednesday night. Got it for $34,400 OTD and 2.9 financing. If my math is correct, this is + or - $500 over invoice. Could not get a better deal anywhere else. Hope I didn't pay too much.

I got it at Lute Riley Honda in Richardson. I can give you the salesman name if you want.
  • Options
    Hi Cubrain:
    I just got a quote from another dealer around $33750 for OTD, the issue is the dealer did not have the right color in stock, he told me I have to put $250 deposit and can get the car next day. I am not quite sure of this(deposit) so did not go further after that.

Thanks for your infomation, did your car have some dealer added accessaries.

Tutt
  • Options
    Hi Tutt,

Did you mean $33750 before taxes? $33,750 OTD is low with TTL.
  • Options
    Cubrain:
    The saleman said $33750 is everything including TTL for 2010 EXL Pilot 2DR, the added accessary is only tint window. That is why I am asking the added accesary in your car. Like I said they want me to put deposit which is what I do not like to do.

Thanks
    Tutt
  • Options
    cubraincubrain Member Posts: 11
    Hi Tutt,

That's hell of a deal if you can get it for $33750 OTD. The options I had on the car are:
    1 - the hand painted pinstripes
    2 - wheellocks
    3 - bluetooth
    4 - forgot the 4th options

This sucks. Now I feel like I got ripped off.

Good luck on your purchase.

Cubrain
  • Options
    After you have bought your ride, do yourself a favor and never check online to see how you did. Nothing to gain.
  • Options
    I agree. I just bought all season mats and am looking at running boards online. Does anyone know if they are easy to install?
  • Options
    raj4pilotraj4pilot Member Posts: 1
    Any one bought Pilot with Nav and RES in Orange and LA county recently. I like to know how much did you pay.

I am researching now for one to but before end of the year. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • Options
    bheem1bheem1 Member Posts: 5
    hello, fyi...i purchased an 2010 LX 2wd (the very base model) for $27825 in houston tx
  • Options
    ypilotypilot Member Posts: 1
    Hi there,

I am also looking for the same thing you are in Ventura, LA, and Orange County. If you get any information please let me know. So far the invoice price has been around 38K but I am going to check into the Triple A and Sams Club prices too. I am looking to buy by next summer.
  • Options
    dman72dman72 Member Posts: 19
    $35,700 paid outside of Boston. No haggling at all- they agreed immediately.
  • Options
    muwarriorsmuwarriors Member Posts: 4
    I first wanted to thank all those folks on this site and TrueCars.com. Very valuable information.

I bought a new 2010 Honda Pilot EX-L with RES today for $33288 before taxes and office charges.

I did this through their Internet sales office and financed it for 60 months at 2.9% (they just started those financial terms....1.9% at 36 months was also available).

Buena Park Honda is where I went. They had very little inventory but were able to locate the car from another dealer.

Pleasurable experience. Salesman's name was Erickson.
  • Options
    oddvanoddvan Member Posts: 2
    how does it sound? High or low for WA state?

basic EX 4WD @ 500 over, plus T&L

I had felt I would get a better offer but after mailing around so far this is it? r
  • Options
    young_223young_223 Member Posts: 1
    Unbelievable. which state? The lowest I can get for LX 4wd in WA is about 27500(including destination fee).
  • Options
    mjjackson5mjjackson5 Member Posts: 1
    Guess I paid to much. Just bought a 2010 Honda Pilot EX-L without RES for 34,000 before taxes and office charges.

You got a great deal and I got ripped off it seems.... This was in Nassau County NY at Honda City....
  • Options
    kristytkristyt Member Posts: 10
    How much would I expect to pay on a 2010 Honda Pilot EXL out the door in Colorado?
  • Options
    Try Truecar.com and put in your zip code, etc and it will give you an idea
  • Options
    i paid $34,648 before taxes, fee for 2010 honda pilot ex-l 4wd.. muwarriors is your pilot 2wd or 4wd?
  • Options
    Mine was a 2WD
  • Options
    i think you paid too much for your 2010 pilot ex-l 2wd.. i am sure you can buy it for $33,000 plus tax & fee...
  • Options
    Perhaps I did pay too much, but from I could gather on Edmunds and Truecar.com, looks like we did ok. You do realize I bought the one with RES, correct? If I didn't get the RES, I had the regular EX-L without RES down to 31.8K, but we decided because of the kids to get the RES version which added about $1,500.
  • Options
    lilbthlilbth Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone been able to get these at dealer invoice or lower. I just purchased an EX 4WD for invoice. I had a trade so out the door total price including taxes/doc fess was $30829. Was that a good deal or could I have done better?
  • Options
    lufacalufaca Member Posts: 31
    It really depends on what your trade-in was worth it. This is the reason to work out a deal without a trade-in and then you really know what they are paying you for the trade. Next time negotiate without mentioning the trade.... :(
  • Options
    brad627brad627 Member Posts: 10
    Ive had my 2010 2wd pilot no RES now since July 18 and absolutely love it. I paid 35,544 out the door.
  • Options
    lilbthlilbth Member Posts: 4
    I negotiated the price of the new Pilot before I mentioned the trade. I traded a 2007 Honda Pilot 4WD EX with 49,920 miles. They gave me 18,925. I just replaced the front and rear brake pads myself so that cost about $44.00. They did take that into account. I think I got a fair trade. What do you think?
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is looking to speak to a consumer who purchased on Honda because of its strong resale value (or ability to hold on to its value). Please send your daytime phone number and the car you purchased to ctalati@edmunds.com by Wednesday, December 2, 2009.

Thanks,
    Chintan
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    Invoice pricing on a 4WD Pilot EX is good. I just bought mine for invoice at Piazza Honda in Reading, PA. There was an ad in the Philadelphia Inquirer from Main Line Honda with all the model pricing. The '10 Pilot EX was on sale for $32,200. I tried 3 dealers: Piazza Reading, Piazza Pottstown, and Conicelli. Reading Honda was the most friendly and easiest to work with. If you want a great sales person at Reading Honda see Frank Franco he is absolutely the best.
  • Options
    ednemednem Member Posts: 7
    Blackexv6, is that on the road price? What is the sale price before tax. Or can you just break down in details.
  • Options
    jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    I would not be proud to mention the amount for the trade you received.
  • Options
    mcmjr77mcmjr77 Member Posts: 5
    I did the paperwork tonight. 2 dealerships near me were sold out of Touring and the one I went to Brewster, NY only had 1 (White w/ Gray). I paid $36,006 (they claim $300 over invoice). 2.9% APR for 60 months. I didn't want that color combo so they are going to swap with one in NJ for me. Did I get a good deal?