Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    emmylou81emmylou81 Member Posts: 10
    Tat sounds like a good price from the quotes I have been getting in Texas... What dealership gave you that deal?
  • Options
    haydellameliahaydellamelia Member Posts: 23
    Wow!! That sounds like a phenomenal deal!!! I tried for running boards to no avail. How in the heck did you get it so low? What was your trade in? Did you put money down??
  • Options
    peanut556peanut556 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Just wondering if anybody found a great deal in Mass. for a 2012 EX-L 4wd? Best we found is $33,200 before TT&R but then getting low-ball for the trade.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    queens207tlqueens207tl Member Posts: 35
    Have you tried Weymouth Honda? They advertise the EX-L for 33,060 which includes destination. I'm not from that area but they seem to have great prices and also in MA.
  • Options
    Is this incentive only for financing or does it apply to leases? Carman, do you have any information regarding this incentive/rebate? Thanks
  • Options
    irishrover3irishrover3 Member Posts: 10
    I am Houston, TX based and seeking the best otd price on an EX-L or EX-L FWD

I am location flexible as I know I can ship the car (if net price is best).

Please advise on best recent deals + recent Honda dealer incentive programs.

Thanks much!
  • Options
    civictorycivictory Member Posts: 73
    Emmylou81,

If you're open to the idea of purchasing in Dallas/Fort Worth, you might take a look at some of my previous posts. We purchased a 2011 Pilot last spring. I tried to give a reasonably detailed rundown of my experiences at that time with various Honda dealerships in the DFW area. Of course, it's somewhat dated information now; so I don't know how helpful it would be. Just a thought as you continue your research...
  • Options
    mikefincamikefinca Member Posts: 1
    Hi, your Touring you got for $36,000--is that 2WD or 4WD?
  • Options
    peanut556peanut556 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks so much! Will def. check them out!
  • Options
    gocowboys13gocowboys13 Member Posts: 18
    This is a great deal, does the purchse price include dest or not? I'm in the market for the same car and your deal is the best I have seen so far for a 2012 EXL RES, AWD.

Thanks
  • Options
    That seems like a great deal! Where are you located and what dealership? Also, what did you trade in? How much equity did you receive from the trade?
  • Options
    Your welcome. Let me how it goes. They seem like a straight up dealer as they advertise their prices on line.
  • Options
    emmylou81emmylou81 Member Posts: 10
    Yeah we are looking in DFW area along with Houston and so far the best price we have gotten is 33890 drive out with all fees in houston ... Exl no nav or res fwd ,... Thinking we can maybe drop it down to 33500 but we will see:)
  • Options
    kwalowkwalow Member Posts: 2
    Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I'm new to this forum and would like to get some feedback on a offer. I'm in the market to purchase a new 2012 Pilot 4WD EX-L Polished Metal with Gray Leather.
    In short after negotiating with 8 dealerships in the Valley, I got the best offer from Right Honda at $37,300 out the door.
    I would like to know if this is a good deal and if not, how low can I go with the OTD price?
    Thank you everyone who responds. I appreciate the feedback.
  • Options
    cemusiccemusic Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased a 2012 Pilot EX 2WD for $28,517 OTD in Omaha, NE. Looking at the final price, there were $750 in Honda credits available but, then again, I told them I would only deal with OTD. I'm sure they kept that for themselves. Still pretty happy with the price and the overall experience.
  • Options
    tex18tex18 Member Posts: 82
    What was your sale price without taxes...........Thats a great price, it seems they did not add any packages to it.
  • Options
    kuasarainkuasarain Member Posts: 7
    Hi I am in Minnesota and in the market for Buying 2012 Honda Pilot 2012 EX-L 4WD no navigation no RES. Dark Chery Exterior and Black Leather Interior. There are 6 dealerships in the twin cities area and Best I got is 34,000 without tax, registration and license. OTD is $36,800.00.

I have mentioned $750.00 the incentive from Honda if we finance with Honda. They are telling me all has been considered and this is the best they could do.

Looking at all the posts, it looks like I have much better pricing if I buy from other state. How much more I need to spend when I bring the car from another state to Minnesota. Is it worth it?
    Is there anybody in TwinCities, MN area looking to find the best deal?

I would appreciate some feedback on this. Please don't ignore give me some expert advice. This would be my first brand new vehicle in my 15 years driving vehicle, so I am really novice how to deal with dealers while purchasing new car. I have tried to negotiate to one dealer by mentioning another dealer quote, but looks like I am stuck at 36880.00.

Please advice.
  • Options
    Would you please give me the dealer name and contact information. I will google if just give me the dealer name.
  • Options
    Did you have a trade in cemusic? If not it looks like your deal is outstanding.
  • Options
    shalinshalin Member Posts: 1
    Kuasarain,

Looks like you've got yourself a good deal. I just bought a 2012 honda pilot ex-l for $ 34.5 K ( No nav or DVD). What dealer quoted you this 34 K price ? All dealers in MSP are more or less difficult to negotiate with.

Shalin
  • Options
    Shalin,
    Yes, there is not much flexibility for negotiation in twin cities. Just to let you know that 34K is just the base price without tax, license and registration.
    I actually got this price (+100) from # of dealers. Burkle, Richfield, Inver Grove.
    Walser is one price and they quoted me 34,900. It was very tough with Richfield and they came down to 34,200.

Thanks for reassuring me that this is a good price in twincities.
  • Options
    haydellameliahaydellamelia Member Posts: 23
    That honestly doesn't seem that terrific of a deal. I purchased a 2012 Dark Cherry 2WD Touring for $36,000. That is a Touring, and has a bunch more. Know what I mean? The dealership I dealt with is in Louisiana. I can give you the dealership name.
  • Options
    $36000 is OTD price?

Also keep in mind that the difference between 2WD and 4WD is $1500. I must have 4WD in Minnesota. I have called # of dealers in the south like Texas and all of them has little or no 4WD. It is interesting to hear the quote from the dealers of texas of 2wd which is lot more cheaper than 1500 vs the quote for 4WD. Simply because they don't get 4WD much.

Give me the contact for the Louisiana dealer please.
  • Options
    listener111listener111 Member Posts: 5
    I purchased exl navi 4wd, yesterday from rbh in MSP, base price was 325 above invoice for any trim so for the one I bought it was 35902, exl you may get for 33657 (factory invoice as per true car.com) +325 from rbh, brookdale honda quoted the same price while Hopkins honda quoted 1500 above invoice, hope this helps.
  • Options
    Yes. I am getting 34K from Invergrove. I prefer Inver dealer over RBH.
  • Options
    Listener,
    EX-L with Navi only for 35902 seems expensive. The Navi cost about 400. I am sure you have RES with it as well.
  • Options
    fishmanhankfishmanhank Member Posts: 3
    I don't think EXL can come with RES + NAVI, you need to move to Touring for that. Listener, did you mean to say $525 over invoice rather than $325? The $35,902 would then make sense:

EXL with/NAV: $34,567
    Dest charge: $810
    Dealer add: $525
    ==================
    $35,902
  • Options
    I agree .. instead of 325 extra, they charged 525 above invoice price (the invoice price on truecar a week back was 35,758 and today its 35,393 so i was also under the impression that they are charging me 325 extra), looks like i may have misread the number on the truecar, will have to check it back with them. but the deal that was agreed was 325 above the invoice price.
  • Options
    It appears the Truecar 'Factory Invoice' price adds in advertising costs in addition to the dest charge, so it is actually greater than Edmunds 'Invoice' price after adding that cost + the $810 dest charge. Can easily be confusing.... I think a few days ago, the Truecar site didn't add in this advertising cost and their 'Factory Invoice' cost matched the Edmunds stated static Honda invoice price + dest charge. For Pilot 4WD EXL with Nav, looks like factory invoice difference is $381 today, $35,758(Truecar) vs. $35,377(Edmunds).

Regardless, let us know how dealing with RBH on the refund works out - it will be a good test on customer service. I too am looking for Pilot in TC area, considering all options thus far...
  • Options
    Based on edmunds invoice prices

2012 pilot exl awd invoice 32759
    2012 pilot exl awd navi invoice 34567

So there is 1808 diff in the invoice price itself (not just 400)

Add 325 markup + 810 dest fee and that is what rbh agreed to, so for

2012 exl awd the figure will be 33894
  • Options
    memphis_areamemphis_area Member Posts: 1
    Can someone please help me understand the addendum sticker? I was here at a dealership looking at a 2012 Pilot EX-L. The base MSRP sticker said $36960, and there was another addendum that had a total price of $39234. I also noticed that the sticker said something along the lines of "this car has items at no-charge" Should the dealer charge me the extra $2274 for the options on the addendum sticker even though it said something along the lines of "no-charge"? :confuse:
  • Options
    Yes, Listener111, your math on the 2012 exl awd with $325 over actual invoice is right on using the Edmunds stated prices. On Truecar for this specific model, it lists 'Factory Invoice' as $33,931, a difference of $362 vs. Edmunds cost of $33,569. My last reply was just to point out this difference to others, so they are aware. Knowing your $325 over 'real' invoice (does not include advertising, which Truecar adds onto its 'Factory Invoice' price), is good info to use as a pricing guage.
  • Options
  • Options
    Eersfan4lifeEersfan4life Member Posts: 3
    Dealership: Washington Auto Mall - Washington, PA
    $37,695 before TTL
    They threw in the cross bars for the roof rack ($200 value)

Trade-in of 2009 AWD Toyota Sienna Limited with 39,272 miles.
    $25,000 (was almost exactly the midpoint between KBB and Edmunds trade-in value)
  • Options
    ekcekc Member Posts: 32
    In November, some dealers offered upto $750 down payment assistance when financing a Pilot with Honda Financial Services.

Do anyone know what is the comparable incentive for December? Would it be more or less than the $750 from November?

Thx in advance!
  • Options
    jbone012jbone012 Member Posts: 2
    Just picked up my 2012 EX-L. Paid $31,257 before dest, tax & title. It was the best quote I received after contacting several dealers in the Atlanta area. It was also the closest to my home, so a win win.

So far we love it!
  • Options
    aucouraucour Member Posts: 1
    jbone012 - We are also in the market for a 2012 EX-L in Atlanta. Can you tell me the dealership you worked with? Thanks!
  • Options
    akrishnakrishn Member Posts: 9
    I finally got my Black/Black Pilot 4WD Touring after a freaking 30 day wait because of the Honda Production delays. Overall very happy. Guess what I got the best deal :P :)
    36K+810+TTL and also 2*250 certificates towards down payment. Isn't that awesome ....
  • Options
    That is correct, rbh added $200 over edmund's invoice price as advt fees which is equivalent to truecar invoice.

Thanks
  • Options
    rismoneyrismoney Member Posts: 1
    38000 +ttl in NY. Better possible w/ 1.9% 5 yr?
  • Options
    I was told by my dealership that the payment assistance ended in November. It was an incentive for customers to still purchase even though there were delays in productions. I believe he said it was no longer available in December. Don' t know how true it is. I don't think he had any reason to lie as I had already purchased my vehicle using the rebates. But you never know with these dealerships. The only way to find out is from ppl who purchase in December and seeing if there are any rebates applied in their paperwork.
  • Options
    jbone012jbone012 Member Posts: 2
    We purchased from Milton Martin Honda in Gainesville. Just hit their internet department up for a quote.
  • Options
    nj550inj550i Member Posts: 20
    Congrat on your Pilot. It's about time. A couple of questions, on Nov 9, you wrote you finalized your deal. So, you signed a buyer order and the dealer had to built the Pilot for you from one of their allocation? I thought when you finalized your deal, you signed and drove home with the Pilot. At that time, I knew your dealer didn't have any in stock, so I thought they located one for you from another dealer. Anyway, the 2*250 cerificates towards down payment, did the dealer have that in writing when you finalized your deal back in Nov or did you just found out when you went to pick up your truck over the weekend. Mine is suppose to come in the 2nd week of December. Thanks.
  • Options
    w902w902 Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone, long-time lurker, thought I'd post my deal from Sunday. Paid $36,500 (not including tax) total including all-weather floor mats, wheel locks, an extra DVD headset (have 3 boys), wax and pinstripe from South Tacoma Honda in Tacoma, WA. Their added sticker total was $40, 271 - and their first offer was $39,600 - gee, thanks. I know it's about $1400 over invoice, but I left happy. Also got the 1.9% for 60 mos. Totally different story back in 2003 when we bought our Odyssey EXL RES their. We had to wait 3 weeks to get it, and they would only come down $500 from MSRP! But we needed a van and they were in high demand back then. They gave us KBB trade-in for the Odyssey, $8,000. Not the best deal, by any stretch, but it was the model, trim and color we wanted, so I thought I would post to give an idea on price in the Northwest.
  • Options
    akrishnakrishn Member Posts: 9
    nj550i,
    Yes I just blocked signed the PO. They initially promised Nov 12 deliver which extended to Nov 22 and finally got on Dec 1st. The 2*250 was negotiated during thanksgiving. The weekend of thanksgiving they were giving 1-3 certificates to everyone who were buying Honda's and so I requested and they agreed to give me when I came in for picking up the Car. I hardly doubt if they would honor that anymore but you can give it a try in case you are still looking for Pilot's. I bet you wont be disappointed. :P
  • Options
    nj550inj550i Member Posts: 20
    akrishn,

Thanks for getting back to me. Now, it makes more sense. The internet manager told me he is getting 7 Tourings in for the rest of 2011. All the Tourings are reserved except for 2 (that was last week). I reserved mine on the 15th of Nov and built date was last week. Should be in by next weekend (I hope so).

As for the certificates, Honda is still providing them if you lease or take out a 3 yrs loan with 0.9% with Honda Financial Services. BUT it is up to the dealership if they want to give you the certificates.

Good Luck with your Pilot.
  • Options
    jamestbowen3jamestbowen3 Member Posts: 2
    nj550i,

I am curious about these certificates from Honda Financial Services. I'm planning to buy a Pilot (now, December 2011) and I'd be glad to do the 0.9% x 3 Yrs loan if it means 2-3 certificates worth $250/ea! Where do you find official information about those? Is it regional? I'm in the North/South Carolina area, didn't know if that was just a Northeast thing...

Thanks!
  • Options
    jamestbowen3jamestbowen3 Member Posts: 2
    jbone012,

Was that for a 2WD or 4WD?

Thanks!
  • Options
    brwndoggybrwndoggy Member Posts: 41
    Nothing official. Contact the manager at the dealer. Number of certificates is up to them. Not sure if regional.
  • Options
    ekcekc Member Posts: 32
    I spoke with a few dealerships and the certificates are still available this month but the quantity is more limited than last month. They can offer up to 3 or $750 worth. Most are offering only 2 for the pilot. Good luck to you all!!