Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    pilot2012_exlpilot2012_exl Member Posts: 8
    what was the final sale price including dest before TTL? which state?
  • Options
    donvpdonvp Member Posts: 6
    Just got another offer from a different dealer, OTD=$34,105.00 for 2012 EXL that also includes Tint, Stripe, Wheel Locks, Splash Guards, Trunk Matt, Door Edge Guards, Cup Handle Protector, and Rear Bumper Appliqué. What you all think? I plan on proceeding with this deal.
  • Options
    dfwpilotsearchdfwpilotsearch Member Posts: 5
    I'm also in DFW - what dealership quoted you that price? $34,105 sounds great! Did you decide against NAV? I'm debating between the EX-L and Touring...big difference in price though. And very few dealers seem to have the Touring. Thanks -and good luck!
  • Options
    I got the offer from Bankston Honda in Lewisville. I like the NAV, I just don't want to pay another 2k for it.
  • Options
    jbloggsjbloggs Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2011
    I now have a quote of $33,100 +TTL/Fees which comes to $35,931 OTD for 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L with Navigation. How is this price?
  • Options
    brwndoggybrwndoggy Member Posts: 41
    edited October 2011
    can you provide the dealer in Dallas? Only seeing 1-2k off msrp here in Austin.

what's the most off msrp for a 2wd exl or exl with nav seen so far?
  • Options
    Excellent, that's about 4k off MSRP for just released truck. What dealer/city are you working with?
  • Options
    pilot2012_exlpilot2012_exl Member Posts: 8
    Is that for 2wd or 4wd? and which area you'r shopping?
  • Options
    The Dealer is Mike Patton Honda (That is the name of the dealership, not name of salesman who was actually a female) of LaGrange, GA.

Pilot2012, the info I have given is for 2WD
  • Options
    Just bought a 2012 FWD EXL for 35.5k OTD include Tint, Paint & Leather Protection, Cargo Tray, Edge Moldings, Splash Guards, Wheel Locks, Pinstripe, Side Steps, Roof Rails & Cross Bars, Remote Start.
    Got 1.9% finance for 60mos.
    The dealer is Rusty Wallis Honda in Dallas
    I think I got a great deal. and I hope the above info can help someone.
  • Options
    mr_suvmr_suv Member Posts: 4
    was this for a 2wd or 4wd?
    I have an offer for $30,500 for EX-4wd (2011).
  • Options
    mickq6mickq6 Member Posts: 1
    Was looking for a 2012 EX-L w/Nav 4WD and was getting prices for around $38,600 out the door. Today we came across a 2011 Touring 4WD for 39,200 out the door with .09% financing for 5 years. I know all about the changes for the 2012 year. My thoughts are: My wife will drive the car for 5 or more years (driving our current suv for 10 years), the Touring has a few extra nice features than the EX-L (RES, roof racks, parking sensors, memory seats, blinkers in side mirrors). Losing the hard drive that the 2012 has but do you need that with everyone having ipods? 2011 front grill is ugly.....any thoughts? Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    antons911antons911 Member Posts: 66
    Spend all day at dealerships today in SoCal looking for EXL 4wd in gray/gray. There are none, very disappointing. My wife keeps thinking may be we don't really need 4wd, but I can't make up my mind. Its more of "what if" thing I guess.
    Price wise, looks like dears are willing to sell at invoice.
  • Options
    ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    what is the selling price and tax rate ?
  • Options
    torc417torc417 Member Posts: 1
    MickG6, what was the sales price of the vehicle before taxes, etc? What state are you in? Got an offer for $37.5K out the door in Dayton, OH area for a EX-L w/NAV 4WD and am wondering if I can do better? Thoughts anyone?
  • Options
    darkfudge07darkfudge07 Member Posts: 18
    edited October 2011
    Folks I THOUGHT I was getting a VERY GOOD Deal until I read the other charges...would someone care to look at this and tell me if they could or did do better in their searches?.....Im in NJ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- - - -------
    Thank you for your responses. Just got email. On the Honda Pilot 4WD EX-L with Navigation.

Price is $35,900.00 Inculeds destination. Not taxes or fees.
    Tax rought estimate is $2,513.00
    Dmv Fees $399.00
    Doc Fees $279.00
    Tire tax fee: $7.50
    Total Price : $39,098.50

So now my question is...has anyone done better Out the Door?...and does this constitute, OTD? If I decide to finance....what do I need to consider ON TOP of that PRICE?

Also may I ask many of you that are throwing quotes out here all over the place to please...please specify the details a little better? For example, many of these quotes Im reading DONT mention if its 4WD or 2WD and thats a HUUUUUUUUGE difference in interpreting a good deal from an average one. Details are nice

thanks!
  • Options
    I already posted this information last week, but I'll mention it again. I got a quote from Mike Patton Honda of Lagrange, GA for 2012 Honda Pilot 2WD EX-L with Navigation for $33,100 +TTL/Fees which comes to $35,931 OTD.

So in my opinion ~$3000 more for 4WD is not a good deal.
  • Options
    tchautchau Member Posts: 2
    Hi Mike and other Honda Pilot potential buyers:

Mike was correct. Honda of Santa Monica really gave me a good deal on Honday 2011 Pilot FWD, Touring. The Upfront price for this car was 33699, around 2k below invoice and 6k below MSRP.

I paid another $580 more to get my premium running board (step board) installed, wheel locks and Cargo mat.

I had been researched for a good price for 2 months. I got all kinds of different quotes from car dealership at the Bay Area such as (Anderson, Capitol, Gilroy, .etc), but no one was able to give me a price as closed as Honda of Santa Monica.

I decided to fly down there on Oct 9, ($130 fly ticket, 1 way) from San Jose to Los Angeles. MY friend dropped me off at the dealer. I spend around less than 30 min to get the car I wanted (it was the last one for 2011 Pilot Touring), and 6 hrs to get the service (installation).
    The saleman name is Ryan (He told me that it is ok to give his name out), he dropped me out at downtown of Santa Monica for me to shop around while my car in service for running board installation.

Finally, I drove my new car back to Morgan Hill on the same day.
    So far, I have no regret about the deal I got from this dealer. The sale team seems very friendly even after I decided to buy any extra warranty as they offered.

Good luck to all Pilot potential buyers,
    Paul
  • Options
    ab10000ab10000 Member Posts: 127
    I think your deal is not good. You should target Invoice, there is at least $300 hold back on 2012, also docs fee is BS.
  • Options
    looking4_pilotlooking4_pilot Member Posts: 2
    Hello All,

I have been looking for 2012 AWD EX-L PILOT.One of best quote i got so far is $35000 OTD (I am from SC, so tax is $300 only), which includes some extras like side running boards, roof rack rails, door edge gaurds. should i accept this offer ?

ANy advice is appreciated.

Thanks
    :lemon:
  • Options
    you should be able to get 2k off of msrp. check out carsdirect who will give you a lead.

There is also some 'funny money' if you finance (dealer has $250 coupons they can give you as down payment which is real downpayment as it takes off principal). Rates are .9 for up to 36 months and 1.9 for over 36.
  • Options
    bestdealpleasebestdealplease Member Posts: 9
    edited October 2011
    I got a quote for 2011 Pilot touring 2WD $34,190. This does not include Tax and title/tag fees.

Is this good.
  • Options
    ekcekc Member Posts: 32
    Need some advice here:
    I live in Houston and want to get a 4WD EXL. Unfortunately, the choices are puny.
    Locally, I got an offer from Russell & Smith Honda for a EX (NOT EXL) for $30700. The salesperson said he just don't see that many 4WD here in this part of TX so he is not motivated to lower much more.
    I tried looking at Edmunds inventory link and there aren't all that many 4WD in Texas, period.
    So should I wait or just go with an EX? How is $30700 for a basic EX?
    Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    newpilot2012newpilot2012 Member Posts: 2
    Just bought 2012 Pilot EX-L FWD For $32,250.00.
  • Options
    with or without taxes? What dealer/city?

Thanks.
  • Options
    Sorry..that deal was never honored...when I call to confirm it, they said that vehicle is already sold..

Right now the best deal I am getting for a 2012 Pilot Touring 2WD is ~36600+Tax+Title+Fees
  • Options
    Could anybody advice, whether it is a good idea to wait until Thanksgiving for buying a Honda Pilot 2012. I heard on thanksgiving day usually prices are less. Is this true..?
  • Options
    newpilot2012newpilot2012 Member Posts: 2
    That was before Title _ Taxes. Bartlesville Honda in OK.
  • Options
    rajan610rajan610 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Just bought 2012 pilot EXL 4 wheel drive (no navigation or RES) in NJ

36400 out the door (including taxes, motor vehicle registration 5 years, and all other fees included, I e destination charge, tire fee, documentation fees)

Price before all fees and taxes was 33500
  • Options
    auto33auto33 Member Posts: 5
    I just received an offer for EX 4WD for $31,967(OTD) price. Any suggestions if it's a good deal? thanks.
  • Options
    auto33auto33 Member Posts: 5
    BTW ITS A 2012 EX 4WD.
  • Options
    ekcekc Member Posts: 32
    Hi:
    Is there a $500 incentive when financing a Pilot with Honda Financials?
    I talked to a saleperson at GUN Honda and that what I was told that he would take $500 off when financing.
    Thx in advance!
  • Options
    rialiriali Member Posts: 7
    It will be helpful to post your price before tax in addition to OTD price.
    OTD price can vary due to different tax rates etc.
  • Options
    civictorycivictory Member Posts: 73
    You need to post the price before taxes, doc fees, add-ons, etc. Due to differences in regional taxes, etc., few people outside of your geographical area will know if your OTD price is a good one or not.
  • Options
    Honda Pilot 2012 Touring 2WD for 37K including destination. Tax+tag+dealer fee separate. Good deal..?
  • Options
    jguedryjguedry Member Posts: 3
    Auto33 could you tell me where that dealership is, name please can email me to Jguedry23
    @gmail.com
    Thanx
  • Options
    antons911antons911 Member Posts: 66
    Bought Honda Pilot 2012 EXL 4x4 in South California for 33606 + Tax, license, etc.
    36652 out the door.
  • Options
    jordanko1jordanko1 Member Posts: 2
    Picked up a 2012 Touring 4WD with all season mats, cargo mat, and wheel locks in WA state for 38350 + TTL.
  • Options
    k folks here is my latest price quotes...BEAT EM if you can!!

I have Penske Honda ( Nanuet Honda in NJ) owned by Penske offering me

a 2012 PILOT EX-L 4W for

36mos and 15,000 miles a year....(YES 15,000)

for a SIGN and DRIVE. Absolutely ZERO down and out of pocket and

35 more monthly payments of $410 (yes $410 that INCLUDES my NJ taxes!)

In exchange for this deal, they are taking my returned lease of a 2009 Pilot EX-L 4WD. My 36 months payments are all complete as of November and there is a residual value of $18,200 left on the return.

Beat it if you can folks....I worked hard negotiating this one. Im exhausted!
  • Options
    k folks here is my latest price quotes...BEAT EM if you can!!

I have Penske Honda ( Nanuet Honda in NJ) owned by Penske offering me

a 2012 PILOT EX-L 4W for

36mos and 15,000 miles a year....(YES 15,000)

for a SIGN and DRIVE. Absolutely ZERO down and out of pocket and

35 more monthly payments of $410 (yes $410 that INCLUDES my NJ taxes!)

In exchange for this deal, they are taking my returned lease of a 2009 Pilot EX-L 4WD. My 36 months payments are all complete as of November and there is a residual value of $18,200 left on the return.

Beat it if you can folks....I worked hard negotiating this one. Im exhausted!
  • Options
    akrishnakrishn Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2011
    I am planning to finalizing the deal

Price: 36000
    D&H: 810
    +Tax and Other fees
    OTD: 40000

Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    looking4_pilotlooking4_pilot Member Posts: 2
    :mad: You are paying 2 - 3 grand more buddy !!
  • Options
    akrishnakrishn Member Posts: 9
    This is a 2012 AWD and not 2WD. Am I still paying more. This is w/NAV and RES (Touring). How much should I be paying then?
  • Options
    r u sure...that is too much...but my search did not show 34-35K for 2012 Pilot 2WD in this thread....did I miss anything...
  • Options
    This one is really good compared to mine
  • Options
    nj550inj550i Member Posts: 20
    akrishn,

Once you finalized your deal, can you let me know which dealership gave you the offer of $36,000 for a 2012 Touring (4wd). The lowest I received so far in NJ is $38,200. Was there any Honda money involved with your offer. Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    raphael0106raphael0106 Member Posts: 7
    what dealership..looking to buy pilot exl no dvd..thank you
  • Options
    jordanko1jordanko1 Member Posts: 2
    West Hills Honda in Bremerton. They can find a Pilot to fit your specs.
  • Options
    piloteer1piloteer1 Member Posts: 1
    antons911, can you tell me name of your dealer and contact? I'm looking for same exact car in same area. thanks.
  • Options
    Could someone tell their buying price of a 2012 pilot touring 2WD. The best quote for me is close to 37K including destination. Tax+Tag+fee separate.