Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Honda Pilot Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    akrishnakrishn Member Posts: 9
    Buddy, I am talking about a 4WD and NOT 2WD. Your price of 37K+TTL is for a 2012 2WD Touring and I am talking about a 2012 4WD Touting for 36800 (Includes D&H of 810) + TTL. There is a lot of difference. Also this is NJ price. Do you still say I am paying 2-3 grand more for a All Wheel Drive Touring?
  • Options
    darkfudge07darkfudge07 Member Posts: 18
    edited November 2011
    Ok folks...Here's the numbers on my PILOT 2012 EX-L 4WD Lease I just picked up last night in NJ. I think I might have gotten reemed on this one because I didnt know the equity on my return lease on my 2009 4WD Pilot EX-L that had 42,000 miles on it. So let me know what you guys think. Im thinking I could have worked the equity alot better on this 2012 Pilot lease.

I didnt take a dime out of pocket. It appears as if all the cash down was from the equity of the lease...but Im not so sure.

2012 Pilot EX-L 4WD
    36 mos/ 15,000 Miles Yr

Total Monthly payments $410 (NJ taxes incl )
    Total of Base Payments $14,760

Gross CAP Cost $36, 382
    CAP COST REDUCTION $2,379
    Adjusted CAP COST $34,003

Residual Value $20,339

Total of Payments $17,658

Credit for Honda Pilot 2009 EX-L 4WD trade in $3,308
    Trade In Value for 2009 Pilot $18,292
    Net Trade In Allowance $21,600
  • Options
    bestdealpleasebestdealplease Member Posts: 9
    Buddy, you got it wrong..urs is really good deal compared to mine...I said that in my previous post...another person suggested me (not you) that I am paying 2-3 grands more
  • Options
    loutiffsloutiffs Member Posts: 1
    2012 touring 2WD for $35,750 + tax, tag and dealer fee - purchased
    2011 touring 4WD for $35,200 + tax tag and dealer fee - deal passed on.
  • Options
    bestdealpleasebestdealplease Member Posts: 9
    Thank you...My quote for 2012 2WD is 1400$ more..but that is the best one I am getting in Miami :mad: price may go down bit more if the color is white or black...nobody prefer black because of the hot humid weather...white gets dirty quickly in Miami.. :(
  • Options
    antons911antons911 Member Posts: 66
    Norm Reeves Honda Superstore
    But most dealers were willing to sell at that price.
    the hard part was finding 4x4 in Southern CA
  • Options
    mashkudmashkud Member Posts: 5
    I want to lease a fwd Honda pilot 2012 touring in Houston. Any advise on a good dealer and price?
  • Options
    brwndoggybrwndoggy Member Posts: 41
    Purchased 2012 FWD EXL with Nav for 35,229 minus $750 cash down credit if financed (.9%) for 36 months. Total is $34,459 plus tax and $179 in fee's (50 is theirs, the other is state fee).

Came with window tint, wheel locks and all weather mats. Mats are worth a few hundred, others not needed for many.

Deal came in almost 3k below msrp not including free mats, tint and wheel locks.

Dealer is Howdy Honda in Austin. Yes, silly name but straight forward if you are... :)
  • Options
    nj550inj550i Member Posts: 20
    brwndoggy,

Congrat on your new Pilot. Can you explain the $750 cash credit? To my understanding, if you finance your truck with Honda Financial Service, you will receive additional $750 cash credit?

Anyone, is this cash credit good only down South or is it nationwide?
  • Options
    hskim71hskim71 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2011 EX-L but the Touring price seems a bit high. Saw 2011 4WD Touring for under 37K and 2012 should not be significantly higher.

This is what I did:

1. used the internet like cars.com to get on line quotes - some provided written quotes and some just called (be ready!! ;- ) )
    2. also checked other 2-3 local dealers (that are not on the online quote site)
    3. one dealer offered to beat the best written quote (by $500)
    4. printed out the best one 31600
    5. walked in and got 31100 (+ tax etc)

They did "nickel and dime" me ($60 for nitrogen, $300 for window etching / insurance) but generally happy with the deal. The internet really worked well for me.
  • Options
    brwndoggybrwndoggy Member Posts: 41
    Dealer has 'honda money' they can give you if you finance and deal...

It comes in $250 increments. I received 3 (total of $750) that is applied as cash downpayment, reducing the amount financed.
  • Options
    Ok Guys. I have finalized my deal for 2012 Pilot Touring(No additional Accessories).
    Final Price : 36000 Even
    D&H: 810
    Tax: 7%
    Doc fee: 299
    Plus other registration fees etc.
    Dealer : Autosport, Bridgewater, NJ.
  • Options
    isittrueisittrue Member Posts: 3
    I bought a 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L FWD ( NO navigation or any other features). I think i got a very good deal...but something tells me I am missing something. ..so here are the numbers:

Vehicle price: 31000
    Sales Tax: 1950
    Title + misc fees:400

Total = 33350

Down payment made by Honda finance = 750

Price I paid..On the road price = $32600. (financed @ 1.9% over 60 months).

What do you guys think?
  • Options
    akrishn,

Congrat and thanks for getting back to me. I just got the same quote from Autosport Honda. Which one did you get, the Bali Blue or the White Diamond Pear? If you finance, did you get any "Honda Money".
  • Options
    tex18tex18 Member Posts: 82
    What is the Honda Finance rebate I keep reading about?
  • Options
    Buddy if you have finalized the deal with autosport can you let me know. I may ask him for some referral bonus. Appreciate. Only share the info if you feel I helped you with providing the info for a better deal .:)
  • Options
    tex18,

This is what I think, not 100% sure. Based on this forum and another Pilot forum. Some people are getting a $750 Honda Money if finance with Honda Financial Services. This only happen in Nov, not Oct (I could be wrong on this). When I received my quotes in Oct, the quotes for a 2012 Touring (4wd), they were around $37,200 to $38,500 w/o destination. Starting in Nov, dealers are calling/emailing and willing to lower the price to ??? (I haven't got back to them yet). Based on the sales price of $36,000 from forum member "akrishn" for a 2012 Touring (4wd), there seems to be some kind of Honda money floating around. $36K is over $1k below dealer's cost.
  • Options
    akrishn,

No problem with referral fee. But, which one did you purchased, Bali Blue or White Diamond Pearl? I'm looking at the White Diamond Pearl. On the Autosport Honda website, it still shows the Blue and the WDP.
  • Options
    lctjjolctjjo Member Posts: 1
    $37808, including destination charge
    $349 dealer processing fee
    $1278 tax, tags, license
    $39435 OTD

Thoughts?

I did get the exact color I wanted: dark amber with beige interior. This was the only dealership willing to find it. Plus they matched the lowest price.

Honda of Tyson's Corner, Vienna VA (Washington DC area)
  • Options
    dentildentil Member Posts: 8
    Just picked up our new Touring this week. We love it!! Paid $38340 plus license. Thank God, no tax!
  • Options
    outkastoutkast Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    I just helped my uncle get a 2012 EX-L 4WD Silver Metallic (no NAV or RES but has backup cam) from Philly/Willow Grove dealership for $35000 (TTL) with ($500 being paid for by Honda @ 1.9% financing for 60 mths) - so $35,500. My uncle decided to go with the extended warranty option and tagged on an additional $1460 for 8 years/75,000 extended warranty as well (this includes Full TIRE/RIM protection too). Also, the dealer thru in a free roof rack in the package as well. So, total $35000 + $1460 = $36,460 out the door price. Good deal?
  • Options
    haydellameliahaydellamelia Member Posts: 23
    I am looking for a really great deal on a 2012 Touring in the Baton Rouge/Lafayette, LA. area. The dealerships in Lafayette are quite stingy, but they've always been that way. Haven't ventured out to Baton Rouge yet. Just wondering too, like the cost of the one at Autosport in NJ..can I use that as a comparison??

This is all new to me, so the help would be greatly appreciated!!
  • Options
    civictorycivictory Member Posts: 73
    The answer to your question ("Good deal?") depends on what you paid in taxes and fees. It's difficult to compare OTD prices unless you are in the same geographical area.
  • Options
    jpierce75jpierce75 Member Posts: 2
    I have an offer for 2012 EX-L (no RES or Nav):

Base Vehicle $32,759
    Options Invoice + $0
    Regional Ad Fee(s) + $362
    Destination Fee + $810
    Factory Invoice $33,931

Offer: $33, 681 + titles and taxes PLUS $99 admin fee

Seems like a pretty good deal overall..
  • Options
    4WD or FWD?

In Texas, I got 2012 Honda Pilot EX-L, FWD (no RES or Nav) for $32,500 On the Road.
  • Options
    I got an offer for 2012 Touring..$36,420 not including tt&l. Could also get a 2011 Touring for $38,000 OTD. IDK what to do?!?
  • Options
    I think you can get a better deal.

1) have patience and pit dealers against each other...always communicate via email.
    2) If I received an offer of say 35000, I went to another dealer and told him I got an offer of 34000....the new dealer gave me a deal of 33500. I tried this process repeatedly until dealers started saying they cannot match. Thats when you know you reached the bottom.
    3) Always deal in On the Road price.
    4) Once you have a bottom price you like, go to the dealer and do not budge. They will try various tricks...but all you have to do say..if you cannot give this price..I am walking off..I walked out of 2 dealerships.
    5) there is always a dealer in your area who is hungry for a sale.
    6) I also felt going late works to your benefit. For eg; If the dealership closes at 8pm go there at 7:30pm...that way the sales guys are all exhausted and they dont use all the tricks in the book.
    7) By the time I purchased my vehicle it was 11:40 pm...I got less pressured on purchasing additional crap like extended warranty..etc.

8) have patience and be firm.
  • Options
    thedude11thedude11 Member Posts: 1
    Seems like the best deal so far. What is the name of the Dealership/salesman you worked with?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,435
    You may include the dealership name, city and state in your post. Please do not post names of salespeople, telephone numbers, email addresses, or other contact information.

Thanks!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Autosport, Bridgetwater, NJ
  • Options
    victord1victord1 Member Posts: 94
    Hey lctjjo, does that include any other options???? It seems a bit steep compared to another deal a few posts earlier.

BTW, I'm also looking for the Touring in the DC area (more like NoVa).
  • Options
    As I write this, I am waiting on one more offer..So far, this is what I got..2012 Dark Cherry Pearl II Touring for 36,400. This seems to be the bottom line price here in Louisiana. I haven't even told them about the trade in yet. It's all contingent upon that. They gave me the vehicle, so that my husband can "look" at it. We shall see...Their all saying that they won't make anything on the vehicle because 36,000 is invoice.
  • Options
    Okay, so I got a final offer from dealer number 1-$36,000 even before TT&L..Then they got to our trade. We have an 06 Volvo XC90 with 76,000 miles..loaded without navigation. They only want to give us $11,000.

Got another offer from dealer number 2..they want is $35,900. Don't know how much they'll give me for my trade.
  • Options
    The best price I've gotten is $35,900 on a 2012 2WD Pilot. I am in Louisiana though.
  • Options
    ekcekc Member Posts: 32
    Could you elaborate more on this "honda money"?

What is the official offer name of this "money"?

I spoke with a few dealerships here in TX that claim not knowing such offerings. Are they just hiding from me or such money only offered by limited number of dealerships?
  • Options
    I am not sure if it is a southern thing. But Honda I guess gives an incentive to the dealers. They are coupons for 250.00 each. I am guessing the max they are allowed to use are 3. So, that totals 750.00. Just tell them that you know about it.

Bought a 2012 Honda Pilot Touring tonight..
    MSRP $40,030
    Actual price paid $36,000
    That is not including TT&L...I will have to find it, and put it on here.

Dealer is in New Iberia, La.
  • Options
    sheetaljsheetalj Member Posts: 3
    Bought a black Honda Pilot 2012 EX-L 4WD with Navigation last night. After getting tired of dealing with dealers directly, ended up using Sams Club no hassle purchase program and requested multiple quotes around the Philadelphia area. Ended up choosing Sloane Honda in Philadelphia who quoted $300 below invoice -

$35077 Purchase price + 6% PA tax + $150 TT&L

I did trade my 2002 Honda Accord in and had to do the usual bargaining. Now there IS $750 incentive for financing through Honda in November which I was aware of but didn't push the salesman on that but in the end I felt a little taken advantage of when they added $750 to the purchase price and gave the $750 credit towards down payment. All in all the purchase experience was hassle free and relatively straight forward.

Note to self: Do not buy car on evenings on weekdays as you would be tired and more eager to make the deal.
  • Options
    jeffinhoustonjeffinhouston Member Posts: 1
    Got a quote today on a Pilot in Houston

MSRP $ 41,630.00
    Internet price $ 36,911.00
    Destination $ 810.00
    protection package $ -
    tinted windows $ -

Trade allowance $ -

total sales price $ 37,721.00
    sales tax $ 2,357.56
    inventory tax $ 79.33
    license fee $ 72.30
    title fee $ 33.00
    inspection fee $ 23.75
    temp tag $ 5.00
    doc fee $ 125.00

Total drive out $ 40,416.94

It's round 1 with the dealers. Am aiming to knock $1k to $1,500 out of the drive out.
  • Options
    ekcekc Member Posts: 32
    I have three dealerships who know about this $750 down payment assistance and few who do not, and these are the ones that are closer to my home.

So I called both Honda Motors and Honda Financial Services and the ladies I spoke with do not know any program as such but they did say that some dealers may have special incentives.

My hope is to find out if the dealerships closer to home could participate so that I don't have to travel out of town for a truck.

Does any of you know the formal name of this program?

Any comments or suggestions?
  • Options
    hunter06hunter06 Member Posts: 16
    Good price !

Was this at a dealership around Philly?

I am starting to look for the best deals near philly. Still not in rush to buy the vehicle, just starting the activity. Any advice?
  • Options
    emmylou81emmylou81 Member Posts: 10
    My husband and I are going to be purchasing a '12 Pilot FWD in the middle of December but have a few questions you all may be able to help us with.

1. What is your opinion of EX and EXL? The EXL worth the extra money?

2. Anyone know the factory invoice cost (before add ons like holdback, dealer flooring, ect) is on either trim levels?

3. Im in the Austin area. Anyone have a good deal to share and where we can get quotes from?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    jguedryjguedry Member Posts: 3
    Go to gunn Honda san Antonio w m lenz or do a internet quote I was quoted 29000 for a 2012 pilot ex and 32000 for exl, that's w the destination all you add is ttl and around 300 for other fees. I thought it was a good deal.
  • Options
    What dealership in Texas gave you that quote? We're in the market for a pilot and are trying to decide between the ex and exl with no res or nab like urs....we're in Austin
  • Options
    jguedryjguedry Member Posts: 3
    Gunn Honda in san antonio best price i found 29k for ex and 32k for exl both 2012.
  • Options
    Is that drive out cost?
  • Options
    tex18tex18 Member Posts: 82
    Try Bankston Honda in Dallas and Honda of Burleson of Ft.Worth. I just got an email quote of $26,500 (not including destination) for a Pilot EX FWD from Bankston Honda in Lewsiville..............
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Just a note for buyers. In NJ, dealers inventory do not match 100% what is on cars.com, autotrade.com & edmunds.com. I send an email out to all the dealers that have the color I wanted in a (4wd) Touring for a quote. Only ONE out of 5 dealers came back and told me they had the color, the other told me don't rely on the those websites for inventory. I went with the dealer with the lowest price, but they couldn't locate one so mine is being built late November. The dealer that had the color I wanted was $1800 more on the eQuote and they refused to match or go lower. There is a shortage of Touring in my area of NJ. No dealers want to give up their Tourings in their inventory. Don't blame them.
  • Options
    Personal experience. NJ Area, dealers tell that they have Touring in stock until you come to a final stage of price negotiations..they show EXL w/res or w/nav and tell they can get the Touring upon finalizing....Honestly its all part of business...currently because of Alabama Honda Production delays Tourings are really short in Northern Jersey Area. If you pre-order now, you MAY get it in a month from now...again no choice of colors really,,,you may get 2 or at the max three options...if u want you can book.......Dont rely/believe on dealers because they try to do business and lie...if you are happy with the price and can wait then go or just stay away...I have been waiting since Oct 28 :P
  • Options
    csduchesnecsduchesne Member Posts: 1
    Recently bought a new 2012 EX-L with rear entertainment system, AWD, no NAV. MSRP $38,580. Stated invoice $35,015. Purchased vehicle for $33,050 with a trade, and including $750 from Honda. The $750 was stated by the dealership as money "Honda was paying" in reaction to my asking for the car at $33,800 with $1,300 of accessories (rails + cross bars & running boards) at no additional charge. From comments in the forum, I presume the $750 to be down payment assistance the dealer leveraged to close the deal without money out of their pocket.
  • Options
    solosolo Member Posts: 48
    You should be able to get the touring for $39,500 otd.